“3 a.m.” ad girl: Let Obama answer the phone

posted at 9:00 am on March 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

It’s been that kind of campaign for our gal: Not only does Ted Kennedy abandon her for the new kid, even the extras in her own ads do. If it’s too much to expect her to vet multimillion-dollar fundraising bundlers for criminal activity, it’s surely too much to ask that she make sure all ostensible Hillary supporters are actual Hillary supporters.

Young Casey may (or may not) be pleased to know that Hillary isn’t America’s number-one choice to answer the phone, either. Exit question: Check out who posted this clip at YouTube. Think her dream of making an ad with Obama is apt to come true?

Comments

Golden

Grafted on March 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM

How much more time is going to be wasted on this 3am nonsense?

LimeyGeek on March 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Think her dream of making an ad with Obama is apt to come true?

I wouldn’t bet against it.

Frozen Tex on March 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Apparently, she is interested in human rights and want’s to work at the U.N.

Growing up’s b!7(#.

ronsfi on March 10, 2008 at 10:17 AM

If you feel bad showing up in someone else’s ads, then blame your parents for pimping you out to Getty Images for a few $s. So shut up. No wonder she supports Obama.

RW Wacko on March 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Limey, I was going to say the same thing myself. Besides, according to the book by Edward Klein, the “Big Girl” is normally a late riser. It’s a bit hard to picture her jumping out of bed at that hour!

4shoes on March 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM

wow, so young and so clueless.
reminds me of the new ad campaign showing that once you put your face on the net its there forever, good or bad.
once you sell your image to an ad agency there is nothing you can say about how its used. making a big deal of her image being used for hill is just dumb.

trailortrash on March 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM

How much more time is going to be wasted on this 3am nonsense?

LimeyGeek on March 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM

For as long as AP needs some easy headlines and can get away with it. Not that I blame him, I’d do the same.

Darth Executor on March 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM

“Apparently, she is interested in human rights and want’s to work at the U.N.”

Total Lib disconnect, if she were truly interested in Human Rights the LAST place to accomplish that is the UN.

bbz123 on March 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Well, uhmmm, like I’m totally into Obama, you know, cause, well, he, ummm, totally connects with me, for sure. I see now why her acting career ended, she can barely speak english.

deadbackpacker on March 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM

How many more jobs has their girl gotten because she appeared in the ad? It was Hillary and not Obama that got her name out there.

Who cares about this? This girl was paid a few years ago..now she knows, or probably not, that her future contracts should be written differently.

Pam on March 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Who cares about this?

Pam on March 10, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Bingo. Only the saps in the media would give any importance to the opinion of a prop on a set.

Saltysam on March 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Reporter in clip says (as if it were fact) that the “3AM ad played a big part in Hillary’s win in Texas”. Really? It didn’t have anything to do with Republicans crossing-over trying to mess with the Democratic primary? I guess her message is just really ringing home with the heartland, huh?

Naive press, why won’t they ever report the real story?

pecan pie on March 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Doesn’t everyone listen to a 17 year old when deciding how to vote?

Wade on March 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM

The ad played a large part in Senator Clinton’s win in Texas? I’d like to see a cite for that.

TooTall on March 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM

She will be voting Hillary if Hillary wins the nomination. She is a Democrat…. after all

Nice subliminal message..

amkun on March 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Wade on March 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM

And you don’t? :)

Pam on March 10, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I guess this means Democrats will be pushing to lower the voting age to 6 next time around.

Blacklake on March 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM

“Hope for change” like really resonates with the young socialist. It is so like totally crazy and all get out.

nottakingsides on March 10, 2008 at 11:40 AM

And you don’t? :)

Pam on March 10, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Only to ensure the education system is living up to it’s socialist 3rd world task of educating.

Wade on March 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Blacklake on March 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I thought 6 was their IQ level not their age…damn, I need to get my facts straight…

Liberty or Death on March 10, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Sorry about the above, it’s early Monday morning (not enough coffee yet) and I obviously hit the ‘strike’ button and not the ‘quote’ button…what was that I was saying about IQ…hehe.

Liberty or Death on March 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM

And Clinton now knows that she probably shouldn’t use stock footage of unknown potential voters. When you run an add that appeals to emotion, logic fails to keep such ironic details from undercutting your message. Fair or not, people have credited this ad with keeping Clinton viable, so of course it’s going to be dissected. And Clinton can’t respond to this; what she going to say? “I don’t care what the people I’m trying to protect think, I’m best for them!”

calbear on March 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Hillary wont be answering the phone at 0300, because she isnt getting elected.

Neither will B Hussein. Talk about an airhead.

dogsoldier on March 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Hopefully casey’s big mouth and lack of integrity will make anyone else think twice about hiring her.

peacenprosperity on March 10, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Maybe Shillary should start surrounding herself with kids. This way, if they all jump into B.O.’s corner, at least she’ll have the peace of mind knowing they can’t vote anyway.

pilamaye on March 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Ah, the prototypical democrat, Do as I say, not as I do. Hey, could she be the rumored John Edwards luv child?

dmann on March 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Yet another reason the voting age should go back up to 21. The few times they do show up, they vote like idiots.

Although I would not give up my participation in history for that (I was a 19 year old Bush voter in Florida, 2000)

Squid Shark on March 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM