Obama takes Wyoming

posted at 6:13 pm on March 8, 2008 by Michelle

The Mo swings back to B.O.:

Sen. Barack Obama captured the Wyoming Democratic caucuses Saturday, seizing a bit of momentum in the close, hard-fought race with rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for the party’s presidential nomination.

Obama generally has outperformed Clinton in caucuses, which reward organization and voter passion more than do primaries. The Illinois senator has now won 13 caucuses to Clinton’s three.

Obama has also shown strength in the Mountain West, winning Idaho, Utah, Colorado and now Wyoming. The two split Nevada, with Clinton winning the popular vote and Obama more delegates.

Comments

Heh. I’m beginning to think Obama may be easier to defeat in the general–he has a habit of unforced errors.

The downside is his cult following, which would probably riot if he wasn’t elected. I’d rather have them riot at the Dem party, not the rest of the country.

Vanceone on March 8, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Mississippi is an open Primary. We need to keep her in the race to keep the hope of Democratic Armageddon alive.

TheBigOldDog on March 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Wow, what happened to that post? Yikes…

TheBigOldDog on March 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Anyone notice that Obama wins conservative states while Hillary wins Liberal ones ? (Texas being an exception)

I think its more Clinton Hate than Obama love.

William Amos on March 8, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Maybe Wyoming will do the same thing for Obama that it did for Romney.

Terrye on March 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Oh man, do we have to start rooting for the wicked witch of the east again???

Bummer

conservnut on March 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Wyomomentum?

Sounds like a Harry Potter spell.

Ron: Oh no, Harry, what do we do?

Harry: Hermione, you can think of something can’t you?

Hermione: (pointing her wand at a troll) WYOMOMENTUM! Don’t you two read?

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM

I think it’s likely that Obama would carry Utah and Wyoming in the general election. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mormon Doc on March 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM

I really hate that front photo.

baldilocks on March 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Oh man, do we have to start rooting for the wicked witch of the east again???

Bummer

conservnut on March 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Stinks, doesn’t it? I just want to see her toes shrivel up and get sucked up under the house.

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM

The shine is off Obama.

This is just a meaningless hiccough in his choking downward spiral.

Every time he criticizes Hillary, he looks pettier and smaller and meaner and duller.

Keep carping, Barack!

The mud is fine.

profitsbeard on March 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Hillary can’t catch Barak with “elected” delegates. Her only hope is the Super Delegates. If she “steals” the nomination with them, the Democratic Party gets thrown into chaos. Obama is the Democrats only hope against McCain now.

So says Dick Morris!

Ordinary1 on March 8, 2008 at 6:48 PM

So says Dick Morris!

Ordinary1 on March 8, 2008 at 6:48 PM

And those dem women that believe Obama has no experience and no business being commander-in-chief, when it comes to security issues?

I guess they get to vote for McCain..

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Yep, I am looking forward to the day when I (as a member of the species “conservutus-nuttus” ) can respond to a Hillary defeat in the proper instinctual way and say “Hell Yeah”!!!!

conservnut on March 8, 2008 at 6:59 PM

So says Dick Morris!

Ordinary1 on March 8, 2008 at 6:48 PM

He must read HA.

JiangxiDad on March 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Brilliant!

exlibris on March 8, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Notice how Hil’s promoting the prospect of a Hil-Barak ticket? She’s lost it except for the super-delegates. She knows it too, and she’s thinking she can steal it nonetheless if she agrees to give Obama the VP slot!

petefrt on March 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM

I never would have guessed there were enough democrats in Wyoming to have a caucus. They really are everywhere.

SouthernGent on March 8, 2008 at 7:15 PM

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Nice Very Nice LOL

KBird on March 8, 2008 at 7:20 PM

I really hate that front photo.

baldilocks on March 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Glad I’m not alone.

12thman on March 8, 2008 at 7:24 PM

SouthernGent on March 8, 2008 at 7:15 PM

WELL, your comment just BEGS a Bob Hope response!

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM

I think its more Clinton Hate than Obama love.

William Amos on March 8, 2008 at 6:21 PM

I think you are correct, William.

I really hate that front photo.

baldilocks on March 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM
Glad I’m not alone.

12thman on March 8, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Me too.

Zorro on March 8, 2008 at 7:29 PM

The Mo swings back to B.O.:

I can see the Hillary ad now: “On day one, do you want a fragrant president, one that smells like Jean-Nate, or an odorous one? VOTE AGAINST B.O.”

Hey, they did the Muslim-garb thing.

emailnuevo on March 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I think its more Clinton Hate than Obama love.

I wouldn’t doubt that at all.

I’ll be the first the admit it, I cannot stand Hillary. My reasons are:

1. Waco Tragedy
2. Ruby Ridge
3. Monica
4. Her Hubby

I held and still hold Him and his FIRST LADY responsible for the above. Billy Jeff signed off on Waco and Children DIED. Period.

The sick and sad part about the people that were personally responsible for that act of unneeded aggression never sat foot in a jail cell.

and that my freinds, is why I will NOT vote for that feckless BITCH!

Sorry for my language, But I still seethe with anger over Waco and ruby ridge.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM

testing!

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Hmmm… wordpress must have ate my comment… maybe I got carried away… :-O

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:50 PM

It just absolutely boggles my mind that these people are being hoodwinked by Obama. It blows me away…

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on March 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I have 3 good reasons why I do NOT want to see Hillary President.

1. Waco Tragedy – The HER HUSBAND signed off on.
2. Ruby Ridge
3. Monica

If she gets it. I will hold my nose and vote Republican.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Oh and I forgot on…

Peter F. Paul

She’s a felon.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM

I think its more Clinton Hate than Obama love.

William Amos on March 8, 2008 at 6:21 PM

I think that’s a big part of it and I think the call for Reps in Texas and Ohio to Xover and vote for her tipped the balance back in her favor.

TheBigOldDog on March 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I never was able to stomach these types of back-and-forth carny rides.
Dittos on the picture.

artlover on March 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Obama takes Wyoming

For some reason that reminds me of “The Muppets Take Manhattan”.

ReubenJCogburn on March 8, 2008 at 8:04 PM

WELL, your comment just BEGS a Bob Hope response!

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM

THAT is the best movie line ever!!! Thank’s for sharing.

HawaiiLwyr on March 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM

WELL, your comment just BEGS a Bob Hope response!

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM

That’s awesome. I bet the fact that comments are disabled makes their heads explode.

ReubenJCogburn on March 8, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Obama takes Wyoming,tick tick tick he’s regained
a little monentum,tick tick tick on the way to
Denver,tick tick tick to the final countdown at the
DNC,Tick!

canopfor on March 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I have 3 good reasons why I do NOT want to see Hillary President.

1. Waco Tragedy – The HER HUSBAND signed off on.
2. Ruby Ridge
3. Monica

If she gets it. I will hold my nose and vote Republican.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM

2. Ruby Ridge

That was under George H.W. Bush..

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Anyone notice that Obama is also the winner in places that McCain wins but doesn’t stand a chance of winning in a real (read unfixed) contest?

highhopes on March 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM

The Other Obama (more than you ever want to know)

I asked her if she was offended by Bill Clinton’s use of the phrase “fairy tale” to describe her husband’s characterization of his position on the Iraq War. At first, Obama responded with a curt “No.” But, after a few seconds, she affected a funny voice. “I want to rip his eyes out!” she said, clawing at the air with her fingernails. One of her advisers gave her a nervous look. “Kidding!” Obama said. “See, this is what gets me into trouble”.

just a little reminder for the fence sitters

windansea on March 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Maybe Wyoming will do the same thing for Obama that it did for Romney.

Terrye on March 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Wins the “Response of the Day” award

ScottMcC on March 8, 2008 at 8:49 PM

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM

What a short list.

Here’s some other reasons why Clinton shouldn’t be elected.

1. Elian Gonzoles (sp?)

2. 9/11/01 atrocities brought about by the half-assed treatment of terrorism during the 1990s.

3. USS Cole bombing

4. 1993 WTC bombing

5. White House Travel Office scandal

6. Rose Law firm billing records scandal

7. Sunshine laws with regard to healthcare reform

8. Fundraising improprieties.

9. Lack of relevant experience to be President

10. Socialist rhetoric that would destroy American economy

That’s just the top ten.

highhopes on March 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.Wikipedia:Barack Obama

Assumed office January 4, 2005

Operation Iraqi Freedom began on March 20, 2003

How is Obama relevant to this discussion?

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 8:54 PM

BTW, I didn’t know Obama was a “junior”.(.jr)

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Again, for those of you who didn’t read it. I am reposting this message:

Who would have believed anybody who said that there might be attacks on America from Islamic terrorists in 2001?

In America, as in elsewhere, people are the same, they do not heed calls of warning.

I warned you long time ago about Hussein Barack.

So, go ahead.

Elect him, but don’t cry later.

Idiots.

Indy Conservative on March 8, 2008 at 8:58 PM

2. Ruby Ridge

That was under George H.W. Bush..

It was? Hmph…. I thought Billy Jeff was in office when that went down? Guess not. Wasn’t the trial happening, when Clinton was in office?

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

WY was a conservative state. Even the DEMS. If you think
that WY DEMS in this state would Vote for BORAK in the
general,you don’t know WY. Being a DEM in WY is like
being a christen in Saudi
. Call your self what you
want, but you ain’t driving the BUS.

(Speaking to DEMS)
Third sentence it not true. We will let you read your
democratic bible in WY. We will even fight for your right
to do so. Even if you won’t.

spike on March 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM

I really hate that front photo.

baldilocks on March 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Indeed. I’m with you,

Entelechy on March 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Ruby Ridge
August 21, 1992

George H. W. Bush
January 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Barack’s big MO was also on display in Illinois tonight.

Obama coattails? Barack endorsement is putting Bill Foster (D) over the top taking Denny Hassert’s seat, IL-14

It looks like Barack Obama is proving just how significant his coattails will be in the general election. Barack endorsed Bill Foster (D) in the special election for Denny Hassert’s congressional seat in IL-14 and it looks like this once safe Republican district is going to change hands.

Commercial that Foster ran featuring Barack Obama:

With 94% of the precincts reporting tonight Foster leads Olberweis (R) 53% to 47%.

Results:

olympian2008 on March 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM

“WELL, your comment just BEGS a Bob Hope response!

CrimsonFisted on March 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM”

Best clip…….. evaaahhhh!

Seven Percent Solution on March 8, 2008 at 10:17 PM

petefrt on March 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM

But is it really stealing if the kooky Democratic rules allow someone to win the nomination without having more elected/pledged/whatever-you-call-’em delegates? I know that it wouldn’t go over well with the Obamaniacs if she won despite having received less votes, but if those are the rules, then it’s technically fair and square.

darii on March 8, 2008 at 10:18 PM

“If she gets it. I will hold my nose and vote Republican.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM”

Now you know how most of the Republican Conservative base feels………

Seven Percent Solution on March 8, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Wyomomentum.

i fail at saying this word.

its vintage duh on March 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM

It’s over – Dick Morris

MB4 on March 8, 2008 at 10:30 PM

“If she gets it. I will hold my nose and vote Republican.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM”

Obama is rated as the most liberal senator, in the senate.

Both are exremists.. one is as bad as the other.

I didn’t know one could get “more liberal” than Ted Kennedy but Obama found a way.. sheesh.

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Wild “prediction” of the day:

HildaBeast cheats, the only way she can win, and beats Obama for the dim nom. Juan Plantation McVano, the hombre who teamed with Feingold to blast away at the First Amendment and joined with Kennedy to try to impose Shamnesty on America, then selects Obama as his VP running mate.

MB4 on March 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Wyoming has the smallest population in the United States, even counting the District of Columbia, Wyoming would be 51.

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Obama is rated as the most liberal senator, in the senate.

Both are exremists.. one is as bad as the other.

Given a choice. I’d rather have a magic negro, than a closet lesbian.

(wait… did I say that in here?)

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Now you know how most of the Republican Conservative base feels………

Cackle! Cackle!

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Ruby Ridge
August 21, 1992

George H. W. Bush
January 20, 1989 – January 20, 1993

Ah, I see. One thing I will confess. I wasn’t really into the News and Politics, back in the good ol’ days.. I was too busy working. and being young… you know, chasing women, sleepin’ late and smoking tea. (wasn’t that a song?)

*sheepish grin*

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 10:56 PM

ehh. I don’t care for the rhetoric that you use..

I oppose the policies of Obama and Clinton, the other stuff isn’t needed. (And yes, I know what “Magic Negro” is..) its just not necessary.

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 11:03 PM

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I bet i have sinned more than you in that regard..(I have since grown up and haven’t drank a sip of alcohol or done illegal drugs of any kind in well over 11 years)

I was never an “alcoholic” per se, i was just a young lad that “woke up” one day, after being somewhat of a rebellious b@stard.

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Good god…Saturday Night Live is totally slapping Obama around like a rag doll. He answers the call at 3am, then calls Hillary for advice. That’s going to leave a mark.

SouthernGent on March 8, 2008 at 11:34 PM

D2Boston on March 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Obama takes FARC controlled Columbia.

RobCon on March 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM

It’s astonishing that the Democratic party would put this guy forward (or Hillary, for that matter) who is essentially an empty suit. An empty suit that makes nice speeches… it just goes to show how little they respect this country that they would be willing to put such a vapid candidate in the Oval Office. I can’t believe so many people are falling for his crap. D2Boston on March 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Those aren’t just “people”, they’re Dhimmicrats.

I”m not afraid of either one of those goofs. The infighting is delicious to watch and savor.

I’d like another serving of your schadenfreude please. It’s such a nice dish.

Mojave Mark on March 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Time for Hillary to take some advice

“What are you prepared to do?”

michaelo on March 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM

The second link is metaphorical people, in case you can’t figure that out.

michaelo on March 9, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Wyoming doesn’t exist.

- The Cat

MirCat on March 9, 2008 at 2:49 AM

Hillary will do whatever it takes to win.

She is now working to get the vote in the Florida and Michigan primaries counted even though she agreed when the DNC told them their delegates would not count if they moved up the date of their primaries.

If the convention comes and Obama has more of the popular votes and elected delegates, Hillary will find a way to get enough super delegates to put her over the top. She will do anything to win even if she knows all hell will break loose if Obama supporters perceive she steals the nomination.

tazmebro on March 9, 2008 at 4:40 AM

Wayward is a Moby…I have encoungtered it on other threads……(s)he is endeavoring to persuade people sit at home and not to vote for McCain, regardless of which Dem candiate wins, although I strongly suspect it is an Obamamaniac.

Walks like a Moby, talks like a Moby…quack quack…

Salamantis on March 9, 2008 at 6:19 AM

How about showing Obama as Mohamed once and awhile if we need a tainted prophet connection with Barack Hussein Obama?

I know Christ and Christians are an easy target, but on a Sunday morning I don’t need to see some hypocrite’s head on the body representing the man I call “Lord”.

Hening on March 9, 2008 at 6:23 AM

OK, I just took another look and it’s not his head, but you know what I mean……..

Hening on March 9, 2008 at 6:30 AM

How is that? Half the country voted for gore and kerry.

peacenprosperity on March 9, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Two things, he is not a Muslim and Mohammed would not capture the messianic image he is playing up.

Squid Shark on March 9, 2008 at 9:13 AM

I know Christ and Christians are an easy target,

Only because you are in the VAST majority and can not really be hurt, you know, sticks and stones.

Squid Shark on March 9, 2008 at 9:29 AM

The Mo swings back to B.O.:

OK and “big MO” swings to the Democrats…!

Bastards, SOBs’ and nere-do-wells get quick and sure come uppance…!
Damn… you gotta luv those flat Landers down there in Illinois…!

AIN’T IT SWEET…!

Olde soldier sends…
jgocht@countryspeed.com

…harbingers and omens…HARBINGERS AND OMENS…!
…praise the Lord… Oooh, PRAISE THE LORD…!

J_Gocht on March 9, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Moby this pal…

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Moby this

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Ooops. didn’t see first one.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 9, 2008 at 10:39 AM

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian…

Long arm Italian greeting to you your’s
Olde soldier sends…!

J_Gocht on March 9, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Wyoming doesn’t exist.

MirCat on March 9, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Let me guess. The moon landings were faked and 9/11 was an inside job, right?

It’s okay though because I don’t believe in the Airbus A380. Never fear, Buttercup, Airplanes of Unusual Size (AUS) simply don’t exist.

My collie says:

Psst! Don’t look now, but there be truthers in our midst.

CyberCipher on March 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM

HUH…?
Truthers…?
Have you ever seen a down buffalow…?

J_Gocht on March 9, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Obama is rated as the most liberal senator, in the senate.

Both are exremists.. one is as bad as the other.

Chakra Hammer on March 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Obama is obviously more of a doctrinaire leftist pretending to be a moderate, something like Carter on steroids.

Hillary is a leftist also, if marginally less so, but a rather pragmatic one.

The problem is that Hillary is also an extreme authoritarian who will grab as much power as she can get her hands on. If she were to win the general election she would most likely have a leftwing congress to let her run wild, and a press desperately trying to make up to her for their fling with Obama.

Now factor in that Obama probably is a stronger candidate and we have a rather difficult choice for anyone right of center as to who we want to be the Democratic nominee.

Both would be disasters in every area of policy, but I think Hillary would permanently damage our Republican system of government.

18-1 on March 9, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Gee, not having internet for two weeks really throws me out of the loop. What the hell is a Moby???

Weebork on March 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Obama takes Wyoming…with only about 10,000 Demos in the state. I wonder how many Repubs voted against Herself.

Christine on March 9, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Obama wins causci because dems won’t openly admit to their racism. In a primary where they can vote in private, they vote for Hillary. That is why Hillary is insisting that the redo be done as a primary and why Obama will not win in the general. Dems are closet racists and the voting process is really hylighting this fact!

ihasurnominashun on March 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Squid Shark on March 9, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Squidzo,Dude…..

Two things:

1) I didn’t say he was a Muslim. Calm down.
2) Mohammad is the perfect profit image for Barack Hussein Obama. They both make up their personal theology as they go along, their personal theology is based on their twisted existential perspective, they both have distorted “The Book” to fit their own agenda and they both seem to feel that they have the gift of negotiating successfully with terrorists to meet their goals and join their team

I have no idea what point that is supposed to relay. Unlike Islamic lunatics, Christians do not set cars on fire, riot and kill folks every time the image of Christ is displayed in an “uncomplimentary” way. The picture displayed was in poor taste, and on the Sabbath made it even less humorous. It isn’t because it confronts me personally, but because it generally offends folks that set this day aside to worship the Triune God.

Hening on March 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM

oooops, messed up the quotes, but you get the drift.

Hening on March 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Ahhh but Christianity does not have the specific prohibition against the display of Christ’s image…

Sorry about the Muslim thing, I am getting a little tired of it so I am sensitive to it.

I still think the Jesus/Messianic image is a better comparison.

Sorry forget about the Sabbath (mine was yesterday)

Have a wonderful day.

Squid Shark on March 9, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Barack Back Mountain.

labrat on March 9, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Such a triumphant victory. The soap opera continues

LimeyGeek on March 10, 2008 at 10:12 AM

> MirCat on March 9, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Wyoming doesn’t exist? Who do you think y’all the miracle of Cheney? [And more folks that you don't even know about].

We might be small, but we’re feisty!

Cipherprime on March 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM