Video: Wafa Sultan defends Israel, goes nuclear on Islamists on Al Jazeera

posted at 10:25 am on March 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

Someone once called her “Islam’s Ann Coulter,” a description with which I disagreed but which is true enough in one respect: AJ had her on knowing damned well what she would deliver, and when she delivered they went ahead and pretended to be shocked anyway.

In the span of 12 minutes here we get the Mohammed cartoons, Israel and Palestine, political culture in the Middle East, and of course the Koran, all via that distinctive unblinking righteously accusatory flow. See if you can figure out which line, precisely, warranted that very sincere Jazeera apology. Click the image to watch.

sultan36.jpg

Comments

greatness.

trailortrash on March 6, 2008 at 10:32 AM

I tip my hat to you AP for being honest.

TheBigOldDog on March 6, 2008 at 10:36 AM

How many fatwas have been issued ordering her death? She needs to team up with Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I’m going to venture that it is the screencap above. I read the AJ apology but can’t remember now.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 6, 2008 at 10:40 AM

God bless this brave and honest woman.

Hilts on March 6, 2008 at 10:49 AM

It’s heartening to see a woman take a great argument where she’s right on every point to the backwards idiots.
The fact that they deny the murderous wrap of Islam is laughable.

Geronimo on March 6, 2008 at 10:50 AM

It’s too bad she doesn’t get an audience with Americans. AJ used her to foment hostility against the west as though ‘Islam is under attack’. The only way Islam is successful is if they feel like they are under attack (because they feel like they are justified in fighting back then).

I liken it to the South Park episode where they were teaching the kid how to hunt. They said you can only shoot things if you first say ‘Oh no, it’s coming right for us’ (they shot a bunny that way among other non-threatening things). . . it’s the same principle with Islam.

ThackerAgency on March 6, 2008 at 10:52 AM

God, I love her.

Rich on March 6, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Comparing this woman to the treatment of AHA, perhaps Ayaan’s greatest sin is complaining about Islam to the West.

Clark1 on March 6, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Wow! She is awesome! I think her life is in great jeopardy, but she is awesome!

kcd on March 6, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Wafa Sultan’s rationale is beyond comprehension by those in the Islamic community who are blinded by the beliefs of fanatical leadership that has been in place for centuries. How can you make a blind man see when he has no comprehensionm of the light? I think the camel urine would’ve been a wake up call for me.

volsense on March 6, 2008 at 10:55 AM

The muslim is an irrational creature ruled by his instincts.

Maybe he’s just a pint low on camel urine.

This woman is something else. She’s informed and focused and has a moral compass. Sadly, I have to wonder how many bodyguards she requires.

snaggletoothie on March 6, 2008 at 10:57 AM

That Islamist doesn’t even have his facts straight. He says that Bernard Lewis denied the Jewish Holocaust. From what I can find, Lewis denied that the Turks’ killing of 1.5 million Armenians constituted a genocide.

I can’t find anything saying he was “placed on trial”.

flipflop on March 6, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Wow! I thought discussing politics got heated over here. Wafa Sultan most certainly has a price on her head for having the views she has on Islam (correct views at that) but what a courageous head it is.

Yakko77 on March 6, 2008 at 11:02 AM

If there were only 100 more like her we could shorten this war by years.

Zorro on March 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Bet her security team is, uh, …busy.

Alden Pyle on March 6, 2008 at 11:07 AM

You to admit – that was one heck of a debate….

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Coulter could learn focus from Wafa.

Ms. Sultan is an argon laser.

Ann, a penlight.

profitsbeard on March 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM

There’s a parallel here.

Trying to convince an islamic radical that 7th century hate-filled religious fanaticism has no place in the 21st century is like trying to convince the Democrats that the surge is working.

Their eyes are shut, their minds are made up and they are both committed to defending an indefensible position.

The propaganda coming out of Al Jazeera is stunning. They aren’t even clever about it. They just make up one gallactically unbelievable lie after another. I was waiting for one of those two to say Americans have fangs to suck the blood out of Muslim babies.

Scary stuff.

fogw on March 6, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Four possibilities for what ticked them off (in order of appearance):

She said that they have to learn to accept criticism.
She said that Islam was not a religion but politics.
She said that they have to accept Israel.
She said that they drink camel urine as a cure-all.

God bless her indeed. And keep her safe – even if she does now live in the US, there is still lots for her to fear.

Carl in Jerusalem on March 6, 2008 at 11:15 AM

That was as much of a b-slapping you’ll ever see one woman lay on two guys. You know those two just had to be seething that this woman didn’t know her place was to be pushed around by their superior “arguments.” Priceless. I love Ms. Sultan.

Sugar Land on March 6, 2008 at 11:17 AM

That was actually a more civilized debate than most I have seen on H&C. They weren’t speaking over each other and interrupting. Allah help her, though.

pappy on March 6, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Wafa Sultan is one of my heroes. I am in awe of that woman

Keli on March 6, 2008 at 11:18 AM

ThackerAgency on March 6, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Perfect!

Connie on March 6, 2008 at 11:20 AM

flipflop on March 6, 2008 at 10:57 AM

flipflop,

He is also denying the Holocaust. Save yourself some time and don’t bother fact checking someone who is so obviously wrong about everything they are saying. I have a feeling Miss Sultan and Miss Hirsi Ali will take care of all the fact checking stuff for us.

Zetterson on March 6, 2008 at 11:20 AM

You to admit – that was one heck of a debate….

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM

That wasn’t a debate. That was an ass woopin’ She made them look completely idiotic. I think AJ had to apologize because they allowed a woman to humiliate two men in public.

TheBigOldDog on March 6, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Can HA get her on this site? Maybe a Robert Spencer interview or something?

Tremendous.

I didn’t know about all the movie theatres being burned down in the United States either!!!

asc85 on March 6, 2008 at 11:22 AM

And remember, Egypt, under US license, manufactures its own Abrams tanks, gets some of the US’ most sophisticated weapons systems and received 2 billion dollars of military aid (not loaned) annually. And that fat putz is letting us all know that the West can only be dealt with by force.

And America once thought it was trivial to sell the Avenue L’s scrap metal to Japan.

Shy Guy on March 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM

I think she in error on one point where she says the Muslim creature cannot control itself. I think it is calculated outrage, not true outrage.

Spirit of 1776 on March 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM

WOW!! She opened a can of Whoop-Ass on those guys. No doubt they are seething that she is not imprisoned in her own home, waiting for a male relative to escort her to the market.

Lunkinator on March 6, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Good Lord! The lies just roll of these guys tongue like water over the Niagara.
With leaders like that, no wonder their followers are such fanatics.
That woman was magnificent. Three cheers!

RMR on March 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I find her to be quite inspirational. When I hear her speak it makes me proud to be an American.

I also found it amazing how parralel the islamist guys views and style of argument were to my Upper East Side liberal brethren.

epluribusunum on March 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I wish there were more ppl like her who were in control of the arab muslim governments

sko17 on March 6, 2008 at 11:29 AM

What are the probabalities Wilders’ movie “Fitna” is more “offensive” than this clip?

sugiero on March 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Possible running-mate for McCain?

lodestonejames on March 6, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Big ol’ can o’ Whoop Ass!

Way to Go, Ms. Sultan…put those camel urine drinkers in their place!

Miss_Anthrope on March 6, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Spirit of 1776 on March 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I don’t agree. I think it is a form of brainwashing that starts at birth and results in a deeply insecure and twisted self-loathing filled hatred of any perceived insult.

peski on March 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM

We need more people like Ms. Sultan speaking out. The lies these men told were ludicrous – I don’t believe for a minute that POTUS gave orders to the troops deploying to the Philippines to “kill everyone over the age of 10 and convert the rest to Christianity”…but I bet a majority of the people watching AJ swallowed that nonsense hook, line and sinker.

HawaiiLwyr on March 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I wish there were more people like her in the islamic world. then maybe there would be peace

Lance Murdock on March 6, 2008 at 12:10 PM

If anything, they learned this from our own media.

Lawrence on March 6, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Spirit of 1776 on March 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Disagree. It’s a system that destroys reason, point by point. Questioning and scrutinizing are banned; your reason is suppressed, if not destroyed. What results? An utterly bestial being.

emailnuevo on March 6, 2008 at 12:28 PM

She made my day. Thanks.

tommylotto on March 6, 2008 at 12:31 PM

More of her!!!

mattyj86 on March 6, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Also, I don’t understand this obsession with Holocaust denial/doubt in the Arab world. I understand they are at odds with Israel which was where Jews returned after being massacred in Europe, but how can history be up for debate? The Holocaust was practically the most documented horrific event in history. And there were many other minorities targeted besides Jews– gypsies, homosexuals, Russian communists, etc who were murdered in large numbers. The Nazis were utterly meticulous and efficient record keepers and documented everything. These people who try to “deny” or “play down” the horror/significance of the Holocaust are seriously twisted…even someone with half a brain couldn’t be that dumb.

mattyj86 on March 6, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Thank You,That was fantastic.God bless you Mrs.Sultan.What an intelligent person you are.You make me proud to know there are courageous people like you still out there.

E.Tex on March 6, 2008 at 12:50 PM

This exchange is a must see for all Americans. The demonic lying of these men should shake us to our boots. Will it be too late for the West to wake up to these lunatics? It is political but there is an evil spiritual dimension deeply embedded. Satan wants death, children slaughtered and people mutilated. Better pray for this lady. She is targeted.

wepeople on March 6, 2008 at 12:51 PM

“Faux indignation is us” – - The Region.

Their eyes (and minds) are shut…

fogw on March 6, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Entelechy on March 6, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I’d have SF-DD guys protecting her, for a while. I wouldn’t put it past these islamofascist barbarians to attempt to murder her for speaking what the liberals call “truth to power”. Like “Wepeople” said: she’s a target. Everything she said was true, while everything her non-esteemed opposition said was a blantant, easily proven lie.

Virus-X on March 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM

kafiiri – you could take a lesson from this woman.

Kini on March 6, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Wafa Akbar!

With people like her speaking Truth to Power, we can see the line between us & them.

dmh0667 on March 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Would that our politicians had such testicular fortitude.

I love how courage has so many forms.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 6, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Darn, I didn’t know Al Olberman had TWO brothers in Al Jazeera TV.
( sadly, they’re more the norm than the olberdouche rarity)

shooter on March 6, 2008 at 1:13 PM

I love this woman.
Despite her laser beam of truth and intelligent eloquence I don’t see her getting any awards.

“Would that our politicians had such testicular fortitude.”
Indeed. To speak the truth to ignorant power is one of our only rights that are left and if our ‘elected officials can’t do it, how much longer will we be allowed to?

Christine on March 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Anyone have a clue as to how that guy has a degree, but doesn’t know history? “greatest contribution to culture and humanity”?! Who the heck does he think he’s kidding?! …..

j_ehman on March 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM

The men went absolutely ape-do-do even though they knew what she would say. I could hear Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum in the background sighing and wringing their hands. If they can’t stand the fire, stay away from the super nova.
I would love to see this woman on FNC…has she ever done any interviews covered by the MSM in this country?

Christine on March 6, 2008 at 1:39 PM

this woman is truly amazing. Long live Wafa.

aso on March 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM

All the apologists would be criticizing her for not speaking sensitively and alienating all Muslims. LOL

Ms Sultan shows the proper way to talk to a Muslim.. with the unapologetic truth.

VinceP1974 on March 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM

emailnuevo on March 6, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Is that by accident or by design? I’m suggesting it is by design.

Spirit of 1776 on March 6, 2008 at 2:32 PM

So…..

if you produced that segment, would you be a little more alert on the way home from work?

Sonosam on March 6, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I have an opinion of this religion, But because I remain here, I shall keep it to myself.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on March 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM

She was fantastic. Yes, get her on FNC, several appearances, and have her educate these numb-nuts.

cjs1943 on March 6, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Wow…..Brilliant!!!!!

wildweasel on March 6, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I have to add…..

This is someone who has real guts. This is someone who has more guts than all the gutless pukes in Hollywood put together who think they speak trueth to power becuase the criticize the president.

It was like watching a sane person argue with a neanderthal.

wildweasel on March 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Can you as a Muslim deny the massacre of the Jews of the Bani Qureyza tribe by Muhammed and his followers?

(around 10:41)

That’s got to be the one they want an apology for. Especially after she wouldn’t accept the questioning that the Holocaust was exaggerated even by 1.

God bless this woman.

danking70 on March 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I know it may be a little late but this post should be moved to the Top Picks section.

danking70 on March 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM

All I can say is…

That was AWSOME!!!!!!!

bigskinny on March 6, 2008 at 6:17 PM

It really gives you a sense of how badly the Islamists are indoctrinated to hate, doesn’t it?

It’s pretty obvious that you can’t win these fanatics over through rational discussion. They’re too far gone. You have to kill them and educate the next generation.

So let’s get on with it.

Tantor on March 6, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Was there a syllable of truth emanating from either male participant?

BL@KBIRD on March 6, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Great video,watching 2 fundamentalists get their clocks cleaned and by a woman no less was beautiful.The hate and seething these men had for her was obvious…they wouldn’t answer her questions but retort with some of the most misguided hate the west propaganda I’ve listened to.
Wafa Sultan’s courage to expose Islam as a political belief and not a religious belief should be given more air coverage than the few websites that won’t cow to the p.c. crowd.

raceroh on March 6, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Wow. The loud mouthed guy in that clip reminds me of Liberals in America.

All hollow talking points. Twisted facts. Inability to listen. Interested more in their own pontifications at the expense of facts, reason and logic.

Wafa Sultan is an amazing woman.

Montana on March 6, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Go Wafa!!

tickleddragon on March 6, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I pity the poor fool who has to look down the barell of that gun.

Tzetzes on March 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM