Hillary: You know who has a “lifetime of experience”? John McCain; Update: Hillary does it again

posted at 4:26 pm on March 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

Well, fine. But does flying jets over Vietnam and spending 20 years in the Senate really compare to picking out drapes for the White House and doing air kisses with Suha Arafat? Don’t sell yourself short, Hillary.

Oh, and thanks for yet another anti-Obama campaign commercial this fall.

Update: Did you know that she and John McCain share a lifetime of experience? No, it’s true.

Comments

Up is down, black is white… it’s a wacky world.

D2Boston on March 6, 2008 at 4:30 PM

I’m looking forward to Obama going Fourth Party if he doesn’t get the nomination…

Vizzini on March 6, 2008 at 4:30 PM

She points out McCain’s lifetime only to highlight her “35 years.”

If she’s going to ding Obama for lack of experience, shouldn’t we be able to question the depth of hers?

picking out drapes and air kisses….nice touch

***
If Hillary wins there will be an uptick in Republican suicides over the next four years. At least with Obama there will be some new fresh meat to slice and dice.

The Race Card on March 6, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Jesus wept. Don’t any of these people realize that in the age of the Internet, you can’t repeat the same exact canned line over and over and over without people noticing?

I mean, God bless her for endlessly repeating great McCain campaign commercials … but c’mon. Can’t any of these people just speak like human beings once in a while.

After years of hearing the “Bush is ineloquent” meme … I’m starting to wonder how true is.

Maybe Bush is just one of the rare politicians who tends to just plain talk. It isn’t very hard to be eloquent when you memorize the same 30 second speech and repeat it endlessly.

I’d pay good money to see both of these idiots forced to answer questions – with no canned answers permitted.

Professor Blather on March 6, 2008 at 4:35 PM

You’d think the Obamaniacs would have created an Obama party by now. If they haven’t, tell them to spread the word – forget the Democrats, they’re not for ‘change’; Obama will run on the Obama platform, in the Obama party, representing all five wings (O-b-a-m-a)!

emailnuevo on March 6, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Wonder what Howard Dean has to say about that?

ctmom on March 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM

You know. Maverick’s got to be living right these days. He doesn’t need campaign funds when the Dems are going to do his work for him. Soooo, does Hillary think that her “lifetime of experiences” are in the ballpark with Mav’s. Good grief.

Sugar Land on March 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Cold.

Kralizec on March 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM

P.S. I didn’t get it before, because I was afraid to hit play, but I have to admit, the first time, that line was pretty funny.

The third time, funny for the wrong reasons.

emailnuevo on March 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM

It appears as though Hillary Clinton would be okay with a John McCain Presidency.

SoulGlo on March 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM

LMAO!

Hillary how dare you take on the messiah, and blasphemer the 2002 speech!

Chakra Hammer on March 6, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Wow, she must hate Obama’s guts.

Enrique on March 6, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Karl, you magnificent bastard.

I don’t know how we possibly could have ended up here, but I’m enjoying it.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on March 6, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Dude…

7+ more weeks of this.

That’s all I’m sayin’.

amerpundit on March 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM

McCain can claim over 50 years of experience. >:}

Chakra Hammer on March 6, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Considering that aside from that one speech Hillary gave in China, Chelsea as the same foreign experience that Hillary does, Hillary shouldn’t be crowing about one hit wonders.

pedestrian on March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Now someone tell me she’s going to be all gung ho, abandon her bid, and settle for VP under Obama.

amerpundit on March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Wonder what Howard Dean has to say about that?

ctmom on March 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Yeehaw!

52Ranger on March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Don’t forget her packing experience when she left the White House with gifts given to the people of the USA. She can get a whole room of nicknacks in one big crate in no time

She looks like she’s been packing away lots of snacks too..

Hening on March 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Anyone think the Republicans will actually run this (and any future gold the Dem primary puts out in its last bloody 7 weeks) against Obama?

Not me.

Plus, McCain’s main man is going to resign, isn’t he?

NeoconNews.com on March 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM

OK, Show of Hands:

Who doesn’t have a lifetime of experience?

Mig on March 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Dude…

7+ more weeks of this.

That’s all I’m sayin’.

amerpundit on March 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM

At this rate, I’m going to have to order the popcorn in 25 pound bags!

TheBigOldDog on March 6, 2008 at 4:59 PM

OK, Show of Hands:

Who doesn’t have a lifetime of experience?

Mig on March 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Some people’s experiences are more experienced than other people’s experiences, at least that’s what I’ve seen in my lifetime of experience . . .

The Hillary Experience…Coming to Six Flags Great Adventure this June, next to Democrat! The Ride and The Mind-Bender…

52Ranger on March 6, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Is Hillary aiming to be McCain’s running mate?

Free Constitution on March 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM

There is a lot of talk about how these charges of no experience are affecting average voters. I really don’t think average voters are concerned with experience. I think the message Hill is putting out is aimed at the super-delegates. She is trying to scare them into believing that Obama is going to get trounced in the general, therefore they should line up behind her. Same with the 3am ad it wasn’t necessarily aimed at the voters but at the supers.

knat on March 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM

SoulGlo on March 6, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Now that is scary!

kcd on March 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM

amerpundit on March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I’ll tell you that if you will tell me I am going to win the lottery this week : )

kcd on March 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Now that is scary!

kcd on March 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Not if you know which side your bread is buttered

Kini on March 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Obama has major problems on his hands. He may win the delegate count in the end but with no momentum. It’s like leading the Championship game by thirty points with three minutes to go. Then after multiple turnovers and blunders you win by a single point. Yeaaaaaaa. Not really.

THE CHOSEN ONE on March 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM

I really don’t think average voters are concerned with experience

They’re concerned with their stupid iphones and y’know, whatever.

LimeyGeek on March 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM

and there is the experience we know we have experienced, the experience we know we haven’t experienced and the experience we don’t now we haven’t experienced..

Ann on March 6, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I really don’t think average voters are concerned with experience

They’re concerned with their stupid iphones and y’know, whatever.

LimeyGeek on March 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Funny. Except…that’s why we’re in this position now.

Liberty is dead. All hail Marx.

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Funny. Except…that’s why we’re in this position now

All too true, sadly.

PS. I didn’t mean to trash iphones per se, but rather the vacant iculture that surrounds them. Personally, I could make good use of one of those itouch thingies.

LimeyGeek on March 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Something about this post made the words “McCain/Clinton” pop into my brain.

Jens on March 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

OK, Show of Hands:

Who doesn’t have a lifetime of experience?

Mig on March 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM

52Ranger on March 6, 2008 at 4:59 PM

LOL. Didn’t think anyone would be able to top Mig’s quick wit on this thread but 52Ranger did. Kudos to both of you.

inviolet on March 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

A lifetime of experience being an adulter: When you sleep with an adulterer, you become one yourself.

A lifetime of experience attacking people, seeking advantage over them to enforce your own Marxist views.

A lifetime of experience being a politician, which is another word for liar.

A lifetime of experience involved in toppling America, the home of the great Liberty Experience.

A lifetime of experience believing you are the reincarnation of the man people call Jesus.

A lifetime experience of making people gack.

Liberty is dead. All hail Hilary.

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:21 PM

My apologies to

Free Constitution on March 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM

I missed that as I skimmed the comments to the bottom of the page.

Jens on March 6, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Ann on March 6, 2008 at 5:11 PM

What – is this a LOST episode?

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:22 PM

OK, Show of Hands:

Who doesn’t have a lifetime of experience?

Mig on March 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Nice.

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Any video makers out there? Here’s an idea to lampoon Hilary’s 3 am phone ad.

Phone rings – Hilary answers – “Madame President? This is Sgt. Washington with DC Metro? We picked up your husband at an orgy we raided. Would you like to com pick him up please?

Phone rings – a slim, feminine woman’s hand picks up the phone, answers, then says, “Hilary, it’s for you.”

So easy.

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Clinton/McCain ’08!

Let’s go ahead and consumate this marriage.

Valiant on March 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM

LimeyGeek on March 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Pretty clear that’s why you meant – or at least how I took it.

And yeah, I have one them thingys. Kewl. But the smart ones will wait for the 3G model this June/July.

Liberty is dead. Where’s my ride?

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Obama does not have a lifetime of experience? Doesn’t EVERYBODY have a lifetime of experience?

EJDolbow on March 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Clinton/McCain ‘08!

Let’s go ahead and consumate this marriage.

Valiant on March 6, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Gack! Gaaaack! Pa-tooie!

mksmithwriter on March 6, 2008 at 5:29 PM

There is no way Clinton and Obama share a ticket! (let alone any bodily fluids)

evenkeel on March 6, 2008 at 5:37 PM

McCain/Clinton 08 LOL

lorien1973 on March 6, 2008 at 5:39 PM

“Well you know, I say I have a lifetime of experience, and Senator McCain says he has a lifetime of experience and Barack Obama says Massatoosetts.”

fogw on March 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM

fogw on March 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Me likey.

mikeyboss on March 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Vizzini on March 6, 2008 at 4:30 PM

I was telling a co-worker the exact same thing today! If she’s selected he’ll run as a 3rd party candidate.

SouthernGent on March 6, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Obviously, neither one can compare their experience to John McCain.
Barry’s campaign may be on a self-inflicted death spiral. I’m sorry if this has already been posted, but someone on his staff really stepped in according to this link.

evenkeel on March 6, 2008 at 7:07 PM

FREUDIAN SLIP ALERT!

Hillary didn’t say Senator McCain “would” bring a lifetime of experience to the White House

She said “I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience that he WILL bring to the White House”

This is an election in which the words “can” and “will” have come up more than once before (i.e., the contrast between “yes we can” and “yes she will”).

daryl_herbert on March 6, 2008 at 7:46 PM

She is prepping for 2012.
- McCain is expected to only do one term due to age.
- Obama, if he got the job would either self-destruct the Dem position or be unassailable for a re-election. (prob the former).

She wants to get the job and the only way she has a shot if she does not get the nom this year, is if McCain wins…

DJ Elliott on March 6, 2008 at 8:11 PM

I was really hoping Hillary would pull off wins in Texas and Ohio so we’d see more of this gutter sniping. But now, I just wish she was gone. I just cannot stand hearing her voice anymore.
Lesson: When you have a chance to put a stake through the heart of a vampire, do it. Letting it stay alive just so it can lock horns with the werewolf, bad things can happen.

Over30 on March 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Here is a snippet of Her lifetime experience that may yet come in very handy:
A dark and stormy night….3am….the White house phone is ringing…..
Hellooo, it’s 3 in the morning here. Who is this…..Monica? Monica who? What??? Whady’ya mean come get my husband…..where is he…..where are you….What???? that @#$%#….not again…..#$%^@…….dial tone….

Now that’s experience, surely you can’t argue with that!!
Don’t call me Surely

b4lucy on March 6, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Oh, and thanks for yet another anti-Obama campaign commercial this fall.

This is just getting started. We are in the process of watching the mighty fall. . . and it’s going to be ugly. Well, ugly in some sense and beautiful in another.

The media couldn’t have asked for a better circus. NC might even get some media money from the candidates.

ThackerAgency on March 6, 2008 at 11:18 PM