Video: Time for some more musical Obama hagiography from will.i.am

posted at 12:37 pm on February 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

An evolution in the Messiah’s cult of personality: Where before the apostles sang the words of the master in ecstatic praise, now they’re content to chant his holy name and gaze adoringly at giant posters of him. I like the fact that they start off talking about policy and then just sort of give up as the chanting takes hold and the platitudes issueth forth. And to think, Hillary calls him a blank slate onto which people can project whatever they want. Takeaway line: “I would like to see us in a world without fear.”

Exit question experiment: Try chanting along with them. See if it makes you want to give up on Iraq.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He is Nicholas Carpathia from Left Behind. Anybody know if he has ever had a fatal head wound?

ctmom on February 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM

He is most famous for the hit song “My Humps”, in which he eloquently describes the female form. He has also produced “Don’t Phunk (and, yes, the “f” is replaced with “ph” for the radio) With My Heart”, “I Got It From My Momma” (referring, once again, to the female form), “I Love My Bitch”, and “P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)”. Sounds like the kind of guy I want to influence the vote.

malan89 on February 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Is that that stupid song Fergie sang? And I’m supposed to care what this tard thinks? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tickleddragon on February 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM

A demonstration of the talentless and brainless “actors” voting for emptiness and unpreparedness.

jencab on February 29, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Joseph Goebbels would be proud of that propaganda..

———————————–
14. Propaganda must label events and people with distinctive phrases or slogans.

a. They must evoke desired responses which the audience previously possesses(Obama, Yes We Can, Hope)

b. They must be capable of being easily learned(Obama, Yes We Can, Hope)

c. They must be utilized again and again, but only in appropriate situations(Obama, Yes We Can, Hope)

Chakra Hammer on February 29, 2008 at 5:31 PM

GOEBBELS’ PRINCIPLES OF PROPAGANDA

Chakra Hammer on February 29, 2008 at 5:32 PM

If you’re trying to win over America with John “Luigi Mario” Leguizamo and Macy “one-hit wonder no one treats like a one-hit wonder” Gray…then you have problems.

Good thing they got George “my show was never funny and no one watched, but it took years to cancel it anyway” Lopez to ad some intellectual heft to the equation.

watchmen on February 29, 2008 at 5:58 PM

This is annoying demagoguery of a scale not seen in this nation possibly ever.
I will oppose him simply because he attracts so many sheep.
I will oppose him simply because he has actually promised nothing except to take away freedom from people he does not approve of.
I will oppose him because he has the political maturity of an Ivy League freshman.

hunter on February 29, 2008 at 6:19 PM

It just struck me:
These are the type of chants you use with young kids when you are potty training them.
“we can do it”
“yes we can”
And eventually you do do it
And eventually you really can

hunter on February 29, 2008 at 6:26 PM

This reminds me of those innane “divided we fail” commercials. Yes, lets all get together, agree, move forward, and implement liberal agendas. Except they’re not liberal because all right thinking people agree with them. Hmm… sounds like a “Third Way” solution. You know, I wish someone would write a book about the tendency of the Left to project themselves as beyond politics…. Oh yeah. Liberal Fascism. Buy it. Read it. Love it.

VolMagic on February 29, 2008 at 6:37 PM

O.M.G.

emmaline1138 on February 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM

It’s gets even creepier.

Obama spelt backwards is….

The inverse of the Latin phrase “I will love you.”

Maybe what we need here is the services of an exorcist.

My collie says:

CC, you haven’t had this much fun since the Beatles’ White album.

CyberCipher on February 29, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Well, if he doesn’t win the presidency, maybe he can start a cult. haha

And we thought Ron Paul’s supporters were off the wall!?! These folks are turning Obama into an idol!

p40tiger on February 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Wow, that video is a powerful. Now I see what Obama plans to do about stabilizing the dollar. And not to mention reducing the deficit and saving social security. If you guys don’t see that after watching this video, you’re all just a bunch of neocon chickenhawks and such.

Let’s wipe the slate clean, so we can have a blank slate for President.

NorthernCross on March 1, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Seems like a wonderful appeal to children wearing adult bodies. You can achieve a world without fear, simply refuse to face it. Then you have no fear. You’re simply refusing to face your adult responsibility to confront reality head on.

herself on March 1, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Just a little bit of friendly advise for those
O B A M A followers… If he looses, don’t drink the “Kool-Aid”!!

gboy63 on March 1, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Good Lord that is creepy.
That reminds me of the part in the Mummy movie where all the mummy’s zombies were wandering around chanting “EE-MO-TEP, EE-MO-TEP, EE-MO-TEP”.

CAD Daddy on March 3, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Nope . . .Just makes my want to throw up.

Texyank on April 7, 2008 at 9:22 PM