We can’t abandon Iraq now, says … Angelina Jolie?

posted at 5:10 pm on February 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

Something for everyone here. The right gets a high-profile piece of anecdotal evidence about progress in Iraq to compensate for the media’s polite neglect and the left gets to sneer about wingnuts looking to glamorpuss actresses for good news on the war even as they themselves ignore qualified opinion. It’s the same fissure you saw the other day with McCain vs. Obama: “What do we do now?” versus “Bush created this mess!”, the latter casting an abandonment strategy as some sort of serves-you-right punishment. Jolie, to her credit, isn’t going for it:

My visit left me even more deeply convinced that we not only have a moral obligation to help displaced Iraqi families, but also a serious, long-term, national security interest in ending this crisis.

Today’s humanitarian crisis in Iraq — and the potential consequences for our national security — are great. Can the United States afford to gamble that 4 million or more poor and displaced people, in the heart of Middle East, won’t explode in violent desperation, sending the whole region into further disorder?

What we cannot afford, in my view, is to squander the progress that has been made. In fact, we should step up our financial and material assistance…

As for the question of whether the surge is working, I can only state what I witnessed: U.N. staff and those of non-governmental organizations seem to feel they have the right set of circumstances to attempt to scale up their programs. And when I asked the troops if they wanted to go home as soon as possible, they said that they miss home but feel invested in Iraq. They have lost many friends and want to be a part of the humanitarian progress they now feel is possible.

She’s on the same wavelength here as Pam Hess was. Watch that clip if you missed it last year.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hot, a humanitarian, and smart enough to read the writing on the wall. Might be a leap, but I’m thinking that rooting out terrorists might be good for all those beleaguered families in Iraq. That’s just me.

Spc Steve on February 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Good for her. I watched her has Grendel’s mom last night. That flick sucked. Girl got some lips though…

robblefarian on February 28, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Wow.

StephC on February 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Wow. Maybe I need to revise my assessment of her. The question now is: will she ever work in Hollywood again?

TX Mom on February 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Holy crap! Am I reading The Onion, or Scrappleface?

It’s official.. The world has turned upside down…

darkpixel on February 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Her dad must have gotten to her.

RobCon on February 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Gotta give credit when credit is due. Good on her.

GT on February 28, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Of course now its a good war because its for Humanitarian reasons.

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Not surprising, her father is John Voit, one of the few sane actors in Hollywood.

Ka-Bar03 on February 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Out of the mouths of, er, babes.

That’s “from the lips” AP. Jolie is famous for her lips.

My collie says:

Lips and other things that shall remain unnamed here.

CyberCipher on February 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Still betting she would never vote Republican in her life. Oh well.

terryannonline on February 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Well,she’s got, what.a dozen kids now, maybe that there helped her see the correct side on things.

bbz123 on February 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM

I AGREE COMPLETELY, SORT OF: I’m getting so sick of these pull our while were winning types. Celebrities, Democrats, PaulNuts. I wish we had a time machine. We could go forward, see the chaos that would ensue and a Democrat would never be allowed anywhere near the White House again.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Angelina who?

TOPV on February 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM

You know, I might have to change my mind about Jolie…

jimbo2008 on February 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Jolie is probably at heart a lib, but this is heartening.

A closet Objectivist? Perhaps she has those leanings.

Maybe she keeps her thoughts close to the vest since she is a hollywood type.

Perhaps this is an opening into why she is headlining the Atlas Shrugged movie?

Just a thought…

catmman on February 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Oy gevalt…a pig just flew past my window.

The Womb Raider sounds more informed and reasonable than 99% of Demo Congresscritters. How soon before she gets nailed by her hollywood chums and walks back what she says here, and while at it, includes a nice helping of “Bushitler is a war criminal?”

I am setting the over/under at 5 days, and I am taking the Under.

Mike D. on February 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM

BTW… if we were WINNING… they would be DEAD. I guess this sort of WINNING is the same as the new definition of “Experience”.

TOPV on February 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Angelina who?

TOPV on February 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Oof! I’d hate to be her right now, TOPV!

Chuck Schick on February 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM

My bad, I saw her picture and the words Abandon and Iraq and jumped to conclusions. I’d be upset if it werent’, Angelina Jolie.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Out of the mouths of, er, babes boney, oversexed Hollywood liberals

Better.

fourstringfuror on February 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM

It’s nice to see the left can learn. It’s especially nice to see it happen with such a sexy package. Maybe the lights are on afterall. Ok, she gets a second look.

Brass Pair on February 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Somebody in Hollywood gets it right. Oops, Angelina and hubby Brad are not in Hollywood. They’re in New Orleans.

Also, if memory serves, Jolie does not make political comments. She seems quite genuine in caring for people as evidenced by her charitable work for the UN and confirmed by her comments posted here.

Wildcatter1980 on February 28, 2008 at 5:27 PM

She’s also apparently an Ayn Rand fan… doing Atlas Shrugged, the movie.

Glenn Beck was talking about it yesterday I think.

MT on February 28, 2008 at 5:27 PM

You gotta hand it to her and Brad. They walk the walk when it comes to helping the needy. With the kids they adopted and money they’ve given to good causes, I don’t care if their lefties or not. They both have my respect. Did I mention how HOT she is?

orlandocajun on February 28, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Ka-Bar03 on February 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Last I heard, they weren’t on good terms.

I’m as shocked as any of you, but I’m having a difficult time figuring out why I’m shocked aside from the fact that she’s an actress. She’s interested in humanitarian work, and apparently she’s not an idiot about it. No matter the reason we went into Iraq, to leave it now would create a humanitarian crisis.

I don’t like it overall when celebrities insert themselves into politics and expect to be taken seriously because of their fame, but I’d rather have one as an ally than an enemy.

This is good news. She will be harder for the left to demonize.

Esthier on February 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Yeah, and? What’s wrong with that?
Jeez, some of you are terribly cynical.

SouthernDem on February 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

I think some of the libs have decided they like the idea of the US building up all the nations on earth the way we are doing it in Iraq and some feel that pushing to abandon the prototype will undercut their plans to have this sort of thing done everywhere.

Buddahpundit on February 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Yeah, and? What’s wrong with that?
Jeez, some of you are terribly cynical.

SouthernDem on February 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Its hollywood where reality and fantasy get confused alot.

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Angelina is different. I have never disliked her but I can’t say she is my absolute favorite actress.

I think it is the fact she is getting older and maturing as well as being a Mommy now, that she may have realized her “Dad” wasn’t so wrong after all. Admit it, all of us have done something like that at one time or another.

Other then that… I still call her “Hot Lips” because it makes my guys friends turn a shade of pink and giggle like a school girl. HEHE

upinak on February 28, 2008 at 5:37 PM

everybody grows up but not everyone gets smarter

rico101 on February 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM

I have to admit, she just regained my long-lost respect.

I used to LOVE her – and her quirky, gothish ways – and then that marriage-ruining relationship with Brad happened. She lost me.

She may just make it back onto my list.

Good on ya, Girl.

tickleddragon on February 28, 2008 at 5:39 PM

W00T ! Seems Adam is signing with the fat virgins right now !

American Traitor Adam Gadahn is Dead Update

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Surprising, that`s all I can say.

ThePrez on February 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:39 PM

WOOOOOT!

upinak on February 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM

American Traitor Adam Gadahn is Dead Update

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Sweet

conservnut on February 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM

my guys friends turn a shade of pink and giggle like a school girl. HEHE

upinak on February 28, 2008 at 5:37 PM

those aren’t men, just so you know.

TexasDan on February 28, 2008 at 5:42 PM

How is Obama going to adress this issue?

knat on February 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM

TexasDan on February 28, 2008 at 5:42 PM

TexasDan.. yeah they are and it gets better when I and their wives start teasing them. You either get mad or giggle and turn red. :)

upinak on February 28, 2008 at 5:44 PM

I suspect her dad is prouder of her today than he has been in years. A little of his common sense appears to have rubbed off.

Longhorn Six on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

HUH???!!! Allah, did you read the same article I did? She’s doesn’t care a bit about American interests in defeating Al-Qaeda and terrorism. It’s all about the Iraqi refugees and praising Syria and Jordan. That’s the only reason she wants our troops there. And she’s saying we have to give Iraqi refugees–and Syria and Jordan–more money. Do you really agree with this crap?:

Syria and Jordan are carrying an unsustainable burden. They have been excellent hosts, but we can’t expect them to care for millions of poor Iraqis indefinitely and without assistance from the U.S. or others.

WHAT?! Syria and Jordan have treated these refugees like crap. They won’t let them work and they won’t give them any aid. Her claim about them is complete bull, but no surprise since she often visits Syria and Jordan and praises them, while blaming Israel for their “Palestinian” refugees.

Big deal. So she thinks we have to pour more money than we already have into Iraqis’ “welfare”–and many of the Iraqi refugees in Jordan and Syria are Ba’athists and Palestinians who were protected by Saddam. Saying the U.S. has a national security interest in “ending this crisis” doesn’t mean she wants our soldiers to stay there for reasons of terrorism and national security (she never even mentions Al-Qaeda or the Mahdi Army). It actually sounds more like–”we should fund and watch over this refugee problem we caused.” This is standard Marla Ruzicka stuff. In the past, she has a record of blaming America and Israel for the world’s refugee problems. I don’t see her exiting that position here.

And the reason she didn’t mention a thing about Al-Qaeda and Islamists, is because she’s a pan-Islamist. How do I know she likes them? I’ve followed Ms. Not-so-Jolie for several years, and she hates Israel, appeared at an international anti-Israel/anti-American hate-fest for Arab and Muslim kiddies, and sang along with Palestinian refugees on taking their revenge against Israel. She has never visited Israel and has explicitly blamed it for refugee problems in Arab countries, including for Iraqi Palestinian refugees living in camps in Israel (who fled after Saddam–their guardian–was deposed, NOT anything to do with Israel).

Really, Allah, I like you a lot. But I expected better from you on something like this, than your selective presentation of her comments, minus the BS about Syria and Jordan.

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

TOPV on February 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM

What, all of them?

Looks like you have WINNING confused with WON. Winning is a process. If they were all dead, we wouldn’t be WINNING, we would have finished WINNING and already be WON.

Which is all so bleeding obvious that I have to wonder why it’s so important to you to say we’re not winning.

theregoestheneighborhood on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Angelina Jolie has been an independent “thinker” (as far as that word applies to Hollywood elites) for a long time. Give credit where credit is due.

On the one hand, she was perfectly happy to pose for UN-sponsored kissy-face pictures with Jordan’s Queen Noor to publicize the plight of Palestinian refugees. Score one for the left.

On the other hand, she met with the Bush administration several years ago (as a UN humanitarian ambassador) to discuss the plight of refugee children. When the lib media made a fuss over it, she replied sarcastically, “What, just because a person is Republican you assume they don’t want to help kids?” Score one for the right.

She has also voluntarily gone to third-world disaster areas where most people would not set foot unless ordered to do so. UN agency interviews have confirmed that she travels under the same circumstances as other aid workers — lightly and with minimal security. That makes her physically brave in pursuit of her pet cause. Foolish, but brave.

I’m glad to see her giving the Iraq effort it’s proper credit.

Anton on February 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I don’t recall any lefty whacko diatribe coming from Anjolina. She has always seemed to be in the news with kinda good things she has done for the less fortunate. Maybe some are linking her with other Hollywood prattlers just because she is of their profession. Not guilty by association…

b4lucy on February 28, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

It looks like you posted while I was composing my post. You make some very good points. In fact, I think I first saw Jolie’s pictures with Queen Noor on your website.

My point is that she isn’t a typical limousine liberal. And she has shown signs of resisting Hollywood group-think in some of her comments. But you’re right over-all about her buying into the UN anti-Israel agenda.

Anton on February 28, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Good for you Angelina for speaking out, not afraid of the big bad self centered lefties. I have always admired Angelina Jolie for her humanitarian efforts. She is nothing like the hollywood lefties and that is what makes her an extra special person. She is truly fighting for the little people. That is why she carries an honorable title of Ambassador. I do not see any other hollywood types that can come close to what she has donated to society. Angelina has it all – beauty, brains, selflessness, and loves children, but best of all – Brad Pitt! Lucky girl!

txstar on February 28, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Motherhood brings out the best in the finest women.

Evidently, Angelina Jolie is past rebellious youth syndrome.

Her dad has class.

Saw his recent release September Dawn. His promo before its release was stayed, no bigotry.

maverick muse on February 28, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Sorry. No can do. You don’t get a pass when you sympathize with the “plight” of the Jordyptians, yet ignore the true suffering of the children of Israel. The little boys and girls that have rat poison-dipped nails and ball bearings stuck in their brains from a muslim homicide bomber. Or the girl who lost her daddy yesterday in Sderot. Jolie’s moral compass is whack. When she has the courage to show up at Hadassah Hospital or Beersheba Hospital to publicize the plight of Israeli children, I’ll believe her humanitarian bullsh!t. Soooo, f–k this Jihad-lovin’, Israel-hating c–t.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Excellent news.

Now I can fantasize again without the guilt.

The Ugly American on February 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Reality is a wonderful drug. Thanks for looking, evaluating, and speaking out. Something we all could learn a lesson from.

Limerick on February 28, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Wow Debbie – you seriously have a chip on your shoulder re Ms. Jolie. Presumably you have spoken to her personally for a true understanding of what she “meant”? Maybe you’re a mind reader.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

It does not surprise me as much since (I could be wrong) her father, John Voight is at least somewhat conservative. I’m sure he would have had some influence on the way she thinks.
Anyway it goes, at least she practices what she preaches and spends her own money on trying to help people in need instead of just tying herself to a tree and not spending a dime like Daryl Hannah and the squatting illegals in California.

Bladerunner1701 on February 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Shocked, awed and impressed.

Buttercup on February 28, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

OK, that was a short stay in my fantasy babe portfolio (Ms. Jolie that is.

easy on February 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM

I have my differences with DS, but I agree with that paragraph.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Not all liberals are military hating flaming moonbats. Most of them are, but not all of them.

funky chicken on February 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Right on. You get it!

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 6:09 PM

And what if she does go to Israel? Then you a–holes will crap on her for something else.

Simple – She is trying to make the world a better place for children, and she acts on it.

I’d say she’s a damn sight better than the likes of those that hate everyone who don’t worship Israel.

It’s possible to not hate Jews and not have to prove it.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM

That baby inside must be messing with her mind…in a good way, of course.

SouthernGent on February 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I have my differences with DS, but I agree with that paragraph.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Just that one? How magnanimous of you. DS is right about the WHOLE article. AP, sadly, fails reading comprehension. Again.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

“You Get it” Calling someone a C–t? Gets it? Your disgusting.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

The success in Iraq must be awfully obvious when even dopey Hollywood actresses get it. I imagine this will be terrible news at studio cocktail parties this spring.

Now where is our 21st century John Wayne to remake “The Green Berets” for Iraq?

Tantor on February 28, 2008 at 6:12 PM

It’s possible to not hate Jews and not have to prove it.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Your moniker belies your intellect. If fact, I’d say you have an obsession about Jews. And not a good one. I would be the first to congratulate AJ if she did visit. But alas, she’s an ignorant hypocrite. Just like you.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM

You Get it” Calling someone a C–t? Gets it? Your disgusting.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Oh I see. And a–holes is not disgusting. Tsk, tsk. Crawl back into your hole.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:15 PM

She actually met with General Petraeus!! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that meeting.

While I reserve judgment that she is just another liberal wacko, her comments seem well considered.

I think the number of refugees is probably exaggerated. Jordan and Syria have had “Iraqi refugees” since before the invasion – that is Desert Storm!

It also begs the question that if 2+ million could leave, how many bad guys got in. If HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of jihadis got into Iraq, the situation would be much much worse.

I object to image of refugees within Iraq because “their houses had been bombed”. The insinuation is that the US bombed random civilian houses. It is more likely they were victims of jihadi violence.

I also object to the “lack” of good news in the story. Where are the interviews of positive Iraqi’s, helped by current efforts?

Agrippa2k on February 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Andy – You have no intellect which is evident in your choice of epithets in lieu of facts.

When or if you and Ms. Schlussel can interview Ms. Jolie and find out where she stands based on her word and not your interpetations of it, might elevate you above the cesspool you currently reside in, but I doubt it.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM

She cheered Palestinian kids in refugee camps as they sang, We will get our revenge, we will get Jerusalem and Palestine back.

You’re right. I’m disgusting for thinking that’s objectionable. I never want her in Israel–where she will hang with anti-Israel activists. I want her to shut up and act (which she can’t).

Debbie Schlussel on February 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Here’s an epithet that I’ll gladly throw in your direction: F–k off you Jew-hating b@stard. And that’s direct from my cesspool to yours.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I (and I would think most other clear thinking Americans) rejected what she said before and reject her change of heart. Like all other actors and actresses she has no special insight into geopolitics. She is famous not because of her intellect or for her grasp of foreign affairs and hence, is no more qualified to make pronouncements on this subject than my twelve year old son is.

The fact that she and many other celebrities are given a platform is silly IMHO. If she is talking about acting or getting publicity for movies or adopting 3rd world children then she probably has some special insight. However, paying attention to what she (or any other actor/actress) says about these types of issues is foolish even if it supports the correct facts.

The performers like Jolie tend to be disconnected and/or insulated from reality because they have lives that are so different than common Americans. This means that they live in a world that is far removed from the effects of issues about which they pontificate. The tend to have low levels of education and/or have educations that do lend themselves to performing rather than studying political science, history, law or other subjects that prepare people for critical thinking.

I mention these things because I would think that at least we could set the example and ignore these people. I don’t fault HA for posting this but I respectfully disagree with the post. I think it adds legitimacy to someone who has not earned it.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM

No actually I won’t crawl back anywhere since you are blindingly incorrect in your assumptions. I’ll stay and watch you continue to devolve into utter insignificance.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Jeez, some of you are terribly cynical.

SouthernDem on February 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM

No sh*t.

At lease Ms. Jolie is trying to understand intricacy of the situation..unlike most of her peers.

I for one, applaud her efforts.

The Ugly American on February 28, 2008 at 6:24 PM

She still looks like a grouper.

LtE126 on February 28, 2008 at 6:26 PM

I for one, applaud her efforts.

The Ugly American on February 28, 2008 at 6:24 PM

I bet you still won’t get a date with her though.

But, good for her for calling it like she sees it.

NTWR on February 28, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, Dude. You are one angry young (?) man though.

DS has a tendency to launch into tabloid attacks and innuendo, such as when she posts the picture of Queen Noor and Jolie. This is one of the places where I part company with her.

When she says, “Right on” to this comment: Soooo, f–k this Jihad-lovin’, Israel-hating c–t, I instinctively recoil.

Jolie misunderstands who is historically at fault here, but she is not evil.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Jolie misunderstands who is historically at fault here, but she is not evil.

Buy Danish on February 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Debbie, on the other hand, is batshit insane.

SnarkVader on February 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM

I wonder if her adopted children gave her the insight as to how the Iraqis live. She has one from Cambodia and another from Ethiopia, common factor is children of war.

Kini on February 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Debbie – You never want her in Israel, yet you berate her for not going? Who’s the hypocrite? You feel comfortable just trashing her based on her career, or what you read on gossip sites? How do you know she would not be receptive to speaking to you if you tried to contact her and find out where she truly stands – not just where you prefer her on your list of anti-Jews?

Aside from that, I think it is disgusting that you as a woman think it is ok for knuckle-dragging idiots to call other women c–ts. I think that is shameful. You don’t have to agree with me, I’m just saying I think it portrays you in a very bad light by agreeing to something so hateful. I seriously doubt that Ms. Jolie would ever call you that in print.

I’m not going to respond to the creep that is spewing such hatred here – but for your information I am not anti-Jew in any way, shape or form. Not even close.

I am against the current dialog on both sides of the coin that it is impossibloe for someone to change their mind about what they have thought previously. You don’t have to give her the benefit of the doubt, but you lose a lot of credibility by spewing utter hatred towards her, and agreeing with others vile comments – because you disagree with her.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:34 PM

William Amos

I don’t like to revel in the deaths of the enemy but this guy had it coming.

My favorite line from the post:

Then why hasn’t the U.S. confirmed Gadahn’s demise? Too many body parts, he said.

There is something satisfying about the thought of having to scrape this traitor out of the tracks of my boondockers.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 6:37 PM

I like Angelina Jolie. She’s wrong about a lot, but I think she can act, and she’s finally (apparently depending on the ‘interpretation’) said something sorta-good. Not exactly fantastic, but still.

Nonetheless, I love how everyone’s frothing at the mouth over this. Knock off the vulgarity, though, it’s unnecessary.

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 6:42 PM

I just feel the love here from SnarkVader, Buy Danish and Enlightened. All three of you are ignorant of the facts. Because AJ says something you want to hear, all of a sudden she’s real smart. Wrong. She’s very ignorant, and so are all three of you. Yet you live in some fantasy world where established facts really don’t mean anything. Like I said, AJ moral compass is whack, so are yours. Its easy for me to see hypocrisy, but like typical liberals you can’t think outside the box that AP has provided. Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinions, but certainly not to your own facts. AJ has no credibility as a humanitarian. If you think she does, prove it.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:34 PM

It goes against Hollywood liberalism to stand up for Israel, so I can understand the furor over her refusal to stand up for the plight of the Israeli people. No one (I don’t think) has called Angelina Jolie the new Clare Boothe Luce for her support of intervention in Iraq. I think expecting Angelina Jolie to have this brilliant foreign-policy plan, in which she understands all of the world’s conflicts, is expecting a lot of the poor gal.

She’s an actress, not an expert. She wants to help the poor. Let her help the poor. Take up the fight against jihadism for yourself.

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Remind me again…when was I talking to you?

I think Debbie is a batshit crazy raving loon and believe me, it’s not only about this. The list is long. Don’t like it? Scroll on by.

SnarkVader on February 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Yes, bow down, you immoral heathens, to the sainted King Slander! Pay attention to the moral compass of the guy who lobs the c-word at a woman he disagrees with! Please don’t imply that you stand for conservatism, which is a gentleman’s sport.

Come on. Jolie’s got a lot of issues, and she’s ignorant of a bunch, sure, but I think her (misguided) heart’s in the right place, and I pray she sees the light.

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Yes, can’t we all just get along? Let’s all sing Kumbaya and the world will live in peace. LOL!

You’re naive. Also, don’t put words in my mouth.

I don’t hate AJ, that’s too strong a word. The word I’d use is disgusted. Yes, she disgusts me. And I’ve said why several times. In fact, you disgust me too because of your blind defense of her. Just pathetic.

Yeah, I’m a knuckle-dragger because I’m disgusted by an ignorant woman. Out of curiosity, would I be a knuckle-dragger if I called a man a pr!ck for saying the samething???

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Angelina Jolie puts her money where her mouth is, and she also walks the walk by actually going to areas of the world where children are in dire need. Which makes her very credible as a humanitarian.

Liek I said – if she does go to Israel, she will be spat upon anyway because she didn’t go there first.

She is trying to make the world a better place and she is doing it by actions, not sitting behind a computer spewing filth. I hope she keeps up the good work. It took her a long time to get to this place in her life, she very bluntly admits she has not followed conventional paths in her life. She is not obligated to follow anyone’s pre-conceived notion of what is “the right way”. She hasn’t it done it the way I would have, or maybe any of you would have. That just makes her human.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Now at least this is plausible. She sees a bunch of poor Iraqi families and thinks that “we” have an obligation to help them, in other words give them money, or a lot more money. Her own money? Well probably not, but your money, of course, the more the better.

And what does she base that on? Visiting with some Iraqi families? Jimmy Carter’s asked his daughter about national security made more sense. Well as much anyway. Twice nothing equals nothing.

No compelling argument as to why. Not even an uncompelling argument. No argument at all. She just says the word great. Well, great.

Well that really makes a lot of sense. Every one knows that being poor is what drove OBL and Zarqawi and the 19 flying monkeys to do what they did. Oh wait, they were all pretty well off, particularly OBL. But I am sure that she must be right as she is from Hollywood and is a beautiful actress, if a woman having a mouth that looks like some kind of blubber blow fish is your idea of a beautiful woman anyway.

Now we need to find out what Brad thinks about what Angeline thinks. And then what Jennifer thinks about what Brad thinks about what Angeline thinks. And then we need to find out what George Clooney thinks about what all his other brilliant fellow world strategists, Angeline and Brad and Jennifer think. And let’s not forget to find out what they all think about Global Warming too. Very important. I can hardly wait.

Knock, knock on my own head.

Why do I even comment on such drivel tabloid stuff anyway. I must be nuts.

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Remind me again…when was I talking to you?

I never said you were. Read the post again, or improve your reading skills.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Andy – you simply are not worthy of further dialog.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Angelina Jolie puts her money where her mouth is

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Are you her tax accountant?

Documentation please.

How much money did she make, in say the last five years, and what percentage of it did she actually give to the downtrodden?

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:02 PM

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Oh, now I get it. You like AJ. In fact, you idolize her.

And this line is a classic Jew-hating one:

Of course you know this because…..

Thanks for FINALLY showing your true colors. C–t. Yeah, I know, I’m an idiot knuckle-dragger. But you are still a c–t.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 28, 2008 at 6:58 PM

To whomever that was addressed, please do improve your reading skills. However, of a much greater urgency is the problem of Andy’s English skills. “If fact” makes no sense, and your grammar is often vague.

It’s fine to type in a laid-back manner, especially on an internet forum, but don’t knock your audience when you’re unclear. The fault is entirely of the author.

Now, is someone going to initiate an actual debate, or should we just throw Molotovs at each other?

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Andy – you simply are not worthy of further dialog.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:59 PM

You sound a lot like my second grade teacher.

Are you Mrs Crabapple?

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Maybe she finally has started to patch things up with her dad and she’s listening to him. Jon Voight is a big-time supporter of the war.

AUINSC on February 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM

That just makes her human.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Leave Angeline alone! She is a human being!

Well that is not what Jennifer says, but what does she know?

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM

She has donated a million dollars each to Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders, a million to Darfur, 100K to Sudan, 300K to Namibia – oh wait, those aren’t on the list of acceptable humanitarian charities. And I guess it’s just not enough of a percentage of her take home pay to make her a true humanitarian.

My bad.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Are you her tax accountant?

Documentation please.

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:02 PM

She’s donated over $25 million dollars. Google is your friend.

SnarkVader on February 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Jon Voight is a big-time supporter of the war.

AUINSC on February 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM

That may be because he has never been in one. Fighting with his daughter doesn’t count.

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Leave Angeline alone! She is a human being!

Well that is not what Jennifer says, but what does she know?

MB4 on February 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM

And that tells you all you need to know about where MB4 is coming from. Someone is still wearing their Team Aniston t-shirt even though Jennifer isn’t even on team Aniston anymore. Get over it.

SnarkVader on February 28, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Excellent news.

Now I can fantasize again without the guilt.

The Ugly American on February 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Chakra Hammer on February 28, 2008 at 7:16 PM

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Debate something with a one misfiring brain cell that knows two words – f–k and c–t?

I’ll leave it at that and be on my way.

Enlightened on February 28, 2008 at 7:16 PM