Galloway on Prince Harry: “I don’t know about you, but I have no enemies in Afghanistan”

posted at 10:05 pm on February 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

If making kissyface with Hezbollah in Beirut or wishing death by suicide bomber on Tony Blair isn’t enough to qualify for sedition, this isn’t either.

Speaking on BBC1′s Question Time on Thursday evening, Mr Galloway said: “Prince Harry was saying on TV that he was engaging the enemy.

“I don’t know about you, but I have no enemies in Afghanistan.”

Challenged by host David Dimbleby over whether the Taliban were the enemy, he replied: “The Taliban are not the enemy for me.”

Attacking the media blackout, Mr Galloway said: “I pay for the BBC and I don’t like the idea that the British media should be part of the war effort.”

“In both Britain and America, this fawning and cowardly and sinister jerk is considered a hero of the “anti-war” movement. He is, in fact, an excuse-maker for totalitarianism and an apologist for nihilistic religious violence.”

Comments

I’m sure he’d accept a 1-way ticket to the tribal lands (I would have said round-trip, but somehow I doubt he’ll need the return ticket).

steveegg on February 28, 2008 at 10:08 PM

There was a day in England where that bastage would be hanged for seditious talk like that.

TheSitRep on February 28, 2008 at 10:11 PM

He’s kinda sorta an idiot.

Vizzini on February 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM

“I have no enemies in Afghanistan.”

That’s only because of the good natured tolerance of fools of the United States Military.

BD57 on February 28, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Imagine Mr. Churchill’s reaction to this slug.

Tim Zank on February 28, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Sedition is the highest form of patriotism.

Lehosh on February 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Douche. (My apologies to Massengil)

SouthernGent on February 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM

awesome, simply awesome. I love the smell of roasted moonbat in the morning.

funky chicken on February 28, 2008 at 10:19 PM

And besides all of that he is a jerk…

d1carter on February 28, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Um……

Isn’t this the guy who was lapping milk as a cat in the European version of Big Brother?

highhopes on February 28, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Went to his website. Learned a few things:

A) He’s a self-congratulatory douche.
B) He’s a Castro apologist.
C) He hates Israel, Loves Palestine. (“Israeli military forces have killed four Palestinian children in the latest air strike on the Gaza Strip, medics say.” No mention on the number of Israelis killed by Palestinian terrorists.)

In short, he’s a Moonbat.

amerpundit on February 28, 2008 at 10:23 PM

You’ve got no enemies in Afghanistan, huh George?

Then who is it that’s kicking the hell out of your Taliban buddies?

landshark on February 28, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Somewhere, Vidkun Quisling is smiling.

Slublog on February 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM

You have to find out where this guy’s funding comes from to see who his enemies are. Follow the money…

d1carter on February 28, 2008 at 10:27 PM

TheSitRep on February 28, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Oh, hanging would be only part of the show… don’t forget the gutting, drawing and quartering, and display bits and pieces of him about the realm.

Frozen Tex on February 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM

There is a little boy there with Serrated edge knife just waiting for your company gorgeous George

Kini on February 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Somewhere, Vidkun Quisling is smiling.

Slublog on February 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Vidkun isn’t as bad as Galloway. Even if the Nazis had won World War II, Naziism would have run its course in at most forty years and probably much less years and the decency of Western Civ would have returned. There will be no return to to the basic decency of our civilization if Galloway and the muslims win. We will be as extinct as the woolly mammoth.

thuja on February 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM

He has an enemy in Georgia, USA.

EJDolbow on February 28, 2008 at 10:34 PM

He’s kinda sorta an idiot.

Vizzini on February 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Someone had to do it.

carbon_footprint on February 28, 2008 at 10:35 PM

If he has no enemies there, put him there.

MadisonConservative on February 28, 2008 at 10:36 PM

As usual, he can’t even make a rational talking point. What about the Afghan enemies of the taliban? Are they his bestest buddies? I think not. What a tool.

AUINSC on February 28, 2008 at 10:40 PM

You’ve got no enemies in Afghanistan, huh George?

Then who is it that’s kicking the hell out of your Taliban buddies?

landshark on February 28, 2008 at 10:25 PM

heh

funky chicken on February 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Could somebody please, please get Red Ken Livingstone to step out in support of his friend here?

You could do that for my Xmas gift for the next 20 years.

funky chicken on February 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM

“I don’t know about you, but I have no enemies in Afghanistan.”

Yes, he does. He’s just deluded himself into thinking they’d spare him. But why would they? He’s kafir just like the rest of us.

Lee on February 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM

As usual, the wrong people were in the Tube during the London Underground bombing attacks.

If only it had been fifty Galloways instead.

No loss.

profitsbeard on February 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Galloway is a traitor.

aengus on February 28, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Galloway is like a caricature of a useful idiot. Sort of useful for understanding the rest, as any extreme example is. I wonder if Cindy Sheehan would allow that it’s OK to question his patriotism? I’m guessing not.

Splunge on February 28, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Galloway is a traitor. I wish this was like the old days and we could put traitors like Galloway in front of a firing squad.

SoulGlo on February 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Hitchens owned this goober.

It would be totally and completely wrong to tie Galloway to a post and horsewhip him, and I discourage anyone from doing that.

joewm315 on February 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM

joewm315 on February 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I agree. It would wear out a horsewhip, which has value, and possibly scar the post, which has value.

However, tar, feathers, and a rail does have some appeal. I keep thinking of that scene in O Brother, Where art Thou, and thinking just how appropriate it would be to see Galloway on that rail.

Splunge on February 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM

History repeats itself

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 11:01 PM

BTW

William Joyce (April 24, 1906 – January 3, 1946), the man generally associated with the nickname Lord Haw-Haw, was a fascist politician and Nazi propaganda broadcaster to the United Kingdom during the Second World War. He was controversially executed for treason by the British as a result of his wartime activities

William Amos on February 28, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Heh, even if I think Hitchens would love to slit my throat from ear to ear if he could, I still found his comment funny.

Darth Executor on February 28, 2008 at 11:03 PM

He does realize that his head will be the first to come off,
the jihadys have no use for an infidel such as him!

canopfor on February 28, 2008 at 11:10 PM

On Galloway: Don’t dignify the poofter. There was a time when he’d be socked in the face for being such a complete imbecile. Alas, progressivism has moved us past that.

Christopher Hitchens is so brilliant right so often, its almost tragic when he’s wrong.

emailnuevo on February 28, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Remember the ending of the movie Stalag 17?
The Peter Graves character?

I’d love to tie some tin cans to Galloway’s fat butt and drop him into Taliban territory.

SteveMG on February 28, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Well, but of course he has enemies in Afghanistan. There are still British troops there.

Blacklake on February 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM

he must be mellowing out – he wasn’t calling for the war criminal prince to be brought to justice by his friends

Defector01 on February 28, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Galloway… you sir, are indeed human trash.

CliffHanger on February 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I say we declare Galloway an enemy combatant and book him a room at Gitmo.

BryanS on February 28, 2008 at 11:24 PM

But have some real dedidicated ones over here you crepe paper skinned freak. I keep waiting for him to don a white and freaking beauty mark. Where is Andrew Cunanan when you need him.

pc on February 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I thought this jerk was in jail . . .

Texyank on February 28, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Are you fkning kidding me?

TroubledMonkey on February 28, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Is that human pustule still getting press?

D2Boston on February 28, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Why haven’t they hung him? Doesn’t Britain have any national pride left?

frankj on February 28, 2008 at 11:49 PM

He doesn’t care what anyone outside his own district thinks. Talk like this will keep getting him elected so he will keep doing it.

crosspatch on February 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Galloway has ALLIES in the Stans.
Dirty $OB!

Let Harry be Brave, Bold amd hunt the Taliban down and have
his very personal St. Crispins day there!

That is from the Bard, Harry knows it!

And say “To-morrow is Saint Crispian”:
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars
And say “These wounds I had on Crispin’s day.”
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

old trooper on February 29, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Well Mr. Galloway, you might just have one now.

shaken on February 29, 2008 at 12:12 AM

again

why cant these types show their solidarity with jihadism and just blow their brains out, becoming shahid just like their muslimeen brothers?

blatantblue on February 29, 2008 at 12:21 AM

This &^%$* isn’t fit to shine Harry’s shoes.

baldilocks on February 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM

He’s a puffed up troll.

snaggletoothie on February 29, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Prince Harry is 100x the man that man can ever hope to be. Prince Harry is brave, and is putting his life on the line for the freedom of his country, which I greatly respect him for. He, just like so many of our own US soldiers, are willing to sacrifice their lives so that we can have freedom, and do not have to fight this war on our own soil. (remember 9/11, they brought the fight to us before we brought it to them). God bless him and all of our troops as well. They are the true heroes of our day.

Trtle2001 on February 29, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Galloway as prince

Entelechy on February 29, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Expletives fail me.

Merovign on February 29, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Galloway wouldn’t last a day in Afghanistan.

The_Freeze on February 29, 2008 at 1:48 AM

What an a$$hole.

Dave R. on February 29, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Galloway is like a caricature of a useful idiot…..
Splunge on February 28, 2008 at 10:48 PM

I always thought that ‘a useful idiot’ was one who did stupid things for a cause that they weren’t bright enough to understand, out of some sort of mistaken solidarity. Not someone like Galloway, who has been paid millions of Dollars (Pounds) by the enemy for for selling out his government (as well as America, Australia etc.)

LegendHasIt on February 29, 2008 at 2:36 AM

George Galloway is anti-war? Since when? No, George Galloway is not anti-war, he isjust on the other side of this conflict. He is on the record as being pro-war, pro-taliban, pro-iraqi insurgency.

irish_infidel on February 29, 2008 at 2:43 AM

Galloway thinks the beeb is aiding the war effort?
That is funny.
They try their best to encourage the country to
surrender.
But the good news about George is he seems a spent force
in British politics.
His “RESPECT” party only ever elected one member to
Parliament, and that was Galloway himself running in a heavily
islamc portion of London.
Now he’s a late night talk jock on of the British AM
radio stations.
I’m sure he’s got some followers, but they seem
to not have power.

davem on February 29, 2008 at 4:06 AM

I’ll bet Galloway and Cindy Sheehan are actually husband and wife. It was a secret wedding performed by the archbishop of the Church of England.

evenkeel on February 29, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Well Georgey, I also “pay for the BBC” and I don’t like the idea that they should give any air time to an egotistical, superannuated, womanising, Stalinist apologist for Islamic fascism like yourself….but hey…the BBC can’t please everyone.

uptight on February 29, 2008 at 6:39 AM

“I have no enemies in Germany…” said Neville Chamberlin. I see stupidity in Britain is passed from one generation to tne next…just like here.

sdd on February 29, 2008 at 7:21 AM

I’d bet Charles wouldn’t mind if this piece of crap went through a “rendition” process…

darkpixel on February 29, 2008 at 7:26 AM

Sounds like a pretty typical democrat, to me.

hunter on February 29, 2008 at 7:38 AM

Isn’t he the F-ing a$$hole MP in GB who got rich off the UN/Iraq oil for food scandal??? Censured by Parliament? Who cares what this maggot says.

jimbo2008 on February 29, 2008 at 7:41 AM

This is what results when you put Keith Olbergoebbels, Bill Maher and HP sauce together. What’s Britain’s version of Bellevue?

adamsmith on February 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Ever wonder why it is that the Left always seems to side with Jihadists? Let George Galloway explain it to you:

On April 25, 2005, Galloway was interviewed by the Iraq News Network’s Mohammad Basirul Haq Sinha on the subject of the War on Terror and the clash of cultures between the West and the Muslim world. Mr. Sinha asked Galloway: “You often call for uniting Muslim and progressive forces globally. How far is it possible under current situation?” To this, Galloway replied:

“Not only do I think it’s possible but I think it is vitally necessary and I think it is happening already. It is possible because the progressive movement around the world and the Muslims have the same enemies. Their enemies are the Zionist occupation, American occupation, British occupation of poor countries, mainly Muslim countries…So on the very grave big issues of the day – issues of war, occupation, justice, opposition to globalization – the Muslims and the progressives are on the same side.

Buy Danish on February 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM

What’s Britain’s version of Bellevue?

adamsmith on February 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

The equivalent is Kings College Hospital in London.

snaggletoothie on February 29, 2008 at 9:20 AM

SoulGlo on February 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Thing is, we could, but refuse to do so.

Wade on February 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM

I’m sorry; any possible comment I could make about Galloway would get me booted. Self-censorship at its best.

UndertheBridge on February 29, 2008 at 9:46 AM

I have no enemies in Afghanistan.

Correct. He is a friend of the enemy. Like Code Pink, the friend of my enemy IS my enemy.

JustTruth101 on February 29, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Galloway: “I don’t know about you, but I have no enemies in Afghanistan. … The Taliban are not the enemy for me.”

Truer words were never spoken. Galloway is a friend of the Taliban, perfectly willing to applaud their demolition of all the Buddhas, beating of women who went out in public, shooting of girls who dare to go to school, sending of mentally handicapped suicide bombers to blow crowds of shoppers into little bloody chunks. The Taliban are heroes to Galloway. They are only enemies of civilization.

That’s the problem. Galloway wants the BBC to be part of the anti-war movement and to force the public to pay for the propagation of his views. However, the last thing he wants is for the government to stop taxing citizens to pay for the BBC and its government propaganda.

Tantor on February 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM

One of the few Scottish men I don’t like.

Pure idiocy in Scottish male form.

tickleddragon on February 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Exactly who are the people who elect this baboon?

Phil Carter on February 29, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Exactly who are the people who elect this baboon?

Muslims.

aengus on February 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM

In other words, a good progressive.

RobCon on February 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM

This guy is what happens when daddy takes a kid into the toolshed after school for ten years. That and little man syndrome, and I ain’t talkin’ ’bout height………..

adamsmith on February 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM

He shouldn’t have a hard time finding his enemies in that region – generally they are wearing a union jack badge on their uniforms.

Think_b4_speaking on February 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Galloway is a Kucinich / Farrakahn hybrid who doesn’t know which end is up. That explains why he always talks through his arse.

volsense on February 29, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Seems Harry is turning into a decent individual now. His maturity and willingness to risk it all to combat the Jihadists makes Galloway look like a totally worthless slug.

JonRoss on February 29, 2008 at 6:17 PM