Video: McCain repudiates the “Barack Hussein Obama” crowd again; Update: RNC threatens Tennessee GOP; Update: Tennessee GOP backs down

posted at 8:20 pm on February 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Listen. If you want to play this “secret Muslim” game, just play it. Don’t hide behind faux innocent “we’re only saying the guy’s name” nonsense, like the Tennessee GOP is doing here. If they took that principle seriously it’d be “William Jefferson Clinton” every time instead of the “Bill Clinton” they regularly use.

You want to go this route? Own it. Click the image to watch.

mccain-hussein2.jpg

Update: Knock it off, says the RNC, or else.

Update: RNC 1, Tennessee GOP 0.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM

How is refering to Barack Hussein Obama by his full name far right?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 12:40 AM

I don’t think it’s a question of being PC. My own views on religion are those of Sam Harris if you know what I mean. So I am not going to defend Islam. However, McCain and lots of others aren’t simply being PC by denouncing the tactics in question. They fundamentally would not take your position, which is that Islam as a whole is incompatible with a free society. You know Bush doesn’t take this position.

I think someone’s being “PC” if they decline to state bluntly what they believe to be the case or equivalently if they claim to reject something that they demonstrably believe to be true. Kinda like you are when instead of openly demanding a candidate to denounce Islam, you claim to be simply using his full name.

I think it’s morally cowardly and counter-productive. By using your tactics you aren’t likely to attract anyone to your side who has intellectual capabilities to defeat Islam in the battle of ideas.

freevillage on February 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Is it the intent of the users of “Barack Hussein Obama” to use his full name because that’s something they do all the time with most of the people they know or talk about?

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 12:29 AM

My point is: who cares why people say Obama’s name? It’s his name regardless. If he didn’t like it he would have changed it. Do you even know how Obama feels about his name? Who gave you and McCain the authority to assume that he’s offended by it? I’m not offended by my name regardless of “why” somebody might say it, although if they apologize to me for my terrible name, I’m going to punch them in the mouth.

The intent is to paint our likely opponent as some sort of undercover Islamic radical or even a Manchurian terrorist candidate.

If that’s what you really think than be a man and SAY IT.

That’s not what I think at all, so why would I say it?

Oh, and just for good measure, let me add: Barack Hussein Obama. : P

FloatingRock on February 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Not the smart thing because all the whisper campaigners will continue to whisper and nurse grievances about their free speech. Simmering anger is never good.

baldilocks on February 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM

You’ve a good great point.

But, I did suggest almost the same thing you did earlier.

I said if he was smart he should say “No need to apologize Senator. My name is Barack Hussein Obama and I’m proud to be an American.”

But, then I thought, then this whole stupid issue would dry right up and would turn into a non issue.

This is just another case of the NPR republicans being scared of their own shadow. What the name “Hussein” has to do with race, I’ll never know…

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

My point is: who cares why people say Obama’s name?

Again, who cares about his race? Let’s call him the black candidate.

freevillage on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

AprilOrit

Forgive me for zeroing in on a specific phrase. I don’t mean to quibble but this is important – at least to me. I’m always a little unclear of what the term “far right” actually means. That term is thrown around a lot but it seems like a sloppy term. I think I’m far right and I don’t consider it a bad thing. How would you define that term?

That is one of the major problems that we have in the GOP. There are actually people that detest other members of their own party for their conservatism. I certainly don’t openly dislike people that are more centrist than I am in the party so I wonder why the most centrist groups have such animosity toward more conservative groups. I am very interested in your reply.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

[sigh]

I think I’m tired of being a Republican from Tennessee. If we had any Malkins, we’d tell whoever is on the GOP national committee to go suck an egg.

MuBarak Hussein Mohammed Osama Obama.

What’s the difference? He’s as bad for America as a jihadist anyway…

Tennman on February 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM

AprilOrit

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Mormon Doc is speaking for me here, too.

I’d love to hear your reply, April.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Do you even know how Obama feels about his name?

FloatingRock on February 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Yes. Somewhat. I do know that he presents himself simply as Barack Obama.

Doyou infuse the middle names of your friends when you speak to or of them? Unless you’re a strange cat, the answer is no.

All of us know why this stupid sh-t is being done.

If you think Obama is a jihadist, then come out and say it. If not, call him by the name that he goes by. Simple stuff here.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:05 AM

freevillage

But you are not the arbitor of what is an appropriate tactic and neither am I and neither is John McCain. People take the steps they believe are appropriate and draw attention to the issues that they consider essential.

Islam as it is presently interpreted is incompatible with freedom. Simply stating that other people don’t agree that position doesn’t make it so. Robert Spencer, et al. have presented enough objective information that the question is settled for me. Given that my position requires an active repudiation of Islam by a man who has family members that are presently actively engaged in Islam.

Saying that people are “morally cowardly” and stating that my “tactics you aren’t likely to attract anyone to [my] side” seems to be a conflicting tack. The idea, at least from my perspective, is to state convictions and not to insult the other person or their point of view.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Oh you said that. (I was too lazy to scroll up.) Excellent. :-)

baldilocks on February 28, 2008 at 1:06 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM

How is refering to Barack Hussein Obama by his full name far right?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Didn’t you ask me this already earlier today? Referring to his middle name is a ploy by the Far Right to I guess shame him, bully him, embarrass him and dup the paranoid ill-informed masses into believing he is a Muslim.

Remember – the Fringe on both sides always has one thing in mind – cause panic, hate and a full blown riot.

Here was my answer discussing it from earlier –

How about sabotaging The Party? The fact that he is eluding to the fact that Barack Obama wants to become President to take over the gov’t is ridiculous. The fact that he believes that Obama is some kind of renegade Muslim, which has be debunked over and over, and takes it a step further by attending a Republican Rally for our candidate and attempts to plant this seed into the minds of the Republicans attending that rally is even sicker.

How insulting to his fellow Republicans. In other words Bill Cunningham assumes most Republicnas are morons and are ignorant enough to believe that because Barack Obama’s father gave him his name at birth this means we are all in danger??

You cannot honestly tell me the all of you who think what he did is/was clever and that you willingly accept this treatment of yourselves by him and Ann Coulter?

I’m going with Captain Ed on this one….

Let’s just start off by acknowledging what Cunningham didn’t or wouldn’t admit — the emphasis on “Hussein” in remarking about Obama isn’t intended on ensuring proper identification. It’s a rather naked and intellectually dishonest way to play on the Obama-as-crypto-Muslim meme and/or engage in a little free association with Saddam. It’s a clever ploy, one that allows the purveyor to say (as Cunningham did later), “Hey, I’m just using his real name!” as a dodge for what he really had in mind.

It’s sloppy, it’s lazy and lends nothing to the debate; just like we always tell the otherside over and over again….

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:06 AM

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Why do they call Bush “dubya”?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Why not George Bush?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:08 AM

AprilOrit

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM

One hint that someone may be a half-a-kook is if they pull cutesy BS by calling a guy a Islamic radical w/out really having the nuts to do so.

If you mean it, say so. Back it up.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Why do they call Bush “dubya”?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Because his friends call him that and he doesn’t object. It’s his known nickname in other words.

You can’t be this stupid.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:11 AM

What’s the difference? He’s as bad for America as a jihadist anyway…

Tennman on February 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM

If both sides of Obama’s lineage went back to the slave ships and/or pilgrims and all other things were equal he’d still be a smooth-talking Socialist who’s bad for this country.

If the larger part of the citizens can’t see that patent danger, I don’t really think that they would care about something not dangerous, like his “middle” name.

baldilocks on February 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Mitt seems too high class for this behavior – for sure.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM

“There are actually people that detest other members of their own party for their conservatism.”
I dont detest people for being more conservative, I detest them for being jack**ses. I like and respect guys like Rich Lowry, Fred Thompson, Sean Hannity, Bill Bennett. I just detest people who reinforce the image of us being a bunch of uncouth racist pigs (Limbaugh, Cunningham).

” certainly don’t openly dislike people that are more centrist than I am in the party so I wonder why the most centrist groups have such animosity toward more conservative groups. ”
I applaud you, I find you to be in the minority. I have been run out on the raild for supporting John McCain or Charlie Christ, making me a “RINO”, “no better than a Dem”, “liberal”, and other acts in ridiculous hyperbole.

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Why do they call Bush “dubya”?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM

To differentiate him from his father, the other President George Bush.

baldilocks on February 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM

Why do they call Bush “dubya”?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM

That’s an endearing family nickname. Are you an American??

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM

That’s an endearing family nickname. Are you an American??

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM

I’m guessing ‘no’ or he’s very young.

baldilocks on February 28, 2008 at 1:14 AM

“I also firmly believe Mitt Romney’s people would have never hired a Bill Cunningham type to warm up the crowd.

Mitt seems too high class for this behavior – for sure.”
You right but for the wrong reasons. Romney already has gasbags like Cunningham in the tank for him as the anti-McCain guy, he would have not needed to get him out there to fire up the crowd, they would have already been deep into his corner.

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM

AprilOrit:

So what your saying is far right = cause hate panic and full-blown riot.

Your definition of far right has little to do with philosophy, and mostly is a reflection of anarchist tactics?

Do I understand you correctly?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:12 AM

I have been called the same. Look, we have to get the Fringe out of the Party, I think the Dems need to do the same with the Code Pinko types etc, but I don’t care about the Democratic Party, I do care about the GOP – The Party of Lincoln circa 2008 doesn’t deserve uncouth rauble-rousing racist pigs in the ranks – period.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:17 AM

“It’s sloppy, it’s lazy and lends nothing to the debate; just like we always tell the otherside over and over again…”
Exatly April, it appeals to the worst impusles of our party which we shouldnt have to worry about anymore.

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM

toliver

I don’t know if anyone implied that about Obama was an “Islamic radical w/out really” being able to back it up. However, you clearly inferred something derogatory about the connection with Islam which is natural.

When I hear “Hussein” it is a connection worth investigating and like most people I learned that he was a Christian. But there are some very big questions about his so-called spiritual leader and about his church. I would be very interested to hear how Obama feels about Islam. If, like Bush, he believes Islam is a religion of peace and that the belief system is completely compatible with freedom the implications are stark and very troubling. Statements like that from Obama are more troubling than from Bush because of Obamas relationships with actively practicing Muslims. This means that potentially radicalized Muslims are that much closer to the highest levels of government including the White House. Again, it is about making connections and forcing discussions into the public forum. Not shying away from things because of political correctness. If there is nothing to hide then it should be easy to handle.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM

“The Party of Lincoln circa 2008 doesn’t deserve uncouth rauble-rousing racist pigs in the ranks”

Lincoln, Roosevelt, Goldwater, Reagan, Buckley. Todays Party and todays Movement Conservatives are deserving of none of these people.

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:22 AM

AprilOrit

I disagree about your statement about Mitt Romney hiring Cunningham. I think he would have done anything and everything he could to get elected. I never supported him because I don’t think that the man has any core values.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:23 AM

toliver

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Good. Now we get down to the meat and potatoes. These questions and concerns are what the likes of Cunningham should be stating outright and plain.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

Oh, I thought they called him double-u.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

“When I hear “Hussein” it is a connection worth investigating and like most people I learned that he was a Christian.”
Most people dont bother to research, assuming the electorate is as thorough as you it willfully ignorant or naive.

Everything else in your post is about as speculative as me thinking that Mitt Romney was going to be under the Control of Salt Lake City or Kennedy was under the Control of Rome while in office.

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:27 AM

Oh, I thought they called him double-u.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

The libs took his nickname and used it against him.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:28 AM

“I always thought the written term “dubya” was a derogatory term. I see it used so much when he is being criticized.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM”
No you hear Chimpy McCokespoon, Chimpy, Bu$h and BFEE (Bush Family Evil Empire).

Squid Shark on February 28, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Squid Shark

I think part of the problem is that supporting McCain is offensive to a lot of strong conservatives. Not because of a difference of view but because of how he has gone out of his way to thumb his nose at conservatives. I understand your support even though I can’t share that support.

To me, McCain is worse in many ways than the Democrats. I expected them to oppose me. The Democrats also never pretended to be on my side and unlike McCain they didn’t have the audacity to expect my support/money after fighting against my closely held beliefs for so long. It’s a deeply held opposition to McCain that goes beyond his stated positions or what he may do as President. I simply don’t trust him.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:30 AM

AprilOrit:

So what your saying is far right = cause hate panic and full-blown riot.

Do I understand you correctly?

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:16 AM

My definition of The Far Right and The Far Left is just plain loon across the board. It is philosopical, it’s ethical, it’s extremism, they could be anarchists, the Communist/Socialist on the Left and the Militia Movement on The Right falls into this.

But I asked you a question – are you an American?

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

Funny, I thought he did. The sound byte that is being used was a full frontal assualt on the media’s failure to get at the truth. All he said about Barack Hussein Obama was his connection to Daly/Chicago political machine.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM

But I asked you a question – are you an American?

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM

I thought I already said that to you. Maybe I’ve confused you with someone else.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:33 AM

Squid Shark

It wasn’t speculative, it was deductive. I didn’t allege anything I simply stated facts. Obama needs to state his positions on these types of issues.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:34 AM

I don’t think I’m making too much headway here but I appreciate people giving me their feedback. I’m off to another thread.

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM

Read Mormon Doc’s post again. I think it’s quite different that what you just posted:

toliver

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Quite different indeed.

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM

AprilOrit

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Really? I though he was classier than that, but I will take your word for it.

I just picture Mrs. Romney wincing when gazing upon Bill Cunningham and his act….although I see Laura Bush doing the same.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM

No Doc, we had a major breakthrough. Remember?

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM

toliver on February 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM

I was refering to Cunningham. Slow down, take a breath.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Cunningham is more suited for a Far Right Stag party. He’s far too crass around women and children.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:40 AM

How much has the RNC contributed to Conservative or Republican victories in the last 8 years???

This organization consists of a bunch of heads-full-of-mush “moderates” who think they can run “liberal lites” against “real liberals”!!

The RNC is no longer of any use to anybody: it should be IGNORED!!!

landlines on February 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

AP,

Looks like most of HA OWNS IT, they like the full name, so, what do you say about that?

WoosterOh on February 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

landlines on February 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

And their downright extremist about it!

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Thank you.

Connie on February 28, 2008 at 1:50 AM

theirthey’re

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 1:50 AM

Respect is earned.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Here too.

Connie on February 28, 2008 at 1:52 AM

The RNC is no longer of any use to anybody: it should be IGNORED!!!

landlines on February 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

Talk about extremism. If you have a problem with the RNC, then get out, go elsewhere. The RNC is what it is, you don’t have to stay in the party if you disagree with those who promote it.

If they cannot raise funds they are going to have problems. If you cared about the party you wouldn’t be knocking the RNC the way you are.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Frankly, I could see this whole thing having being set up ahead of time just so John Sidney McCain could come out and take the high road.

Buy Danish on February 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM

And bash conservatives while he’s at it. Habits die hard and I say that as someone who’s rooting for him to win because I detest the other side.

Connie on February 28, 2008 at 1:55 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Give it a rest. You are making things worse for McCain, not better.

Connie on February 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM

I just hate the Far Right as much as I detest the Far Left. I’m with O’Reilly when it comes to these types, I would like to destroy them as much as he would – and just like him also destroy that gd horse they rode in on into the GOP.

In my fantasy video game life I would be a Soldier of Fortune hunting wingnuts and moonbats and bringing them to justice.
AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Just WOW!

What sort of ‘Justice’ would you bring us to? I guess in “April World” anyone who doesn’t think just exactly as you do is guilty of a heinous crime. If we don’t come along peacefully, what then? Execution on the spot?

You want to destroy us huh? AND our horses? What did our horses ever do to you?

LegendHasIt on February 28, 2008 at 2:00 AM

If you have a problem with the RNC, then get out, go elsewhere.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Be careful, April, or they’ll be shutting you up too.

And then you might finally get a “real world” sense for how a lot of folks feel about the current state of the GOP.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 2:06 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:06 AM

I agree, however his associations are fair game, Auchi, Rezko,Khalidi and Ayers

No need to use “Hussein”

Chakra Hammer on February 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM

human Events:The Obama Files

Chakra Hammer on February 28, 2008 at 2:50 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM
Give it a rest. You are making things worse for McCain, not better.

Connie on February 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM

How so??

I agree, however his associations are fair game, Auchi, Rezko,Khalidi and Ayers

No need to use “Hussein”

Chakra Hammer on February 28, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Exactly, you got it.

Just WOW!

You want to destroy us huh? AND our horses? What did our horses ever do to you?

LegendHasIt on February 28, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Relax it’s a fantasy, no execution your punishment would be a chain gang of Far Right, Far Left, Far Right and so on and you would be chained to one another closely and have to listen to each other’s craziness all day and all night. Until you said, “Good God, this is what I sound like?? I get it April, cut me loose, I see the evil of my ways…”

The horses I lied, I would really set them free….

Oh really, I disagree.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Be careful, April, or they’ll be shutting you up too.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 2:06 AM

Oh I know how they feel, they hate The Party, they would rather throw The Party under the train than Bill Cunningham, that’s obvious.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 3:27 AM

Oh really, I disagree.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 3:25 AM

You left off the part of that statement that made it accurate:

“Of all the ‘far right’ people that have posted on HotAir, I haven’t seen any that has wanted to “hunt down” “Bring to justice” or “Destroy… Destroy” people who merely think somewhat differently than they do.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, you would be ten times more clever than you really are.

LegendHasIt on February 28, 2008 at 3:51 AM

LegendHasIt on February 28, 2008 at 3:51 AM

I don’t think I am any more clever than you or the average Joe, you are assuming something that never crossed my mind.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Let’s see, B. Hussein Obama wants to be president but you cannot say his middle name, its too insensitive.

He goes out and dresses up as the penultimate macaca and that is also off limits.

This, my lily white waspish friends is NOT presidential material.

Lonetown on February 28, 2008 at 5:33 AM

The dems are going to throw everything,including the kitchen sink,at McCain. He better toughen-up.

apoole on February 28, 2008 at 7:55 AM

I don’t know understand what this means. We can have different opinions on what is appropriate – sure. And my disagreeing with you doesn’t imply you must change your point of view. That much is obvious.

As a practical matter, McCain is, of course, an arbiter. The same was that a CEO is an arbiter in discussion on what’s good for the company. He’s personally charged with delivering the result this November. Hence his opinion carries more weight.

But I think it’s a digression.

All I’m saying is that just because people disagree with you doesn’t mean they are being “PC”. They may have honestly evaluated facts and come to a different conclusion. You have no reason to automatically assume they are insincere.

And lastly, once again. The majority of people here who call Barack “Hussein” aren’t part of this philosophical discussion on Islam. They are simply bigots and cowards, too. Instead of admitting their true views they pretend like all they do is say random names.

freevillage on February 28, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Allah

Dude, it’s his NAME. YUP, we’re gonna USE IT AGAINST HIM.
Own It ??? HELL YES I OWN IT! WHY DON’T YOU???
I owned Slick Willie (back in the day) and I own Hillary Rodham Clinton, too.

Like my mama used to say- Climb down off yer high horse Allah. YUP, his name implies MUSLIM ties- guess what- HE’S GOT EM!

It also implies the utterly ridiculous LIBERAL FACISM of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. Liberals want to use all kinds of WORDS with POLITICAL AND SOCIAL meaning attached to inflame, incite, and imply about eveything they HATE (lets start with bigot, racist, warmonger, hick, redneck, CHRISTIAN, …) BUT SHOOT they have a hissy FIT if someone says somethin’ they don’t like.

Allah- GIT OUT OF YER IVORY TOWER and come back down to earth- Yer soundin’ just like’em.

Barrack Hussein Obama.
Barrack Hussein Obama.
Barrack Hussein Obama.

You bet yer ass, I own it!

Ex-tex on February 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM

What about Hillary Rodham Clinton? She wanted to be called that, so we did. Now she’s just Hillary Clinton.

As Rush Limbaugh said yesterday, we’re letting the liberals tell us what we can or cannot say. The GOP capitulates as usual, and Allah enables censorship. We continue to lose.

fossten on February 28, 2008 at 9:11 AM

The man’s middle name is Hussein. He’s already made a point to accentuate his exotic background by choosing to run as Barack Obama. Otherwise, why are we not running against Barry Obama; we didn’t run against William Clinton in 1992.

But, Barack is stronger, less wimpy than Barray. More exotic. Yes, and so is Hussein.

The RNC wants to purge the party, fine. Enjoy your permanent minority status.

spmat on February 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM

I’ve been thinking that RNC leaders were a bunch of pansies for a while now…now it’s confirmed.

davenp35 on February 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM

I’ve gotten to the point that I can’t support any of them. A pox on the whole lot.

jdawg on February 28, 2008 at 9:57 AM

This, my lily white waspish friends is NOT presidential material.

Lonetown on February 28, 2008 at 5:33 AM

You’re a troll.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Blarg the Destroyer on February 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM
shooter on February 27, 2008 at 10:25 PM
profitsbeard on February 27, 2008 at 10:48 PM
Tennman on February 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Mormon Doc on February 28, 2008 at 1:20 AM
landlines on February 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

All excellent posts.

His full name is:

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.

OK, Barack’s father named his son after himself. So let’s take a walk up the family tree and ask why Barack’s paternal grandfather named his son Barack Hussein Obama. It was clearly for Islamic reasons. Barack’s grandfather, father, and step-father were all Muslims.

It should be a hint to you that the Islamic world does not consider Barack an apostate. Ask yourself why not?

You want to talk about “Own it“?

If Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. wants to claim to be Christian, let him “Own it” by publicly confessing that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is Lord.

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:3 (New King James Version)

If he does that, then he can legitimately be believed to be Christian. If not, he is an imposter and a deceiver.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM

The RNC wants to purge the party, fine. Enjoy your permanent minority status.

spmat on February 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM

davenp35 on February 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM

We need the Independents and the Moderates to win elections, the Far Right – 20% – doesn’t cut it.

It’s amazing – our military is over seas fighting Far Right elements and look what’s happening in our own country.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Lonetown on February 28, 2008 at 5:33 AM

You’re a troll.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:06 AM

In my experience, posters who call other posters “a troll” are usually trolls themselves.

Lonetown is right on the money and is no troll.

AprilOrit, on the other hand…

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM

1 Corinthians 12:3 (New King James Version)

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM

When we start having to prove things to the Far Right in this country will no longer be this country.

Again, we are fighting Far Right extremism abroad, do we have to start doing it here?

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Lonetown on February 28, 2008 at 5:33 AM
You’re a troll.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Lonetown is right on the money and is no troll.

AprilOrit, on the other hand…

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM

You’re not just any troll, your an wingnut idealogue, typical Far Right nutbag who is unhappy with their country wants to change it to suit them.

You’re in the minority baby, own it.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM

I “own it” that Michael Dale Huckabee is the next President of the United States. And the majority of this country will thank God that he is.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Please send a note to Justice Roberts not to use BO’s full name and when he takes the oath next January.

sleepy-beans on February 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM

The quality of the comments on this site has declined of late. Coincidence?

AprilOrit, on the other hand…

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM

She sounds like a female csdeven. What happened to that guy anyway? I miss giving that troll a good ribbing ;)

fourstringfuror on February 28, 2008 at 10:36 AM

I was thinking about voting for McCain, now I am having second thoughts.

It seems that every time I disagree with McCain, I am a racist, far-right wing-nut extremist.

If I have to go through this every single cottton pickin’ time, for the next four years, then, to hell with it.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I’m voting for Obama.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Join the club. It’s large, and growing.

fourstringfuror on February 28, 2008 at 10:44 AM

You’re in the minority baby, own it.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Christians, take note that AprilOrit is an example of how the Far Left is actively trying to marginalize and/or silence you. They want evangelical Christians to be blamed for McCain’s current lead in the Republican primary (when the blame really belongs to “crossover” Democrats voting in Republican primaries). They want you to believe that you are in the minority. They don’t want you to know the truth about the Christian heritage of this country. They don’t want you to know the truth that our current evangelical born-again Christian President, George W. Bush, got a larger percentage of the popular vote in 2004 than any Democrat has received since LBJ in 1964. And if you discount 1964 because of the unusual circumstances (the country was looking for stability in the wake of the JFK assassination), then you have to go back all the way to FDR to find a Democrat who received a larger percentage of the popular vote than our current evangelical born-again Christian President, George W. Bush, got in 2004.

AprilOrit, why don’t you go home now?

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM

McCain’s tendency to rebuke those who he disdains is something he does on a regular basis. It will be interesting when the left start their barrage of attacks to see if he appeases his attackers and still criticizes the friendlies.

volsense on February 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Many of us don’t give a damn about the party. We identified with the Repub party because it WAS conservative. Now it and the RNC are a bunch of moderate/libs and we conservatives are not happy about it. Many of us have left the party thanks to the leftward moves. If you keep sticking fingers in our eyes the Repubs don’t stand a chance when we stay home. I already re-registered as an independent and I’m not getting any reason to go vote for your McShamnesty. There are many former Repubs like me who could, through not showing or voting dem to send a message, create a a bloodbath of Repubs in Nov. Be very careful what you ask for.

jwp1964 on February 28, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Honestly,

Do you folks who are pushing the “It’s just his middle name, why can’t we use it?” line have any idea how childish you are? You are embarassing normal conservatives.

Saying “Barack Hussein Obama” is like using the word “niggardly” over and over when talking about Obama, and then saying “Look, I’m just saying he’s cheap. It’s a compliment, really,” all the while thinking you’re brilliantly witty.

You’re not witty. Barack Obama is not a Muslim. I’m all for criticizing people’s religious beliefs, but it’s clear that Obama is a Christian. If you’re going to rip on his religious beliefs, ridicule him for believing that a dead guy can come back to life.

Enrique on February 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Good for you, I supported Huckabee in the beginning. I have nothing bad to say about him, he’s a good man.

Unlike most here I do not believe he is the ultra lib they say he is.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:54 AM

jwp1964 on February 28, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Cut off your nose to spite your face….

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

…it’s clear that Obama is a Christian…

Enrique on February 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM

No, it’s not.

He won’t do it.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

AprilOrit, why don’t you go home now?

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Oh, so now I am Far Left?? LOLOLOL hilarious. I supported Huckabee and then Fred you fool.

If you were around here a longtime you would know that.

I have no problem with Mike Huckabee at all, he’s ok by me as I said previously, I do not believe he is more liberal than McCain as most people posting her over the last few months believed.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Cut off your nose to spite your face….

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Call it what you will, but instead of trying to bring me into the fold you jab fingers in eyes…proving my point again. Mod/Lib Republicans think you have won some kind of victory and seem to be celebrating by making overt attempts to run-off the conservatives. So be it…can’t wait to hear your whining about the outcome after Repubs across the country are crushed in the General…I already know the answer…those damn conservatives.

jwp1964 on February 28, 2008 at 11:01 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM

I could be wrong April, but didn’t you tell me that first you supported Romney, and then Fred? Or Fred and then Romney?

I don’t recall that you said anything about Huckabee to me.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 11:08 AM

While your words are nice enough, I doubt your sincerity. I don’t know of a single person who “supported Huckabee in the beginning” who doesn’t still support him now. I started out supporting Fred Thompson. It wasn’t until this past month that the Holy Spirit revealed to me that Mike Huckabee will win not only the Republican nomination, but also the general election.

Unlike most here I do not believe he is the ultra lib they say he is.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Huckabee is very, very specific about his conservative stand on the issues. It would be nice if the other three candidates were this specific about their intentions of how they would use the power of the Presidency.

It would also be nice if McCain were to “man up” and follow through with the debate he was supposed to have with Huckabee tonight in Ohio.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM

If he wants to make it perfectly clear, let him publicly confess that Jesus is Lord. He won’t do it.

He’s under no such obligation to publicly profess his preposterous religious beliefs. Only a cretinous Christian chauvinist would expect a candidate to publicly embrace Jesus as part of a presidential campaign.

Enrique on February 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Enrique on February 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Obama is under no obligation to publicly confess that Jesus is Lord.

Likewise, we are under no obligation to believe that his claim of being a Christian is anything more than a façade.

He is a deceiver. The more people learn about his past, the more concerned they will be.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM

When I’m told to Listen or Look from a pip-squeak, I tend to disregard what he has to say.
It seems as tho the presumptive nominee has the adulation of certain people here and everywhere. I guess it’s more comfy that way; if we’re going to have a liberal (as the Repub candidate) shoved down our throats we might as well relax and make the process go easier. Juan Pablo IS a good enough puppet. The Republicrat party is very happy.

Christine on February 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:00 AM

I don’t recall that you said anything about Huckabee to me.

Saltysam on February 28, 2008 at 11:08 AM

I never supported Romney, ever, Huckabee then Fred, based on what people at HA said about Huckabee. I think I told you my parents supported Rudy, campaigned for him, know him.

But everyone here for a while knows that.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Obama is under no obligation to publicly confess that Jesus is Lord.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Why not challenge him on his policies, there is certainly enough there to go on, so you have a sound arguement.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM

John Jay, the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, wrote in a letter to John Murray dated October 12th, 1816:

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest, of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM

This is a Far Right conspiracy theory along the lines of what Welch said about Eisenhower, I would stop while you’re ahead.

You are casting aspersions about something that has already been proven false.

AprilOrit on February 28, 2008 at 11:35 AM