Pro-Huck group to Maverick: There are only eight things you must do to earn our trust

posted at 7:54 pm on February 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Mind you, this is the same group behind the, ahem, “independent” outfit “Trust Huckabee” which Huck somehow just can’t control. Among their numerous activities this election cycle: Anti-McCain push-polling in New Hampshire.

Numbers one through seven sound okay. Number eight? Not so much.

Comments

Pledge to dignify the Reagan legacy by respecting ALL conservatives and should you become the Republican nominee publicly offer to make Governor Mike Huckabee your running mate.

What a joke. Dignify the Reagan legacy and respect ALL conservatives by making Huck the VP? I can’t think of anything more degrading to conservative movement. Aside from making Michael Moore running mate.

darii on February 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Triceratops can’t admit that he made a mistake with McCain Feingold. He is fully behind higher taxes and more government intrusion. He vowed to nominate more liberally acceptable SCOTUS nominees and he continually tells conservatives to f**k off. This is a non-starter with somebody as bad as McCain. It is the whole reason why he is unelectable and the next President will be Obama.

highhopes on February 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM

From one poser to another….

I just love it when the Huckabee crowd tries to call out McCain. Huckabee is a Southern Democrat at best.

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:00 PM

1. Life Assurance: Pledge to support and sign a Human Life Amendment that protects all human life.

What a bunch of morons! The President isn’t any more involved in the process of amending the Constitution than you or I are. We too can say that an amendment is cool or not cool. (And I think a Human Life Amendment is not cool at all.)

thuja on February 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM

thuja on February 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM

They’re into miracles not details. If you wish hard enough, and if you pass the plate and drink the kool aid, then Mike will slay Goliath and lead the country. You know, like how he led Arkansas.

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Help me out. What do “all conservatives” have to do with Mike Huckabee?

Spirit of 1776 on February 27, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Help me out. What do “all conservatives” have to do with Mike Huckabee?

Ha, apparently it didn’t occur to them to create a point nine.

Vizzini on February 27, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Um, I think Huckabee ought to be held to this standard before McCain is…

Help me out. What do “all conservatives” have to do with Mike Huckabee?

By “all conservatives” I think they mean the big-government, tax and spend, crypto-theocratic, anti-Mormon bigoted, anti-Law & Order conservatives.

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

highhopes

Wow, talk about pseudonym. “Highhopes”, your hatred is blinding you to the facts. McCain is basically a conservative who has erred a few several times in his career.

jgapinoy on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Ohhhh, those “all conservatives”. I had “all conservatives” confused with “actual conservatives”.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Well right now my plan is to write in Jeff Sessions/Tommy Franks names for Prez/VP, but if it’s Juan Plantation Strawberries McVano/The High Reverend Gibot Huckster, the ticket from HELL, I may just be driven to vote for Obama.

I can only take so much abuse from the “Republican” party.

MB4 on February 27, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Anti-Law & Order conservatives? Priceless.

darii on February 27, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Who do you think benefited from the times article?
Certainly not obama or clinton both would’ve waited until the primaries were over.
Ed rollins is the huck’s campaign manager – he is a nasty man and would easily encourage time to do their deed. Let’s talk about the push polling – yes, it was huck’s campaign; then there was the comment about hitting Mitt in the face good Christian people all.
Of course I can’t stand mccain because of his lies about Romney and suggesting he was a pig. Then add all of the mccain – whatever and we are screwed. I know he thinks he can win without conservatives. Well se la vie!
So where do we go from here?

Bambi on February 27, 2008 at 8:18 PM

MB4 on February 27, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I truly hope the Republican Establishment goes “all-in” with this dream-team ticket. It will truly make my year. Let’s stop with the charades. Let all the milquetoast Republicans have their day in the sun… expose them for what they are. After the Biblically proportioned meltdown, we can call in HAZMAT to clear the wreckage. We’re headed into a wilderness, whatever the candidate.

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:20 PM

At least this pro-Hickabee group is giving McCain a chance. That is much more than I would give to The National Pastor.

Go. Away. Chump.

MITT 2012

Greenhorn on February 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

That’s apparently an easy mistake to make. Especially recently when so many people are burdened with the asinine notion that abortion is the only conservative issue.

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Excellent tagline Greenhorn…. keep the drum beat going.
MITT 2012

I also like mitt12′s site header:
“Ready, when you all come crawling back.”

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:24 PM

jgapinoy on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Immigration (where he believes I’m a bigot), campaign finance reform (where he ignore free speech), the Bush tax cuts (where he termed them as “tax cuts for the wealthy”, which would totally contradict Reaganomics and trickle down economics), Gang of 14 (where he worked with other liberals to stop judges that would interpret with the law in mind, not personal politics), and life issues (where he supports stem cell research while claiming to be pro-life). These aren’t errors, these are fundamental parts of his liberal ideology.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:25 PM

And Chuck Norris as Secretary of Infomercials Information

bobthepeeler on February 27, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM

You have to keep it simple for the flock. Church good, profit bad, Huckabee on Colbert good, Romney on Leno bad, shaking down church collection plates good, spending self-made fortunes on politics bad.

It’s very easy to re-define conservatism. You just have to aw-shuck your way through it…. and promise to build interstates.

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM

I may just be driven to vote for Obama.

I’m probably the biggest McCain hater (the positions, not the man) here (see above post), but while we may not enjoy voting for him, we have to vote for McShamnesty (or rather, against Obama) in order to continue fighting back in the War on Terror. A vote for Obama is a vote for the Islamofasicts…and I can’t cast that vote.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:30 PM

I need to clear that up. The term “tax cuts for the wealthy” totally contradicts Reaganomics and trickle down economics. The Bush tax cuts embrace Reaganomics.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:31 PM

…. and promise to build interstates.

Quoting “Truckers Magazine” a few times might help a little bit too.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM

MITT 2012

RUDY 2004

..crap.

Reaps on February 27, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

You forgot to include the “clueless to manifest un-electability” conservatives. I have a feeling they’re a big part of this.

Infidoll on February 27, 2008 at 8:37 PM

darii on February 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!! McShame could uphold the Reagan legacy by actually becoming a Republican to start with, let alone becoming a conservative. And how would picking Huckleberry as his running mate make Reagan proud?

flytier on February 27, 2008 at 8:43 PM

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:30 PM

That thought has been expressed many times, however no one says explained to me why if I write in a third candidate or even choose not to vote why would I would be wasting a vote?

If McCain losses the VA popular vote by a single vote then I will fall on my sword.

More importantly if the VA electoral college votes in VA go towards “the O” by one vote then I will also fall on my sword.

F15Mech on February 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM

F15Mech on February 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Thank you Mech. Too many people are afraid of the boogey man. It’s good to see that you don’t use a night light either. If I wanted to surrender my vote, I would mail my ballot to the RNC.

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM

What a stupid website. This sounds like an ultimatum. Huckster wants to show that he offered his hand to McCain in friendship but it was refused. Of course, that hand held poison.

Viscount_Bolingbroke on February 27, 2008 at 8:49 PM

A vote for Obama is a vote for the Islamofasicts…and I can’t cast that vote.

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Don’t let el Juan hear you make a crack like that about Obama or he will Cunningham you.

MB4 on February 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

“independent” outfit my aunt fannie.This smacks of Ed Rollins. He’s as nasty as they come.

kakypat on February 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

noice!

funky chicken on February 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM

malan89 on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Yeah, I was confused about that as well.

ihasurnominashun on February 27, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Classic.

ErikTheRed on February 27, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Huck is not earning points by hanging in there and seeking a “deadlocked” convention. Being competitive is one thing, seeking “deadlock” (his choice of words, many others available) is not a positive way to look at things.

Get over the fact you are from Hope but are not destined to rise as Slick did. You just ain’t that good, Huck.

Harry Schell on February 27, 2008 at 9:57 PM

I have to say that #7 was right on, but #8 was nothing but attempted extortion.

I just hope that Mac does #7 and tells them to bug off.

Buy Danish on February 27, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Cold Steel on February 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Night light? Bah I am all about night sights and night vision. :)

F15Mech on February 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Doh forgot the back quote

F15Mech on February 27, 2008 at 10:03 PM

The only way McCain could get me to vote for him involves a time machine and a complete reliving of his political history – only this time he must do it as a conservative.

Mormon Doc on February 27, 2008 at 10:28 PM

jgapinoy

For me it isn’t the number of mistakes that he has made. It’s the magnitude of the mistakes he has made.

Mormon Doc on February 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM

We had this list of things we wanted you to do from the beginning of the primaries, and you simply wiped the floor with us. Now we really want you to do everything from this list, or… wipe the floor with us once again.

freevillage on February 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM

It’s a fairly big reason people vote conservative. It’s a reason that brings even people who do not care about politics into the voting booth, and it’s probably the only reason Huck was able to even get noticed this year.

Esthier on February 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM

#9 Pick up my dry cleaning
#10 Clean my garage
#11 Get me a nice shrubbery. Nothing too expensive.

Defense Guy on February 27, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Rule #1 when it comes to dealing with voters…

1. Insulting them by calling their positions asinine will not result in a favorable outcome.

F15Mech on February 28, 2008 at 12:15 AM

Damn rule #2 is to re-read a persons post before you go off spouting about rule #1

F15Mech on February 28, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Dear Senator McCain:

Please do all of us who actually ARE conservatives a huge favor, and end the Huckster’s candidacy as quickly as possible.

Please mention to this law breaking push polling group (that held a fundraiser for the Huckster in their home… even though he disavows everything they do), that they guy they are backing is NOT a conservative, IS a liar, and that we need a V.P. who can exercise GOOD JUDGEMENT.

If he willingly freed more than 1000 convincts, including 12 MURDERERS, how will he fight the War on Terror? By turning the other cheek?

bigred on February 28, 2008 at 2:50 AM

Lehosh on February 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM

…And the jackass invoked the name of Ronald Reagan like a dozen times. Since when did Reagan stand for any of that crap?

How did we come to this? Who is to blame for these theocrats and compassionate (i.e., liberal) “conservatives” taking over the Republican Party?

I hate to say it, but WE are. We conservatives spent so much time white-washing Bush’s bullshit that we ended up covered in the stink. How can we hope to convince the electorate of anything when a lot of the people in our own damned Party don’t have the faintest idea what the term “Reagan conservative” means anymore.

logis on February 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM

And on the immigration note: another Level 2 Trama center lost its L-2 status. Yep, they care for untold numbers of I.A.s day after day after day – with pathetic (if any) reimbursement for the government (OUR tax $$$).

Coming soon to a hospital ER near you.

Wow, GWB is leaving this country in one He!! of a mess. Let’s not even get onto the topic of the economy. Maybe he’ll give a speech today and tell us yet again how GREAT the economy is. That will fix everything.

Get used to Pres. Obama. JUAN McInSane isn’t going to fix either of the above problems. Oh, but he’ll keep us in Iraq for 100 more years. But, he’s our candidate..go john.

stenwin77 on February 28, 2008 at 7:27 AM

logis on February 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM

DING – DING -DING, we have a winner !!!

stenwin77 on February 28, 2008 at 7:28 AM

Why is anyone even bothering to give Huckaschmuck and his cronies the time of day? The guy is now the official poster child for Irrelevance. Kindest thing he could do right about now is go away.

pilamaye on February 28, 2008 at 7:34 AM

jgapinoy on February 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Wrong, McCain is basically a liberal stuck in a conservative state. It’s not the times Senator Triceratops has erred but the magnitude of the sins. McCain-Feingold, Amnesty, against tax cuts, Junta of 14…….. these are huge betrayals of my values and I’ll be damned if I support his sputtering candidacy. McCain may have gotten the nomination through the way the primary system was rigged to exclude all but the most liberal of candidates but he won’t get my support and he may well not even get my vote (depending on whether or not he puts a real Republican on the ticket and mends fences with social conservatives instead of continually telling them to f**k off).

highhopes on February 28, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Allahpundit,
Ready for a shocker? I agree with you on this:

Numbers one through seven sound okay. Number eight? Not so much.

I have no desire to see Huckabee as McCain’s VP. The people who do are people of “little faith” who don’t believe that Huckabee will be President.

Don’t worry about number eight on the list…McCain won’t agree to the first seven, so number eight is a moot point all the way around.

Red Pill on February 28, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Go. Away. Chump.

MITT 2012

Greenhorn on February 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Voting for Republican defeat in 2008 are we?

Chakra Hammer on February 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me that Huckabee isn’t even a conservative except for social conservatism. From what I’ve read he’s liberal on economic issues, foreign issues, and liberal on immigration. The only thing I like about him is his support of the FairTax. On the far left, they are hopelessly irrational because of their anti-war stance. They refuse to believe in Islamo-fascism. On the hard right, they keep pushing for a “Human Life Amendment”. As if that’ll accomplish anything. Just because you make abortion illegal(not even possible) doesn’t mean there won’t be anymore abortions. Pretty much like our drug laws. They don’t stop anyone from using drugs, and the laws are more harmful to individual liberty(and a huge waste of tax dollars) than the drugs could ever be. As Neal Boortz writes in “Somebody’s Gotta Say It”, “I personally hate abortion,but I have a bigger problem with the government holding a gun to a fourteen year old’s head and telling them they ARE having a baby.” Paraphrasing there, but you get the gist of it. I’ve often thought before that if the Republican party ever got rid of abortion from their platform, they would probably never lose another election. If the anti-choice people put half the energy into trying to prevent pregnancies in the first place as they do into taking away reproductive rights, they might actually accomplish what they want.I know I’m going to get a lot of flack for writing this, but I’m more Libertarian than anything else. Anyone not voting for McCain because he’s not conservative enough better consider what happens when the other side wins. You’ll have maybe 3 Supreme Court justices picked by progressive socialists, that’ll have a place on that court for maybe thirty years. Think about it………

adamsmith on February 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Having John Mccain as the republican nominee(even though almost 70% of republicans have voted AGAINST him) is a disgrace and proves that the republican party is now taken over by neo libs and all that remains of it is a anti Hussein Obama or anti Hildebeast vote. It’s pathetic.

Hopefully Huckabee can force a brokered convention despite the media blackout.

Huckabee and Mccain will draw roughly the same amount of democrats and independents but Huckabee is a proven to retain a higher amount of the republican vote than Mccain, therefore he is the stronger candidate.

Do you have any idea how many Christian democrats and independents (who normally sit out the election)will vote for Huckabee?

Huck VS. Hussein Obama will re-focus the race on religion and do you know how badly the atheist lib media’s strategy of demeaning Christianity will backfire on them? If Huckabee is our nominee he is guaranteed to win.

We have to have a nominee who represents our issues and values…Mccain definitely does not do that.

Huckabee is right on the most important issues: 100% energy independence in less than 8 years-no amnesty for illegals-outlaw abortion and gay marriage-no north american union and protect our sovereignty-no to a palestinian terror state-and he has the best economic plan by far..the fair tax and a new alternate energy infrastructure and increased highway/airport infrastructure development to stimulate the American economy.

Abolishing the income tax and instituting the fair tax is the best way to start getting rid of socialism in the U.S. and is the best and maybe only way to combat inflation and stimulate American productivity. Remove the corporate income tax and you will end the era of American products being unfairly taxed and passed on to the consumer and you will remove the unfair disadvantage applied to all American products. Embedded taxes and inflation are destroying the American economy. In reality the only ways to combat these problems is to institute the fair tax, remove embedded taxes and lower the cost of energy by becoming energy independent! Mccain is clueless about the economy by his own admission and he doesn’t embody republican ideals whatsoever. Mccain is just a democrat in republican clothing he’ll never make us energy independent,he will veto a human life amendment and he will gladly sell out our sovereignty without a second thought at the first sign of trouble(the coming 2009 terror attacks). People in texas and ohio listen up! Let’s stop Mccain, force a deadlock and in the re-vote at the convention,let’s nominate a new candidate.

Mccain, Clinton or Hussein Obama either way you put it is unacceptable!

SaintOlaf on February 28, 2008 at 4:06 PM