Video: McCain disavows Cunningham’s “Barack Hussein Obama” shtick

posted at 4:28 pm on February 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

An early glimpse here at Maverick having already internalized the lessons of that Politico story and moving quickly to quash a talking point before it achieves liftoff. Dave Weigel’s right, though: Cunningham is notorious for this sort of rhetoric, so much so that it’s earned him recurring appearances on Hannity’s TV shows as the resident right-wing provocateur. McCain probably had nothing to do with choosing him as the warm-up act but his boys had better be more circumspect going forward, as having to retreat from this rhetoric over and over again will eventually start to smell a tad disingenuous. It’s early, though, so for now the left is cutting him a break.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Exposed and desperate, the Hillaryite sockpuppet starts revealing its underlying leftist rationalles, such as the conciiet that they are entitled to free speech rights on a private web site which they have chosen to troll as if it were a public commons.

Hiney Von Pewps on February 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Intollerant much? Oh I don’t know but if banning were put to a vote, I’d probably vote for you to go…

Can anyone disagree with you without being called a Hillary supporter?

stenwin77 on February 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Hiney Von Pewps on February 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM

LOL…there have been Ron Paul Hitler supporters here over the last few months, but no Hillary supporters that I can recollect…LOL.

I mean really, you need to reread the achives…LOL

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 9:44 PM

He’s a friggin conservative Radio Talk show host. What do you expect. Screw McCain. Imma vote for him, but screw him.

VolMagic on February 26, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Come’on Allah- git rid a some of the trolls. please. we old-timers deserve better.

Ex-tex on February 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM

It has gotten pretty rowdy lately. I’ve been here since day one, a few years ago.. how long for you?

I just thought it was the political season.. but there are some pretty opinionated newbies.

stenwin77 on February 26, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I think it’s hilarious that some people are still playing doe-eyed dumb and innocent about the whole “Hussein” thing, like trotting that out there isn’t poisonous in a half-dozen different ways.

No one bought it when Ann Coulter was peddling “B. Hussein Obama” every other breath, and no one’s buying it now.

Lehosh on February 26, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Allah… you guys should really look into adding some sort of moderation system so that we can avoid the “lowest common denominator”, meaning people like FloatingRock, j0, malan89, Vote Sauron, fogw, TheSitRep, et al. I understand that you don’t want to run around banning people just to maintain some intellectual standards, but a moderation system would be a great way to address that.
DaveS on February 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Allah has been doing just fine for the past, oh, 2, 3 years without your advise. A little respect for other views goes a long way.

stenwin77 on February 26, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I like the fact that it bothers the libs and PC police on HA to say ones middle name or any variation thinkable. I enjoy saying Hillary Rotten, BJ Clinton, Hussein Obama, McShamnesty, Flip Romney, etc… If saying Hussein shows disrespect then that is a perfectly fine goal. I have no respect for Hussein and if saying his middle name draws attention to his darker side, then so be it. Even if it doesn’t have any effect other than disrespecting a pandering marxist, I am fine with that also.

Hussein needs to disassociate himself from any hint of potential to have sympathetic policies (or turn a blind eye) to sharia creep and such. The US needs a leader who will be practically forcing the so-called “moderate” muslims to come out of the closet and denounce what is going on with their religion and the disgusting sharia in the US and abroad.

It is up to Hussein and his sympathizers to fix the button that’s being pushed or how they think about it. It’s not up to the commenters. If you don’t like it, you might as well get used to it.

nottakingsides on February 26, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Baldilocks

I do apologize for the miscommunication between us.

BL@KBIRD on February 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

John McCain is running for President of the United States, not afternoon drive on 700 WLW-AM Cincinnati, now that Earl Pitts alter-ego has retired. What a talk jock does is not what a statesman does. What Cunningham does is incite listeners to be aggravated enough to call him and confront his opinions. He did the same thing standing before cameras that could have reflected on the candidate. McCain was right for stepping out and setting the record straight. He would have been dead wrong to have done so before the crowd Cunningham spoke to. That would have been an attack on the man, instead of a distance from the comments from the man. Cunningham has seized the moment to increase his ratings and is playing into the hands of the Democrats in taking his job too seriously. After multiple decades in the radio business, programming stations and dealing with talent who had the same stuck on self-opinion zeal I can easily state McCain was right and Cunningham needs to do a great deal of growing up. What works on radio to increase listeners backfires in a campaign and for Cunningham to attack McCain for rightly refusing to accept his lack of statesmanship only shows Cunningham is what he is. A radio jock, out for his own self interest.

ilitigant on February 26, 2008 at 10:08 PM

This just goes to show you how sensitive and weak the libs are,, when they have an opponent that is actually a conservative. When they have a McCain, well, ,, So,, Obama’s middle name is the “unspeakable” word?? Could not a child figure this out??? Could not someone ask the libs if they have a problem with his middle name??? I just shake my head in disbelief! I don’t even want to frequent these sites anymore.
It’s all insanity. McCain makes me want to spit. He’s is a complete idiot that I am convinced will continue to screw and slap at the base all the way to defeat in November. Then the moron will whine that the base dragged him down. He’ll believe he needed separate himself even further from conservatives. Like thats possible.

JellyToast on February 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Barrack Husein Obama.

Hillary Rodham Clinton.

John Sidney McCain.

I can’t believe I just said it. My heart is racing like I just stole a car!

If this doesn’t get me banned, you can say anything on Hot Air!

I feel sooo naughty. I feel electric. I feel aliiiive!

Saltysam on February 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Hillary Rodham Clinton!!!

Oh my god! I can’t believe I’m doing this.

Saltysam on February 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM

*tearing off my clothes, running through the field*

*Shouting at the top if my lungs*

“Barrack Hussein Obama !!!!!”

*Mixture of pure guilt and overwhelming excitement rushing through my veins*

“I feel so freeeee!”

How long until I’m banned?

5,4,3,2……

Saltysam on February 26, 2008 at 10:23 PM

How about Barry O’Bama, that plucky half Irish kid? Is that less religiously bigoted?

All the No dogs or Irish signs are gone aren’t they?

BL@KBIRD on February 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM

The guy who came up with the oh-so-clever “Osambo” epithet, btw, still holds his posting privleges.

Hiney Von Pewps on February 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM
I think HA is pretty much a free-speech zone… which you should be very, very grateful for.

You know, either we have free speech, or not… just because people do not agree with you, it doesn’t mean they must be “banned”.

stenwin77 on February 26, 2008 at 9:37 PM

You may be too innocent to know, stenwin77, as I was before I was forced to take a diversity class in college, that “sambo” is a racial slur. It would be perfectly reasonable were HA to ban someone for sowing the seeds of racial hatred on their site.

hicsuget on February 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Lehosh on February 26, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Having him warm the audience for McCain was a mistake, Far Right Fringe is just not acceptable for prime time. John McCain is far too classy for that type of character.

He’s very John Birch Society though, I’ll give him that…I’m surprised he isn’t warming up a Ron Paul event.

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM

hicsuget on February 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I’ve been told that I need to get away from that NY jew thing, that it would only be for my own good.

No one said anything. Again, just another John Birch moment in the Right Blogosphere…LOL.

It does happen unfortunately – as much as it does on The Left, but people don’t like to admit it.

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 11:11 PM

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 11:11 PM

You mean like this?:

Cunningham is frightening, like a Hillbilly – deliverance type

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Saltysam on February 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Lehosh on February 26, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Years ago, NPR made at least one broadcast in which the newsreader made a point of drilling listeners ears with the full name of George Herbert Walker Bush, over and over. The articulation was careful and slow, as if to say, “This is your talking point, troops; don’t miss my meaning.”

Kralizec on February 26, 2008 at 11:57 PM

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 11:11 PM
You mean like this?:

Cunningham is frightening, like a Hillbilly – deliverance type

AprilOrit on February 26, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Saltysam on February 26, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Yep, he is shaming John McCain, schtupping him if you will, hillbilly style. I mean how embarrassing, calling out someone because of their name, which they have no control over? You cannot think that’s clever?? LOLOLOLOL

Shame on Cunningham, his two rows of teeth and that well hidden tail.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Oops, I forgot, also the well hidden supernumerary man nipple….

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Michael Dale Huckabee
44th President of the United States

Red Pill on February 27, 2008 at 1:17 AM

His name IS Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Deal with it.

Barack. HUSSEIN. Obama.

Spanglemaker on February 27, 2008 at 9:20 AM

this makes me feel 2 ways, and like most things in life, it’s conflicting.

On the one hand I think this guy is a friggin putz for doing this (the talk show guy, not McCain)…It’s in the same spirit as the picture of the Traditional Somali Dress. Using the guys NAME against him…C’mon!! Total bush league stuff there.

On the other hand…if people are actually stupid enough to be influenced by a name, well then I just don’t know what to say about that…

If you’re dumb enough NOT to vote for someone because their name is Hussein…then you’re too dumb to really grasp anything else, and probably too dumb to even realize when you’re being lied to. Playing to the lowest common denominator has won a LOT of elections…and right now that LCD is fear.

All this said, I don’t think McCain was wrong in calling him out on it. After all is WAS a bush league move. And I don’t mean the sitting President.

beefytee on February 27, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Well, look at it this way. If Barack wins the election, he will be sworn in on his full name.

What happened to Ambinder’s column? Pulled so quickly…

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 9:33 AM

His name IS Barack HUSSEIN Obama. Deal with it.

Barack. HUSSEIN. Obama.

Spanglemaker on February 27, 2008 at 9:20 AM

How about sabotaging The Party? The fact that he is eluding to the fact that Barack Obama wants to become President to take over the gov’t is ridiculous. The fact that he believes that Obama is some kind of renegade Muslim, which has be debunked over and over, and takes it a step further by attending a Republican Rally for our candidate and attempts to plant this seed into the minds of the Republicans attending that rally is even sicker.

How insulting to his fellow Republicans. In other words Bill Cunningham assumes most Republicnas are morons and are ignorant enough to believe that because Barack Obama’s father gave him his name at birth this means we are all in danger??

You cannot honestly tell me the all of you who think what he did is/was clever and that you willingly accept this treatment of yourselves by him and Ann Coulter?

I’m going with Captain Ed on this one….

It’s sloppy, it’s lazy and lends nothing to the debate; just like we always tell the otherside over and over again….

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 9:34 AM

According to the internet: The name means the following:

Hussein male Arabic handsome one

Darn, Barack “handsome one” Obama, such an insult. (rolls eyes)

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on February 27, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Let me state one more thing on this topic. McCain was NOT attacking JUST the three name reference to Obama. He was distancing himself from the radio gutter talk that has no place in a civilized political campaign. And I’m sick and tired of hearing 550KFYI Phoenix morning bigot, Bruce Jacobs spend an entire morning (today) blaming McCain for everything he sees wrong with illegals in the country. He has become what he hates and he’s doing it quite illogically.

ilitigant on February 27, 2008 at 9:42 AM

What’s worse is that this is all the usual Lee Atwater-Rovian text book dirty politicing technique used for years, i.e. that Republicans are stupid enough to buy it hook line and sinker and actually believe it.

It’s assuming that there are ignorant people running wild through out the Party who believe what they are told. no matter how ridiculous it may sound, i.e., faulting another human being for their birth name which they had no control over.

It’s insulting and it’s about time people in the GOP stand up and realize they are being made fools of. Talk about values.

But the idea that Bill Cunningham got even with the enemy, no matter how cheap and tawdry, is all that matters.

The general public of any political bent is very aware of dirty politicing and they are rejecting it.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Allah- What up with the erased comments???

There’s lots of em missin’ from earlier this mornin’. Not just this thread either. Sombody hackin’ here too???

Ex-tex on February 27, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Ex-tex on February 27, 2008 at 9:55 AM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM

So, are you saying that using someone’s middle name is “dirty politics” now? Please.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t vote for anyone for President. No matter which of these clowns get elected, we’re all doomed anyway. I’m not voting for Pres, but will focus on congress instead. If we can get enough conservatives in the House and Senate, maybe we can keep these people from completely destroying America as we know it.

jdawg on February 27, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Could somebody send me a copy…
of the new politically-correct rules for conservative Thought/Speech?

Mine doesn’t include the MIDDLE NAME RULE. And, man, I DO NOT wanna git thrown under the bus!

Ex-tex on February 27, 2008 at 10:14 AM

the radio gutter talk that has no place in a civilized political campaign

ilitigant on February 27, 2008 at 9:42 AM

I agree. We need a Federal Commission on Proper Civilized Political Campaign Speech.

Long overdue.

About 232 years overdue…

Saltysam on February 27, 2008 at 10:22 AM

First point if order for the Federal Commission on Proper Civilized Political Campaign Speech:

Develop legislation that reads:

A spoken or written reference to any person’s name running for office may not be used if there is a potential for the receiver of information to interpret it is an implied reference to the candidate’s background.

Saltysam on February 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM

If this is McCain in primary season, imagine what he will be like in the general election season. Don’t refer to him as HUSSEIN, don’t ask his qualifications, don’t bring up his experience, don’t question his drug use, don’t bring up his Muslim ties, don.t bring up ties to questionable rich business donors. I believe I will go along with the previous mention, Barry O’Bama, just a good half Irish kid trying to get ahead.Boy, reflection of Dole/Kemp, no references or questions about Bubba’s past. Well you let the MSM pick the republican candidate, this is what you get.

pueblo1032 on February 27, 2008 at 10:40 AM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM

jdawg on February 27, 2008 at 9:58 AM

That is not what I said at all, I said I’m going with Captain Ed on this one…. read it again so you get exactly what Cunningham did –

Let’s just start off by acknowledging what Cunningham didn’t or wouldn’t admit — the emphasis on “Hussein” in remarking about Obama isn’t intended on ensuring proper identification. It’s a rather naked and intellectually dishonest way to play on the Obama-as-crypto-Muslim meme and/or engage in a little free association with Saddam. It’s a clever ploy, one that allows the purveyor to say (as Cunningham did later), “Hey, I’m just using his real name!” as a dodge for what he really had in mind.

It’s high time good people are not taken in as morons, yourself included, myself included. It has nothing to do with his name at all, it’s all about Cunnungham’s intent and delivery.

I’s like one saying that John Wayne is a girlie man becaus his real birth is Marion, and because of that name he does not live up to the rugged American icon that we remember.

You are far from stupid, and so am I. We all know what Cunningham thought he was accomplishing – it didn’t work and it will continue to backfire.

I hear Turd Blossom isn’t down with it either….

“The context was, you’re not going to stimatize this guy. You shouldn’t underestimate him,” one of the executive directors said. Rove said that the use of “Barack Hussein Obama” would perpetuate the notion that Republicans were bigoted and would hurt the party.”

Exactly my other point I. The Party is at stake here and any Right Wing Fringe character that tries to destroy the GOP should be taken out. It should not and can not be tolerated.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Next stop: Don’t post H’s pictures because posting them is implying he’s black. Which is racist and bigoted of course.

This is exactly how the libs are gonna campaign, they will pull the rug under ANY kind of negative campaigning by accusations of racism and bigotry. And instead of putting a stop to it NOW by standing to it and stating there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying his middle name to ridicule him, the RNC idiots are playing to their hands.

Aristotle on February 27, 2008 at 11:40 AM

the radio gutter talk that has no place in a civilized political campaign.

ilitigant on February 27, 2008 at 9:42 AM

While your shutting up these “gutter talk” merchants maybe you can shut down anyone speaking out against the poor “undocumented Americans”. Everyone knows they are nativist, racist, bigots and such. Maybe you can get on the Kucinich wagon and get this Fairness Doctrine enacted so the “loud people” will “calm down”.

sarcasm off

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Aristotle on February 27, 2008 at 11:40 AM

William F Buckley started a great movement, it’s sad in the year 2008 we get stuck with smear merchants like Cunningham who cannot win the debate on their intellectual merits.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM

You are right, i can’t wait to see how McCain uses his “intellectual merits” to beat The Messiah’s pumped up public image.

Aristotle on February 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM

What’s with the “F?” How dare you use “F” in his name. I know what you are insinuating, you don’t fool me.

[trivial and silly ain't it?]

geckomon on February 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM

What a bunch of fucking wusses so many of you are!

So afraid of calling things the way they are.

Let’s see who get’s the best ratings:

Right wing figures are set to ignore Rove’s advice. Rush Limbaugh used Obama’s middle name more than a year ago, and Ann Coulter regularly uses the middle name, once calling him “President Hussein.” So does Michael Savage, who once asked whether Obama was a “so-called friendly Muslim” or one more “radical.”

Rush used his name, again, yesterday and complained about the fact that there are so few people willing to fight the true conservative cause, quote:

RUSH: Now, for the past two days, I have been lamenting the fact that the Republican Party is officially — well, not officially yet, but people behind the scenes at the RNC are leaking this without attribution, they’re deeply strategerizing how to criticize Obama without running the risk of being accused of racism and bigotry and all of that, which is another reason why I want to extend Hillary’s run here so that Obama gets bloodied up because it’s apparent that the Republicans aren’t going to bloody him up.

In fact, yesterday in the opening monologue, I repeated, reprised, the question I so often ask of people to take time to consider:

How is it that in less than 250 years a population of less than 300 million has come to be so dominant the world?

Never before in human history has there been an America, not even close, and we’re no different than anybody else in terms of DNA and humanity.

We’re no different. How has this happened? What’s the reason? There are substantive reasons. I got an e-mail from a guy responding to this:

Don’t forget that Rush has better ratings and makes more money than all of you, because of calling things for what they are, starting from only one radio station.

Don’t forget that that ACE of Spades won the conservative blogger of the year at CPAC for the same reasons.

The truth of the matter is the rest of you pundits and commentators are just a bunch of peon copy cats trying to be relevant.

Screw all of you.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Baldilocks

I do apologize for the miscommunication between us.

BL@KBIRD on February 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Not a miscommunication. However I will accept your apology.

baldilocks on February 27, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM

So you believe the true Coneservative cause laid out by William F Buckley was to chastice people for a name given to them by somebody else and that we are all morons and we will all believe that because this name he was given at birth by his father means he is a Muslim ready to become POTUS to overthrow America and spread jihad through out the 4 corners of the world?? LOLOLOLOLOL .

You can’t be duped so easily, can you?

So let me get this straight – you want all of us to envy Rush Limabugh for naming Barack Obama’s middle name so Muslim panic can be spread across America?? LOLOLOLOL

Or you you want all of us to envy Rush Limabugh for naming Barack Obama’s middle name so Muslim panic can be spread across America and Barack Obama is ridiculed and bullied in the process?? LOLOLOLOL

So this is all about bullying and shaming someone for a name they were given at birth by a parent?

You just lost your silly arguement.

Screw all of you.

But you are screwing the GOP in the long run, so please stop.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Dear Rush: I agree that freedom is first and foremost the reason America is exceptional. But there’s another thing which is born of freedom that makes America exceptional. America is the greatest collection of ass-whooping warriors the earth has ever seen, from a ragtag bunch of drunks, old men, and youth, the Continental army defeated the greatest empire in the world, at the time to earn independence. We repelled the nation a second time in 1812.

The story goes on over and over the same way until the 1960s and the rule of liberalism. World War I, World War II, you name it, we are a nation of warriors.
.(end of email)

(Rush speaking):
He is exactly right. This is from William, he’s a subscriber to Rush 24/7. But he’s exactly right. We are a nation of warriors, for good.

We liberate the oppressed, we do not conquer.

The reason that his e-mail resonated is that our political party, the Republican Party, has no warriors, in the political sense.

None.

None are willing to fight the premise of liberalism.

None are willing to fight the premise behind the liberal Democrat agenda.

Well, there are exceptions to this.

John Boehner right now is doing something very good in the House.

He is trying to humiliate the Democrats into voting for the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) that the Senate passed. So there are spurts of it.

But of course we never see Republicans on TV attacking liberals the way we are constantly attacked.

We don’t have warriors. We have some, they’re just not in elected office, at least federally.

I think there are some effervescence out there, if you will, in the warriors class in the state legislatures, governors mansions, and this sort of thing, but it is an excellent point, and here is an illustration of what I’m talking about.

Quit being such fucking wusses people, that is, if you wish to have the same country that you inherited, for your grandchildren.

Until you castrati decide to get your balls back from Hillary and grow some spine, screw you.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 1:41 PM

But you are screwing the GOP in the long run, so please stop.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 1:39 PM

The GOP as defined by your catrasti ilk does not represent the true conservative values that are the founding principles of this country.

So yeah, screw them, until they get their balls back from Hillary’s testicle lock box.

Screw you, too. I’m not stopping.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Oh please be gone with you, you have no power here with you nasty threats. I don’t screw morons or fringe elements who found their way into the GOP.

The founding principles of this country and true conservatism does not lie in bigotry, fear and hate mongering and bully tactics.

You are not thinking of the founding fathers you are thinking of The Crown.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Cuningham and people like him are the reason the GOP is in trouble.

TroubledMonkey on February 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Oh please be gone with you, you have no power here with you nasty threats.
AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

You have no power here, either.

And I wasn’t and am not threatening anyone. I’m just calling you castrati for what you are… wimps and afraid of the raw truth, as differentiated from the brave as mentioned above.

Accusing me and others like me, of bigotry, fear/hate mongering and bully tactics is being the bully here. Such is your castrati type… you have a wonderful sounding musical voice with a beautiful tone to it, but, you are devoid of any substance.

Anyway, I have work to do and have no time for this shit – castrati dominated blog – anymore.

So have a nice life.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Cuningham and people like him are the reason the GOP is in trouble.

TroubledMonkey on February 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Thank you – it’s the harvest of 28 years of getting bigots and misguided fringe elements to vote Republican.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Cuningham and people like him are the reason the GOP is in trouble.

TroubledMonkey on February 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Attitudes like yours is why we have McCain. If you can’t fight for your principles, get out of the way and let the rest of us.

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 2:21 PM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM

So were all bigots if were not a gutless moderate. You certainly have your candidate.

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM

I have to say, Cunningham is a bit ‘tarded. However, this little apology/distancing session that McShamnesty trotted out here is even more so. What a goon. What wonderful choices we have for President this year. Left, Lefter, and Leftiest.

Vaporman87 on February 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 2:21 PM

They and their ilk have found a great castrati infested blog to hang out, so I say let them have fun and games while it lasts… and let them “rot in hell” later.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM

What’s the raw truth?? Can you at least tell us what this fear based truth is?

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM

What’s the raw truth?? Can you at least tell us what this fear based truth is?

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Right there you have just exposed yourself for the ignoramus that you are, whether you asked it in snide, jest, or out of real curiosity.

What a pathetic piece of shit cesspool collection of antique castrati this blog has become. There was a lot of hope for this blog originally, but now it’s as rat infested as a New York RINO alley, before a conservative principled mayor cleaned it up.

What a pathetic waste of bandwidth this is now.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM

William F Buckley applauded warriors, not wusses who made fun of someone’s middle name or bigots who ran amuck screaming fire in the hall. That’s not fighting for freedom, that’s acting like high school allover again.

If you think being free means acting like you are back in high school making fun of someone’s name, so be it. LOL

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:41 PM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 2:41 PM

The problem here is you are trying to say he – Bill Cunningham – was making fun of his name, when he was just calling him by his real name.

But don’t expect castrati like you to know the difference.

It’s only castrati like you that are offended by the truth, cry foul and accuse others of bigotry, racism, fear/hate mongering and bully tactics when it’s spoken.

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Oh come on, regarding just calling him by his name – even Captain Ed said that wasn’t the case.

He was evoking his real name to riducule him and to instill Muslim panic in the hearts of minds of the mindless across America, which is obviously believes the GOP is full of, and you know that. Even Neal Cavuto called Coulter on the carpet for doing it.

Let me ask you this – by reciting his real name over and over – what do you want and expect to achieve? And don’t tell me freedom of speech….

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM

hicsuget on February 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I had the book “Little Black Sambo” when I was a child. It was one of my favorites. I never heard the term “sambo” used as reference to anything. It was a good story. Oh well.

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Oops…link didn’t work. Here it is:

Little Black Sambo

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM

And I collect black memorabilia, I see nothing wrong with that, liking Little Black Sambo or collecting Mammy Doolies makes a bigot not.

But intentionally trying to demean or shame someone whether it be Barack Obama or the Duke LaCrosse players or someone who is different than us is wrong across the board.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM

to demean or shame

I don’t think the purpose was to demean or shame.

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM

to demean or shame
I don’t think the purpose was to demean or shame.

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Then what is it?

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 3:40 PM

DaveS on February 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM

You, sir, are a freaking idiot. Moderate this. There are many politicans that are referred to with their middle name included: George Hurbert Walker Bush, or HW Bush for short, or George Walker Bush, or Dubya for for short, or William Jefferson Clinton. Now I can see differentiing between the Bushes but why the heck does they media use Bill Clinton’s middle name? Dude, if he doesn’t like his middle name, he should have changed it before he entered politics. People are gonna use it and not for the nefarious reasons everyone keeps stating.

Conservative men, the new pu$$y-metro sexual males of my generation. If this is sling mud at your candidate then we might as well just pack it up and start agreeing right now with the left: No matter what you say and how you say it, if you’re on the right you are a racist, sexist, bigoted, macca hating, homophobe.

Can we move on now?

Sultry Beauty on February 27, 2008 at 3:53 PM

I for one, have moved on now.

I don’t need to peruse this RINO, wussy, castrati rat infested blog anymore.

It’s been two weeks since I even clicked on this damn cesspool.

I did today, just to see if anything has changed, but lo and behold… it’s the same ole shit, just another day!

I have graduated from the HotAir University with a major in snark!

So better congratulate me now, because in only a few minutes I will check out – as soon as my laundry is done – never to return for all I care.

Have a nice life “rotting in hell” you wusses, and oh, by the way…
Screw you!

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

DaveS on February 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM

But he did use it for nefarious reasons. Once everyone gets it, then we can move on.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 4:32 PM

I was actually trying my best to accept the fact we conservatives may need to vote for this sham of a Republican for the presidency..then he goes and opens his nasty, mean, left wing, conservative hating mouth again…and throws is opening act under the bus(Straight talk my butt). Looked to me he was more interested in kissing the a$$ of Hussien and Rotten than once again being a conservative. I really don’t think i can force myself to vote for this angry old man(save your comments about me saying that, i’m 62). Vote hard right the rest of ticket for sure.
Not only did he throw the guy under the bus he lied about not knowing who is is…according to B.C. he’s meet with McShame twice and broke bread. McShame is a farce…he’s not a RINO he is an full fledged left wing liberal.

oldernslower on February 27, 2008 at 4:36 PM

So basically, from watching McCain kiss up to the media, we have Democratic choices for President this year:

- Tweedle Dee (John McCain)
- Tweedle Dumb (Hillary Clinton)
or
- Tweedle Dumber (Barack Obama)

Cunningham didn’t say anything different than he has for the months leading up to his appearance and TV or his radio show, yet he got ripped for say “Barack Hussein Obama”. Why is it sin to say Barack’s full name, yet it was never a proble for the following ex-Presidents:

Ronald Wilson Reagan
George Herbert Walker Bush
William Jefferson Clinton
George Walker Bush

or the following candidate:

John Sidney McCain
Hillary Rodham Clinton

It’s also funny how some piece of third rate gossip from 10 years ago about McCain can make the front page news of the NY Times, yet no one can bring up Obama’s dealings with a slum lord in Chicago without being castigated.

This electon has taken a twist for the truly weird.

Planet Boulder on February 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Muslim panic. Panic. PANIC. That is so funny.

RushBaby on February 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Muslim panic. Panic. PANIC. That is so funny.

RushBaby on February 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I am not intetrested in being rendered stupid by the likes of Bill Cunningham quite frankly. It what does he mean by Chicago type? Where did that come from??

I thought the 9/11 Truther Movement was bad, now we have The Far Right making us believe a 1960s Rockwellian-like conspiracy theory about Barack Obama, and the yahoos who somehow found their way into the GOP are insulted.

I can see a 50s style cartoon postcard with an outhouse and a shack and a still up on the porch…

Run Grandpaw, them thar mooslims are a comin’ up yonder, red up the ruum and git grandmaw and the kids down yonder to da cellar to safety…them thar turbin wearin’ varmits are goin’ git us

So hilarious.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Are we allowed to call him a liberal? Is that childish also? What ever you do, don’t offend anyone! And no more of this Billy Jeff stuff around here, your gonna hurt the feelings of us Southerners.

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Mcguyver on February 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

I haven’t laughed out loud that hard over here in a while. I’m usually pulling on my beautiful, long hair, cussing, or crying.

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 6:01 PM

That’s so Spot On. Thank you for saying that. It’s okay for AP to make all sorts of snide remarks about Fred Thompson’s Southern speak but anything else is beneath us and juvenile? What’s so strange about that is that’s taking the lefts ‘perceptions’ and hold them as our own. Is it true that the only people worthy of ridicule is Southern, Christian, White Men because they’re racist, bigoted, macca hating, homophobes? Maybe that’s the REAL PROBLEM. We conservative right wingers DEEP DOWN believe the left’s tripe and that’s why we feel like we need to bend over backward to accomodate them. Reminds me of a skit on The Late, Late Show with Craig Kilborn showing a bullseye on Bush with the words, “Snipers Wanted”. Class Act, and when our guys go on Bill Maher they agree with him. HAH! GOP needs a real house cleaning of late.

Sultry Beauty on February 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM

HAH! GOP needs a real house cleaning of late.

God if I was a Southern, Christian, White Man I could rule the world.

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Mcguyver, Big Orange, & Sultry Beauty want a presidential candidate who burps, farts, & uses immature language. Most of the USA wants one who is a role model & a leader.

jgapinoy on February 27, 2008 at 9:13 PM

jgapinoy on February 27, 2008 at 9:13 PM

No I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy around here on the name calling. I also think I can speak for McGuyver and Sultry Beauty when I say I would like to have a conservative for a president, not someone who wants to “reach across the isle” and compromise everything we’ve worked our buts off for.

Juan McCain loves to throw people who try to support him under the ole “straight talk express” and reach over and give you and other liberals a big kiss. How about this: Try winning the White House without us sunshine. It ain’t gonna happen.

Big Orange on February 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Then what is it?

AprilOrit on February 27, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Red flag. To be considered or not.

Go ahead and have the last word.

Connie on February 27, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I’d like to personally apologize for anything that anybody ever says about Obama ever in the future about him ever because he’s Barack Obama the “Magic Negro” and he’s above reproach! John McCain…

sabbott on February 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM