Hillary whines: I always get the first question

posted at 10:12 pm on February 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

Dear god, she didn’t actually bring up the SNL sketch again, did she?

Comments

No longer available? That’s ok. I can’t stand listening to her any more than I have to. Remember, it’s just possible that we’ll have to listen to her at the bully pulpit for 4 years.

Sloan Morganstern on February 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Oops. My bad.

Sloan Morganstern on February 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

What’s wrong with fielding the question first? You get to set the tone. Hillary, what a lame whine.

Spirit of 1776 on February 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM

I must confess, I howled when I saw that. Yes, I’m watching and reading MM’s live Blog.

WayWard Fundamentalist Christian on February 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM

From her facial expression, it seems like she was trying to tell a joke?

funky chicken on February 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM

she must be furious at being treated like a repub. by media. hilarious

jp on February 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM

That was one of the funniest skits I’ve seen in recent years on SNL (which I guess isn’t saying much). I laughed my head off.

I can’t bear to watch the real debate. I recorded AI on my DVR, so I’ll go watch that…

acleaver on February 26, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Yeesh. I guess she didn’t win many points with that one.

flipflop on February 26, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Holy crap! Quit yer damn whining and answer!!
What the heck kind of leadership does that show, if she’s whining about a dang question?!?!?!

ToddonCapeCod on February 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Yeesh. That was painful to watch. I think she was playing for laughs, but it sounded like a temper tantrum.

The skit was funny, but you can only ride that bicycle so far.

joewm315 on February 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Well this night was superb,the video buffered in and
out during the debate,anyhow.

Yup,the SNL was in play,and she is their Liberal Queen!

canopfor on February 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

McCain would crush her in the general

jp on February 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Wind Rider on February 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM

She has a tiny point there. Answering second ensures you are not going to go blank on the interviewer. The other guy will provide the minimal context. Like what’s going on in Russia. I was somewhat impressed she could meaningfully respond.

But at any case it’s not something you complain about publicly.

freevillage on February 26, 2008 at 10:30 PM

If she “didn’t mind”, then why bring it up? If she is sincerely “curious” as to why, then why not ask for the reasoning (back questioner up against the wall)? If it’s been happening repeatedly at the “last several debates”, then why not deal with that behind the scenes and take care of it in advance?

Again, shows that Cankles is weak, undisciplined, whiney, and unorganized (on top of everything else).

nottakingsides on February 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Does she want to be our diplomatic face to the world?
Not exactly an Iron Lady…

Tzetzes on February 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM

That was quick. . .Video no longer available

Texyank on February 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM

don’t they usually decide that via coin toss or something?

Midas on February 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Being asked first means that you have to think and speak quickly and decisively on your feet.

“Madame President! We’ve been attacked again! Lead the country! What’s our first move?”

“You know, I’m really getting tired of being asked first…”

AmericanDad on February 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Hillary whines: I always get the first question

Latter Hillary whines: You never ask me first!

You take them out dancing and they say they wanted to go to a movie.

You take them to a movie and they say that wanted to go out dancing.

Women. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

MB4 on February 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Okay, am I getting this right?

The woman who wants to be leader of the free world is whining when asked to go first. It’s not like she was asked to do the dishes or clean up after the menfolk! She was asked a legitimate question that one would ask of any candidate. She should be chomping at the bit to go first! (horse comparison intentional)

Would a President Hillary Clinton lead or would she whine that she couldn’t respond to the terrorist attack on American soil until the UN weighed in? I’ve got to conclude the latter. John McCain is an unelectable old man but he certainly wouldn’t whine that Huckabee didn’t get the first question.

highhopes on February 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Video no longer available

conservnut on February 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Video’s fixed.

Allahpundit on February 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Ladies first?

Oh, right, that wouldn’t work in her case.

profitsbeard on February 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Video no longer available

conservnut on February 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM

OK, avalible now.

Oh my god! Did she really say that? What dork told her to bring that up?????????

Stick a fork in her boys, she’s done

conservnut on February 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM

She got the closing question, too. No complaints there.

SouthernGent on February 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Hell hath no wrath like Hillary when she returns to the Senate after a nomination arse-whoopin. God save the republic.

Sugar Land on February 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Is this streaming someplace? I checked PMSNBC and no see.

baldilocks on February 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM

baldilocks on February 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Was. Over now, but they’ll have it up in its entirety soon.

Spirit of 1776 on February 26, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Right. And takes away the option of sticking your finger in the wind to frame your answer based on your opponents response and the audience’s reaction.

That’s why she was pissed. I mean, geez. She’s thinking, “How can I customize a pandering response when I can’t hear Bambi’s first”?

BacaDog on February 26, 2008 at 10:52 PM

What a b….!I,m with highhopes on this!

beachkatie on February 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM

The Best Advice for Hillary: Get some of your damn supporters to the damn debate! Tonight and in Texas, it’s like Hillary supporters weren’t allowed in. It was a pretty darn good comeback, but, crickets…. Oh well, Mav will destroy either one of them. It’s over.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

She got the closing question, too. No complaints there.

SouthernGent on February 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM

OOOOOOOHHHHH!

Excellent point! Hillary has never complained in getting the last word/shot in all these meaningless debates.

highhopes on February 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I don’t know why it is but all I have to do is ask for something over and over and over and over again and before you know it people just seem to give me what I want. I just have to ask over and over and over and over and over again…..Can that fishwife voice get any more grating and can she whine any more?

flytier on February 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Just think how she’ll feel when Osama Obama gets the nomination and no one is asking her any questions….

MrScribbler on February 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM

She’s absolutely right in what she said, but she’s wrong in saying it. If she was Republican, she would have learned how to deal with it by now.

jgapinoy on February 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Hillary now knows how it feels to be GOP with MSM attacks and bias.

Dennis D on February 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM

wow…what a complainer…You would think she would have something more important to complain about? She sounds like a little kid up there…

noodlehead on February 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Man is she annoying. That was her lame-ass attempt at humor and only a slight groan could be heard in response.

Tobias2012 on February 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Did they put more blush on her cheeks during that last commercial break?

evenkeel on February 26, 2008 at 11:30 PM

That wasn’t humor and it was no way to get sympathy. Frustration shining through. A sure sign of the end. Bye bye Hillary.

Ordinary1 on February 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Awkward. She seemed to be waiting for a laugh? If so, awkward. If not, why would she think this was a good way to start the debate? Either way, the meltdown is in full swing.

ReaganEvangelical on February 26, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Who’s advising her? I’m not even in politics and I know whining goes over like a fart in church concerning politics… but answering a question forcefully and with convition put’s your opponent on the defensive. I guess she skipped that class in “Democratic Presidential Candidate” school.

Hog Wild on February 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM

She’s mad.

The country owes her…OWES her the Presidency.

How dare this country not deliver.

Ingrates.

Montana on February 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM

She gets the first question because the rule is “age before beauty” …

lgdaub on February 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM

whoever told her to complain about being asked questions first did her a real disservice. She looked ridiculous….even if its true.

Those same a-holes always picked on Mitt that same way…always going to him first with the hardest questions cause they knew Mitt ruled as far as republicans go…and it worked.

Roger Waters on February 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM

nottakingsides on February 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Precisely! One of those non-denial denials

infidelpride on February 27, 2008 at 1:47 AM

McCain would crush her in the general

jp on February 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

McCain will crush either one of the extreme left wing wackos that the liberals have set forth.

Chakra Hammer on February 27, 2008 at 1:52 AM

After the 2006 election I can remember the detestable Lawrence O’Donnell went on tv and said this proves that Karl Rove wasn’t the political genius that people thought. If the Democrat primary has done anything it has proven that the Clinton’s aren’t the best political minds out there. People are sick and tired of their cute little act and I think a lot of Democrats have finally seen the Clinton’s for the political hacks that they are.

Our great President Lincoln summed it up best: “You can fool some people all of the time, and all people some of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.”

Reaganite84 on February 27, 2008 at 10:13 AM

That was brutal. I thought I would enjoy seeing HRC’s campaign being reduced to a smoldering pile whining and desperation, but her ineptitude has made me feel a twinge of – dare I say – sympathy for her.

I wish she would just end it already so people could stop talking about her and start ripping into Obama’s shady past and paper-thin record.

Johnny C. on February 27, 2008 at 11:15 AM

For the first time since Monica I’m embarrassed for her.

Chuck Schick on February 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM

That went over like a lead ballon. They will mark this as the end of her presidential bid.

RobCon on February 27, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Who will ask the final question?

Wade on February 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Reaganite84 on February 27, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Once BarackObama pulls out of Iraq, and it rapidly devolves back into dictatorship and genocide, George Bush’s legacy will disappear in a puff of smoke.

So then we’ll be left with Karl Rove’s legacy: two skin-of-his-teeth victories against utterly uncharismatic and marginally competant political opponents. Which in turn led to the nomination of an even MORE “compassionately triangulating” conservative, followed by a Democrat landslide.

logis on February 27, 2008 at 5:25 PM

The President shouldn’t have to answer any questions first? I guess she’s a follower and not of a leader.

Dollayo on February 28, 2008 at 1:41 AM