Escalation: Warner sends letter to Obama asking for more information on Taliban ammo story

posted at 6:57 pm on February 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

The Standard’s got a copy, in which Warner promises to ask Gen. Casey and the secretary of the Army about it at next week’s Armed Services Committee hearing. Obama was right — he really is bringing Republicans and Democrats together:

What I need from you are the essential facts of when — the dates — the unit was deployed, to which brigade combat team, or other unit it was assigned, the name and current location of the captain, or other military personnel who shared the alleged facts with you, so that committee staff can debrief them.

Either this gets blown out of the water as nonsense or it gets the attention equipment shortfalls deserve. Good news either way. Thanks, Messiah!

Update: If this is a political ploy designed to benefit McCain, it’s exceedingly foolish. Obama can surely round up some stories of Afghan vets being underequipped even if his own source won’t go on the record. It’s an easy way to shore up his credibility as being pro-troop even if he isn’t pro-war.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

In the beginning my parents were supporting Rudy, they know him and love him, I was not.

AprilOrit on February 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Your parents sound smart. >:}

You should probably listen to them.

Chakra Hammer on February 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Chakra:

Rudy was not my choice, though you know my feelings about him.

I think Romney stood above most of the field IMHO, but I was absolutely amazed at the way he was treated by the establishment.

Seriously, I’m usually pretty good at seeing what’s coming, but I was truly blindsided by the way he was treated.

That was disgusting.

Saltysam on February 23, 2008 at 11:14 PM

April:

Sounds like you were on the right track. You looked over the candidates, and you finally went with Fred.

Fred was my man, too (I turned to Romney after Fred dropped out). Fred had SO much potential. What a huge let down.

Don’t listen to Chakra ;-). Your parents confused love with politics. You did your homework, and found a conservative’s conservative.

The MSM picked the candidate for the GOP, and so we get what we deserve for that. Instead of being good high ground, we find ourselves down in a bad spot and forced to “take that hill”. Well…I’m ready, because I know nothing else, but to fight for it.

Don’t think for a minute that this Obama can’t be beat. There is always, always, always, a way to win. Obama is a paper tiger, an empty suit with a pretty face.

He’s no John Kennedy. Kennedy was a genuine, bonafide war hero, and this is NOT the Kennedy/Nixon debate. Let the MSM think that, they always miscalculate.

I’ll fight for McCain, because he fought for me, and I love crushing commie/socialists. If McCain loses, I’ll be fighting every day until the day I die. I’ll never give up.

And if McCain wins, well then, the fight has just begun.

Saltysam on February 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Saltysam, if you could define “Conservative” for us I’d love to hear about it and debate it with you..

Chakra Hammer on February 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Saltysam on February 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM

I hope you are right, I am feeling so blue about all of it. I called my mom tonight and was crying on the phone, I just broke down. We are all getting together tomorrow, the whole family, for brunch and the museum. This whole election process has me disconnected from my family which I think is adding to the horrible feelings about this Obama character and making me feel terrible.

Regarding Rudy, I saw right through him, my parents know him so they could not be objective. I’ve met him in passing, he wasn’t for me.

Tomorrow is another day and as Michelle said last week – there is more to life than politics and getting bent out of shape about it all. We’ll sit down tomorrow and I know my parents are behind John McCain completely. My siblings I am worried about, we’ll see. I have to remember that I am not in charge, I have to let go and let people make their own decisions. If my brother is going to be stupid enough to vote for Obama then let him do it, there is nothing I can do. This is what he has been saying. He has been threatening to change his affiliation to Democrat for a while now and my mom hinted to me tonight that my dad thinks he already has and hasn’t told us.

I am just so upset about the GOP in general and the way the public has been sucked in, I was telling my mother this on the phone. She told me she understood, she felt the same way with the bruhaha over Kennedy. She said it made her and her family heart sick, but she didn’t allow it to get to her.

I think she is right, or I know she is right. I need to step back and trust that God will make it all OK, or I am going to make myself sick. And I will just have to try to deal with my brother’s craziness. He is my twin, so it is really going to be hard to handle.

AprilOrit on February 24, 2008 at 1:37 AM

See April i didn’t even know what your parents were thinking at this moment and again, like I said..

Your parents sound like some smart people, maybe listen to some or their input.

McCain, what is the alternative?

Obama? come on! get real..
empty platitudes, and soaring promises?
those are what begets horrible disasters and striking failures

Chakra Hammer on February 24, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Chakra Hammer on February 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM

You know, Chakra, I’d love to debate discuss it with you. I agree, it’s a slippery pig to grab. Isn’t it?

It’s also a big subject that covers many subjects. It would be nice to sit in a room and actually discuss it with hours dourvses (ahhh I can’t spell it), a few drinks, and good attitudes. This message board thing gets to be monotonous.

I’m just teasing you on Rudy. I said some pretty nice things about him to you the other day, remember?

Saltysam on February 24, 2008 at 2:20 AM

AprilOrit on February 24, 2008 at 1:37 AM

AprilOrit;

I’ve no idea your age, but you sound relatively young. A word of advice:

You need to make your own decisions on politics. Politics and families? Oh, could I tell you some stories. When you said you were crying, I could relate. I’m a pretty rough and tumble man in my 40s, but, I’ve cried about how politics has divided me with close members of my family. It can be devastating.

If I could relive the past, I would not argue politics with my family. It’s a dead end. Love them for who they are, because you love them for reasons that far outweigh the bumpy road of politics.

Chakra’s Right, yet Chakra’s wrong…

You should listen to your parents. But doing what they say in the voting booth? Rubbish. You do your research, stick to your convictions, and if you end up agreeing with your parents…well, enjoy life’s little bonuses. Otherwise, stick to questions like, at who’s house will we have Thanksgiving, and words like I love you, Mom. Trust me, life is way too short.

Saltysam on February 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Saltysam, I didn’t say to obey whatever they said in the voting booth..

I said, “maybe listen to some or their input”

Then form your own conclusions, but to throw out your parents input OR to not take it at all, especially if she is young.

May be seen as immature/rebellious or self centered.

Parents are people too, and after all they are just an older wiser version of her. ;)

Chakra Hammer on February 25, 2008 at 2:16 AM