Messiah’s wife: “Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed”

posted at 3:44 pm on February 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

Geraghty’s unnerved, I’m relieved. In fully a year of campaigning — against the Clinton machine no less — His Holiness hasn’t made a single noteworthy mistake that I can think of. Thank god/Obama she’ll be around on the trail periodically this summer stepping in it and creeping people out.

You think Bush expanded executive power? Dude:

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

In her defense, there must be a lot of pressure that comes with being the bride of the Lord Obama on earth. Exit question one: Hillary’s trying to keep it real but she’d require you to work too, wouldn’t she? Exit question two: Shouldn’t Barry O think about leveraging his messianism in costume form somehow? Nothing too obvious; I’m not asking for robes here. But what about a nice cape? Sandals instead of wingtips? C’mon.

Update: I imported the comments from the headlines item.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

From each according to their abilities,…

If she is saying this now, guess what is in her thesis, which will be locked up tighter than Hillary’s, for national security.

pedestrian on February 20, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Michelle Obama is beyond criticism in the MSM. Nobody will ask her if she was proud of the American troops who liberated Kuwait in 1990-91. Nobody will ask her if she gives George W. Bush any credit for tsunami relief. Nor will anybody ask her why she refuses to release her senior thesis. We all know that there is some inendiary rhetoric there. If Dick Cheney refused to release his preK report card, the MSM and CNN in particular would be demanding it.

Larraby on February 20, 2008 at 4:28 PM

FWIW, his name is Barack (6) Hussein (7) Obama (5). And no, he’s not the anti-Christ. He’s just a slick pol who will eventually be exposed as an empty suit.

sauropod on February 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Dude, the number of letters in his three names at least averages out to six!

Thought I’d point that out before Hillary does.

MrScribbler on February 20, 2008 at 4:29 PM

That’s quite the gangsta zoot suit Michelle O. is wearing.

I can just see her saying, “That a nice comfortable life you got there… be a shame if something were to happen to it…”

cool breeze on February 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM

He’s going to end bad hair days!
He’s going to make dogs and cats peacefully coexist!
He’s going to make your colored clothes brighter and your whites whiter!
I’m going to weep.

Sugar Land on February 20, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Too bad nobody snagged a copy of that thesis before it got embargoed.

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Jonathan!

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 4:32 PM

All the creatures of the earth, livin’ in harmony.

“Obama’s Ark”, eh?

Oh, joy.

Get ready for a train ride and a shower. Oh, and please take the gold out of your teeth first, or we can do that for you!

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Ahmadinejad, the guest lecturer at Columbia University, just referred to the State of Israel as a “filthy germ”. Un Secretary General Ban mustered up the nerve to say he would “discuss the matter” with the Iranians at the UN. But isn’t Ahmadinejad the same man Barack Obama said he would sit down with and reason with? Wonder why Obama is never asked whether, in light of Ahmadinejad’s recent statement that Israel is a filthy germ, Obama would now rule out meeting with Ahmadinejad? Hillary is too frozen in fear of angering Media Matters to ask the question that Bill, in 1992, probably would have asked a rival who favored meeting with Ahmadinejad. I am quite sure that Stephanopolous or Russert or Wolf Blitzer will ever ask the question.

Larraby on February 20, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Lady, go to preach that crap to Cuba. If I want to be uninformed and uninvolved is my right as an American.

Ropera on February 20, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I don’t know ’bout any of you people, but I worked my f’ing a$$ off to get into the comfort zone I now enjoy. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna be giving this up. F–k this be-otch and the horse she rode in on.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 20, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I for one welcome our new Democratic Overlords.

I was told there would be free cake.

natesnake on February 20, 2008 at 4:39 PM

Dear Hillary,

Thought you needed some ammo, so I started talking.

Enjoy,

Michelle Obama

fogw on February 20, 2008 at 4:43 PM

This is the true face of fascism in America.

We’ll take care of you, you will be happy, you will be a productive citizen, you will buy products but only from patriotic Blue Eagle corporations, because the Messiah of the New Youth Movement says so.

We’re screwed, and you know, it sucks, but hopefully the disaster that befalls America will force Americans to learn a little bit about politics. Maybe it’ll cause a reformation in the news media. Regardless, the citzenry have brought this on themselves. Liberals will vote a fascist into the White House, with a cheer and a clap and a great big smile on their face. Conservatives are apparently too busy bickering to stop it. So I guess we deserve it.

apollyonbob on February 20, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Michelle will make a great Secretary of Education.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 4:44 PM

this is getting creepy.

RobCon on February 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM

You know, I would fight to the death for everyone’s right not to care if I weren’t so apathetic about it.

JS on February 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Michelle will make a great Secretary of Education Re-education.

Nosferightu on February 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Prof Blather, I’ll take you up on that.

This woman is dangerous. Just think for a minute about the kind of mind that would give birth to words like this.

Everyone’s been calling Obama an empty suit. Well, his rhetoric may sound that way, but isn’t that the way all megalomaniacs get started, by saying nothing passionately and whipping people into a frenzy?

The Politico article I think someone referenced above describes truly cultic characteristics of his following.

“He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere,” George Clooney told talk show host Charlie Rose.

“I’ll do whatever he says to do,” actress Halle Berry said to the Philadelphia Daily News. “I’ll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear.”

Thousands of screaming, cheering, and sometimes even crying supporters regularly come out to hear him talk…

I mean, I know this is Hollywood talking, but this is truly nuts.

INC on February 20, 2008 at 4:51 PM

He’s going to bring John Ritter back to life!

Chuck Schick on February 20, 2008 at 4:56 PM

And the people want…

‘Make My Day’ McCain

or

‘Water Into Wine’ Obama

Like others have said. Take the year to build a hideout for your money, and your sanity. You’ll be glad you did.

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 4:58 PM

The creepy socialist tinge of this election is going to make a lot more people purchase firearms to protect themselves from what’s coming.

TexasJew on February 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Land, Bread, Peace
Obama ’08.
We need to collect some sort of “Quotations from Chariman B. Hussein Obama and General Secretary Michelle” somewhere. Its a revolution!

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Is it just me, or does Mrs. Obama make her husband sound like a Soviet style “Fearless Leader”?

What next?

President Obama says: DROP THAT COOKIE, FATSO!

SuperCool on February 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Michelle will make a great Secretary of Education Re-education.

It would be funny…if it wasn’t true.
So…the KMT had Taiwan. The conservatives can flee to….Prince Edward Island? The Virgin Islands? We’ve got another year to figure it out.

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:06 PM

You will be very informed, and involved in:

- how high your taxes will be
- how low your independence and freedom…
- how low your self-determination…
- how high your status in the commune…
- how low your significance in the commune…
- how involved the U.N. will be in making decisions on U.S. matters
- how to shut up about shamnesty and be happy
- how the U.S. as a country doesn’t need to exist
- how foreign consensus decides on all matters
- how international law is the only law
- how many very liberal Supreme Court justices there will be
- who will decide which doctor, if any, you will see, and who will decide which, if any treatment you will get
- what your children will be taught in school
- what the new ‘history’ will look like
- how to feel guilty about everything, especially succeeding on your own, based on your merits and hard work
- how we are all equal in the world, all of us
- how multi-culti you’re supposed to be
- how to be shunned for opposing anything
- on, and on, and on

And above all, how you as an individual have ‘died’.

Entelechy on February 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM

So I take it this ‘involvement’ will take the form of putting your W-2 and your PublicWorks time card on your 1040? ….eh….never fear….it can’t be any harder then faking a green card.

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM

What’s ironic is that most of Obama’s supporters are the most uninformed, uninvolved voters out there. These are people that are voting for the guy because he gave a good speech that they happened to catch a minute of while flipping to MTV.

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Maybe Barry is really the Anti-Christ and she’s the Whore of Babylon…

Regardless, she’s really starting to annoy me.

D2Boston on February 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I will not submit.

ThePrez on February 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM

So, when is BO going to negotiate that 7-year treaty with all the folks that want to nuke Israel?

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM

PublicWorks time card

Once again. Funny…..if it wasn’t true.

And above all, how you as an individual have ‘died’.

Yes, but now you are part of something bigger–The People’s Democratic Party led by our fearless leader, Chariman B. Hussein Obama!

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Maybe Barry is really the Anti-Christ and she’s the Whore of Babylon…

Regardless, she’s really starting to annoy me.

D2Boston on February 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM

My wife and I were discussing this very thing last night. There’s just too many wierd coincidences happening here.

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM

[Nosferightu on February 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM]

LOL, thanks for being an editorial layer.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 5:16 PM

[SuperCool on February 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM]

Oh, Michelle may make it appear now that Barack is Fearless Leader, but it’s a long way to November and I think Americans will realize by then that they are just Boris and Natasha.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Unrelated:
What ever happened to those daily Vent videos? We hardly ever getem’ nowadays.

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM

I don’t know…they’ve got this sort of Jim Jones hold on their supporters. I hope to God you’re right, but to quote the old axiom: “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.”

SuperCool on February 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM

There is nothing funny about this guy.

He wants his new socialized medicine program to focus on preventative medicine, “so that it is a health care management system, not a disease management system.”

What does that mean? You are too fat, we need to make you exercise to prevent you from getting heart disease and high blood pressure. You like red meat, too bad. We need to prevent your cholesterol from getting too high. You like mountain biking, too bad. It’s dangerous. You might skin your knee or break a leg — we have to prevent that. Smoking, well okay, that’s fine…

tommylotto on February 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Remember how Nelson Mandela sounded vaguely rational and Winnie was a complete loose-cannon nutjob?

Anyone else drawing similar parallels between them and the oBombers?

Spanglemaker on February 20, 2008 at 5:41 PM

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.”

Like the South Park truther bit. “Are you saying 40% of Americans are retards?” “At least 40%.”

malan89 on February 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Reply to my e-mail, inquiring about Her Majesty’s thesis:

Thank you for your inquiry of February 20 regarding the senior thesis of Michelle Robinson. At the request of Michelle Robinson Obama, her thesis has been temporarily withdrawn from all viewing or duplication. This restriction is scheduled to be lifted no later than November 5, 2008. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Cass Cliatt at the Office of Communications, 609-258-6108.

Sincerely,

Jennifer M. Cole

Public Policy Papers Project Archivist

Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library

65 Olden Street

Princeton, NJ 08540

609.258.6345

609.258.3385 (fax)

mudd@princeton.edu

franksalterego on February 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Smoking, well okay, that’s fine…

tommylotto on February 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Yeah, isn’t that what they always want to use to raise taxes to pay for health care for all the illegals?

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

they’ve got this sort of Jim Jones hold on their supporters

SuperCool on February 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Honestly, that is exactly who I thought of.

INC on February 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM

who = what

INC on February 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Sorry, I’m retired.
The rest of you; off to the collective!

Dave from Flint on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM

franksalterego on February 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Interesting – they gave no explanation or anything. Makes ya wanna go “hmmmmm….”

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Welcome to B.O. and Mama Michelle’s Magical Mystical Nanny Nation!

Where all your rock and roll dreams comes true!

Where B.O. and Mama Michelle knows what is best for you, even when you don’t!

Where there will be no want, no poverty, no pain!

Only hope, and prosperity, and peace.

And you old time Democrats thought Roosevelt promising you a chicken every pot and a car in every garage was a big deal!

Only one thing bothers me, just a tad.

Isn’t this the same thing Castro offered the Cubans way back when?

pilamaye on February 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM

It’s pretty simple on my end of the American dream. If I have to provide health insurance for 13 employees then there will be 13 more people on the public dole. Not cause I wanna, because I can’t. That also means thirteen more POd mortgage bankers/landlords, 39 or so POd credit card lenders, 20 or so repo’d cars, and a whole lotta voodoo dolls with my likeness on them.

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Fascism?

Ve Have Vays of making you get involved….

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on February 20, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Heard or read somewhere that his crowd gave him an ovation when he stopped to blow his nose, sheep being led to slaughter.

Les in NC on February 20, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Anyone else drawing similar parallels between them and the oBombers?

Spanglemaker on February 20, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Yesterday I started to say that she reminded me of Winnie Mandela but decided not to post my comment because I thought I’d be accused of being an extremist, since in her case there was violence involved. Glad you went for it! :)

I definitely see the liberal fascism thing too.

Buy Danish on February 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I for one welcome our new Democratic Overlords.

I was told there would be free cake.

The cake is a lie!

JasonG on February 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Obama’s wife is promising far more than he can deliver. She is setting him up for instant failure. Of course, CNN, CBS, and ABC will never hold him to any of it.

jediwebdude on February 20, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Remember last fall when we were all making jokes about Obama running as the Magical Negro?

It’s not a joke anymore……

Kasper Hauser on February 20, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Obama wife sounds chillingly like that of Louis Farrakhan and Jeremiah Wright.

Kini on February 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM

The cake is a lielye!

JasonG on February 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Fixed

Kini on February 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Obama’s wife is promising far more than he can deliver.

jediwebdude on February 20, 2008 at 6:15 PM

That would be the good news.

Buy Danish on February 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Sorry, I’m retired.
The rest of you; off to the collective!

Dave from Flint on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Barack won’t let you be retired any more. He’ll make you work until you drop. Someone’s gotta pay for all that “free” healthcare!

aero on February 20, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Clinton = Frying Pan

Obama = Fire

aero on February 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM

If Shrillery has the c-jones we’ve all given her credit of having a copy of Michelle O’s forbidden thesis papers will magically appear, saving the day for Shrillery and the free world. Inquiring minds want to know!

24K lady on February 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM

This is how Hitler started. Charisma. So they call it, and dim witted people falling for it. Scary as heck.

Conservatives R Us on February 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Change is never easy. Can’t make an omelet without breaking,….well, you know how it goes. The new golden age will do away with evil profit making. To each according to his needs,…well, you know how that goes too.

a capella on February 20, 2008 at 6:31 PM

aero@6:27PM

Barack won’t expect an ageing person to continue working. In the interests of saving medical resources for those more deserving than retirees – showers worked just fine 65 years ago. The Obama Manifesto…

24K lady on February 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Obama you’ve missed the boat. Being uninvolved and uninformed is the electorate who vote dimocratic. In addition, Michelle’s racist tendencies will be harder and harder to disguise to an informed electorate.

volsense on February 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM

a capella on February 20, 2008 at 6:31 PM

LOL…yeah….change is difficult. The shop is on a shoestring (and my income) anyway. Might as well go ahead and lock her up for the public good. ;)

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM

I just want to know what color the uniforms will be that we’ll all have to wear under our Benevolent Father’s leadership.

Dudley Smith on February 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I have thought more about what we know about her thesis. After having been little more than a visitor on campus she didn’t have the academic chops for serious writing. And since hard work is what she tells others to do she realized that she had to write something that could be titled, “Look How Black I Am.” Then the professor would have to give her an A. When some professional from the campaign read it they said, “Oh s**t, oh dear.” and locked it down just to be safe.
Someone said the new messiah should wear a special uniform and I immediately thought of Sharpton during the Tawana Brawley thing: he wore a black turtle neck under a black suit with a gigantic cross hanging from his neck. It would probably cement the Spike Lee vote. And by that I mean Spike Lee’s one vote. But then if BHO loses Lee would make a cinematic indictment of America. Lee would probably make that movie anyway but the right iniform might cinch it.

snaggletoothie on February 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM

[Dave from Flint on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM]

LOL! Well, I’m ready to fight and I plan to live to talk about it. In fact, I’m going to copyright the book title tomorrow for my autobiography: Life and Times in the Barack Archipelago. Look for it in brown paper sacks at street corners in 2017.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Now reading Jonah Goldberg’s “Liberal Fascism” as we speak. Mrs. Obama sound a familiar note.

WasatchMan on February 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Soylent Green distribution center, next right……

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Wow! Hillary is just going to make us all work at wind farms. Barack is taking over our whole freaking life?

PattyJ on February 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM

I believe she was talking to us…normal Americans. Not the ones with their hands out.

SouthernGent on February 20, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Scary. Sounds like she’s talking about re-education camps. This woman is frightening. She reminds me of Winnie Mandela shaking a box of matches. Darvin Dowdy

Darvin Dowdy on February 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM

HEY M.O.: It will take ‘re-education camps’ to do that. Where you gonna put the Gulags, you communist ….. (expletive self-deleted) ???

Heh. And I thought that ‘Terrrezzza’ Heinz-Kerry was the greatest spousal detriment to a Presidential campaign ever. Miz Obama makes Terrrezzza seem to be genteel and thoughtful by comparison.

Heck, M.O. makes Hillary seem more attractive.

LegendHasIt on February 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Nah…not re-education camps….your tax return.

No community service…penalty.
No heath insurance…..penalty.
No hours in school…..penalty.

They’ll take it from your backpocket, no need to take it from your back.

Limerick on February 20, 2008 at 7:57 PM

No backsliding, brethren! Hallelujah! Hallelubama!

Tzetzes on February 20, 2008 at 8:24 PM

Obama isn’t the only person plagiarizing (and I’m not talking about Biden). Hilary’s copying Dr. Phil!

Tzetzes on February 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM

So he’s got her buffalo’d too! LOL.

Sounder on February 20, 2008 at 8:42 PM

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
- Confucius

MB4 on February 20, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Uninvolved = Your money WILL be included in the quest for hope!

Uninformed = Your source for information will exclusively be the O-Bombers.

“…are you ready for CHANGE Socialism Fascism ?!?!?”

Chimp 6 on February 20, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Obama is just a milk chocolate Dan Quayle.

But Michelle O. is sounding more and more like Madame Mao.

When’s her little red book coming out?

Saying #1) You will be required to work for the common good!

profitsbeard on February 20, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Just like Hillary, as the inevitable candidate, was not allowed to lose,,
Obama as the messianic candidate, will not be allowed to disappoint. He may as well enjoy this while it lasts. Once he starts putting forth real policies that have details, once his decisions begin to effect companies, interest rates, markets, jobs and encourages our enemies to increase their hatred of America,,, blowing his nose will not seem so wonderful anymore.

JellyToast on February 20, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I just listened to this.

I am truly scared of this woman and what kind of influence she will wield over my life.

They are really pushing that Obama as the messiah that will “fix my soul”?

Ah damn, that is really scary.

jharada on February 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM

I don’t think Lincoln was thinking term limits when he invoked the better angels of our nature… It’s high-minded political rhetoric…

Dan Riehl

Her lack of self awareness is kind of funny in someone who obviously also holds a very high opinion of herself. Which is to say, she doesn’t seem to know how stupid she sounds.

He, on the other hand, seems like a Huckabee-an flim flam man, but less, just hanging on for the ride, kind of stunned at what’s going on around him.

Dan’s being too charitable, here, comparing her hectoring rag to Lincoln’s “better Angels” speech? Please.

Jaibones on February 20, 2008 at 11:22 PM

609.258.3385 (fax)

mudd@princeton.edu

franksalterego on February 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Gee, how convenient

eanax on February 20, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Conservatives R Us on February 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Don’t forget the circumstances either, economic in particular, that gave rise to Hitler.

1. Treaty of Versailles
2. The Great Depression

eanax on February 20, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Heck, M.O. makes Hillary seem more attractive.

LegendHasIt on February 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Now, that’s a disturbing thought…

eanax on February 20, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Jaibones on February 20, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Sanctimonious attitudes tend to cloud an acute sense of self-awareness…

eanax on February 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM

You will work!

You will Contribute to the Democratic National Comittee!

Sounds like the Unions.

And remember – Pol Pot brought a lot of “Change”.

So did “Stalin” and “Hitler”.

I’m afraid that Obama will bring about the same type of change. And every word MO speaks reminds be of the ‘reeducation camp’ scenes of The Killing Fields.

CrazyFool on February 20, 2008 at 11:39 PM

ROFL!! From the wife of Mr. “Present”. God help us if this empty headed numbskull ends up President. Actually we’re pretty screwed whichever of the three top contenders wins.

God, we need a miracle.

dogsoldier on February 21, 2008 at 12:23 AM

God, we need a miracle.

dogsoldier on February 21, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Even God has his limits.

We’re scroomed.

MB4 on February 21, 2008 at 12:30 AM

I already do all that stuff (except the cynicism, I love that about myself)doesn’t everyone?

LtE126 on February 21, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Mrs. Bambi is an idiot and an ingrate. The universities she has attended should revoke her diplomas. Hillary is ever grateful for such a doofus wife as Obama’s.

geo11 on February 21, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Morning parade for excercises followed by forty minutes of “life” instruction”. March off to work while singing “Barack the savior”.

“life instruction’ piped into workplace all day.

March back for evening excercises followed by forty minutes of “life Instruction’.

Evening meal followed by freedom at your carbon lifestyle neutral bed – the earth.

davod on February 21, 2008 at 8:00 AM