Messiah’s wife: “Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed”

posted at 3:44 pm on February 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

Geraghty’s unnerved, I’m relieved. In fully a year of campaigning — against the Clinton machine no less — His Holiness hasn’t made a single noteworthy mistake that I can think of. Thank god/Obama she’ll be around on the trail periodically this summer stepping in it and creeping people out.

You think Bush expanded executive power? Dude:

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

In her defense, there must be a lot of pressure that comes with being the bride of the Lord Obama on earth. Exit question one: Hillary’s trying to keep it real but she’d require you to work too, wouldn’t she? Exit question two: Shouldn’t Barry O think about leveraging his messianism in costume form somehow? Nothing too obvious; I’m not asking for robes here. But what about a nice cape? Sandals instead of wingtips? C’mon.

Update: I imported the comments from the headlines item.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Said it before…

Cult of personality… and those who have those are scary.

Romeo13 on February 20, 2008 at 3:00 PM

The Obamas are starting to remind me of the Clintons. In both couples, he’s got the charm, charisma and way with words (even if it’s “just words” as opposed to “words have consequences”), while she appears to be farther left and more obnoxious than he. After Barack’s term as president ends (if he gets one), into which state will Michelle bag her carpets and run for senator?

Bigfoot on February 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Is he running as inspirational speaker in chief? That kind of garbage belongs down by the river.

pedestrian on February 20, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Will Barack O’Jesus be a hard taskmaster, or will his wife tell him to be one?

/whipped

Akzed on February 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I’m reading Golberg’s Liberal Facism, and the similarities to BO’s rhetoric and Mousillini’s pre-WWII are eerie.

p0s3r on February 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM

No choice in an Obama Administration? Put a Soviet uniform on Michelle, she’s toast.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Funny, never realized the constitution mattered anymore to the Right..they sure aren’t nominating like it… Ooops

TOPV on February 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Well, she could just be saying that he is so compelling the populace won’t be able to help doing those things.

mikeyboss on February 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM

After Barack

radjah shelduck on February 20, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Michelle campaigning in the Fashion district of NY, courtesy of Wendy’s.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Here, let me help the poor, inarticulate, helpless, Priceton educated, Harvard law grad express what she really meant: “Barry and I like puppies, and our kids like puppies too.”

Alden Pyle on February 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Vee have vaays to make you comply. BARAK! Get me zeee tax code.

Sefton on February 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM

It’s very doubtful to me that Michelle Obama is getting creepier. It’s more likely she has been in this condition her ‘entire adult life’ and not about to ‘change’.

What u c is what u get.

News2Use on February 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM

She won

Sefton on February 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM

She makes my skin crawl almost as much as Mike Huckabee and his heman wife.

EJDolbow on February 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Hmmmph. Sounds like the corporate “human resources” mumbo jumbo I hear every day at work.

Brat on February 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM

[News2Use on February 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM]

Yeah, she’s not gonna be a poster girl for marriage anytime soon.

Dusty on February 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM

“Barack, require these people to work. Put them in some camps or something so they can focus. Have some classes in the evenings to strip them of their cynicism and divisions. Get them out of their isolation, their comfort zones. Push them to be better. Never allow them to go back to their lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.”

“Yes dear.”

“They ahve to stay at the seat at the table of democracy with a man like you, not just on Tuesday but in a year from now, in four years from now, in eights years from now, they will have to be engaged. You can’t let up on them ever.”

“Ok, baby.”

Akzed on February 20, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Essentially what she’s saying is “all your base are belong to us”.

Shy Guy on February 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM

My wife and I were talking about this Obama feller – seems to me there’s someone just like him described in the Bible – and he’s not a good guy, either. People will fall all over themselves and see him as a god, maybe after he’s been in power a few years he’ll erect a statue of himself and demand everyone worship him….

Just a thought.

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM

All of a sudden, Hillary seems friendly…

MadisonConservative on February 20, 2008 at 3:20 PM

So I assume that running against an incumbent President Obama will be a Federal offense and that the Living Constitution version of the 22nd Amendment will be viewed as not applicable to the situation our country will face in 2016. No doubt Obama

scatbug on February 20, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Just a thought.
jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Hmmm…

Barrack = 6 letters

Husane = 6 letters

Obamma = 6 letters
——————
666

You, sir, are a theological rocket surgeon.
Who would have guessed that he’s Nero Caesar?!?!?!

Akzed on February 20, 2008 at 3:23 PM

All of a sudden, Hillary seems friendly

amerpundit on February 20, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Barrack = 6 letters

Dude…

Big S on February 20, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Just a thought.

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Finally, the right is calling the left ‘antichrist’. I always dreamed this day would come.

tlynch001 on February 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Living Colour

Cult of Personality

Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
Ive been everything you want to be
Like mussolini and kennedy
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights, a nobel prize
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You dont have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
Im the smiling face on your t.v.
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
Like joseph stalin and gandi
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights a nobel prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You dont have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You me power in your gods name
Im every person you need to be
Im the cult of personality
Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
Ive been everything you want to be
Like mussolini and kennedy
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights, a nobel prize
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You dont have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
Im the smiling face on your t.v.
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
Like joseph stalin and gandi
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights a nobel prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You dont have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You me power in your gods name
Im every person you need to be

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I can hardly wait to hear what Michelle(oops! I meant Barack) next has to say about re-modeling the country.

jeanie on February 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM

It’s just sour grapes. The Democrats are angry that Obama has come along with “Change and Hope” and that has torpedoed the traditional Democrat platform of “Stagnation and Despair”.

crosspatch on February 20, 2008 at 3:35 PM

jeanie on February 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM

In an Obama regime, everyone would have to wear a dashiki.

Akzed on February 20, 2008 at 3:36 PM

“You have to stay at the seat at the table of democracy with a man like Barack Obama not just on Tuesday but in a year from now, in four years from now, in eights years from now, you will have to be engaged.”

Repeal the 22nd Amendment. Dude.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on February 20, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Is John Derbyshire just speculating here? Or does he know something?

(Speculating how the race will look to the leadership at the time of the Democratic Convention)Michelle Obama

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 3:42 PM

FTA:

I’m sorry, nowhere in the Constitution does it authorize the President of the United States to demand anyone shed their cynicism.

The Consti-what?

When they take over, the Left always forces people to be better citizens. Force enough people to be good citizens and you have a good society. And those that don’t comply to this betterment of society? Well, they’re tratiors to society and must be dealt with as such.

29Victor on February 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Finally, the right is calling the left

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM

The Obamas are starting to remind me of the Clintons. In both couples, he

jp on February 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM

First?

WHEN did she say this? Was there a date provided for this speech?

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Why, is he going to be uninformed for us?

trubble on February 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Surely thou shalt be struck down for thy blasphemies!

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Actually, with the exception that an authoritarian empty suit could be the next president, I rather like my present life.

amerpundit on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

These two are really creepy. Keep your hands on your heads lest your brains be stolen.

rplat on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Yeah! We’re all gonna be better people!

Chuck Schick on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Whoops…my screen didn’t show all youse guys up there on top. Computer hiccup. My bad. At least I put a question mark there since I wasn’t sure…

(sheepish grin)

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Actually you were first in this thread, but Allah imported the comments from the headline item.

amerpundit on February 20, 2008 at 3:49 PM

She lives with him,so this must be like dinner table or pillow talk to them. So creepy, so totalitarian, yet still I saw a bunch of Hummers,Beamers and other high-end vehicles here in the Bay area this morning sporting Obama stickers. Talk about sheeple.

bbz123 on February 20, 2008 at 3:49 PM

So what are they gonna do about the cheeseburger question, eh? That’s what I wanna know. I just had Popeye’s Fried Chicken AND, after forcing me to work for it, will the O’Bama’s join the Nazis who want to strip it from my cold, greasy fingers??!!

tree hugging sister on February 20, 2008 at 3:53 PM

I’ve met Jesus (spiritually speaking, of course) and Senator Obama, you’re no Jesus.

gmbdds on February 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM

These people are way too creepy. And the way the sheeple are falling all over themselves is just unnerving.

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM

I’m thankful that we live in this technological age: videos and other recorders. The media of today might wish to hide this, but technology won’t. In another time we might not know much about her…Theresa was mild, in comparison. This is just the beginning.

Entelechy on February 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM

LOOKS LIKE BARRY IS FOR SOME SERIOUS WELFARE REFORM!!

VIVA OBAMA!!

Hoodlumman on February 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Lisa Lererfor Politico: Obamamania verges on obsession

amerpundit on February 20, 2008 at 3:56 PM

jdawg on February 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM

It actually WAS a little tough to NOT think of the birth of the 3rd Reich as I watched that crowd go apesh*t over him at his victory speech last night in…was it Austin or Houston?

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 3:57 PM

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Big Brother Barry Obama.

Mallard T. Drake on February 20, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Barak is your OVERLORD!

BOW AT HIS FEET!

BARAK Will tell you how it is!

Chakra Hammer on February 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Arbeit macht frei, perhaps?

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Must link

- The Cat

MirCat on February 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Dude.

Again, this is your future First Lady, McCain haters.

Look, I’ll pay you. Just go vote for him. You can even scribble in next to his name: “McCain sucks. I’m only doing this for free beer and because Obama and his wife are creepy as Hell.”

Please. I’m begging. Don’t let that be my First Lady. Free beer on me.

Professor Blather on February 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Bigfoot on February 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I’ve had the same thought. MO is even a little creepier/scarier than HRC because she is ALREADY spouting off instead of “standing by her man” the way Hill did. Another thing that bugs me is BHO’s habit of walking into a gathering like the messiah. He slowly struts in, granting eye contact to a few, a slightly raised hand to even fewer, looking for all the world like he’s thinking, “Man, it’s cool to be God!” And one last thing, has anyone else noticed he’s now dropping his king’s english a bit? He now says “Baltimoe” and “befoe.”

I just “deploe” him and his communist wife.

Longhorn Six on February 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM

She is one angry lady.

I look forward to hearing more from her. I imagine Obama has been in contact with John F’n Kerry. BO: “How do you shut them up John?!?” J F’n Kerry: “Drugs….LOTS of drugs…”

Talon on February 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I play guitar, and love the riff in that song!

Chakra Hammer on February 20, 2008 at 4:01 PM

. . . well there goes your voter base.

geckomon on February 20, 2008 at 4:01 PM

If he is the Kwisatz Haderach, then is his name a killing word? That should help with his credibility on national security.

Nosferightu on February 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Living Colour-Cult Of Personality

Chakra Hammer on February 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Somebody better, to prop up this pig of a welfare state.

Mark V. on February 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM

She’s the window through Obama’s murky, cloying rhetorical fog. A woman who’s been obsessed with alienation because of her blackness married to a man obsessed with alienation because of his whiteness… it’s like a precious silver locket of acute neurosis.

Where this will end up is anyone’s guess.

spmat on February 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM

“Tell me of your home, Muad’Dib.”

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM

The Liberal Messiah’s wife? That would make her the Liberal Mary Magdelene, kind of.
About ten days ago I wrote on HA: “Watch out for Michelle Obama; she’ll make Teresa Heinz Kerry look like Laura Bush.” It’s nice to get something right; it doesn’t happen very often.
Keep talking, Michelle.

infidel65 on February 20, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Does this make Hills = the Sandworm, or something else?

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:04 PM

She’s trying to punch WAY above her weight class. Sad in a way if she really believes this is helping. Too bad she and Clenis can’t have a debate.

a capella on February 20, 2008 at 4:05 PM

“Tell me of your home, Muad’Dib.”

BWAHAHAHAHahahaha!!!

We’ve got a winner, ladies and germs!

tree hugging sister on February 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM

That is seriously creepy. Is Barry O that nutty, or just Michelle?

doubleplusundead on February 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Fun at FR

The other messiah

Connie on February 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I too have noticed the gradual turn toward greater and greater ebonic pronunciation of certain words over the past month. I’ve also noticed he chooses its use carefully. He didn’t use it as much in WI as he did last night in TX.

Then again, TX has a whole lot more people of african heritage in it (both numbers wise and % wise) than WI does.

But to answer, no, you’re not the only one who’s picked up on this.

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Barack Obama will require you to work.

There is a quote for the ages…he “will require you to work”.
Now if a “white” man ever said that…don’t even think about it…

right2bright on February 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM

. . . well there goes your voter base.

geckomon on February 20, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Ha!!

right2bright on February 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Barack will never allow you to keep the fruits of your labor. Barack will never allow you to go back to anachronisms like hard work, incentive and drive. Barack will never allow you to engage in individualism. Your life, under Barack, will be a new life. A life of serving the State. A life of accepting what the State offers you – with gratitude and thanksgiving. Barack will not allow you to lose hope in the State, you will only lose hope in yourself and in your country. You will lose hope in each successive generation, until such time as said generation obeys the State and serves the State.

It is a new dawn under Barack. The age of the individual will be eliminated. The age of the State, and service to the State, has begun.

Bow down and worship your liberator. He who liberates you from silly notions of individual success and hope for our country. There is only hope in those who lord over you. There is only hope in Barack and me.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:09 PM

LIberal Facism is an un-nerving book for sure…

ALl of the crap I hear coming out of the left side is the exact crap that was spewed back in the glory days of unfettered leftism stupidity.

But it caught on…

I noticed Hillary was going after hedge funds and the like yesterday…not unlike the Nazi Party platform item of abolishing usury.

The libs are the real facists. Jonah’s book is strong, a conservative classic, I was just thinking to myself today.

Anything that helps pull the veil from those jackasses, and his book does very well, is a great contribution.

benrand on February 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM

But to answer, no, you’re not the only one who’s picked up on this.

Ditto.

tree hugging sister on February 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Barack Obama will require you to work.

The college vote just cocked their heads and let out a collective “Wha..?”

WisCon on February 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Muad’Dib: “WHICH home, Chani? Honolulu? Jakarta? Chicago?”

I’d betcha if he bothered to campaign in Hawaii, and it hadn’t been the foregone conclusion it turned out to be, he’d have spoken in pidgin instead of ebonics.

Shades of Bill Clinton: Be who your audience wants you to be, whether it’s truly authentically you, or just the authentic you they want you to be.

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM

P.S. I wonder who these thoughts were ripped-off from? As we all are aware, Michelle Obama, graduate of Princeton and Harvard, is incapable of meaning what she says. Obama has to correct her, and tell us what she really meant.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Those poor little Obamaettes have this monster as their mother!!

Can we send in some government agency to check on their well being?

EJDolbow on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

the Nazi Party platform item of abolishing usury

Ooooooyyyy….didn’t know about this. Adolf just HAAAAAD to have to have gotten that idea from The Grand Mufti.

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Barack Obama will require you to work.

Ummm..
Barak, can talk to my doctors about that. >:}

Unless he can heal me, with his amazing powers.

Chakra Hammer on February 20, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Barack Obama will require you to work

Yes, you will be required to work for the State. It’s called Socialism.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Those poor little Obamaettes have this monster as their mother!!

“We are eternally grateful!”
(Li’l 3-eyed alien guys from Toy Story)

Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I wonder who these thoughts were ripped-off from?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

?

doubleplusundead on February 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM

I’m sure there are plenty of Gom Jabbars being got ready out there…

pseudonominus on February 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM

That woman scares the crap out of me. But, on the other hand, I think I found the other organization Castro was sending his letters to besides Granma, and it’s Mrs. Obama.

Spc Steve on February 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM

“…the Nazi Party platform item of abolishing usury…”
Shirotayama on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Not only that, but Hitler was a vegitarian meth addict who banned smoking indoors in govt buildings. Sounds like your average democrat state legislator, no?

Akzed on February 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM

I wonder who these thoughts were ripped-off from?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Or ?

doubleplusundead on February 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM

His Holiness hasn’t made a single noteworthy mistake that I can think of.

He said there were 10,000 fatalities in a tornado in the Midwest, when there were actually fewer than ten.

He said we should invade Pakistan (our nuclear-armed ally) to find Osama bin Laden (who is probably dead).

Those are two pretty large mistakes right there.

Azked wrote:

Barrack = 6 letters

Husane = 6 letters

Obamma = 6 letters

I hope this was a joke. If not, you managed to misspell all three of Obama’s names. And “Barrack” (as you misspelled it) has 7 letters.

FWIW, his name is Barack (6) Hussein (7) Obama (5). And no, he’s not the anti-Christ. He’s just a slick pol who will eventually be exposed as an empty suit.

sauropod on February 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM

I didn’t notice that this was up and was stuck in the headlines after posting on the same topic chez moi. fwiw, my comments on this topic noted this creepiness from Obama’s speech:

When we instead join arm in arm and decide we are going to remake this country, by block, precinct by precinct, county by county, state by state. That’s what hope is.

Buy Danish on February 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM

So just where are the work camps going to be located?

Good grief, now I have to vote for McCain to be sure this doesn’t get elected.

moonsbreath on February 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Not going to allow us to be uninformed, uninvolved?… Not only has she made herself out to be unpatriotic in the last few days, now she’s patronizing us.

scalleywag on February 20, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Where is he gonna get all the free weed?

benrand on February 20, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Yes, you will be required to work for the State. It’s called Socialism.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 20, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Yup.

MT on February 20, 2008 at 4:21 PM

It’s in the passages cited others from the UCLA stump speech that the Obamas expose what’s most “cultish” not just in the “mania” but in their methods. This is exactly how far left groups recruit – and also how Moonies, Scientologists, and for that matter Christian communalists and others work on impressionable young people.

Part of the point of portraying American history as a nightmare that only Barack can wake us up from is to separate a person from his family and his prior beliefs and induct him or her into the new substitute, meaning-giving pseudo-family. All those things that Barack won’t let you do – those aren’t proscriptions, those are the cult’s promises. Similarly, when elsewhere in her speech she talks about neighbors who don’t know each other – that’s exactly the kind of talk that makes sense to an insecure and alienated young adult away at school for the first time, already encouraged by peers to leave behind, forget or reject all attachments to childhood. Throw in a range of well-known temptations also offered by membership in the new peer-defined family, ideologically committed professors and grad students, and the Obamaton is ready for programming.

I say this all as a former alienated young UCLA student who sojourned for years in the left, far left, and beyond-the-pale.

CK MacLeod on February 20, 2008 at 4:22 PM

In order to distinguish between Michelle Malkin and Obama, in the future can we just refer to Obama as the “anti-Michelle”. It also complements the Messiah name nicely.

Canadian Infidel on February 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Wait. There’s no way Obama can win once rank-and-file Dem voters catch wind of the fact that he expects them to work and be educated. I’m pretty sure they vote for Democrats in the hope that they can drop out of school and drink beer all day in their underpants while being supported by the government.

aero on February 20, 2008 at 4:27 PM