Sharpton: If Hillary’s Florida and Michigan delegates are seated, we’ll march on DNC headquarters

posted at 7:56 pm on February 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

Al Sharpton versus the NAACP? Not in my wildest dreams

The Rev. Al Sharpton yesterday said the Democratic Party would commit a “grave injustice” if it seated delegates from Florida and Michigan at the party’s national convention – and he threatened a march on the party’s Washington headquarters…

Sharpton wrote: “I firmly believe that changing the rules now and seating delegates from Florida and Michigan at this point would not only violate the Democratic Party’s rules of fairness, but also would be a grave injustice.”

He added that protestations about being disenfranchised, a point made by [NAACP head Julian] Bond in a separate letter to Dean Tuesday, “should have been made many months ago, before the decision was made to strip these states of their delegates…

He said his National Action Network is discussing a possible march on DNC headquarters, adding, “This smacks of the same stuff we accused the Republicans of in Florida in 2000 . . . changing the rules.”

Black superdelegates are getting it from both sides too. Obama’s been careful to keep himself above the fray of identity politics, but if you want to see the depths to which some of his supporters have sunk, chew on this:

[Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver] said Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. of Illinois had recently asked him “if it comes down to the last day and you’re the only superdelegate. … Do you want to go down in history as the one to prevent a black from winning the White House?

“I told him I’d think about it,” Cleaver concluded.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yawn. Go away already Al.

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Have at it, hustler.

Zorro on February 14, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Not just awesome.

Awesomely awesome.

Slublog on February 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Hmmm, I wonder what the Rev. Al would do if Hussein had won Michigan and Florida? Eh, nevermind. Its obvious.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Most Irony-filled Election Year Evah!

baldilocks on February 14, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Ooh…this is gonna be gooooooood!

Anyone want popcorn?

amerpundit on February 14, 2008 at 8:02 PM

it’ll be a titanic struggle of morons vs. doofus

darkegop on February 14, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Anyone want popcorn?

amerpundit on February 14, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Pass it this way please. Pure entertainment.

Keli on February 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM

As Kissinger asked of the Iran-Iraq War:
“Couldn’t they both lose?”

billy on February 14, 2008 at 8:07 PM

What a dumb reason to organize a march.

SoulGlo on February 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Oooooooooo he’s going to march against the DNC. Yeah, how well have marches worked over the past decade? Not so much.

Ooooooo he’s going to go out and use his megaphone. Hmmm Sharpton’s megaphone vs. Howard Dean’s scream? THAT would be interesting to see. (I’m guessing Dean would win because his volume is unaided while Shartpon needs a battery pack.

Still, if Sen Clinton utilizes the nuclear option, where she goes to court to get the Michigan and Florida delegates counted in order to win the nomination, I doubt there will just be a march on the DNC primary. Perhaps something similar to 1964?

(End note: I wonder, if Hillary is poised to use the nuclear option, will Sen McCain go in there, behind closed doors, and come up with a Super-Delegate Gang of 14 to compromise and throw the rug out from under Hillary like he did to Republicans?)

Wheeeeee!

Weebork on February 14, 2008 at 8:09 PM

SECOND LOOK AT PETARDS!!!

Deety on February 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Go Al! Be as stupid as you can.

rplat on February 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Today, Billary is finally getting to the root of it all. They are now bashing Obama on his promises ans speeches. They should have done it a long time ago, but were affraid of looking pissy. Now there almost out of it and are basically doing Mav a huge favor by doing this now before he gets his paws on them. Which party is the one in chaos?

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM

All right… the new season of “When Demagogues Attack” is starting.

Big Daddy Cool on February 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Meanwhile, I’ve recently gotten two emails from Nader’s exploratory campaign looking for people to show support. He’s seriously considering it.

Dude…

amerpundit on February 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM

That’s as stupid as supporting John McCain from the beginning.

I really feel sorry for these so-called superdelegates. It was supposed to be an honor to party stalwarts to bump up the totals for whomever won (read Clinton) so that they could all rejoice in “unity” the way the GOP keeps trotting out leaders to pretend that Republicans are rejoicing that a far-left-of-center vile dinosaur managed to hijack the process and get himself nominated with virtually no support from the grassroot party faithful.

These superdelegates are now in the position of being kingmaker in lieu of being queenmaker and many of them are likely to do so. If Jesse Jackson is bullying black superdelegates now, I can only imagine what the shrew’s campaign is doing with the supposedly loyal Clinton superdelegates since that is her only hope of a clear win in the nomination.

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM

For all the talk about damage to the Republican Party, there sure is a lot of entertainment going on over at the ol’ DNC.

OneGyT on February 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Can you imagine? Chris Matthews’ head would explode like in Scanners. BAM! Splattering gore all over the MSNBC set. A full fledged Democratic Party Identity Politics Cage Match.

I thought I was cynical and pessimistic but this has story has inspired me, lifted me up, given me Hope for a Better World. And after all, this is the Season of Hope.

Vote Sauron 08 on February 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM

He will march 37 strong…plus the bus loads that they pay for.

right2bright on February 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM

McCain is many things, but he is not a “far-left-of-center vile dinosaur”. Do some reading and think for yourself instead of listening to pundits.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM

No computation without protestation!

You can’t change the rules during the game.

Good for Al.

Dorvillian on February 14, 2008 at 8:17 PM

You can’t change the rules during the game.

The rules can be changed anytime anywhere. This is politics. We’re not playing by Marquis of Queensberry rules.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

This looms as major political history with blacks in America divided against each other as never before. The creaky old NAACP would fare the worst, I think. If these delegations get seated and Hillary wins, cities may burn.

laelaps on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

I GUARANTEE a Maverick victory in November.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

He’s a racist.

Who cares what he does? He’s a prize pig at a slop contest. Nothing more.

madmonkphotog on February 14, 2008 at 8:21 PM

One by one, black leaders will leave the Clinton camp. Sharpton and a few others will be standing alone. Full of hate, while the “black messiah” will be J-FKing his flock, giving them hope, and nothing else.
Sharpton and Bond, are dinosaurs do-do birds, nearly extinct, and still worthless.

right2bright on February 14, 2008 at 8:22 PM

You know, I just gained a huge amount of respect to Sen Clinton. I realized that if she is willing to use political, or should I say legal, nukes against her opponents if her power (to becoming the nominee) is threatened, then she would be willing to use nukes against other countries!

Weebork on February 14, 2008 at 8:22 PM

ummmm, if they do NOT seat the delegates, are they disenfranchising voters? hmmmm?

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I agree with Jesse Jackson Jr. The primary reason to vote for Barrack Obama for President is because he is black. I also am completely in agreement with Julian Bond and am appalled that a black voter in Michigan or Florida might be disenfranchised. I also agree with Al Sharpton that if the delegates are seated, it would be a grave injustice to blacks. I also agree with the DNC which has always upheld the rights of blacks. I believe the pharaohs and Jesus were black. I believe it necessary and just that the Am. presidential election hinges on being black. I believe Bill Clinton is black. I believe in black. I think black. I am properly consumed with black. I am in a black mood.

JiangxiDad on February 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Did anyone see that Chelsea Clinton demon child pic on Drudge today? No doubt she’s Hillary’s daughter.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Awesum is as Awesum does………

Awesum that the DNC factions are stirred up……..

Simply Awesum…….

awesum on February 14, 2008 at 8:27 PM

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 8:24 PM

Yes, which makes it all the tastier.

amerpundit on February 14, 2008 at 8:28 PM

What a dumb reason to organize a march.

SoulGlo on February 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM

No that is a perfect example of something worth marching for.

Hell, I’d march that parade!

TheSitRep on February 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

JiangxiDad on February 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM

That should be on a tshirt.

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Crimson,

That’s what would be partly argued if Sen Clinton sues to get those delegates instated. The thing is these states agreed to give up their delegates in exchange for moving up their primary date to earlier in the year.

Weebork on February 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

JiangxiDad on February 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Your Black Muslim President!!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Oh yes, that was great. So true.

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Rev. Al and Julian in cage match for all the marbles…heh

d1carter on February 14, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Crimson,

Weebork on February 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM

I do understand that, but it doesn’t make it right. Not a Dem, married to one, and I resent his vote didn’t count here in Fl. I think it should.

CrimsonFisted on February 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I swear, Fat Al Sharpton will find any excuse he can under the sun to organize a march against something that is yanking his chain. It’s like he’s in head-to-head competition with Jesse Jackson as to which is the most annoying the moment you place a microphone and a video camera in front of them.

pilamaye on February 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

If we’re real lucky, we’ll see Big Al throw a chair and break Tabloid Correspondent War Correspondent Political Correspondent Geraldo’s nose (again)… I would pay to see that.

Zorro on February 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

This just shows what a stupid idea it is to hold an election that doesn’t count.

SECOND LOOK AT YEEEEEEEAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH !

pedestrian on February 14, 2008 at 8:33 PM

That march would be so much more entertaining than the Code Pinkos. Bring it on!

Where are DNC headquarters, anyway?

Buy Danish on February 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM

The Million Vote March. ;)

redrock on February 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM

JiangxiDad on February 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Now, THAT was funny! :)

Califemme on February 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM

March On, race pimp! Organize your protests for something of value, for once in your trashy career.

petefrt on February 14, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Crimson,

Indeed. It will also be interesting to see how many Floridians and Michiganians agree with Clinton’s legal move. I’m sure the media will be happy to do stories covering such sentiments.

Weebork on February 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Where are DNC headquarters, anyway?

Buy Danish on February 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Washington, I believe.

amerpundit on February 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM

I GUARANTEE a Maverick victory in November.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

You better be right. God knows the last thing we need is a full-blown Marxist.

MarkoMancuso on February 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM

There is something about Al that just makes me love him. I really wish he had done better in his run for pres. He is fun to watch.

You have to give him credit–he is a spunky fellow! Go Al Go!!!

I would love to see him moderate a debate–now that would be fun!

USBB on February 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM

You live close enough to Simi Valley and the Reagan library to know that McCain is no Reagan Republican. I would suggest that you are the one that should be doing some reading and thinking.

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:43 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 14, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Funny you should mention that photo. I did see it and my first thought was that the older she gets the more and more Chelsea is looking just like her mom. I feel sorry for her. Dad’s got the morals of an alleycat. Mom’s an unattractive shrew. Both refuse to leave the glare of the public spotlight. Some therapist is going get very rich.

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:47 PM

I despise Sharpton for 99% of what he says, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Go Al, Go!

cannonball on February 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Signs. Everywhere there are signs. Signs of the approaching perfect storm.

TheBigOldDog on February 14, 2008 at 8:50 PM

All this talking about “pimp” lately, & look who pops up in the news! The original race-baiting poverty pimp, Sharptonofpoo.

jgapinoy on February 14, 2008 at 8:54 PM

I loves me a good march! I hope they high step it.

Sugar Land on February 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Signs of the approaching perfect storm.

I agree completely.

Racial and gender rifts on the left. The GOP elites telling the conservative right to “f*ck off.” No incumbents. No Washington outsiders in an era when the electorate is demanding somebody from outside the beltway.

This year’s election surprises aren’t over by a long shot.

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM

A little marching wouldn’t hurt his fat a$$. I can’t believe they would turn their backs to the first black presidents wife to elect a half white candidate. Maybe racism is finally past us?

trs on February 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Signs. Everywhere there are signs. Signs of the approaching perfect storm.

TheBigOldDog on February 14, 2008 at 8:50 PM

As obvious as the signs on the interstate. I can see them, but can’t read them. Destination unknown.

Do you remember the last scene in Fahrenheit 451 when the only books left are memorized in the minds of a few social outcasts? Even as a boy I knew I would be one of them. I just didn’t know that I might have to be. Read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. He has a vision of our future too.

JiangxiDad on February 14, 2008 at 9:01 PM

See, this is the stuff that scares me. If they are infighting over race w/in the democratic party, can you imagine how personal it’s going to get when Obama goes up against a Republican? Al will organize a march if Obama doesn’t win and the polarization will continue.
I think the only way McCain can win (and I’m not a big fan of Mac Daddy), or win w/out causing more polarization, is to run w/ an African American veep.
I think both sides want to see an African American in the White House. If the Republican party could acomplish that (and win), there’d be 4, or even 8 more years to finally get African Americans back to the Republican party, and have a great candidate for president and the vp term was up.
I’d love to see Condi, but she’s probably too associated w/
the Bush admin. So, maybe Michael Steele.

Over30 on February 14, 2008 at 9:03 PM

laelaps on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

The more I think about it, I think this guy might be right.

Now, I’m not too sure about the “cities may burn” part – but if anyone figures out a way to beat Barry – well, there could be trouble.

What if McCain beat Obama in the GE?

Have you guys considered how racist it would be of the old white Republican candidate to beat the young black Democrat candidate?

I Think I might be too scared to vote McCain…

Dorvillian on February 14, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Obama doesn’t have to play in the Identity Politics mud. His wife does it for him.

p0s3r on February 14, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Da Justice Brothas ready to march !!!!!

Ohhhh baby…. get ya popcorn, this ought to be FUN !

Always Right on February 14, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Not just awesome.

Awesomely awesome.

Slublog on February 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Word….now if Obama had won those states, he’d march to get them in on the vote. What a great guy, he always fights for justice….of black people

Tim Burton on February 14, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Five bucks says Sharptons 100 man band of brigands gets more national coverage than the 200,00+ Marchers at the March for Life did.

BKennedy on February 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM

I am disgusted with the level of Racism that is supporting Obama’s campaign. If he can’t win on the merits, he should not win because he is black.

I am against Affirmative Action quotas at EVERY level.

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Um, who tried to ram 30 million illegals down our throats with secret backroom deals with La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF and the help of Ted Kennedy last year? Are you on drugs? Being from Agoura Hills, I would not be surprised considering your unintelligible statement.

My advice to you: know your facts before you call on others to do what you have not done. McCain is a traitor to his own party, his state and his country. Remember, Benedict Arnold was a war hero too.

petit bourgeois on February 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM

petit bourgeois on February 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Before you call a great American hero, “traitor”, please take a few moments here and enlighten us on what YOU, yourself have done for your country lately.

*** Crickets Chirping ***

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

laelaps on February 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM

The more I think about it, I think this guy might be right.

Hopefully, it’s going to be a milestone in the evolution of racial politics, USA.

Bye, Jesse. Enter Barak.

Long overdue!

petefrt on February 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Al Sharpton vrs.NAACP:

I have to admire the Democrats logic,boy they just don’t
burn their political bridges they also go after the
banks along the river that supported the bridges!

Recap: Bill Clinton says Obama is no Jesse Jackson,
slam,Hillary you can now kiss the Al Sharpton
and Jesse Jackson Liberal side of that partys
support bye-bye!

Bill Clinton calls Obamas campaign a fairy-tale
now Hillary loses any Obama voters period!And
any fence sitting African American voters are
voting for Obama!

canopfor on February 14, 2008 at 9:16 PM

IMPLOSIONMANIA

Kini on February 14, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Time to wake up black nation.

custer on February 14, 2008 at 9:19 PM

*** Crickets Chirping ***

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Here ya go. Does being surrounded and assaulted by illegal mexican paisano invaders count? How about having a bleeding kidney and pissing blood from being punched from behind by the little cowards and a bruise right next to my gonads where they tried to kick me in the nuts? Does that count?

I would not be risking my health and safety if Juan McCain were doing his job as a US Senator.

You probably should not be commenting on things you know nothing about. Your turn to show what you have done for your country, macho man.

*crickets chirping*

petit bourgeois on February 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Implosionmania

Kini on February 14,2008 at 9:18PM.

Kini: (I’m Kidding)but do you know what the upcoming
DNC Convention needs,A NICE HAWAIAN
PUNCH!HEHE.

canopfor on February 14, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Heh. Maybe this is the end of racial politics!

PattyJ on February 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Now that’s what I am talking about. I hope the Clinton’s keep it up…

Not in my wildest dreams is right…definitely worth the price of admission and then some :-)

TOPV on February 14, 2008 at 9:32 PM

canopfor on February 14, 2008 at 9:26 PM

HA HA! Obama is the shoo in here since he was born here.
Some might consider him kama’aina, but he’ll get the hometown vote.

Can you imagine the DNC breaking out the fire hoses and German Shepard’s? Wooo Weee!

Kini on February 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Heh. Maybe this is the end of racial politics!

PattyJ on February 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Nah, this is the old versus the new racism

Kini on February 14, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Heh. Maybe this is the end of racial politics!

PattyJ on February 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM

“[V]irtually every significant racist in American political history was a Democrat.”

News2Use on February 14, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Can you imagine the DNC breaking out the fire hoses and
German Shepard’s?Wooo Weee.

Kini: on February 14,2008 at 9:39PM.

Kini: You are absolutely right,I think its at a point of
no return,Obama is steaming rolling over her,not
quite Mannheim haha,but close!

I said in a post way back this is coming,like the
68 DNC in Chicago I think.The liberal party is
fighting for its LIBERAL SOUL!

canopfor on February 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM

nuance

p40tiger on February 14, 2008 at 9:59 PM

I said in a post way back this is coming,like the
68 DNC in Chicago I think.The liberal party is
fighting for its LIBERAL SOUL!

canopfor on February 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Yes, I remember that!

Time to resurrect this guy
The more things change, the more things remain the same.

Kini on February 14, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Awesomely awesome in the irony of ironies.

This has nothing to do with 2000 and everything to do with the rules laid forth by the DNC prior to the election season.

They clearly and indisputably warned all states that if they moved their primaries ahead in the schedule, they would be subject to sanction, including having their delegates withheld from being recognized.

MI and FL went ahead and did so anyways. The DNC warned all the candidates not to campaign – Obama and Edwards listened. Hillary did not. She competed. She put her name on the ballot. Hillary won both states uncontested.

Now, someone wants to bitch about the process? Now someone wants to bitch that FL and MI voters got disenfranchised? Sorry, but they have only themselves to blame (AGAIN). And if the DNC caves and allows those votes to be seated, it will be the DNC who is changing the rules on the fly and against the interests of Obama and Edwards who both played by the rules.

Oh, the schadenfreude.

lawhawk on February 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Saw this headline and thought I was dreaming….and it wasn’t a nightmare!

Please Al! Please! March anyway! This would be a real wake up call to my party.

Limerick on February 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM

So what!!! Won’t make any difference. African Americans weren’t going to vote for Hillary anyway. Stay home Al.

jeanie on February 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM

This would be a real wake up call to my party.

Limerick on February 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM

A reason for any party! Actually it may even wake up the conservative democrats to seriously think about where their party is heading. Socialism in the third degree.

Kini on February 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I cannot wait to watch the coming train wreck. This is a no win situation for the dems. The party that claims to be all about empowering those “with no voice” now has to PROVE it. We all know they didn’t really mean it. They want to “empower” the oppressed but only so far.

Obama believed all of it. He is where he is because he played by their rules. And now that he is in a position to realize the fulfillment of those promises, the dems (and by that I mean the white dems that actually run the party) are faced with a dilemma of epic proportion.

Ask yourself this question. What policy differences do Hillary and Obama REALLY have? What goals do they NOT share?

They both want the same America. A socialist America. So agenda is removed from the table as a motivating factor. What is it that is pushing them both to continue as hard as they are?

I hope that AS and JJ do protest the DNC if those delegates from Fla. and Mi. are seated. I want 24/7 coverage of that convention. If the Clinton machine pulls that off, and they will try, the dem party will split. Seating those delegates is the same as telling a black person to “get to the back of the bus”. Hill and Bill want this enough to do just that.

I, for one, can’t wait to see this play out.

Talon on February 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Ugh. Will someone please remind Sharpton that it was Gore and the Democrats that tried to change the rules in 2000. His historical inaccuracy is preventing me from fulling enjoying the infighting.

Spolitics on February 14, 2008 at 10:53 PM

For the love of Pete! Can anyone please tell me why this failed hair dresser come media whore is still flapping his cake hole? Does Sharpton really speak for the black population or only those racists in perpetual victumhood. Disenfranchised my Jerry Curl!

Zorg on February 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM

…Still mourning the fact we are stuck with a pathetic loser like McCain who hates Republicans with my values instead of a situation where GOP superdelegates could have some hope of shutting down the campaign of a political rat bastard traitor who is indistinguishible from either Clinton or Obama.

highhopes on February 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Um, isn’t that a little harsh? Regardless of what you or I think of the man, have respect for the fact that he spent 5 years being tortured in a Viet Cong prison in service to our country. How long would it take you to crack? Stop reading the pre-digested far left wing propaganda long enough to do some independent research before you go off on a tear about McCain, k?

I’ll hold my nose and vote for McCain, not because I like his politics but because I like my freedom and I love my country. He can put the fear of God Allah into those thinking of the next 9-11 much more so than either of the Democrap candidates, IMHO.

NightmareOnKStreet on February 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on February 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Not at all harsh. If you read closely enough you would note that I called McCain a POLITICAL rat bastard traitor. I have nothing but respect for Senator McCain’s POW years. His military service was admirable and lauditory. He has been using that period of his life as a cover to real criticism of his leftist ideology for decades. I won’t let 5 years in a POW camp in the 1960s excuse calling for unquestioned wholesale amnesty of illegals in 2007! Are you an apologist, a McCain liberal or a fool?

John McCain’s military record is beyond reproach but he is a traitor to all the things that made me a conservative Republican. I will not just shut up and vote for the man because he spent five years in a POW camp! McCain’s best friends in the Senate are (Obama supporter) Teddy Kennedy and (Bush impeachment advocate) Russ Feingold. Why in the hell am I supposed to think that McCain has the same socially conservative agenda as I do?

I’m not alone in this opinion and this is the weakness of the McCain campaign. He went to CPAC and between the “my friends” rhetoric told conservatives that they could f*ck off if they didn’t agree with his far left-of-center ideas. He won’t get the fire of support necessary to counter Obama. This is a repeat of the 1960 campaigns with far less able men than Richard Nixon and JFK.

So, in summary, 5 years in a POW camp 40 years ago does not trump the need for real leadership now. I will be relentless in my criticism of John McCain. Clear enough for ya?

highhopes on February 15, 2008 at 12:09 AM

highhopes on February 15, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I am down 100% with that.

Well stated.

Talon on February 15, 2008 at 12:16 AM

The culmination of years and years of propagating identity politics, race baiting, and lust for power in lieu of ideas and solutions.

I love the smell of Democrat infighting in the morning…smells like…VICTORY!

SuperCool on February 15, 2008 at 2:00 AM

And his name is Douchebag…

Claypigeon on February 15, 2008 at 3:03 AM

I must confess, I didn’t know that Cock-fighting was legal in the US?!

OldEnglish on February 15, 2008 at 6:40 AM

This brings back memories of my youth. Chicago 1968. Riots in the streets at the Donk convention. Riot sticks flailing protestors. Tear gas in the air. Dan Rather in reporter mode weeping on the floor of the convention hall.

But this time it is so much more satisfying. Everything sordid thing the Donks have wrapped themselves in is blowing up in their faces like a suicidal jihadist. Diversity, radical feminism, multi-culturalism, kissing the butt of every offended groupism, blame America firstism, ad pukeadum. Loving every minute of it.

JonRoss on February 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM

The mere fact that America (and most Democrats) are now aware that the Superdelegates are poised to render their votes moot makes this the best election ever. I love reminding my DEM buddies of their parties Orwellian superdelegates over and over and over again and should Hillary win I will maintain forever that she cooked the vote to keep the black man down.

Of course all is not blue skies and sunshine when I have to wonder if McCain is going to give all our local MS13 gangsters amnesty before or after he closes Gitmo and trots all the terrorists to their “death to America” trials right here in the USA and who knows if that will be before or after he declares America as evil as Pol Pot (who killed about 8 million Cambodians) for waterboarding 3 terrorists. I guess it doesn’t matter that Obama or Hillary will do the same exact things if they’re elected President. Hmmmmm, well at least Republicans don’t use superdelegates!

Buzzy on February 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM

The velour sweat suit has spoken.

BallisticBob on February 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Too funny. A significant segment of the MI democrat voters are… black. Delicious to see Sharpton et al choosing between a chance to ‘enfranchise’ those voters vs. a chance to ‘disenfranchise’ them in favor of Obama.

Midas on February 15, 2008 at 8:33 AM