Exit polls: The night of tears? Update: Fox calls Virginia for Obama; Update: Obama wins Maryland too?; Update: McCain takes VA & MD; Update: When will Huck quit?

posted at 6:19 pm on February 12, 2008 by Allahpundit

Huckabee within a single percentage point of Maverick in Virginia, says Geraghty — a 31-point gain in three days, if true. And check this out. Among women:

women.jpg

And:

conservs.jpg

radio.jpg

The lesson? Always stock up on liquor before a primary. Stand by for fuller exit poll results imminently. Virginia polls close at 7 p.m.

Update: At the risk of stating the obvious, it doesn’t much matter if Maverick actually pulls out a win in Virginia or not. The fact that it’s this close means Huckabee gets to extend the primary for another few weeks.

Update: 7 o’clock, the polls are closed, and the margin’s already great enough for Fox News to call Virginia for Obama.

The GOP race? Too close to call.

Update: Raw Story claims inside info indicating Obama wins in Maryland and D.C. too.

Update: Based on these exits, it sounds like Maverick’s going to pull it out in Virginia. Barely.

Update: Here’s the GOP exit poll in Virginia. Note the gender divide; down to the wire.

Update (MM): Fox, CNN call Virginia for McCain. “Winning ugly” is still winning.

Update (Bryan): Voting in Maryland was extended 90 minutes, so the polls there are just about to close. We should start getting some data soon.

Update (Bryan): And at 9:30 on the nose, Fox calls the GOP race for McCain. It must be a blowout. Maybe he even topped 50% for the first time. Obama also took Maryland.

Update: Say goodnight, Hucky.

[A]fter going 0 for 3 tonight, despite a valiant effort in Virginia, Huckabee is looking at probably no wins until Texas. (And I don’t think I’d automatically give him a majority or plurality in the Lone Star State, either.)

We’re going to hear a lot about how close tonight was, and Huckabee can have his head held high, but with 86 percent of precincts reporting, it’s McCain 50 percent, Huckabee 41 percent. A nine percent margin isn’t a rout, but it’s not neck-and-neck, either.

It’s a free country, and Huckabee can stay in as long as he likes. But I suspect the question, “what’s the point?” is going to get steadily louder in the coming weeks…

Update: Wow. McCain lost Navy territory?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

Allah,
God called. I answered. He said:

Tell Allah to, “Man up and take my bet!”

I said:

Lord, you have a great sense of humor!
That was worse than any lightning bolt!

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Everyone,
God called. I answered. He said:

Many of you, even many Christians, think the story of David vs. Goliath is a cute little story to tell children.
But I, the Living God, did not give you that scripture for just children.
It is for YOU.
And now I am giving you not one, not two, but three modern day David vs. Goliath stories to teach adults that I am who I say I am:
1) Superbowl
2) RedPill
3) Huckabee
As your Heavenly Father, how many times do I have to tell you I LOVE YOU before you get the message?

I said

Wow.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:06 AM

God called. I answered. He said:

I LOVE YOU, but I WILL NOT BE MOCKED!

I said:

Wow!

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Stop. Spamming. Threads.

HebrewToYou on February 14, 2008 at 11:29 AM

God called. I answered. He said:

Tell the lustful males who came this page just to stare at the three pictures of Megyn Kelly:
this and this.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM

HebrewToYou,
God called. I answered. He said:

Tell “HebrewToYou” that readers aren’t paying attention to him.
They’re paying attention to Me, The LORD God of the Hebrews.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM

God called. I answered. He said:

I hear the people who are asking,
“Is it really possible to talk with God?”
Tell them, “Yes.”

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM

God called. I answered. He said:

Tell all the people who think I, and My people, are a joke:
I have a sense of humor, but I am no joke.
I will not be mocked, and I will be glorified.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Huckabee/Thompson defeats Obama/Edwards this November.

Now do you have eyes to see?

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM

And remember, I told you before that God only told me that Huckabee will be the next President of the United States.

He didn’t tell me the rest of it, so if any of that is wrong, it was me (the one who took the red pill) that was wrong, not God.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM

God called. I answered. He said:

This is an example of spiritual warfare.
Support Israel.

I said:

Yes, Lord. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM

God called. I answered. He said:

I think someone’s about to be banned…

in a kind of sing-song way. I said:

Yep!

OneGyT on February 14, 2008 at 12:14 PM

God called. I answered. He said:

Show people that the next President of the United States supports Israel.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Those who can’t handle the truth try to silence those who speak it.

Selah.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said (I think – not really sure what you were trying to say) but the spaminess was really really annoying.

OneGyT on February 14, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Who is OneGyT, and what gave him the right to ban ITookTheRedPill?

OneGyT on February 14, 2008 at 12:24 PM

That statement makes about as much sense as censoring ITookTheRedPill. How can you “agree with everything” someone said, when you readily admit that you are “not really sure what [they] were trying to say”?

In truth, the banning of ITookTheRedPill only goes to prove that what he was saying is right. The last thing he said before being banned was:

Those who can’t handle the truth try to silence those who speak it.

Selah.

ITookTheRedPill on February 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Red Pill on February 26, 2008 at 3:52 AM

I have made this clear in other threads, but I wanted to come back here and be clear as well. I am ITookTheRedPill. ITookTheRedPill user was banned by OneGyT on February 14, 2008.

I was not able to leave comments until comment registration was opened for a brief window when Captain Ed joined HotAir on February 25, 2008 and I was able to return as Red Pill. The comment I left above on February 26th was intentionally third-person because I wasn’t sure if I would be immediately banned again if OneGyT realized that I am the same person s/he banned before. I admit that using third-person was not fully honest, and I apologize for my actions. I have never used two different user names at the same time.

The fact remains that OneGyT (not Michelle, not Allahpundit, not Bryan) banned me. The question remains:
Who is OneGyT, and what gave him/her the right to ban me?

If I am ever banned from HotAir again, I will start posting more to my own blog (click on “Red Pill” to follow the link).

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Er, no, I banned you. Do you really think anyone else but us three has the power to ban?

You’ll be banned again if you start spamming threads, too.

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Allah, thanks for your response. That was the first indication I have had that it was you, not OneGyT, who banned me. Thank you for letting me continue to post under a new user name after being “resurrected” when Captain Ed joined HotAir. I ask in all sincerity, can you please clarify what behavior qualifies as spamming threads? Is it posting the same material to more than one thread? Is it posting repeatedly to the same thread? I will obey your rules, I just need clarification of the rules so that I don’t break them. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Posting repeated off-topic stuff about how “God called,” precisely as you did in this thread, would qualify.

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Allah, thanks again for your response. I understand your perspective and respect your authority on this site. I respectfully ask that you try to understand my perspective that God has talked to people in the past and continues to talk to people who seek him. It’s not always a conversation with the physical mouth and physical ears…sometimes it’s a spiritual conversation. I truly believe that I was communicating what God wanted me to communicate. At the same time, I understand that you are not happy with the “God called” posts, and I have not repeated them since my return to HotAir.

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM

They’re off-topic. Unless and until one of us posts a “God called” thread, they have no place on the site. Simple as that.

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Do threads you post with headlines starting “Good lord:” qualify? ;-)

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Even though I said that with a wink, I’m serious…you do it a lot.

You did it the day you banned me…

Good lord: 18 people shot at Northern Illinois University?
posted at 5:15 pm on February 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

…you did it today…

Good lord: Entire original “Star Trek” series now online?
posted at 9:50 am on April 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

…and you’ve done it several times in between. Even if you are doing it sarcastically, when you say “Good lord”, the Lord hears you. And sometimes he uses born-again, Holy Spirit-filled believers like me to respond to you.

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 2:28 PM

It’s a figure of speech. Here’s my final warning to you before you’re banned again: Stop using threads, especially old threads, for off-topic nonsense. Everything clear?

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Allah,
What you are saying is clear and you have every right to ban me (although I would appreciate an agreement among you, Michelle, and Captain Ed before you unilaterally ban me). With all due respect, how is what you are saying to me any different than this:

Indonesian fascists block YouTube nationwide over “Fitna”

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 2:44 PM

how is what you are saying to me any different than this:

Indonesian fascists block YouTube nationwide over “Fitna”

Because Fitna’s being banned for being threatening and offensive. You’d be getting banned simply for posting things that are off-topic. And of course you’re free to start your own blog and preach to the world, whereas a national ban in Indonesia silences Fitna for that whole country.

Allahpundit on April 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Red Pill on April 8, 2008 at 1:01 PM

A little further explanation…
At first I thought it had been OneGyT who banned me because OneGyT posted a ban warning right before I was banned (February 14, 2008 at 12:14 PM) and a response right after I was banned (February 14, 2008 at 12:24 PM), without any indication from Allahpundit that I was banned. Either OneGyT is really Allahpundit, or OneGyT is omniscient.

Red Pill on April 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Lay off the off-topic stuff, stick to the subjects at hand, and you’ll be fine.

Allahpundit on April 9, 2008 at 5:23 PM

The topic of this thread is Mike Huckabee. Mike Huckabee is a Christian and is open about his Christianity. You seem to have no problem with people saying all sorts of nasty things about Huckabee and evangelical Christians. People have said nasty things to me including “Burn in Hell”. You didn’t ban them. I personally think that telling someone to “Burn in Hell” is a lot more offensive than anything I have said to you.

Allahpundit, I respect your authority on this site. You have every right to ban me unilaterally if you so desire. In my opinion, that would be another example of what we see all around the globe…the last thing I said before you banned me before.

Red Pill on April 15, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Kind of reminds one of the move Expelled, now doesn’t it?

Red Pill on April 24, 2008 at 1:15 PM