Video: Campaign office decor of the day!

posted at 5:07 pm on February 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

Try to guess. Left-wing, cult of personality — you’ve got a 50/50 shot.

Who’d be the right-wing equivalent of Che, anyway? McVeigh? His body count’s lower but spiritually they’re two of a kind. Tack up a poster of him in some McCain outpost and see if the media notices. Click the image to watch.

obama-che.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Isn’t that Obamas face superimposed over Che’s?

BL@KBIRD on February 11, 2008 at 7:27 PM

I think my head just exploded.

I hope every freakin’ blog on the planet picks this up. Everyone should right click on that image, and copy it into an e-mail and send it to everyone they know.

flipflop on February 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I guessed correctly. Allah, you didn’t even need to give us the hint of “cult of personality” for most of us to get it. He’s as left as American lawmakers come. That’s why Sen. Kerry loves him. He’s jealous that Obama out-liberaled him, but Kerry still loves him…

Skidd on February 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM

DU picked up on the story – General spin is that there were no “paid” staff, so it is not officially an Obama HQ and that Fox News just made it up. One poster did add:

75. I’ll be going down there for the volunteer meeting at seven Tuesday. I’ll letcha know if it’s still up. I expect that it won’t be.

rw on February 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM

It’s at times such as this that I really do not envy you your job AP ;)

LimeyGeek on February 11, 2008 at 7:49 PM

rw on February 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM

loved—loved the comments on that thread! But I thought the announcer said it was His paid staff—and if they said it on the news, it must be true.

Wow, just….wow

dish on February 11, 2008 at 7:53 PM

okay, I DID hit the emphasis/off button—sorry ’bout that Chief.

dish on February 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM

The funny thing is I’d tend to peg Obama as the sappy Euro-Socialist type (“The State should decide because it can make you happy!”), with Hillary far more the Stalinist (“The State should decide because you are stupid”). Of course, most people who bandy about that damned picture of Gueverra don’t know who he was, anyway, just that he was a leftist and non-white.

Blacklake on February 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Che Guevera was unavailable for comment

Wade on February 11, 2008 at 8:06 PM

heh, just saw this on LGF too, posted at 7:30pm est. Word is spreading…

dish on February 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Che Guevera was unavailable for comment

Courtesy the CIA, I believe.

gmoonster on February 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM

At least Hillary is a patriotic Communist.

windbag on February 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Link died–goes to “dead stack trace” now.

Chap on February 11, 2008 at 8:41 PM

link dead now.

broker1 on February 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM

hmmm the video is no longer available at their website.. guess they caught on.

Luckedout on February 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Link’s just fine now…but slow. I think they’re suffering from a link-a-lanche.

flipflop on February 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM

they must have gotten a “phone call”.

broker1 on February 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Who’d be the right-wing equivalent of Che, anyway?

Probably Franscisco Franco.

Military dictator and Spanish head of state, 1939-1975 Nationalism and Corporatism were his trademarks. Half-heartedly supported the axis but dispised Hitler’s anti-Catholicism. A mostly negative mixed bag if ever there was one.

BKennedy on February 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM

they must have gotten a “phone call”.

broker1 on February 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM

heh…no doubt.

JetBoy on February 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Yeah,, and ya know what a lot of Obama idiots will say,, “Hey, dude,, cool flag!”
Hillary idiots? “Dude!, See the cool flag Obama’s got! Dude! We need one!!!”

JellyToast on February 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

“Who’d be the right-wing equivalent of Che, anyway?”

Second look at Roberto D’Aubuisson!!1!

Dusty on February 11, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Now that’s Old School… Well, 80s old school at least!

darkpixel on February 11, 2008 at 9:14 PM

“Hey, who the hombre in the flag? He’s Latino, so he must be for Hillary, que no?”

jgapinoy on February 11, 2008 at 9:30 PM

OBAMA FOR THE PIPPLES!!!

What are “pipples”???

Talon on February 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Countdown to major MSM coverage in 9,999,999,999… 9,999,999,998… 9,999,999,997…

With any luck, the person responsible was fired so hard they’re in orbit by now.

This kind of crap just isn’t funny. It is very much the moral equivalent of having cheery posters of OBL in your campaign office, the exception being that we know how Che died – begging for his pathetic murderous life and promising to sell out all his comrades.

I’m not one to lay this all at Obama’s feet, but whoever put that up, and whoever left that up when the camera crews arrived, needs to be booted publicly and harshly.

If they aren’t, THEN it will end up at Obama’s feet – the same way Paul’s refusal to distance himself from Neo-Nazis ultimately doomed his campaign.

So don’t go throwing “Che Obama” or “Barack Guevara” around until Obama has a chance to call these people out.

Probably a week at least. After that, as they say, “fair game.”

Merovign on February 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Way to go geniuses, another unfounded accusation of media bias. There are enough instances of verifiable media bias without you birds chirping sans any real evidence.

Such loose allegations marginalize the real ones. Precisely, who would have called whom in this case to get the news station to actually pull the video? Why would the station manager do this? These questions need to be addressed to substantiate any clamis of media bias.

***
[offtopic]
Our President has spent more money and created more programs than any other Republican in history. He has us grabbing our ankles on border security.

Why complain about Dems? We screwed this pooch ourselves.

The Race Card on February 11, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Hey, where’s TOPV and the rest of the crew to tell us that they can’t wait to vote for Obama?

funky chicken on February 11, 2008 at 9:49 PM

And here I was thinking that nothing could make McCain look good.

PrettyD_Vicious on February 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Um, Obamanaics? Che’s dead. Get over it.

Insomniac on February 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I’m sure Obama’s minister would approve.

mred on February 11, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Guarantee it. The candidate is almost certainly down with it, too.

Jaibones on February 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM

When I clicked on that video I got a commercial for George Lopez “American Mexican”. I’m glad we have one. They even had an Aerican flag in the background.

ninjapirate on February 11, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Obama ’08: Vote For Che-nge!

Yes folks, I’ll be here all night.

elpresidente on February 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM

I think my head just exploded.

flipflop on February 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM

A piece of my forehead broke the monitor. This will never see the light of MSM day, unless Hillary’s minions get it out, which come to think of it…

Jaibones on February 11, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Not sure what is more UFB: That Che’s pic is in an Obama campaign office, or that Che’s pic is larger than Obama’s right next to it!

ToddonCapeCod on February 11, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Obama doesn’t have a prayer in hell of carrying Texas as the Dem nominee, but it would still be fun to hear someone ask him whether he personally believes socialism is worth lining up thousands against the walls.

Socialisma o muerte!

Mark V. on February 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM

As the a-hole Che said (before being plugged):

While envisioning the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America.”

I guess the know what CHANGE they HOPE for.

Che also blurted out his true epitaph:

Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel.”

profitsbeard on February 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Wonder if the Cuban population in Miami will vote for Obama once they see that shot…that would be a good shot for McCain to include in a Florida campaign ad.

JustTruth101 on February 11, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Friggin’ brilliant, AP.

The Ugly American on February 11, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Obama ‘08: Vote For Che-nge!

(Yes folks, I’ll be here all night.)

elpresidente on February 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Nice.

Jaibones on February 11, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Not sure if anyone notice the caption under the video at the site where this video is:

The office featured in this video is funded by volunteers of the Barack Obama Campaign and is not an official headquarters for his campaign.

…as if the Mesiabama’s campaign tried to squash the story and got the caption instead.

Anyway, why is it whenever I see raving moonbats with a Che shrine, I always get the sense that those moonbats have absolutely zero clue about Che’s history?

Are they truly that ignorant that they do not know anything about him?

91Veteran on February 12, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Honestly…I can’t believe they didn’t even question why that was hanging there. I wonder if the station got many calls about it…

JetBoy on February 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM

The whole video is interesting. When you see the screen cap, it shows this huge flag and unmistakably Che. When you view the video, they are zoomed in on the Mesiabama picture, then zoom out to the point you can’t tell what it is.

Makes one wonder if they are campaigning for Che with Mesiabama as Veep.

Ya think they even know Che’s taking the long dirt nap?

91Veteran on February 12, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Probably a week at least. After that, as they say, “fair game.”

Merovign on February 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM

ANY ONE on the right certainly would get no quarter for the same stupidity, and Mesiabama should get none either.

91Veteran on February 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Blacklake on February 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM

And murdered by the CIA.
Yea cant forget that.

Gwillie on February 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM

And murdered by the CIA.

Ah, the heady days when the CIA knew its job.

Mark V. on February 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Hillary is a Socialist. Obama is a Socialist. Second look at McCain?

SoulGlo on February 12, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Who’d be the right-wing equivalent of Che, anyway? McVeigh?

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see a Timothy McVeigh or Branch Davidian poster in a Ron Paul campaign office.

Alalazoo on February 12, 2008 at 1:49 AM

Cripes! The murderous Che Guevera printed on the flag of CUBA, and hung as a mast head in one of Barack Hussein Obama’s campaign offices… in the State of Texas???

Oh well, maybe it serves some sort of useful purpose (after all, they’re obviously useful idiots), like getting the Latino’s to vote for Barack Hussein Obama instead of Hillary Clinton, or something.

Unfrigginbelievable … or NOT!

SilverStar830 on February 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM

91Veteran – Yes, exactly my point.

Let’s face it, if you want to get the word out, you need to use the MSM.

The MSM wants to be used by the left.

You have to let the left burn their own bed.

Is that fair? Oh, HELL no. But unless you’ve got billions to spare and a heck of a lot of spare time, you can’t compete.

Premature screaming on this one just sets Obama up as the victim.

If it doesn’t go wild, maybe Obama will let it slide – at which point he’s “approved by omission” like Paul did. There’s a decent chance he would do that, given how little he likes to say about policy and how many moonbats are in his employ, and how far left he is.

‘S’all I’m sayin’, not that anyone has to do what I say.

Merovign on February 12, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Apparently, that’s not the only Che/Cuba flag hanging proudly on the wall of Barack Hussein Obama supporters… but at least this one has an American flag in the middle sandwiched between the Che/Cuba flag and a Peace Symbol flag. Talk about an oxymoron.

SilverStar830 on February 12, 2008 at 3:26 AM

This is one of Obama’s main backers here. You want this guy to have a direct line to the White House?

Go ahead and stay home.

LtE126 on February 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Here is a nice little article on the Che cult.

boomer on February 12, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Someone send the link to Olbermann and tell him it’s a McCain headquarters.

He’ll swallow it.

drjohn on February 12, 2008 at 9:00 AM

WTF.??? I’m sending this to every Cuban radio station in Miami, unbelievable. Do these people even have a clue of what Che Guevara stands for? How can you put his picture on top of a Cuban flag? Oh man, they should be deported to Cuba immediately. Better yet, straight to Gitmo and waterboarded.

As for the Mexican claiming to be Hispanic, dude got news for you, you are an illegal Mexican. Stop using the Hispanic label. Thanks for lighting my fuse this morning, I’m on a roll today and won’t stop until everyone that I know sees this.

Cuerbo on February 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Guevara is dead and so is Wellstone — Unfortunately I still see Wellstone bumper stickers too.

Dasher on February 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Che Guevera was unavailable for comment

Courtesy the CIA, I believe.

gmoonster on February 11, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Yeah? and your point??

And murdered by the CIA.
Ah, the heady days when the CIA knew its job.

Mark V. on February 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Precisely Mark!

bernzright777 on February 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM

I’m sure the Barry Hussein useful idiot ‘volunteer’ campaign workers who think Che was a swell guy and a true revolutionary who spoke ‘truth to power’ are all against Gitmo, and want it shut down. Somehow, when it comes to Che and his execution protocols, I don’t think any last meals, if provided at all, were as sumptuous as those fed the detainees at Gitmo. That any person in this country thinks Che is some sort of hero shows the failure of our educational system, where every value, even a murderous one, is valued and respected.

The fact that this ‘Manchurian candidate’ Hussein, a man with no accomplishments and all rhetoric, has gotten as far as he has in a presidential election makes me fear for the future of my country. I used to think that the balkanization of America would come through our melting pot no longer working, but now I fear that the balkanization of America will come about between those who truly understand history, and those of recent vintage given the PC multi-culti version of history. A thumbing of one’s nose at “an informed electorate” and all those other old dead white guy beliefs, including the Constitution.

RickZ on February 12, 2008 at 10:41 AM

I didn’t notice the disclaimer at first, but the narrator also says that the offices will be manned by paid staffers by the end of the week. Heh.

Jaibones on February 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I sure would like to know whose picture it is on the wall to the left of the flag. From the general configuration, it almost looks like someone whose first name is very similar to “Obama”, but slightly different.

drunyan8315 on February 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM

The only Che shirt I’d wear.

Or maybe this one.

Frozen Tex on February 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM

I’ve got that first one. I love wearing it here in Phoenix, AZ. I always get some hatred looks from some people. I encourage everyone to get one and wear it.

VikingGoneWild on February 12, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Can anyone say Hsu Che momma?

Let the revolution begin comrades.

trs on February 12, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Nuance Alert Below the video on the page from the link, it states:

The video states that paid staffers for the Obama campaign are expected to man the offices by the end of the week. It sounds like a campaign office to me. Do you think they’ll remove the flag?

threeCents on February 12, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Okay, this is something I know nothing about. So, I ask to be educated.

-Who is this guy?
-Why do libs like him?
-What’s the TRUTH about him (i.e., not the liberal version of events)?

Thank you.

Darksean on February 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM

kay, this is something I know nothing about. So, I ask to be educated.

-Who is this guy?
-Why do libs like him?
-What’s the TRUTH about him (i.e., not the liberal version of events)?

Darksean on February 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Those are sharp questions.

Seize him!!!

Shy Guy on February 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Che Guevera.
Because he was anti-American and a communist.
He murdered innocent men, women, and children (whose only crime was trying to latch on to their fathers who were being dragged off in the middle of the night to be executed.)

Blake on February 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Seriously, read Fidel’s Executioner, for starters.

Shy Guy on February 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Darksean on February 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Let me get this straight. You’re asking for information about Che Guevara, but you’re either too dumb or lazy to do your own research. Here’s some help: Che Guevara.

Instead of being a lemming and following what others say, why not form your own opinions? You are as sheepish as the liberals whose version of events you so eschew.

Don’t thank anybody. Your feckless approach to history is all your own.

The Race Card on February 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM

The Race Card on February 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Wow.

Gee, thanks for your help…

Shy Guy and Blake, thanks. That is helpful. I hope you aren’t exoriated by Race for it.

Darksean on February 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM

LGF has one better photo.

ninjapirate on February 12, 2008 at 2:32 PM

That is helpful. I hope you aren’t exoriated by Race for it.

Darksean on February 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM

DON’T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS!

SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS STUFFY-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

:D

Shy Guy on February 12, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven please protect us and our wonderful country. As much as I absolutely hate the thought, I may have to vote McVain. (Man, that makes my stomach churn) I trust him no further than I can throw him but to flaunt the flag and pic of Che? Maybe we will have a revolution by Nov. Well, I can hope can’t I?

Proudvet on February 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Shy Guy on February 12, 2008 at 2:39 PM

heh

Jaibones on February 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM

And murdered by the CIA.
Yea cant forget that.

Gwillie on February 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM

No dear Gwillie, he was either killed in action or killed after being captured, I do not recall which. Being killed in action is an occupational hazard in his line of work, brutally forcing communism on people. When you do brutally try to force communism on people and do it outside the bounds of conventional warfare to boot, don’t be surprised if your captors follow the Geneva Convention to the letter regarding combatants not in the uniform of a sovereign nation and execute you after capturing you. Oh, this is why we have Gitmo, because President Bush isn’t following the Geneva Convention to the letter. Murder it ain’t; justice it is.

Here is a real revolutionary: http://www.thoseshirts.com/reagan.html

As for that flag in the Obama Osama office……wipe your a$$ with it and then burn it. That picture speaks louder and clearer than any of his speeches. That picture should be plastered everywhere and the RNC should run adds showing it 24/7/365.

Bubba Redneck on February 13, 2008 at 11:34 PM