Flashback 1994 video: When Seattle booed Hillary

posted at 4:01 pm on February 9, 2008 by Michelle

Back in 1994, my old friend KVI talk show host Kirby Wilbur organized a massive protest when then-First Lady Hillary Clinton came to town to promote her national health care takeover. It was a turning point that halted her socialist steamroller. As Washingtonians vote today in the state’s primaries, I thought it would be enlightening to remind folks that she can be stopped.

Comments

Hillary circa 1994: Different hairdo, same annoying whiny voice.

Always Right on February 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Shrill then, shrill now
I am tired, I am tired of listening to that voice. Make it go away!

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Sadly, I don’t think she would get booed on this issue in today’s times.

terryannonline on February 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

terryannonline on February 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

CA and OR both rejected similar proposals recently. I wouldn’t be so sure about it. The devil is in the details. Its easy to wax philosophic on it; but once you bring up costs and results around the world, people realize its a mistake.

lorien1973 on February 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Some people never learn.
If your stupid enough to become a Marxist, your probably stupid enough to stay a Marxist.

Speakup on February 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM

A couple of my buddies went to a ralley of hers in the Seattle area and said that the people weren’t too thrilled with her – and they had no problem with some of their boos.

ApartforHaShem on February 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

lorien1973 on February 9, 2008 at 4:15 PM

That is good to know.

terryannonline on February 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Y’know, it’s time we in America solved one of our problems: by making the Clintons go away and shut up.

Y’know, four years of her will destroy the country. Or, y’know, if we’re lucky, she’ll simply polarize it to an extent that we’ll need decades to put it back together.

Y’know?

MrScribbler on February 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM

You don’t think Obama wants to do the same thing? And his cult-like status would make it harder to stop. At least people suspect something is up when the clintons are involved.

lorien1973 on February 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Umm…uh…everyone’s projecting Huckabee winning Kansas.

Hello?

“Conservative” Hot-Air…yeah, right!

Al-Ozarka on February 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Watched some of the local Seattle news here last night. Had to switch it off — the local reporters were sickening orgasmic in their coverage of her.

CrazyFool on February 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Unbridled socialism then and now.
For your own good, something must be taken away from you.

She will decide.

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

lorien1973 on February 9, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I get the feeling from Obama that he wants to be liked. So the minute he hears protest about health care, he’ll budge some.

terryannonline on February 9, 2008 at 4:27 PM

For your own good, something must be taken away from you.

No, it’s for the children, don’t you know?

terryannonline on February 9, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Ugh…that was like a flashback to my elementary school years. When I was 10 I went to Bill’s ’97 Inauguration and all my teachers were so excited to see Bill and Hillary. Socialist wondercouple.

mattyj86 on February 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM

The threat to our culture comes from within. The 1960’s welfare programs created a culture of poverty. Some think we won that battle when we reformed welfare, but the liberals haven’t given up. At every turn, they try to substitute government largesse for individual responsibility. They fight to strip work requirements from welfare, to put more people on Medicaid, and to remove more and more people from having to pay any income tax whatsoever. Dependency is death to initiative, risk-taking and opportunity. Dependency is a culture-killing drug—we have got to fight it like the poison it is!

Mitt Romney

It turns free born citizens into enervated wards of the nanny-state.

Mark Steyn about 9:50-10:25

CPAC 2008

Deety on February 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Whenever a leftist uses “It’s for the children” hold on to your wallet.

jukin on February 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Whenever a leftist uses “It’s for the children” hold on to your wallet.

jukin on February 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Funny, I thought I was responsible for taking care of my child. I’ve wasted my time and money for the last 12 years. I didn’t know Hillary was willing to do it for me. Maybe now I’ll be able to have a couple more. Nah, I believe I’ll take my chances on my own.

Les in NC on February 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM

To quote Stevie Wonder, “isn’t she lovely?” gag.

d1carter on February 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM

“We need to do this for to the children.”

FIFY

Say no to the child exploitation.

Deety on February 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Shrill Robotic then, shrill robotic now
I am tired, I am tired of listening to that voice. Make it go away!

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I’ll never watch news for 4 years if the nightmare happens.

abinitioadinfinitum on February 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I’ll never watch news for 4 years if the nightmare happens.

abinitioadinfinitum on February 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Stop watching now. Have you read one word about what her available papers released on the first health care reform said? Methods of how to intimidate critics, the biggest gov. takeover of private industry when we were not at war, the MSN was in her pocket then as well as now.

Les in NC on February 9, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Oh yes, back in the day when she had a more feminine look.

I heard a rumor that people were asked not to “boo” during McCain’s CPAC speech. I think we need more people to vocalize there pleasure/displeasure with a speaker. Civility is for the library.

Josh on February 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Ah, the grunge Seattle era.

RobCon on February 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM

That Voice…

Who needs the fairness doctrine? If Rush has to play clips of her voice on the air it really will be the “death of talk radio”.

A Vote for Obama in the Primary is a Vote
FOR the Future of Right Wing Radio.

Dorvillian on February 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Crazyfool@4:25PM – the press are “sickening orgasmic” about either Clinton, to their face…then, out come the Obama praises. Think we have a new prom queen to fawn over? It’s too delicious…

I did pull a copy of Hillary’s released papers from Judicial Watch and sent them around the world. Now, if we could locate some delectable morsels on the prom queen, just sayin’!

24K lady on February 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Oh yes, back in the day when she had a more feminine look.

Josh on February 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Life before pantsuits.

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 5:21 PM

FWIW, we aren’t voting today, per se; we held our caucus today. In the GOP, half of our delegates will be chosen based on todays’s caucus, and half will be chosen based on the results of our primary, which is on the 19th.

I just left the caucus, and each precinct was allotted a number of delegates based on population; from there, the delegates we chose are sent to the Snohomish County (north of Seattle) convention, where delegates are chosen for the state convention.

Incidentally, I was chosen to be a delegate for my precinct :) Good times.

fourstringfuror on February 9, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Good grief, she sounded just as shrill then as she does now. Guess she sounded like that as a baby too.

Nice touch, Themis.

petefrt on February 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Oh yes, back in the day when she had a more feminine look.

Josh on February 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM

It’s tough to maintain that look when you are the most cheated on woman in America.

labrat on February 9, 2008 at 5:41 PM

labrat on February 9, 2008 at 5:41 PM
A womans scorn is Hillary’s socialist state.

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Seattle still doesn’t like her. She’s going to get killed in WA. The magical unity pony is going to beat her by 4-1 in delegates from WA. You heard it here first.

e-pirate on February 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Wow, they were really booing her, that was great!

4shoes on February 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM

e-pirate on February 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM

We don’t like her, but we got a Hillary clone in Chris Gregoire. Ironic, no?

fourstringfuror on February 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Good thing she lost the Groucho Marx eyebrows since.

BL@KBIRD on February 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Good thing she lost the Groucho Marx eyebrows since.

BL@KBIRD on February 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Once a Marxist always a Marxist.

Deety on February 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM

On Hillary’s universal health care and Groucho Marx:

A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.

Groucho Marx

Pretty much sums up that.

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Flashback 2008 video: When Conservatives Booed McCain

How is that for being relevant?

Exit Question: Which candidate would do the most long term harm to the GOP? My answer remains McAmnesty.

DannoJyd on February 9, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Kini on February 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Sweeet!

Taxi service Cuba style!

Deety on February 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Oh my word that woman has a shrill brain scratching voice. I loved hearing the boos but I had to stop the video because her voice is so grating.

She has zero speaking ability. Grate, grate grate. Like fingernails across a chalk board (side note: 10 more years or so and most people won’t understand that simile…chalkboards won’t exist!)

Shrillary. Perfect name for a shrill woman.

I actually feel sorry for Bill.

Montana on February 9, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Here’s that wonderful experience she brags about. What a wonderful record of change she has…

thesheesh on February 10, 2008 at 12:48 AM

I see she’s got this tears-thing down pretty good. We’re all in for a good 4 year cry if she wins this shit.

johnnyU on February 10, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Makes you want to rip your eyes out, deep fat fry them, and cram them into your ears so you can never, EVER hear her again.

Waterboarding the boys at Gitmo I have no problem with.
Making them listen to that voice…..now THAT’S torture.

Bubba Redneck on February 10, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Waterboarding the boys at Gitmo I have no problem with.
Making them listen to that voice…..now THAT’S torture.

Bubba Redneck on February 10, 2008 at 3:22 AM

That was just too funny…and true!

Glynn on February 10, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Whenever a leftist uses “It’s for the children” hold on to your wallet.

jukin on February 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

…and everything else you hold dear. Anyone willing to use the “it’s for the children” shield for political gain ain’t stopping at whatever issue they are using it for at that moment.
“internet censorship? For the children”
“curbing other free speech rights in the name of not offending people? Uhhh…that’s for the children too. You don’t hate children do you?!?!”
All familiar refrains.

MannyT-vA on February 10, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Hiterly does not know how to or cares to listen.

In her head the sneers(boos) went in one ear, rattled around in empty space long enough to come out the other ear as cheers.

The phenomena is known as resonance, and that is about as close to reason that Hiterly will ever get.

MSGTAS on February 10, 2008 at 7:32 AM

MSGTAS on February 10, 2008 at 7:32 AM

That’s because she’s better than you. She knows what’s best for all of us.

Now, if I can just get my ears to stop bleeding after listening to those clips…

CliffHanger on February 10, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Seattle hasn’t changed except that now the Left boos her because she isn’t far enough out on the fringe.

Flawed logic in her analogy about the west. Washington state and the west was settled because people took personal initiative to move to unknown territory to try and better their lives and build something new. They didn’t move to the west because the government subsidized their move and had land waiting for them when they arrived.

Can you say demagoguery?

Mallard T. Drake on February 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM

She has really aged, amazing how much older she looks even with the surgery – help.

AprilOrit on February 10, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Same old, some old . . . once a Marxist always a Marxist.

rplat on February 10, 2008 at 1:55 PM

They’re not booing…they’re chanting; Hill…ummm…Clint…um…Rodh…

OK I guess they are booing.

soundingboard on February 10, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Same argument too…give Americans the same health care benefits enjoyed by members of Congress. Does that mean we have to behave like Congress too: mired in gridlock, self-adulation, incompetence, and hold court of petty arguments? Or, do something really important, like hold hearings on steroid use in major league baseball.

I’d fire them all if I had the chance.

joeyb1955 on February 10, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Can you say demagoguery?

Mallard T. Drake on February 10, 2008 at 1:10 PM

We settled the West because of gold and land. From the earliest days, the impetus for migration has always been inherently selfish. That isn’t a bad thing, either.

HRC is wrong, anyway. Plenty of people said it couldn’t be, shouldn’t be done. Those people were the pansy east-cost liberals, the same people who tell us today that our economy is in trouble, and we can’t survive without the government.

fourstringfuror on February 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Proof, as if any were needed, that if you ring the alarm-bell long enough, and blow the alarm-siren loud enough, you can create an issue out of thin air.

The so-called “Medical Insurance Crisis” and the so-called “Global Warming Crisis” are two sides of the same coin.

franksalterego on February 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM

she’s a loser. a shrill whiny crybaby loser.

obama is a better, mo’sweet’n mo’smooth talkin snake-oil salesman than she is, but it’s still snake-oil.

the sad thing is, if the dems take the white house; their gonna buy every freakin person in the USA (includin illegals) snake-oil, with taxpayer dollars.

and we all know snake-oil doesn’t work.

so our health won’t improve.

in fact, as the kill the golden goose – BIG PHARMA – our health will decline.

and we also all know that the SEIU and AFSCME and the hospital unions are gonna make out like bandits if the dems pass nationalized healthcare.

reliapundit on February 10, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Free healthcare, cool, bring it on. Oh I have to pay for it with mandatory payroll deductions? Nevermind.

2Tru2Tru on February 10, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Where’s the 3rd video clip?

The one where the hunchback swings down on a rope and whisks Hillary to the safety of the belfry?

Shy Guy on February 11, 2008 at 6:25 AM