Video: Ingraham introduces Romney — by knocking McCain

posted at 2:26 pm on February 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

It’s not to my taste as a lead-in to a gracious speech about unity in a time of war but Ingraham’s conscience is clear on this point so she’s entitled to her digs. With any luck the crowd will have been stirred into a sufficiently vocal hostility by the time Maverick speaks that the Dems will get not one but two or three different campaign commercials out of the booing.

One point left unmentioned in the post about Mitt’s speech: It’s not just Huckabee who’s been backed into a corner by it. What does talk radio do now that Romney’s equated opposition to McCain with defeat in Iraq?

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Rush is (seriously) considering a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.

amerpundit on February 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM

It would be nothing less than the sociopathic traitor deserves.

Color me supremely indifferent.

No, that’s not true. I’m going to enjoy every last second of his humiliating meltdown.

Every. Last. Second.

Misha I on February 7, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

I serioously doubt the dems will want to knock McCain for being booed by Conservatives. The want to paint him as a right wing conservative not give credit to his moderate stances.

So boo McCain I say. Let him know that he isnt liked and while we will consider backing him in November over the dems he leaves a lot to be desired and that he needs us as much as we are forced to back him.

William Amos on February 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Well, that’s one way where Mitt and I disagree; if we elect McCain, there will be no GOP opposition to any poor policies of his, including closing Gitmo, and closing it will be DISASTROUS. So sorry Mitt, I’ll part with you on this issue, still not going to support McCain.

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

On “Calm Down”:

From The Corner:

This, My Friend, Is John McCain’s Audience Today [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

An e-mail:

Uncle Johnny Mac’s soothing admonition to “calm down” reminds me of what
John Adams wrote in his diary about Lord North:

“He rocks the cradle and sings lullaby, and the innocent children go to
sleep, while he prepares the birch to whip the poor babes.”

INC on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Glad I don’t know any Larua Ingraham’s then.

I do know this one classless, clueless Rudy troll though, ends his name with Hammer.

BKennedy on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Laura Ingraham, intelligent, feisty, and awesome.

NTWR on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

I love Larua I listen to her every morning before Rush. Too bad mitt’s coming on to break our spirit.

STAYHOME’08

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Disagree, but it does not do her well to be operating in an echo chamber. Did she know he was dropping out? My mind might be changed on how brazen and foolish this was if she did.

Vizzini on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

ChrisM on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Go ahead vote for Hillary as a vote against Mccain. When HC is in charge and really puts the country in a bind DONT COMPLAIN!.

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Did she know he was dropping out?

Vizzini on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Apparently McCain’s team and Mitt’s own supporters didn’t know.

amerpundit on February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

These days, my reaction to “calm down” is “bite me”.

Jimmie on February 7, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Glad I don’t know any Larua Ingraham’s then.

BKennedy on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

my typing skillz pwn.. >:}

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:36 PM

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM

What happens when McShamnesty puts in a bind? He WILL I promise. I’d rather complain about a demoncat.

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Pot, meet kettle. I don’t particularly like Laura, but classless and clueless? Chakra Hammer and tommylotto both have a penchant for hyperbole. Quite unbecoming.

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Apparently McCain’s team and Mitt’s own supporters didn’t know.

amerpundit on February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

True… but we did. I have to think he at least told is introducer, but maybe not.

Vizzini on February 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Jimmie on February 7, 2008 at 2:36 PMJimmie on February 7, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Children throw tantrums.

Adults formulate strategies.

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Sorry, I don’t understand. What’s a McShamnesty and a demoncat?

Vizzini on February 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I like laura but sometimes it astonishes me that people cannot look at the big picture right now. Early, it’s easy to understand, but now…Mitt is right, it’s a time of war, don’t sell your country out by helping get Hillary or Obama elected

spacekicker on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

McCain = Democrat

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I just have this gut feeling that a President Hillary would stay in Iraq longer than we’d think, or even she thinks. She’d at least have a former President telling her not to do anything completely insane.

I can’t say the same for Our Lord Obama. He’s just stupid enough to think retreating overnight is the night call. After all, it’d be his call and he is “The Truth.” /Oprah

locke on February 7, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I would rather get it right and not complain at all, but all the good ones are dead or hiding. Believe me his immigration stand pisses me off, I live in Ca and see its effects. HC or OBWAN will put us in a spiral that ALL the complaining in the world will not stop it.

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM

*right call

locke on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Mitt Romney showed more class in his speech today than McCain or Huckabee have shown in two years. Batten down the hatches folks, the beat down in November awaits.
Oh… and just a thought, Romney in 2012? I guess we’re all assuming (including his team) that he’ll be running against Hillary or Obama then, right?

Sugar Land on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

McCain = Democrat

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

HotAirExpert = Al-Qaeda spokesman

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

JayHaw Phrenzie :

Children throw tantrums.

Adults formulate strategies.

_
That’s right.
_
We’re a little short on adults here in Conservative Utopia, though, it’s more like DailyKos but anti-tax.

SlimyBill on February 7, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Sugar Land on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Mitt Romney did what Rudy did after Florida.

Good job.

Kudos.

GO GOP.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Her husband had to sign welfare reform. Her husband lost an historic majority in Congress because he overreached and mobilized Conservatives. She’ll face the same problems.

Somehow I doubt that McCain will face much resistance from anyone as he weaves liberal-lite into the fabric of our society. He’ll pave the road…

Asher on February 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Johnny Mac will never get my vote…

He was the deciding factor on drilling in Anwar…

He wants to close Gitmo…he’s against doing what it takes to get info from our enemies…

He’ll raise my taxes…

He wants to reach out to people who want to destroy him during this up coming election…

Why support someone like that…???

areseaoh on February 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Adults formulate strategies.
JayHaw Phrenzie on February 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Yep. I suppose,though, if you don’t like my strategy you’ll call it a tantrum. What a great way to develop support from those who disagree. It is almost as effective as calling people nativists or loud folks.

a capella on February 7, 2008 at 2:48 PM

George Allen appearing with McCain according to Rush

Connie on February 7, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer

Some friendly advice for you, CH. Point out the facts that she has wrong, or that she has overlooked. That way, your post will be an argument, not an insult.

Bigfoot on February 7, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I respect Laura, and I was concerned that my commenting here at HA during the primaries would poison the water.

captivated_dem on February 7, 2008 at 2:50 PM

When you watch her, don’t you just see some liberal Code Pink nut job insulting Pelosi for not being liberal enough?

tommylotto on February 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM

It’s not to my taste as a lead-in to a gracious speech

Aww, poor beta male.

Nichevo on February 7, 2008 at 2:52 PM

I long for a day when conservatives have a party that can stand alone. A party that has the strength to stand up to all invaders foreign and domestic. Republicans spent to long drifting to the left, talking and not acting. Talk is cheap and sitting on your hands will do nothing. Abe Lincoln and Ron Reagan’s republican party is far far away. I didn’t leave the republican party, the republican party left me! I will not CALM DOWN. I will not fade into the crowd, I will not go quietly into the polling booth. I am a LOUD PERSON and proud. The time is now to create a new party, a CONSERVATIVE party.

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM

I dont think there are any true conservatives left. Too many wrapped themselves in the cross and took down the rest. We are truly at a crossroads in this country and when we need a leader non can be found. Hillary will give more of our money away to solidify their base, Obama will guilt trip us into the same.

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Sugar Land on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

He’d be fine again in 2012.

Unfortunately, it won’t matter much because by then we’ll have 30-50 million new Democrat voters originally from south of the border or the Middle East.

BowHuntingTexas on February 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM

McCain talks about how he exhibits leadership by reaching out to Dems. I have an idea – why don’t we all follow his example and do the same? Right now, he’s only the middle-man: if we vote for the Dems this November, that eliminates the need for him to reach out to them. Instead of doing the 2 step compromise of first stating our positions and then bending over, why not just hand it straight over and let the omniscient Dems make our decisions for us to begin with – whether it’s global warming, CFR, Judges, Immigration, whatever…

Follow McCain’s example. Reach out – directly!

infidelpride on February 7, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Yeah,

God forbid that anybody would dare question McCain or not look lovingly when he enters the room. To do so, we are told, means you are dissing his war record and are calling him un-American. Just ask the McCainites here who have continutally told us to just shut up and get on the Tijuana express. Just ask the man himself who starts each sentence with “When I was a POW…..”

God forbid we might have our own opinions that run counter to the John McCain hate conservatives tour! Enough already. You useful tools of Hillary Clinton and Howard Dean get the rest of today to gloat at how you drove the conservatives out of the GOP. Then you are going have to sit down put your spite and bitter hate-filled venom at conservatives aside and figure out just how your troll of a candidate can possibly beat Obama in November without all the folks you’ve alienated, spit on, and otherwise despised these many months. Lotsa luck with that.

John McCain may have been a hero 40 years ago but he called me a racist last year when I wouldn’t sign on to his open borders scam. That trumps whatever he did in Vietnam and he’s going to have to do more than show up at a conservative group and give a speech to mend the fences he and his hate-filled flying monkeys have torn asunder.

highhopes on February 7, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Larua Ingraham, the definition of classless and clueless.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

as if you’d recognize class. (runs to the corner to puke)

Onager on February 7, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Children throw tantrums.

Adults formulate strategies.

Already done. Now, if you “win at all costs guys” will just calm down, you’d hear it. :)

Jimmie on February 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM

A woman on Limbaugh made a good point; this is like a an abusive relationship. It’s always “Just one more time”, “One more chance” and nothing changes until you break the pattern.

For nearly a decade we’ve been told to ‘suck it up’, to ‘not make a fuss’, ‘show unity’, ‘it’s best for the country not to appear as if we disagree’, ‘the Dems hate the President- he doesn’t need it from his own party’ and what do we have to show for it? A federalised TSA, almost amnesty, prescription drugs, no child left behind, murmurings about global warming, socialised medicine and a 3.1 TRILLION dollar proposed budget.

No, I’m done with this. I’m seeing people in the party fall in lockstep in anticipation of McCain’s nomination, despite how badly he’s alienated people in his own party and betrayed our principles. It will be the same old story, and what happens when President McCain wants to close Gitmo? The GOP Congress will just nod and say it’s a good idea. When McCain pushes Congress to draft cap and trade legislation they’ll swallow their principles and say “Right, Boss”. They know that McCain has a temper and if they cross him they won’t get support when they run for re-election, so they’ll compromise America and republican principles for it.

Joe Lieberman has about the same outlook on things as McCain; if he switched parties would you vote for him without compunction?

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM

“I don’t think it’s enough to say you were a footsoldier for the Reagan Revolution.”

“I think what is, is to say you were an independent during Reagan/Bush; that you’re not interested in going back to Reagan/Bush”

Oh, wait. That’s not what Katie Curic’s boyfreind’s ex-fiance said, becaus Katie curic’s boyfreind’s ex-fiance is a phony.

Hiney Von Pewps on February 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Well said Laura. Well said.

Zetterson on February 7, 2008 at 3:08 PM

She needs to spend more time listening to Black Southern Baptist preachers to understand how to deliver a rousing speech. ‘Calm down’ was way too calm in its delivery. I could have done more with those same words in front of that crowd.

Laura trying to get some attention for herself rather than introduce the speaker.

That said, ‘Conservative’ has become almost like ‘evangelical’. . . an undefined ‘class’ of people. I love it how the media does this. Conservative isn’t a ‘class’ of people, it is an ideology. Romney is only recently a ‘conservative’ because he passed the most fully controlled health care package that allowed abortions for 50 bucks. Romney is not a ‘conservative’s conservative’.

Having said that, I listened to Romney’s speech and it was his best yet. He gave a very good and rousing speech. . . too bad it was his last. I don’t expect McCain’s speech to be half as inspiring. I always felt like I could support Romney. . . but I wish he made the case for himself more than trashing his opponents.

ie. . . it’s OK if you think your kid is the best. Just don’t say he’s the best because all of your neighbors’ kids are terrible (and expect them to agree with you). . . say he’s the best because of all the good things that he does.

Conservative is not a class of people. . . nor are ‘evangelicals’.

ThackerAgency on February 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Laura’s wonderful!

JOHN BOLTON FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Speakup on February 7, 2008 at 3:11 PM

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Thats how I see it too. Funny how I always hear about those women who get “stuck” in abusive relationships and, if I were a woman, I always pictured myself being the type to pack my bags and leave at the first sign of a raised fist.

Zetterson on February 7, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Now that Romney is out, and Huck is basically a non-factor, the media love fest with McCain is officially over. They will begin the McCain/Republican beat down from now until November.
One good thing is since he will be running for Prez is that he will hopefully resign his senate seat.

RobG on February 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I’m still trying to figure out where “person of interest” came into being, regarding those who are really suspected of crimes. After that, I’ll try to figure out why “evangelicals” is used.

I’m beginning to think that it’s some form of Newspeak.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 7, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Boy. Listening to the whole thing you’d have thought she was stumping for Ron Paul. Wouldn’t have been a stretch since she believes every nutbag conspiracy theory about the “Amero” which crosses her desk.

Having seen the Romney concession speech first though, i had a good time watching this half-wit thug set herself up. I hope when the moment came, it was such an emotionally-rending shock that she’s still doubled over sobbing as i type this.

Hiney Von Pewps on February 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM

There has to be some way forward short of just giving up.
I’ll support McCain against Clinton or Obama AND I’ll push for conservative voices and votes in Congress.

Like it or not, McCain would do the right thing on Iraq and the war on terror; he’d be much more likely to restrain federal spending, he’d have at least SOME conservatives in his cabinet, and appoint at least SOME conservative judges, etc. There’s a lot he’ll do, or try to do, that I won’t like — but **far** less than would Clinton or Obama, and it’s perfectly ok to fight him from within the party — there’s at least as much success of that as there would be fighting a democratic president.

Anyone who thinks the country will be in better shape with four years of Clinton or Obama than four years of McCain isn’t taking conservative ideals very seriously.

TMA on February 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Yeah because it would sound so natural for an ivy-league white female lawyer from Connecticut to mimic the methods of Black Southern preachers.

Romney may not be a conservatives conservative but John McCain is a liberal Democrat’s liberal Democrat. He’ll avoid the trigger words and gloss over his long history of torpedoing the party and the conservative values of its ideology in his lust for “getting along” with Teddy Kennedy and Russ Feingold.

I ask you. Should the GOP really been bullied into nominating the guy whose good friend in the Senate wants to impeach Bush and Cheney? Whose other good friend is a key supporter of Obama? Where are the friends of Juan supporting Republicans and conservative candidates? Nowhere to be found because that simply isn’t the way McCain views the world nor do any of his hate-filled minions.

highhopes on February 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Hiney Von Pewps on February 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Nah Hiney, I’m sure she still believes and stands by every word she said. Just a hunch.

Zetterson on February 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I think TMA on February 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM just proved your theory.

Zetterson on February 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I’m not rethinking how I feel about McCain. I’m rethinking how I feel about Laura. Classless. And I’ve been a listener of hers since the beginning.

So Laura, you’ll vote for him, but leading up to November, you’ll tear him apart every chance you get, right? It’s your right, but your assertion that a moderate Republican can’t get elected in the general election becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you say you’ll vote for him but try to get him defeated every chance you get.

He was never my first choice (or second, or third), but those of you that think that McCain is no worse than Obama or Hillary are complete morons.

Pope Linus on February 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I despise McCain and think that the GOP primary voters are insane but Laura Ingraham is annoying as hell.

Hilts on February 7, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Oh my god.. Laura, you friggin’ ROCK! :) God bless that Glastonbury High School education of yours!

cannonball on February 7, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Imagine if we could vote for her…sigh

ronsfi on February 7, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Damn right she’s entitled. And as K-Lo and others have repeatedly said, this is the time to be having these debates and this discussion on what it really means to be a conservative. Just because McCain is going to get the nomination doesn’t mean conservatives have to forget who they are, nor does it mean they have to shut up and “calm down”.

Great speech, Laura – you go girl.

thirteen28 on February 7, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Did you say the same thing when Ahmedenijad was introduced at Columbia? Laura is a straight-talker unlike McCain, and she had an opportunity to send a message that many of us truly believe: McCain is not the right choice, he is not the conservative candidate. And besides, McCain lived seven years of hell, do you really think he cares about tough talk?

cannonball on February 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM

sorry… wrong person quoted above. :( Same point though. :)

cannonball on February 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Hillary or Obama are preferable; the GOP in Congress and the base will fight like they would never fight McCain, no matter how flawed his policies.

So, change the country but face opposition or, unimpeded, destroy America and conservativism and republicanism.

I’ll take what’s behind door number one, Jack.

Just say no to voting for Lieberman McCain!

(I might almost prefer Lieberman come to think of it; he’s a nicer guy).

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM

McCain is toxic. Let his Mavericky Maverickness be a maverick and die alone because the coyotes are waiting in force and have been for 10 years. Anyone that follows him is walking into certain tragedy.

spmat on February 7, 2008 at 3:45 PM

JOHN BOLTON FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Speakup on February 7, 2008 at 3:11 PM

I like this option.

FIRST LOOK AT WRITE-IN CANDIDATE JOHN BOLTON!!!

eanax on February 7, 2008 at 3:46 PM

They’re preferable? All due respect, but two committed leftists over a moderate?

No, whether the base conservatives fight depends on the base, not on who is in the White House. If conservatism loses and flounders, it’s because we let it, not because of the president. Did we flounder and die with seven years of GWB, a moderate in a whole host of areas? Nope.

Hate McCain all you want. Hate the Dems more. Socialism is alive and well, and in this country it rides on a donkey.

Pope Linus on February 7, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Laura as usual made several good points. Now I have to decide which conservative I will write-in come November…

golfer1 on February 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM

golfer1 on February 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I don’t think Laura knew that Mitt was coming on to drop out.

stenwin77 on February 7, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Actually, Pope Linus, Hillary (to a lesser degree Obama) are preferable.

I didn’t talk about the base; the base has been marginalised so much that only shutting down the Cap Hill Board has any effect. The members in Congress who know they need party support and funds to win their re-elections know that McCain, who would be party leader, is a backstabber who holds grudges. How many times do pols pick principles over re-election? Nope, they’ll tow the party line so they stay in Congress.

McCain isn’t a moderate, he’s a liberal – the old term, the way the Dems were not too long ago before they jogged more left. He’s not any different than Joe Lieberman, as I said.

Hillary is polarising; many people who vote for her don’t really LIKE her. Think of how obstructionist the Dems were to President Bush even when they were in the minority, how they blocked appointments, held hearings. The Clintons have so many skeletons they’ve probably had to buy another house to put them in. A motivated GOP minority in Congress could make it very difficult for her to get anything truly destructive done and her potential scandals (Travel Office Deux or what have you), will keep her occupied as well.

Remember the libs in Congress have an even worse approval than the President and when the country gets another few years of all Democrat power, they’ll remember why the Contract for America looked so good.

McCain in office accomplishes nothing like this. A great deal of any support he’ll have will be grudgingly or out of fear, which doesn’t help America or the party. John McCain, once he gains office, ESPECIALLY if he’ll be single term as many say, has NO REASON to court conservatives any more. The votes have been cast, he got what he wanted, we have no leverage over him and reduced influence with our representatives.

I’m trying to be forward looking here. There’s a lot at stake for our country and for our republican principles. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to gain the upper hand in the war.

linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Sad state of affairs, as a die hard conservative, their should be room under the Republican tent for moderates like McCain. To bash McCain on a daily basis when Hillary and Obama are spouting continuous socialist doctrine is absurd. McCain has been consistent on pro-life agendas in contrast to the Dems who will not stop until infanticide is readily available everywhere. The Dems will bring on uber-liberal Supreme Court nominees, socialized medicine, a socialized economy, the Fairness Doctrine, wild out of control immigration policies, appeasement in the war on terror. Although McCain may not be perfect he his more “conservative” on these issues than Hillary or Obama. And we conservatives should respect the votes of our fellow Republicans, all the candidates have had a far shot and to be poor losers is not a good foundation to build on now or for future elections.

Tobias2012 on February 7, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Maybe I’ll write in Goldwater. Heh.

ronsfi on February 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM

spacekicker on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Why not? He just did.

srhoades on February 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Referencing a previous post……Take a look at your own character when you react to McCains.’ Are you any better than him?

ThePrez on February 7, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Maybe I’ll write in Goldwater. Heh.

ronsfi on February 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Look him up in wikipedia or any other reference. He`d be an outcast in the party nowadays.

ThePrez on February 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

So the conclusion of all this is:

America is DOOOMMMMEEEDDDD. DDDDOOOOMMMMMEEEDDD!!! Am I getting this right?

It survived a Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, a Civil War, World War 1 and 2, Vietnam, Earthquakes and other natural disasters, corrupt politicians, corrupt governments, a Great Depression, Recession in the 80′s, etc, etc. But what’s going to doom it is electing one person over another???

If Canada hasn’t been doomed by the morons we’ve elected, I’m pretty sure Hillary or McCain ain’t going to doom America. But clearly, I need to be more hysterical because America is just so delicate and unstable.

mjk on February 7, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I might write-in Reagan, but he’d probably be an outcast in the Republican party, too…

golfer1 on February 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Worse than that — opposition to fighting terrorism. If you don’t support McCain, you want the terrorists to win. Apparently.

Mark Jaquith on February 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I am done with talk radio.

It is the war that trumps all other issues, and McCain will fight them tooth and nail.

Laura has been a bitch for a while now.

Stormy70 on February 7, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Speech was petty……some on talk radio really blew it on this one…….treating fellow conservatives like the enemy if we did not agree 100% on all the issues all the time.

arizonateacher on February 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM

HotAirExpert = Al-Qaeda spokesman

That is unfair. It’s also deranged. If you listened to what the actual Al-Qaeda spokesmen say, the passages they quote from the Koran, you’d be forced to think about why Islam and democracy don’t seem to be rubbing along quite as expected. But then neither you nor your candidate have time for that.

aengus on February 7, 2008 at 6:15 PM

I’m still with Mitt!. He has opened our eyes to the conservative movement again.

madmonkphotog on February 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM

>> linlithgow on February 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I think TMA on February 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM just proved your theory.

Zetterson on February 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Not at all! I’m not saying roll over and give in to him and support everything he does — which is what linlithgow’s theory says — but I certainly am saying that if it comes to a general election where the choice is someone who will fight the war and control spending and appoint some conservative judges vs. someone who won’t do any of those things — there’s a right choice and a wrong choice.

And yes, if I have to play this game a little longer, sure,
if somehow Joe Lieberman were the republican nominee and he was up against Clinton or Obama, darn straight I’d vote for him. There is no way in which he’s worse, and one fundamental way in which he’s better and we have to live with the consequences.

TMA on February 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Rush is (seriously) considering a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.

amerpundit on February 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM

O’Reilly just shut Laura up and he did have a point. He hammers Moveon.org about their insanity on the Far Left, what’s the difference between them and Rush and Laura’s craziness?

And the only thing liberty has to do with it is the liberty to exercise your option to cut off your nose to spite your face.

And don’t give me the 411 about principles, by campaigning for Hillary or sitting out the election – you obviously have no principles.

AprilOrit on February 7, 2008 at 8:26 PM

AprilOrit on February 7, 2008 at 8:26 PM

I hate McCain as much as Hillary and Obama. However, him being in my party makes it even worse. I will be a suicide voter and kick his #SS out of our party into the democrat party where his policies fit best. He can then run with John Kerry like he wanted to do in 2004.

livermush on February 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM

livermush on February 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Livermush,

hate is a very strong word….

AprilOrit on February 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

SlimyBill on February 7, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Genius…I think I will agree. Lot’s of noseless anti-taxers living in Utopia…with spited faces. LOL

AprilOrit on February 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM