Unfortunate “error” of the day

posted at 6:20 pm on February 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

Honest confusion over his party ID by some slackjawed copy editor? Doubtful given the nature of today’s event and the thousands of news stories devoted to the race this past month. Which means we’re looking at one of two things: A misstrike on the qwerty keyboard or disgruntled Mittheads in the Fox News newsroom.

Your call.

mccain-d.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Meanwhile the CLintons are up to their old tricks
William Amos on February 7, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Where have you been? We’ve been talking about the Clinton smear machine for a year. And you gave us McCain. The guy that has more dirt for the Clinton’s to manipulate than any other candidate.

You must be so proud.

csdeven on February 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Pax americana on February 7, 2008 at 7:27 PM

if McCain isn’t addressing the closure of the border BEFORE even mentioning amnesty (READ: the promotion of illegal behavior/illegals streaming across the border) he is by default promoting open borders and open border behavior.

ColdBore76 on February 7, 2008 at 7:42 PM

D and R are next to each other on the keyboard so its possible.

aengus on February 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

You must be so proud.

csdeven on February 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM

If I caused McCain to be our nominee by my posting on this blog then I would be proud I have that power.

But if I did have that power believe me McCain isnt who Id make our nominee.

Like I said all along you want to bash McCain thats fine he deserves it but dont give power to the democrats and screw me over with it.

William Amos on February 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Nope, one thing Mitt and I have in common.

I don’t drink at All.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Damn I thought you were drunk or high or both. Woulda had some respect for that. Turns out you’re just a lefty Troll/Tool. Congratulations. How long have you been sober?

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I will add one funy story from today. A guy stopped in at my work asking for directions to a McCain event that was being held downtown here in Ohio.

I told him I believe the address was down the street and that I was a poster on this blog. I seriously think as a McCain supporter he thought I would jump all over him about MCain heh

William Amos on February 7, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Fox News Is the Suck.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Yeah, you liberals tend to think that.

Gregor on February 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM

What’s wrong… it says it all!
(wink)

colep on February 7, 2008 at 8:17 PM

D and R are next to each other on the keyboard so its possible.

aengus on February 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

In touch typing instruction you use different fingers for the two letters.

I don’t think this was a mistake. I still hold out for a techie doing a silent protest.

INC on February 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM

D and R are next to each other on the keyboard so its possible.

aengus on February 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Yeah, I’m thinking it was an honest goof.

Yakko77 on February 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM

I think the ‘copy’ guy should have put ‘D’ and ‘R’ after his name, McJerk being a RINO. He sides with the democraps against Republicans all the time. I didn’t believe anything he said today. And he definitely did not rescind or take back any of his democrap ways. The guy was lieing from start to finish and I think truly thinking people are believing him. He thinks people will forget all the awful, anti-Republican Party stuff he’s done is forgotten? I got to hand it to him, ytho, a true politician lieing in his teeth. If anything, I never thought that about Willard or Fred. To bad they are ‘gone but not forgotten!’

countywolf on February 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM

William Amos on February 7, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Hehehee. He’s lucky you didn’t, I’m sure! *wink*

Califemme on February 7, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I’ve had typing instruction and I’ve worked as a legal secretary. At that level of professionalism I just really, really don’t think it was a goof.

INC on February 7, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Oh, I see the mistake now. They wrote “SEN” instead of “CAESAR”.

How embarrassing for them.

Lehosh on February 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM

disgruntled pinheads in the Fox News newsroom…they did this to Mark Foley as well.

They think it actually makes a difference….I think that idiot John Gibson with the Eddie Munster hairdoo is behind it.

AprilOrit on February 7, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I’m sorry…..I am not seeing the error!

azcop on February 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM

A spade is a spade.

Montana on February 7, 2008 at 9:02 PM

I vote for disgruntled conservatives in the newsroom.

Many conservatives did not support Mitt, either.

Valiant on February 7, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I’m sorry…..I am not seeing the error!

azcop on February 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Me neither! At last Fox has got it right on the party he belongs to!

Livefreeordie on February 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM

querky.

RushBaby on February 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

I vote for disgruntled conservatives in the newsroom.

Many conservatives did not support Mitt, either

And this conservative is not going to vote in the general election for McCain. I don’t know who or what or if I will vote, but it will not be for McCain.

There are reasons not to support him in the primaries, and those same reasons exist in the general election.

No, I don’t believe in getting along, if getting along means abandoning standards and principles and values, just so that “our” Democrat can beat the other Democrat running for the office.

Rush is 100% right: If the the country is going to get screwed up from the new administrtion, who would you rather take the hit for it? The Dems or the Republicans?

seanrobins on February 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Anyone remember similar instances involving Arlen Specter and Mark Foley?
Astounding coincidence or pattern of behavior?

hippiepunk on February 8, 2008 at 12:15 AM

Wait so did they leave out his middle name or something? Ohhh, I see it’s picture of the Cryptkeeper. I just don’t see anything factually wrong with that picture.

HotAirExpert on February 8, 2008 at 1:16 AM

I’m looking but I dont’ see the error. Hmm. The name, party affiliation, current campaign…Nope. Everything’s copacetic.

Lone Star on February 8, 2008 at 3:10 AM

Democrats, and ‘independents’ who were just boting for the worst candidate to screw the GOP and ‘moderates’ voted heavily for McCain in the early state primarys. He got less than forty percent of conservatives. Between those Huck teamed up to help McCain hurt Romney for super tuesday. Personally, I think there was some hijinks in CA. I couldn’t vote because somebody changed my party affilition and erased my voting record. So as an inactive non affiliated, they would only take a provisional, but with no voting history, it wont count. This moning, I heard that the local conservative talk shows are flooded with thousands of people who had the same problem. That could explain why republican turnout was about half of dems. Votes didn’t count. They are estimation the numbers of disenfranchised voters in the high tens of thousands. Mayve mid six figures. Hmmmm.

Anyway, after all this, the dems have had a two to one turnout throughout the primaries. We are going to run a bitter old man who can’t get half of his own party to vote for him against a highly motivated dem party?

GOP really screwed the pooch.

Bikerken on February 8, 2008 at 4:40 AM

Looks like Fox inadvertently got one right after all.

fossten on February 8, 2008 at 7:53 AM

Accidents will happen, or the truth will alway get out?

srhoades on February 8, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Isn’t that correct? I sure though McCain was a Democrat….

Tim Burton on February 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM

McCain is sickening when he talks amnesty. It just proves the Reagan point that you cant have more in the wagon than pilling the wagon. Today, with the browning of America, the historic self reliance and strong sense of right and wrong this country was built upon is now being outnumbered at the polls by members of the lawless open borders invasion force that rationalizes ID theft and has no problem ignoring our laws and importing corruption. Illegals forfeit their right to be US citizens.

Right before our very eyes, the USA is flipping.

saiga on February 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM

They’re just getting ahead of themselves.

Ludwig on February 8, 2008 at 9:56 AM

I don’t like McCain, but I will vote for him! The spectre of the opposition is so scary as to annul any misgivings I may have. We have been offered the best we are going to get: we earned it! We (I mean our side of the aisle in Congress)would not hold the line. Plus, a relative of mine spent over four years with McCain at the Hanoi Hilton and respects him highly and will vote for him. So, in the end, I will do what I can to help our side and hope it wins. If we don’t, don’t worry about anything you believe is negative about the Republicans because what we may get is going to be sooooo bad, we will all wish we hadn’t been so stubborn.

sharinlite on February 8, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Bikerken on February 8, 2008

I too had to get a provisional ballot. Funny how the MSM has said the election in California went smoothly.Reports in San Diego say that over 20,000 registered republicans were switched to independent by election officials unbeknown to the voters. As you probably know, independents could not vote for the nominee.

There are more than 2 million uncounted absentee ballots in the hopper and add the registration changes that occurred it is hard to see how the results in California are final.

IMHO-There was massive election fraud issues that occurred in our state due to fact the machines were decertified last year. I am glad that we had paper ballots instead of the machines that can be rigged too easily.

Here is a video of another Republican that was told he could not vote at the local precinct.

ScottyDog on February 8, 2008 at 1:08 PM