Team Romney source hints that Mitt will drop out? Update: Confirmed — Romney “suspending” campaign; Update: Mitt to endorse McCain?

posted at 11:54 am on February 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

Back-of-the-envelope math by the Globe reveals that Mitt could tie McCain in delegates by March 4 if he wins all of the remaining February primaries … by an 80 percent margin. No one knows yet how things look in winner-take-all Virginia on Tuesday but Maverick’s up 10 points in Maryland per the available polls, which are old enough not to incorporate his Super Tuesday momentum or the centrists he gained from Rudy’s dropout. Byron York wonders whether the sudden deafening silence in his inbox from the Romney PR shop portends a big announcement. Answer: Maybe.

A few moments ago, I spoke to someone in the Romney camp. Would I be crazy to read that into the email traffic? “You would not be crazy to read that into it,” he said. “There have been a lot of discussions going on about whether there is a path to victory, and not wanting to look destructive at what might be the end. You are reading the right thing into it.”

Geraghty says it’s time to start thinking about 2012. Exit question: He takes the stage at CPAC in about 20 minutes, for a speech his campaign was promoting yesterday as “major.” What on earth is he going to say?

Update: And now Mark Halperin’s hearing it. The announcement could come at CPAC.

Update: I’ve got to believe that his speech will be a stemwinder about conservative values and fighting the good fight, all very much with an eye to creating a memory he can leverage four years from now. Shrewd, if so.

Update: If it’s true then needless to say Huckabee 2008 isn’t long for this world either.

Update: More from York. Looks like this is indeed going down at CPAC. High drama.

Update: I’m guessing the decision was made only within the last few hours because the Times report from early this a.m. sure doesn’t sound like a feint:

Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, delivered an upbeat pep talk to his staff on Wednesday at his Boston headquarters. His advisers are considering television commercials for some of the next states to vote. “They’re making phone calls tonight,” said Tagg Romney, a son of Mr. Romney who is also a senior campaign adviser.

Update: Bryan just called me to say that they confirmed with an American Conservative Union official that Mitt’s “suspending” his campaign. I assume that means dropping out, but in the interests of accuracy that’s the word that was used. MM should have something on this imminently.

Update: Credit where it’s due — Bill Kristol predicted he’d drop out at CPAC on Tuesday night.

Update: Mitt’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Maverick!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Just wait until McCain picks Lieberman as his VP choice! :)

Texas Rainmaker on February 7, 2008 at 1:58 PM

This isn’t a game. My husband wears the uniform. Please.

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Your point is taken but, with all due respect, not relevant to the RINO attachment. It should be pointed out that these types of Republicans are the ones who are whittling away at the base and they should be revealed as such.

Your husbands service is commendable and should go without saying. However, I’m not sure how you made the connection of his service to your request.

geckomon on February 7, 2008 at 1:58 PM

The 4 year hangover is almost here! The Conservatives must unite to bring up a true Conservative candidate in 2012.

BUT WHO?????

Will McCain go Conservative with his VP nomination? I think not!

azcop on February 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM

My idealogy is not represented anywhere in the United States of America.

I’m a conservative first and a Republican second.

Well said.

If you are like me, you’ll be listening to “A Time For Choosing” and “Operation Coffee Cup” over and over and over again.

We’re at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it’s been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I’d like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There’s only an up or down — [up] man’s old — old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Thank you, Ronnie.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Hiney Von Pewps on February 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Yes! You are right, and he married an Ultra one as well. BUT, he was and will be the closest thing you’ll ever see governing the USA that represents Conservative Idealogy. There are too many people who think the government is the provider not “we the people”. ((Sorry folks. Reality is that “the Government” is not some entity that sits slightly above the country overseeing the goings on and seeing desires and needs and providing for them. “The Government” is not Santa Claus. The people who work in, for, and around “the Government” ARE “we the people”. That means you and me.))

Sultry Beauty on February 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I am truly saddened that I will not get to vote for Mitt Romney in the primary, and for President.

Yes, I will vote for McCain in the election because of the war on terror and the soldiers in Iraq, because of Clinton’s and Obama’s stances in regards to the war. I feel I owe that much to the soldiers who are sacrificing so much for our freedom.

However, he will only get my vote, not my wholehearted support.

Jodella on February 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Sultry Beauty on February 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Have you given up on Reagan’s principles? No? Then why do you think so little of their lasting power? If you (and many here) still believe in them and support them, why do you give McCain power to destroy what you believe?

Also, you may want to look at the guy who gave you “support.” He just called Reagan a RINO, right after he said “Why not?” to a sarcastic Ron Paul suggestion.

wardrobedoor on February 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Thompson, Giuliani, Romney….

This is hysterical to see a lib like McCain get the nomination!

The old Republican platform, even the one that GW ran and won on in 2000 did not stand for nation building. But take away that issue for a moment and you have the perfect candidate that espouses all of the old Republican platform.

The only true conservative that still runs on the old Republican platform is Ron Paul whom you know will run on a 3rd party ticket if necessary.

Keep in mind….You reap what you sow…and there is no way McCain could ever defeat Clinton/Obama in November with the same “New” Republican platform that lost the House and the Senate in November of 2006.

Fed Up on February 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM

NO MORE RINO-CALLING, please people.

This isn’t a game. My husband wears the uniform. Please.

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 1:47 PM

fc,
As I said before, thank you and your family for all you do for your country. Sadly, we are in dire straights and I understand why you fear a Hillary or Obama presidency. I hope to eleviate some of your fears with these simple observations:
If Hillary or Obama does win, they WILL NOT pull out those troops too soon. It would be political suicide because if they did that and cival war ensued, they would be “blamed” for a downward spiral in Iraq. Do you really think either one want to be the Dimacrat that lost the war in Iraq when we were so close to victory? NO WAY! REMEMBER, they lie! They are lying to their liberal base now to win votes, but when it comes down to it, they will do what they have to do to insure success in Iraq. Besides, our guys are doing such a wonderful job over there, that by the time Hillary or Obama, or McCain for that matter, take the stage, we will probably be ready to start withdrawing troops anyway.
My family and I pray for the troops everyday, as does or nation. Keep the faith.

kcd on February 7, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Fed Up on February 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM

RCP Averages

General Election: McCain vs. Clinton: McCain +1.8

General Election: McCain vs. Obama: Obama +0.7

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM

When I heard that Romney was dropping out my thought was that I was going to to vote for FTD on March 4. But the more I think about it, I think I will vote for Hillary in our open primary in Texas. There is a possibility that McCain could win against Hillary but there is NO possibility against Obama. I hate McCain with a passion but I love our military and he is the best chance for them—and that is the only reason I will vote for him.

I think I have thought of a money maker in November. I think I will print up some REPUBLICAN BARF BAGS with these instructions:
1. Hold nose

That was funny! lol

Weebork on February 7, 2008 at 2:11 PM

1. Hold nose
2. Vote for McCain
3. Use this bag as you leave the voting booth

maxine on February 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I beat you to it. The shortcut is to use #3 only.

saiga on February 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM

RCP Averages

General Election: McCain vs. Clinton: McCain +1.8

General Election: McCain vs. Obama: Obama +0.7

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Yeh, right.

Last Tuesday, Romney was ahead in California by 7.

There is no way McTitanic beats either one of them, especially if they are on the same ticket. Think about it.

stenwin77 on February 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM

RCP Averages

General Election: McCain vs. Clinton: McCain +1.8

General Election: McCain vs. Obama: Obama +0.7

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Does this include the slime-factor? (i.e, the Clinton underhanded half-truth and trash campaigning that we’ll see if it’s a Clinton v McCain faceoff).

ricer1 on February 7, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Well, since his choices are endorsing McCain or endorsing nobody, I’m not surprised if he does endorse, since that’s basically the way the game is played.

Anwyn on February 7, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Yeh, right.

Last Tuesday, Romney was ahead in California by 7.

stenwin77 on February 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Dude, the McLunatics don’t get it. They really believe the MSM will be fair to McLiar. Check those stats in about a month or right after there is a setback of any kind in Iraq.

The Euphoria of the RINOs will soon be sorrow and regret. Then they’ll turn to more name calling of conservatives because after he gets crushed they’ll blame us for their dumb nominee decision. It should be n interesting several years in what was the Republican party. Getting my popcorn, my ammo and my beer. This will be awesome!

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Mitt Romney is being the ultimate team player to a team that has been nothing but nasty to him.

EJDolbow on February 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM

sultry beauty, McCain opposes the ethanol subidy boondoggle, Romney supported it. McCain told the voters in Michigan that the federal government couldn’t bring their jobs back, Mitt said he had a plan to use federal money to do that. McCain opposed the medicare expansion, Romney supported it.

Romney was the one who thought government really could come to help. McCain doesn’t.

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Or Lordy. Suddenly Zogby’s bad polling date in CA mean more than the votes.

OK….I’m going to step away slowly now.

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 2:23 PM

wardrobedoor on February 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Yes, he did call Reagan a Rino and so did I. That’s the problem around here, there’s a lot of double speak going on. You do realize that Reagan was a Democrat before he was a Republican? You do realize that Nancy has liberal beliefs? You do realize that Nancy and her children are Democrats and advocate for Democrats? Why don’t you go back and read my response to him.

I just don’t follow your point. Because I’m not supporting McCain and the GOP I’M GIVING UP on Reagan principals? You make no sense. I haven’t given up on them, the rest of the people voting and advocating to put McCain into the driver’s seat of the Party are? I’m just saying that I’m not gonna sit in the backseat and be driven to the left side of town. I’m politely asking to exit to the side of the street. I’m not advocating a third party candidate. I’m just waiting for the Conservative Taxi to pass by and pick me up. Until then, I’ll be standing on the sidewalk by the side of the road. The rest of you can all have fun on your road trip to leftdom.

Sultry Beauty on February 7, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Going in, I was determined to support the guy I wanted in the primary, and the nominee (whoever it was) in the General.

My only alteration since then has been “death before Huckabee.” Anyone else I could live with.

I had my chance to vote on Tuesday, and I cast it (for Romney). Based on who was left, my second choice was McCain. There was no other choice for me.

Romney’s exit today was classy, and timely. It puts the pressure on Huck to follow his lead, or hurt America by unnecessarily delaying the national campaign.

I’m not thrilled with McCain, but I can support him.

sulla on February 7, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Maxine, thank you. I’m not a McCain fan. I liked Fred, Hunter, Rudy all a whole, whole lot more than him. But he’s what we have. Therefore he has my vote and my grudging support.

The extreme hatred has got to stop or we will hand the WH, congress, and SCOTUS to the socialists for the forseeable future.

Romney was a mensch and put the nation above his own ego. He put the troops above politics.

I hope more people here at hotair can do the same.

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Does anyone else think that the Huckster will soon be dropping out too? He should know that he has no chance and to stay in will pi$$ off McCain. Also cost money.

maxine on February 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM

I’ll probably grudgingly vote for McCain due to lack of viable options, but I won’t support him.

He didn’t earn that from me.

Pcoop on February 7, 2008 at 2:27 PM

The Twilight Zone … I’m in it.

darwin on February 7, 2008 at 2:27 PM

maxine on February 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Huckabee is scheduled to address CPAC today at 4:30PM eastern. There’s his opportunity…

ricer1 on February 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM

ricer1 on February 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM

5 to 1 odds he stays in…

SkinnerVic on February 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

He didn’t earn that from me.

Pcoop on February 7, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Dude, your vote is your support. I won’t try to dissuade you from voting for Mcain because we all have to vote our conscience, but your declaration of nonsupport does not fit with voting for the guy.

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

I will not be scared or duped into compromising my principles. I am a conservative before I’m a member of any political party. And I will never vote for John McCain.

HYTEAndy on February 7, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Then the price you will likely pay for your “principles,” in reality, is defeat in Iraq, revisionist judges, and countless other socialist disasters. If the end result of following your principles is horror in reality, then I think your principles need some harsh examination.

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

RCP Averages

General Election: Romney vs. Clinton: Clinton +10.5

General Election: Romney vs. Obama: Obama +15.0

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 2:09 PM

These numbers are meaningless. Are you new to politics?

EJDolbow on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

funky chicken on February 7, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Stop talking to me like I supported Mitt and he’s out so stop the compare/contrast shtick.

As for the whole Michigan thing, I remember that comment from McCain well, it’s the one that stuck out and pissed me off the most. Paraphrasing: ‘Let’s have some Straight Talk. You’ve lost jobs and they aren’t coming back. But if I’m elected I’ll support you and provide you the money to go back to school and get re-educated so that you can find employment in another field.’

BTW~ Why are there jobs being lost in Michigan??? Possibly because of some of that Global Warming fare the McCain likes supporting over there in the Senate?

You people with your snake oil bother me to no end. Don’t you conservatives feel like you just got shafted? Like there was some conspiracy or back door dealings to only include RINOS so that they could continue with their Pork Barrel Spending? I mean seriously. Have any of the Republicans that we voted into office done anything to implement conservative agendas or cut spending? Be honest with yourselves. Have they done anything to TRULY advance the conservative agenda? A did they do anything at all when we had control of the House, Senate, and White House? And who were the people helping to block any of the conservative agenda we wanted to get passed? Yep! You’ve got your answer: He’s gonna be the Leader of your Party!

Sultry Beauty on February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Unless you have a magic way for a Repub majority in the house and senate we’re going to get all that with “walk across the aisle McCain” even if he miraculously wins in Nov.

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

maxine on February 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM

I think the tag team McCain & Huckabee, have done exactly what they set out to do. Get Romney out of the race. McCain, being the “honorable” man that he is, will drop Huckabee like a piece of hot southern fried chicken and forget all about whatever he promised him. Then the kind & gentle preacherman will know what its really like to play hardball with the big boys.

kcd on February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM

There’s support, and there’s SUPPORT. You can cast your one vote for McCain in November while convincing more than one other person to stay home or vote for someone else by months of grumbling (or worse).

Dole got my reluctant vote in 1996, but Bush in 2000 saw me crawling over broken glass, dragging my family and friends with me, to vote for him. If it had been Dole v. Gore in 2000, do you think there would have been the Republican Rebellion we saw in Florida that held strong until victory was sure? No way.

A vote is a vote, but support matters. McCain will have to work hard to regain support of people he’s spent the last 8 years alienating.

sulla on February 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM

As a caveat, I am guessing that McCain’s speech, other than being scrutinized for how well he attempts to appeal to conservatives, will be compared against Romney’s speech today.

McCain will be facing his own uphill battle later today in convincing conservatives to give him their support. Romney received huge applauses, and support from the audience during his speech. Clearly the audience is behind Romney.

WWMD? (What Will McCain Do?)

Weebork on February 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I do know that Sen Clinton, if elected, would no pull our troops out anytime soon, so the Iraq issue will be moot. It’s more the social side of the country that will be damaging if Clinton or Obama gets in. The Supreme Court being a big reason.

Weebork on February 7, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I agree that the Clintons wouldn’t pull our troops out and deliberately capitulate as Obama would, but that doesn’t mean they have the capacity for military success. Simply having the troops in place doesn’t entail victory; they have to be lead effectively, and the Clintons have demonstrated on multiple occasions that they can’t be counted on in this regard.

I’m with you regarding the Supreme Court, of course.

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I love how these GOP-above-all folks use nothing but hyperbole to try and scare conservatives into supporting McShamnesty. Such ridiculous behavior. Do you really think that clear-headed, rational people will succumb to your worst-case scenarios?

Grow up. A lot of people are conservative first, Republican second. It’s a dedication to principles, not a dedication to a now-defunct political party.

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

The Dream Is Dead….

Jared_MA on February 7, 2008 at 12:44 PM

There was no one to lead “the dream” this time around. All the candidates are/were wanting, beyond the “RINO status” so many talk about.

To the Sultry Beauty’s “democrats have no principles, conservatives are nothing but principles” or similar, I don’t think so. All are whores, political ones that is.

- Democrats tend to fall for who’s the most empty and ‘charming’ one, in addition to socialist, of late.
- Republicans, for nothing other than ‘who’s next in line’.

Was, is, and will be, sadly, but true.

csdeven, you’re wrong. McCain can win, and will win California. We’ll drink to that, even if the taste will be bitter.

Entelechy on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

sulla on February 7, 2008 at 2:37 PM

You may have noticed from my posts…I don’t do nuance. I’m glad you explained it to me and it sounds reasonable.

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

They don’t get the whole “principle” thing. They’d rather win, no matter the cost.

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

not if it’s by default. Unlike Bush in 2004 I had the yard signs, bumper stickers, went to rallys, volunteered my time etc. McCain will get none of that from me. He’s lucky to get my vote, that is IF I decide not to put myself in as a write-in candidate.

Pcoop on February 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM

George Allen appearing with McCain

Connie on February 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Go McCain, the only candidate who has worked for years to remove one of the Bill of Rights by illegal means; even suing the FEC in 2005 to regulate Political communications on the internet.

CNet interview with an FEC Commissioner, from 2005 regarding McCain’s lawsuit.

WSJ Editorial on the lawsuit

Washington Post on the FEC’s final ruling (after the lawsuit succeeded).

So, if you’re a blogger for McCain, and you don’t natively qualify as a journalist; you might need a different job/hobby. Because letting McCain pick the new FEC Commissioners in 2005 would definitely give a different outcome.

gekkobear on February 7, 2008 at 2:50 PM

George Allen appearing with McCain

Connie on February 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM

That could be a huge bone for the conservatives willing to forgive and forget. I’m not one of them, but the majority can probably swallow for McCain. Allen as running mate, interesting?

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I am a conservative first. Now that McCain is placed as the potential nominee for the Republican Party, it is with relief that I concentrate on local and state conservative candidates. BTW, the candidates must come to me, not me to them. This is the major flaw in the RNC and the Republican Party in general’s thought process. No comment about my non vote for McCain is a vote for a Democrat is going to phase me, nor should it. If you are not Conservative , you’re liberal, IMHO.

MNDavenotPC on February 7, 2008 at 2:52 PM

You’re absolutely right, and I find their thought process absolutely frightening. What sort of victory is there when you sacrifice everything you care about to achieve it? Ugh. We’d be better off giving up hope for McCain and focusing on trying to win back seats in the federal legislature and governorships.

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Hear, hear. I’m willing to listen to grievances, but those are in the Republican Party now. Separate from me. They are the Republicans. I am the new RINO.

RushBaby on February 7, 2008 at 5:42 PM

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

That is very upsetting to me.

I am American FIRST.
Conservative second.
And a Republican by default.

Califemme on February 7, 2008 at 7:57 PM

George Allen appearing with McCain

Connie on February 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM

McCain? OHHHHHHHHHH……so THAAAAAAT’S what “Macaca” was supposed to mean…..

Shirotayama on February 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM

That is very upsetting to me.

I am American FIRST.
Conservative second.
And a Republican by default.

Califemme on February 7, 2008 at 7:57 PM

1. Jesus is always First
2. Family
3. Country
4. Ideas/Principals
5. Party

Thats how I see it.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM

HebrewToYou on February 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Some people would argue that surrendering the principle of victory over Islamists in Iraq and Afghanistan in favor of surrender and capitulation at the hands of Barak Obama would be to sacrifice something extremely valuable indeed.

There is nothing more important than the struggle of western civilization against Islamism. If you are willing to cede defeat on that front, the future of conservativism (of the non-Islamist flavor, at any rate), is bleak indeed.

This is “fear mongering” against conservatives in exactly the same way that conservatives “fear mongered” against Democrats in the 2004 election. It’s simply stating truths some people don’t want to hear because admitting them would render their positions indefensible. It was the appropriate thing to do then, and it’s appropriate now.

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM

If you want fear mongering read your own post. You make it sound as if the dems will hand over the keys to the terrorists. I’ve sai it bfore and I’ll say it again H, Hillary is meaner than any terrorist. I also believe that my commie lib friends don’t have any more intent on being dead than I do. I know you don’t want to hear this but dems like dead terrorists as much as we do. They just don’t want us to offend them before we kill them.

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Yea, the Clinton’s have such a good track record taking on the terrorists..

:Massive eye roll:

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 11:37 PM

If you want fear mongering read your own post…

jwp1964 on February 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM

If you had read my post yourself, you’d realize that I consider accusations of “fear mongering” from the mouths of conservatives no less vacuous than accusations of “fear mongering” from the mouths of liberals, particularly when I hear them in response to, roughly, the same arguments. When I (and other conservatives) argued to liberals that John Kerry would lose the War on Terror, they called us fear mongers. Now, when I argue to conservatives (many of whom enthusiastically agreed with my position regarding Kerry!) that sitting idly by and allowing Obama to win would result in our losing the War on Terror, they call me a fear monger.

It might be easier to shout “fear mongerer!” than it is to reflect on the truth, but it’s not more intellectually honest.

(Bear in mind that, aside from the fact that, no matter their intentions, Hillary and Bill would prove as inept a pair of Commanders in Chief as they did their first two terms, it looks increasingly likely that Hillary will not even be the Democrat candidate anyway. Meanwhile, Obama has already actively promised retreat. So, what then? Is it “fear mongering” to point out that the candidate who promises capitulation in the War on Terror would capitulate in the War on Terror? Or should we all just bury our heads in the sand together?)

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Yep, mis-read it. I freely admit it when I make a mistake.

jwp1964 on February 8, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Blacklake on February 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM

You are absolutely correct. Nice post.

Chakra Hammer on February 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Thank you for your perspective. But I still like mine better.

I am American FIRST.
Conservative second.
And a Republican by default.

Califemme on February 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Entelechy on February 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Before October comes around, McLiar will be known as McFlipFlop.

He has already started down the path of disavowing his liberal behavior when he started kissing my conservative rear at CPAC. That’s all fine and good, but eventually he will have to move back down the same path for the general election. That is a flip flop for political expediency and he will be crucified for it.

csdeven on February 9, 2008 at 12:53 AM

These numbers are meaningless. Are you new to politics?

EJDolbow on February 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Yes. His grandma let him out of the basement for a day and made the mistake of letting him watch MSNBC. He now thinks he’s an expert. But his thinking is as two dimensional as his computer screen that he plays D&D on is.

csdeven on February 9, 2008 at 12:57 AM