Shep goes nuclear on Naomi Wolf: “Don’t you Fox on me ever!”

posted at 3:58 pm on February 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

And through it all, up to and including his rebuke of her loathsome “babies” line, she wears that trademark creepy, vacant, beatific smile.

Between this and watching Hillary and Obama crawl to “Fox & Friends” yesterday morning for airtime, it’s officially a good week in the News Corp./nutroots death struggle.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I like Shep. There, I said it.

Spirit of 1776 on February 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM

I tuned out Shep Smith after hearing him say, for the umpteenth time, that lawbreaking illegal aliens are all just poor, honest, hard-working folks trying to feed their families by doing the jobs Americans won’t do. Seems to be the FNC’s party line. I don’t know how Smith votes, but his views on illegal immigration are in sync with Geraldo Rivera and Juan Hernandez.

Still, kudos to him for calling Wolf out on her idiotic statement.

AZCoyote on February 6, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Another grinning idiot. This one is missing the mustache.

Texyank on February 6, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Shepard Smith smackdown, FTW. I’ve always liked Shep, politics aside. And he knows when to pull the plug on the type of BS purported by the likes of Wolf…

“Babies”? Further proof of her vile, putrid partisanship and a loud-and-clear wake-up alarm as to the type of ideology standing on the precipice of taking over our nation.

Jockolantern on February 6, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Yeah, Naomi – Saddam, Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin were someone’s babies too.

FWIW, I happen to be 41 and have two kids of my own. I also happen to be an Army field grade officer on my second deployment in three years. All without my binky.

BTW – “conservative women” coming up to you in TX and saying they want to get our babies out of Iraq is probably one of the feeblest lies you could have tossed out there. Try harder next time.

major john on February 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM

bob your head much when you speak? Hilarious how the head bobbing got worse after Shep let her have it.

kahall on February 6, 2008 at 8:44 PM

I like Shep. There, I said it.

Spirit of 1776 on February 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM

After watching that clip…I think I love Shep.

Wise Golden on February 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Sometimes I find him annoying & other times I like what he’s saying. This I enjoyed.

clancy_wiggum on February 6, 2008 at 9:01 PM

What is “inaccurate and insulting” here is the notion that these Jerry Springerish shout-downs by O’Reilley, Hannity, et al. pass for news. This is cheap theater not serious journalism.

hippiepunk on February 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM

hippiepunk on February 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Point well taken but you have to understand Fox’s audience and their demographic, which gravitates toward rambuctious debate with a sportsmen like flavor.

Remember O’Reilly in the early days was not really geared to that but after time you get the audience that you get and you need to feed that audience accordingly. The same with Hannity and Shep’s demographic too.

AprilOrit on February 6, 2008 at 9:18 PM

She must be one of those women that hatched a spoilt man.

Kini on February 6, 2008 at 9:23 PM

hippiepunk on February 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I didn’t realize “serious journalism” was being discussed here. I thought we were all just celebrating the smackdown of a moron.

Metro on February 6, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Ahhhh… Mercy. I had to watch that again. Precious.

Claypigeon on February 6, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Good for Shep. Too bad he couldn’t reach through the screen and slap that patronizing smile off her face too.

4shoes on February 6, 2008 at 9:26 PM

There aren’t too many guests who make Shep look good.

Connie on February 6, 2008 at 9:29 PM

‘It looks very 20th century to see these three white men up there’

WTF? No wonder she’s holding her nose when spouting cowdung like that.

Shep on fire!

Pax americana on February 6, 2008 at 9:29 PM

What a beeyotch.

There’s nothing worse than having to account for your own words. How dare he?

Typical Democrat.

drjohn on February 6, 2008 at 9:31 PM

I agree with Shep here.

bopone on February 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM

hippiepunk on February 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I cant say I always agree with what is on FOX, but I can agree that people like this woman need to be put in their place. There are too many people like this woman that never get called for thier crap.In my opinion this is why we find ourselves in the mess we have now.

TroubledMonkey on February 6, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Not only is everybody in Iraq over 18….

but they all volunteered to be in the military.

I guess Naomi and the Dems still like to think this is Vietnam and its the 1960s all over again. Time Warp alert.

Always Right on February 6, 2008 at 9:50 PM

I like Shep, Ithink he’s great although I have a friend in Virginia who doesn’t care for him because she claims he wears black eyeliner. LOL

AprilOrit on February 6, 2008 at 10:18 PM

AprilOrit on February 6, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Thats not eyeliner—-its “MAN-LINER”.

channeling American Idol…

:-)

dish on February 6, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I guess, I thought it was just his natural eye set-back/shadowing.

AprilOrit on February 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

I’m comfortable with men in makeup, as long as they don’t apply it better than I do!

/and most seem to…

dish on February 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM

That was priceless. She’s been begging for that for a long time. Good job Shep!

Dork B. on February 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM

I like the point at the end. They’re not babies.. and they VOLUNTEERED! They all knew what they were getting into. Yes, we want them out of harm’s way, but they are not ignorant babies… they are consenting adults.

Luckedout on February 6, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Hate her condescending primary-school voice.

Tzetzes on February 6, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Perfect description.

Dork B. on February 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Nice work, Shep.

p40tiger on February 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Ok – I don’t care if he does, or does not, believe in man-made global warming. That was a nice takedown. I am so glad he came back to the “babies” line.

Nice Shep.

nailinmyeye on February 6, 2008 at 11:22 PM

You know – I usually thing of Shep as a tool and a Jerk….

…But watching this was the first time I have smiled all week!

grtflmark on February 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM

I’m not a Shep fan but he did a great job putting the obnoxious, rude, self-important and arrogant Naomi Wolf in her place.

sinsing on February 7, 2008 at 12:02 AM

i think naomi needs a good spanking

custer on February 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM

i think naomi needs a good spanking

custer on February 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I knew…I KNEW I tell you, that someone would go there. :)

TCJ on February 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM

i think naomi needs a good spanking

Oh that is SO 20th century.

TroubledMonkey on February 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Props to Shep for the smack down, but does anyone really take Naomi Wolf seriously?

Exit question: Could she and Ron Paul be some sort of modern day, starcrossed, Quasimodo and Esmerelda?

SuperCool on February 7, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Nice long distance b!tchslap! I say that fully aware of what I am typing. She is a lying female dog and he slapped her.

HotAirExpert on February 7, 2008 at 1:43 AM

SECOND LOOK AT SHEP!

Bryan on February 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Ummm…he11 no. Like I said, FNC has to come out with wackos to make him look good. Needless to say, I may a point of changing the channel at 3 and 7 p.m.

Shep is pro-Pali.

Connie on February 7, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Naomi Wolf:

18-25 year old men and women in Iraq are babies.

12-17 year old girls seeking abortions needn’t consult with nor notify their parents because they are capable of making responsible choices about their bodies.

Hypocrisy? What hypocrisy?

BKennedy on February 7, 2008 at 3:48 AM

Her smarminess matches up well with that Hispanic outreach guy from the McCain campaign. He could call her “my friend” and she could call him “my baby”…it’d be sweet.

Priscilla on February 7, 2008 at 9:08 AM

What you fail to realize is that O’Reilly, Hannity, et al. are NOT “journalists”; they are commentators who have been hired for the express purpose of giving you their opinion on the news. CNN, PMSNBC, C(more)BS, and the rest all do the exact same thing, the difference is they aren’t honest about it and try to pass their commentators off as “unbiased journalistst”, when they are anything but that.

MrJustice on February 7, 2008 at 9:31 AM

lol, sass moment

That was great. Don’t you sass me Ms. Wolf.

gabriel sutherland on February 7, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Great job Shep.

I wouldn’t have apologized for the finger pointing but it was big of him to. A nice touch of class.

I like Shep. There, I said it.

Me too!

gradyman on February 7, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Wolf is sooo smarmy. Babies in Iraq. The Islamofascists DO sent babies to war, not us!

RobCon on February 7, 2008 at 12:18 PM

‘It looks very 20th century to see these three white men up there’

That is some statement that was made by someone who was time warped to 2008 from the 1960′s

Scotty, fix the transporter and beam her back …….

gstrickler on February 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM

To people like her, they’re “babies” when they volunteer to do something for their country, prove that they love their country by stepping up and putting their lives on the line for it – like men and women instead of crybabying children with their hands out – but they’re not babies when they’re 13 and want birth control or an abortion.

foxforce91 on February 7, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Shep is one of the few stand up guys at FOX. Him and Greg. If i have to listen one more time to B’Or imply that he’s the sole reason behind all his regular guest’s success I’m going to hurl. Power corrupts and that’s obviously been the case with H&C & B’Or.

Griz on February 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Okay,

Shep got me psyched!

I was sitting here, raising and shaking my fist, with a big smile on my face, screaming a warrior “Wooooohaaa” and “Yeeeaaaahhhh” and “Way to go SHEP!!!!”

Our children were asking me “What? What?” to which I explained shep set the record straight on an arrogant individual.

Way to go, Shepard Smith.

Right on!

SMACK DOWN!!!

William

William2006 on February 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Clinton was an inside the belt way candidate? The governor of Arkansas was an insider. And his wife who has been there for the last sixteen years is not. Oookaaay.

Loved the way Shep smacked her down at the end, “Last time I checked everyone over there is at least eighteen.” Oorah, Shep. Oorah.

srhoades on February 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM

and she played the race card.

What, us white guys are now TEH EVILLL!!!111oneone ?

Black Adam on February 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM