Second look at Hillary!

posted at 1:15 pm on February 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

Levin and Kurtz are using the scourge of Maverick to get people motivated about electing a GOP Congress. Super idea, but it ain’t happening with Captain Charisma at the top of the ticket on the other side. Against all odds he appears to have beaten her in the delegate hunt last night; he’s also busted through the Clintons’ race-baiting well enough to take 40% of the white vote even in Deep South states. And so the time has come, my friends, for hard choices. Follow the list of remaining Democratic primaries; the next batch, on the 12th, are closed and look good for Obama, but scroll down there and you’ll find loads of delegates in play next month in Wisconsin, Texas, Ohio, North Carolina, and Indiana — all of which are open. There’s another 188 up for grabs in Pennsylvania, which is closed to Republicans and independents … unless they re-register by March 24th. If McCain puts Mitt and Huck away in the next few weeks, Barry O may have quite a problem on his hands of Republicans with nothing to do crossing over to vote strategically. If he doesn’t, it becomes a question of what’s the highest use of a Republican primary vote from here on out: Trying, probably futilely, to stop Maverick or handing the Democratic nomination to Lady Macbeth? You know what you have to do, cowboys.

Look, she’s having to spend her own money now to stay in contention. Don’t you feel bad? And listen to that cough. She’s suffering. Can’t you feel her suffering?

Comments

Thats Viral! ick.

Chakra Hammer on February 6, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Get woman out of my Interweb tubez! >:{

Chakra Hammer on February 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM

She clearly didn’t want to answer the question about her husband.
I have a similar reaction (projectile vomit) when provoked to think about him in the White House again.

Brat on February 6, 2008 at 1:24 PM

The extended clip shows a baby’s foot come out.

Squarestate on February 6, 2008 at 1:24 PM

The extended clip shows a baby’s foot come out.

Squarestate on February 6, 2008 at 1:24 PM

LOL. Good thing my coffee had cooled down enough not to scald the inside of my nose on its way out.

innominatus on February 6, 2008 at 1:27 PM

President Obama. Has a ring to it. Has been McCain? Has a better ring to it.

TOPV on February 6, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Twas the cheering for the NY Giants that did the witch in.

fogw on February 6, 2008 at 1:27 PM

*WINK FREAKIN WINK*, Republicans in those states.

amerpundit on February 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Yeah, I might have to reregister Dem for the Primary here in PA…

doubleplusundead on February 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM

And listen to that cough. She’s suffering. Can’t you feel her suffering?

To quote her husband, “I feel your pain.”

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Oops, forgot, MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

doubleplusundead on February 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM

amerpundit on February 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Riiiight…

MarkoMancuso on February 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Agreed. A long, bitter, and very expensive campaign for the Dems is exactly what the GOP needs at the moment. Whichever nominee you’re behind, there is nothing like a good dose of schadenfreude to cheer you up. Poor Shrillary.

Pax americana on February 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM

I’m such a jerk; I laughed at her coughing.

Ahhh,, let Barry O win. I think he does well in all of those states, except Hill win in PA for sure. I can’t stand her anymore, and Barry O is a nice guy. It would be kind of fun to see the contrast of Barry O and McCain. McCain vs Hill would be painful to watch, you have to admit. Yes, Obama would dissect McCain with surgical precision and make him look like a grumpy, incoherent fool, but at least someone on stage would be likeable. It’s come to that for me. Bring on Barry O!

RW Wacko on February 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Vote strategically to enable McCain win? Not bloody likely! If anything, I’m going out there and do everything I can do to defeat the backstabbing liar.

John McCain and his supporters killed the GOP last night by declaring conservatives are not part of the coalition. He thinks he can make up for his deficit with Southerners and conservatives by echoing the DNC talking points and attracting so-called independents (code word for unaligned liberals). If America is going down in flames, as last night’s result made a certainty, the real Democrats need to get the blame instead of a man who won the nomination in the manner in which John McCain and his supporters stole the vote.

highhopes on February 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Pax americana on February 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Tis the only keeping this bitter FredHead going.

MarkoMancuso on February 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM

Yeah, I might have to reregister Dem for the Primary here in PA…

doubleplusundead on February 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I hear you on that one.

matthewbit07 on February 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM

The extended clip shows a baby’s foot come out.

Squarestate on February 6, 2008 at 1:24 PM

That is too funny! I’ve been laughing at that for the last 5 minutes…

Oh, I wish AP would post a much-needed patented HotAir palate cleanser today…

JetBoy on February 6, 2008 at 1:44 PM

go hillary. Even if Romney becomes the GOP nominee, if it’s VS Obama, the entire general election will be a MSM force-feeding of the RACIST history of the Mormon faith.

I don’t think the country needs that shit, really.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 1:44 PM

My dog had kennel cough too. It’s not funny, kids.

Chuck Schick on February 6, 2008 at 1:44 PM

The Obamanation that causes desolation.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM

…in my best Chris Crocker voice…

LEAVE HILLARY ALONE!!

Montana on February 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Few things bring me joy like Hillary Clinton’s suffering. Although Bill Belichick’s suffering is right up there.

Enrique on February 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I’ll vote Hillary in the Texas primary if Limerick and SitRep will. I’m going to need a support group afterward.

TexasDan on February 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Enrique on February 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Cheers to that!

JetBoy on February 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Why are we supporting Hillary over Obama?

I must have missed the memo. The Clinton machine will win the election if she gets the nomination. Makes more sense to me to get her out now while we can.

Valiant on February 6, 2008 at 1:58 PM

McCain will take the Latino vote from obama if they are head to head.

Win Win Win on February 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Where does she get her universal health care?

Kini on February 6, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Two things:

1. That’s the SF Bay Area’s Fox morning show, FYI.

2. If it’s McCain vs. Obama, which way do you think our rapidly expanding Hispanic population will vote? Obama might be easier to beat than Clinton, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

calbear on February 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM

TexasDan on February 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I’ve been talking with some of my family members with whom I seldom talk politics with, and they have already been considering this option. I did not go as far as to encourage them, but they will be open to it, and will do it if I make the case.

RushBaby on February 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Valiant Hillary has very high negative ratings among many Americans. The MSM will let Obama slide, getting by on his youth and smile. Any criticism of his positions (if any of his extremely liberal positions even get out there) will be screamed down as RACISM. Really if it’s working against Hillary, it will work better against a republican.

He’s a much more dangerous opponent.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Not to mention a more dangerous president. He’s way more liberal than Hillary (hard to do) and much more cuddly-feely with the anti-American islamic axis.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:05 PM

GO OBAMA!

F*&K McCain and all those who voted for him.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Someone asked me yesterday who I would vote for if I could only choose between Obama and Clinton. Without a moment’s hesitation I said Obama. But I should have said Clinton, because I think she would be another Carter, another one-term disaster, easily unseated in 2012.
Obama has the youth to be a force in the world for the next few decades.
In the end, it doesn’t matter. My one vote isn’t going to decide anything in a tempestuous sea of voters. I may indeed vote for Obama, if there are no conservatives left standing in November. At least he’s likable.

Doug on February 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Gregor, supporting the troops all the way. Not to mention the unborn. Way to go fella.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Second look at atheists becoming believers and believers becoming atheists.

Somebody is sure doing something wrong.

MB4 on February 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:12 PM

F*&K you too. If you wanted to support the troops, you should have voted for a conservative. Dumba$$.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM

The extended clip shows a baby’s foot come out.

Squarestate on February 6, 2008 at 1:24 PM

LMAO…I choked on my coffee and then my coughing made me laugh harder! Thanks for a great chuckle on a particularly dark day!!!

ihasurnominashun on February 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM

McCain will take the Latino vote from obama if they are head to head.

Only because he wants to grant no-questions asked to all the illegals that infest this nation. What a deal for America!

highhopes on February 6, 2008 at 2:17 PM

America is going to elect a Socialist President.

America is going to go where Socialism always takes a nation – into a cesspool where individualism, desire, incentive, effort and hope are lost. The People are going to be wards of the State.

I’m 49 and I weep for my country. I also weep for those who are so much younger than I am, and who will have no memories of a once great country and people.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM

I hear you. I weep for my kids…and theirs!

ihasurnominashun on February 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM

I couldn’t have said it better. I wish they could have seen how it was, then they’d know how far we’ve fallen.

Geronimo on February 6, 2008 at 2:24 PM

You know what you have to do, cowboys.

So would the McCain haters want him to win or lose?

For me out of the 3 it goes McCain > Obama > > > > Hillary

So seeing her off is fine by me.

Dash on February 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM

I hear you. I weep for my kids…and theirs!

ihasurnominashun on February 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Exactly. I actually sat my children down last night and had a long talk with them on this subject. I can no longer raise them based on an expectation that they’ll live in a free country. It’s tough. Do you either purposely blind them from reality and shield them from what’s coming, or do you speak bluntly about the fact that this country is soon going to be socialist, or worse. Our votes no longer matter. Our voices no longer matter. Those in power such as McCain simply mock the citizens of the country and do as they wish.

Today’s children are the John Conners of the world. Will we pretend the future is not coming, or will we teach our kids to survive?

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Dare I say it would be unethical to try to influence the Democratic primary? Let them pick who they want.

JohnW on February 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM

ILYA SOMIN sees an upside to conservatives’ distrust of McCain: “Many conservatives either supported or at least refused to aggressively oppose the Bush Administration’s massive expansion of domestic spending, most notably his prescription drug and education plans. They did so in part because conservatives for a long time felt a sense of affinity with Bush and trusted him. There is very little such trust between conservatives and McCain. It will therefore be much more difficult for him to win conservative support for comparable boondoggles.”

Hmmm. Interesting point.

Gregor, I recommend you move somewhere you feel your children will have a better life. How about France? Perhaps you can share the moving containers with Alec Baldwin?

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Setting aside contested races for elementary school student body treasurer and West Virginian conventions and so on, is there any evidence anywhere that strategic voting has ever had a significant effect on any election anywhere? Just asking. It’s my impression that self-important (where not megalo-maniacal) purer-than-though ideologues are simply massaging themselves and their delusions with ideas like voting for Hillary or Obama for whatever second order effects they imagine on the November election or future history.

The vast majority of Americans will vote their honest preferences. They may believe that that’s how the system is supposed to work, and that anything else amounts to a pointless act of petty treachery – not a big deal, but maybe a little sick.

CK MacLeod on February 6, 2008 at 2:32 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM

I hear you. I weep for my kids…and theirs!

ihasurnominashun on February 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I hear you too. And have the same thoughts. I don’t think the founding fathers lived in a land that was safe for them, or had an easy road to hoe. We’re the ones who have enjoyed the good times here. It may start crashing down, and things may get ugly, but there’s no good reason to give up without a fight. I may just be an old nobody from NY, but there are worse things than dying fighting for what you believe in. Technology makes a little guy like me only as dangerous as a bug to the gov’t, but I’ll sting before I join the workers’ paradise.

JiangxiDad on February 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Maybe you’re not paying attention. We’re quickly becoming France.

Oh that’s right. You’re NOT paying attention.

To be honest, I’d prefer to move to China. Why? Because China is pretty much the only country which will not allow Islam to come into power. You can be assured that if things continue to go the direction they’re headed … I’ll be gone soon, with my children.

And before you rant about how little freedom they have in China, I’ll repeat my first line …

Maybe you’re not paying attention. We’re quickly becoming France.

I’ll take China over France any day. I’ll take my entire savings and investments and I’ll be nice and comfortable with my Chinese in-laws while you’re here defending yourself from your new La Raza overlords.

Good luck.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I recommend you move somewhere you feel your children will have a better life.

funky chicken on February 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM

One more thing …

Maybe you enjoy having your children force-indoctrinated into homosexuality and bi-sexual experimentation.

Maybe you enjoy having your children pay more for that indoctrination than illegal aliens.

Maybe you’ll enjoy having your children grow up in a country where it will pay better to do absolutely nothing than it does to work hard.

Maybe you’ll enjoy living in a country run by the ACLU, La Raza, and various Islamic groups.

As for me? Naw. I’m not too confident in your claim that this would be the best life for my children.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:48 PM

JiangxiDad on February 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, most conservatives believe “dying fighting” means to spend hours writing letters and faxing nasty messages to Congressmen. I’ve spent two years attempting to motivate conservatives to take a more active approach, but it’s not happening.

This election displays this even further. Instead of fighting for principles, voters get on their knees and suck McCain off.

If conservatives want to actually fight, you let me know. I’ll be standing there beside you. Don’t expect they’ll be many more with us though.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:53 PM

JiangxiDad on February 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

WTF are you talking about and planning? You trying to get the FBI interested in HotAir?

CK MacLeod on February 6, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Why are we supporting Hillary over Obama?

Valiant on February 6, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Hey…my thoughts exactly. I’m a white male conservative living in Georgia…I voted for Barry yesterday, and so did everyone else I know.

They called Georgia for him about two minutes after the polls closed.

Listen…we have no chance of winning this election. The Clinton’s are pure evil, stopping them at any cost should be the agenda of the day.

Suicide Voter.

Dorvillian on February 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM

My only question is if the Clinton machine opposition research team will share with Obama when he wins. I’ll bet they have reams of material on McCain, all ready to go. Should be fun.

a capella on February 6, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Good luck.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I can’t believe you said this. I’ve been searching my brain for the place outside the US where a spark of freedom could survive if it’s lost here. I can come up with no place besides possbily China. I know it sounds completely nutty and paradoxical, but they have clearly adopted a version of capitalism, and their controlled political system whereby only some people have political say is akin to something you might have seen in Europe in the 1800′s. That is to say it is not an Orwellian state, and is no N. Korea. They are also strong enough to impose and maintain their continued march down this road. In one more generation, anyone with a memory of Mao’s China will be dead.

I know there are many, many things wrong with China. But they may be heading in one direction, while we head in the other. At some point we meet.

And as you imply, the liberalism virus is only now just visible in some places (look at the f’d up kids hanging out in a McDonalds in Shanghai or HongKong), and at least the Uighur Muslims in W. China are suppressed.

It may be that people might be able to live in China for decades to come in relative safety and prosperity. Certainly their people are no longer locked in, and can travel abroad if they can afford to, although granted, many millions of poor people there would leave if they could.

I’m really no China expert, am not Chinese (but am in mixed chinese/caucasion family), but these were my impressions as a guy born in America after visiting there a few times.

In spite of everything I just said above, I think it would be preferable to fight the bastards here. The ideals we were founded on are worth it. It’s like conservatism. Doesn’t die simply because the leaders don’t do it.

JiangxiDad on February 6, 2008 at 3:12 PM

It’s like conservatism. Doesn’t die simply because the leaders don’t do it.

I hear that. 2+2 still equals 4, even if you’re surrounded by idiots who think otherwise.

Spanglemaker on February 6, 2008 at 3:21 PM

JiangxiDad on February 6, 2008 at 3:12 PM

You’re exactly right. My wife is Chinese and China is changing quickly. They also don’t pay a dime in taxes. You make it, you keep it. Want the fair tax? They’ve got it in China.

I’d also prefer to fight to the death here if there were numbers to stand beside me. So far, I haven’t seen that happening. Just a lot of whining on blogs.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Good Lord.
Was that in the lead-lined bunker or the panic room?

SouthernDem on February 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Was that in the lead-lined bunker or the panic room?

SouthernDem on February 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I wouldn’t expect a “southern Dem” to be too concerned.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Typical. It was a joke, but I imagined having that conversation with my son, and it would scare the crap out of him (he’s 8).

I understand your concern and I echo it, but, really, moving to China? You sound hysterical.
Yeah, you’ll be much, much freer there.

SouthernDem on February 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM

At what cost is this newfound, Chinese prosperity? A few months ago, I read where 40% of the water in Beijing isn’t even fit for irrigation, let alone drinking. IRRIGATION! That, and, for example, the Three Gorges Dam [and the millions of displaced people and hundreds/thousands of eliminated villages], reminds me of the industrialization at all costs of the Great Leap Forward.

I wonder if the prosperity at all costs of today’s Great Leap Forward, just might end up as big of a disaster for the people of China?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Again, most Republicans I know are breaking for Barry O. The logic of picking Hillary because her negatives are high do not solve the problem of a liberal Republican party behind McCain taking us down the road to socialism.

You are assuming we want McCain to beat Hillary. A Dem win this year is now inevitable- just look at the turnout fervor in the primaries.

McCain will take us down the road to perdition in the name of Republican conservatism.

Clinton will take us down the road to perdition in such a corrupt way, we may never be able to return power to the people. Plus that grating voice and more Bill on the TV.

Obama will take us down the road to perdition and make us feel good about it in a velvety sort of way. He will unite the world with us and prove we are not a racist country. My eyes are tearing up at the Kumbaya refrains now. We already know it would take another 9-11 to wake America up to Islamoterrorism. Why not on his watch?

Obama ’08!

Valiant on February 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM

It is never time to panic, guys. Remember Kipling: “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two Impostors just the same…”

mikeyboss on February 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Things won’t change that quickly. I remember the day after Bill Clinton was elected in 1992; our med school professor came in and said, “Go home, everybody, there’s no benefit to practicing medicine anymore.” Didn’t turn out that way.

mikeyboss on February 6, 2008 at 5:16 PM

I’ll vote for any Republican – and I include Ron Paul, grudgingly – over Hillary Clinton. But you know, I don’t like McCain, I don’t like Huckabee, I don’t really like Romney either, and I don’t think anybody but McCain can win the primary at this point.

I’d decided a few weeks ago that I was just going to vote for Hillary. Texans for Hil!

PurpleWombats on February 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Yeah, you’ll be much, much freer there.

SouthernDem on February 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Actually, that’s more true than you know. It’s not the China of twenty years ago and it continues to get better. You can point to many problems, but for every problem you point out … I can show you a similar problem here. We just don’t notice it because we’ve been blinded. We are told repeatedly how free we are and how much our government cares, and we ignore the reality around us.

Complain about the restrictions of speech and the internet? I’d point to the current attack on talk radio, and I’d also point out that we all know just how fair and balanced our great media is. How’s the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, and CBS working out for you? Do you feel like you’re getting the true story from your local newspaper?

Complain about socialism and I’ll point out that China is one of the most free capitalist societies on the planet right now. I can tell you from experience that the Chinese who once came here to earn a living, are now quickly returning to China where it’s much easier to be successful in business than here in the U.S. There are no taxes on individuals OR businesses, and what you earn is yours to keep.

I’m not saying it’s just as bad NOW, but give it another ten years and let’s see if you still feel the same. After Soros and the left are done implementing socialized health care and the rest of their agenda, let’s see how free you really feel.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Why are we supporting Hillary over Obama?

Valiant on February 6, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Because Obama is more liberal than Hillary and we have a better chance of beating Hillary, so if you can vote in the dem primary, vote for **** hillary.

Darth Executor on February 6, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Who are “we?” Is keeping around a liberal GOP power structure around something we really want? I for one do not want this GOP anywhere near power. If the country is going to get hosed by liberalism, let the Dems be the architects.

Valiant on February 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Darth Executor on February 6, 2008 at 6:01 PM

I see that conservatives are not immune to falling for Hillary’s acting job. It’s amazing how quickly voters forget.

Hillary Clinton is a card carrying socialist. It’s almost impossible to be to the left of Hillary. While she’s spent the last couple of years pretending to move rightward, it’s simply silly to suggest that Hillary is less liberal than ANYONE.

With that said, I realize there are many younger voters, and many younger readers in HotAir who are not old enough to remember Hillary’s true personality.

All I can say is … read up people. Don’t let her make a fool out of you.

Gregor on February 6, 2008 at 6:10 PM

It is amazing the displays she uses. This one is reserved when the subject is about her live in consultant, verses the tears she save for herself.

Her cure for these moments is to take the fifth of Grey Goose.

MSGTAS on February 7, 2008 at 8:11 AM

“busted through the Clintons’ race-baiting well enough to take 40% of the white vote even in Deep South states.”

But the rest of the country will still consider us to be racists. Says more about them than it does about us.

Kevin M on February 7, 2008 at 8:12 AM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM

ummm…pull it together man. Everything is OK.

Some of these comments are insane.

tlynch001 on February 12, 2008 at 12:18 PM