New Mitt ad: Hillary = McCain

posted at 5:15 pm on February 4, 2008 by Allahpundit

Not on Iraq or abortion or votes on judicial appointments, but close enough. This meme has legs and this spot is deliciously slick. So why is it only airing online?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Why do you think all the LibTurd Pundits are running around saying “OH…We Are Sooooo Scared Of A McCain Nomination?”…..
DUUUUHHHHHH………………….
awesum on February 4, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Show me one.

SouthernDem on February 4, 2008 at 7:02 PM

A second thought on the gang of fourteen – how sound was the “nuclear option?” In 2005, the writing was on the wall for the Republican-controlled congress. They held a slim 5-vote majority, and the upcoming elections looked grim. Recall the scores of angst-ridden posts on this site concerning the impending Democratic majority.

So with minority status likely, and a strong possibility of a Democratic presidency only a few years away, Republican leadership was ready to jettison a key tactic of the minority party for blocking unacceptable nominees. Again, does this really seem like a good idea? Republicans should thank McCain for opening a path to the confirmation of Bush’s controversial appointments, not make dishonest attacks about McCain “blocking judicial nominees.”

RightOFLeft on February 4, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Look we are at war. Thousands have already died. If Im going to ask US troops to go out and fight for my freedoms then I will NOT give any conservatives a few pass to sit on their asses at home while they bleed.

They are paying the price so it really urks me to see conservative say they will throw away their votes for president because they dislike the choices. If we have to ask them to risk it all I dont feel bad asking conservatives to get off their butts and support them.

You have a choice. You can make a difference. I hate the choices as well but damn it I will not surrender all just because we conservatives blew this election. My concern is for THEM I care not one whit about silly political stances in this country.

To quote a famous wise woman “suck it up” and start acting like true conservatives than sniving democrats.

If you want to vote for Mitt that is fine. He is a great candidate. At least you still would vote. Never ever give up.

The only people giving up are those who would sell all their principles down the river to defeat the Democrats. Party politics above all else for the pro-McCain “conservatives.” Shame on all of you.

2Brave2Bscared on February 4, 2008 at 7:26 PM

2Brave2Bscared on February 4, 2008 at 7:26 PM

You’ve sure lost the plot: I don’t know what your principles are, but mine include being pro-life, pro-heterosexual marriage, pro investing in our military, anti-Islamist, against surrendering in Iraq, against socialised healthcare, against pork barrel spending, against tax hikes, pro free trade, against liberal appointees to the Supreme court etc etc. For as long as I’ve been alive, these have been the views of the GOP.

On all these points McCain seems to share my view; the Democrats do not. He may not have been my first choice for nominee, but as a Republican I will be supporting him.

Shame on those imbeciles who will sell the GOP and Republican principles down the river just to serve their egos and their hatred of McCain. Contempt isn’t the right word for such charlatans and P.O.S.

Pax americana on February 4, 2008 at 7:47 PM

McCillary?

Cloning’s worst premonition.

profitsbeard on February 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM

This may not be your ideal tax policy, but it’s light years away from the Hillary and the vast majority of the Dems.

Big S on February 4, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Why are you McLiar shills ignoring the fact that McShamnesty DOES NOT work with conservatives on these issues?! If president he will sign every POS legislation that the dem controlled congress sends to his desk. He has a hard-on for conservatives and he will oppose most conservative legislation just to poke us in the eye for opposing him for his liberal tendencies.

McDouche is all about McDouche validating his ego.

csdeven on February 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM

A key tactic of the Democrats. The Republican party had only filibustered 1 candidate in it’s history.

robsaye on February 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM

csdeven on February 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM

So your argument boils down to making insults out of Macs name (McDouche, et al).

Let me counter with:

Mitthead Romnasshole, Mittlawnamnesty, Mitt for brains.

Oooh. Now I am arguing on your level. Exciting.

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM

I don’t know if anyone else corrected it, but the half-dollar gas tax is a distortion: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/simi_valley_showdown.html

Damian G. on February 4, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Mitthead Romnasshole, Mittlawnamnesty, Mitt for brains.

Oooh. Now I am arguing on your level. Exciting.

JayHaw Phrenzie on February 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Mitt Con-mey is my personal fav. Mittens comes in not far behind.

Pax americana on February 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM

It sucks when you are in a postition that when some one runs an ad that tells the truth it is a negative ad.

TheSitRep on February 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Great ad…he should be running this on tv. I like it.

JustTruth101 on February 4, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Awesome ad…..hope it gives him the boost he needs tomorrow.

Livefreeordie on February 4, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Ha! I especially like the fake-Bill-Clinton voice at the end. Too too funny!

Tzetzes on February 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM

AP

Here in CA, I saw it air a few times today. If only we had been bombarded with this over the last several weeks.

I’m still hoping for a Mittacle tomorrow

infidelpride on February 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Ha! I especially like the fake-Bill-Clinton voice at the end. Too too funny!

Tzetzes on February 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Sorry, that’s not a fake Clinton voice. It really was said by Bill Clinton. Huffington post article on it.

Snake307 on February 5, 2008 at 1:29 AM