Video: Drinking buddies run into each other on Fox News Sunday

posted at 1:53 pm on February 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

One of them’s the likely Republican nominee, the other’s the candidate Ann Coulter says she’ll campaign for. No joke about the drinking buddies thing, either. Surely, of all the two-shots Maverick didn’t want to suddenly find himself in on FNS this morning, this must rank at the very top.

Note the difference in their reactions when Wallace asks whether they’re looking forward to facing each other. McCain talks about a spirited campaign, the Glacier counters that she has her hands full already as it is. Good lord, does she ever. A 20-point spread two weeks ago is a two-point spread now, and Zogby actually has her behind in California, where she was expected to clean up. And because the Democratic primaries are all proportional, Obama can make up for even close losses in Cali and New York by crushing her in Illinois. She’s in serious, serious trouble, and it’s only going to get harder after Super Tuesday. Which means we’re in serious, serious trouble, too.

Comments

I despise both of them. This election will suck.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Nice, uneasy moment from the two leading liberals of the nation.

Dr. Gecko on February 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM

SECOND LOOK AT VOMITING ALL OVER MYSELF!

FLcapitalistthug on February 3, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Damn, you didn’t warn me there would be a cackle in that clip! I would not have click it.

txsurveyor on February 3, 2008 at 2:10 PM

No joke about the drinking buddies thing, either.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who remembered that! I had a flashback the other day and googled that article… And finished reading it even more depressed than I was when I started.

If Obamamania continues, I still maintain that Obama will be lucky if the Clinton machine allows him to live until the convention… And I’m more serious than I am joking. If anyone thinks that Hillary will just accept losing to this guy, when her entire life has been about this moment, and this is a one time shot for her (she’s not going to run again some other year). And she doesn’t stand a chance of being his VP, so she won’t be able to do the “wait out his 8 years, and run mysefl” game. And I mean that, why would Obama pick a polarizing evil b**ch who has treated him as she has to be his VP, when it only stands to hurt him in the general.

SHE on the other hand almost HAS to pick him as VP (if she’s the nominee), for the same reason… her numbers are so bad, she’ll need to Obamites to get on her team. And when he accepts, it will reveal what a truly shameful little weasel he is too. Though most people won’t get it still. Hell, we’ve got people across the nation, Republicans even, jumping on the Obama Changemobile because somehow the media has convinced people that Mr. Likable is this bipartisan machine who has so much promise, even though he’s the most liberal Senator in the damn Senate, and who offers nothing but a bound to fail health care plan, higher taxes, and his “I have always been against the war” BS (because he wasn’t in the Senate to see the intelligence that everyone else saw for decades).

/rant

RightWinged on February 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I’m with tickleddragon:

Worst! Election! Evar!

Metro on February 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM

VOTE ROMNEY

EJDolbow on February 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM

This whole election cycle has been set up/stolen/manipulated by the MSM, George Soros and the Clintons. How else can one explain McCain being the Republican nominee?

McCain is as liberal as either Obama or Hillary. Here’s a guy not too long removed from being considered for John Kerry’s VP running mate, who is also behind Democratic type legislation like:
1. McCain/Feingold
2. McCain/Kennedy
3. McCain/Leibermann

He voted again the tax cuts but now thinks they should be made permanent but only to garner votes.

Why is he the front runner when most Republicans would not vote for him? Some will say that it’s because he’s winning primaries but, sure as I am living and breathing, there has been shenanigans going on with the voting. Daily Kos and MoveOn are/have been behind a strategy of having their people cross over to vote for McCain.

Will this ever be investigate….I Don’t think so!

If McCain is our nominee, I will, from here on out, no longer be a Republican. You can call me an INDEPENDENT.

Golfer_75093 on February 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Why don’t they just kiss each other already?

What a terrible, terrible November this is shaping up to be.

Possibly the first time my family and friends will not be voting for the Republican candidate.

CABE on February 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM

They ought to just make an official agreement that the loser will be appointed prominently in the other’s administration.
McCain could be Hillary’s Home Land Security adviser and He could be her AG.

JellyToast on February 3, 2008 at 2:23 PM

This is and has been my favorite Sunday stop over for my political punditry fix. Always love the round table discussion, especially when Brit pimp slaps Juan. I mean my wife and I go to an early mass and when we walked in the door after mass the first thing I’d do would be to tune into the local Fox affiliate then change into comfortable clothes and watch while my wife fixed breakfast.

Knowing that McCain would be on today, I skipped the normal ritual and played a computer game instead of tuning in to Fox.

I really feel the need to once again say, I could not cast a vote for McCain under any circumstances.

I really hope and pray that Mitt can stay in the hunt if not pull off a surprise.

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Ugh! What a bunch of cry babies. “I didn`t get what I wanted, so I`m going home!”

America first, party second.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Does Wallace ever ask Hillary when she’s on, why she refuses to debate on Fox News but will do interviews like this?

jp on February 3, 2008 at 2:27 PM

America first, party second.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Sorry dude, never took an ugly woman to a prom just so I could prove I could get a date either.

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:27 PM

America first, party second.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Had to come and and say, this is absolutely the reason why we’re saying, “no way McCain”.

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Who do you think would be easier to control, McCain or Hillary? Part of her health care plan might involve taking money out of MY paycheck. I have a recently widowed mother to help support and I`m voting with my wallet.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:32 PM

If Obamamania continues

The thing with emotions is that rise so fast they can also dissipate fast. After 9/11 we had such patriotism but that was quickly put out. The question is anyone willing to counter Obama’s emotional appeal with some breathe freshing taking logic (huh, and we the ones who don’t use reason), which is what needed. However, I don’t see McCain or Romney doing that and that’s a darn shame. It’s the same with Bush. People believe he is the worst person that has ever existed because of the that media has been used against him. He’s and conservative media has never been able to articulately defend himself. So we are in for a hurting in Nov. and nobody fault but ours.

terryannonline on February 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Principles before Party!
GOP no more for me.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM

I`m voting with my wallet.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Obviously that’s the only thing for you.

Don’t b!tch at the rest of us for having prinicples.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:35 PM

And if you don’t think that amnesty will cost you anything…or Global Warming policies… you need to think again.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:36 PM

This would be a great time for the electorate to let these career lying bastards know that enough is enough. When Guiliani and all the other GOP lifers went for McCain, that should have told us that the end of things as we know them are about to change. Amnesty is guaranteed. The American people will be betrayed by either of these yokels because they know what is best for the illiterate masses.

volsense on February 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM

You gotta love McCain’s eagerness to take on the Glacier! “You wanna start that debate now?”
J-Mac is not the perfect across-the-board conservative, but I think he’ll make a decent President.
Let’s give him a conservative Congress!

jgapinoy on February 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Principles before Party!
GOP no more for me.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Agreed, we must take the party back. It was hijacked by the dixie-crats years ago and has moved way too far left.

conservnut on February 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I read some back and forth earlier today (on other blogs) and I am flabbergasted how many conservatives are being urged to vote for McCain even if they fundamentally disagree with him as though this is a matter of personality or style. In fact, many of the comments appeared to hint that principles are less important than victory.

McCain simply does not represent my principles/values and I won’t vote him. I think his presidency would be as injurious to the country as any of the Dems. I see a certain amount of smugness from people who say that refusing to vote for him is childish. In my view it is the height of maturity (and valor) to stand for convictions regardless of the consequences. I simply cannot rationalize voting for McCain when I believe his positions are as repugnant as those of his opponent.

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM

but I think he’ll make a decent President.
Let’s give him a conservative Congress!

jgapinoy on February 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I say give Hillary a conservative Congress. Much more fun and a GOP Congress performs much, much better as back benchers.

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Amen!

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM

principles before party!

OK, all conservatives write in Fred or Duncan, & Obamary will be our President.
Everyone compromises in politics–Reagan let the Dem Congress increase spending to get them to pass his tax cuts. Voters have to compromise, too.

jgapinoy on February 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Onager on February 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I agree with this. If you give the unpleasant prez, an opposing force in Congress, we get saved from the idiocy by GRIDLOCK!! Hooray for gridlock!

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM

If it’s McVain..I will write in Fred. (unless he endorses McVain.)

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM

McCain had to deal with Jane Fonda in Hanoi so I supposed he is prepared for Hillary.

RobCon on February 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM

New Pew Research poll just released, McCain 42, Romney 22, Huck 20.

McCain now holds a 37% to 26% lead over Romney among conservative Republican voters, and wins the support of a majority (52%) of moderate and liberal Republican voters.

Complete7 on February 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM

the fact that mccain even agreed to appear on the screen with clinton is prima facie evidence of his marxist lenninism.

“spirited debate” – why don’t they just marry each other and make evil communist mexican babies?

SCHIAVO/ALLEN 08!!!!

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 2:53 PM

There has to be something in the Geneva Convention or the Qoran or the Berkeley city charter that would make that bloody cackle a crime against Islam or legally offensive somehow. She is forcing me to file a complaint with the California Human Rights commission.

JonRoss on February 3, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Wallace enabled McCain’s lying his a$$ off.
Hillary was just evasive.

Speakup on February 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM

chris wallace is a witch too now!

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM

I don’t view voting for McCain as a compromise. I view it as capitulation.

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM

allah, as someone who has been RINOized and called out as a troll on your own blog, what are your thoughts on the “real conservatives’” decent into moonbattery?

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:00 PM

chris wallace is a witch too now!

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM

How do you know he’s a witch?

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Jummy do you believe it is “moonbattery” to refuse to vote for McCain?

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 3:01 PM

speakup just implicated him.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:02 PM

i think that statements like,

…are classic moonbattery.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:03 PM

speakup just implicated him.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:02 PM

I was trying to give you a setup for …

“She turned me into a gnute.”

Mormon Doc on February 3, 2008 at 3:04 PM

ih. sorry. the last python i watched was the life of bryan, so i have “what have the romans ever done for us” on the mind instead.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Will this ever be investigate….I Don’t think so!

Golfer_75093 on February 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Hmmm. Interesting. I’ve wondered about that. And I also wonder why no one investigates the manipulation of oil futures and the dollar against the Euro. That’s how SORASS made his fortune, speculating on dollars.

Personally, if I were the Prez, SORASS would turn up face down in his bathtub one day.

mksmithwriter on February 3, 2008 at 3:13 PM

The Bill of Rights and America itself are too valuable to piss it all away by voting for McCain. At least with a Democrat President the Republican Party will reunify in opposition and that unity will strengthen the Party in ’12. If McCain wanted to be the President so bad he should not have spent his career intent on undermining the 1st amendment and the sovereignty of our nation.

FloatingRock on February 3, 2008 at 3:35 PM

That wasn’t the only Senatorial Junket on which Hillary and Juan McAnnesty were REALLY tight. He was kissing up to her so much on their trip to Antarctica (to ‘prove’ that America was causing ‘Global Warming’) that I thought that McCain had ‘turned lesbian’.

WAAAY beyond the normal Senatorial fraternity behavior.

They may have a few differences, but they have much more in common.

LegendHasIt on February 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM

GIVE CHANGE A CHANCE!

Remember that delicious feeling of anticipation we all felt at Christmas time, when it was time to unwrap the presents?
Think of the November elections the same way.

a capella on February 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM

The minute I start saying McVain’s campaign is a conspiracy cooked up by evil genius squirrels trained by secret government science programs… you can call me a moonbat, jummy. Until then…tone down the insults, k?

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Which means we’re in serious, serious trouble, too.

Quagmire

Kini on February 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM

QUEEGmire!

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM

tickle, i didn’t quote you.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Yes, but you were somewhat linking the non-McCain folks as moonbats. That’s insulting…and far from true.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM

in the past 48 hours mds sufferers have unpersoned about two dozen republicans and conservatives by name for crimes of aposty, alleged vote rigging in florida, decended into threats of violence and boycotts, etc.

above i quoted one nursing a conspiracy theory. you, by objecting as if i were quoting you, eagerly picked up that shoe and wore it.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

RightWinged on February 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Fully agree with you RW – if she gets the nom, she’ll pick O for VP; the reverse will never be. The Clintons must be absolutely furious that this ‘kid’ dared to squelch their ‘inevitable’ second power trip.

Entelechy on February 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

SECOND LOOK AT VOMITING ALL OVER MYSELF!

FLcapitalistthug on February 3, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I’m done praying to the porcelain alter.
I want this guy for President

Kini on February 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM

now, i never mentioned you, but if you have a problem with anti-mccain moonbattery being critisized as moonbattery…

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I hope Chris Wallace showered after being manwiched between Johillary McClinton.

Black Adam on February 3, 2008 at 3:54 PM

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

You, Love, know precisely what you can do with that shoe. :)

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

i would kneel gallantly and slip it over your slender foot, m’lady.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 4:06 PM

LOL.. did we just make nice?

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM

of course. it’s just politics and mccain’s going to walk off with the nomination anyway.

jummy on February 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM

mCain will get beat worse the BobDole in 96. the only good thing will be watching mccain go totaly nuts when his family the media/liberals turn on him in the election. God help us all.

custer on February 3, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Oh, yes indeed: It’s a conspiracy! After all, it’s just not possible for a candidate that we disagree with to win an election. Ergo, the election must have been stolen.

Look, I can’t stand John McCain and will never vote for him. But let’s not permit the man’s nomination to psychologically destabilize us.

paul006 on February 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I plan to vote for Romney on Tuesday. But after giving it some thought, I’ve decided I will pull the lever for McCain if he’s the nominee.

He had something like a 60% conservative voting record last year, compared with Hillary’s 8% (or thereabouts).

60% beats 8%. Do the math.

As for the crazies who call McCain a “Marxist-Leninist” or “America’s leading liberal” … get a grip on reality, please. He is a centrist Republican, and he’ll be going up against either Hillary or Obama (or Hillary-Obama) – two of the most liberal senators in the nation.

sauropod on February 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM

America first, party second.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

If McCain wins the nomination, it will continue the movement of the Republican party towards the Left. The coalition will be busted and will result in a very different dynamic.

I think some people would vote for Obama if he were running as a Republican and espousing the exact same positions he currently is. But he’d have an ‘R’ in front of his name, so it would be ok.

A Republican party that nominates an open border, class warfare, global warming, big government candidate isn’t appealing to principled Conservatives.

There likely isn’t going to be a Conservative in the race after the Primaries. So what’s the point?

America seems poorly served with two major parties that basically agree on most issues…mostly disagreeing on the timetables for implementation.

No thanks.

Asher on February 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM

McAmnesty/GerrRrraldo

Despierte, América! Hola!

DannoJyd on February 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM

So, will whoever is ahead in the polls pick the other as Veep?

- The Cat

MirCat on February 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM

I will never vote for John McCain, or Huck, and if Fred endorses or agrees to shine McAmnesty’s shoes as VP I will fight to elect Thompson’s conservative opponent, whoever that may be, should he run again. If Romney won’t grow a pair and start fighting now, I will write him off should he lose now and run again later. I’m sick of self-proclaimed conservatives rolling over and playing dead when the going gets a little dicey, and they get their lip or nose bloody. If now is not the time to get off your a$$ and fight, when is that time, and what if anything do we gain as conservatives by waiting?

nivram1 on February 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Despierte, América! Hola!

DannoJyd on February 3, 2008 at 5:58 PM

First, my friend Danno, they must come home from shopping.
Second, they must have a clue about what goes on around them.

Entelechy on February 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I despise both of them. This election will suck.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

fourstringfuror on February 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM

America first, party second.

ThePrez on February 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Precisely WHY I will never vote for Shamnesty McLiar. If I wanted our country overrun with illegal aliens, our Constitutional rights destroyed in the name of some fuzzy-feel-good bumper sticker anc all my money taken in the name of “global warming” I would vote for the man. But since I do love my country, I won’t. Ever.

jdawg on February 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM

I despise both of them. This election will suck.

tickleddragon on February 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Exactly!

Buzzy on February 3, 2008 at 10:45 PM

First, my friend Danno, they must come home from shopping.
Second, they must have a clue about what goes on around them.

Entelechy on February 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Noted, and in turn I would have pointed you to my very insitefull piece, ‘Americans Are Lazy’ IF we had not lost that when the site crashed. I still have a copy here though.

Redundancy is always a good idea. Too bad that McAmnesty cannot fathom that simple truth. As a matter of fact, Juan has a poor conception of truth, eh?

DannoJyd on February 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM

“I have a recently widowed mother to help support and I`m voting with my wallet.”

Your wallet may have a tough time telling the difference between Hillary care and carbon taxes.

What amazes me is not the fact that a lot of Republicans will be voting with their feet, but that the folks touting McCain’s electability have been so quick to abandon the wit and wisdom of the genius formerly known as Karl Rove.

JM Hanes on February 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM

I’m done praying to the porcelain alter.
I want this guy for President

Kini on February 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM

There’s a woman in that video holding a sign that says “boycott lettuce”. Does that mean she’s for or against McCain?

Tzetzes on February 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Tzetzes on February 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM

There’s also a woman fawning all over him who looks rather like the young Hilary Clinton.

Tzetzes on February 3, 2008 at 11:32 PM

McCain looks nervous as all get out when he starts talking to Hillary. If he looked like that in the debates so far he would have been a gonner already. Why does he clam up so much when Hillary is there?

Mitt Romney will go into debates with Hillary or Barak at least as well or better than he has against Republicans. I think he will do better because he won’t feel the need to hold his punches as much against Democrats. He will also have a lot more time to tear appart their policies and arguments.

It is going to be awesome as long as Mitt is in it.

Tim Pancoast on February 4, 2008 at 12:01 AM

re:…whole election cycle has been set up/stolen/manipulated…
——-
blame the msm, god, the devil, or everyone else from james carville to ms. malkin; but, free citizens who have a say in their destiny and choose victory over principle, and pragmatism over truth, usually get the gov’t which they have earned all by themselves…

number9 on February 4, 2008 at 2:19 AM

Another case of simple banister banter of the Senate chamber. I would suspect only the fly on the cloak room wall knows the level of civility that actually occurs between the two. However, the agenda of the public will be completely different than the agenda of the candidates.

I view the public agenda as renewing the true roles of government. Wherein the Federal government limits its specific responsibilities and grants to the States the largest level of protecting and providing for the basic needs (Maslow) needs for its population. When the states do not do their job properly, the population moves to another state or community that more closely share their personal values.

Therefore, we must remember what we are voting for in this election cycle. First, a President to lead this country among the other countries of the world and defend us against any enemy domestic or foreign,-not a person that will babysit us. Second, a President that supports the Constitution and finds ways “to promote the general welfare” which has a more ethereal meaning then the convoluted politicians have espoused “to provide for the general welfare”. Third, voting for representatives and senators at all levels of government who are mandated to knock down the roadblocks that do not allow us provide for our personal welfare.

Think carefully before you cast your ballot you may find on Nov 5 that the ‘Wicked Witch of West’ has arrive and we are not in Kansas anymore.

MSGTAS on February 4, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Is it not telling that they have to try to emphasize their differences. Both: no no really we are different we we we are . . . .

I’m not buying it.