Debate highlights: Hillary opposes DLs for illegals because then they might get caught; “Good try, Wolf!”

posted at 9:08 pm on January 31, 2008 by Bryan

Listen carefully to the priorities that inform Hillary Clinton’s reasons to oppose granting drivers licenses for illegal aliens. It’s not about enforcing the law. It’s about circumventing the law.

Partial transcript:

HRC: I do not think it is appropriate to give a drivers license to someone who is here undocumented, putting them frankly at risk, because that is clear evidence that they are not here legally.

Meaning, getting a DL might make it easier for immigration authorities to enforce immigration law. How awful that would be!

Hillary’s bottom line is to side with lawbreakers against the law-abiding on this, both law-abiding citizens and law-abiding immigrants who played by the rules. That is appalling.

Update: Slim pickins’ in the highlights tonight. Lots of surrendercratics, lots of heavy socialism, not a lot of honesty. Here’s Hillary Clinton getting huffy when Wolf Blitzer asks if she was naive to have trusted President Bush.

Why didn’t Wolf ask Obama if he’s naive for thinking that talking with Iran might have persuaded them to change course in 2003. If anything did, it wasn’t talk, it was the invasion of Iraq that he opposed.

Update: Blast from the past! Was it just a few short months ago that Hillary Clinton supported granting drivers licenses to illegal aliens because it was a safety or whatever issue? Why yes, yes it was.

Comments

While I’m glad she doesn’t want to give them Licenses, I’m extremely displeased she doesn’t want them to get caught. They broke the fracking law people! Deport them all.

CABE on January 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Hmm, no video…

NorthernCross on January 31, 2008 at 9:13 PM

That’s why she protected us from the Rose Law firm records, because they were undocumented. She will also refuse to report her campaign contributers because some of the money is laundered through illeg… undocumented workers.

How is she going to take the oath of office? Will she place her hand on a stack of checks or the Bible?

pedestrian on January 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM

I was more worried about their health care debate. Their complete disregard for individual liberty is appalling. They don’t even question or consider the possibility that all their plans, in many other areas of the economy as well, are not part of government’s purpose.

Baphomet on January 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM

The ulitmate triangulation position.

SouthernGent on January 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Tonight reinforces my view: Barak is a worthy opponent and Hillary is a hack.

Rush was right, If Barak is the nominee, at least we’ll have a serious debate of the issues. If Clinton(s) is the nominee, it’ll just be more of the same dirty politics of personal destruction.

petefrt on January 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

The ultimate triangulation position.

What I thought when heard it.

Spirit of 1776 on January 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Heck of a sound bite for use in the general election, if McCain bothers to use it.

STOP LAUGHING OUT THERE! :-P

ThePrez on January 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Bryan, everything about ANY of the Clintons is appalling! What else would you expect from her. She’ll probably say none of the illegals are voting, ———- right. She wants their votes, er, needs their votes.

countywolf on January 31, 2008 at 9:31 PM

How Clintonian-

I’m against illegals getting a license but I’ll leave the door open for making the claim that this all about protecting the illegals until I can grant them amnesty.

Democrat or Republican. Conservative or Liberal. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!! Do you really want more of this parsing crap from the Clintons and their people?

highhopes on January 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

AARRRRGGGGHHHHH! Why did I click?

ronsfi on January 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Wait a sec, didn’t she say she was FOR giving DLs to illegal immigrants in an earlier debate?

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 9:36 PM

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 9:36 PM

I`m……not…..sure?

ThePrez on January 31, 2008 at 9:38 PM

This was the highlight, telling the audience and the rest of the country, what we (should) already know?

I’m glad I picked math homework over that debate.

Weebork on January 31, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Strange effort at triangulation. I think this backfires on her, worse than the last time she mis-handled this issue.

conservnut on January 31, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Sh’es taken about 3 pages of notes on that little notepad of hers. WTF???? What is she writing inthere? What’s the point???

Obviously it’s some debate tactic, but sheesh, it’s a presidential debate, not a history lecture.

I would love to see what she wrote tho. :)

Also, I notice that her ond Obama both have the same notepad. I wonder if it was provided by CNN.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Yes, I believe she did. And then she changed her position when Eliot Spits Her wanted to actually implement it. And she made him stop.

Like some syrup with your Hitlery dinner waffles?

Shirotayama on January 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Most likely. With the talking points and upcoming questions pre-printed.

Misha I on January 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM

OK, so now she is taking notes about Obama’s daughter watching Nickelodean.

Is there a test after the debate??

I think she has alzheimers.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 9:44 PM

And, lastly on this subject of notepads, I notice that Obama has not taken any notes yet.

Very bad! I think. Or maybe very good!

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Coming up…another episode of Name That Spin!

ronsfi on January 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

She is the most dangerous person in America.

I’m torn between voting for Romney or Obama on the 5th, her “leadership” will certainly hasten the demise of this country like no other president in history.

The sad part, is that she is both insane and insufferable, she shouldn’t be doing nearly as well as she is.

Banana Republic.

Dorvillian on January 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

So now the American Government should be aiding and abetting criminals? This is great fodder for the general election…

Verbal Abuse on January 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Man, is she Botoxed up tonight or what?!

lodestonejames on January 31, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Hillary/Obama, or

Vacuous/Devoid

Entelechy on January 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM

C’mon Bryan…ya gotta find that video of Hillary in the previous debate saying she supports the NY Gov’s effort to get DL’s for illegals. It’d look so good next to the YouTube one that starts off this piece.

puhleez find it
:D

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 10:21 PM

So, she’s now firmly on record as an enemy of the laws of the US. What if she is elected president and the chief justice says, “Sorry ma’am, I can’t administer the oath of office to you since that would make me a party to perjury.”

snaggletoothie on January 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Done!

Bryan on January 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM

IF Illegal = un-documented then Clinton’s = un-incarcerated.
The Clintons definitely know a thing or two (or two hundred) about reducing their RISK from being caught in illegal activities. Risk management while committing crimes is their specialty….even while being impeached. They are good.
The Clintons wrote the book on “deception and law breaking without risk” as proven by their ability to remain un-incarcerated criminals.

shooter on January 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Thanks Bryan! Feelin all warm and fuzzy now. It’s like an ad for the fall already prepped and ready to run if she gets the nom.

LOVE IT

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM

I would love to see what she wrote tho. :)

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

She’s not writing notes to herself. The impression of her writing is picked up and displayed to the CNN producers, who adjust the questions according to her instructions.

pedestrian on January 31, 2008 at 10:45 PM

scottm on January 31, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Done!
Bryan on January 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Great job Bryan!
And great suggestion scottm

shooter on January 31, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Illegals may have trouble sitting down, after having their posteriors so thoroughly osculated by the Democrats and McCain.

greenLibertarian on January 31, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Is it normal to go numb when I see or hear her versus how I used to shudder and gag?

Black Adam on February 1, 2008 at 1:27 AM

Oh. my. God. This is going to be a disaster any way you slice it.

God help us. PLEASE.

Metro on February 1, 2008 at 1:47 AM

A President Hillary would collect all of the information on illegal immigrants into one giant database, and then presidentially seal that information for 50 years.

Weebork on February 1, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Indeed.

So, when she’s sparring with Chris Dodd, she’s careful not to say for DL’s for illegals would be bad, only that “it makes sense.” Except when Dodd calls her out and says “you thought it makes sense to do it.”

To which she replies, “No, I didn’t, Chris.”

Then, literally exactly one minute later she says, “it makes a lot of sense.”

Why? because it would get illegals to “come out of the shadows” so they could be identified as illegals.

IN LAST NIGHT’S DEBATE, she’s careful not to say DL’s for would be bad, only “not appropriate.” Because they would force illegals into an “admission of guilt” by identifying themselves as illegals.

Got that? Illegals having driver’s licenses is something that both “makes a lot of sense” and is simultaneously “not appropriate”… for the exact same reason.

The ulitmate triangulation position.
SouthernGent on January 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Yes, yes it is.

This one’s a keeper.

SteakRules on February 1, 2008 at 5:22 AM

while watching this socialist rally I couldn’t help but wanting to read my littlest girls classic book “Everybody Poops”

tomas on February 1, 2008 at 6:32 AM

ok, tomas just made my day, and it’s only 7am here in snow/sleet/rain covered Cleveland. Thanks tomas, and as the father of a 3yr old boy who reads the same books…well, that was perfection

scottm on February 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM

I’m sorry, even if you hate McCain and won’t vote for him, you have to admit that the man has had a life of service and accomplishment that would show up either – or both – of these two for the intellectual and moral pipsqueaks that they are.

Ugh. Just….ugh.

Priscilla on February 1, 2008 at 8:24 AM

So typical… Honestly, this sounds like a case of “aiding and abetting”… Someone call the Attorney General. We made need to take a deposition.

Gartrip on February 1, 2008 at 8:55 AM

It’s almost getting too easy to read what that woman really means when she opens her mouth. Is she slipping or are we just becoming more wise to her socialist antics with experience? Well, I think most of us knew what she was all about already but all this exposure she’s getting during the primaries is certainly making it more known.

Yakko77 on February 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM

I think Obama got a great line out there (from a dimocrat viewpoint) when he said about the HRC’s Iraq vote, its not just about being ready to work from day one, but it’s important to get it right from day one.

I think that left a mark.

AverageJoe on February 1, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Yakko77 on February 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM

It’s worse than that. This isn’t Socialism. It’s criminal. If she wins, and this move happens, impeachment should follow. This is why it’s so important to mount a campaign to retake the Congress in 2008 and the Senate in 2010. We’ve lost the Presidency to the Clinton’s. She WILL BE the next POTUS. McCain’s nomination has assured it. (Yeah, thanks RINO’s.) We can keep her in check and hold her accountable by giving her the gift of a conservative Republican controlled legislature. This is the only way to save our country. It’s up to us now.

Gartrip on February 1, 2008 at 9:57 AM

…putting them, frankly, at risk…

Hillary

She’s impossibly ridiculous. This little primer has been very good for me. I could even support a worthless douche like McCain against this sickening woman.

Jaibones on February 1, 2008 at 10:47 AM

As for the crowd that loves Obama (“worthy opponent”), I would also relish the opportunity to see his #1 Senate Leftist rating bandied about the network television world for a few months. Too easy.

Jaibones on February 1, 2008 at 10:49 AM

And to think I thought she-clinton couldn’t talk out of both sides as well as billy jeff.

jukin on February 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Why is it that Wolf Blitzer has to ruin a perfectly manly name by being Wolf Blitzer?

BKennedy on February 1, 2008 at 12:38 PM

BKennedy on February 1, 2008 at 12:38 PM

I figger that’s just his stage name. Nobody would ever name their child ‘Wolf Blitzer’.

petefrt on February 1, 2008 at 3:43 PM

petefrt on February 1, 2008 at 3:43 PM

From wikipedia:

Wolf Blitzer, who has the same first name as his maternal grandfather,[1] grew up in Buffalo, New York, the son of Jewish refugees from Poland.

BKennedy on February 1, 2008 at 3:50 PM