Romney makes major Super Tuesday ad buy

posted at 10:26 am on January 31, 2008 by Bryan

Just across on Fox and the AP reports too. The ad buy includes California and several other Super Tuesday states.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney plans to run a “significant” level of television ads in California and other states that vote Tuesday in essentially a national primary, aides said Thursday, signaling a willingness to aggressively try to derail Republican front-runner John McCain.

Since his defeat in Florida Tuesday, the former Massachusetts governor has been debating over just how much of an effort to make in which of the 21 states that hold primaries and caucuses Tuesday.

I doubt that the ad buy includes broadcasts of the following video, and that’s a shame. Produced by the Romney camp, it gives a look at the inside story of how Romney turned Bain & Co around from a floundering operation that had laid off much of its staff, twice, to a company that’s 15 times larger than it was when Romney took it over. It’s a story that the press isn’t likely to report, so Romney has to pay for its production himself.

I’m sure someone out there will say that Mitt Romney led Bain for profit, not patriotism. But I don’t see why the two have to be mutually exclusive. Neither did Ronald Reagan, for that matter.

Update (AP): I’m glad to see he’s going all in. John Dickerson’s right about his performance at the debate last night, though. I said yesterday he could have captured the base’s imagination by laying Captain Amnesty out. He didn’t:

At the debate Wednesday, the last before the big Super Tuesday vote, the two men bickered over McCain’s misleading characterization of Romney’s view. Romney got quasi-indignant, calling out McCain for twisting his words. He turned to moderator Anderson Cooper to say McCain was making a Washington style attack.

It was a strong rebuttal, but not strong enough. Romney’s opportunity was to go at the central claim of McCain’s candidacy, his boast that he is a straight talker. This would have been like liquid Reagan to the conservative critics who dislike McCain’s positions on immigration, campaign finance, and taxes but are reduced to sputtering by what they see as McCain’s sanctimoniousness. It’s why they derisively call him St. John. If Romney had given voice to their critique by arguing that McCain praises himself for truth-telling while trafficking in a distortion, it would have fired up the waiting armies while simultaneously showing that Romney was one of them. Who cares about his flips and flops, hand me the pitchfork.

Maybe he’s saving this for the ads?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Go Romney! As Princess Leia once said, “you’re our last hope.”

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 10:28 AM

I am sooo happy to hear that! Romney needs to lay it out for the rest of the country if he stands a chance of derailing McCain. I would make the add using quotes, etc, etc. McCain has made himself. Then put at the bottom: “These are McCain’s words, not mine”. God knows he’s given Romney plenty of ammo.

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

If you Support Romney please CALL your family and friends in these states and ask them to vote for him.

If every single Romney supporter got ONE OTHER person to vote for him then he would win super tuesday.

Let’s not let the Morderates have the Republican Party and let’s NOT let John McCain WRITE THIS YEAR”S GOP PLATFORM!!

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Considering the scorched field that’s remaining, I hope his ads are effective. I’ll take Romney over McCain any day.

natesnake on January 31, 2008 at 10:31 AM

profit, not patriotism

Read Mark Steyn’s post on the corner about this stupid claim. Basically he says that we spend more on Military than the next 50 countries below us combined — WHERE DOES MCCAIN THINK THAT MONEY COMES FROM??

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:32 AM

My 2 daughters, both their husbands, my sister,her son, my husband & me are all voting for Romney. That’s 8. Hey, its a start!

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Romney made a TV buy? Put on a raincoat, the slime is about to start pouring.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:34 AM

John Dickerson is right.

After commenting last night I stayed awake to watch the debate rerun so I could see the whole thing. Two things – Mitt did better going after McCain than I had thought but it still may not have been enough… we’ll see.

Second, it seems as if CNN gave McCain more air time than any other candidate. It’s that, or I can’t stand listening to him drone on and on. Anyway, I’d be interested to see the numbers on this.

CliffHanger on January 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Just put some more money in the Romney pot.

amerpundit on January 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Figured you’d show up here. You think McCain is clean? After last night?

Sorry, he’s not.

Bryan on January 31, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Romney made a TV buy? Put on a raincoat, the slime is about to start pouring.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:34 AM

And, of course, we all know McCain doesn’t slime anyone.

amerpundit on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Let’s not let the Moderates have the Republican Party and let’s NOT let John McCain WRITE THIS YEAR”S GOP PLATFORM!!

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

You call McCain moderate? Would that he were.

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

I’ve been advocating people redirecting the McCain discontent for sometime. A vote for anyone but Mitt about now is a vote for McCain, and we need to flush McCain bad.

SkinnerVic on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

He did drone on and on. I’m glad that CNN let him do that because the more he talked the more disconnected and incoherent his answer became. I hate to say this but, he sounded a lot like a dottering old man with most of his answers.

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Who is voting for McCain in these primaries? I get the feeling that it’s a phantom population that doesn’t exist. Could it be… a conspiracy?

natesnake on January 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Romney made a TV buy? Put on a raincoat, the slime is about to start pouring.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:34 AM

There is a psycological term for this, I think it is called Transference. You are projecting on Romney what it is McCain does.

Almost every single objective person has said this past week that McCain is fighting dirty and lying about Romney.

Romney has never once said anything about John McCain, the man, that was not positive

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Goooo Mitt! We should ALL go to his web site and pledge something just to show support, $5, $10, $25, whatever. I’m in college and have almost nothing left after paying tuition (I’m not an illegal alien so I have to pay full price for my tuition), but I’m heading over there right now to give him $50.

Like the 1st commenter said, he’s out last hope!

Go donate NOW!

JustTruth101 on January 31, 2008 at 10:41 AM

natesnake on January 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM
If only HA were the majority of the general population. Unfortunately, most of populus get their info from the MSM, in clips taken completely out of context. That is what they base their decisions on.

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:41 AM

OK, great. Romney turned a company around.

If we based that kind of history on presidential nominees, Lee Iacocca would have been President.

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

You call McCain moderate? Would that he were.

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

The Moderates of the party are running McCain. When it comes time to write the GOP Platform, they are the ones that will be doing it.

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I hope he gets the best there is to put out some outstanding memorable ads that really make a difference.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if he did a superbowl ad?

I’m praying for a miracle -and they do come along once in a while. (“Greater is He that is in you !”)

stenwin77 on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I just made my largest donation to Romney’s campaign. They reported that there was a strange increase in fund raising after Romney LOST florida. That’s because Republicans across the country simultaneously said, “OH CRAP MCAMNESTY MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN”.

GO MITT!

joncoltonis on January 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM

OK, great. Romney turned a company around.

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

May if he had actually run, he might have been Pres.

stenwin77 on January 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM

That’s better than McAmnesty!

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM

OK, great. Romney turned a company around.

And yet we have people saying that McCain’s military record makes him more qualified to be president.

Make up your minds, McCain supporters: is personal history fair game, or completely irrelevant?

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Yeah, it’s this funny thing called experience in the economy. If you haven’t noticed, the economy is kind of important to Americans right now.

amerpundit on January 31, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Fighting in the shade?

Tony737 on January 31, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Very good point, Slu.

amerpundit on January 31, 2008 at 10:45 AM

OK, great. Romney turned a company around.

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

He also left a very indebted, very liberal state in much better condition than he found it 4 years earlier.

He took a corrupt and bankrupt Olympics and turned it around to be the most succesful ever. And that Olympics was held 3 months after 9/11. When 9/11 happened the security concerns were such that Romney was pushed to postpone or cancel them. He refused.

There is nothing Mitt Romney has attempted to make better that he did not improve.

If Mitt Romney is elected President, this country will be much better by the time he leaves office.

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Mitt better go bare knuckle against McShamnesty’s smirking b.s.

This is a fight to run the world’s last super-power and letting a cranky liar sneer his way to the nomination… which will just be Dole II once the media jump off the McVain bandwagon and turn their shills to shivs… is the not what Romney’s supporters expect of a strong leader.

McVain should be dismissed with something Reagan-esque, pithy and pointed.

John, looks like your Straight Talk Express has turned into the B.S. Scooter. Or, should I just say’ There you go again?’

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Bryan on January 31, 2008 at 10:36 AM

You can’t win with completely clean hands. I am glad Mac is playing to win. He will also play to win in the eneral election as well.

I do note that you are more offended by this one bit of claimed slime from Mac than from the Oceans of slime poured on all of the candidates by the Romney machine.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Nancy Reagan just joined the Illuminati. She is all in for Juanita.

Alex Jones!

Dorvillian on January 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

I’m glad he’s going in big. And this clip here is great.

But I really have to wonder if going after McCain on immigration is really going to be effective. Isn’t the base fully aware of his immigration actions? If people here were willing to overlook it for the war issue, I’m sure the general public will as well. I think I’d go a different route, and let talk radio etc handle the ABM part.

Spirit of 1776 on January 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

By “objective person”, do ou mean people that agree with you?

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

You can’t win with completely clean hands. I am glad Mac is playing to win. He will also play to win in the eneral(sic) election as well.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM

So, is it ok to have dirty hands if you’re “playing to win”?

amerpundit on January 31, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Attacking a war hero doesn’t translate well on television.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Speaking as one who was a staunch Fred-supporter, I hope Mitt nails McCain to the wall.

jdawg on January 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM

amerpundit-

It’s okay to have dirty hands it is the b.s. of your opponent smeared on them from knocking it out of him while giving him a good shellacking.

If it is just disinformational smearing, ala McVain’s “benchmarks, my friend, buzzwords, and benchmarks…” (which he also supported), then no.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM

go mitt

trailortrash on January 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM

I think people need to be reminded that McCains support of the troops/WOT is admirable, BUT, there is a difference between that, and national security. McCain lumps it all together and claims he is the strongest on national defense but how can he possibly be, when he is in favor of open borders amnesty? That is the weakest person on national defense in my book.

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM

So, is it ok to have dirty hands if you’re “playing to win”?

Mac had clean hands in 2000, and W buried him with Smears in South Carolina and never looked back.

Mac learned the lesson.

Romney has never played clean, so there are no virgins in this race.

Anyway, I can’t spend all day doing this. I have to work too. :)

Let me just leave with this thought.

Mac is my guy, but I will support Mitt if he wins the nomination. The party is bigger than any one of us. The movement is bigger than any one issue.

I also believe, in spite of the bile on this board today, by November, 95% of you (even you, Brian) will be with Mac, some even enthusiasticly.

Mark my words.

Now, get ready for some rabid denials as people proclaim if Mac wins they will sit it out or vote for Hobama.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Watch out for subliminal messages in those new Mitt ads. He’ll try anything at this point.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Just sent my first donation to Mitt. Wow, that felt good!

RushBaby on January 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I’ll vote for McCain if he wins the nomination.

Can’t promise enthusiasm, though.

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Heh. That’s pretty funny.

That was parody, right?

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM

It’s called suspicion.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Attacking a war hero doesn’t translate well on television.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Mitt has never attacked him as a war hero. His service in Vietnam is ever to be honored, but it in no way makes him immune from legitimate criticism of his record.

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Maybe he’s saving this for the ads?

Maybe. McCain has always been an easy target from the Right that’s why the radio talk show hosts like to hit him. Target rich environment. Unfortunately for Romney, there are a lot more moderates in the party then conservatives. But it is good to see he is still fighting.

bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Ditto, RushBaby.

It’s the first time that I’ve ever donated to a campaign too.

Good Luck Mitt.

Kai on January 31, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Any super bowl ad buys?

bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Any super bowl ad buys?
bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 10:58 AM

I don’t think the NFL likes political ads during the big game. At least, I’ve never seen one.

I’m wondering whether the Ron Paul blimp is going to make an appearance in Phoenix.

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM

The party is bigger than any one of us.

I have to take exception. Just because the party sent me an invitation, doesn’t mean I will attend.

I understand your concept, but alas, voting for anyone with an “R” beside their name makes me no better than the idiots who pull the straight ticket lever.

natesnake on January 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Oh my! A “black helicopter conspiracist” among us…

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Not only did he drone on and on and on, but he kept saying the same thing over and over and over again and he never answered anything directly. He looked and acted like a doddering old man last night.

jdawg on January 31, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM

They would have to move it from back east. That would be kinda expensive.

bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Mitt might ask McVain:

Just to see if he even gets the joke.

And to see if his notorious short-fuse makes a guest appearance.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM

FOX already announced. No political adds. I’m sure Romnee got down on his knees to the TV Execs and pleaded. They probably wanted to let Mitt run Super Bowl Ads since they went to prep school together and wore those rediculous beanies with the little propellers.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM

They would have to move it from back east. That would be kinda expensive.
bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Darn. Would be pretty funny, though.

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Be honest now. What “messages” might those be?

PowWow on January 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM

McCain is winning some of Huck territory it looks like:

bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I’ll vote for McCain if he wins the nomination.

Can’t promise enthusiasm, though.

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I will never vote for McCain. Ever. For anything. Even if he was the only person on the ballot, I would write someone in. He has stuck it to conservatives over and over again, and every time he opens his mouth he lies and smears. It’s a matter of principle to me. Why should I reward someone like that with my vote? No more RINO’s – ever.

jdawg on January 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Like a floating Book of Mormon?

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM

PowWow-

What “messages” might those be?

[white noise hiss...]

John loves Hillary, too… John is Hillary II...”

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM

McCain is winning some of Huck territory it looks like:

bnelson44 on January 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Why shouldn’t he? You didn’t think Huckabee was attracting conservatives, did you?

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Be honest now. What “messages” might those be?

PowWow on January 31, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Why, PowWow, you know..the same ads that “made people”, back in the 60′s & 70′s get very thirsty & hungry at the movie theatre…THOSE subliminal messages!

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

I can’t wait to see Mac challenge Hillary on her war stance. Not even the Clintons can talk their way out of that mess.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

By “objective person”, do ou mean people that agree with you?

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Well, let’s see here genius. If person “A” said McCain is fighting dirty and I agree with them, then YES, they do agree with me.

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 11:06 AM

I will never vote for John McCain — never.

Biting the (free market) hand that feeds you …. flaunting “bipartisanship” as a means of achieving less-than-conservative goals …. a “slash-and-burn” mentality to confront those who dare to think differently ….

For all that ails our nation, I see John McCain as part of the problem. IMO — he will never rally the core-constituents needed to prevent Bill Clinton’s 3rd and 4th terms. Never. No matter how many of the old guard rally around him. Never.

The GOP; the Grand Old Party; the Guardians of Palimony (my next blog topic).

John McCain as a patriot? Pfffffth. The man is a survivor. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I have this eerie, sickening feeling that GOP party bosses have already decided that John McCain’s longevity has somehow “earned” him the nominee mantle. To think that the future of our party and the fate of this nation are to be represented by a cantankerous, mean-spirited old man whose cancer-bloated skin cannot hide the malice that eats from within.

Gull on January 31, 2008 at 11:06 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

The big problem here is the people pickng a president next year will not be doing so because of the war.

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Like a floating Book of Mormon?

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM

LOL!!!

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Ambassador to Utah-Mitt Romeney

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Smoke another one, dude.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

I beg to differ. If she comes out ahead, the press will be all ga-ga over her again and they will let her get away with murder (like they’ve done in the past…).

Darksean on January 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

I’ll vote for McCain if he wins the nomination.

Seriously? This guy came out yesterday and said that he “hates gooks”…”always has and always will.”

This campaign looked like it might bring some healing on the basis of race and gender in this country, but that I mean that maybe people would stop judging everyone based on race and sex and just listen to their ideas.

Instead, things have gotten much, much worse.

Hillary. Bill. Ron. John. – they have all made outrageous statements about race during the campaign.

Pointless Race War ’08.

Dorvillian on January 31, 2008 at 11:10 AM

CHEWS ON ONE-

The “war” will be such a small issue by November that it will just seem petty and peevish if McCain were to try to hit a lady with such old, tired, geriatric news.

And, if it were Obama facing McShamnesty, Barack will just say “the entire enterprise was built on bad intelligence and got us nothing but a huge deficit” …which, since the economy will be the number one issue by then, trumps the weak “war card”.

And then they’ll get him to look mean and testy and cranky and antique and doddering and pasty and he’ll lose.

Dole II. The Redux.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:10 AM

I hope Romney hits the southern states hard with illegal alien ads. Believe me folks, you don’t want to see your community changed just because of illegals. Walgreens is a national chain store, the one up the street from me plays Hispanic music and makes announcements in Spanish. A Walmart here has signs in Spanish, as do banks. In fact, you’re hard pressed to find signs in English.

Last year, I wanted Newt in, that didn’t happen. I looked at Fred, but he floundered. I even looked at Huckelberry (shudder). I never considered McCain because of his amnesty bill. I was leary of Romney because I felt he was “too perfect.” Now I see he’s the best one. If Romney doesn’t get the GOP nomination, I will not vote, but I will hope a Democrat gets in just because (I hope) Republicans will be in opposition to let them pass anything and not roll over. Hopefully, it won’t come to that and Romney will win.

As for my two state representatives, Isakson and Chambliss, I’m praying for your loss as well, as I just heard this morning they’ll be backing McCain.

moonsbreath on January 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

All this red-on-red is killin’ me…

Take a BREAK

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Why, PowWow, you know..the same ads that “made people”, back in the 60’s & 70’s get very thirsty & hungry at the movie theatre…THOSE subliminal messages!

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

That nust be it. Why Mitt must own the lobby cocession. Damn capitalist!!!!!111!

PowWow on January 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I must use preview too

PowWow on January 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

“You’re all for stopping drilling in ANWR to keep us from energy independence, but what are you going to do about biodegradable Depends, senator?”

Did you catch McDole’s comment “I’m for letting states decide if they want to drill off-shore or build a neuclear energy plant.”

Helllooo – ALASKANS WANT TO DRILL ANWAR !!!

stenwin77 on January 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Just donated $100 to Mitt.

I think a “funny” Olympics (Chariot’s of Fire song) with Mitt running to the finish line and passing John (with Fred and Rudy, and others falling off) would be soooo funny.

“Help Mitt get the Gold !”

The crowd could be cheering “Run, Mitt, Run”

stenwin77 on January 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Jetboy-

You want a break?

Take this.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Or this. (Damned youtube zeroes and capital “O”‘s!)

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:18 AM

There is still hope for 2008.

However, I would like to issue the Socratic warning that good business leaders don’t make necessarily make good politicians. Consider our current president, though I’m not sure he was even a good business leader.

On the other hand, what I like about Mitt is that he has sound judgment which is to say his “flip-flops” make sense. When he saw what the people wanted, he changed his mind about immigration in a substantive way, not a fake way like McCain. I suppose he has also changed his mind about abortion, though I disagree with his new position. It could be true that Mitt honed his judgment on business decisions and then applied that judgment to politics.

thuja on January 31, 2008 at 11:20 AM

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 11:18 AM

heh…for a sec I thought you were pointing me to that stock market chart…

I know this is way OT, but THIS one just came out…

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I convinced my dad, my brother and my mom to vote for Romney in TN on Tuesday. My brother and dad are both vets (dad did 30 years of active duty and is retired) so I had to get over their leaning towards McCain. That’s three for Romney in Tennessee!

jwp1964 on January 31, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Or this?

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Oh, that was evil.

Slublog on January 31, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Here’s some motivation for Romney towards John McCain.
Stuntman Mike = McCain.

Geronimo on January 31, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Ambassador to Utah-Mitt Romeney

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Another Huck fan?

Shay on January 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

With all the endorsements McCain has been getting lately, Guiliani, Ahnuld, etc, I think Romney is going to get a big one himself today…

Limbaugh

Just a hunch.

swami on January 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

That Bain video is great. Just think what Mitt could do to turn the country around.

SkinnerVic on January 31, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Yep. Mitt needs to make this a Stop McCain Now movement.

moonsbreath on January 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Say it ain’t so!

P.S. I donated again too.

Buy Danish on January 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

I contributed again last night also.

C’mon … please… please please…..

Ludwig on January 31, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Ludwig on January 31, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Alright you guys convinced me. Just contributed to Mac.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

General Romney,

I am here, Sir, reporting for duty.

Just made a contribution and will be rallying my family and friends for super Tuesday.

May the force be with us.

Roger Waters on January 31, 2008 at 11:42 AM

JayHaw(k) Phrenzie on January 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM

That’s about the 54th time I fell for that…

JetBoy on January 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Limbaugh

Just a hunch.

swami on January 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Swami, I think Rush will stick to his commitment to NOT endorse any particular cadidate, that said, just LISTEN to his arguments and you will know who he supports without his having to come right out and name him.

kcd on January 31, 2008 at 11:48 AM

moonsbreath on January 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Ah, a fellow Georgian. I live in Doraville, Ga – 47% Hispanic.

While I abhor the pointless racism that has been injected into this campaign – illegal immigration is a very serious detriment to our society.

While it would be best if the Feds actually did their job, it would also be a huge help if corporations stopped pandering to those that refuse to assimilate.

Many parts of Georgia have gone Third-World.

Dorvillian on January 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

DONATE TO MITT – THEY TAKE PAY PAL – EVEN IF IT IS 5 or 10 BUCKS!

echosyst on January 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM