Audio: Sean Hannity says he’ll vote for Mitt Romney in the NY primary

posted at 5:05 pm on January 31, 2008 by Bryan

Sean Hannity spent the entire 3 o’clock hour today drawing contrasts between Mitt Romney and John McCain, but stopped short of an endorsement. In the 4 o’clock hour, Hannity took a caller who pressed him on who he’ll vote for in the NY primary. Here’s the exchange. I’ve edited it for brevity.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Governor Huckabee has spent his life advocating the protection of inncoent un-born children. As Governor, he marched in pro-life parades and passed laws to protect the un-born. For Romney to compare his pro-life stance to Huckabee’s and then use that as a springboard to attack him, is just too much to take.

apacalyps on January 31, 2008 at 6:31 PM

you do realize that good ole Huck didn’t pass ny laws, right?

Onager on January 31, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Fwiw, I’ll be voting for Mitt.

apacalyps, I’m a Southern Baptist social/eco/national security con. Not a Huck fan though. Knock off the smears or I’ll ban all 5 of your IDs in one shot.

Bryan on January 31, 2008 at 6:04 PM

If you’re not a Huck fan, that’s fine Bryan. I have no problem with that. But, there appears to be a double standard here. Huck haters viciously attack him and when I strike back criticizing Romney, the waterworks begin. My attacks on Romney are purely retaliatory in nature. Even so, I do not pounce on every word he utters and accuse him of lying, though I could find as many if not more verbal slips that could be looked at in such a light. If I were to refute every lie accusation thrown at Huckabee, it is all I would do. Not because he lies prolifically, but because the hatred of him here is so profound. People dishonestly criticize him, distort what he says, believes, his record and his positions and then slander him, call his supporters names and then turn around and accuse me of attacking them. That’s what I have a problem with. The people who offer reasonable and even sharp criticism of Huckabee and can debate respectfully and civilly, I have no problem with. In the last couple months, I have seen a viciousness directed at Huckabee similar to what I generally see directed at President Bush by the Democrats on this forum. They too don’t just that they disagree with him, but that he has a “blackness in his soul” or that he is evil or some such thing.

As for me knocking off the smears, I’m not really sure anything I’ve said about any of the candidates isn’t factual. And as for my having 5 different accounts, I have only 3 accounts, this one I’m currently using “apacalyps,” a second one “apacallyps” (with 2 L’s), and a third one I’ve never posted with, “inbold”. I’m NOT posting with different aliases if that’s what you’re suggesting. There was some confusion at registration where I wasn’t quite sure if an account had been created so I tried a few times and ended up with the 3 accounts I just described. But, since joining roughly a month ago I have only used one account, this one, ‘apacalyps,’ except for one time I when used the other ‘apacallyps (with 2 L’s) to post a couple messages for testing purposes. That’s it.

As for banning me, you are more than welcome to delete every account you think I’m associated with Bryan if that makes you happy. Go right ahead. Honestly, and I’m not trying to be sarcastic, if you ban me I will consider it a badge of honour because I’ve stood up for what was right and fought for what I believed in. Hotair used to be one of my favorite sites and Michelle my favorite political pundit. I used to support you guy’s as passionately as I do Mike Huckabee. You always had the best news items, but most importantly you were fighting the good fight against the bad guys, against Liberalism threatening to destroy America. But, something strange happened when this years election started and Huckabee won Iowa… all of you changed. Not us. You. You changed. You lost a clear connection between the people watching you who knew what is going on with Huckabee and began following your own agenda instead. And I have no doubt in your heart you know what I’m saying is true. I’m not the only one who has reported this either. The GOP elite is currently in the process of driving away more future voters than you can envision in your mind right now Bryan….not to the to the Democrat Party, but definitely away from the present state of the Republican Party. Just thought you should have a heads up…. because I can hear the rumblings of an avalanche of epic proportions. Do what you gotta do man, cause I’m not changing a thing except the frequency in which I pray for you and the rest of Hotair, that you once again find the straight and narrow path (2 Timothy 3:1-5). Take care, man.

apacalyps on January 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

apacalyps on January 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

I like Huck too. I can’t stand McCain and have no problem saying it but I’m singing to the choir. I think the majority on this board now want Romney. I still plan to vote for Huck on Tuesday I hope everyone else who likes him does too.

CCRWM on January 31, 2008 at 9:24 PM

The Dem gains in the congress are going to be substantial, if only due to GOP retirements. McCain isn’t the conservative choice, but sometimes its better to just punt and play defense. Let the moderate Republicans hold the ball for 4 years and don’t let them do much.

Obama with a Dem congress and a mandate will look to make big changes. Ted Kennedy has been waiting his whole life (or at least 40+ years) for a young dynamic liberal who can make sweeping changes.

dedalus on January 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM

apacalyps on January 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

I haven’t read all your posts, so I don’t know what smears Bryan is talking about. I don’t know who is right or wrong in your feud. Frankly, I don’t care. I figure it is Bryan’s (and Michelle’s, and AP, and the gang’s) right to allow or ban any of us who they consider to be breaking the rules.

The only reason I comment here is because of your last sentence:

I think that is petty, and way out of line. You throw around Bible verses, but what you are suggesting is extremely un-Biblical. You disagree with Bryan, or think you are wronged by him, so you threaten him by implying that you won’t pray for him as much? You should read Matthew 5:44 and examine if you think that is the right course of action (though I’m not suggesting Bryan is your enemy).

Anyway, I have nothing against either you or Bryan, but I just don’t like seeing spiritual threats being thrown out.
(Proverbs 12:15)

p40tiger on January 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

p40tiger on January 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Oops, reread the post and realized that you meant you would pray more for Bryan et al. The basis of my post is therefore moot. (I was educated in public school)

Sincere apologies to apacalyps, and all.

p40tiger on January 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM

The caller, Tyler, sounds a little pi**y.

Doug on February 1, 2008 at 1:57 AM

What does apacalyps mean or what language is it?

EJDolbow on January 31, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Dude, click on his name and you’ll see what he’s all about.

NTWR on January 31, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I think he is Fred Phelps or Mike Huckabee — not sure how could you tell the difference.

But I want him to tell me what the word “apacalyps” means or what language it is. It is not a word in the English Language.

EJDolbow on February 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM