Video: Rush vows to fight on!

posted at 2:15 pm on January 30, 2008 by Bryan

Gotta love the Maha Rushie.

RUSH: The same media that couldn’t call New Hampshire right still shamelessly in the prediction game, is predicting my demise and your demise. (boos) But I say, “Bah!” The same media that’s losing circulation and readers and viewers and respect (applause) is predicting my demise.

RUSH: My friends, my friends, there is reason for optimism, there is reason for hope. By the way: “change” is a stupid slogan, and so is “hope,” but I know some of you want hope. Be of good cheer. From the shadows of this setback, let me offer this uplifting thought. In Florida, half the liberals voted for Mrs. Clinton. One-third of the Republicans voted for Senator McCain. Our friends in the media predicting my demise (boos) talk about how conservatism is dead. Let me ask a simple question, ladies and gentlemen. Why is it that all of the Republican candidates claim, to now carry the mantle of Ronald Reagan? Senator McCain is the most recent. “McCain Claims Conservative Mantle.” Said McCain (impression), “It shows one thing: I’m the conservative leader who can unite the party.” How can I be said to have lost, ladies and gentlemen, when what I stand for is rock ribbed conservatism, and each one of these candidates — each one of them flawed, by the way, which has caused many conservatives to be wandering aimlessly in the electoral woods. How can it be said that I have lost or that conservatism has lost, when all of our Republican candidates claim to be conservative and to carry the conservative mantle?

Good point.

RUSH: In fact, it looks to me like Fred Barnes’ candidate, Rudy Giuliani, has now dropped out. It looks like David Brooks’ candidate, Mike Huckabee, has no traction — he hasn’t won anything since Iowa — and he needs to get out. Tom Brokaw’s candidate, Hillary Clinton, she’s in deep trouble going into Super Tuesday. The race card didn’t work. She needs the “firewall” of the Latino vote. But Tom Brokaw’s candidate is floundering. Tim Russert’s candidate, Barack Obama, seems to be doing better than expected. Good for you, Tim. I’m proud of you. Olbermann’s candidate, Kucinich, is now gone. He’s back in Ohio, trying to keep his seat against a primary challenger. Mort Kondracke’s candidate, Ron Paul, gets weirder by the minute. (boos)

Good points all.

Update (AP): So he ended up using the same spin the Observer predicted? That it’s some kind of moral victory that McCain succeeded by pretending to be conservative even though Rush has been hollering for weeks that Republicans shouldn’t believe him? Good lord.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Rush is right about McCain. McCain is not conservative… McCain/Feingold, Gang of 14, Immigration Reform. He would probably sign the Fairness Doctrine.

Will I vote for him over Hillary or Obama. Probably but it will be because of Robert Heinlein’s advice posted on Instapundit ….. http://instapundit.com/archives2/014440.php

There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for . . but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong.”

roux on January 30, 2008 at 4:54 PM

highhopes on January 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

you didn’t answer any of my questions.

jummy on January 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

don’t hate the player, hate the game

jp on January 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

love that quote

albuddy on January 30, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Rushes time would have been better spent playing this and being done with it.

PolitiNOOB on January 30, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Rush:

”…….The same media that’s losing circulation and readers and viewers and respect (applause) is predicting my demise…….

Apparently, the MSM feel that, after Florida, they are now on a roll. They have, for the past six months, been ‘talking down’ the economy to such an extent that many Florida voters think that America is going to hell in a hand-basket.

Now, after their economy triumph, the MSM believe they can perform to same legerdemain on Limbaugh by making him a pariah with the voters.

However, most voters get their political information from the MSM and candidates and don’t listen to Limbaugh or even know who he is. So I’m not quite sure what the MSM is trying to accomplish.

Their attempt to ‘talk down’ Limbaugh or any of the other talk show hosts will only fall on deaf ears, because their listeners are far too savvy and sophisticated to be taken in by the claptrap the media are putting out.

pocomoco on January 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Yes, I said it wasn’t me earlier. At which point you persisted. So now I have to waste my time proving to our commenters as best I can that you’re simply smearing me.

Allahpundit on January 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Don’t have to prove anything to us. Everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together had already determined that.

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 6:13 PM

McCain’s VP choice is critical. He’s not exactly a spring chicken. If he picks a good conservative (ha!), I may renig on my promise to not vote for him. I ain’t too worried about having to renig, though.

SouthernGent on January 30, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 6:13 PM

It took only half of a brain cell to post that comment.

Can you be a better example of how to use more than one brain cell next time?

Thanks.

Mcguyver on January 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I’m so sick of Rush, just like I am of O’Reilly. Rush’s shows have devolved into hours of blowing his own horn. He combs the media each day for any mention of his name, and then spends most of his next show talking about each of them. While I may side with them politically, Rush and O’Reilly need to lose the narcisstic “look at me! I’m important” baloney.

Chuckie on January 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Chuckie on January 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM

O’Reilly gets on my nerves as well. But Rush. . .C’mon
He’s more intertaining and 3 steps ahead of the rest.
Just hang in there.

Texyank on January 30, 2008 at 9:25 PM

In the practical art of war, you must be prepared to fight at any time in the future. In the impractical art of war, you should have been prepared quite some time ago, and it’s probably already too late. You’re screwed.
- Sun Tzu’s Nephew

Smart guy, that one. Funny how his uncle gets all the attention.

dedalus on January 30, 2008 at 10:03 PM

It took only half of a brain cell to post that comment.

Mcguyver on January 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM

LOL. Nah, it didn’t even take a half.

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

HEhehe,Rush is on fire,the show is
a smookin hot lately.

canopfor on January 30, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Dude.

It’s obvious that you’re biased against Rush because he doesn’t play the “I’m cool” schtick like you do.

But you amaze me sometimes in how you completely miss the point!!!

Why does McCain et al, feel the need to tack right if Rush has no more influence and become irrelevant?

Huh?