Video: Mike Bloomberg’s first ads?

posted at 7:04 pm on January 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Mysterious: They’re unusually creative and well produced for a supposed amateur. More mysterious: The user account at Daily Motion is called BloombergWhiteHouse.org, but that URL redirects to DM and there appears to be no other identifying info online. Still more mysterious: They’re three months old but have been largely ignored online despite their viral potential. Even more mysterious: We were tipped to them this afternoon via a mass e-mail from someone at Iced Media. Hmmm.

Is this tool really going to run against the war and sandbag Hillary Clinton for us? Maybe I was wrong about the atheism thing after all.

Comments

The domain was registered in September of last year, registered under protected (private) registration.

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

If it’s going to be Hitlery vs McClain, Bloomberg would actually be a welcome addition. He’d take votes away from ????

Whatever!!!!

infidelpride on January 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

on a strict artistic basis, i think those are pretty cool.

locke on January 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

I will repeat I saw a “Draft Bloomberg” banner on the CNN site during the election returns last night. Again seemed to be something rather well financed.

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Now THAT’s comedy!

Califemme on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Again seemed to be something rather well financed.

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 7:11 PM

And Bloomberg could definitely finance something…

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

I doubt any real campaign would run either of those ads officially. They are way too edgy. My guess is Iced Media produced these to promote Iced Media, or as a means to pitch their services to someone who may be connected to Bloomberg. But that’s just a guess.

Either that, or Bloomberg is planning a Cloverfield-esque viral launch to his actual campaign.

Bryan on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Pretty terrible if you ask me, especially Rebound.

HebrewToYou on January 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I was wrong about the atheism thing after all.

Well God bless you AP, you found Jesus? Maybe my prayers helped.

abinitioadinfinitum on January 30, 2008 at 7:14 PM

where in the world would these run?

ctmom on January 30, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Those are pretty good ads.

abinitioadinfinitum on January 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM

hot blonde in second clip

jp on January 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM

where in the world would these run?

ctmom on January 30, 2008 at 7:15 PM

I’m still trying to figure out why in the world these would run.

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Now I understand the donkey show!

conservnut on January 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM

The first one was dynamite.

What manner of beast have you found?

petefrt on January 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Those are some great ads.

Zetterson on January 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Is Michael Bloomberg more conservative than John McCain?

SoulGlo on January 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

WTF??!! Rebound must be a Long’ed Island production.

Kini on January 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Who the heck would Bloomberg’s constituency be? New Yorkers disappointed that the other New Yorker dropped out? Does that nanny stater have any redeeming qualities at all?

The only ones I could see pushing for a Bloomberg run would be Dems trying to split the vote.

Hollowpoint on January 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Comparing Hillary to Bush is priceless…wrong, but priceless. Memo to the democrat party and any potential “third party”: Bush is not on the ballot. MOVE ON!

SouthernGent on January 30, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Friggin’ hilarious. And nicely done. I don’t agree with the premise, but love the production.

wccawa on January 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Particularly if McCain wins the nomination, I’m really hoping Bloomberg jumps into the race as a 3rd party candidate. Then, with the liberal electorate divided between the Democrat, McCain and Bloomberg, it should be a cinch for a conservative 4th party candidate to steamroll into the White House.

Imagine a race between:
Hillary/Obama
McCain/Grahmnesty
Bloomberg/His mirror
Bolton/Limbaugh (for example)

FloatingRock on January 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Other ads promote the issues of the candidates. These ads deal with the issues of the artist.

calbear on January 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Vote for Bloomberg. He’ll bang that blonde chick good!

krabbas on January 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Toooooooo looooooooong and not funny enough for the wait.

Sugar Land on January 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

I’ve been trying to ignore anything related to the mayor wsnbn for at least that long. So I guess I’ll continue doing that.

Connie on January 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

The first one was pretty good, except for Bush/Hillary fiddling with his/her rack. Kinda creepy. Like Bloomberg.

Cuffy Meigs on January 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Now that Rudy endorsed McCain, Bloomberg has to get to hurt McCain to spite Rudy!

If Obama doesn’t win the nomination on the left and assuming more classlessness by Bill over there, there will be angst on the left and angst on the right. The waters might just be warm enough for a billionaire.

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

These did nothing for me (and yeah, I “get” them).

omnipotent on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Well God bless you AP, you found Jesus? Maybe my prayers helped.

abinitioadinfinitum on January 30, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Yeah, but Huckabee’s not doing so great.

Connie on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Is Michael Bloomberg more conservative than John McCain?

SoulGlo on January 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Is Romney more conservative than Bloomers?

His pandering lip services say so, however i don’t believe it.

Chakra Hammer on January 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM

How hot was that blond chick in the second video!? Usually you have to go to Tijuana to see that kind of girl on donkey action, and it’ll cost you double.

RightWinged on January 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Those are just . . . weird. I agree with Bryan, no campaign could run those officially.

TX Mom on January 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

1. Hillary Clinton is a Republican… so vote for me?

2. American voters are bimbos… so vote for me?

As near as I can tell, these commercials are supposed to symbolize the Bloomberg campaign: a very poorly thought-out joke.

logis on January 30, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Okay, so it looks like Hillary and McCain have the inside track so we are supposed to vote for an unhinged narcissitic Hitler-like liberal that makes Mike Gravel look sane? I don’t think so.

GWB in a push-up bra that morphs into Hillary (the person not the bra) and some slut that sleeps with whatever political party is handy doesn’t make a legitimate candidate! It gives somebody an A in film school because on that level the ads are good (as was Obama Girl) but that still doesn’t mean there is a niche that would reject Hillary for an even more leftist New Yorker or abandon McCain for the socialist message that has been the Bloomberg administration.

Romney/Thompson ’08!!!!

highhopes on January 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

more stupid than tuesday stupid

Kaptain Amerika on January 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Yeah, but Huckabee’s not doing so great.

Connie on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

What does Huck have to do with the price of rice in China?

abinitioadinfinitum on January 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM

The first one was beautifully done.

The second one, I saw a cute blonde holding a book with “The Iraq” on the front, and got completely sidetracked by “Some Americans don’t have maps. Such as.”

Tanya on January 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Now those are the kinds of ads I wish were seeing on TV. They kept my interest and were pretty funny.

USBB on January 30, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Bllombergs speech impediment just adds to him coming across as a short little billionaire liberal pansy……

No wonder he commissioned those types of media…….

The first one is just plain stupid both visually with all the liberal innuendos of Bush, and also irritating musically/old-time static…….

I didn’t even bother with the 2nd……

awesum on January 30, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Bryan on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

So THAT was the monster that attacked NY !

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM

on a strict artistic basis, i think those are pretty cool.

locke on January 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

I doubt our dear Mayor had anything to do with these ads, so not him…LOL.

It’s is just not who he is.

AprilOrit on January 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM

No wonder he commissioned those types of media…….

I didn’t even bother with the 2nd……

awesum on January 30, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Pansy? Short? Billionaires? Hmmm…in Manhattan we have a saying – it takes one to know one.

And as to whether he commissioned any of it – it’s doubtful, so stop your chicanery.

AprilOrit on January 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM

And really now what’s worse – you thinking he has a speech imediment or Rudy’s actual lisp?

AprilOrit on January 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Am I the only one who got queasy wondering what exactly he was snipping with those Scissors?

Resolute on January 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

So I take it some far-out, neo-Eastern Bloc artist is doing his campaign ads? The sound track sounds like Woody Allen picks from “Love and Death”.

Anyone who would think that Hillary is the same as the President has been sucking too many exhaust pipes.

What is it with New York politicians that lie about not running for president? Oh, right, they are politicians…….

Hening on January 30, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Hening on January 30, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I would suggest that your emphasis is on the wrong factor. Bloomberg is a New Yorker. I’m sure among the elitist snobs of those few square miles this whole thing makes far more sense than it does for anybody who views America as 3,717,797 sq mi. instead of New York City’s much smaller footprint. I am routinely disgusted with this socialist because my alumni magizine fawns over graduate Bloomberg as Christ returned to earth because of his financial contributions.

highhopes on January 30, 2008 at 10:03 PM

What does Huck have to do with the price of rice in China?

abinitioadinfinitum on January 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM

I thought AP had found Jesus in Huckabee. Things got scary for awhile there.

Connie on January 30, 2008 at 10:58 PM

The second one didn’t make sense. I think they made a typo with the dates or something. If she was making out with the jackass in January 2009, I could get it. But January 2007? What’s that?

The first one looked pretty, but nothing beats a good old David Zucker ad.

rjjago on January 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Bwahaha wonderful! I hope this tool can sap some of the idiot youth vote: “Wow! He’s so deep, dude!”
However, he needs Hillary to win for this to work at all. Barack is far from done.
We can only dream.

joewm315 on January 31, 2008 at 12:12 AM

The website bloombergwhitehouse.org redirects to a blogspot blog at http://bloombergwhitehouse.blogspot.com/

This may have been recently done after this posting gave the videos some credence.

Furthermore the site does seem to be some sort of Draft site with no other identifiable markers. There does seem to be some refrence to Google Ads in the source for the site, yet none appear on the site.

PresidenToor on January 31, 2008 at 12:46 AM

These are some of the best ads I have seen. I wish politicians would make it interesting like this by running ads that people can think about and which they actually understand instead of a trotting out of their family and speaking about crap a majority of the population finds boring.

muyoso on January 31, 2008 at 1:19 AM

I think a true billionaire could do a whole lot better, much better, than these two ads. As one poster said, they were done a while ago and for another reason – advertisintg for something else. Bloomberg, for what it’s worth is a class guy. This stuff is just not him. If he indeed is going to run, the ads will be much, much better. His campaign would take votes from Juan, of course, ala Perot.

countywolf on January 31, 2008 at 1:20 AM

I didn’t like the premise of the first one, that Bush and Hill are the same thing, but I don’t think it’s so much a Rep/Dem thing as being unhappy with both. Lots of people are unhappy with Bush, so Clinton could potentially be just more of the same unhappiness.

Cuffy Meigs on January 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

If you’ve never seen a woman bigger than an A cup putting on a bra, that’s pretty much what we have to do. Like a man adjusting himself in his pants when getting dressed.

The first one looked pretty, but nothing beats a good old David Zucker ad.

rjjago on January 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I saw it as being unhappy with Reps in 2006 when we lost congress and the Dems looked so bright and shiny. Then 100 days later, she realized, just like all of us, how they weren’t all they were cracked up to be. So it would be what, Nov ’06, then 100 days later, Jan ’07?

I haven’t followed Bloomburg at all, don’t know much about him, but if keeps Hill and Bill out of the Whitehouse (we just replaced all the silverware, you know), then maybe he’s not such a bad thing.

LickyLicky on January 31, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Bloomberg is to anti-2nd Amendment for me. He’s targeted my state of Virginia several times because of what be believes is are gun laws are too lax. I received a letter from him one time after I wrote his office telling him I disagree with his positions and it basically stated the 2nd Amendment isn’t about freedom and we’re basically a bunch of gun nuts here. I should find it and post it somewhere.

If this guy is willing to completely disregard a portion of our Constitution so openly then he doesn’t deserve to be President.

bentman78 on January 31, 2008 at 7:35 AM

Well if Bloomberg can get in at this late date maybe Fred can get BACK in.

He’s still on my ballot here in California!

Bob's Kid on January 31, 2008 at 8:45 AM

hot blonde in second clip

jp on January 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM

fake blonde

Tzetzes on January 31, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Wow! Beastiality and Cross dressing Transvestite Hookers! Thats just so….New York!

serenity on January 31, 2008 at 10:06 AM