Video: Hillary plays the snub card!

posted at 8:54 am on January 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

No direct accusations here as it’d look petty to make a stink about it, but Wallace sets her up to come to Obama’s defense and she pointedly refuses to do so. Message conveyed. If you believe that the tears helped her in New Hampshire then this new round of victimhood is useful, especially as a way of moving the narrative off of Billy Jeff’s race-baiting.

If “sources” are to be believed, it wasn’t the only time he snubbed her that night either. Although I’m skeptical that it was just “leading Democrats” who wanted them to cuddle up; Hillary needs to get back in his supporters’ good graces for the general election and a gauzy unity shot during the SOTU would have helped. No wonder Obama (allegedly) refused to give her cover.

Update: Hillary started it, says Dowd. Besides, who’s the real woman here? “But Obama is the more emotionally delicate candidate, and the one who has the more feminine consensus management style, and the not-blinded-by-testosterone ability to object to a phony war.”

Comments

Does no one have video of the incident (rather than the photo) so we can answer the snub/no snub question and then move on?

RightWinged on January 30, 2008 at 9:00 AM

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

That phony/snooty response reminds me of my older sister about to lie to my parents to get me in trouble when we were kids.

Very Nellie Olsen!

badpenguin on January 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I’m waiting for her to weep in self pity… and say she’s crying for America.

petefrt on January 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Hey Obama. Lighten up. All they’ve done is accuse you of being a cocaine selling and using, slum lord posse member, only getting votes because of your color candidate. What??? This upsets you? Hang on. They’ll start spotlighting your middle name and the fact that… gasp… your parents were different colors soon. But hey, nuttin personal, right?

Sugar Land on January 30, 2008 at 9:15 AM

These people are so small, so petty. Its depressing.

pappy on January 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Besides, who’s the real woman here?

Silky.

NoFanofLibs on January 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Sugar Land on January 30, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Just don’t talk about the ears.

- The Cat

MirCat on January 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Hey AP, thanks SOOOOOO MUCH for the Dowd link. I hadn’t read any of her crap in years and that column served as a great reminder of my reasons for not doing so.

If there is any other columnist who displays greater vapidity shrouded in know-it-all-ism, I don’t know who it would be. Ivins, Krugman, Sullivan, bow before your dim master.

Wingo on January 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Her hand is reaching out and holding a dagger.

Hillary and Bubba are the political Borgias of the US.

I bet she has one of those poison rings as well.

Hening on January 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Even if it was a snub, why not? Clinton has been bashing him every chance she and her husband get — why should he not snub her?

Wise Golden on January 30, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Very Nellie Olsen!

badpenguin on January 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM

You hit the nail squarely on the head with that one!

Brat on January 30, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Is this for real?

Well, I guess when you refuse to ask about anything important you’ve gotta contrive some sort of controversy out of thin air.

That’s our media for you.

amkun on January 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM

There is absolutely nothing about this woman that is sincere or worthy of trust.

Every word, every move, every expression ….. is calculated.

When you see that bobblehead action that’s a tell. She’s not agreeing with the questioner. That’s a sign she has already analyzed the question and calculated an answer that she is confident will leave her looking completely innocent of any wrongdoing. Think of it as a “I’m smarter than you” reflex.

When there is no head bobbing and she cackles, that’s a tell that all preliminary calculations have failed. The cackle is an programmed subconscience delay tactic to give Cankles more time to calculate a quasi-believable response.

She’s an emotionless robot programmed for her selfish political ambition.

fogw on January 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Update: Hillary started it, says Dowd. Besides, who’s the real woman here?

Gold Jerry. Gold.

Dash on January 30, 2008 at 10:46 AM

“I reached out my hand in friendship and unity”

Unity. Oh, you mean like Rezko and dirty money?

fourstringfuror on January 30, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Hillary Clinton, in a way that would make Joe McCarthy proud, decided to slime Obama with Tony Rezko’s misdeeds. She all but accused Obama of being a slumlord. Then she expects Obama to kiss her rump and genuflect to her when they meet. The Clintons know no shame, have no decency and yet expect everybody else to be subservient to them.

Larraby on January 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

She is just so disgusting….”I reached out my hand in unity”… Now there’s a fairy tale, Bill!

Ann on January 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Sugar Land on January 30, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Obama HAS been getting votes because of his color. What world do you live in?

Darth Executor on January 30, 2008 at 12:03 PM

You mean he’s a metrosexual “man” like the average male Democrat? Bombshell.

Darth Executor on January 30, 2008 at 12:05 PM

What’s worse to me is that her reaction clearly shows she was expecting the question. I guess they both got a talking points memo…

lodestonejames on January 30, 2008 at 12:48 PM

She really is detestable isn’t she? Can’t wait for her to be the nominee.

Chuck Schick on January 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Woman = victim (check)

Captain America on January 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Hey, I wouldn’t shake her hand either. Don’t know where it’s been.

mojo on January 30, 2008 at 3:32 PM

“You know, the way that boy snubbed me, it really reminded me of Jesse Jackson.

If he had done his spadework, he would know not to pull this with me.” - HRC

Blackity black. Muslim. Drug Lord.

Dorvillian on January 30, 2008 at 5:30 PM