Quote of the day

posted at 11:00 pm on January 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m sure Karl Marx would totally agree. (So would the Beast)

Tony737 on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Greedy people.

Michelle on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Sounds like the commie left. Someone is making money and someone needs to take it away from them.

cjs1943 on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Thanks for the laugh ole ‘Cain!

Mcguyver on January 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Romney’s reaction is priceless. Like “did he just say what I think he said? How am I losing to this guy???”

warrenmr on January 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Just for the record, Cavuto did say yesterday on his show that the FBI is looking into 14 lenders. I doubt that is just “for show” as that itself would make the market nervous, and isn’t something like 56% of the market financials? Someone here probably knows better than I.

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Maverick:

1: an unbranded range animal; especially : a motherless calf
2: an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party

Symptoms/Signs of BSE:

BSE is a progressive, fatal disease of the nervous system of cattle. There is no test to diagnose BSE in live animals, although a tentative diagnosis may be made based on clinical signs. Animals with BSE may show a number of different symptoms including nervous or aggressive (cranky) behavior, abnormal posture (leaning left), lack of co-ordination (with own party) or difficulty in rising from a lying position (”That means that we were leaving!”).

Deety on January 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Haha great quote. Lets punish Wall Street! That’ll make the economy bounce back!

CABE on January 30, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Michelle on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

McCain has been running away from something that I think that he truly does regret as a lapse of judgment on his part for so long and so hard that he has completely lost perspective.

Deety on January 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM

He really does sound like Hillary

Kini on January 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Punished? This guy has gotta be stopped. Its too bad my state has the last primary.

AbaddonsReign on January 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I’m really having a hard time understanding how this asshat is leading in all of these polls and people are voting for him. Don’t these people understand the concept of critical thinking? Let me give an example: we gather data, from data we get information, with information we gain knowledge, with knowledge we can arrive at a conclusion(s), with a conclusion(s), we can make a decision. Its not really that difficult.

cjs1943 on January 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Like I’ve said before, and I think AP mentioned this/asked an exit question earlier today on this topic…I would much rather have a anti-capitalist democrat in the White House for 4 years than have a anti-capitalist republican. People in the base seem to be frustrated about the increasing size of government today and the lack of attention paid to the free market by the current administration. Imagine how much more demoralized they’ll be 4 years from now if we have to go through a whole additional campaign season with McCain as the flag barer of the GOP (even if it is just in name only).

The Hort on January 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Wow, it just gets worse.

Look, I’m no fan of some of these Wall Streeters that took positions in shaky CDO’s backed by subprime mortgages … but the way you punish them is simply by letting them lose their a$$ when their investments go bad. Or, more succinctly:

Suck. It. Up.

It’s called the free market, John – look into it.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Throughout that debate, McCain acted as though he’s entitled to Republican votes.

Think again, senator. I’m willing to vote for you if you get the nomination, but you’ve got to earn it. Class warfare and lies about your record just aren’t doing it for me.

Slublog on January 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I think there’s some McLiars in the senate that need to be punished.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Meet the new Ron Paul.

thedecider on January 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM

“I think their are some greedy people in wallstreet that
perhaps need to be punished”

Got to give McCain some credit here,hahahahahh it least
he’s telling everyone in advance what he thinks,but it
soumds a lot like LibSpeek,and how UnRepublican it sounds!

canopfor on January 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

McCain is a great American hero but he’s too damned dumb on economics to be president.

Tantor on January 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM

I honestly think he WANTED to stay with the communists and his broken bones are from his plane mishap……..

And he lied when he said there were no more servicemen left in those camps (or China/Russia)…..

He is the “Manchurian Candidate”……

After all……..he doesn’t want to “torture” our ruthless enemies…..

And all that other liberal/communist/socialist stuff he sticks up for……

awesum on January 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Meet the new Ron Paul.

thedecider on January 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Channeling Ron Paul works for winning the cell phone debate ratings!?!

Brilliant!

Mcguyver on January 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Slublog on January 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

The sad thing Slu is that there are too many in the Republican tent that are simply willing to give it to him, regardless of whether or not he earns it.

You know – the same ones that refer to us as MDS sufferers for pointing out the (numerous) deficiencies in his record.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Would that be part of your stimulus package, Senator?

CP on January 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

He really does sound like Hillary.
Kini on January 30,2008 at 11:11PM.

Kini:Your absolutely correct,but Hillary has learned a lot
of tricks form Slick Willy,if President(G!D forbid)
she would have wallstreet under indictment at 3:00AM,
and surprise!

canopfor on January 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

McCain=Capitalism=RIP.

canopfor on January 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

AbaddonsReign on January 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

What happened to Enforce the laws on the books?

or is that only enforce the laws that you like?

How about we enforce ALL the laws..

Chakra Hammer on January 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Gack!

mksmithwriter on January 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Chakra Hammer on January 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

I’m sure I’ll regret asking this later, but what are you talking about?

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Remember the McKeating 5!

Buy Danish on January 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

I ask again…how can any Republican actually vote for this tool McShamnesty? WTF? Greedy people on wall Street need to be punished…who’ll be left to run the nations businesses? Greed is good!

jwp1964 on January 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Starlink :

This is approaching the absurd.

Indeed it is.

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Greedy people.

Michelle on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

In John McCain’s America, any politician who accepts a large contribution or gift from a donor, and then takes steps consistent with the donor’s interests — even though there is no legal quid pro quo — is corrupt. Well, then, by his own standard, McCain is corrupt.

John McCain: not the smartest women in the world.
John may be a slick shyster with an entitlement pass but he’s just not that bright.

Speakup on January 30, 2008 at 11:40 PM

I’m sure I’ll regret asking this later, but what are you talking about?

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM

well, IF some laws were broken “insider trading” or some other
type of law is broken it should be prosecuted, with the same veracity that securing the border and stemming the flow of illegal aliens etc…

I’m for Law & Order, don’t cherry pick them.

Chakra Hammer on January 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Maybe…just maybe he meant greedy people who broke the law!

jgapinoy on January 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

WOW!

But hey, not voting for this guy is just like voting for Clinton. (close your eyes, you won’t feel a thing)

Weight of Glory on January 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Of course McCain is clueless–you don’t grow brains as you get older and he graduated in the bottom 1% at the Naval Academy. I was hoping that Romney would look at him tonight and ask, “Are you really that stupid?”

Alma on January 30, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Maybe…just maybe he meant greedy people who broke the law!

jgapinoy on January 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Yeah you’re probably right. We know how he hates people who break the law…well some people…and only some laws…well if they break them for a long enough time they will be forgiven…well they’ll still pay a fine…or bananas…what I mean is, oh, never mind.

Weight of Glory on January 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM

But did any of these people on Wall St. break any laws?
I don’t think McCain minds if they entered the country illegally, hired an illegal alien or commited identity theft. Though we might need a special call by the Maverick if greed was the motive.

snaggletoothie on January 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM

I’m for Law & Order, don’t cherry pick them.

Chakra Hammer on January 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Me too. One of the issues that Tanc brought up a few months ago also was the mortgage companies forging documents for the purpose of selling to illegal immigrants compounded with artificially inflated appraisal values. I doubt this is what McCain had in mind in this clip, but I really don’t think dismissing this whole issue carte blanche is appropriate.

Spirit of 1776 on January 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM

No one seems to have commented on how McCain ducked–twice–when asked if he’d vote for his bill if it came up today. He won’t answer it and instead says, “It won’t come up.” The question was not, “Will it come up” but rather, “if it were to come up, would you vote for it?” He’s to stupid to understand the difference.

Alma on January 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM

It’s unfortunate that Super Tuesday is next week and not in 2 or three weeks. It would give McCain a few additional weeks to put his Liberal foot in his mouth. As is he may squeak into the nomination by virtue of widespread ignorance of his positions.

DerKrieger on January 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Note to all Rudy folks telling us to shut up and support McCain:

Please tell me why.

McCain wants to punish capitalists.
McCain supports gay marriage.
McCain disagrees with don’t ask/ don’t tell in the military.
McCain wants amnesty for illegal aliens
McCain thinks Constitutional rights can be removed.

Just the top five. Why oh why should I just shut up and let this piece of crap become the GOP nominee over my strident and repeated objections? Give me just one reason!!!!

highhopes on January 30, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Perhaps you could tax them more Senator. I think as a Conservative, I have a duty to support the best candidate to represent my views. So I’m throwing my support to Mickey Mouse.

If McCain gets the nomination, do you think we can pressure him into giving up his Senate Seat?

Snake307 on January 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM

McCain will pander to the base until he’s elected and then, true to form, stab us in the back. It is better strategically for the base to ensure McCain loses in 2008 so the havoc the Dems wreak will ensure a GOP victory in 2012. If McCain is elected he will wreak the same havoc as the Dems, only the GOP and “Conservatives” will be blamed instead setting the Dems up for a win in 2012. There is little substantive difference between McCain and Liberals, why not elect the real thing and leave the GOP out of the ensuing debacle?

DerKrieger on January 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

McPunisher.

This guy should be on a Mexican wrestling tag team, not in the race for the U.S. President.

A serape cape and a pair of droopy tights.

He doesn’t understand the basics of our system, economy or liberties.

He and Hillary want to punish the sucessful.

Kissin’ Weasels.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2008 at 12:00 AM

For the Greater Good. ™

liquidflorian on January 31, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Guess who’s endorsement the Wall Street Punisher just got? Steve Forbes!!! How is this disaster happening?

Greenhorn on January 31, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Greenhorn on January 31, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Yeah, odd. I watched Kudlow tonight. He and Jerry Boyer from NR seemed to approve of McCain too. They think his advisors like Phil Gramm and apparently even supply-sider Art Laffer will steer him in the right direciton on tax policy. And I think he will be ok on spending, as his rhetoric on earmarks, etc. has been good. But then he goes and says this along with the patriotism versus profits BS.

phronesis on January 31, 2008 at 12:15 AM

The WSJ and Forbes endorse him because of his support for amnesty.

DerKrieger on January 31, 2008 at 12:18 AM

As country-western plays in the background.

MarkoMancuso on January 31, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Frankly Romney also disturbs on the spending front, with his pander to the Michigan auto industry et. al. McCain would probably be better from a deficit hawk and spending cut point of view. And he is pro-free trade, unlike Huck. But McCain’s always incorporates leftist talking points, class warfare rhetoric, etc. and clearly doesn’t understand the benefits that low taxes have on economic growth. So the choice seems to be between a tax-cut and spend candidate in Romney and a tax-hike deficit hawk in McCain. At least Romney’s first instinct isn’t to condemn business and capitalism. But how did we get to this point?

phronesis on January 31, 2008 at 12:30 AM

I’ll vote for McAmnesty this fall if forced to, but only because he might put conservatives on the Supreme Court.
I know Hillary/Obama won’t.

Occasus on January 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM

phronesis on January 31, 2008 at 12:30 AM

As a Rudy supporter now voting for McCain, I would say that we got to this point by our party imposing a litmus test upon our candidates, our best candidate, albeit a pro-choice(anti-abortion) candidate, was the most conservative with the MOST accomplishments across the field, that could also, span the spectrum of voters and grow the party while still maintaining the conservative principals, lower taxer, less government, personal responsibility, federalism. etc..

Chakra Hammer on January 31, 2008 at 12:50 AM

The WSJ and Forbes endorse him because of his support for amnesty.

DerKrieger on January 31, 2008 at 12:18 AM

As long as the border are secured, verified to be secured for a few years, and a new VISA is created to include bio-metrices.(Japan does NOT allow Foreigners into their country unless they give fingerprints, right at the airport or port of entry) We need to know who enters the country and who leave the country.

Chakra Hammer on January 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM

To me, I personally do care, IF the illegal aliens Chooe to come forward of their accord to pay a hefty legal restitution here, to get the bio-metric ID card, this card would NOT give them citizenship, they would still need to go though that process.. this card would just be like a “guest worker card”,
some of them, may choose not to pay the he hefty fines and ask to leave those would be free to go(they would be photographed and fingerprinted however, since they would be in our custody and the border would secured) to their home country to apply for the “guest worker card”, so no FINE would apply..

Doing this, the illegals here now would freely come forward,
we would want them to come forward, and not drive them even further into the shadows that could actually cause more of a problem, where you could have a situation where a normal non-violent worker who would fear deportation that has a bad situation in his home country is now driven into criminality here.

Chakra Hammer on January 31, 2008 at 1:13 AM

To me, I personally do not care, IF the illegal aliens choose to come forward of their own accord to pay a hefty legal restitution here, to get the bio-metric ID card, this card would NOT give them citizenship, they would still need to go though that process.. this card would just be like a “guest worker card”,
some of them, may choose not to pay the hefty fines and ask to leave those would be free to go(they would be photographed and fingerprinted however, since they would be in our custody and the border would secured) to their home country to apply for the “guest worker card”, so no FINE would apply..

Doing this, the illegals here now would freely come forward,

Chakra Hammer on January 31, 2008 at 1:16 AM

There just isn’t any difference between being struck by a pickup at 70 and a Peterbuilt at 55, your no less dead.
Hillary and Obama may be worse but McCain is more than bad enough.

Very quickly, 20 million illegal aliens will be amnestied and the next 30 million will rush our ports and borders effectively eviscerating our ability to resist.

This election cycle does not afford the cushion of lesser of two evils but only ruinous and ruinous or Romney as the singular opportunity to save ourselves.

Its useless to vote for McCain versus a registered liberal, the ultimate result is exactly the same.

Speakup on January 31, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Chakra

Rudy was my favorite as well, and tied with Romney, but with him falling out, Romney it is. Sorry, but there’s no way I can support that traitor McCain. If he is the nominee, then I’d hold my nose and support Obama, or remain neutral if it’s him vs Clinton. At least, with a Dem President, the GOP won’t have to carry that water on their behalf. OTOH, if McCain becomes president, not only does the GOP part of Congress have to obey him: he then owns the RNC as well.

infidelpride on January 31, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Chakra…

The fine and the “like a guest worker card” is for what?

Entering the country illegally?

What should the penalty be for falsifying documents and misrepresenting your identity to employers, landlords and government officials?

Free medical care and some food stamps perhaps?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 1:23 AM

I’m trying to find a way to be able to vote for McCain, but much like Huckabee, he’s making it harder.

Security Mom on January 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I’m going insane people. I need help.

This poser (McCain) is driving me insane!

Conservatives stop voting for this loon!

msipes on January 31, 2008 at 1:29 AM

The sad thing is, that a majority of people on this board will end up voting for him if he is the nominee. They will abandon any and all principles they hold, to vote against the democrat nominee. And the GOP will never learn its lesson, and the trend will continue. Shameful.

muyoso on January 31, 2008 at 1:35 AM

Wasn’t it just a few days ago that Rudy bragged about his political differences with the “liberal New York Times”?

Then he jumps in the same boat with them on the McCain endorsement?

I guess the old gray lady knows a thing or two, huh Rudy?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 1:36 AM

Note to all Rudy folks telling us to shut up and support McCain:

Please tell me why.

McCain wants to punish capitalists.

Not all of them, you nitwit, just any dishonest ones who might have contributed to the current crisis.

McCain supports gay marriage.

So do I.

McCain disagrees with don’t ask/ don’t tell in the military.

So do I.

McCain wants amnesty for illegal aliens

You’re twisting the definition of amnesty, but I’d be willing to support some form of amnesty for those here already.

McCain thinks Constitutional rights can be removed.

And so does the President, Congress, and Supreme Court. I don’t support all of McCain-Feingold, but McCain is hardly alone.

McCain 2008!

Big S on January 31, 2008 at 1:55 AM

What is gay marriage?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM

I’m sure Karl Marx would totally agree. (So would the Beast)

Tony737 on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

funny. it sounds so clearly like something no “real conservative” would say.

but then if he were talking about punnishing the “greedy people on wall street” represented by the wsj’s editorial position on immigration, you all would be like wet putty for him; always filled to the neck with hatred for “country club” types and all.

jummy on January 31, 2008 at 2:04 AM

What is gay marriage?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM

A social experiment.

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:10 AM

Is it anything like free market socialism?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:12 AM

What is gay marriage?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM

it’s something romney supported until just prior to forming his campaign exploratory comittee.

he’s better than a real conservative, he’s a real conservative.

jummy on January 31, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Could you refer me to this “support”?

I’d like to look into it further.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:18 AM

Well, get back to me when you get this information. I’m going to bed.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:29 AM

If by free market socialism you mean an economic system in which there is a market economy directed and guided by state planners then yes.

Think of it as a way of circumventing all of those greedy, selfish mothers and fathers that only gum up the works when child raising is much better done by village commities.

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:30 AM

I think I’m catching on…

thanks!

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:34 AM

My wife and I have a gay marriage…

at times.

Sometimes it’s difficult.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:38 AM

Like the vast majority of Americans, I’ve opposed same-sex marriage, but I’ve also opposed unjust discrimination against anyone, for racial or religious reasons, or for sexual preference. Americans are a tolerant, generous, and kind people. We all oppose bigotry and disparagement. But the debate over same-sex marriage is not a debate over tolerance. It is a debate about the purpose of the institution of marriage and it is a debate about activist judges who make up the law rather than interpret the law.

Link

Romney supported civil rights for teh gheys NOT undermining the traditional meaning of marriage and family.

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:39 AM

Ummm.. scratch that capitulation to the whole “civil rights” meme. My fault. Typing while tired.

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:42 AM

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:42 AM

I recall Romney as Governor going to Washington to speak about traditional marriage. I was impressed with him.

CABE on January 31, 2008 at 2:44 AM

I know Hillary/Obama won’t.

Occasus on January 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM

What a sad state of affairs. Don’t give up hope though, Romney might pull through for us. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

TexasBella on January 31, 2008 at 2:46 AM

CABE on January 31, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Actually, I was ambivalent about the whole gay marriage issue in sort of a live and let live sort of way until I heard that argument.

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 2:47 AM

If McCain wins the nomination, let Hillarybama have it.

I’d rather get the knife in the chest instead of stabbed in the back.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 2:57 AM

Boy, you got me there jummy! Over the years I’ve come to believe that access to abortions should be restricted far more than it is now. But now I see that it is far worse to change one’s position on abortion.

Have you considered a position doing outreach for the National Right to Life organization?

Deety on January 31, 2008 at 3:03 AM

McCain=Capitalism=RIP.

canopfor on January 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I agree and your right, If comrade Hillary should win. Worse
McCain, same but a slower death.

RIT – Rest In Torment

Kini on January 31, 2008 at 3:14 AM

Hey jummy,

You got that Romney “support” for “gay marriage” info yet?

Still want to check that out.

Thanks.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Greedy people.

Michelle on January 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

yet another reason why i wont vote for Juan McLiar.
if it comes down to the beast or the Shamnesty pimp I am voting none of the above

Mojack420 on January 31, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Hey jummy,

Are you going to show me the goods, or are you just peein’ and fleein’?

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 3:38 AM

Ahhh, whatever…

Goodnight.

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 3:38 AM

Jummy: you are lying that Romney “supported gay marriage.” In fact, it should be widely known that the only reason the rest of the country DOESN’T have gay marriage is because of Romney’s stopping it in Massachuessets.

That’s one of the signature events that got Romney some initial attention: he managed to fight his supreme court and his liberal legislature to the point where he saved the rest of the country from having gay marriage shoved down their throat.

Please be honest on this issue.

Vanceone on January 31, 2008 at 3:42 AM

Saltysam on January 31, 2008 at 3:38 AM

Peein’ and fleein’ ?

You’re more ghetto than me.

CABE on January 31, 2008 at 3:44 AM

Keep it up, Senator, your dark side is showing.

More please

Captain America on January 31, 2008 at 3:53 AM

McCain vs. Able.

And WHY the f*** is Ron Paul still there?

Shirotayama on January 31, 2008 at 4:38 AM

My personal favorite was Juan’s “April was a strange year in 2007.” comment.

SECOND LOOK AT DEGENERATIVE SENILITY!

SuperCool on January 31, 2008 at 4:58 AM

The StraightJacket Express moves to the next platform..

How did this loony dimwit get his shaking hands on my Party?

TexasJew on January 31, 2008 at 5:27 AM

To quote one of my favorite actors-
“What if this is as good as it gets?”

It would be a sad state of affairs if this RINO gets the nomination.

leanright on January 31, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Apparently this is what they want to hear if he’s leading the polls. You know the average American is not very smart and gets his or her information from six second soundbites like the one posted here. Some neophyte could see this quote and go “HELL YEAH!” because they don’t understand how the economy works. The average American voter is very stupid OR addicted to gubmint p’ogams, and they want to hear that the rich are the source of their misery instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that it starts with self.

RWLA on January 31, 2008 at 7:14 AM