Michelle tells Glenn Beck: I won’t vote for McCain over Hillary

posted at 4:25 pm on January 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

“Not at this moment,” she says, leaving herself a teensy bit of wiggle room. Civil war within the Hot Air family? I fear the worst, my friends.

Take your pick: 16 minutes of audio or the quickie transcript. The meatiest stuff is in the last few minutes of the second clip, but if you missed the uproar over Juan Hernandez and Jerry Perenchio, settle in and listen to it all. They’re a particularly egregious stain on an already egregious immigration record. Like she says, America needs to know.

CPAC is going to be awesome this year.

Update: “McCain Derangement Syndrome”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Tuesday the 5th will change the delgate totals for sure. Maybe Super Tuesday will be a super day for Willard. Anybody but Juan!

countywolf on January 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM

BohicaTwentyTwo:

Fine, think 1945. Do you want do surrender to the Americans or the Soviets?

_

BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!! BANG !!!!!

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM

I don’t make decisions to please radio hosts, party leaders, church leaders, political pundits, or bloggers.

I do whats right for my family period. Michelle and Rush can stomp their feet and hold their breath till they turn blue. As far as I am concerned……

If McCain wins the nomination and you decide to pitch a fit and stay home in November, I consider that a vote for a democrat.

Now I consider the enemy as well.

Some need to step out of the echo chamber and see yourselves for the sheople you have become.

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Michelle, Rush and the rest of us who know the value of genuine conservatism are only pointing out to the GOP that it is running away from the principles upon which it was formed.

Please, give me a break with that BS. First of all, conservatives don’t own my party. They are not my keepers. More importantly however, genuine conservatism doesn’t include slandering a war hero’s character just because you don’t like his positions. -phony conservatives do, however.

Opinionnation on January 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Oh for crapsake! What is this? Rock’em-sock’em strawmen?

#1 NONE of the talkshow hosts I regularly listen to — Rush, Laura, Hewitt, Prager, Bennett … — has advised that we Republicans should stay away from the polls if McCain is nominated. To the contrary, ALL of them are saying that the top priority is defeating the democrats this Fall.

#2 NONE of the above have slandered John McCain or said a single thing to impugn his heroic war record. THAT is a fact. EVERYBODY admires John the military man, and John the champion of the Victory in Iraq cause.

Grrrr. What a pack of idiots.

argos on January 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM

just put an X next to Ron Paul

Isnt that how must ronpaul supporters get their paychecks ?

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM

That should have read ” Know I consider you the enemy as well”.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Ahhhhh, but please note, we are a numerous bunch of whiney lemmings. And determined to get this country back on the right track. So be it.

Zetterson on January 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Bunch of whiney lemmings.
mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Thanks for the laugh. I really needed that.

Calling the people who are trying to keep the entire nation from running off the edge of a cliff lemmings and sheeple sheople, is just…..

Priceless!

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

Well, join us will you? You’ve been played like a cheap violin. This has all been staged for your benefit. The anti-mormon slurs against Mitt, Rudy and Thompson laying back, letting their campaigns die out, the cries of “Evangelical!” against Huckabee … and especially the scare tactic of “what if Hillary wins????”. All aimed at making McCainez a much more attractive candidate than he really is. He’s nothing more than a democrat. He votes with them, he takes their side on issues.

I think it’s you that’s the lemming … go ahead, vote for McCainez, it’s your right. Welcome Lemming!

darwin on January 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM

That should have read ” Know I consider you the enemy as well”.

Yeah … we got the gist, thanks.

darwin on January 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Wow, you McCain supporters really know how to bring people over to your side.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

If we don’t stand our ground together this time. Then no candidate will ever take us seriously again. We will end up like the African American contingent of the Donk Mob.

Pandered to briefly, then passed over.

ronsfi on January 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

CliffHanger on January 30, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Actually, such voting systems are in use. My neighborhood association uses a system very similar to what you describe to fill a dozen seats. You vote for, against or abstain on each candidate individually. A candidate must have net positive votes to be elected. If more than 12 people have net positive votes, the top vote getters are elected. If less than 12 people have net positive votes, seats go unfilled. Occasionally, an unpopular candidate has been “blackballed” by enough negative votes to prevent them from being elected to even an open uncontested seat.

There are other more complex systems in use as well, such as ones where third place and lower votes get reallocated to the top two finishers.

cool breeze on January 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Why should we consider McCain a hero? After 238 decorated war heros came out and said Kerry was unfit to lead, they were lambasted by every angle while McCain kissed his ass and tried to be his running mate. McCain by being a prisoner of war should get our respect for the hardship he had to endure. What he as done to this country….hero? Since he has some advocates for open borders as his advisors, that should tell you what he is going to go for this country.

volsense on January 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM

volsense on January 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM

volsense on January 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM

And historically, a candidate that cannot excite members of their own party is not going to be successful.

Zetterson on January 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Right. Take Fred, for instance. Or Huck. Or Rudy. Or, alas, it is beginning to appear, our man Mitt, who is this close to beating the hated McCain. And what are 80 percent of the people doing here? They are SOBBING that McCain has grabbed narrow victories in SC and FL and RANTING like school children that they will never ever ever vote for McCain over Hillary. When they SHOULD be coalescing around the best available alternative to McCain, and Clinton, and who is that? Mitt Romney, course. Fred never got close. Rudy looked good for a while but pooped out. Huck rode his bubble for a while, but he’s done now. The ONLY candidate left to beat McCain is Romney. So are all the wackjobs around here who are whining that they will never vote for McCain saying the same thing about Mitt? Will they likewise never ever ever vote for that damn flipflopping Morman NO MATTER WHAT?

This is what I mean. Our problems, as conservatives, are our own and nobody else’s. The GOP is not to blame. The media is not to blame. John McCain is not to blame. WE are to blame. And we are fast running out of time to figure it out.

Sheesh!

argos on January 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Sorry, but count me out in November. Call me whatever you like, but this country is going to be overrun with illegals, debt, terrorists, taxes, capitualtion, dhimmitude, and VERY big government regardless of the winner (McCain or Hillary). I will not walk off of a cliff holding John McCain’s hand just because he has an R beside his name… and neither will my wife. Both of us will be staying home. Hillary can have the White House and she and her party can take all of the blame and soak up all of the blood on the streets while they’re at it. I will not play a part in sullying the good name of the Republican Party that men like Ronald Reagan worked so hard to build. I’ll wait for 2012 when the real Reagan Renaissance begins. Thank you and good night. I have a bomb shelter to build.

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM

To clarify….

I never in my life thought I would vote for McCain. I ain’t happy I will have to but if that is the only choice I have against a democrat I will do so.

I stick with my sheople and whiny lemmings statement. My daughter will often stomp her feet, shake her arms, and whine when she cant get her way. I expect that from a child of 22 months. Not adults. Not conservatives. Yet that’s exactly what I am seeing.

If that offends to bad.

I call em’ like I see em’.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM

To clarify….

If that offends to bad.

I call em’ like I see em’.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM

That is a lie. Are you a mole from the Daily Kos?

argos on January 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

I cannot believe some of you think the WOT is more important than the culture war that some of you are just now recognizing.

Immigration is a rapid dilution of American culture, and that will erode the sovereignty of this country quicker than anything the islamophsychos can accomplish.

I can see now we have political neophytes in the Republican party that have led the party to ruin in the last decade.

ClassicCon on January 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

If I vote according to my beliefs and principles, and that vote is a write-in, if need be, then I don’t want to hear any lecturing. All this, you’re the enemy/sheeple/lemming garbage is weak. For me, my belief system doesn’t call for compromise on certain core principles. When they don’t line up with someone, he doesn’t get my vote. With that said, I know whom I’m voting for, even if I have to write his name in on the Diebold Screen. That is my exercise of my rights as guaranteed by the constitution and preserved by our country’s governance and military. So…..stop lecturing people about throwing their votes. If you’re scared, then just say it. Voting for weak, watered down, backstabbing candidates encourages weak backstabbers to submit their applications.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Cold Steel: Correct. I couldn’t agree more.

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

There isn’t a significant difference between McCain and Hillary on issues I care about the most, such as immigration, judicial appointments, and government spending/taxes.

The Republican Party will have to get a lot closer to its Reagan roots, for me to support it. I will not vote for a rebirth of the Rockefeller Republicans. I will not give money to a party willing to dilute my vote by granting it to millions of illegal immigrants. And yes, I remember Reagan helped ease immigration rules in the mistaken hope it would reduce the flow. Built the wall, and then fix the rules.

To paraphrase the greatest president of this century, I did not leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me. I am not writing any of this because I think it will change the mind of one McCain voter, at least not until the following election.

doufree on January 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Anyone else having trouble with this thread? It has crashed my browser (Firefox) about ten times in the last hour.

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM
Wow, you McCain supporters really know how to bring people over to your side.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Yeah, why don’t you just tell us to F__k off! The way McCain did to Cornyn.

In a heated dispute over immigration-law overhaul, McCain screamed, ‘F— you!’ at Texas Sen. John Cornyn, who had been raising concerns about the legislation. ‘This is chickens—stuff,’ McCain snapped at Cornyn, according to several people in the room off the Senate floor Thursday. ‘You’ve always been against this bill, and you’re just trying to derail it.’” (Charles Hurt, “Raising McCain,”
New York Post, 5/19/07)

NTWR on January 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Just for you …argos. Google: McCain Kerry Vice President

Then let me know who the moron is…..MORON!

volsense on January 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

McCain-Feingold now applies to political websites. Political blogs are shut down 2 hours before any McCain appearance.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

“Lest we Forget

1. They say God put Republicans on earth to cut taxes. But John McCain was one of only two Republicans to vote against the Bush tax cuts.

2. McCain was the biggest supporter, and co-sponsor, of McCain-Feingold, the greatest assault on free speech in at least three decades.

3. McCain backs all kinds of anti-gun legislation.

4. McCain attempted to give terrorists at Gitmo various “rights.”

5. McCain supports various intrusive government regulations to stop “global warming.”

6. McCain insulted various Christian leaders during the 2000 campaign.

7. McCain called the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth “dishonest and dishonorable” because they dared question what John Kerry had done in Vietnam.

8. McCain championed, sponsored, and repeatedly attempted to ram through a bill to amnesty 20 million illegal aliens, and import tens of millions of poor, low-skilled, under-educated, non-English-speaking Third Worlders.

If Mitt Romney is a “full-spectrum conservative,” McCain is a full-spectrum anti-conservative.

If McCain is selected as the Republican party’s nominee, I will not be able to vote for him, any more than I could vote for Hillary Clinton. I will leave my vote blank at the top of the ticket, or find a third party candidate to support.”
- PoliPundit

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Must disagree with Michelle – saying that Hillary and McCain are the same is total Donkey manure. Unless you think that pork barrel spending, protectionism, socialist healthcare, abortion, Islamic imperialism, military cuts, and defeat in Iraq doesn’t matter, in which case you’re no Republican worth the name.

What will give us a Democratic POTUS is infighting and poison in the GOP, not any merit on the part of the Democratic candidate. It must be hard for Michelle to see this, having invested so much in the immigration question, and been wrongfully insulted for her views by Republicans such as Geraldo, but it is not the be all and end all. McCain has said he has changed his mind for the better just as Romney did. Let’s hope for the sake of mainstream GOP supporters she will show better judgement in the future.

Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I’m with MM on this one…Michael Medved…sorry, but I’m voting Republican no matter what. As I’ve been saying I’ll vote for whoever is the Republican candidate in November because, mark my words, if a Dim gets in, there will not be a backlash with a Republican congress getting in 2 years later to check them and the Senate will not go back to Republican anytime soon. Times are different and people I encounter in my formerly solidly Republican county are going more and more for the Dims whatever reason. If we don’t keep the Presidency, that one check against the legislative branch will be gone…I’d rather have someone I’m not 100% for (McCain) than someone I’m 100% against (Chillary/Obama).

deedledee on January 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

….McCain has said he has changed his mind for the better….
Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM

And proven himself a liar based not only on his choices of open borders campaign staff ‘advisers’ and his own words of just two days ago.

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Michelle is wrong.

I love Michelle to death. She is outspoken, brave and I agree with her 95% of the time.

This falls into the 5% where I believe she is utterly, completely wrong.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Okay, help me out with this. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Michelle said, “I would rather have someone who has, you know, had an epiphany and is now coming to court conservative votes because he wants to represent them…”

I see the reasoning in this statement. That is why I am personally requesting HA to take a second look at Mr. Huckabee. Hold your nose and support him if you have to. Governor Huckabee is the ONLY Republican in the race now who can stop Hillary. If she is elected it will be NATIONAL SUICIDE and that’s no exaggeration. I’m serious about this. I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t believe it. Thank you.

Laura Ingraham a few weeks ago

apacalyps on January 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM

As is usually the case, I’m with Ms. Malkin on this. And if anyone thinks immigration isn’t the “be all, end all,” as Pax Americana says, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Grayson on January 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM

I have said that this election is about the war whether it’s being fought in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, or wherever. The war MUST be fought and any attempt to “talk” to the enemy is suicide.

So…ANY viable candidate that opposes ANY Democrat will get my vote as long as they are going to continue to fight the war.

Michelle et al, we can NOT forget what’s important here. We stopped Amnesty once and we can do it again as long as we hold some kind of power in DC. If we give up and stay home then we surrender the field to the enemy. That’s an abdication of our responsibilities.

Pilgrim on January 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Sitting home if McCain is the nominee? Sitting home?

How do you win by losing? How do you win ideologically by losing elections? I’m no McCain guy, but I’m a realist. If he loses because we all sit home, you think the country’s in a better place?

If we have a moderate on our ticket, and then a moderate in the White House, it’s our job as conservatives to hold his feet to the fire.

Any conservative who says that a Hillary presidency is better (or just as good) as a McCain presidency isn’t thinking. A guy who is a moderate on some things, and conservative on others always beats a shrill magpie socialist from Illinois/Arkansas/New York.

Pope Linus on January 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM

McCain’s election would be worse, as his election would stop the chance of having a non plantation/shamnasy candidate in 2012.

It would also be worse as history would record that it was a Republican President who sold America down the rio for campaign contributions from plantation owners.

Also Juan Plantation Strawberries McShamnasty‘s mental health/temperment is about 5 beers short of a six pack.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM

If he loses because we all sit home, you think the country’s in a better place?

Pope Linus on January 30, 2008 at 8:09 PM

I know that I will feel a lot better.

Conservatives must throw off the bondage of Abused Conservative Syndrome and stop being such enablers.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM

I haven’t had time to read MM’s reasoning or any of the comments. However, I have already decided I will not vote for John McCain if he is the candidate.

Under any condition

That means any condition

I am through with the black mail. I voted for the fool Dole. I voted for read-my lips Bush Sr. I voted for Bush Jr because I was told they had scoured the US to find a decent conservative who could win. I thought decent meant honorable, I did not until recently understand that
1. ‘decent’ meant followed the game plan on moving America to a plantation economy
2. that the ‘They’ who recruited McCain were the same ‘They’ that have triangulated to suck off votes to get McCain in by pampering Huck until he was not needed, praising Guiliani enuf to until he was not needed, keeping Ron Paul alive to hold those votes away from the pot, and playing on the MSM desire to push McCain who is the weakest against the DEM candidates with the base, yet leftist enuf to satisfy them should he actually win

Bunch of whiney lemmings.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

the mikkins of the blog can read my lips. I do not give a rats ask about your logic. I have been there done that.

The only lemmings on the GOP will be the suckers who vote McCain. I will vote. I will not vote McCain. Everyone in my circle, the majority of whom did not prefer Romney have already declared they are finished with the game.

I will not pull the lever to kill my nation.

Anyone who calls me a lemming for not following their spinmobile had better think twice about the enemies they are creating

We will not go hide under a basket.

We are not lemmings. We are partiots.

Real lemmings, take note.

entagor on January 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM

correction
We are not lemmings. We are partiots Patriots.

Real lemmings, take note.

entagor on January 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM

entagor on January 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM

“haven’t had time to read MM’s reasoning or any of the comments. However, I have already decided I will not vote for John McCain if he is the candidate.

Under any condition

That means any condition”

Therefor you condemn yourself, your family, my family, and everyone else to the whims of the democrat party.

Nice logic.

I know I would be ashamed to look my kid in the eye, and any member of my military for that matter.

mikkins on January 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

I agree with you.

If John McCain becomes the GOP candidate, then principled conservatism (that is, what is left of it after George W.)has died.

ColtsFan on January 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I considered voting for McCain…

But I decided that he’s just a Pro-war Democrat.

No, I will do a write-in for a dead man before I vote for McCain or Clinton, or Obama. Romney’s acceptable. His gun rights flip-floping is like a burning boil on my butt.

I can still vote for him though.

Jones Zemkophill on January 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM

1) McCain has a basically conservative record–Bryan just yesterday said J-Mac votes conservative 80% of the time. Michelle would rather have Hillary or “O” than John?
2) Fred had that CAIR dude in his campaign, but he was practically endorsed by HA (& me), so why the furor over Hernandez?
3) The more talk radio & HA slam J-Mac, the easier it will be for the Dem to win in Nov.
4) John will pick a conservative VP to run with, he’ll retire after one term, & that conservative will be the nominee in 2012.

jgapinoy on January 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Pope Linus:
I don’t disagree with you, contrary to my “sitting home” post. Believe me, my position was not formed over night. I and others have thought long and hard about this and will continue to do so. My wife and I have discussed this at length for quite some time. It comes down to this one issue: I’m not holding my nose anymore. If the Republicans want my vote, then they can have it by offering me a candidate I can trust. I do not not trust McCain. Period. And yes, in my opinion, he’s just as bad as Hillary on most issues. There. I said it. Sue me.

I keep in mind 3 things:
1) In 1976, we got Carter. A man who lived up to every Democratic Party principle, and he was a disaster, and we all saw it and woke up from our slumber. In exchange for that, we got Reagan in 1980. It was a good investment. Had we elected Ford in 76, we would not have had Reagan. I’m waiting for “Reagan.”
2) In 1992 we got Clinton, and that led to Newt in 1994. I’ll settle for another Newt in 2010 over a McCain in 08 any day of the week.
3) Go with me here, it’s a tough one… Recently I read an article that discussed how angry the gay community was with Clinton. They really HATE him. Why? Because he took their money, promised them the world, and then threw them under the bus with Dont Ask, Dont Tell, DOMA, and ENDA. Good for Clinton, I say, but Hillary will not get the gay vote in the primary because of it. My point is that the gay community bought the promise without seeing the evidence. The analogy works with McCain as well. He talks a good game on MY issues: immigration, judges, taxes, jihad, yadyaydayayada… but I see no evidence. He WILL throw me under the bus. I know it.

I’ll made my choice and you get to make yours. I’m not trying to convert anyone. I’m just not going to “play the game” anymore. I want a real candidate and until one shows up, I’ll sit on the couch.

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 8:36 PM

More spin and pig manure from the McCain haters. Let’s see: all these points can be refuted.

McCain was right to say that the deficit should be reduced before tax cuts. Instead the deficit has ballooned to critical levels, and will worsen the present crisis. McCain has never campaigned for raising taxes.

Wrong. Who do you think you are kidding? This was nothing compared to last year’s communications bill. CAIR has sponsored far greater assaults on free speech than this. McCain-Feingold was supported by President Bush, and was a sensible attempt to reduce political corruption.

3. McCain backs all kinds of anti-gun legislation.

Wrong. McCain voted against the two most major anti-gun control measures of recent times: the 1994 ban on assault weapons, and the Brady Bill.

4. McCain attempted to give terrorists at Gitmo various “rights.”

McCain does not want to see torture practised by the United States. For a man who was almost beaten to death by the Vietcong, his views sure make sense.

McCain wants to end our dependence on foreign oil. Damn good thing. Climate change is happening. If you want to stick your head in the sand, and ignore the scientific world from the US to China, you are free to do so. However, taking into account the scientific consensus is what any sensible GOP candidate should do.

6. McCain insulted various Christian leaders during the 2000 campaign.

Only bigoted fundamentalist frauds like Copeland, Falwell, Hinn and Oral Roberts. These people don’t deserve the name of Christian for the con job they do, sucking millions from the gullible for their own private gain. It is the religious equivalent of pork barrel spending, which McCain also loathes.

Good. Given that the same treasonous bastards have attacked even McCain himself, who endured years of beatings and imprisonment, he saw where these frauds were coming from. Our military veterans deserve better. Shame on those who defile them.

Sinister – very many of us have fathers or grandfathers or great-grandfathers who were ‘poor, low-skilled, under-educated, non-English-speaking Third Worlders’. This nation was built on patriotic, hard-working, freedom loving immigrants.

McCain has changed his mind on amnesty, as has Romney. McCain is committed to securing the borders. But frankly what has President Bush done to ameliorate the situation – after 8 years we still have millions of low-skilled, under-educated, aliens living here. Deporting them all would be a nightmare, if not impossible.

Of all these McCain Hater points, only the last was a mistake, and one that has been rectified.

Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

When your children are being blown up in schools, buses and malls… when nuclear devices are leveling major U.S. cities…when Europe is being conquered by Islamic extremist governments…I guess all of you McCain-haters will proudly remember how you, at least, remained true to your core conservative principles and let a liberal anti-war Democrat take control of our country in the middle of the war on terror. Good luck on that one!

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

NuclearPhysicist:
My point, I speak only for myself, is that the border issues and immigration problems will exist regardless. Bush has actually made things worse and I’ll not forgive him of that. McCain promises to fix it, but he’s not going to deliver. It’s not going to happen. Trust. If those horrible tragedies DO happen, then the Dems can explain it. I’d rather not have to. McCain is not going to save us. Trust that one as well.

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Oh you silly stupid fools. McCain hasn’t altered his stance on foreign invasions of America one iota he still denies that amnesty for criminal aliens is amnesty. Around here we lose more US citizens to MS13 and drunk driving illegals than Islamofascists day in and day out year after year. We have areas of our city that resembles Baghdad due to Hispanic gang warfare and you actually think you have the huevos to claim that McCain, Bush and the rest of the corporationist slave labor supporters are here to save America. Around here, they are the problem. Amnesty, any amnesty, each amnesty only means more illegals and more illegals then more amnesty and lower wages for the Americans who actually work, and more taxes and bigger government and more violence. Please go back to the Democratic Party with the rest of the nannystate slave labor supporters.

Buzzy on January 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Well, just announced, the Guvenator will endorse McCain tomorrow – 1/31/08.

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

You forgot something.

If Juan Plantation Strawberries “Not to tightly wrapped” McVano does not become el Presidente del Norte American, who will stop Global warming? Who will stop bird flu? Who will prevent an invasion from outer space?

Really you are being very silly with your apocalyptic chicken little screed. And just maybe if we had a Prez who didn’t want us to be merged with Mexico all those demons would have a lot harder time getting into America.

You should have a bumber sticker on your car like:

Vote for John McCain or the world will end!
If that is not a good enough reason for you, then screw you!

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 9:03 PM

All of this anti-McCain hysteria from the conservative punditry is reminding me of how the health teachers taught us about drugs in HS, which was basically to try and make us believe that smoking pot and shooting heroin were one and the same (or,at the very least very similar), and that any and all experimentation with drugs would ultimately lead one to addiction and death.

I’m sorry, but when I hear someone of MM’s stature imply that McCain and Hillary would be comparable as POTUS, I have to discount that person’s opinion. There is just no way that I’m ever going to believe that, so I’ll seek my information from a less hyperbolic source.

Priscilla on January 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

You are about 5 beers and 11.9 oz short of a six pack.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

When my children get blown up?? Nuclear devices??? All because I’m not voting for McCain? Nice politics of fear….

If these fearful things do happen, I’m going to exercise my rights starting with the first two amendments….. first I yell, then I shoot. Hyperbole and scare tactics don’t help your cause.

If some of us are committed to key principles that are unchanging, why are trying to beat it out of us? I have the right to vote as I choose. I choose to vote for the person who I believe holds similar core views. That person is not Juan.

Don’t be afraid. I’m not.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Cold Steel: *LOL* Don’t know you… Probably don’t care to, but I LOVE your mind. Know that, and be at peace. Godspeed.

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Can the hyperbole, NP.

Such verbal fireworks won’t sway those who stick to their political principles versus political expediency.

All you’re concerned with is the short-term horizon, and winning the “game.”

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Good. Given that the same treasonous bastards have attacked even McCain himself

Pax americana Mexicana on January 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I have nether the time nor the inclination to respond to some veteran hating sick in the head McCain koolaid drinker who calls the swift boat veterans what you have.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Back at you… if you’re true to yourself and you trust your relationship with God… these things will be for your experience. Godspeed indeed.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Here’s an exit poll question for the McVainites…

Why does everyone assume that the military votes as one cohesive bloc? Even ex-military? Why is voting “write-in” an insult to those who have died valiantly for our country?

I served and I would hammer McCain for what he’s done to Rumsfield. I would also hammer him for taking credit for the surge. President Bush is the CINC. The fact that he hasn’t verbally slapped down McCain is a testament to his class. However, nothing is beneath Juan McBonaparte.

Cold Steel on January 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM

All of this anti-McCain hysteria

Priscilla on January 30, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Sure seems like it is the Juan Plantation Strawberries McShamnasty dhimmies who are getting all hysterical.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Cold Steel:

I’m not using scare tactics. I am simply giving a real-world assessment of what may happen if we surrender in the war on terror under the Democrats. McCain won’t surrender to the terrorists. Not having adequate security on our southern border does not equate to losing the war on terror. It may cause us problems, but these problems can be fixed without catastrophic consequences. Losing the war on terror to Islamic extremists will be catastrophic and costly in terms of lives and money. I personally support Romney and hope that he can pull a rabbit out of his hat and win. But, if this scenario does not play out, I am resolved to vote for McCain in November so that the war on terror can be won. I want to be able to face my children and grandchildren and say that I did all that I could to avert such a catastrophe. Conservative McCain haters who allow this scenario to play out by letting the Democrats win will have no excuses, if they are complicit in letting it happen. Like I have said in other posts, this is a war that we cannot afford to lose. You can chose to vote for whomever you want. You just need to know that there are consequences attached to such choices.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

MB4: Agreed and good point. The rage seems to be coming from the Vote-McCain crowd. The rest of us have made our choice and are at peace with it. I got rid of my rage last night after Florida sold the party of Reagan down the river… and I’ve got a hole in the wall of my den to prove it. I woke up this morning, made my choices, and now I’m ready to move on. They can fight it out. I’ll be back in 2012 though, with lots of new ammo. Maybe the others are just “protesting a bit much.” Huh?

Gartrip on January 30, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Gartrip:

So, if the catastrophe does happen, just blame it on the Democrats. That is sure to make the pain more tolerable even though people of your persuasion did have the opportunity to prevent it by voting in November for a man who would not surrender to the terrorists. I’m sure that will work for you. I’m sure that the victims of the catastrophe and their families will see your point and cheer your heroic adherence to conservative principles. Like I said before, good luck with that.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 9:57 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

I think that you are just being an apocalyptic chicken little. I guess we will find out if the world will end if Juan does not become el Presidente del Norta America.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 9:59 PM

It sounds like, to me, voting for McCain is as good as voting for a Dhimmicrat.
Christ, whatever the hell was so bad about Romney??? Now look what we’ve got. If McCain is nominated, the MSM will rip him to shreds on these facts that Michelle brought up. Of course, he may get elected POTUS because all the DHIMMICRATS will vote for him!!!!

4shoes on January 30, 2008 at 10:04 PM

eanax:

The war on terror is not a game. It is a real war that threatens the balance of power and the survival of freedom in this world. We need to win it. It is you who are short-sighted and not looking at the big picture. I care about my conservative values, but I care more about the survival of the constitutional government that protects the freedoms that I enjoy. Conservative values will have no voice in a world that is dominated by radical Islamic Shariah law.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM

So, if the catastrophe does happen, just blame it on the Democrats.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 9:57 PM

This is a moot point. Whoever is in office will be blamed by the loyal opposition for failing to protect the public.

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM

I will not vote for McNumbnuts. I’ll write in another livecandidate if necessary. having earned my vote I will exercise it in some fashion.

Maybe a write in campaign is the answer.

Voting for someone diametrically opposed to my core beliefs is not an option whether they claim to be a “republican” or a “socialist”. Or if they are a socialist who claims to be a republican.

dogsoldier on January 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Gartrip,

I respect the anger, and your opinion. I just gotta hold my nose and vote for the guy (if he’s the nomineee). Yes, in ’76 we got Carter, and four years later we got Reagan. That may happen, it may not. Just think about what happened in the four years leading up to Reagan (misery index, gas lines, Iran, etc.), think about such things happening now, and then think about the possibility that we may not have another Reagan ready in 2012.

Yes, we give a guy like Goldwater tons of credit for helping bring about a conservative renaissance. But after he got crushed in ’64, we got more LBJ and a Great Society that turned us further towards socialism and started ruining inner city families.

Again, I respect the anger. You’re a principled guy. I got a lot of frustration too. But come November, that Republican lever’s gotta fall in the booth, or our europeanization is going to happen quicker than we thought.

Pope Linus on January 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Wow. Thanks for the update.

And capitulating to the Open-Borders crowd will not make our country any safer either, which is what McCain did.

Gee, what way do you think would be easiest for these terrorists to get “catastrophic” devices into our country? Probably over our borders – South or North or through one of our ports. And how would these people gain entry into our country to possibly cause chaos – through our porous borders or through one of our ports.

You need to think through your position a little more thoroughly.

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Fine, vote to screw the military during a time of war. I suppose that makes her a real conservative hero.

Did she vote for GW Bush, after he ran in 2000 as the candidate who said frequently that Mexico was our best friend?

funky chicken on January 30, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Things sure look bleak for the next 5 years. There is no one who is a leader to bring this country back to honor. George Boosh has destroyed the conservative movement and it will take time to rebuild. I was a huge supporter of Boosh until 2006 when he was castrated. I would like to see him put through impeachment just to make him feel the pain he has caused the conservatives.

Wade on January 30, 2008 at 10:19 PM

And ya know, if she cared so much, why the constant snarking at Fred and Giuliani?

funky chicken on January 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM

MB4:

You obviously don’t take the war on terror very seriously, if you think my scenario comes from being an “apocalyptic chicken little.” I am not an alarmist, but I am a realist; letting the terrorist win cannot be a good thing for the future of freedom and democracy. You can chose to disagree with me. What you cannot do is avoid some of the blame, if I am right and your choices lead to a major catastrophe.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Michelle Malkin and all of you posters who say that you won’t vote for John McCain over Hillary Clinton are damn fools showing an absurd amount of political immaturity and stupidity. Hillary Clinton is an anti-military socialist who will increase government spending, promote pro-abortion policies, seek outright amnesty in immigration, withdraw and accept defeat in Iraq, pursue appeasement policies in foreign affairs and nominate left wing judges to the federal bench. John McCain is a pro-life fiscal conservative who has served his country as a naval combat avaiator and P.O.W., who has been and is a fiscal hawk on cutting government spending, who has been right about supporting the Iraq War even when it was politically unpopular, who accepts the juidgment of the majority of Americans that law enforcement must come first in immigration, who is by far the best candidate to be the next Commander in Chief and who pledged to the Federalist Society in January 2007 and thereafter to nominate strict constructionist judges to the federal bench.

Phil Byler on January 30, 2008 at 10:23 PM

I was so pleased over Edwards dropping out that I spent the first part of the day reading DKos and wallowing in the self-righteous anger of the Edwards legion. A fair number are jumping to Obama, but quite a few others are basically saying “Screw you guys – I’m going home!”. Ahhh, the deep belly laughs that brought me.

Then I came over here to my favorite blog, and see “Screw you – home!” where only the names have changed. I’m more than a little shocked, and y’all killed my good buzz. No matter what else I think about McCain, he won’t cut and run, and he won’t appease the Sharia-seekers. That is a huge difference from the Democrats, and like it or not, it should be enough if that’s the choice we face.

DreadWolf on January 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Phil Byler on January 30, 2008 at 10:23 PM

John McCain’s record speaks for itself despite your advertisement, Phil.

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I don’t like any of the candidates.

And whatever happens I’m buying guns and / or ammo with my $600 rebate.

BowHuntingTexas on January 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM

eanax:

Who said anything about capitulating to the open-borders crowd? It certainly wasn’t me. Electing McCain does not mean that I and others like me won’t continue to fight this crowd through lobbying Congress and rallying the support of the majority of Americans that oppose open borders. It simply means that we will fight them on a different playing field. Since the House is likely to remain evenly split, I think that this is a playing field that we can continue to win on.

I have thought through my position. It’s part of my job. The only way to prevent nuclear devices from showing up here is to make sure that radical Islamics do not control any governments that are capable of making them. No amount of border control will stop them, if they get access to viable nuclear devices. So, winning the war on terror is the only realistic way to prevent them from showing up here.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Phil,

No one is questioning John McCain’s military record or his support for the WOT. He served his country honorably.

The problem arises with the rest of his record.

The problem I have with McCain is:

McCain ’08==Dole ’96

belad on January 30, 2008 at 10:45 PM

3. McCain backs all kinds of anti-gun legislation.

4. McCain attempted to give terrorists at Gitmo various “rights.”

6. McCain insulted various Christian leaders during the 2000 campaign.

Pax americana on January 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

wow.

that’s mind blowing,

#1, I disagree with you, but that’s a merely a matter of economic philosophy.

#2. Now I don’t merely disagree, but you are simply wrong if you don’t think that McCain-Feingold, wasn’t one of the greatest assaults on free speech in at least three decades.

#3. Hmmm, He voted against the two overt gun control laws, but has voted for nearly every covert gun control law since. So, he makes a show of being pro gun, but he doesn’t REALLY mean it.

yes, that’s John McCain in a nutshell when it comes to most conservative issues. He’ll say he believes one thing, but then he’ll show his true beliefs by sabotaging and undercutting everything possible.

#4 meh, that’s a philosophical difference. I disagree with him. nothing wrong with his belief, but I disagree with his philosophy.

#5. If McCain wants to alter global climatology, he should spend more on NASA and less on Carbon offset credits or inhibiting industry, because the SUN, and volcanic eruption are the two primary factors in global temperature change.

#6. wow, I’m not really religious. (I’m of the libertarian wing rather than the evangelical) but that was just plain rude.

#7. That shot at the Swift boat vets just makes me angry. and it shows how little you know.

Col. George Everett “Bud” Day was a member of swift boat veterans for truth. He holds distinction as one of the most decorated soldiers ever in US History. He also is one of the only soldiers to sucessfully escape the Vietcong.

He shared a cell with John McCain in vietnam, and personally nursed McCain back to life.

Why don’t you go ahead and Google his name.

Treason you say? Either you are ignorant of facts, or you don’t even understand the meaning of the word.

Finally, as for the Immigration thing the diffrence there is that while I’m “iffy” on Romney, I know for certain that John McCain is lying through his teeth when he says stuff like how he’d build the damn fence.

Yeah, sure. This from the man that co-sponsored the bill to basically naturalize all comers… right. Sorry, his lips say one thing, but his credibility in that regard is shot. Now all Politicians lie, but when McCain lies, it usually seems to be lies that are against my political views.

Jones Zemkophill on January 30, 2008 at 10:50 PM

John McCain is a pro-life fiscal conservative who has served his country as a naval combat avaiator (sp) and P.O.W., who has been and is a fiscal hawk on cutting government spending, who has been right about supporting the Iraq War even when it was politically unpopular, who accepts the juidgment (sp)of the majority of Americans that law enforcement must come first in immigration, who is by far the best candidate to be the next Commander in Chief and who pledged to the Federalist Society in January 2007 and thereafter to nominate strict constructionist judges to the federal bench.

Phil Byler on January 30, 2008 at 10:23 PM

My name is John McSwain and I approve of this message.

Wade on January 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM

If you’re supporting McCain, then you are by default supporting his position regarding our borders. The fact that he didn’t see our borders as an important area to cover, even in the WoT, says something about who gives money to his campaign and his overall thinking about the subject.

For him, obviously, ensuring our sovereignty and border security isn’t a top priority.

NuclearPhysicist on January 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Well, you’re only half correct. There is a black-market out there, and it is a well-known fact that nuclear devices from the old Soviet Union aren’t exactly all accounted for.

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Juan McCain’s key Phrases:
Reagan foot soldier
Pork barrel spending
I was there with Jack Kemp, yada, yada.
Reagan Revolution.
It’s not amnesty.
It won’t come to a vote.
I just don’t get it and I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. I know this is like pissing in Lake Michigan but I have three things as an American who gives a shit.
I have my Vote and I use it.
I have my voice and I annoy people with it.
I have my wallet and I pay attention to who I DON’T give money to. I’m talking to you Miller!!!

Geronimo on January 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Sorry, McCainites,
You’re not convincing any true conservatives that this RINO fraud is worth trashing our principles for. Sell that “war hero” crap to the Dems. That is going on 40 years ago, and this is now.

At least the Dems seem to treat their base, crazy as they all seem to be, with a modicum of respect. It’s stupid and suicidal for any political party to do otherwise.

The Republicans, on the other hand, just seem to ignore theirs (or just tell us to “shut up”), although their base is mostly comprised of reasonable and rational people. Conservatives, that is.

You bought this pig, now you can slaughter it.
(not that I eat pork or anything..)

TexasJew on January 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

All of the juvenile name-calling and dramatic ultimatums on the part of the Hate-McCain crowd are getting really tiresome. You won’t vote for him – we get it.

I have stated, and I know that at least 2-3 other commenters have also stated, that we are NOT McCain supporters, but that we will absolutely vote McCain over Hillary or Obama, in a time of war, period.

It’s an absolutely reasonable position, so get over it already. Some of you sound like you’re 10 years old with
the stupid names and the insults.

Priscilla on January 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM

the stupid names and the insults.

Priscilla on January 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Then stop reading and posting. You’ve obviously made up your mind. Just go and “kick it” until election day in November.

Ciao…

eanax on January 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM

the stupid names and the insults.

Priscilla on January 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Yep, what she said. And it’s not just McCain, it’s anyone that’s not their Main Man.

R D on January 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

How come when the Fredheads got depressed and said they were going to stay home, they were mocked mercilessly and told to get over it; but now that pretty much everyone else is doing the same thing, it’s “being principled”? Just curious.

aero on January 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Cool.

Party over country.

That’s the way to go!

EduardoOTI on January 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM

If it comes down to voting for either ole ‘Cain or the Hillary beast, I’m not sitting home I’m writing in Rush Limbaugh, pure and simple.

Mcguyver on January 31, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Opinionnation on January 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Your Honor, the Defense (United States of America v. John “I served as a prisoner of war” McCain) submits into evidence Exhibit A.

RushBaby on January 31, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Mcguyver on January 31, 2008 at 12:01 AM-

Yup….I’ll write in Thompson.

TCJ on January 31, 2008 at 12:14 AM