Michelle tells Glenn Beck: I won’t vote for McCain over Hillary

posted at 4:25 pm on January 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

“Not at this moment,” she says, leaving herself a teensy bit of wiggle room. Civil war within the Hot Air family? I fear the worst, my friends.

Take your pick: 16 minutes of audio or the quickie transcript. The meatiest stuff is in the last few minutes of the second clip, but if you missed the uproar over Juan Hernandez and Jerry Perenchio, settle in and listen to it all. They’re a particularly egregious stain on an already egregious immigration record. Like she says, America needs to know.

CPAC is going to be awesome this year.

Update: “McCain Derangement Syndrome”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

16 minutes between this post and a substatial comment. Ready. Set. Go!

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 4:27 PM

One trick pony.

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:29 PM

I’m pretty much with her on this one. I just can’t see how 4 years of McCain, followed by a second McCain campaign in ’12, is going to advance conservative principles in any way.

billy on January 30, 2008 at 4:30 PM

billy on January 30, 2008 at 4:30 PM

It won’t. If anything, it’ll destroy the GOP and the conservative movement. It’s time to send these RINO’s packing.

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:32 PM

16 minutes between this post and a substatial comment. Ready. Set. Go!

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 4:27 PM

How’s this for one?

I’m substantially depressed about November.

Hawkins1701 on January 30, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I’m totally with Michelle on this one, and she was absolutely right to sound the warning.

Bob Dole was never openly hostile to conservatives, and yet he couldn’t rally them in sufficient numbers even against the despised Bill Clinton. If he couldn’t do it then, than there is no way McCain, who has been openly hostile to conservatives for years, will be able to rally the base against Hillary, and he’ll get absolutely crushed by Obama.

I don’t care what the national polls say, he’s toast in the general.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 4:34 PM

CPAC is going to be awesome this year.

AP, you’d make for a very malevolent overlord.

lorien1973 on January 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

All good points that those who have been following the stories on the web know. I do think this would bury McCain if it were known. The thing is how does this become national everyday knowledge?

INC on January 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Not voting for McCain is a vote for Hillary. So you got to make a decision.

SoulGlo on January 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Michelle loves to talk about questioning people’s patriotism. Maybe it’s time to start questioning hers, especially if she’s willing to vote for someone who will pull the troops out of Iraq before they finish their job and someone who will obviously be weak militarily. There are other, and dare I say, more important issues than immigration at stake.

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Well look at it this way, there will be a never ending stream of blog fodder for 4 or (god forbid) 8 years.

John_Locke on January 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Good for her.

Update: “McCain Derangement Syndrome”?

This is an interesting comparison, because BDS has been ascribed to those on the Left who don’t like the other party’s guy.

Weight of Glory on January 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Principles are important.

Like Michelle, I will not vote to endorse any unsuitable candidate – ‘a no-vote is a vote for Clinton’ be damned for the drivel it is.

I will simply walk away. Those of you that select the next pathetic president can shoulder your responsibility alone.

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Michelle speaks the truth as always PS Michelle watch your back!!

thmcbb on January 30, 2008 at 4:38 PM

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Then you lose the right to bitch and complain for four years.

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I am not really sure the difference betwwen the two, I will not ever vote for Mcain. There has to be a message sent to the GOP. If we loose with a real conservative so be it. if we loose with captain AMNESTY that would be worse.

koypop on January 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Michelle should have been a little more vocal when we had more candidates to choose from, not endorsing anyone then pouting over McCain comes off a little crybaby-ish. We commenters at least found a candidate to get behind and a rationale for doing so.

Theworldisnotenough on January 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Not voting for McCain is a vote for Hillary. So you got to make a decision.
SoulGlo on January 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

A McCain victory – the conservative coalition doesn’t begin rebuilding until 2012, or 2016, or maybe never.
A Hillary victory- the coalition begins rebuilding this November.
You’re right.
You got to make a decision.

billy on January 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

You extinguish a fire on your stovetop even though it won’t make your siding look new. That’s what adults do; they evaluate their alternatives and make decisions, even if none of the available decisions are optimal.

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Not voting for McCain is a vote for Hillary. So you got to make a decision.

SoulGlo

Who cares? McCainez is Hillary. Both are illegal pandering, open boder zealots who care more about La Raza than they do “We the People”.

There no difference between McCainez, Clintonez, or Obamaita

darwin on January 30, 2008 at 4:42 PM

billy sez: “A Hillary victory- the coalition begins rebuilding this November.”

That’s what people like you said in 2006.

How’s that rebuilding going?

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I read somewhere out there, and I think I agree, the GWOT will do MUCH better under the fighter McCain than any surrendercrat.

That being said, McCain SUCKS on the border/immigration issue, McCain/Feingold and cutting taxes.

gmoonster on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I just can’t see how 4 years of McCain, followed by a second McCain campaign in ‘12, is going to advance conservative principles in any way.

The only way I can see is if the pressure from conservatives is kept up enough. Or the second option is to apply the same force to a President Hillary. Which do you think will be more effective, I`m not sure myself at this point.

ThePrez on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Even more valuable to McCain than Giuliani’s endorsement.

CK MacLeod on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

LIMEY GEEK:

Will your shoes carry you out the reach of a Supreme Court with two Clinton or Obama nominees?

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Not voting for McCain is a vote for Hillary. So you got to make a decision.

SoulGlo on January 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Not voting for Juan McVano is a vote against abused wife American syndrome. So you got to not be an enabler.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Drivel, indeed. No more RINO’s. Enough is enough.

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Plain and simple, this sucks.

awake on January 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

OK – that’s not really true – Michelle Malkin’s not big enough for her opposition to matter very much, but the continued roiling amidst the self-proclaimed base is not very harmful to McCain’s long-term chances.

CK MacLeod on January 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM

You do realize that we have just under a year left before the next POTUS starts right? And that IF things go well during that year we will be mostly removed from Iraq to the point that the new POTUS will have little problem taking over the battle there.

I honestly believe that Hillary will not pull out troops there as she will want to claim it was her getting elected that allowed the USA to win. She will take over an almost finished theater of battle and claim victory.

McCain will do the same, and hand away the country to Mexico and the UN while he is at it. If we are going to lose our borders and go bankrupt with stupid UN treaties I would much rather have a Democrat Liberal signing it away than a Republican Liberal.

If things do not go well in Iraq, McCain / Hillary / Obama will all remove the troops. McCain has said as much in the past. If you think he will want to fight on for 4 more years as POTUS you are ignoring his past statements.

There are real reasons that people like MM, and others like myself, will not vote for McCain.

Voidseeker on January 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Somewhere today I read that evaluating McCain’s platform vs. Clinton’s platform there is like a 4% difference between the two.

If Republican McCain is closer in most respects to the political positions of Democrat Clinton than even the other Democratic candidates, what is the point of Republicans voting for a RINO like McCain?

Clinton represents a lame candidate that nobody expects to every really accomplish anything in office. McCain, on the other hand, is expected to wield some real influence and make some things happen.

So, why would Republicans vote for a RINO who is more likely to advance the politics of the Democratic party than the Democratic candidate is expecte to advance?

Lawrence on January 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Hannity has already sold out and jumping on the McCain bandwagon of more “modern” conservatism. Whatever that means. I for one WILL NOT SUBMIT!

lan astaslem on January 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM

hillary=troop pullout=failure

michelle

ernesto on January 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM

hillary=troop pullout=failure

michelle

ernesto on January 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM

What makes you so certain McAmnesty wouldn’t nominate the same ones Hillary or Obama would? Because he says he won’t?? He’s lied about other things but not this??

Shay on January 30, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Michelle is expressing my thinking (a lot better than I could express).

I will say this: if I am stuck with a liberal dufus for four or eight years, why not go with the luxury model liberal dufus: Hill. In fact, I would prefer Osama, the socialist backbencher, to Hill and “Open Borders” McCain. His incompetence would open the door for a new, strong conservative movement. And, we can all get over that idiotic premise that America is not ready for a black president.

My hope is a third party, conservative candidate will be able to get on the ballot. This way I can say I did not vote for any of these characters.

saved on January 30, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Hannity was B.S.ing guys. He was not serious.

Rick1 on January 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM

“Not at this moment,” she says, leaving herself a teensy bit of wiggle room.

My sentiments exactly. Although I loathe McCain’s illegal pandermania Billy Jeff Clinton gutted the heck out of our military, hung out with the ChiComs, and somehow let them get our MIRV technology.

A large part of our large deficit today is due to Bush having to re-arm the military. I don’t know if we can survive another gutting.

NTWR on January 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Apparently you missed McCain’s statement that he doesn’t like conservative judges. There’ll be NO DIFFERENCE between a Clinton appointee and a McCain appointee.

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:52 PM

followed by a second McCain campaign in ‘12

Surely he won’t run again even if he won in ’08? He’d be, what, 76? 80 when he leaves office?

I figure McCain is a one-term pony. Not that he can’t do plenty of damage in 4 years.

TX Mom on January 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Then you lose the right to bitch and complain for four years.

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

No. I reserve the right to criticise the stupidity of others’ decisions.

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM

The thing I like most about Michelle is that she stands for something. However, I know that if I don’t vote for McCain (in the general) it’s another vote for Hillary or Obama.

Ian on January 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM

How’s that rebuilding going?

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I didn’t advocate sitting out in 2006, I tried to get Reps elected in fact, and conservatives lost a lot that year.
but…
our candidates in ’06 were people like Santorum, Steele, Allen,Blackwell, and Swann.
These were conservatives we could support, not “mavericks.”
Should we now support those RINO’s (and their CinC) who made ’06 such a difficult year for Republicans?

billy on January 30, 2008 at 4:54 PM

We’ve got an intra-conservative split here that’s as serious as the liberal conservative split. There were two distinct antagonists and now there are three.

rplat on January 30, 2008 at 4:54 PM

The difference between McCain and Cankles is that he will at least be beholden to his base! We can make a lot of noise and make him listen – who is Shrillary beholden to? Moveon.org? The Daily Kossaks?! If you want to just hand your country over to Marxists, then I don’t want to hear a peep out of any of you when your taxes are raised ridiculously and everyone’s situation is in the crapper.
And do you think the MSM is going to report anything other than rainbows and sunshine and how wonderful and sexy the Clintons are? Look at all they got away with the last time! Oh, yeah, the MSM has done a great job of getting that Sandy Burglar story out there – and they’ve really “called her out” on George Hsu. I’m sorry you don’t get exactly what you want when you want it, but if you hand your country over to that corrupt piece o’ U know wot, you have no right to complain about her programs that will milk you dry.

foxforce91 on January 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

defacto vote for Hillary/Obama and giving the Dem. party ALOT of power since they hold the Congress and would have 2 SCOTUS picks as well coming up

jp on January 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM

I think you, among many, overestimate the significance of this.

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

That Juan Hernandez scumbag is, according to Glenn on last night’s show, being penciled in for his TV show tonight. Should be “interesting”.

I’m getting chest pains just thinking about it.

MrC_5150 on January 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM

A VOTE FOR MCCAIN IS A VOTE FOR THE DUMBOCRATS.

A VOTE FOR HILLARY IS A VOTE FOR THE DUMBOCRATS.

Prepare for four years of darkness, my friends.

madmonkphotog on January 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM

I don’t plan to vote for him either, but luckily he doesn’t need our votes so all those @#$% independents love him so much.

frankj on January 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Romney needs to go for broke tonight. Accuse McCain of lying about Romney’s record. Accuse him of being a Manchurian candidate. Accuse him of lying about the Amnesty. Tell him he is employing a Mexican agent Juan Hernandez. No smiles, just raw hatred. Can’t hurt. McNut may lose his cool or look goofy, and some of it may stick. Otherwise Romney is toast.

Igor R. on January 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Ian on January 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM

This old canard is really tiresome. Whatever happened to voting one’s principles? Does that not mean anything to anyone anymore? How much more proof do people need that McCain is a lying, sleazy, backstabbing, despicable, power-mad politician who cares more about what the media says than what’s good for the country?

There is no difference between McCain and Hillary/Obama. None.

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

TX Mom on January 30, 2008 at 4:53 PM
And what sort of Republican is going to rise up and get the nomination in ’12 after 4 years of McCain as head of the party?

billy on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Can I vote for anal warts instead?

natesnake on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

I guess we’ll see how everything ends up this Fall but as I said none of my people are voting foe McCain.if there’s going to be open borders and amnesty let the Dems do it.I respect everyone’s write to vote for McCain if they want but not us!

PTN 39 on January 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I know we haven’t hit Martes Gigante yet, and I have no problem with people keeping the faith that Romney might overtake McCain. However, once the primary season is over, you need to shake hands with the winner, no matter who it is, and start rooting for the home team.

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM

SnarkVader on January 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Juan Strawberries Surgo McVano is more concerned about Iraq than he is about America, some of us just happen to be more concerned about protecting America than we are about protecting Iraq.

As to not removing our troops in Iraq, “before they finish their job”, when asked if it would be OK to leave American Soldiers and Marines in Iraq for fifty years, he said “Make it a hundred!”.

Why does Juan McVano hate American Soldiers and Marines so much?

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

What base? The NYT? CNN? Liberals? Please! McCain only listens when his election is on the line. Other than that, he’s a lying, liberal backstabber!

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

That’s what people like you said in 2006.

How’s that rebuilding going?

SlimyBill on January 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM

I’m not in despair. Rebuilding begins in 2009. The current slump is not an unexpected. A party with a mediocre president like Bush faces an activated opposition and a base so demoralized that the party loses the two mid-year election by a large margin and for things not to look good for the presidential election. The 2006 election was not that different than the 1986 election was for Reagan. The reason the Dems did pretty well in 1998 was the disaster for the Dems in 1994.

For this year, we need to get out the word not to throw a temper-tantrum and stay home over McCain. The lower races on the ticket need our votes–more than ever!

thuja on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

How do you figure that? He’s the frontrunner for the nomination despite giving the finger to the base for the last 8 years? How is winning the nomination after all that going to make him beholden to the base? It will just make the base all the more irrelevant.

thirteen28 on January 30, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Civil war within the Hot Air family? I fear the worst, my friends.

We’re just a microcosm of the Republican party, aren’t we?

TX Mom on January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Jdawg, I don’t have any horse in this race, all the candidates I considered voting for based on principles have dropped out (Fred, Rudy). I’m not terribly excited at all. It’s either Mitt or McCain and the latter is the only one who can win.

It’s not a canard either, it’s the truth. You either vote for McCain or it’s a vote for Hillary or Obama, it’s that simple.

Ian on January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Michelle tells Glenn Beck: I won’t vote for McCain over Hillary

Hmmmm…I thought, it was only Liberals, who had hissy-fits.

franksalterego on January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Can I vote for anal warts instead?

natesnake on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Not sitting this one out?

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Romney claims to have changed and “seen the light” on many issues. I have no idea whether this is true, but I am amazed by all these conservatives who totally and almost slavishly believe this is the real Romney yet equally assuredly distrust McCain when he repeatedly says he would build a security fence.

I respect Roger Simon, but he’s willfully oblivious on this. Why trust Mitt’s changes over McCain? Because McCain hasn’t hasn’t changed, and he himself won’t admit to changing much.

McCain hasn’t admitted that he supported amnesty once, but doesn’t now. He continues to claim he never supported amnesty and doesn’t now. Except, he did and still does.

The second thing is, what evidence do we have to show he’s changed? He has men like Juan Hernandez and Mel Martinez with his campaign. He knows their history, their statements (ie. America isn’t a nation but a region) and their stances. He’s fine with them.

McCain hasn’t changed, and seems unable to provide any evidence that he has.

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Michelle deserves to vent, but in the end, doing what effectively put Billary in office again is way worse than McCain.

georgealbert on January 30, 2008 at 5:06 PM

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Gone with the Wind.

Just bend over again like a good little Gringo with ACS (Abused Conservative Syndrome) and support Jaun because he might not wreck America quite as fast as Hillary.

Besides it is his turn and he earned it by being a POW.

P.S. Be sure to donate much pesos to elect Juan so that we can all do what is right for Norte America.

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I guess the boss isn’t opposed to a write-in campaign. Now, who can we get for veep?

steveegg on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

What? Michelle No. C’mon girlfriend. Protest votes get little done.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Hmmmm…I thought, it was only Liberals, who had hissy-fits.

franksalterego on January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

No, they only like to libel, berate and call names to anyone who doesn’t follow lock step soley for the sake of the party win.

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Birds of a feather is 100% right!
They are like starlings an invasive pest that is driving the native birds out and the only cure to the problem is the eradication of the pest itself.

Mojack420 on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Not sitting this one out?

I’m exploring all options.

natesnake on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

MB4 on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

And you would prefer to leave the job of protecting America to a Clinton again?

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Oh dear, yet another candidate for remedial kindergarten mathematics.

1+0=1
1+1=2

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM

The lower races on the ticket need our votes–more than ever!

thuja on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I agree. I will not vote McCain but I will be voting the ticket for other Republicans running. I believe a strong conservative government begins on a local and state level.

kcd on January 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM

CPAC is going to be awesome this year.
liquidflorian on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Call in the national guard.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM

And you would prefer to leave the job of protecting America to a Clinton again?

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Yeah, because that went so well the first time. Ahem.

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM

georgealbert on January 30, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Yes, chopping off my arm is much worse than chopping off my hand. Better yet, I just won’t swing the axe for now.

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I believe a strong conservative government begins on a local and state level.

Well said! Think atomically!

LimeyGeek on January 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Michelle is right to unload on McCain and let him know that the party isnt happy with him.

If McCain likes straight Talk then he should be willing to listen to it as well.

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Theworldisnotenough on January 30, 2008 at 4:40PM

I’ll admit that I was a little disappointed that Michelle wouldn’t ‘endorse’ someone, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call her a crybaby.

Nonetheless, I’m pretty much in agreement with her on (not) voting for McCain. My basic distrust of him goes back before many of you were even born, and even before he retired from the Navy. It will be hard to overcome 33 years of prejudice, especially when he has done more to reinforce it rather than assuage it.

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I think Michelle is in good company.

On today’s Ingraham program, Laura eventually boiled over (having started at a slight simmer) in expressing her disdain for McCain — and her callers were even more emphatic.

It’s also Wednesday which means Ann Coulter’s weekly column will be up and out shortly… she skewered McCain last week for the charlatan he is. I hope she takes another swipe at him tonight.

Conservatives need to galvanize one way or another.

D2Boston on January 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

geckomon on January 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Yeh well, I’ve heard enough Liberal cry-babyin’, moanin’, bitchin’ and whinin’, over the last 7 years, to recognize a hissy-fit when I see one.

franksalterego on January 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Is it really over for Mitt? Most of the country has yet to vote, McCain needs to raise a whole lot of money, only 192 delegates have been decided and a six-figure anti-McCain advertising campaign is beginning on Fox.

amerpundit on January 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I’m really disappointed. I can understand the desire to double-down to avert a McCain candidacy, but this was misplaced, big time. I hope she reconsiders.

Vizzini on January 30, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Eh I just took it as Michelle telling McCain she will hold his feet to the fire. McCain cant win the White House without conservatives so he better make deals with us and keep them.

William Amos on January 30, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Here’s a clue from Arizona: no he won’t.

Shay on January 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Is it possible somehow to deprogram McCain?

The most comforting scenario I can think of is, once he’s elected, the love affair with the MSM ends, the press starts to hammer him, and he snaps out of it.

saint kansas on January 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Ian on January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

I disagree. That’s what we were all told when Bob Dole ran. If the GOP insists on saddling us with candidates that suck, then they can deal with the consequenses. I will not vote for McCain, ever. I’ll vote my conscience and vote for good GOP candidates for Congress, but I’ll never vote for McCain.

And yes, it is a tired, worn-out, old canard.

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Anyone not voting for whatever reason is a fool.
Yeah, give up, and lie down, face down, and get ready for the snake.
You hard core conservatives would rather LET a democrat be elected than give up your precious principals by voting for a republican that doesn’t fit like a glove ? You have no principals.
Once again, that’s face down, buns up kneeling.

Sasnak on January 30, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Sasnak on January 30, 2008 at 5:18 PM

I second that emotion

I’m goin’ down, swinging

franksalterego on January 30, 2008 at 5:22 PM

If my choice is McCain vs a Democrat, I vote McCain. National Security is a key issue for me. It isn’t because of luck that we haven’t had another domestic attack. CPAC is an opportunity to get the man’s attention on illegal immigration, but it doesn’t start and stop with him..for all our bitching on the subject, why do we keep electing the same people that are working side by side with McCain? Tax cuts?

He isn’t my choice but I’ll not sit home nor will I enable a liberal like Hillary or Barack..

Pam on January 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM

I’ll say it again, if it comes down to McCain v Hillary, I’m writing in Bacon.

Jeff_McAwesome on January 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM

‘When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn’t like it.

‘Compromise was a dirty word to them and they wouldn’t face the fact that we couldn’t get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don’t get it all, some said, don’t take anything.

‘I’d learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: ‘I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.’

‘If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that’s what I told these radical conservatives who never got used to it.’

—Ronald Reagan

jp on January 30, 2008 at 5:25 PM

foxforce91 on January 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Why would think that? At no time in his history in the Senate has he been “beholden to his base”. Oh, occasionally he would throw them a bone and say something they wanted to hear……

Oh Wait….. You said HIS base… Yeah, he will be beholden to his base: Illegal aliens, centrist democrats and assorted independents who worship his POW status more than they agree with his politics.

LegendHasIt on January 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM

I never considered the opposition to requiring English to television ratings. That’s why I come to this site and Michelle’s, I learn so much. That being said, McCain is no different than Billary or Obama. It will be tough to give him my vote. I’ll hope Mitt can make a comeback.

Les in NC on January 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I don’t blame anyone who chooses to sit out the GE if McNutty is the nominee but keep in mind there are very important House and Senate seats up for grabs. Please show up to vote on those.

Buttercup on January 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM

The lower races on the ticket need our votes–more than ever!

thuja on January 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Absolutely true. Even if I decide that I can’t pull the lever for McCain, I will still vote in the the other races in my area. We need conservatives in all levels, now more than ever.

TX Mom on January 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM