Quote of the day

posted at 10:55 pm on January 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Good Morning, everyone.

Bitter Dregs indeed, for us dinosaurs known as “conservatives”.

Yeah, I heard that Freudian slip from Senator Mel Amnesty and I knew some sharp-eared Hot Airhead would pick it up. So revealing, eh???

But you know what, Mitts best chance to derail Senator Straight Talk was last night in Florida. Next week on Super Tuesday McCain will pick up scads of delegates in the Northeast and inCalif, and the Huckster will try to deny Mitt any delegates down south in conservative-Evangelical country.

The real question this morning comes down to:

WHAT WILL RUSH SAY?

Always Right on January 30, 2008 at 7:31 AM

It’s an imperfect world people, and McCain is your best bet to avoid having a Marxist for a president.

rplat on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 AM

Ok. Today I sign up on Mitt’s site and donate. If it is McCain v. Hillary in November I pull the GOP lever except for POTUS. That I leave untouched. 4 years of Marxism, then back to conservatism.

Onager on January 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM

McCain may have some less than desirable political behaviors, but Marxism is the antithesis of a free and Democratic society . . . and that’s nowhere near McCain.

rplat on January 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM

McCain may have some less than desirable political behaviors

rplat on January 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Less?

Onager on January 30, 2008 at 8:09 AM

rplat on January 30, 2008 at 7:47 AM
I do not agree that McNothing is better than nothing, “ought from ought is ought” so they say.
I believe that if you take the conservative out of the candidate, you have a liberal. Now if a liberal is going to be in charge regardless which party wins, we might just as well not have a republican party.
Juan McAmnisty, will not nominate conservative judges, he will nominate compromises. His entire political life is based on capitulation to the liberal loonies. And he has already proven that he will go out of his way to destroy the fabric of conservatism.
I have gone from staying home in November if McNothing gets nominated, to voting for Shillery in order to help defeat McNothing. Just my way of telling the RINOs in charge that they may remain in control, but it’s control over a party that they have destroyed.
Ought from ought is ought, they get nothing from me.

leanright on January 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM

As far as the RINO’s telling me it’s their way or the highway, screw em, where the hell is the nearest on ramp?
Starlink on January 30, 2008 at 7:59 AM
Beautifully worded and 100% correct!
Onager on January 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM
I contributed to Fred and now will send money to our only remaining conservative Mitt Romney. I am not convinced money is a issue, but every time I send Mitt $100 dollars it’s like casting another vote for conservatism. It just makes me feel good all over.

leanright on January 30, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Remember what Lenin said about useful idiots, rplat? Well, McCain has a record of being the most useful of idiots. Don’t let yourself be fooled.

srhoades on January 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Onager on January 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM

I went over to Mitt’s site and started a discussion forum called Texans for Mitt and already have 85+ members and the forum headings aren’t even done yet.

It’s not over until it’s over as they say. I’m still confident that Mitt can take the nomination.

TexasBella on January 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM

He said he wants a democrepublican. Thats what he’ll get.

pappy on January 30, 2008 at 9:25 AM

TexasBella on January 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM

My brother is a school teacher in the Dallas area (suburb) and is even more conservative than I am and is adamantly anti-illegal immigration. I’ll get him to sign on to the forum.

Onager on January 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

My wife and I decided that if McCain gets the nomination, we’re writing in “Tigger”

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM

TexasBella on January 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Ditto TexasBella. FL is not the whole USA. They all act like MCain won FL in a landslide. I say he barely squeaked by. Mitt will pick up momentum on super tues.

kcd on January 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Onager on January 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Optimistic.

Reaps on January 30, 2008 at 9:46 AM

The RINOs will not receive any support from me. If they choose to destroy this party, the bast–ds are on their own. And for the first time in my life I will pull the lever for a demoncrap for POTUS.
It’s just my way of crapping on the RINOs twice, once for not voting for them, and once more by giving them another vote they must overcome. Pi$$ on em!

leanright on January 30, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Uh.. the KOSkids called and said that they missed you and jummy at the sandbox.

SteveinTX on January 30, 2008 at 3:43 AM

heh.

jummy on January 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM

leanright on January 30, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Then I guess it’ll be funny to see you cut your own nose right off your face, particularly if you do it in such an angry and self-righteous manner.

docob on January 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM

jdawg on January 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Don’t write in ‘Tigger’–write in Ben Stein. That would send a better message.

PeterPotamus on January 30, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Don’t write in ‘Tigger’–write in Ben Stein. That would send a better message.

PeterPotamus on January 30, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Thanks Peter! I’ll actually do that (and vote straight Rep for the rest of the ticket) if McCain wins the nomination and chooses Huck for VP.

docob on January 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM

docob on January 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM
And you would have me loose the farm to save the crop?
No thanks, the new owners, (RINOs), can seed their own fields of misconception.
Not so angry as I am just fed up with the BS.

leanright on January 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Gosh, thanks everyone for wishing my CinC to be Hillary Clinton – that’ll show those #$%& RINOs, eh? So, when I finish this deployment, I guess I’ll have to reach for the retirement papers, hmmm?

major john on January 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Its not going to make any difference who you vote for other than Romney.
Many millions illegal aliens will be legalized swiftly and secretly and the next 30 million will destroy any chance for independence.

Speakup on January 30, 2008 at 4:05 PM