Video: Olby names Mary Katharine Ham “worst person in the world”

posted at 10:33 pm on January 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

What deadly sin could she have committed to earn such a distinction? Quote:

HAM: Well, I think Clinton has a duality. You know, he’s the charming guy, he’s the nice guy, but he’s also a guy who’s prone to eruptions and some falsehoods.

You know, he’s like The Incredible Hulk, except he turns sort of purple and blotchy instead of green. But, you know, I think he’s sort of a victim of the — or not a victim, but he’s getting used to the 24-hour news cycle. When he was president, he was not subjected to quite as much scrutiny, and I think he got a lot of passes, and now he’s mad he’s not getting them anymore.

Mind you, she’s referring to a man whom certain members of the press literally offered to fellate. But never mind that. Her misdeed is to deny the Olby Creation Myth, duly repeated in nearly every interview he gives and alluded to here, in which having to do 200+ shows on Monicagate during his first stint at MSNBC drove him to such Beale-esque despair that he emerged from the ashes as a second Murrow, spouting moronic derivative catchphrases (“good night and good luck”) and burdening his viewers periodically with tedious, vaudevillean performance art pieces in which he emotes about the ruining of America for his slackjawed left-wing audience. Nowhere did MK suggest that Clinton had gotten a pass about Monica, only that he’d gotten passes otherwise, but Olby’s never been overly concerned with close scrutiny of his targets’ pronouncements so why should this be any different?

Consider this, then, lie number 21. And memo to Mary Katharine, whose youth is so snidely derogated by this sniveling jackass: If you want to see what giving the Clintons a pass really looks like, watch this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Real reason: MKH turned him down.

Spirit of 1776 on January 28, 2008 at 10:37 PM

I know for a FACT

fossten on January 29, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Real reason: MKH turned him down.

Spirit of 1776 on January 28, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Let’s try this again.

I know for a FACT that this did not happen. Reason: KO is such a coward with the fairer sex that he throws up at the thought of talking to a pretty woman.

fossten on January 29, 2008 at 12:22 AM

You guys sure do take each other seriously.

B26354 on January 29, 2008 at 12:33 AM

I guess she doesn’t like Merlot.

NickJ on January 29, 2008 at 12:36 AM

A little off subject,But I listened to that and for some reason thought of the Wizard Of Oz. I could see Hillary as Dorthhy, Bill as the Cowardly Lion, Chris Matthews as the Tin Man and Olberdouche as the Scarecrow, no brain. Happily singing as they skip down the yellow brick road’Were off to start Socialism we don’t care what America thinks”

jpsc1 on January 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM

Congratulations to Mary Katharine Ham.

DANEgerus on January 29, 2008 at 12:44 AM

I’ve never been a violent person, but I am quite certain I could make an exception for that smug @#$%.

deedtrader on January 29, 2008 at 12:47 AM

jpsc1 on January 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM

In that case, they’d be on their way to the [Communist] Red City, where all are equal, but some are more equal than others.

ReubenJCogburn on January 29, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Yes, congratulations MKH, you have arrived. This truly is a badge of honor.

lan astaslem on January 29, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Man alive. This guy’s a for-real maroon, ripped from the pages of the lefty talking points- but”on the cutting edge” of those points, to be sure.

I wonder why, perhaps in between his ubiquitous “A PASS” “bloviations” He couldn’t bring up the simple fact that Clinton would rather use our military against Americans than our real enemies.

The fact that the press did not put him in stone right there is tangible evidence of, yes indeedy; THE PASS.

There were some things Clinton did that I didn’t mind so much. Some things, though not the vast majority, I felt to be entirely loathsome, and were the direct reason for me to cross the aisle myself.

It was that very “pass” that got me to do so, and to begin peeling the layers from the onion myself rather than just allow the message to get to me via mainstream press.

Yes, Bill Clinton got a pass. And Keith, I mean that last bit of drewling before the man in that clip I’m sure you rather would just disappear… I mean how do you sleep at night with such a shameless and obvious lip-job delivered to this hero of your’s, abroad and live as day for the chuckling millions? For real.

ChipDWood on January 29, 2008 at 1:04 AM

In a few years I hope that internet technology advances to the point where I can reach through the screen and untie/retie Olbermann’s tie so it looks just a mess. Insulting the lovely MKH, is he?
I’m a non-violent kind of guy and would never denigrate myself by resorting to physical violence, but I’m serious about that tie. (Unless it’s a clip-on; you can’t do much with a clip-on.)

Doug on January 29, 2008 at 1:23 AM

I tried to watch the second video, I really did. I couldn’t get pass the syrupy, drooling opening, I almost gagged.

Rode Werk on January 29, 2008 at 1:44 AM

I despise that man… I truly, truly do. Enduring Hillary’s sacharine monologues is easier to do then having to stomach the diarretic vomit exploding from that creature’s mouth on a nightly basis.

Jockolantern on January 29, 2008 at 2:15 AM

No. That’s called giving them head. Slurpy, smacking, drooling head.

But the heck with that. I’m just so happy for Mary K that she got The Title. I can’t imagine a higher honor than being named Worst Person in the World by the biggest douchenozzle in it.

Impotent douchenozzle, I might add.

Misha I on January 29, 2008 at 2:19 AM

I don’t know if he’s a tool, a tard or a turd. I’d hate to make wrenches, the mentally challenged, or poo feel bad about such a comparison.

LickyLicky on January 29, 2008 at 2:27 AM

The guys who run MSNBC rarely watch their own network while sober.

SuperCool on January 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM
He supposedly is the guy who runs MSNBC. No wonder they’re tanking huh?

Geronimo on January 28, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Ahhh, the final piece of the puzzle falls crashing into place…

SuperCool on January 29, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Clinton didn’t get a pass from the media because the house impeached him. And he’s calling MKH stupid?

If I remember correctly, most of the coverage at that time was virulently anti-Ken Star. The program that was toughest on Clinton was “The Daily Show with Craig Kilborn” and their “Tailgate ’98″ coverage.

Spolitics on January 29, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Comment pages: « 1 [2]

Why is it that when one of these topics has multiple pages of comments, it displays the last page first? Rather annoying.

MattSkosh on January 29, 2008 at 3:22 AM

did he say Fox “Noise”? -He is so clever that I’m beyond inspired…

Opinionnation on January 29, 2008 at 3:27 AM

It’s awkwardly painful to wach KO.

He has a cable show that must have some kind of audience.

He’s a tool, but who are the tools who watch him?

Do they have responsible jobs where the safety of others are concerned, like bus drivers or nurses?

silverfox on January 29, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Chalk up yet another red badge of correctness for MKH.

Rugged Individual on January 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM

I despise that man… I truly, truly do. – Jockolantern on January 29, 2008 at 2:15 AM

A true conservative does not despise anyone, Jocko. That sort of seething, festering, emotional magma is the stock in trade of the loony left.

Keith Olberman is a victim of self-induced CDS (Conservative Derangement Syndrome) and therefore is more to be pitied and ultimately laughed at then to be scorned or, worse, hated.

Heed the counsel of Michael Corleone: never hate your enemies…it clouds your reason.

NemoParticularis on January 29, 2008 at 5:08 AM

Keith Olberman once again proves that among all the jackasses running around PMSNBC making even bigger jackasses of themselves, he is indeed their king. I just wish that one day MKH will demonstrate some little known dancing skills she has and high kicks this clown right in the teeth!

pilamaye on January 29, 2008 at 6:52 AM

he emerged from the ashes as a second Murrow

Only in his dreams…

Zorro on January 29, 2008 at 6:59 AM

Ober who? MKH rocks.

dogsoldier on January 29, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Awesome, you could almost see the spittle hit the cameraman’s eye from each time he incredulously bellows “a pppppasss???”

lolerskates.

Dash on January 29, 2008 at 7:15 AM

Wow, I didn’t think there was any way MKH could be hotter, but that just did it. I’ve always had a thing for bad girls, and now she’s the WORST!

Farmer_Joe on January 29, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Congratulations, Mary Katharine!

Tanya on January 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

I can’t bring myself to watch. Sorry. But if he really mocked her youth, then he’s an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Really…what normal person would think to insult a woman by saying she looks young? What else does he have planned — is he going to sneer that she is looks skinny? Or rich?

Anton on January 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

That’s what really happened, Olbernotaman made a pass at MKH, she dared to turn him down and the pathetic loser went ballistic.

srhoades on January 29, 2008 at 8:05 AM

NemoParticularis on January 29, 2008 at 5:08 AM

despise – definition

To regard with contempt or scorn: despised all cowards and flatterers.
To dislike intensely; loathe: despised the frigid weather in January.
To regard as unworthy of one’s interest or concern: despised any thought of their own safety.

“despise” is not the same as “hate.” It really is okay to despise liberal wackos. I’ve even heard Rush on his show say that he despises liberals.

fossten on January 29, 2008 at 8:20 AM

When I saw the title of this post, I assumed that I had somehow Rip van Winkled forward to April 1 because, well, how much of a moron would you have to be to call a pleasant person like Mary Katharine the Worst Person In the World? Then I remembered: this is Keith Olbermann. I’d call him a preening pompous buffoon, but that would be insulting to preening pompous buffoons.

Physics Geek on January 29, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Did he say Clinton was impeached for less then what the new guy does on your average Thursday morning? Is that the new guy at MSNBC? So from that we know that either no one at MSNBC can tell the truth, or the place is the most “hostile work environment” ever.

Or maybe he means the new guy in the White House, whose been there nearly 8 years now, yet somehow, still the new guy. Maybe he meant “current guy.” For his lack of clarity and school girl crush on “the old guy,” I name KO the (cue echo effect) worst cable commentator in the world.

hulbstar on January 29, 2008 at 8:35 AM

You know you’ve arrived when people play creepy organ music to talk about you. Badge of honor, this.

Mark Jaquith on January 29, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Remember when Olby handed Billy Jeff that check? That was the most cringeworthy example of letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing that I’ve ever seen.

“TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them……………..but when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing” (Matt 6)

debi118 on January 29, 2008 at 9:37 AM

A total flaming lefty-loon!

30 moonbats walk up and tell him he’s the greatest and this indicates that the whole country agrees with him? LOL

Massively deluded and self-righteous – he’s living in his own private Berkley.

rockbend on January 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Is it me, or are the stems on Olby’s glasses progressively bending outward?

Do these glasses make my head look fat?”

macummings on January 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Congratulations to Mary Katharine!

Also, I’d like to punch that guy in the face.

CP on January 29, 2008 at 10:49 AM

When that stentorian dunce decides you’re not so bad, that’s when you need to worry.

Jim Treacher on January 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Is it true that Billy Jeff left a stain on Olby’s tie after that interview?

max1 on January 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM

congrats MKH just shows how great you are when that jurk says your worst it means best!

sko17 on January 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Ha! Even my flash plug-in is tired of Olby. It blew up just as the clip was finishing.

uniclone on January 29, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Another achievement of which MKH can be justifiably proud.

Congratulations!

DaMav on January 29, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Mary Katherine probably has a bigger audience than bathtub boy. He let a girl beat him.

RobCon on January 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I still refuse to believe that KO with BJ Clinton was not an SNL skit.

RobCon on January 29, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Jim Treacher on January 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM

On that note, I think Olberdouche is about due to endorse McCain. Which would be proudly displayed on McShamnesty’s website just like the NYT‘s endorsement was.

ReubenJCogburn on January 29, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Had The Überdouche conducted the interview from Clinton’s lap in a speedo it would have been a much needed injection of subtlety.

Chuck Schick on January 29, 2008 at 12:30 PM

He was a lousy sports reporter then.
He is a lousy sports reporter now.

corona on January 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM

One more reason to love the Hammer.

withoutfeathers on January 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Clinton is again fellated!

drjohn on January 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM

MKH, put that up on your mantle. Better yet, get a button or T-shirt made and wear it the next time you’re on with O’R.

I’m thinking that Olberdouche did not do so well in reading comprehension when he was a wee lad.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM

“___________ is the worst person in the world”. That is what liberals say when the have no brain and no core beliefs and no leg to stand on!!

kcd on January 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM

You are correct sir! Olbermann is a consummate douche, but one of the things that really harangues me about him is that as much as he plays himself up as a seasoned scrutinizer and watchdog of “Republican lies”, he so often mischaracterizes and takes out of context what people say…it’s maddening. The Right isn’t perfect, and if he actually was Bill O’Reilly’s equivalent on the Left, I might respect him more. But Bill is very shrewd, intelligent and perceptive, and in the way Olbermann criticizes or disgrees with people he comes off as pompous, desperate, arrogant and completely misinformed.

mattyj86 on January 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Ugh and just the fact that he has the nerve to call someone the “worst person in the world” is reprehensible. One would like to think it’s characterized by humor for emphasis due to the extremity of the title, but with the state of the left today and the amount of “hate” rhetoric like this coming from it makes me think they actually believe these people are among the worst in the world.

That’s really. really. disheartening.

mattyj86 on January 29, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I’m glad that someone other than KO’s three viewers got to see that performance. Maybe they will put him in nursing home where he belongs (if one would take him). MKH should get the gold star of the week award.

duff65 on January 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Courage

omnipotent on January 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Jeez, what a schmuck.

mojo on January 29, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Being dissed by The Olbertard is a badge of honor.

pdigaudio on January 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM

That he even gets to have a segment called ‘The Worst Person in the World Award’ where he spits and froths for the audience speaks volumes about the seriousness of his and the stations “reporting”. He’s more on level with Jerry Springer. All theatrics, no substance.

4shoes on January 29, 2008 at 2:25 PM

KO is as annoying as ants in a picnic basket and someday he is going to be squashed like the cockroach that he is.

gunter on January 29, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Hey AP, it’s bad enough you have to talk about this a**hole, but do ya have to show his picture too? ——Congrats out to Mary K. tho, for making the list! It means she is one of the BEST people in America!

countywolf on January 29, 2008 at 3:49 PM

That guy is a time bomb

Drtuddle on January 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Real reason: MKH turned him down.

Spirit of 1776 on January 28, 2008 at 10:37 PM

can you blame her, not only is he a leftist too hes got a pretty bad reputation in other areas.

October 9, 2006 — A BROWN-haired beauty who claims she had an unsatisfying one-night stand with Keith Olbermann is getting her sweet revenge – she’s launched a blog to warn other women about the acerbic MSNBC commentator’s boorish bedroom habits

CaptainObvious on January 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM

LOL.

DMeNTe on January 29, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Congrats MKH!

Another “Greatest Person in the World” that I have one more reason for admiring. Isn’t it great that crazy Olby helps confirm (in his own sick, twisted way) what conservatives are on the crazy left’s “hit list”, therefore, should be the ones most listened to? If Olbermann’s voice and sophomoric, childish humor wasn’t so damn annoying (like nails on a chalkboard), I would probably watch him just as a barometer on where turn right everytime when he tells you to turn left politically.

What next MKH? An appearance on “Softball w/ Chris Matthews”, where he can go ballistic, insult and attack you like he did with MM?

Go for the gold MKH, go for the gold!!!

Planet Boulder on January 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I still like to email KO and ask how the recount in Ohio is going. He was so heavily vested in that non story I thought for sure reality would catch up with him… nope. He’s ruined football coverage.

2Tru2Tru on January 30, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Keith is spot on what a stupid girl

daileyck1 on January 30, 2008 at 4:13 PM

I’d consider my life complete if I ever made it onto Keith’s Worst Person in the World list. Congrats, Mary Katharine!

I’m not even joking either.

emmaline1138 on January 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM