Video: Dutch MP Geert Wilders on his anti-Koran film

posted at 10:45 am on January 28, 2008 by Allahpundit

In which Greg Palkot encourages him to fear the reaper and Wilders politely declines. Here’s the man at the center of the gathering storm, addressing terrorism, multiculturalism, and even immigration in a 16-minute marathon. If you can only spare a few, watch the first two minutes and then skip to 12:00 or so for Palkot wondering if maybe it wouldn’t be smarter for him to quiet down a little bit. Wilders gives the right answer — an answer that’s not as easy anymore as it should be — but his own stance on how welcoming western society should be to dangerous viewpoints is more nuanced than he lets on.

Brave guy. The Dutch left must hate him. Click the image to left.

wilders.jpg

Comments

The truth hurts.

Islam = retarded. Well put.

Corky on January 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM

He needs a kevlar turtle neck vest because they will try to saw his head off.

Blake on January 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Point should be made: if I get killed you prove exactly what I was saying about you.

Sooner or later it’ll sink in to folks, if not the muslims.

Bob's Kid on January 28, 2008 at 10:50 AM

He’s preaching assimilation.

And he’s dead on (no pun intended).

Corky on January 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

God help him–and us.

davidk on January 28, 2008 at 11:04 AM

If he chose to pull the movie tomorrow, he will have already proven his point. The fact the the Dutch are absolutely terrified at what might happen in reaction this film, and the fact that Muslims are threatening his very life, are themselves proof positive that Islam is NOT the religion of peace, and never will be.

fourstringfuror on January 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM

The interviewer seems almost condescending.
If it provokes a riotous reaction from muslims, then it does prove his point even more. Don’t want to fit in, then get out. I like it.

Kini on January 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM

fourstringfuror on January 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Amen to that! This guy’s got guts – unlike most politicians nowadays. Political correctness be damned. Democracy and free speech are integral to our way of life. If you don’t like it and don’t want to live by our laws, get out.

Livefreeordie on January 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM

As soon as I saw the picture of this guy it reminded me of a face that should be on currency somewhere. Is it the wiggish hair, the broad European face, the haughty, knowing look? The only question is whether he embodies the Enlightenment ideals of his forebears.
I think he does, although I think banning any book gives it too much power. Rather, the establishment needs to wake up and discard this deference to a religion and culture which would rapidly destroy everything the Enlightenment stood for.

Laserjock on January 28, 2008 at 11:21 AM

If the truth offends you, then you have the problem.

I love this guy he is dead on.

TheSitRep on January 28, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Excellent.
Dude has sack.
Piss on Islam!!!

SoTX on January 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM

For all the crap we give Europe, they actually have brave politicians. Where is our Geert?

Anyway, it’s kinda hard to take this guy seriously since he sounds exactly like Christopher Walken. I keep expecting him to jump up and do a few flips in mid-air.

amkun on January 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Hair-raising.

Shy Guy on January 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Islam is retarded. It retards every facet of human life and discourse in the classical meaning of the term.

BL@KBIRD on January 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Speak softly and carry a Big Truth.

Islam is an anti-Western subversive movement trying to establish a theocratic, terror-based tyranny.

Wilders is one of the last fully-intact males left in Europe.

Which is why the Islamic fanatics fear and target him.

Take down the guard dog, then savage the stuporous sheep.

Wear your Kevlar, mijnheer, and Sterkte, hoor!

profitsbeard on January 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Geert should be from Texas. This guy has “huevos” the size of Dallas.

FishFearMe on January 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM

I work closely with many folks from Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Europe in general. I can’t tell you how bizarre it is to hear those brave and reasonable views spoken in that accent.

peski on January 28, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Listen to the whole thing. Between him and Ezra Levant, one can find hope for Western civilization.

Clark1 on January 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Bravo… when can we order… I’ll take a dozen.

T J Green on January 28, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Too bad we can’t import him to our government… we need someone that actually wants to protect his country and western civilization.

Its odd that we preach democracy and try to “bring” it to other countries but fail to protect it in our own.

TFM

ThinkingForMyself on January 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Right on.

Absolute power corrupts. Islam is corrupt. We’ve been fighting the symptoms of the disease, not the cause. Political Correctness is insufficient; tolerance for the intolerant has proven to be futile; backing down (appeasement) is weakness. Are we feeling intimidated yet? The goal has to be to break the tyrannical grip that the dark side of Islam has on Muslims. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. We need more movies, and other examples, that highlight Islamic intolerance, not less. Their temper tantrums will get old fast.

Bacchus on January 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Absolutely fantastic interview.

This is so two weeks ago but:
SECOND LOOK AT Geert Wilders!

12thman on January 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Does Palkot not get it, the fact that the guy needs a security detail is proof enough that Islam is a problem. There are no Catholic death squads hunting down atheists or non-believers, only Muslims use the threat of death to force other to convert.

rgranger on January 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I suddenly have an urge to buy Q-Tips.

Great interview.

Black Adam on January 28, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Wow!
So why does not one member of our congress have the nerve or the awareness to say such things? If the way we elect our members of congress so deprives us of leadership maybe we are doomed if we don’t fix it.

snaggletoothie on January 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM

People must confront Islam for what it truly is: a violently hateful religion who believe their religion is supreme. They believe all other religions and religious people are inferior to them.

People who do not stand up and confront Islam like Mr. Wilders is doing will find themseleves and their countries being consumed by Islamic hate and violence.

And if that harelips the flying imams then so be it. And the walking crawling imams too.

Larry L. Sharp on January 28, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Face it, American politicians are no smarter or braver than the typical European politician. Ours are just better paid (off).

I long for the day when someone here has the balls to call this turd-ridden religion a cult, and demands something be done about it.

I took my 91-year old mother out shopping last week when we ran across a smelly middle eastern immigrant wrapped from head to toe in muslim garb. All you could see was her eye slits. My mother, bless her soul, and knowing full well what she was seeing, said loudly: “What the hell is THAT?”

To which I answered ” That is what islam does to it women, makes them freaks.” I drew laughs from a dozen onlookers. Yes, it was cruel, but I didn’t cut her head off now, did I?

Mustafa Hemmroid on January 28, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Clark1 on January 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Must be cloned, quickly. Time is running out.

They are the antipathy to the decojonified, multi-culti, one-world, global hug, all-s/b-equal, and go under together, ‘progressive’ Left.

There are a few good men left in the worl, few being the key word.

Entelechy on January 28, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Someone needs to send this to Shep Smith. He and I aren’t speaking.

Connie on January 28, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Nice hair cut, Beethoven.

I love this guy! After Europe falls to the islamic hordes, hopefully Geert will make it out alive and escape to the U.S.

We could use him in, oh, I dunno, let’s say Joe Biden’s Seanate seat?

Tony737 on January 28, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Mr. Wilders said something to the effect that in Europe there is a growing chasm between the vox populi and the political elites, and that the people are getting fed up. What with presidential candidates like Romney, McCain, Huckabee, Clinton, and Hussein from which to pick, the same could be said for us over here across the pond. At least we (currently) have the 2nd Amendment.

This is one brave man, and certainly a hero — in the truest sense of that overused, and often tritely applied, word. No less a hero than our military men and women. They are fighting for the same thing: Freedom.

RickZ on January 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM

You go boy! Nordic balls of steel!

spacekicker on January 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM

The best hair in politics.
Well, let’s get the film and the KFCs fired up.
Colonel Sanders, if I were you, I’d catch the next fight out of Pakistan.

Mister Ghost on January 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM

What does he have against Koreans? Surely not all Koreans are alike! You act as if they are a monolithic . . .

What?

Nevermind.

Dan Collins on January 28, 2008 at 3:54 PM

You guys are gonna love this. check out this pic of christopher walken from batman returns the similarities are amazing. But besides that I think that Geert Wilders is my hero….That guy has brass balls and he is right on point!

SoCalInfidel on January 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM

click on the link above…first time posting a link so bear with me :)

SoCalInfidel on January 28, 2008 at 5:04 PM

This guy rules. We need more like him in America.

Geronimo on January 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM

snaggletoothie on January 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Our polititians are afraid of offending anyone in America, or is it Muslims?

Geronimo on January 28, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Politicians that is.

Geronimo on January 28, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Exactly. He reminds me of Mozart.

He is spot on. Some cultures are better than others. It always makes me wonder when people escape a horrible culture to come to the U.S. and then they insist on bringing that horrible culture here. It’s like they think that the same culture in a different place will have a different result. If you want to move somewhere in order to gain the benefits of their culture, assimilate. They’re culture is better, obviously, so adopt it.

(I do know that the radical Islamists don’t want to assimilate or adapt, but I’m talking about the regular illegal alien here.)

Theophile on January 28, 2008 at 7:05 PM

the fascist book, the Koran.

Finally, someone in government openly said it. The Koran is indeed a fascist book. And it’s Islam’s moral authority. Any prudent man would be able to draw the connection between Islamic hatred and violence and the Koran. They are simply doing what the Koran instructs them to do.

Larry L. Sharp on January 28, 2008 at 7:50 PM

This is a very timely interview. I can only hope that the movie will be just as frank about Islam. It is not a religion, it is a death cult that rewards the basest forms of behaviour. It is satanic.

daesleeper on January 28, 2008 at 8:46 PM

So the Netherlands had their own MCshamnesty deal last year. 30,000 illegals were made legal. That is what I heard him say..correct?

kahall on January 28, 2008 at 8:52 PM

My ‘retarded’ son is 17 with the mental capacity of an 11 year-old. I’m fortunate that he’s an eleven year-old and not less. There are folks changing diapers on their 30 and 40 year-olds. I understand ‘retardation’ and “RETARDED” is the perfect word to describe the culture of Islam.

I’d imagine that Ayaan Hirsi Ali may be welcome by this up and coming party of his. If she doesn’t run for Congress in the USA, I’d like to see her back in office there. Then again… She may be more effective on the news shows, broadcast worldwide etc…

Regardless… Geert is as correct as he is courageous.

SALUTE…!