Billy Jeff: Hey, you know who Obama reminds me of? Jesse Jackson

posted at 12:15 pm on January 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Duly flagged in last night’s primary thread when it broke, I’m bringing it back because it’s too sweet not to reprise. The Clenis got a bad rap on race-baiting for his “fairy tale” comment but he’s caught red-handed here and seems to realize it. What’s shocking isn’t the fact that the Clintons would stoop to playing racial games — unless your name’s Jonathan Chait — but the clumsiness of the way Slick plays this one. The question has nothing to do with race or Jesse Jackson; Clinton injects that, then appears to catch himself and backtrack about what a super-keen campaign Obama’s run. The left’s picked this up (the video is from TPM) so expect some media attention for it in the next day or two, especially to bolster the congealing storyline that BJ’s tactics killed Hillary in South Carolina. This little parting shot may hurt her most of all, in fact, as the sheer artlessness of it throws a spotlight on any attempts by Team Clinton going forward to frame Obama’s win as a “black” victory.

Meanwhile, the Messiah shrewdly stays above the fray: “I don’t think [Bill and Hillary Clinton] were trying to demonize me.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It must be killing Bill inside that Obama is replacing him as the democratic rock-star. The spotlight is shifting.

Spirit of 1776 on January 27, 2008 at 12:19 PM

awesome. when hillary doesn’t get elected, this is the image bill will leave behind. any chance of a favorable legacy is kaput. good riddance to the both of them.

wryteacher on January 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM

I blame Karl Rove.

Seriously though, forces are aligning for me to root for a liberal democrat. What’s up with that?

Dash on January 27, 2008 at 12:22 PM

It’s kind of fun to see the Clintons disintegrate right before your eyes.

WasatchMan on January 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM

As Rush says, whoever Bill campaigns for ends up losing.

For some reason, I just can’t get my finger on why that is so.

Hmmmmm

Weebork on January 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I heard a lefty today refer to Billary as the modern day version of George Wallace and his wife. Ouch. If Hillary wins the nomination, she can forget about the black vote.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I heard the “Jessie Jackson won S.C.” bit as well on FOX news. So the MSM meme will be, Obama won S.C. ’cause he’s black.

I remember being glad to see Tip O’Neil go bye-bye only to be horrified by his replacement. The Clintons are toast but I’m sure something worse will replace them.

Mojave Mark on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

The question is which one, Hillary or Obams, will be easier to beat next fall.

Blake on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Whoa !! If the Messiah is this naive maybe he should not be trusted to head up this country !!

OBX Pete on January 27, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Can’t wait until Clyburn tries to hang this one on Huckabee.

BuzzCrutcher on January 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM

I’m starting to really like Obama. Not as someone I’d vote for or agree with on policy issues, but simply as a very decent politicians. He is the antithesis of the Clintons. Sure, he’s wrong on most issues, lacks experience, etc. Still, I find him to be a very smart man with the capacity to consider other people’s arguments – unlike, once again, Panderin’ Hillary.

Baphomet on January 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Breathtaking!

BJ is obviously livid. He exudes contempt.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Blake on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Neither of them are easy to beat. Hillary is campaign is highly organized. Obama has enthusiastic supporters and independents.

terryannonline on January 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Blake on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Hillary. Think the black vote will come out for her in november?

lorien1973 on January 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM

My idea of the perfect storm looks to be shaping up: The Billery do whatever it takes, even playing the race card, to beat Obama. Obama has rock star-like groupies and a lot of enthusiastic support, and those supporters, at least a lot of them, are sufficiently pissed off to refuse to pull the lever for the witch, and the Republican candidate (Please, Lord, not McCain!) has an easy win. Keep it up, Billy Jeff (AKA “BJ”).

iurockhead on January 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Well, Mr. B.J. Clinton, guess what? You’ve both been in the White House. We had plenty, thanks.

Can Bill run as VP? hmmm. Have the CLintons found a loophole? Is there a loophole? pffft, if there is one they’ll dig it out, like bad ear wax.

johnnyU on January 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM

The question is which one, Hillary or Obams, will be easier to beat next fall.

Blake on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

I think Hillary would be easier to beat, which makes me wonder why I’m secretly cheering Obama on everytime he trounces her. I guess like Spirit of 1776 said, seeing Billary knocked out of the democratic rock star spot is rich

Keli on January 27, 2008 at 12:38 PM

The question is which one, Hillary or Obams, will be easier to beat next fall.

Blake on January 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM

My bet is Obama would be harder to beat than Hillary. But still I’m cheering for him. I can’t bring myself to support such a disastrous prospect as Hillary, however naive or inefficient it may seem.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Billy Jeff must be a raaaaaaaaaacist then. :)

ThePrez on January 27, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Keli on January 27, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Considering the Clintons think they are entitled to win and they CANNOT lose, ever, if Obama wins the nominations I doubt the Clinton Hydra is going away. Expect to see a lot of dirt thrown on Obama from the left.

BKennedy on January 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Sure, he’s wrong on most issues, lacks experience, etc. Still, I find him to be a very smart man with the capacity to consider other people’s arguments -

So let me get this straight, he’s wrong on most issues but he’s very smart? Huh?

He is wrong on everything because he isn’t very smart. When you hear him try to answer an unscripted question he falls all over himself and sounds like the dolt that he is. They are using the hilary strategy with him now, don’t let him get in any situations that aren’t controlled totally by the campaign or by sympathetic journalists. barry is a hollywood-style politician, don’t fall for his act. Just like bubba and edwards trying to present themselves as having working class upbringings(bubbas stepfather owned the biggest buick dealership in little rock and edwards father ran the mill that he always talks about)barry was a rich white kid from hawaii. His mother was a hippie supported by her parents in her wanderings and bad men decisions. He went to an exclusive school in Hawaii. Don’t fall for barry’s act, he is a leftist with limited intellectual abilities who takes a great picture. There is no depth to his thinking and he slips race and class baiting into all of his speaches and his wife is a hardcore bitter racebaiter.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Luleen Wallace, puppet governor of Alabama when George couldn’t run again. Not that she did a bad job. It was obvious that George was running things. Luleen made no pretense to real power.

I’m reminded of an historical episode a bit farther back – when the mad Emperor Caligula appointed his favorite horse, Incitatus, a Roman Senator. The big difference is that Caligula actually liked to ride his horse.

Oops. Was that too mean even for Hot Air?

Vote Sauron 08 on January 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Remember all, that the Clintons do nothing that is not planned.

Today, they want Obama to garner as many black votes as possible because, they calculate, it will cause a great white backlash for Hillary.

If she does get the nomination, she will then need the customary 90% black vote if she has any hope of getting the presidential nomination.

It will be most interesting, therefore, to see how the Clintons bring the blacks back to their fold.

I assume it will take the form of a lot of Olympic sized ass-kissing of the NAACP on their part.

pocomoco on January 27, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Can Bill run as VP?

johnnyU on January 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Probably not, but Chelsea can. Remember, she has eight years’ White House experience.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM

I’m amused that blacks would be surprised a white liberal would see everything through the prism of race. Maybe, just maybe, the lightbulb will come on…

SouthernGent on January 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Chelsea can. Remember, she has eight years’ White House experience.

Genius.

Spirit of 1776 on January 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Yes, because people with limited intellectual abilities always graduate in the top 10% of their class at Harvard Law and serve as president of the Harvard Law Review.

SnarkVader on January 27, 2008 at 12:52 PM

The Clintons are far more destructive to themselves then anyone else. Hillary is pretty much un-electable when she is without scripted events. Her actual personality is vicious, spiteful, and condescending. Her campain’s decision to use Bill as the attack dog was an obvious attempt to keep her “above the fray”, and it is backfiring, what’s more, Bill is actually the nice one.

The only thing Hillary can do that wouldn’t be completely disasterous is cry.

I am not buying into the perception that Obama is the good guy, he is the media darling, and his coverage by the MSM is only positive. He is the rock star of the moment. His campain has found a working response to allegations of wrong doing by taking accusations and turning them around based on their candidate’s color. “You’re only saying those things because he is black”. So any attack on Obama’s credibility is construed as racism.

What the Democrat primary is showing is that the they are dividing along racial lines. The MSM is more than willing antagonize this split.

Rode Werk on January 27, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Bill has done all the political calculations. He knows the Clintons don’t need the black vote to win the nomination. He wants Obama out of his way.

He is willing to stick it to the black voters so that he can get back into the White House. For now, that means Hillary must win.

That is his goal. At all costs. Nothing else matters.

Stay tuned to meet “The First Black President” all over again as soon as the primaries are over. I think the Clintonistas are in for a big shock this time around. While I’ve seen his political mastery of swooning black voters time and again, I honestly think he’s dug himself too deep a hole this time.

They’re gonna be pissed, and that’s good for our side.

fogw on January 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Oh goodness…Billy Jeff is becoming an embarassment, and fast.

I don’t see a way Obama is going to lose this thing.

FLcapitalistthug on January 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Democrats want change. The Clintons arent change and they know it.

But dont crow too much the same kind of racist charge awaits republicans if Obama wins the nominiation. Only it will be much worse to not vote for the 1st black President.

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I did not have racial slurs with that man.[/finger waging, unpresidential, ex-president]

jukin on January 27, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Obama winning the primary is a pipe dream. No pun intended. I just know down in my gut that the scum of Edwards and the Clintons is one and the same. There has to be some deal in the works.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Only it will be much worse to not vote for the 1st black President.

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Agreed. We have a much better chance beating the Clintonistas.

“I don’t think [Bill and Hillary Clinton] were trying to demonize me.”

Oh puh-lease. Wake up Beaver.

IrishEi on January 27, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Democrats want change. The Clintons arent change and they know it.

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM

exactly, while I’m having fun seeing the Clintons get trounced, if Obama gets the nomination, we’re the ones in for a trouncin’ (I like the word ‘trounce’ today).

Keli on January 27, 2008 at 1:07 PM

First, we are seeing just one portion of the questioning. Secondly, Bubba opens his answer with “thats bait (or baiting) too” and proceeds to answer…

I never saw him catch himself nor did he say anything racist..

All of the pundits were remarking how the black voter turnout was huge. At what point do we seperate that fact?

He made the point that Jesse won SC in 1984 and 1988 because of the black vote, and in 2008, Obama won the state as well, because of the black vote..both ran good campaigns..Is it Bill’s fault that there isn’t a more recent Black to compare Obama to? Hardly..At this point, shouldn’t we also turn our attention to the MSM that keeps shoving the demographics at us?

This is nothing more than reaching for an arguement..One can get the Clintons without having to make up a scandal..

Pam on January 27, 2008 at 1:09 PM

She’s not yet 35 years old. But give her a few years, and she’ll be ready. The election campaign of Chelsea Clinton against George Prescott Bush (son of Jeb) will be quite interesting.

Yes folks, you read that correctly. There is a third George Bush.

Bigfoot on January 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Awful lot of the democrat leadership graduated from Harvard and almost all of thier candidates were ivy league.
You keep being impressed by pretty faces, old colleges and slick images. I’ll listen closely to what people are saying and watch what they do.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM

SnarkVader

Didn’t jon stewart and al franken graduate from harvard also? Those your kind of guys? Are you dazzled by thier intellect also?

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Obama should keep Jesse Jackson and Al Sahrpton far, far away from him. Neither of them would do him any good.

madame_bluetooth on January 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM

caught red-handed?

That’s gotta leave a stain.

better put some ice on it.

normsrevenge on January 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I am rooting for the Clintons to shoot themselves in the foot. It’s a joy to watch. But those of you rejoicing seem to forget that when discussing “easier to beat”, you must think of which “R” will be running against the “D” nom.

If it’s Romney…then yes, we’ve got a shot. But if it’s McCain, you can forget it. The true Conservatives are not going to hold their noses and vote for him, like you’re expecting. We are truly fractured, and a McCain nom will be our defeat. The only ray of sun there is that when the D is elected, all idiotic actions that happen for 4 years will be laid at the feet of the Dems, not the Repubs. Thus another repeat of the Carter/Reagan scenario.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:18 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:14 PM

No, Jon Stewart graduated from William and Mary (if his wikipedia entry is right). Conan O’Brien is an alumni of Harvard.

terryannonline on January 27, 2008 at 1:19 PM

But as I said…I LOVE watching the Clintons implode.

It’s beautiful ART.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:19 PM

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM

So true. I wonder who…Romney, McCain or Giuliani… could best survive the racial warfare that would come.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 1:20 PM

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Surely you are not wishing for economic times of the Carter years for partisan purposes? And there is the distinct possibility that the economy could flourish as it did under Clinton – giving the Dems the lion’s share of the credit.

has an interesting take on a McCain-Hillary matchup.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 1:21 PM

if Obama gets the nomination, we’re the ones in for a trouncin’

Not if JC Watts, Michael Steele or Ken Blackwell are the vp.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 1:20 PM

That is easy – McCain/Romney/Rudy in that order. The problem for Romney is that being Mormon has hurt him among some voters. Fair or not it is a fact.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

IMO that is as transparent as it would be ineffective.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Gee, I wonder if the Clinton’s might be able to exploit Romnee because of his Mormon affiliation.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM

barry would not be out there if a faction of the demofascists hadn’t chosen him as a candidate. No one gets this far just deciding they want to be president. I guarantee kennedy, schumer, dean, the clintons and the other big boys in the demo party mapped out this campaign season two years ago. They just have been taken by surprise by the monster they have created. Winning for the party is all that matters. barry will be a puppet if he wins somehow and the same leftist policies will be pushed through that hilary or edwards would have pushed through.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM

IMO that is as transparent as it would be ineffective.

Absolutely tranparent. Steele, Watts and Blackwell are authentic unlike barry. They grew up in working black families. Why not say to blacks, “Here’s the democrats version of who a black person should be and here’s a black American who chooses to be a republican.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:30 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I could definitely support a Romney-Steele ticket. In fact, when Fred! was still in the race, I favored a Thompson-Steele combo—and that was months before the Clintons injected race into this. Ergo, it doesn’t seem like transparent pandering to me.

IrishEi on January 27, 2008 at 1:31 PM

From the Church of Innuendo we have today’s headline to disassemble. Let’s, shall we?

“Black Turnout is Huge”
Black and turnout negative
Black and Huge negative
Huge and turnout negative

If only they could have superimposed a picture of the lumbering character from Green Mile dutifully trudging to the voting booth and the message would have been complete.

pc on January 27, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Not if JC Watts, Michael Steele or Ken Blackwell are the vp.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

That’s one way to play it. Another would be a Hispanic VP… to use the Clintons’ racial polarization to split off the Hispanic vote from Obama’s Democrats.

It would concede for now the loss of the black vote and make a play for the brown.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 1:37 PM

That’s one way to play it. Another would be a Hispanic VP

It wouldn’t bother me as long as the candidate is a true conservative except no conservative nationally known hispanic comes to mind. I’m sure there are plenty in the private sector, in business, but an unknown isn’t going to get it.

Is there really a problem between middle class black and hispanic voters? I know there seems to be a big one among lower income blacks and illegal immigrants and between the gang/criminal element. But what about upper educated, middle class blacks and other then first generation hispanics?

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 1:21 PM

There is a distinct difference between acknowledging a reality and “wishing” for it, Bradky.
There will be little difference in the legislation coming from a Hillary/OBama or McCain presidency. I’d rather their side get the blame for any of it’s failure.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM

wryteacher on January 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Just what I’ve been thinking over the past few days. It’s amazing to see their craven grasping for power overwhelming any sense of self-respect or dignity. It seems that every move they both make screams “I WANT POWER AT ANY COST!”.

I think the left is finally retching on the stomach full of it they’ve willingly swallowed over the last 15 years.

(dwell on that mental image a minute . . .)

The Ritz on January 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Don’t necessarily trust him, but I’m now a Romney backer…just to work against McCain.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Hillary and her partner in crime loving husband obviously hate uppity Black men like Obama, but the dirty laundry dynamic duo really like compliant, to them, Juan McCrankypants.

If it’s Obama v. Senor McCrankypants in November, I will have an easy time voting dem for the first time in my life.

MB4 on January 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM

But they haven’t really swallowed anything (except for Monica) over the last 15 years. The clinton venom has almost exclusively been directed at republicans. I really believe the idiots like kerry and the msm really differentiate behavior based on who the target is. They think all this is below the clintons while the rest of us have been expecting it all along.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:48 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM

My sense of it is that it’s quite pervasive, but somewhat less controlling the higher up the income/education ladder you go.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 1:52 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:48 PM

You are correct of course. My point actually is in agreement with yours. They have “swallowed” the self-gratifying Clinton behavior precisely because they thought they (the left) were getting something out of it. I think it’s only now they’re realizing how badly they’ve been used.

The Ritz on January 27, 2008 at 1:55 PM

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:30 PM

To which the perception would likely be “Ah so if we are good little boys and girls we get the number two seat for 8 years – thanks but no”
Need to find more compelling reason that simply putting a black person on the ticket.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM

What economic policies are the same?

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

For those of you who will vote dem rather than the Mac, you may want to reconsider. What is Mac wipes either of them and your vote went to a Lib who got housed? You wouldn’t be able to get out of bed the following day.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 2:01 PM

If that’s true it would seem that the roadblock a general candidate barry would have may be insurmountable. Demographics seem to indicate the higher up the economic and education ladder hispanics go the more likely they are to lean conservative. Assume they are going republican and lower income hispanics just won’t vote for a black added to white demofascist racism it may be that a black democrat can’t win in the general at all. I’ve neem hoping, despite the msm and negativity of so called conservative pundits, that we could see the return of Reagan democrats with the right candidate. Rudy, huckster , mccain there is no difference between them and a democrat so no reason for the Reagan dems to come back.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

that we could see the return of Reagan democrats with the right candidate.

Let me clarify that I don’t mean to imply the racist demofascists and the Reagan democrats are one and the same. My impression has always been that the Reagan democrats were the halfway reasonable ones who were only willing to see thier party go so far to the left before bolting.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Not exactly ‘above the fray.’ Both in his victory speech and this morning with Stephanopoulos, Obama is framing the Clintons & their tactics as PART of the problem, not THE problem. It both diminishes them and fights back, while arguably being “above the fray.”

In the upcoming debate, it gives him a retort to almost any Hillaroid attack, “See, folks? This is what she’s doing. Well, the voters in S.C. didn’t buy it. Not that Sen. Clinton is evil herself, she’s just stuck in the politics of the past.”

commissar on January 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM

What economic policies are the same?

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Do you not recognize Amnesty and Global Warming as economic issues? They are just as important as taxes and tax cuts (which McVain is ALSO on the wrong side of.)

And I’m not simply about the economics. I’m about the core Conservative values. Less Nanny State and more policies that lessen the size of government and it’s role in my life.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I’m not one to be giving the Clintons the benefit of the doubt, but the question was baited in one direction and Bill’s answer went another. Seems Bills line of thinking was about what it takes to beat a black Cowardcrat candidate in South Carolina. As much as I hate to admit it, his answer appeared innocent too me.

oakpack on January 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM

“Everything” can have economic implications if you want to look at it that way.
But in regards to smaller government there is quite a difference in McCain’s outlook versus Hillary or Obama.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Not if JC Watts, Michael Steele or Ken Blackwell are the vp.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Unfortunately to the MSM Black conservatives are just Uncle Toms who have been Mislead. IF we add a black VP candidate all we would hear is “Tokenism” leveled at the Candidate

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM

here’s a fact for you, Romney currently leads in total votes delegates and in the polls for Florida. It appears that some actual freakin voters have a problem with McCain and Huck…fair or not those are the facts

I am getting tired of McCain/Huck supporters who keep trotting out this trash. Show me some actual stats from actual votes that support this crap you’re spouting.

While you are at it take a look at the SC dem primary vote and let me know what percentage of voters might be voting along racial and gender lines.

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Particularly since they haven’t been involved as presidential candidates – the charge would have validity. I like Steele but party loyalty trumped his message in New Jersey.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Will add if the Republicans picked a Black VP all Obama would have to do to counter it is say “Why vote for a black VP when you can have a black President ?”

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM

…no conservative nationally known hispanic comes to mind.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Why, we could always run Miguel-Humberto Huckabee DeJesus.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM

“Everything” can have economic implications if you want to look at it that way.

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM

It’s negligible and doesn’t overpower the numerous problems with him. He is not a Conservative. He’s a consistent back-stabber, and he’s an arrogant life-long politician…
I’m looking at the big picture..not just a couple issues.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM

no conservative nationally known hispanic comes to mind.

What not Linda Chavez ? /sar

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM

help…I’m on the floor and can’t get up! What? are we trapped in some box the MSM has constructed? Last time I checked voters actually decide elections.

In your world Republicans can’t run a Mormon or add a minority to the ticket. Only male WASP’s need apply.

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I was pointing out the difficulties of running as such. To say they dont exist isnt being truthful. In fact is evidence that Mitt’s Mormonism does hurt him.

Its a fact of life and not something I have any control over. I lost my idealism years ago so I tend to think in more pragmatic terms. I learned that once I realized my teams dont always win the superbowl, I never hit the lottery and not every candidate I back wins elections. If you shut the idealism out you get a more realistic picture of things.

William Amos on January 27, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I’m looking at the big picture..not just a couple issues.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM

And from an admittedly conservative viewpoint, certainly your right to do so. But you mentioned them not me.
How is his view on smaller government negligible as compared to Obama/Hillary?

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM

what difficulties? the guy is in the lead

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 2:43 PM

What not Linda Chavez ?

Aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Just shoot me instead.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM

…it may be that a black democrat can’t win in the general at all. — peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Good point. I hadn’t thought of that. To the extent a black candidate needs the Hispanic vote to win, it’d seem to hold for the near-term, anyway.

petefrt on January 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM

By the way, the Gators are kicking Vandy’s butts.

Go Gators!

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM

“It’s kind of fun to see the Clintons disintegrate right before your eyes.”
I’m always worried that they’re just like the Terminators who have to be pushed into a vat of molten metal in order to really disintegrate. They ain’t hardly tired yet…

Christine on January 27, 2008 at 2:47 PM

How is his view on smaller government negligible as compared to Obama/Hillary?

Bradky on January 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Amnesty is a big gov program. Any suggestion for compliance with fixes for Global Warmin are big gov issues. McCain looks at it as any lifelong politician does…we must do things to perpetuate ourselves and our power. He is no different from OBama or Hillary. He’s even starting to sound like Bill Clinton in his constant denials of things that are OBVIOUSLY true.

I’m sorry, Bradky..I don’t see him as any different. He’s just worse because he is the enemy within.

tickleddragon on January 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I just got a campaign call from Cindy McCain. I talked dirty to her but it turned out to be a recording.

peacenprosperity on January 27, 2008 at 2:57 PM

I think everyone’s missing the point. The Clintons know they can play this game with impunity because it’s all going to be forgiven when Hillary picks Obama as her running mate.

Typhoon on January 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM

The most amusing headline I read last night was “Retire Bill Clinton.” Stupid me, I thought he’d been put out to stud already.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on January 27, 2008 at 3:16 PM

doubtful…she’ll pick someone dumb and non threatening like Bill Richardson

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM

If Barracko ‘Barry’ Obama gets the nom, I wonder if he WILL be our first muslim black President because ‘wacko Juan’ McCain gets the Repub nom.

countywolf on January 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM

doubtful…she’ll pick someone dumb and non threatening like Bill Richardson

windansea on January 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Well that’s what everyone over here on the right’s thinking (hoping/wishfully expecting.) But I doubt it very seriously. Betting on the Clintons being stupid is as bad a bet as betting on them to be honest.

That they hold the trump card of picking Obama as running mate is the reason they can play the game they’re playing. They know it and it’s why they are.

Typhoon on January 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Barack Hussein Obama accepted the job, working for Saul Alinsky, that Hillary turned down, in spite of writing her graduation thesis on that Communist agitator and strategist.

Frankly… Barack Hussein Obama reminds me of Hillary Rodham Clinton.

DANEgerus on January 27, 2008 at 3:54 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 27, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Think maybe the deal is Edwards gives his delegates to Hill in exchange for the VP spot?

Sloan Morganstern on January 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM

He’s a veteral loser running for that job. Why would the Clintons pick him to go 0 for 2? Plus, picking someone from the race who finished well behind Obama and after they sicced Slick on him would infuriate the most loyal voters in their party.

The deal mentioned earlier in the week that the Ambulance chaser will offer his delegates to Obama in exchange for AG makes more sense.

Typhoon on January 27, 2008 at 4:13 PM