Video: Ayaan Hirsi Ali defends Dutch MP’s anti-Koran film

posted at 9:38 pm on January 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

“Defends” is too strong, perhaps, but contrary to the rumors it’s very clear that she sees the film as something more than a mindless provocation. Which we already knew: If you missed the belated postscript to yesterday’s post, follow that link and get up to speed. To some extent if you’ve seen one Ayaan interview you’ve seen them all, but stick with it for her assignments of culpability later in the segment. She’s quite sympathetic to Muslims in the Middle East. To Muslims in the west? That’s more nuanced.

Exit question: Would this interview have happened if O’Reilly had been booking the guests tonight instead of Laura? (Exit answer: No.)

Comments

one brave women.

agreed, :)
i have pretty much quit watching his show and i was definatly happy to see laura before i switched channel.

trailortrash on January 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Ms. Hirsi Ali has a very powerful presence on the screen. Just terrific.

Zorro on January 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Ayaan rocks! thanks for your COURAGE

custer on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 PM

I could listen to her all day.

She is one sweet and awsome lady.

TheSitRep on January 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Hirsi Ali for UN Secretary General!

Or replace O’Reilly with Ayaan. The Ayaan Factor, anyone?

Vote Sauron 08 on January 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

“… if you’ve seen one Ayaan interview you’ve seen them all …”

I gotta disagree there, I’ve seen lots of ‘em, on HotAir, YouTube and other places, and her interviews are not the same. She stays on target, and she’s consistant, but she’s not repetitive. Everytime I watch Ayaan I learn something new and how she handles her liberal interviewers is priceless.

Tony737 on January 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Vote – “The Ayaan Factor, anyone?”

GREAT idea! Or just another show, say in the 10 pm timeslot, get rid of Greta!

Tony737 on January 25, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Women who stand up against radical Islam are hot!

ErikTheRed on January 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Vote – “The Ayaan Factor, anyone?”

GREAT idea! Or just another show, say in the 10 pm timeslot, get rid of Greta!

Tony737 on January 25, 2008 at 9:52 PM

I agree except for the factor has already been tainted by Bill O so much so that it is not a suitable place for fine ladies like MM and AHA.

Canc’ Greta and move the factor to Greta’s slot.

TheSitRep on January 25, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Are you saying that O’Reilly is too much of a wuss to do this interview?

If so, I would agree.

thirteen28 on January 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with “mindless provocation”?

Can you say Pissed Christ? Virgin Mary in Dung?

People get upset, they protest, the express their views.

People do not chop heads off.

franklinstein on January 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Vote – “The Ayaan Factor, anyone?”

Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodos.

CABE on January 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Leif’s Dad – “Women who stand up against radical Islam are hot!”

Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Brigeete Gabriel, yes. Nonie Darwesh, not so much, but her book is great! (So is Brigeete’s book and both of Ayaan’s books!)

Tony737 on January 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Ms. Ali is an incredibly brave woman. However, I don’t think it is fair to take a swipe at O’Reily just because Laura had a great guest. I don’t understand why you think Bill O’Rielly would not invite her.

SilntThnkr on January 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Ingraham should have her own FNC show.

madame_bluetooth on January 25, 2008 at 10:07 PM

SitRep – “Canc’ Greta and move the factor to Greta’s slot.”

Niiiice, then have Ayaan, Michelle, Laura, Tammy Bruce and Star Parker take turns hosting.

Tony737 on January 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Islama delenda est.

NemoParticularis on January 25, 2008 at 10:14 PM

The worlds bravest women. Why oh why cannot more people see this? Why must she live under constant protection, even in the United States? This is what we get from the PC liberal socialist communist scum that feed the vast majority of the world it’s news.

Anyone want to chip in for an island with me?

MalkinFan on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM

I believe Ms. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is exactly where she is needed at the moment….irritating the very devil out of the PC Northern Europeans that seem bent on self-destruction. We can only pray for her personal safety and continued success in her efforts to awaken those that slumber to the dangers of radical Islam.

24K lady on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM

MalkinFan on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM
24K lady on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM

As I said: Islama delenda est. Any questions?

NemoParticularis on January 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Ali is sure brave,and a sobering interview,If the
claim that Mosques in Britian are worse than Irag,
it seems that the muslim”religious leaders” are
using their mosques as an extension of real estate
as a mini-state of Iran!

After the youth have been brainwashed and the hatred
tweaked just right,these jihads are essential walking
out of the mosque,or as a imageinary border of Iran
and presto right on to their enemys street.
And ditto if it was America or Canada,DUH!

canopfor on January 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Why do you say that? Is he afraid? I have up on BOR a long time ago so I haven’t watched regularly in quite a while so I am curious why you think that.

TheBigOldDog on January 25, 2008 at 10:33 PM

She’s gorgeous.

Chest_Rockwell on January 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

MalkinFan on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM
24K lady on January 25, 2008 at 10:21 PM

As I said: Islama delenda est. Any questions?

NemoParticularis on January 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Yes I have a question, as I am illiterate in whatever that means. Could you tell me please, in English? (Sorry, it is the only language I happen to know, however, if you would prefer Russian, or Japanese, one or another of my kids could translate for me.)

MalkinFan on January 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Watching the Factor now. Can’t wait to see this.

fourstringfuror on January 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM

MalkinFan on January 25, 2008 at 10:43 PM

It’s Latin. A play on “Delenda Est Carthago”, (‘Carthage must be destroyed’), a quote from Cato the Elder, regarding the Third Punic War, which ultimately resulted in Rome indeed destroying Carthage. I’m no Latin scholar but I don’t think the grammar is quite right. Still, you get the meaning.

Vote Sauron 08 on January 25, 2008 at 11:02 PM

I love Ayaan. I gave my god-daughter and her sisters ‘Infidel’ to read.

The big problem is that you can list by name, as Ayaan did, all of the Muslims and ex-Muslims that are standing up and saying that violence is not what Islam should be about. It’s not a large group.

Canadian Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I laughed. Out loud.

MrC_5150 on January 25, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I’ve known of her since Van Gogh’s death and in my view this woman defines eloquence.

jerrytbg on January 25, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Bill O’Reilly touts himself as a “culture warrior” but when it comes to Islamic culture he is oddly silent. He likes to think he doesn’t bow at the alter of political correctness, but in reality he does when it comes to Islam. Sean Hannity it the exact same way when he talks about Islam, they are only trying to save their own skins and jobs. For that reason the only am talker I ever listen to is Neal Boortz, the high priest of the church of the painful truth!

NeverSubmit on January 25, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM

The reason for that is the fact that violence is at the core of Islam, not “radical Islam”, but regular old plain jane Islam.

NeverSubmit on January 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Vote – “The Ayaan Factor, anyone?”

Tony737

“The No Dhimmi Zone”

If only our “leaders” had one-tenth the courage and conviction of this lady.

labrat on January 25, 2008 at 11:34 PM

NeverSubmit on January 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Agreed…….to the shores of Tripoli. We’ve been at war with them almost since our inception. That’s why Jefferson had a copy of the koran. Know thy enemy.

jerrytbg on January 25, 2008 at 11:40 PM

No, but Bill O needs to send his roving, in your face interviewer to those mosques in Great Britain. Scary stuff.

myamphibian on January 25, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Just finished the segment with Ali.

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Religion of Perpetual Outrage will never be happy until all the world has come under submission to Allah.

fourstringfuror on January 25, 2008 at 11:42 PM

She’s so pretty, is she married? If not, I want her to be my wife and I’ll protect her from the extremist who are trying to kill her. Marry me Ayaan!! lol.

BobUSMC on January 26, 2008 at 12:24 AM

It’s great because she is right and she speaks the truth. We are a free country with free speech. That means we can criticize anything at any time including religion. If muslims want to preach that Jesus is not God, then that offensive speech to Christians is allowed in America. If Christians want to write a book, discuss the sexual deviancy of Mohammed, then in America they have to allow that too.

All this talk about pig, and no pig this and no pig that because it offends. . . why is it only now that we hear of it? Jews consider pork to be unclean and forbidden as well, yet no problems from their community concerning the pork industry. Also look at how Hindus revere cows. . . none of them are clamoring for an end to McDonald’s and Burger King.

America REALLY needs to stand up against Islam. And I mean without walking hand in hand with Saudi royalty to gain ‘consensus’ and allies who would prefer us dead if we didn’t give them so much money.

This is a problem that is not going to go away. It is going to get worse, and the government will not protect the people from its encroachment.

Thank you AP for the video.

ThackerAgency on January 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM

I can’t help but wonder if Laura gets the same threats that Ayaan Hirsi Ali does for supporting her efforts to expose and counter radical Islam.

Yakko77 on January 26, 2008 at 12:30 AM

i used to intern at aei, but never got the chance to meet her in person=( i did get the chance to see her speak at a conference, and the strength of her presense in person is 10X that of her presense on tv. hope she stays safe, the world needs more people with her amount of courage.

@nthony_the_gre@t on January 26, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Yakko77 on January 26, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Little doubt she just moved up the list for having Ali on.

jerrytbg on January 26, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Laura and Ayaan Hirsi Ali really “hit the nail on the head” with regard to the Muslim. I cannot think of a better summary of the current state of affairs.

The Left, the ones who propose this “Multi-culturalism” are the ones that will bring great grief on western countries. Western countries should encourage nationalism, pride in western accomplishments, and limit immigration only to those that share their values. The price for not paying attention to this common sense is becoming more apparent – and in my opinion will result in civil war if the Muslim gains strength.

omegaram on January 26, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Fork ‘em if they can’t take a joke, Wilders, -and Hirsi.

Or if they disallow critical analysis.

Primarily about the divergent Koran fragments found in a mosque being repaired in Yemen.

If the “perfect” Koran is a farrago of cobbled-together chunks, then Islam’s fundamental “truth” falls to flinders.

And, with it, everything else Mohammedan, -since that primary dogma is the centerpost of the entire bizarre structure.

An “imperfect” Koran means that Islam is built on a massive delusion.

No kidding.

profitsbeard on January 26, 2008 at 2:02 AM

See this. Remember this. It will be here long before we want it to be, which in my mind, is never. But it will happen, unless we stop it. Which will not happen either. I will be gone before it happens. But it will happen. Our country has already made sure of it. Ya, I am drunk. I cannot spell nor type worth a ====. But even a drunk like me knows when Jihad is comming here and everything that mainstream news can and will do to protect them, they will do. Look now at how they protect Hamas. Look at how they hug every freekin terrorist they can wrap their arms around. Sorry, I am off topic, drunk,, and pissed. Hirsi Al has a place to stay with me anytime she wants, and I would defend her with my life. Drunk or sober, but preferably sober, as I would probubly be of more use then.

MalkinFan on January 26, 2008 at 2:06 AM

BORon has been backsliding in my book ever since that incident with spit-boy Riveriera.

BKennedy on January 26, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Hearing Americans talk about Theo VANGO always cracks me up.

Kim Hartveld on January 26, 2008 at 2:47 AM

So what does her body language tell us?

Vizzini on January 26, 2008 at 3:46 AM

One of the fronts in this war is the military one. The issue of muslims asserting that they can deny freedom of expression is beginning to explode into another front in Europe and Canada because of their large unassimilated muslim populations. Instead of this, we, in the US have the problem of willing suspension of awareness on the part of the likes of Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Murtha and most of the media and most college professors and so on and the list easily passes 50 million.

O’Reilly would say he would have booked her, but who knows the truth. I am sure he is more conserative than not. But his show is more about ratings than ideology. He always carries the latest missing blonde story. And he frequently draws the audience in closer with crusades against crazy judges and corrupt state legislators. And he shines a lot of sunlight in places it has long been lacking. And he needs the high ratings to make that effective. But there’s more sex and tabloid junk than necessary and there’s no excuse for Geraldo. But I’ll bet he’s looked carefully at it and decided that Geraldo boosts ratings.

snaggletoothie on January 26, 2008 at 5:32 AM

“…if you’ve seen one Ayaan interview you’ve seen them all…”

Doesn’t fit your standards, huh? You should be so brave.

tgillian on January 26, 2008 at 7:42 AM

BKennedy on January 26, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Me too.

I think the time slot on Fox News Chnl should be the “Malkin Factor”.

Zorro on January 26, 2008 at 7:53 AM

It’s Latin. A play on “Delenda Est Carthago”, (’Carthage must be destroyed’), a quote from Cato the Elder, regarding the Third Punic War, which ultimately resulted in Rome indeed destroying Carthage. I’m no Latin scholar but I don’t think the grammar is quite right. Still, you get the meaning.

I’m no Latin scholar either – although I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

But seriously, Latin is a remarkably flexible language in which the declensions pretty much tell you what is being said regardless of the order of the words in a sentence. To a speaker of the Latin language, Cartago est delenda, delenda est Cartago and Cartago Delenda est all mean the same thing.

English on the other hand, while the most expressive language in the world that is also the easiest to learn, suffers from a certain fragility with respect to word order and sentence structure.

If you owned a pet feline that you wanted to show to me you would say “Please come and see my house cat.”

However, if you said “Please come and see my cat house,” I’d have to stop at the ATM to draw out some cash.

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Where is Cankles on this issue?

Wade on January 26, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Just more proof positive that various sections of the islamic community still live in the 7th Century and will never evolve, because they are only concerned with stagnation instead of integration with the rest of society.

MSGTAS on January 26, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Both of those ladies are easy on the eye and extremely smart. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a world class brave heart who deserves and needs to be listened to. Ingram should take over for BO much more often as BO has become a poltroon and somewhat boorish — I don’t watch him since he insulted Malkin. These ladies are much more intellgent and factual then the bloviating one.

jimwesty on January 26, 2008 at 9:51 AM

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM

My grandparents would not agree with English being easy to learn. They each spoke five languages and English was the hardest for them to learn. I used to tutor ESL students and none of them found English easy to learn.

Sir Winston made English eloquent. President Kennedy had a wonderful quote about Sir Winston. “In the dark days and darker nights when Britain stood alone — and most men save Englishmen despaired of England’s life — he mobilized the English language and sent it into battle. The incandescent quality of his words illuminated the courage of his countrymen”.

Now to get back on target with the rest of the thread. Ms. Ali always amazes me with her grace and bravery. She is like the canary in the mine, I just hope people listen to her.

Mooseman on January 26, 2008 at 10:40 AM

After a dose of Medved, McCain, Rudiani-Kerik, it’s encouraging to see conservative women taking the mantle: Michelle, Laura, and now, Ms. Ali.

Less O’Really and more Laura please.

saved on January 26, 2008 at 10:44 AM

I love this woman… I hope she becomes a citizen and runs for Congress… She is NOT scared and has no fear of “speaking truth to power”… I can’t think of many current politicians who can claim that.

Gartrip on January 26, 2008 at 10:55 AM

May the Grace of the Lord’s Protection follow you always, Ayaan. amen

“…if you’ve seen one Ayaan interview you’ve seen them all…”

no,….each one is a new cut in a gorgeous diamond called fearlessness….so sit back & snark pal…the moment of courage is right around the corner for all of us & coming to a neighborhood near you soon.
Another fearless Woman also under guard for exposing islam.

lobosan5 on January 26, 2008 at 11:23 AM

How much importance should be attached to the fact that the filmmaker – a guy named Wilder – is a Dutch MP who advocates banning the Koran – even from Mosques.

This is not the sort of fellow I would feel comfortable defending although I agree his film should be seen.

rick moran on January 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I think the main reason Bill wouldn’t book Ayaan is that he has an internal clock which causes him to avoid guests whose answers regularly exceed 6 seconds, the maximum time Bill can go without hearing the sound of his own voice.

eeyore on January 26, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Gartrip,

That would be awesome if she ran for congress and won. It would be VERY interesting to see how the liberals there would react to a death threat or even a murder attempt against an elected U.S. official. Would they THEN show some backbone against the extremist muslim terrorist’s??

And BTW, I love her more than you do. LOL.

BobUSMC on January 26, 2008 at 12:02 PM

God bless Ayaan. She is exactly the type of voice needed to expose Islam’s dark corners that the MSM media needs to hear.

Does anyone know if she has gone on the Today show, The View, any liberal programs? I would love to see a liberal commentator try the moral equivalency garbage with her

FLcapitalistthug on January 26, 2008 at 12:05 PM

rick moran on January 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM

That’s the whole point though. We defend people even those with whom we disagree because we want everyone to be able to express an opinion.

Esthier on January 26, 2008 at 12:55 PM

How much importance should be attached to the fact that the filmmaker – a guy named Wilder – rick moran on January 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Are you really making fun of his name? I bet he wouldn’t name his son Rick, for the record. When did HA readers become a place for restricting free speech? Go read the Constitution dude, specfically the First Amendment. I hear Tehran is really nice this time of year.

FLcapitalistthug on January 26, 2008 at 1:02 PM

lobosan5 on January 26, 2008 at 11:23 AM

thanks for that link, lobosan5!

God bless women like Ayaan and Wafa! May they be safe always!

tickleddragon on January 26, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Wow! Ms. Ali is rather attractive. Super model potential.

ronsfi on January 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM

????????????????
Hirsi

ronsfi on January 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Neither the View nor Bill Moyers or any libs would have Hirsi on. Fifteen or twenty seconds into any clip of her would tell them they would only look like fools in a talk with her. But I can dream. I’d love to see her teach Jon Stewart some respect for truth. But it’s only a dream.

snaggletoothie on January 26, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Offtopic, I know, but I couldn’t resist: Basic spoken English is easy to learn because it has a much simpler structure: most of the verbs are regular with very few changes in the tenses, objects are neither masculine nor feminine, etc.

Written English on the other hand, can be a nightmare for those trying to read it and even worse for those trying to write it.

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Rick doesn’t understand the way European laws work so he says dumb things about true heroes. Wilder is making the point that the Quran would be illegal if you just did what they do at the Religion of Peace website: change the passages about non-Muslims in the Quran to apply to Muslims.

You get ‘hate speech’ ‘religious incitement’ and ‘racism’ aginst the ‘other’. That’s the Quran, Rick, you should try reading it sometime. Note abrogation.

Beagle on January 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Ayaan should be a star guest on Oprah. She’s beautiful, has a strong camera presence and a has faced struggles in life sure to bring the Oprah sheeple to tears.

Of course, the reason she hasn’t been invited has nothing to do with Oprah’s political bias, but just the fact that there’s no free-shit giveaway that would work…thematically.

PC14 on January 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Miss Ali is such an incredibly brave woman.

It is a shame that the bra burners in the National Organization for Women refuse to speak out against the atrocities that Islam inflicts upon it’s female infants, girls, teenagers, and adults. If they would just shut their foul mouths and listen to Miss Ali they might learn something. Alas, hell will freeze over before that happens.

Forget about the old media (MSM). They are irrelevant in America now. They are passe.

Let’s make this little video clip and all of the other clips Miss Ali is in become viral on the blogs. Let’s send it to all of the blogs we know.

If that doofus Chris Crocker can become viral then how much more viral should Miss Ali become?

Larry L. Sharp on January 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

::::It’s Latin. A play on “Delenda Est Carthago”, (’Carthage must be destroyed’), a quote from Cato the Elder, regarding the Third Punic War, which ultimately resulted in Rome indeed destroying Carthage::::

More then just a quote. Even though Carthage had been virtually destroyed in the second punic war (218-201 B.C) by Scipio Afracanus it was able to rebuild itself though its extensive trading. No matter what he was speaking about, politics, taxes or even agriculture, Cato the Elder ended every speech to the senate with “Delenda Est Carthago”. The third Punic War (149-146 B.C.) was so one sided that it was not even funny.

The implication of the statement when quoted is normally that people are calling for the destruction of something that is not really a danger. Cato was mostly just expressing the feeling that many in Rome had. The 15 years Hanibal spent running around Italy unchallenged obviously left deep emotional scares which were passed down thier children so that 50 years later they still wanted Carthage gone.

SilntThnkr on January 26, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Glenn Beck is the only guy on TV who consistently talks about radical islam. Ya have to wonder what happen to O’Reilly.

Interesting to see O’Reilly’s reaction to the Tom Cruise Scientology video. His best friend is a Scientologist. Hmmm. Wonder if it’s Greta.

Just the other night, they were talking about the Arizona democratic cacus and someone mentioned that Bill accused the union of bullying members to vote for Obama. O’Reily replies ‘well I don’t know anything about that’. Huh? It was a big story and for someone like him not to know about it is curious. I think he’s a closest Clinton fan.

Re the islam issue: If he does address it, he has CAIR, MSA, and other horrible muslim group representatives on.

My favorite O’Reily segment is the ‘we’re just covering this celebrity stuff because I think it’s important because of the children, the this, the that, the something. Not because it’s good for ratings.

Hannity & Colmes. What a waste!

hotdax on January 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM

This woman is amazing. I wish old Mike Savage would interview her sometime. They both “get” it.

sanantonian on January 26, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali should hold Karen Hughes’ job in the State Dept.

Entelechy on January 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM

rick moran on January 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Uh, the First Amendment is exactly NOT about what makes one feel “comfortable.”

sanantonian on January 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali should hold Karen Hughes’ job in the State Dept.

Entelechy on January 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Brilliant.

So brilliant, in fact, that i hold out little hope of its ever taking place — and certainly never under the current doltish leadership in the White House/State Department.

sanantonian on January 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM

SilntThnkr on January 26, 2008 at 2:31 PM

An excellent analysis, ST. I have often wondered if the Third Punic War wasn’t at least partly responsible for the origin of the phrase “Three times is a charm.”

The Romans of the Old Republic weren’t stupid people and, unlike Americans today, did not suffer from historical amnesia. Hasdrubal and Hannibal struck mortal terror into their hearts and that terror lasted for generations, compounded by the fact that the Carthaginians worshipped Moloch, a god that demanded the sacrifice of living children. Though pagans, the Romans of that time were, by and large, virtuous people who were appalled by this practice and therefore all the more predisposed to the total eradication of Cathage and all things Carthaginian.

Rather than risk the possibility that Carthage might once more become a mortal threat, Rome acted logically: she obliterated her old enemy once and for all time.

We are well advised by the wisdom of the ages to do likewise to Islam.

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM

so, any of you fan boys still giving to her bodyguard fund?

tlynch001 on January 26, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Man, she’s at least 40 camels. I would love to marry her and her sister and brother, if he is under 11 years old. My current wife is old and can no longer give me children to marry. Ayaan would look so hot walking 6 paces behind me, in a bag.

2Tru2Tru on January 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Re: Exit question

BOR is nothing but a blowhard tool, use him when you can, drop him when you must. (and remember, always give him the “second digit.”)

second digit on January 26, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Wow! Ms. Ali is rather attractive. Super model potential.

ronsfi on January 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I’m….not sure if you’re being facetious or not, but Ayaan is, IMO, just absolutely beautiful. Couple that with her intelligence, I think I’m somewhat in love with her.

Vyce on January 26, 2008 at 5:28 PM

More than pretty, she’s brilliant besides. Nobody can question her identity politics right to speak either.

Beagle on January 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM

We are well advised by the wisdom of the ages to do likewise to Islam.

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I’m not really down with killing women and children. Silly weakness of mine.

tlynch001 on January 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I sincerely hope there’s some plan somewhere. I’ve had exp with islam from some three decades ago and they are certainly quickening the pace for domination.

jerrytbg on January 26, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I’m not really down with killing women and children. Silly weakness of mine. – tlynch001 on January 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM

In that case, unless you are prepared to convert to Islam or live in dhimmitude, I suggest you prepare to die.

But it needn’t go to genocidal extremes. We certainly can spare the women – I’m sure they will welcome freedom from burkhas and clitorectomies.

As for the children…we can baptize them.

Any other questions?

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Today Geert Wilders told newspaper Telegraaf some details about his movie.

“The movie is not just about the Koran but also happens inside the Koran. The edges of the book remain visible all the time. Inside these edges will be shown images of what the Koran verses prescribe.” says Geert Wilders.

The openings shot of the movie (see picture above) shows on the left side a Koran and on the right the text; “Warning: this book contains shocking images”. “This Koran”, Wilders told the news paper, “I bought on a recent trip to Israel in East Jerusalem”.

After the openings shot, Wilders explains, the book opens. The viewer will be shown images from different sources. A beheading in Iraq, a stoning in Iran or an execution in Saudi Arabia under the sharia law. “Who thinks that’s shocking, shouldn’t blame me, but the people who perpetrated such things”

heroyalwhyness on January 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Ayaan Hirsi Ali = Class Act

Lawrence on January 28, 2008 at 9:19 AM

NemoParticularis on January 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Snipping out a few of Nemo’s particulars:

It was precisely because of their disregard for history and abandonment of virtuousness that Rome fell. They were probably at times virtuous people, such as during their tenure under Constantine, but they generally embraced slavery, subjugation of non-citizens, and a wide range of decadent and opulent life styles that led to their culture rotting from the inside out. (Which is pretty much what we are trying to do with our American culture today).

As far as warring with Carthage, it was primarily a war of power and of control over the Mediterranean Sea regions. Rome didn’t give a rat’s posterior about what the Carthaginians worshiped as long as Rome ruled economic trade in the Mediterranean.

Lawrence on January 28, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Why does Laura act so shocked and surprised? I find here attitude a little condescedning… she damn well knows the answers to the questions she’s asking…

max1 on January 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM