Open borders advocate Juan Hernandez has joined the McCain campaign Updated

posted at 8:00 am on January 25, 2008 by Bryan

John McCain says that he has heard the American people and now understands that we need to secure the border before enacting any “comprehensive” immigration reform. But John McCain has also said that he hasn’t changed his position. He supported amnesty in 2003 by name, proposed it in 2006 and 2007 without calling it amnesty, and says that anyone who says that he ever supported amnesty is a liar. He has insulted Americans who advocate border security and has cursed at the thought of building a border fence. Which of all of these is the real John McCain? The presence of Juan Hernandez in the background of the McCain campaign tells me that John McCain is as weak on border security now as he ever was.

Old school Hot Air readers might remember Dr. Juan Hernandez. He’s a dual citizen of the US and Mexico, was a member of Vicente Fox’s government, and is as open borders as you can get. In December 2006, Michelle hosted the Factor and the producers decided to see what it would be like to put her and Hernandez on the show together. “Chummy” does not describe the atmosphere.

At the time of this argument, SeeDubya caught Hernandez telling a whopper about illegal aliens and identity theft.

Here’s a photo of him, found on McCain’s daughter Meghan’s blog. It’s from the December 10, 2007 blog entry titled “Univision Debate Gallery,” 7th photo down.

07.jpg

That’s Hernandez, Meghan McCain and adviser Mark McKinnon in the photo. He apparently joined the McCain campaign without much fanfare in November 2007.

Of Mexicans who move to the US, Hernandez has said:

“I want the third generation, the seventh generation, I want them all to think ‘Mexico first.’”

These are Americans that Hernandez is talking about. Does John McCain agree that they should always “think ‘Mexico first?’” That’s the man who began serving as John McCain’s “Hispanic Outreach Directo” last year. Is there any reason that anyone should think open borders fanatic Dr. Hernandez wants President McCain to secure the border? Is there any reason that anyone should trust a man to secure the border if he is getting his “Hispanic Outreach” advice from Dr. Juan Hernandez?

Update: Michelle has a lot more on this story.

Dr. Juan Hernandez, McCain Hispanic outreach director: “We must not only have a free flow of goods and services, but also start working for a free flow of people.”

(photo copyright Heather Brand)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Juan: My Friend

John: My Friend

Just close your eyes and listen, they both are saying the same thing!

Bicyea on January 25, 2008 at 8:10 AM

Typical McCain. Whatever the conservative base wants he is against. Then again, liberals and moderates are against open borders so it is safe to say that McCain simply lives in his own world which he wants to impose on everyone else.

GogglesPisano on January 25, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Who cares if they “think mexico first”? After we form our sister organization to the EU(the North American Union or whatever we’ll call it)..what will it matter? In fact why do we even need borders at all? We won’t.

Could it really be all about $50hr lettuce picking?

HaraldHardrada on January 25, 2008 at 8:12 AM

¡Viva rebelde!

Slublog on January 25, 2008 at 8:14 AM

People from Arizona, like myself, truly know how awful McCain is as a Senator, an American, and a Presidential hopeful.

Be very suspicious of any Republican candidate that a left-wing newspaper/org endorses. They are endorsing him/her because they more closely align with the Liberal mindset than any unnamed conservative.

Neo on January 25, 2008 at 8:16 AM

McCain cannot be trusted. Yeah, he “heard” the American public regarding amnesty, but guess what? He doesn’t care!

Oink on January 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Good Lord. More and more, it looks like I’m going to stay home in November. I will not vote for that man. I can’t do it. Can anyone give me on reason — one single reason — why it would be important for conservatives to get out and vote for this man?

Rational Thought on January 25, 2008 at 8:24 AM

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And we’re surprised by this?

Viva la Romney!!!

Gartrip on January 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Not to mention Mark McKinnon is as liberal as liberal gets. John McCain is a liberal. Can someone, anyone name one conservative stand the dam liberal has taken besides an agressive national security policy? [Agressive only when compared to his Democrat partners] Can’t do it, eh? A vote for John ‘the mexican’ McCain will be a welcome to President Hillary Clinton who’ll put McCain in some dilbert cabinet position and scream… see, I’m bipartison as it gets. And then Johnny boy will say… I’ve always welcomed cooperation amongst Washington’s finest and together we’ll make this country a better land for our children. Meanwhile outback an illegal alien will be raping your 12 year old daughter.

Griz on January 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Just listen to Hernandez. That is what a REAL snake oil salesman sounds like.

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I hate, hate, hate this guy. He is such a scheister, “my friend”.
Is McCain even trying to win the nomination? Not that I really care because he lost me forever after the banana bill but seriously, Juan is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Is he a Moooslim?

Geronimo on January 25, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Birds of an open border feather flock together. I would’ve been surprised if Dr. Hernandez had NOT supported Maverick in some way.

Kid from Brooklyn on January 25, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Meghan McCain is hot.

Purple Fury on January 25, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Off Topic….

Hillary is caught mugging with Tony “Slum Lord” Rezko.

Hillary tries to slough it off, but Fox makes the point that you don’t get a pic with the president without having a serious connection to him.

Back to topic,

McCain is a bald faced liar and these lies are going to catch up to him. Mitt is already nailing McCain for his lies in his newest ad.

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:41 AM

WHEN HILLARY IS ELECTED PRESIDENT, WILL HOT AIR APOLOGIZE TO REPUBLICANS FOR COSTING THEM THE WHITE HOUSE BY RIPPING MCCAIN APART. McCain is not perfect, but he’s no phony like Romney who CANNOT WIN!

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Ugh. What a sleazy phony this guy is. It’s so discouraging to think that his point of view is taken seriously by any American politician, much less a Republican presidential candidate.

Priscilla on January 25, 2008 at 8:46 AM

If McCain would just say ‘troops out of Iraq’ too he would have a shot at the Democrat nomination too!

DavidM on January 25, 2008 at 8:46 AM

How in the world can there be any question that after last night’s debate, and this photo and video, and the New York Times endorsement, that Florida has to step up and wipe McCain out of this selection process, and give Mitt the boost that he need for Super Tuesday. If you haven’t been convinced by now, you never will.

kflynn on January 25, 2008 at 8:46 AM

KEEP IT UP YOU IDIOTS, YOU WILL BE SAYING “PRESIDENT CLINTON” IN JANUARY!

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:48 AM

McCain and Clinton have the same open borders views on immigration so really there’s no difference between them on a very important issue.Juan Hernandez in the McCain campaign speaks volumes.Geraldo also said this morning he agrees with McCain on the issues especially illegal immigration that along with the New York Times endorsing McCain tells everyone all they need to know about McCain.I rest my case.

PTN 39 on January 25, 2008 at 8:51 AM

To The Chosen One. I’ve never met a Liberal, like you, who would stand up to a fight. Look me up when you are on Cape Cod the next time.

kflynn on January 25, 2008 at 8:52 AM

“PRESIDENT MITT ROMNEY”, YEAH RIGHT AND HIS NINE FIRST LADIES.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Open borders Clinton,open borders McCain!The illegal immigration issue is important to many folks including my family and friends we will NEVER vote for McCain or donate one red cent!

PTN 39 on January 25, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Hey Kflynn, when we have universal health care shoved down our throats, our troops pulled out of the mideast which will start a genocide, and the budget broken from pork barrel spending, will you look back and say your sorry?

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Congratulations Allah!

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM

YEAH RIGHT AND HIS NINE FIRST LADIES.
THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:53 AM

You sound like Fred Phelps lite.

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:57 AM

I don’t like to engage in ad hominem attacks but this guy makes my skin crawl. He looks like a smarmy pimp.
When MM disappeared from The Factor I knew it had to do with Geraldo. I figured she asked O’Reilley to do the right thing and O’R just backed Geraldo because he has a bigger name and so would bring O’R higher ratings. It’s gotten so I watch The Factor about 92% less since then. It’s really only good when Miller is on.

snaggletoothie on January 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Romney will beat Hillary down in a debate. No question.

Geronimo on January 25, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Yes, Juanita is an open border amnesty fool but why does he hand out Makaca cookies?

TheSitRep on January 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM

“PRESIDENT MITT ROMNEY”, YEAH RIGHT AND HIS NINE FIRST LADIES.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Your ignorance is astounding.

Geronimo on January 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Hey pal, I don’t live in fear, and I put my money where my mouth is. Do the same if you have any.

kflynn on January 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM

kflyn is a DU or dKos Hillary plant.

roninacreage on January 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM

More about Juan Hernandez:

*******
Indeed, President Fox and his advisers are already reaping the fruits envisaged by the Plan. They have appointed as special liaison to Mexicans abroad a man who is a case study of the hazards to America of tolerating dual citizenship.

Born in Fort Worth, Texas to an American mother and a father from Guanajuato, light-haired, blue-eyed Juan Hernandez traded his job running the Mexican-American studies program at the University of Texas-Dallas for a more exciting post in the Mexican cabinet selling Americans the idea that all Mexicans are good, and the more Mexicans the better.

Interviewed in Mexico City, Hernandez said recently:

I think these Mexicans who are crossing the border to the United States, legally or illegally, are the new American pioneers. These are wonderful people. They would not be risking their lives for better jobs if they were not. (The Boston Globe, MEXICO OFFICIAL PUSHES POSITIVE IMAGE OF MIGRATION June 13, 2001[Pay archive])

Since taking his new job, Hernandez has been lobbying hard for full amnesty for all Mexicans already in the United States illegally and for guest-worker programs to export still more Mexicans to the United States. He spins Fox’s proposals as a “win-win” for both countries, claiming that they are not simply a safety valve for Mexico and that American acquiescence would alleviate most problems at the border.
[…]
Recently, through Hernandez, the Mexican government signed an agreement with LULAC to work together on issues of interest to Mexicans in the United States. High on the list, of course, is the continued wrecking of American immigration laws and their enforcement.

This formal political pact between a sovereign foreign government and a domestic American special interest group has drawn not a peep from any U.S. official.
[…]
Juan Hernandez is supremely confident, even cocky, in recent U.S. op-eds and television appearances. On June 7th, in USA Today, he said what is all too obvious to anyone who will pay attention:

“Mexico knows where it wants to go even more clearly than the United States knows where it wants to go.”

That evening, on Nightline, he made it even clearer for us:

“We are betting that the Mexican-American population in the United States … will think Mexico first.”


********

What place will Mr. Mexico First have in McCain’s Administration? We need to know.

Redhead Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Too bad the MSM will ignore this as long as possible.

But just on style, that limp-wrist with the funny hat, what’s up with that?? Mr. Conservative surrounding himself with these two?

Spartacus on January 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

You know if you just go back about six or seven years in Mitt’s history, you can find all kinds of liberal views. However, most conservatives won’t bother to look because they hate Johhny Mac so bad, they could care less. So anyone on this thread who thinks by benching McCain you get a “True Conservative” in Romney, you are full of it.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Oink on January 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM

You’re exactly right, Oink.

McCain is perfectly willing to cede our sovereignty, our jobs, and everything else we have, to Mexico. The presence of the despicable Hernandez in his campaign says it all.

I don’t understand why Romney isn’t hitting McCain a lot harder on this issue. He’d have a much bigger lead in Florida right now if he’d run a few commercials there showing McCain’s REAL positions on amnesty.

AZCoyote on January 25, 2008 at 9:06 AM

A political cartoon in my local paper says it best!

so true – the real meaning of McCain(R)

Onager on January 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM

I’ve been a 25 year loyal Republican; i.e. have NEVER pulled a lever for a Democrat. But if McCain gets the GOP nomination, I’m done. If Obama is the nominee vs. “maverick”, I’m voting Obama. If Hilderbeast is up against “maverick”, I’m not voting. I’ll take 50% of my assets and put them into cash, stock up my home like a perpetual hurricane season, and pray the country can still be salvaged in 2012.

Sugar Land on January 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM

NAIL in coffin.
JH is one of the guys I least respect. An immigration shill, never heard a word I could trust from the guy…but he does have a great smile, and great hair, tall, women think he is good looking.
He has absolutely no respect for our borders, none. This is a man who feels Mexico has done no wrong, and any problems on the border are caused by U.S. actions, or inactions, take your pick.
McCain, you are a bigger fool then I ever imagined.

right2bright on January 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Bycea #1 – Shouldn’t that be

Juan – My Friend
John – Mi Amigo

Just wondering (grin)

golfer1 on January 25, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Will Mitt bring this to light?

He has more gold to mine against McCain than Obama against the Clintons. These incompetents deserve to lose.

Valiant on January 25, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Yet another reason why NOT to vote for McCain The Pain.

pilamaye on January 25, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Juan Hernandez McCain

EJDolbow on January 25, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Just listen to Hernandez. That is what a REAL snake oil salesman sounds like.

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:29 AM

That says it all, cs.

I wondered what happened to Hernandez. He was showing up on several Fox shows quite a bit last summer making the open borders argument.

He’s more than a snake oil salesman. He’s a liar and doesn’t give a crap about our sovreignity. I recall once when he was asked why Mexico had such a harsh policy against Guatemalan illegal immigrants, he just denied it. Even when faced with evidence and facts, he just smiled and denied it.

This ought to be a big deal and damaging to McCain, but it probably won’t be. Any candidate who would take immigration policy advice from a shill like Juan is certainly not someone we can trust with border security.

BacaDog on January 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Why don’t we all as conservatives rip Bush for the open borders policy. Eight years of a free flow, but no conservative revolt. Oh I see, since he’s conservative on other issues like abortion, defense, etc. so let’s not condemn him one bit. But get McCain? Genius, pure genius! I want to win you idiots! Romney wins the nomination and we all lose. Why is that so hard to see?

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM

“PRESIDENT MITT ROMNEY”, YEAH RIGHT AND HIS NINE FIRST LADIES.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 8:53 AM

If they look like Jeri, it would be worth it.

right2bright on January 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM

I’m not the first to point this out but – Meghan’s a looker.

Hendo on January 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM

We did rip Bush. Use the word “idiots” in either lower case or ALL CAPS one more time on this board and you’re history.

Bryan on January 25, 2008 at 9:23 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM

This post is a joke, right?
You don’t get out and read much do you, you just post stupid comments?
Search the archives, and you will find plenty of anger at Bush, and his buddies on immigration.
So now slither back to your rock in troll land.

right2bright on January 25, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Sugar Land

I’m leaning that direction too.

Actually pulling the lever – er punching the card in my state – for Obama might send me into cardiac arrest.

Hendo on January 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM

McCain is a two-faced open border/amnesty liar.
He is no better than the Clintons in that he will do or say anything to get the nomination. Of course, so are all of the remaining Republican candidates. We are left with a pathetic bunch of losers.

I pray for a Republican convention that is open, Fred! is nominated from the floor, gets nominated, wins the general election and saves this country. NEVER GIVE UP !!

So maybe I AM crazy !!

OBX Pete on January 25, 2008 at 9:26 AM

We can’t let this guy win the nomination.

WisCon on January 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Remember Vladimir Posner? He was a Russian commie raised in NYC who was always on Nightline in the late ’80′s. He spoke perfect American and knew the US very well. I always thought that giving him a pulpit was treasonous, since he was not just giving his opinion but the USSR’s party line.

If McCain has actually hired Hernandez, or even takes advice from him, I’m sorry but it washes out his entire career. He starts from scratch where he is now, and where he is now (if Hernandez has been invited into McCain’s campaign) is a sellout. It’s little different from someone having hired Posner as a foreign policy advisor in 1986, while claiming to be a patriot. This, if true, is the final nail in the coffin of McCain’s conservative bona fides.

Akzed on January 25, 2008 at 9:30 AM

If any of you McCain haters out there have any guts or integrity, you will read the Medved article on the home page. I doubt most will, because they have there minds made up that McCain’s a liberal and Romney(The biggest phony I’ve every seen) is a conservative. PLEASE WISE UP SOON SO WE DON’T HAVE “PRESIDENT CLINTON”. The stakes are way to high for neocons to carry a grudge.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Lord, please guide the Republican voters to reject McCain,

In Christ’s Name,

Amen

Tim Burton on January 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

I did and it was BS spin.

Tim Burton on January 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Why don’t you just deal with the facts in the post?

Bryan on January 25, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Chosen… getting shorter… hairier… peaking out from under bridge…

Akzed on January 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Just boot him already. He’s obviously either playing the troll, willfully ignorant or intellectually dishonest, any of which are enough to be shown the door.

Jason Coleman on January 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

I’m a paleocon with a huge grudge against the liberal neocons. Both McCain and Romney will destroy conservatism in the GOP- Mcstain more so.

Valiant on January 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM

If John McCain can’t get votes from American citizens, he will try to get them from Mexican citizens.

Rode Werk on January 25, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Medved article on the home page.
You need to do a little investingating of your preciuos Medved. He was a way left liberal hippy who marched in the 60′s shouting the BS. He supossedly converted to conservatism but his liberalness is floating to the surface once again.

kcd on January 25, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Judging by his sentence structure and syntax – and frenetic volume – Chosen is about 12 years old. Shouldn’t he be in school or something? Or is this a snow day for him?

Redhead Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Congratulations Allah!

csdeven on January 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Heh. This falls under the very large category of “Be Careful What You Wish For”…

Jaibones on January 25, 2008 at 9:44 AM

What will you all say when Hillary is President? Will there be any remorse? Will there be any sense of responsibility? I doubt it. You can all sit around and pat each other on the back for stopping “Maverick”. It will feel good for about a few months until your taxes go up. Then they start construction on the Woodstock Museum. Next, you’ll see Bill jetsettin’ around the world on the hunt for a nice piece of tail. Do I have to paint this out for you people. Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

If someone will bring this to light and pound it home.

kcd on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Medved was all for the amnesty bill too, big time. I stopped listening to his radio show during my hour drive home because of his blatant misrepresentation of that bill and its opponents, and I was a fan of his since I read his first book in the ’70′s. If he’s shilling for McAmnesty now it’s sad but it ain’t surprising.

Akzed on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Illegal immigration is the official welfare program of the Mexican government.

Poverty is almost always created by government and can only be ended by government ending socialism, corruption unleashing the people.

I say we deport Amnesty McCain. (Heck, toss in the New York Slimes while we are at it.)

The Rock on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

The Chosen brings some comic relief with his posts, and he imitates McCain’s favorite toy; the pinata.

kflynn on January 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Very nice Redhead Infidel. You can’t debate topics with any clarity, so resort to genius ridicule regarding grammer and syntax. It doesn’t suprise me that you are not a Mccain fan, that actually makes sense.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Dear Douchebag, I don’t know what (dKos) blog environment you came from (DU), but here most of the commenters can read, and some (Enrique) are nuanced in the art of proper grammar (Harald – same as grammer). So your all-caps, all-bold special effects will not be necessary.

Your stupidity will be tolerated, otherwise. After all, we already deal with MB4…

Jaibones on January 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Since anyone who likes Johhny Mac is a liberal, can we please start bashing Schwarzkopf please. Even I want to see this one.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM

That’s “fanatico” B.

JiangxiDad on January 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Prescient.

Jaibones on January 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

You know what, your right. BUT to most TRUE conservatives, a vote for McCain is just as bad as a vote for Hillary! Get it??!! MCCAIN IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE.

kcd on January 25, 2008 at 9:50 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:49 AM

That’s better. And a very good point.

Jaibones on January 25, 2008 at 9:50 AM

I’m not the one shouting at the top of my voice for attention, Chosen. That would be you.

You do know what ALL CAPS is, don’t you?

And if you think you’re debating anything with “clarity”, let me inform you that shouting your delusions doesn’t make them true.

Redhead Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 9:50 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

I’ve lost a lot of respect for Medved based on his “amnesty” position. He refuses to acknowledge the many good points his callers bring about regarding this issue. He, for whatever reason, has blinders on when it comes to this issue.

In regards to you, you seem to be a bit unhinged. Stop insulting HotAir readers… and when you use terms like “neocons” to describe people who disagree with you, I have no choice but to believe that you are a Grade A Troll.

Here’s a hint. You draw more flies with honey than vinegar.

Nineball on January 25, 2008 at 9:51 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

If Hillary wins it will be because Republicans didn’t have the guts or the brains to nominate the best candidate. We get the government we deserve.

Besides, McCain is not the only person in the world that can save us from Hillary.

Anyone want to startup a conservative party?

Hendo on January 25, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Anyone want to startup a conservative party?

Hendo on January 25, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I’m in.

kcd on January 25, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Thank you kcd. You are the man. In a sea of bs, you stand alone. The only conservative who will at least admit honestly that he would rather lose than vote McCain. I wish your conterparts here had a sliver of your courage.

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Jaibones on January 25, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I never disagree with you. However, I would like to gently point out that Ms. E. has worked wonders. There is more MB4 and less Mark Twain these days, and a surprisingly wry, “curmudgeonly”, and entertaining voice has emerged, imho.

JiangxiDad on January 25, 2008 at 9:55 AM

MKcCain is not fit for POTUS because he supports the corruption illegals import into the US.

saiga on January 25, 2008 at 9:55 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:45 AM

There would be little to no difference between McCain and Billary. Except Johnny-boy would continue to spend our money in Iraq. I say, if everything is going to go to he11 then let it all go. The recovery will be sooner that way.

Griz on January 25, 2008 at 9:57 AM

I would love to hear Medved explain this away. I know he supported the amnesty bill but you cannot spin the anger of Republicans and Conservatives toward McCain on the immigration issue with this joker in McCain’s camp. Can’t be done period.

libhater on January 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Thanks to Mark Levin for this partial synopsis of McAmnesty’s far left position on issues:

McCain-Feingold — the most brazen frontal assault on political speech since Buckley v. Valeo.

McCain-Kennedy — the most far-reaching amnesty program in American history.

McCain-Lieberman — the most onerous and intrusive attack on American industry — through reporting, regulating, and taxing authority of greenhouse gases — in American history.

McCain-Kennedy-Edwards — the biggest boon to the trial bar since the tobacco settlement, under the rubric of a patients’ bill of rights.

McCain-Reimportation of Drugs — a significant blow to pharmaceutical research and development, not to mention consumer safety (hey Rudy, pay attention, see link).

Akzed on January 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM

I’m sorry, but after checking out that website, all I can say is: Screw Juan Hernández. Hi there, Meghan McCain.

Baphomet on January 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM

OK, that’s the last straw.

I had resigned myself to supporting McCain in the Florida primary a few weeks ago based upon three things:
1) No viable real conservatives running (sorry, Fredheads)
2) McCain seems like the best-qualified candidate for Commander in Chief
3) I thought he had sincerely learned his lesson on immigration last summer.

This Hernandez guy, however, is beyond the pale. It’s as damning an indicator of McCain’s candidacy as the bunch of crooks that Hillary has raising money for her (ref: Hsu).

So…without much enthusiasm, but maybe that will change over the next few months…Go Mitt! Romney ’08!!!

Anton on January 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Dang, you are one nasty little taco.

Do you have to be nasty to support Juan McCain first or do they provide nasty classes for you to take after you sign up?

EJDolbow on January 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Oh no, I’m such a poor simpleton… wow is me…
My simplistic mind says that illegal actions should be punished… oh no, why don’t I understand the higher enlightened state of McCain and Hernandez. Where, oh where, can I find enlightenment to illuminate the darkness of my simple mind. Help me find my way out of my dumbness, oh great McCain…

bocalocaj on January 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Hi there, Meghan McCain.

Now that’s funny.

JiangxiDad on January 25, 2008 at 10:02 AM

THE CHOSEN ONE on January 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Wrong AGAIN Chosen One. First I am “the woman”, second if the noms are Hillary & McCain, conservatives lose if either are voted in.

kcd on January 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Chosen One:

I don’t know if you’re a troll or just really, really wired on caffeine this morning, but for God’s sake tell me how a McCain presidency will look different than a Hillary presidency. You keep threatening us with Hillary. What is the difference?! I don’t see it. McCain and Hillary walk together on virtually every serious issue of the day. If we’re going to have a liberal president screwing up the nation, I’d rather it be a liberal democrat president. And as to your question about why we didn’t give GWB the smackdown for his liberal positions, observe the defeat of his proposal for amnesty…and the 2006 midterms for which many conservatives stayed home. It wouldn’t take courage to vote for McCain, it would take capitulation. Again, tell me (in all caps if you like) how his presidency would differ from Hillary’s.

Rational Thought on January 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Anton on January 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Please spread the news to your FL buds. Can you reach a couple of thousand by tomorrow?

JiangxiDad on January 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Akzed

You need to add the following:

Buying into the Global warming hoax
No drilling in Anwar
Wants to closing Gitmo
No Waterboarding
Voting against the Bush tax cuts that did wonders for the economy and lowered the deficits (as tax cuts always do!)
And on and on!!!!

libhater on January 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM

error, by Tuesday?

JiangxiDad on January 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM

The PINATA was popped.

kflynn on January 25, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Washington Times today, via AoSHQ: McCain Vs. McCain

McCain vs. McCain: On illegal immigration, Mr. McCain said that anyone who says he supported amnesty is “a liar” and says he has “never” supported Social Security benefits for illegals. However, in 2006 and 2007, he joined with Ted Kennedy to support Senate bills that would have granted amnesty to millions of illegals. In 2006, Mr. McCain denounced in a floor speech and cast the deciding vote against an amendment by Sen. John Ensign, Nevada Republican, that would have denied Social Security benefits to illegals who work under a Social Security number obtained through identity fraud. He cosponsored the Dream Act providing in-state tuition for illegal-alien college students, but, in the face of intense opposition to the bill from grass-roots conservatives, Mr. McCain announced that he would have voted against the legislation had he been in attendance when it was voted on late last year (he was absent).

There’s more concerning campaign finance, abortion, judicial appointments, taxes and spending, and environmental issues.

Redhead Infidel on January 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM

LibHater,

Even better:

From Michelle: “…the top individual recipient of Indian gaming money during election 2000 was none other than anti-soft money crusader Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who sits on the Senate Committee of Indian Affairs.”

That’s right, Juan McCain gets tons of dough from Indian casinos tribes, and (can you believe it?!) they aren’t covered by McCain/Feingold. How’d that happen? I’m sure that as soon as McCain found this out he patched that loophole right up.

Akzed on January 25, 2008 at 10:10 AM