McCain: I’ve always been for tax cuts, except for the ones I vote against

posted at 1:30 pm on January 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

A tasty sandwich for you from this morning’s Fox & Friends. The meat is Maverick’s comically nuanced profession of fiscal conservatism, the bread his slightly too intense insistence that he’s ready for tonight’s debate and the surreal Rambo outro. (Speaking of which.)

Ah well. Success breeds success. Or does it? I guess “success” is a relative term

Update: More from the interview. What, oh what, is a man to do who’s despised by huge portions of his base and suspected of not being a real conservative? Is there anyone he can attack to prove his bona fides? Any convenient punching bag at hand?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

oh yeah, I had a blonde moment thanks.

Buttercup on January 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Well at least Putin would be safe anyway as he is the President of Germany or so I’m told.

MB4 on January 24, 2008 at 2:00 PM

He-He-he

kcd on January 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Screw Rambo and Norris. Who does John McClane endorse?

infidel on January 24, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Better yet, who would JOHN WAYNE endorse?

Brass Pair on January 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM

In case anyone’s curious about the awkward way McCain is raising his arms in the screencap, he can’t raise his arms above his height due to injuries sustained as a POW.

RightOFLeft on January 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM

RightOfLeft – Did you know that John Kerry served in Vietnam (for a whole 3 months)?

This isn’t about McCain’s service in Vietnam, it’s about being the Republican party’s candidate for President of the United States!

MCPO Airdale on January 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM

MCPO Airdale on January 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I wasn’t making any kind of political statement. I just thought the screencap was in poor taste.

RightOFLeft on January 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Why do celebrities come out with political opinions just before movie releases?

I’m a huge Stallone fan, but with all this McCain talk, I might just wait for the Rambo DVD instead of the opening night viewing I was planning.

Disappointing.

Dorvillian on January 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM

“I was for the tax cuts before I was against them”. Hmmm…that has a familiar ring to it.

kcd on January 24, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Fight for everything E. Thats how we got where we are in the first place.

Zetterson on January 24, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Let’s – while it’s still not too late. Maybe it isn’t the darkest hour, yet. You’re a good one Zetterson :)

Entelechy on January 24, 2008 at 6:27 PM

But more importantly, national numbers don’t matter…

Zetterson on January 24, 2008 at 2:49 PM

They will next November…
You can point to any number of individuals who have beaten the odds, I can point to many others that were the odds.
It is different now, the margin between Dems and Repubs are very narrow, and I am saying McCain will pull in more middle of the roaders, fence sitters than Mitt…I don’t like McCain, but all of the numbers you want to ignore say that…and if you don’t think the candidates don’t read national polls, you are seriously mistaken. Why do you think Mitt had changed his position on so many issues in the past several months? Because he had some epiphany? Or because his polls told him to. Why has McCain switched on immigration, because he knows he was wrong? Or because the very obvious (the ones you want to ignore) told him he better. His mistake? He didn’t look at the national polls…

right2bright on January 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Entelechy on January 24, 2008 at 6:27 PM

:) Thanks and you too E. Keep that chin up. I can see the future and its… uh… not as bad is it could have been.

Have a good night ladies and gents. Good arguments today.

Zetterson on January 24, 2008 at 8:04 PM

I’ve always been for tax cuts?
I never supported amnesty?

Come on, people! Four years ago, we were opposing Kerry for these same sort of flip-flops!

ToddonCapeCod on January 24, 2008 at 10:07 PM