Good news for Cowboy fans!

posted at 11:59 am on January 24, 2008 by Bryan

Two bits of good news for fans of America’s Team. First, Hitler gets to wear that TO jersey with pride because the NFL’s most egotistical WR is staying in Dallas.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones plans to pay Terrell Owens’ $3 million roster bonus, which means the All-Pro wide receiver will be back for the final season of his three-year, $25 million contract.

“Yes, we are going to have Terrell back,” Jones said Tuesday at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

Jones added that a contract extension for Owens is something he would consider “down the line.”

Owens finished with 81 catches for 1,355 yards and a team-record 15 touchdown receptions.

Sorry Cowboy haters. TO seems to have grown up.

Want some more good news (or bad, depending on what you think of the Boys)? Tony Romo has dumped the blonde.

Dallas Cowboys star Tony Romo has reportedly dumped Jessica Simpson, who was widely blamed for costing him a shot at the Super Bowl.

“Tony is now starting to blame her himself,” a pal told OK! magazine. “Before dating Jessica, he was Texas’ golden boy. Now he’s become a joke.”

A few days after the Giants bounced the Cowboys from the playoffs, Romo called the “Dukes of Hazzard” star to tell her their romance was over.

“He said he thought it was better if they went back to being friends,” a pal of hers said.

Why couldn’t they have had this discussion before the Giants debacle?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The loss wasn’t Tony’s fault and if you think otherwise, you simply cannot be trusted as an analyst (as Hugh likes to say.)
Dhornertx on January 24, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Boo frkn hoo. Here’s what you can’t trust: the Cowboys to win a playoff game. It’s only been eleven years since they won one. Eleven glorious years.

Akzed on January 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM

I think some people are taking this whole post a little too seriously.

I think you may have taken my comment a little too seriously.
But it is pathetic in that Tampa Bay-era Vinnie Testaverde “I’m color blind!” “I hate my wife!” vein of patheticness.

MayBee on January 24, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Who cares about the Dallas Goat Ropers, lets see some more of Jessica!

leanright on January 24, 2008 at 1:19 PM

I don’t blame him for the frustration either, but I am saying that a team feeds of the QB. The calm and confident usually win.

It’s never a good idea to yell at your offensive line in the middle of a possession. Romo lost his cool. And as you mentioned his happy feet, it makes it that more difficult to block for a QB who is unpredictable.

sweeper on January 24, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Akzed on January 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM

You’re banned!!!!!11!!

(kidding)

Bryan on January 24, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Bryan on January 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Give me a break! Luckman, Baugh, Unitas, Starr, Dawson, Tarkington, Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, Farve, Manning, the list is endless. Brady is nothing but H-Y-P-E. Heck, put Elvis Grbac in that system and even HE would do well.

Oh yeah and to the Raider fan, if you think your life sucks try being a Griefs fan. Two words trump all, “Herman Edwards”. Can I get some amens you Jets fans?

srhoades on January 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Who cares?

The majority of football fans want nothing more than to see the Patriots get beat. If the Giants should beat them, the Giants could be the new “America’s Team.”

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Then the “majority” of football fans will be greatly dissapointed when the Giants fall, and the Patriots continue the dynasty that is The New England Patriots Dynasty.

They are winners, and America loves winners. Plus they’re the freakin’ Patriots. How can they NOT be America’s Team?

BKennedy on January 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM

srhoades on January 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM

18-0 and he’s nothing by hype. Now I have really and truly heard everything. You discredit yourself by not putting three-time Super Bowl winning QB Troy Aikman on that list of yours anyway.

Bryan on January 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Must be a liberal, he has the “victim” mentality down.

Anything that caused him problems was a result of his own choices….

Fuzzball on January 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I am a Packer fan and my son’s heart belongs to the Detroit Cry’ns. I have a lot of my son’s money.

leanright on January 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Jessica Simpson ranks up there with Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and the Evil Britney as the Top Pop Tarts that I would very much like to see go the heck away and never show their faces or their other assets in public ever again.

pilamaye on January 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM

all I can say is that we Browns fans weep at your tragic suffering

[/sarcasm off]

scottm on January 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM

So, the ‘boys loss was on Romo, despite the fact that his team’s defense couldn’t stop the Giants offense? Is that Romo’s fault? Didn’t think so.

What is his fault is his own mediocre play. That’s not all of the loss – just part.

But a loss is still a loss.

lawhawk on January 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Maybe she’s just high maintenance.

Enrique on January 24, 2008 at 12:10 PM

I have no doubt about that, but wow. She is one nice looking girl. I’m guessing that these guys are deciding after 20 or 30 times that it just isn’t worth it.

Jaibones on January 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM

BKennedy on January 24, 2008 at 1:25 PM

You’re probably correct here.

Plus they’re the freakin’ Patriots. How can they NOT be America’s Team?

But absolutely wrong here, lol.

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM

pilamaye on January 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Huh? What has Jessica Simpson done to be compared with those worthless drug addicts and losers? Are you jealous or something?

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:41 PM

She gave us………………ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ’nuff said.

pilamaye on January 24, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:41 PM

She got Romo’s game all messed up dude, she made Hitler cry!

BKennedy on January 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM

She gave us………………ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ’nuff said.

pilamaye on January 24, 2008 at 1:46 PM

SHE gave us Ashley? I thought it was her parents who did that. And even then, Ashley is no comparison to the other three either.

Jessica Simpson is a decent, caring, and sweet person who also takes the time to visit our troops. It’s not fair to put her in the same category as the three you mentioned.

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM

LEAVE JESSICA ALONE!!!

LOL!

Gregor on January 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Yeah, if Jessica had more brains, she’d be a perfect celebrity spokesperson on the right.

As it is, I just prefer her to not open her mouth, and look great with the flag draped over her.

My favorite Jessica story: She visits the White House, and is on the tour. Upon being introduced to the Secretary of the Interior, she starts commenting on the lovely drapes.

Vanceone on January 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Well, at least he didn’t knock her up and leave her with a bastard child like Tom Brady.

kcluva on January 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM

OK, I will class her in with Amanda Bynes and Hillary Duff, who are two talented starlets in their own rights who are doing it right, are very successful, and who steer clear of the Paris/Lindsay/Britney crowd of lowlifes and losers.

That better?

pilamaye on January 24, 2008 at 2:07 PM

srhoade

Well, I think I’m the Raider fan, unless there are other members of the Nation on HotAir.

One would always think it would suck to be a Chief’s fan or a Jets fan. Except for a couple of brief moments of glory, those teams routinely suck.

What sucks is when you have Norv Turner as a head coach. Right, San Diegians?!

Krydor on January 24, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Yes, Jessica is a “good” girl; but even so, she just doesn’t do it for me. Something about her cleft chin just makes me think Kirk Douglas. Can’t get past it.

urbancenturion on January 24, 2008 at 2:09 PM

103 comments on…this!? Uh-oh..104. Darn it!

kcd on January 24, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Latest Cowgirl joke. The citizens of Dallas & Ft. Worth now have new directives when tornado warnings are sounded. They are to go directly to Texas Stadium, as that area will guarantee no touchdown.

thebookkeeper on January 24, 2008 at 2:35 PM

The reason Romo lost the playoff game and lost Jessica is the same for both situations.

Couldn’t go deep.

roninacreage on January 24, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Quick! Somebody introduce Jessica Simpson to Tom Brady!!!

gridlock2 on January 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I guess that “beard” was getting in the way.

ej_pez on January 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM

He’s got to have the brains of a flea. If he believes it was her fault he’s an idiot. She’s hotter than guano, and if he has to go along with the opinion of all those half wit NFL fans, he should be working on a dock somewhere.

LtE126 on January 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM

See ya Jess! Super Bowl is all ours next year baby!

Drtuddle on January 24, 2008 at 3:09 PM

You’d like to think there’s more to this story than Romo dumping Simpson because his team lost the game, and nobody likes him in Dallas anymore because he was dating her.

If his reasons are that superficial, the guy’s a complete idiot.

asc85 on January 24, 2008 at 3:10 PM

He dumped Jessica?
Uh…does anybody have her phone number?

whitetop on January 24, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Brady is nothing but H-Y-P-E
srhoades on January 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM

??? You can’t be serious. 3 Super Bowl rings and soon to be 4? That’s not hype man, that’s talent. Although I agree the Patriots have one helluva staff. I think maybe a Bellichick trophy is possibly in order. Does he have to be dead for that?

Geronimo on January 24, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Quick! Somebody introduce Jessica Simpson to Tom Brady!!!

gridlock2 on January 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Giselle trumps Jessica, although I wouldn’t have kicked Bridgette to the curb in the first place.

Geronimo on January 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I had heard that she wore a false ass in that movie.

bloggless on January 24, 2008 at 3:46 PM

It might have been too awkward for Tony to unvelcro it. LOL!! You men are so silly.

bloggless on January 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM

The silver lining in this whole debacle for the Cowboys is – they can watch the Patriots run up the score and embarrass the Giants in the Superslaughter. Probably why the Packers kept giving the Giants repeated chances to win too.

PrettyD_Vicious on January 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM

To the whining fans of the Cowboys, Jets, Browns, Saints, Redskins, Vikings, etc…..

At least you have something to whine about!!! Us Los Angeles Rams fans have been fvcked for the last 15 years or so.

Well, the best part is that the evil be-yotch is no longer around to screw Ram fans again.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Yoko Romo

Labamigo on January 24, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Well, nobody ever accused Tony of being overly smart.

The good news, she’s back on the market boys!

SECOND LOOK AT THE REBOUND!!!!

conservnut on January 24, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Ugh. The Cowboys. I hate them. As one who was born and raised in Washington DC and its metro area, there were (for some reason) a lot of Cowboys fans/Texans around us – at school etc. – who thought their s**t didn’t stink and would put our team (Redskins) down constantly. And if there’s an “America’s Team” at all it would be the Green Bay Packers in my opinion. Definitely NOT the Cowboys. Gross.

foxforce91 on January 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM

What an ass**le!! You don’t dump a chick that hot because fans are giving you a hard time. She’s unbelievable looking, and you just don’t let that go. Unless you’re a big jock quarterback and you know the next hotter one if right around the corner.
I’d HOPE that he dumped her because he felt they just weren’t a fit. What an ass**le!!

RWLA on January 24, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Wow. I hope this was sarcasm. It was, right? Do men really think this way?

capitalist piglet on January 24, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Geronimo on January 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM

People see these things so differently. I think Giselle looks kind of mannish (and given how metro Tom Brady is, I can sort of see why he would go for that; plus, she’s very athletic, which I would presume he’d like).

Did Brady break up with Moynihan? Do we even know that she didn’t break up with him? Maybe some of these women are the ones who aren’t satisfied.

I know, I know…for you guys, this is unthinkable. : )

capitalist piglet on January 24, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Wow. I hope this was sarcasm. It was, right? Do men really think this way?

Of course they really think that way. She’s got a strap-on ass, for crying out loud!

bloggless on January 24, 2008 at 5:20 PM

giselle looks part horse to me. And don’t even get me started on Jennifer Annistan

bloggless on January 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Wow. I hope this was sarcasm. It was, right? Do men really think this way?

capitalist piglet on January 24, 2008 at 5:13 PM

No, not all men do. I think most of this is sports jock, bar stool, one upsmanship gab. I’ll bet post- act pillow talk with Jessica would drive most of them straight into celibacy. OTOH, there are a few trolls on HA who might find it hard to keep up with her intellectually.

a capella on January 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Bryan: “Why couldn’t they have had this discussion before the Giants debacle?”

Do we really need to explain why, Bryan? Take another look at that Daisy Dukes photo and ask yourself why a guy might linger on with Jessica a few more days, stretching it out until it snapped.

Tantor on January 24, 2008 at 5:53 PM

You Cowboys fans are so spoiled. I’m a Saint’s fan. What was it? 30+ years before our first Playoff victory? And we’ve only ever had two.

Theophile on January 24, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Just…keep her away from Eli Manning. Please. Far…far…away. For another couple of weeks at least.

Come to think of it, there’s a “Fever Pitch”-like spports movie comedy out there waiting to be made: star quarterback’s career cools when he dates bodacious blonde starlet. Team holds an “intervention.” Hometown fans conspire to keep them apart. Against all odds, true love prevails. Let’s get started.

Captain Scarlet on January 24, 2008 at 7:16 PM

a capella on January 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

What do you mean? Chicken of the Sea really does taste like chicken! ; )

capitalist piglet on January 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Good news for Cowboy fans!

Oh good, I thought, they’re finally getting rid of that jerk Owens! Any REAL ‘Boys fan wouldn’t want TO stinking up their team.

clark smith on January 24, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Bryan on January 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Agreed. He discredits himself more, however, by not including 4 time SB winner, Terry Bradshaw.

MikeZero on January 24, 2008 at 8:07 PM

He blames his performance on a young, curveceous woman who happens to get parts in movies and makes a living singing pop songs?

That makes no sense whatsoever!

What did she do to ruin him? Beat him up at the UFC twice a week?

William2006 on January 25, 2008 at 4:06 AM

a capella on January 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM

That might be true.

I’ve discovered that Jessica’s IQ is the third highest in recorded history, at 205, behind Marilyn vos Savant – 228, and Newt Ginrich – 225, and that Jessica has two PhDs, one in Microbiology, and another in electrical engineering, as well as three Masters Degrees – 1) Mathematics, 2) Language – Russian, Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic, Swahili, and Japanese, 3) Astrophysics Physics.

I also heard that Jessica Simpson has higher than fourth degree black belts in Hapkido, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kodokan Judo, Yoshinkan Aikido, Kendo, as well as advanced instructor sashes in Wing Chun Gung Fu, and Shaolin Kung Fu, as well as assistant instructor licenses in Muay Thai, and in Krav Maga. She probably bounced that Cowboys quarterback around and he couldn’t take being beaten by a girl who also has more brains than him.

I even heard that she swam the 25th fastest recorded time in history in the 100 meters and 400 meters freestyle, as well as the 54th fastest time in the 100 meters and 400 meters in track and field, not to mention that she won second place five times in the Southeast Asian martial arts tournament in kickboxing and in forms, and first place in the Pan-American Martial arts tournament once, with seven times placing in the top five.

Furthermore, I’ve heard she also performs opera in Italy, Germany, France, and New York’s Metropolitan Opera House. She is excellent in Puccini’s “Turandot,” and “Madame Butterfly.”

That Jessica Simpson is one talented girl!

William2006 on January 25, 2008 at 4:18 AM