Duncan Hunter endorses … Huckabee? What?

posted at 3:37 pm on January 23, 2008 by Allahpundit

Mr. Border Fence is backing a guy who accused opponents of Bush’s immigration plan of nativism? Two days after Fred drops out because he can’t pull enough conservatives to beat John McCain?

Dude?

“I got to know Governor Huckabee well on the campaign trail,” Huckabee said in a statement. “Of the remaining candidates I feel that he is strongly committed to strengthening national defense, constructing the border fence and meeting the challenge of China’s emergence as a military superpower that is taking large portions of America’s industrial base.

“Along with these issues of national security, border enforcement and protecting the U.S. industrial base, I see another quality of Mike Huckabee’s candidacy that compels my endorsement,” he added. “Mike Huckabee is a man of outstanding character and integrity. I saw that character over the last year of campaigning and was greatly impressed. The other Republican candidates have many strengths and I wish them all well.”

The man who wants his foreign policy driven by the golden rule is the man to tame the Chinese dragon?

Am I hallucinating?

Update: What’s even odder is that Hunter’s often touted as a SecDef in the next Republican administration. Endorsing McCain, the frontrunner, would have helped him in that regard and given Maverick a boost with conservatives. Instead he throws his endorsement away on someone who’ll be done by February 6th.

I guess he just likes the guy.

Update: Joe Carter, Huck’s former research director, e-mails to say the nativism quote is being taken out of context:

Here is what he really said:

“I do believe some of it is driven by racism or nativism,” he said of the opposition within his party to Mr. Bush’s view that illegal aliens should not be deported but rather fined and eventually allowed U.S. citizenship.

When asked directly by the reporter if there wasn’t some xenophobia behind the opposition, Huckabee made the error of telling the truth. Having talked to more than a few anti-immigration extremist while on the campaign trail, I can attest that there is a segment of voters that is all for “throwing out the brown people.” Is that the majority of Republicans? Of course not. But it’s silly to pretend that the GOP doesn’t include its share of extremists.

Fair enough. Huckabee’s record on immigration goes way beyond that quote, though. Trot through Lonewacko’s archives sometimes and drink it in.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

That would mean that someone must have got more than one ID. I would not think that a sophisticated web site like this would allow that.

If their is any doubt that their is one person posting under multiple screen names, just look up the IP addresses. That should iron it out. I assure you I have only one screen name.

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 8:50 PM

MB4, you’re awesome.

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 6:49 PM

That takes the cake!!

Yep, MB4, and HebrewToYou, work well together.

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 8:50 PM

It makes him feel powerful?

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I use cigars myself to light up sticks of dynamite that I throw at Bastardos. Works good.

Tuco on January 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Pianos falling on your head before and now rat poison???

You have really gone off the deep end.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I really hate embarrassing you like this, but maybe it will end up being for your own good.

Have you heard of Hydrogen Cyanide?

Well, it’s routinely used as “rat poison.”

Guess what else it’s been used for.

Hydrogen cyanide, a colorless, poisonous gas, is one of the toxic byproducts present cigarette smoke.

Under the name of Zyklon B, hydrogen cyanide was used as a genocidal agent during World War II. While no one would willingly breathe hydrogen cyanide into their lungs, smokers do it multiple times with every cigarette they inhale. And because hydrogen cyanide is present in secondhand smoke, nonsmokers are also at risk of breathing in this poison when they are exposed to cigarette smoke. Smoking cigarettes is probably a major source of cyanide exposure for people who do not work in cyanide-related industries.

In manufacturing, cyanide is present in the chemicals used to make numerous products such as paper, textiles and plastics. In gaseous form, cyanide is used in pesticides to exterminate rats and other undesirable vermin.

While it is unlikely that a person would suffer cyanide poisoning from cigarette smoke, breathing in small amounts of hydrogen cyanide may cause:

headache
dizziness
weakness
nausea
vomiting
Larger amounts may cause:
gasping
irregular heartbeats
seizures
fainting
rapid death

In case you’re interested, there’s quite an extensive list of other poisons you’re puffing into OUR air.

Thanks so much!

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Does this MB4 have a reward of Gold on his head too?

He doesn’t seem to be as much of a crazy Bastardo as those other four, but if there is enough Gold in it ……..

Tuco on January 23, 2008 at 7:10 PM

…Platinum on his head, just kidding.

No, he’s not as crazy as they are – he’s actually pretty sane, even if we’re not always copacetic. Let him live because he fights hard, is often entertaining, and stands his ground.

Entelechy on January 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM

huckster appears to be the old boy networks candidate. Romney is the outsider in the republican party? Awesome, now my mind is made up for sure. The republicans got there butts kicked in 2006 and what did they do? Fresh leadership in the house and senate? nope, the same old faces or the handpicked successors of the same old faces. I will not vote for mccain, huckster or giuliani. I will only vote for someone who has lived his life and governed in a conservative manner and only Romney fits that description. If either of the other three get the nomination I will vote democrat in the hopes that a huge defeat in 2008 will finally destroy what’s left of the republican party and start the beginning of something new. And for those whose response is that hillary or barry will destroy America, those three will implement the same policies as the democrats.

peacenprosperity on January 23, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I say we campaign to stop the undesired emissions of vulcanism!
The Evil Threat

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Errr, Volcanism that should read.

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM

By your definition, apparently, the “21st Century Conservative” is… LIBERAL.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 6:58 PM

You and a few others have been going after Huck with torches and pitchforks and it’s just not warranted. Clearly, he is NOT a liberal and he is NOT a bigot and he is NOT Jimmy Carter and NOT a socialist. All rational discussion has broken down here because of that kind of bname calling. It really amazing that he is being hit the way I have watched liberals hit Bush for the last few years. Floating cross? C’Mon. Bigot? C’mon.

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM

apacalyps, what’s your excuse for Huck calling fellow Republicans “shiites?” What’s your excuse for Huck campaigning to elect Democrats in Arkansas?

Inquiring minds STILL want to know. Either you or your sockpuppets can answer.

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Want to see a liberal

Watch this: Mitt Romney more liberal than Ted Kennedy.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 8:58 PM

This is a joy to watch.

Has anyone called Hunter evil yet??

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 6:40 PM

You know it’s coming.

Wise Golden on January 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM

No doubt. Seriously, though. Now that Mr. Duncan Hunter an all round strong conservative has endorsed Huckabee, has anybody called him EVIL yet?

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM

How obnoxious is THAT?!

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I recall from years ago someone claiming that a certain group of people could never be happy if they thought that anyone, anywhere was having sex smoking.

I guess they were right.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Thanks so much!

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Gregor, you’re really over the top. I don’t smoke and don’t care if others do, or don’t. You appear to be on an anti-smoking mission here, the same as HH, and company are on the Huckster mission. None of you will convince anyone of anything.

Besides, libertarian here – it is no one’s business what MB4, or anyone do on their property, in the priavacy of their home/land, especially if they don’t affect anyone else negatively. From all accounts that’s what he’s doing – smoking a cigar, any which way, in his own privacy, away from your kids, and you – therefore, what’s the peeve? I understand all other which you shared so far.

To your inhale/don’t inhale – there are many people who do all kinds of things, and they don’t owe us an explanation. I have never, ever smoked a cigar, but collect empty cigar boxes because they look interesting, are from strange/interesting countries/places, and they do smell good. I don’t have to explain this further to you or anyone and it doesn’t matter what you/they thing. I’m sharing this to make a point, which might be as worthless an attempt as telling Bill Clinton to shut up. I mean this in a positive way though so that you/us can move away from the topic. Sincerely,

Entelechy on January 23, 2008 at 9:02 PM

I’m glad we found out what a kooky side Hunter has before it was too late.

Buy Danish on January 23, 2008 at 7:06 PM

hahaha.. the slander against another man of integrity has already started.

Look, Danish.. the fact that you would say such a thing tells us more about YOU!!

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Hunter endorsed Huckabee because they were both religious nutbags who wanted to guide this country based on the word of god instead of the constitution.

muyoso on January 23, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Oh, my…. LOL… here they come!! Now Duncan Hunter is evil… what a joke.

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 9:03 PM

apacalyps, I’m still waiting. What’s your excuse for Huck calling fellow Republicans “shiites?” What’s your excuse for Huck campaigning to elect Democrats in Arkansas?

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM

No, but he has abandoned the conservative cause.
Shameful!!!

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I still would like to know what the various campaigns pay for people to troll the discussion forums.

Perhaps I could spout inane tripe and cut & paste the same things over and over for days if the pay is right.

LegendHasIt on January 23, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Don’t forget that you can also pretend to be several different people at the same time, like HaraldHardrada and apacalyps. SO MUCH FUN!

But then, it can’t pay very well, as it influences no one.

Actually, it can be extremely effective IF you’re representing a good candidate who the facts support rather than contradict, and if you’re good at what you do.

Repeatedly posting informative and factual information supporting a “good” candidate will succeed in gaining votes because readers usually take a little bit of time to verify the information.

Unfortunately for the Huckatrolls … their candidate sucks and they’re forced to make themselves look like complete morons repeatedly posting obvious lies and manipulations.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I think this tells us more about Duncan Hunter than it does Huckabee.

I’m glad he never surged like the laughable Huckster, backed by irrational and mindless evangelicals.

iamse7en on January 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Duncan Hunter was my #1 choice for President and Huckabee is my last choice. :(

angryamerican on January 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Leave the dark side and come to the light.

Imagine angryamerican

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Look if your going to go ahead and say complete lies like Huckabee is a liberal socialist etc. etc.
at least try reading this and then talk to me about it

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Thanks so much!

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM

In case you are interested, do you realize what manner of small organisms are in your bedding, on your skin, in your nose.

Right now!

What are you going to do?

There are billions of them.

Better take a scalding hot bath. Don’t forget to submerge your head.

There will still be millions left though and they multiply very fast.

You may also be interested in doing some research into the area of hypochondria. Especially see sections on treatment.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM

mindless evangelicals.

iamse7en on January 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Seriously..I really wonder why such rabid anti-Christian militant atheist fascists like you are even in the republican party.. the democratic party is more suited to your kind and embraces your platform 100%…go home.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM

He’s not evil, just part of the old boys network that abadoned the conservative revolution for power. They all talk a good game, they all go on talk radio and act like tough guys. That had a republican president and control of congress for 6 years and not only did they not implement a conservative agenda, they grew the government more then clinton did. WE may want change but they don’t. Look who lost in 2006, Santorum, they guy from Arizona and bunch of other young enthusiastic conservatives. They old boy traitors to the cause won back seats or weren’t elected and they put the heal down on guys like Mike Pence to quit rocking the boat.

peacenprosperity on January 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM

weren’t elected

weren’t up for reelection

peacenprosperity on January 23, 2008 at 9:11 PM

“conservative”

People keep using that word to describe Huckabee. I do not think it means what they think it means

Dudley Smith on January 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM

No, but he has abandoned the conservative cause.
Shameful!!!

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

at least try reading this and then talk to me about it

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Hey guys, has he been caught again?

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Huckabee/Hunter is the winning ticket that all conservatives can embrace.

The rest will just destroy the republican party and allow the Hildebeast to come to power.

Without evangelical conservatives we can’t win.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:14 PM

If you listen to any of the candidates you’ll probably find a lot to agree with them on. They all sound real conservative now that they’re running for President. The real story though is what they said and did before they wanted your vote.

McCain voted against tax cuts, made corporations a cash cow for crooked politicians and tried his hardest to give illegals amnesty! Romney’s Universal Health care was so good Hillary adopted it? Giuliani was a pro abortion sanctuary city running gun grabber? Huckabee was the absolute darling of every Democrat in Arkansas not to mention sanctuary state governor. None of these guys have any conservative credibility when you look at what they did before they wanted our votes.

Do I believe that McCain “learned his lesson” and won’t give illegals amnesty once elected? Or, that Romney won’t really hand Michigan a bunch of money like he just promised? Or that Huckabee won’t continue to pass pork riddled bills and run up our deficits and expand government like he did in Arkansas? NOPE, I don’t believe anything that a politician says when he wants your vote! I go by what they did before they wanted your vote!

So if Hillary wins we get Romney’s health-care plan, McCain’s amnesty and Huckabee’s huge expensive government. The more I think about it, I’m really disappointed that Hunter endorsed any of these guys.

Second look at Ron Paul? (yeah like I can say that with a straight face)

Buzzy on January 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Dudley Smith on January 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Someone posted a link the other night to a Hayek site which had some interesting things to say about “conservatism,” “progressives,” “liberals,” and “socialists.”

Makes for interesting reading.

JiangxiDad on January 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM

I don’t think my comments are showing…

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Listen Gregor, you have no response to my argument and I find it compelling since this is the second time I have pointed out your errors. The first time was when I pointed out to you the factual evidence Chris Simcox was a fraud, and now we see the same corrupt result with Jim Gilchrist endorsing a treasonous collaborator with a hostile foreign enemy: The Huckster.

Hunter’s endorsement of this snake oil salesman is a serious blow to the immigration reform movement.

While I strongly agree with your immigration position, you call to a ban on smoking is anything but conservative and is direct evidence of some cultural marxism. If people want to smoke let them be.

But I see you next taking on a statewide ban on red meat. This is California after all.

petit bourgeois on January 23, 2008 at 9:19 PM

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM

yes they are or at least this did.

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM

HebrewToYou on January 23, 2008 at 8:10 PM

An entire post filled with claims of superior knowledge about the life of Jesus Christ. Knowledge even superior to those who walked alongside Jesus himself. Knowledge SO superior that even the written accounts from witnesses are tossed out the window as mere “fables written down about his life.”

All this from a man who repeatedly states that he doesn’t “claim to be “right” about any religious matters because (he’s) not a religious person.”

Could have fooled me.

We all bow to your obviously superior enlightenment.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Huckabee is all that remains of the anti amnesty movement…here we have a conservative candidate who has embraced tom tancredo’s plan and is endorsed by Duncan Hunterand and jim gilchrist but still you insult him and write him off in place of the sanctuary mansion phony RINO who is guaranteed to lose the general election.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Huckabee: The record of a Pro-Life Liberal

——————–
1: 1033 pardons and commutations. 12 of which were convicted murderers.

2: Taxes Up $642 Million under Huckabee in Arkansas.

3: Huck was for higher education benefits for children of illegal immigrants.

4: Supported President Bush’s immigration plan and claimed that opposition to Bush’s proposal was driven by “racism or nativism” and that it wasn’t amnesty.

5: Against school choice. NEA endorsed him.

6: Wants to amend the Constitution to put it in line with “God’s standards.”
——————–

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:23 PM

That’s the first time I’ve heard that amending the constitution to ban abortion and gay marriage is a liberal position…

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Ronald Reagan raised taxes in california by $1 billion in todays dollars that would amount to $10 billion!

Huckabee is opposed to amnesty and always was.

Children of illegals born in America are American citizens..is that really that hard to understand?

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Huckabee is all that remains of the anti amnesty movement

Seriously, are you smoking something or huffing something you found under the sink?

If huckster, by some bizarre, cruel twist of fate, gets the nomination there will be a scandal a week in the msm that the clintons will feed them. He will not win a state in the general election and will take down all the republican house and senate candidates with him.

peacenprosperity on January 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM

A Constitutional Amendment to ban abortion and gay marriage is ANTI-FEDERALIST. Let the States decide. That’s how the framers intended it. Otherwise we might as well have fascism.

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Actually Huckabee is the only republican that stands a chance of winning.

Read comments on lefty blogs…they are scared of him the most.

Don’t believe the hype from the MSM and republican establishment who desperately want a pro amnesty candidate.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Give me a break…banning abortion is not fascism it is the right thing to do.

How can you be both a republican and pro abortion?

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:31 PM

I guess we should have just left it up to each state to decide whether or not they wanted to keep slavery. Your comments are nonsense when you look at the moral catastrophe that abortion and homosexual marriage is. It is akin to slavery in terms or moral heinousness.

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Just for grins:

Latest RCP averages for Florida:

McShannesty 22.6
Romney 22.2
Giuliani 19.0
TheHighReverendHuckster 14.4

He will not win the nomination with a fourth place in Florida.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM

because I too am from California and you fit the liberal sterotype to a “T.”

I will stop smoking when you stop driving. Fair enough?

petit bourgeois on January 23, 2008 at 8:46 PM

LOL! That’s a first. Never been called a liberal before. Member of the vast right-wing conpiracy, yes. Liberal?

Please take the needle out of your arm.

I’ve already answered the comparison to automobiles earlier. Please read the thread before posting to avoid looking stupid.

Now since I’ve done a lot of driving today, please go smoke a pack of chemicals to stay even.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Remember what the iowa polls said and the new hampshire polls?

Polls are purely a political tool and not to be trusted these days.

Besides if it was accurate… this is pre Duncan Hunter endorsement.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM

no, it’s an antifederalist position. duh!!!!!!

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM

How can you be both a republican and pro abortion?

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:31 PM

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Wow. I am shocked. You two do not know the history of this country. The framers wanted the States to decide these issues, not for it to be nationally imposed.

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Just for grins:

Latest RCP averages for Florida:

McShannesty 22.6
Romney 22.2
Giuliani 19.0
TheHighReverendHuckster 14.4

He will not win the nomination with a fourth place in Florida.

ONe poll has him at 18% and another has him tied with Giuliani with 15%. Also, there’s gonna be a debate thursday, and with Thompson’s drop a lot of his support will move Huck’s way.

Don’t count out the Huck man just yet. This race is still very fluid.

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Yeah, Lets just throw out that little book Hamilton, Madison, and Jay wrote…

Then, Lets move towards a Theocracy… Sound good everyone???

stlpatriot on January 23, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Should we have each state decide whether murder should be legal also?

It will be tough to prosecute murderers if the murderer can just flee to the next state where it’s legal.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

But preaching is part of practicing our religion.
popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 6:49 PM

You three sacks of $hit aren’t practicing the true Christian religion.

Jesus would never be in here doing what you are doing. You are engaged in masturbating your pride. You are not accomplishing anything except making yourself feel superior by engaging people you deem to be heathens.

Remember this you three bigots, Christ spoke to those who wanted to listen and he did it face to face. He never preached the bigotry you three are spouting here AND he never spoke to people who don’t really care to hear his message.

None of us here want to hear your vile bigotry which you are trying to veil behind the teachings of the Savior.

You are vile disgusting bigots.

csdeven on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

So then, does that mean that states should have individually decided if slavery was valid or not, or whether or not women and blacks could vote? Yes or no.

I am SHOCKED that you think an amendment for severe moral catastrophe’s like these are not warranted at the fed level.

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM

sorry , I posted before I read what yu did.

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

csdeven is a vile disgusting bigot.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM

csdeven on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Well now, I am not preaching bigotry, I am simply engaging in political talk and only referencing religion where others have first brought it up. Your entire post looks mighty ignorant there partner.

popularpolitics on January 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM

this is pre Duncan Hunter endorsement.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Good point!

Add 0.1 to The High Reverend Huckster’s average.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

read the constitution and the federalist papers fool!!
you’re making a bigger a$$ of yourself then I usually do.
on this topic, it’s embarrassing to read your comments

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Entelechy on January 23, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Unfortunately, your entire argument is not based on any argument currently taking place. If you re-read the comments relating to this discussion, you’ll see that our argument is very specific toward smoking IN PUBLIC where others are unable to avoid the smoke.

I’ve repeatedly said that I really don’t give a rat’s a$$ what anyone does in the privacy of their own home or on their own property.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Look if your pro abortion you should go to the dems or libertarians not the republican party.

The simple fact is…if the republican becomes pro abortion the evangelicals will leave and you will have ZERO chance of ever winning an election again.

Seriously think about leaving.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Actually Huckabee is the only republican that stands a chance of winning.

Read comments on lefty blogs…they are scared of him the most.

Most scared of a Huckabee presidency perhaps. A Huckabee nomination? Hardly, though they’d sure like us to think that.

“O noes! Throwed in the brier patch with huckabee! DO NOT WANT”

sulla on January 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM

This is a waste of time as the theocracy candidate The High Reverend Huckster is burnt toast now that the people are waking up.

I’m going to look for a thread on bashing Juan Strawberries Plantation McShamnasty.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Look if you’re pro abortion you should go to the dems or libertarians not the republican party.

Seriously think about leaving.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM

csdeven is a vile disgusting bigot.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM

How is he a bigot? What has he said that makes him one?

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Watching the swirling and tortured opinions as Republicans make an attempt at convincing themselves and others that their candidate isn’t a liberal pile of crap would be funny if it wasn’t so damned sad. I’m thinking that it’ll be religion that kills the GOP after all.

On the other hand watching Obama and the Clintons fight is totally amusing. Will the DEMs have a race war at the same time.

Buzzy on January 23, 2008 at 9:46 PM

You three sacks of $hit aren’t practicing the true Christian religion.
csdeven on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Considering that you are a militant anti-Christian atheist you have no credibilty in telling anyone who is or isn’t practicing the true Christian religion.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Seriously think about leaving.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM

ahhhh….I don’t want to embarrass you anymore on this until you do some serious reading…. I mean it. You don’t know what yu are talking about. That means I was also right about the NEA.

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:50 PM

You three sacks of $hit aren’t practicing the true Christian religion.
csdeven on January 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM

That’s our csdeven, winning friends and influencing people.

Love him or hate him, nobody plays Poke the Monkey with more panache.

sulla on January 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Your jihad did seem to be pretty wide ranging now.

An occasional whiff of smoke from someone smoking outside isn’t going to do anything to you, unless you are about ready to drop already, except get your blood pressure up even higher, which is your problem.

As I told you before, you inhale far more, almost “infinitely” more, from particles put out by cars, pickups and SUV’s.

Shouldn’t you be doing a jihad on them first.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Seriously think about leaving.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM

GO… PLEASE!!!

I’m tired of having to pay the Jizyah Tax!

Texas Gal on January 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM

That means I was also right about the NEA.

meaning: you are a product of it.

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Right now!

What are you going to do?

There are billions of them.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM

So, I guess you don’t mind if I store some radioactive waste in your garage? You know, since we’re all being attacked by organisms every day anyway? I’m sure you won’t mind. I’m sure you won’t mind if I bend over and blow gas in your face while you’re dining in a restaurant with your family, right? Do I have the right to blow gas on purpose, just for fun? Can I just walk up and stand next to your whole family and start blowing nasty gas? I wonder what your reaction would be. I’m sure it wouldn’t be an angry response. You know? Something like standing up and telling me to get my ass out of your face while you’re attempting to enjoy your meal?

I wonder what your reaction would be if I were to walk up to your children and blow a handful of chemicals directly into your child’s faces. I mean, what’s the harm. Your children can always just walk away, right? It’s my air too, so I should be able to blow pretty much anything I want into it. Who cares if it happens to be ingested by children walking by? There’s all sorts of organisms and car pollution anyway. What difference is it going to make?

You and your children can always go home and “take a scalding hot bath. Don’t forget to submerge your head.”

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

I don’t believe you.

I am taking a puff on a cigar right now!

Um good.

I’ll bet your PB just went up 10 points!

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM

petit bourgeois on January 23, 2008 at 9:19 PM

You’re all over the place. Are you somehow under the impression I’m supporting Huckabee? LOL!

You also must have missed my previous post regarding the criminal actions of Jim Gilchrist.

Now you’re going to compare “red meat” to second-hand cigarette smoke? Simply bizarre.

When you hear of someone involuntarily ingesting second-hand red meat, you let me know, okay?

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Scoreboard
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
apacalyps 52

opponents 3

Winner is “apacalyps”

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Let’s get back to the point…Duncan Hunter endorsed Mike Huckabee…now Huckabee will win. Face it. I can look up posts from each one of you going on and on about Hunter is the true conservative…maybe it’s time for you to acknowledge that Mike Huckabee is the only true conservative left in the race!

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:04 PM

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM

man….you just made me fire up another…

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Radioactive waste?

Gas?

Chemicals?

On this subject you have lost your mind. You are ranting like a nut.

You are making OBL look like a piker.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Duncan Hunter ain’t Fred Thompson. Thompson actually had a significant amount of voters. Hunter did not.

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 10:07 PM

True, Duncan Hunter didn’t have a lot of voters but every one liked him and would vote for him if they thought he could win therefore undecideds will take his advice to heart.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM

I remember you going on and on…Thompson/Hunter etc. etc.

Now fred will back mccain and fred supporters will go to Huckabee.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:09 PM

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM

you have a crystal ball?
isn’t that against your beliefs?

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Scoreboard
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
apacalyps 52

opponents 3

Winner is “apacalyps”

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Winner is “apacalyps”

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM

They’re coming to take apacalyps away, ha-haaa.
They’re coming to take apacalyps away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and apacalyps will be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they’re coming to take apacalyps away, ha-haaa!!!
To the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they’re coming to take apacalyps away, ha-haa!!!
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time…
- Napoleon XIV and a half

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Duncan Hunter endorsing Mike Huckabee is big news!

SECOND LOOK AT HUCKABEE!!

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 8:07 PM

C’mon people. SECOND LOOK AT HUCKABEE!!

What Leadership Looks Like

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Your jihad did seem to be pretty wide ranging now.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Actually, no. It didn’t. It was extremely specific. Only you took it to such things as organisms in our beds.

Paging doctor MB4. Paging doctor MB4. I’m glad you’ve discovered scientific evidence which nobody else has yet to hear of. So, somehow you’re able to determine that it’s physically impossible for a single puff of hydrogen cyanide which reaches the lung of a child to set off a reaction that might cause leukemia 25 years later, or lung cancer, or some other type of health issue. You’ve determined that, all by yourself.

Sorry. I’m not willing to let you take that chance with my children. Chemicals mess with the human body. They can alter DNA. They cause cancer. They cause birth defects. For you to be so arrogant that you earlier stated that even YOU don’t inhale the smoke, but you’re willing to blow smoke in my child’s face?

Ever comment you make gets even worse.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Oh yeah, I fully agree with that… The only thing that makes it useless now, is that there are NO “GOOD” candidates left… (If there ever were any in the first place)

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM
——————————————
You’re the comp. guy. Is it easy to stop?

JiangxiDad on January 23, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Any computer competent 13 year old could set up multiple accounts during open registration.

One could do it directly and easily if their Mommie is paying for more than one internet connection (at one time when it was critical for my web based businesses, I had three connections at home and another three different ones I could use at the office. So, I had six different IPs that I could hide behind use when necessary).

Even if you don’t have your own domain(s) and servers, pretty much every ISP will let you have as many email addresses as you want, so using different email addresses and sending through different IPs is no trouble at all.

Or, you can use online proxy servers to disguise your a single IP and ‘throw away’ email addresses from Google, Yahoo, Hotmail or hundreds of other places….

That’s even assuming that the HotAir admins even bother to check IPs up front.

Or another way that little Harry could get multiple IPs is to use Mommie’s home computer, one at the computer lab at Holy Roller Jr. High, and one at the public Library, PLUS through whatever unsecured Wi-fi hotspots he can find around town.

Not that I’m saying that our little irritants are the same person…. Just because they ‘sound’ and operate almost exactly the same, doesn’t mean that they have to be the same person; After all, Scientologists, Jihadis, Gangsta Rappers, and the Borg sound and operate pretty much identically too.

LegendHasIt on January 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:09 PM

got me on that one. I didn’t think to look/play the religon card like YOU PEOPLE!!

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM

The theory that 100% of Fred supporters and 100% of Hunter supports will go to Huck is very silly.

Tancredo endorsed Romney and I’m sure most of his supporters went to Fred.

It was always:
Tancredo
Romney
Fred
Hunter
Rudy

in that order for me.

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM

And Dana Rohrbacher has endorsed Mitt Romney.

davenp35 on January 23, 2008 at 10:16 PM

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 8:15 PM

If any of you haven’t seen this. watch it.

McCain’s Amnesty Bill Will Destroy America

apacalyps on January 23, 2008 at 10:17 PM

On this subject you have lost your mind. You are ranting like a nut.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Just keep smoking, but try inhaling it yourself since you don’t seem to think there’s anything dangerous about it. Don’t be such a hypocrite. Smoke as much as you want. Enjoy it.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 10:19 PM

apacalyps and HaraldHardrada and popularpolitics:
———————————-
Does it trouble you at all that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter have both given an ANTI-Endorsement to Huckabee?

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM

No they have proven themselves to be complete phony’s will never listen to them again.

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:21 PM

“I’m a little concerned that some of the evangelical leaders seem to be less committed to the principles that got them involved in politics in the first place, and more into the politics than the principles,” he said. “You hear some of them saying, ‘Well, this guy believes with us, but we want to get somebody that can raise money. Or, ‘we want to get somebody that we think is going to win.’ Well, when it gets down to their picking things based on completely secular reasons, and it’s not about the issues, I think they completely marginalize themselves.”

“When you cease becoming clear about who you are, and what you’re about, you really just become another Republican interest group, and you have no core, you have no center, and therefore you have no influence.”

Mike Huckabee

HaraldHardrada on January 23, 2008 at 10:22 PM

LegendHasIt on January 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM

good points but I’ve had exp with him before and I think imho, he is an adult, immature yes,truly uninformed yes.
I’m no Constitutional scholar but I certainly know more than he does. who knows.

jerrytbg on January 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Ever comment you make gets even worse.

Gregor on January 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM

I don’t have anything to do with your children!

I am not blowing smoke in your children’s faces.

I am not exposing them to cars, pickups and SUV’s either, nor barbecues, nor germs, nor radioactive waste, nor pianos!

You have gone freeken nuts!

If you rant to them about smoking like you have been here, you are going to drive them to a psyhiatric hospital at an early age or go on a shooting spree!

Maybe someone should call child services and have them evaluate you as a fit parent.

Ever comment you make makes you sound even more psycho.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 10:26 PM

I’d take Hugh Hewitt, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh over Duncan Hunter anyday.

CABE on January 23, 2008 at 10:26 PM

How many comments deep are we on this story and no one has noticed this:

I’m hoping that was transcription error above and not a cut and paste from the original story. That ranks up there with the Tomb of Jesus story from Time posted a week or so ago that said “illicits a strong response” rather than “elicit”, or the NY radio news anchor that said “George Romney” re: the Michigan primary results, or Sunday’s NYT Style section referring to Mary J. Blige as “Mary J. Bilge.”

What the heck is up with all that?

Captain Scarlet on January 23, 2008 at 10:28 PM

BTW, I just took another puff.

MB4 on January 23, 2008 at 10:28 PM