Take the new poll: Three-man race on Super Tuesday

posted at 5:36 pm on January 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

These polls are 99% useless since (a) you can tell from comment patterns exactly how they’re going to go and (b) as we’ve come to learn re: Fred, the right-wing blogosphere is anything but representative of right-wing opinion generally. Even so, let’s see how things are shaking out for Super Tuesday. It’ll be a four-man race with Huck quite possibly winning a few southern states now that Fred’s out but I’m excluding him from this poll even so, just because I know his support is negligible here and he can’t win the nomination anyway.

Go vote in Ace’s poll too, but only if you’re a Fredhead.

Comments

Gotta go with the closest thing to a conservative that we have left. That’s Romney. Not too excited about it though.

rhinoishere on January 22, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I Voted.

I want a sticker.

askheaves on January 22, 2008 at 5:40 PM

blogpoll sucks. The polls are always broken.

lorien1973 on January 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Agreed on the “we know how this is going to end up” point. Entertaining nonetheless.

Vizzini on January 22, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Alright! Whose the wise guy that voted for McCain?

Must have been an error? You should get on that AP.

CABE on January 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I’ll take either of two out of the 3 above. Hint: McCain isn’t one of them.

amerpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I’m with Mitt!

madmonkphotog on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Hey Allah you must have made a mistake on that poll. Paul isn’t listed

offroadaz on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Rudy is playing this smart. He’s the only candidate people won’t be sick of. Everyone else is beating themselves over the head for media coverage. Rudy is gonna slip in, win the nomination and people will be like “WTF just happened?”

Watch.

lorien1973 on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Mike Huckabee! The only true conservative left in the race.

HaraldHardrada on January 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM

D) None of the Above.

BlackCapitalist on January 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM

lorien1973 on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Want to make a bet?

CABE on January 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Romney, says I

AbaddonsReign on January 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Why is McCain on the list? He’s not a republican. The MSM is pushing McCain because he is “willing to make difficult (LIBERAL)stances.” He’s a Trojan horse for the libs.

volsense on January 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Mitt!!

Now two chuckle heads have voted for McCain

conservnut on January 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Forgive my noob question, but where is the poll? I don’t see it.

pseudonominus on January 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Hey Allah you must have made a mistake on that poll. Paul isn’t listed

Yes, apologies. I didn’t anticipate the giant groundswell sweeping a guy with 4-6% of the vote to victory. Sorry for not giving your cretinous cohorts a chance to spam another online poll.

We just got through this afternoon with disabusing a group of supporters of their delusions. Are you tools going to persist with your fantasy about the rEVOLution for very much longer?

Allahpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Hey Allah you must have made a mistake on that poll. Paul isn’t listed

offroadaz on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

I believe the poll is for candidates that actually have a snowball’s shot in Hell of winning.

Maybe Allah can clarify.

amerpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:50 PM

offroadaz on January 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Yeah, because within ten minutes of the Paulbots catching wind of it, it would be 99.99999999999% for the man with two first names.

doubleplusundead on January 22, 2008 at 5:50 PM

I’ll probably vote for Romney, but that’s it. I won’t donate, campaign, or care because I don’t think there’s a conservative left in the race. I’d almost rather see Hillary win because the complete mess that’s going to result can be blamed on the liberals rather than some quasi-conservative. But out of those three evils, I’ll vote for Romney.

Darin on January 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Allahpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM

C’mon now. Surely you picked up on my sarcasm. I never expect hotair or ace of spades to list Paul in a poll.

I just find it funny that Paul has beat Rudy in almost every primary so far yet some blogs still dont consider him a viable candidate.

Plus its fun to get you guys riled up over stuff :)

offroadaz on January 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM

I Voted.

I want a sticker.

askheaves on January 22, 2008 at 5:40 PM

How ’bout some purple ink for your finger?

Frozen Tex on January 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM

I’m split between Mitt & Rudy, but the good news is that Rudy is more likely to hurt McCain than Romney. I’m hoping that he beats McCain in FL, and then McCain is all but wiped out on Super Tuesday. Should that happen, I’m fine with either of the last 2 men left standing.

infidelpride on January 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM

As always, the poll is flawed. You can’t get an accurate result without including “stay home.”

Gregor on January 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM

offroadaz on January 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Yes, Paul has been able to beat a guy that hasn’t competed in the other states. Touché. You know, I heard he’s been able to beat Duncan Hunter in a poll or two, as well.

amerpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Thursday should be an interesting debate.

bnelson44 on January 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Allahpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM

We will never stop Allah. This is bigger than Ron Paul. We’re tired of Republicans who only care about welfare for foreign countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and opening up our borders here at home.

BlackCapitalist on January 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM

I honestly don’t even know what to do, not that my opinion on the primary matters, my state is one of the last to vote.

doubleplusundead on January 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM

How can real Republicans vote for a dimocrat like McCain? I hope Rudy has played his cards right and sends Juan to the showers. The Clinton-McCain ticket is a possibility.

volsense on January 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Wow, this place is getting like the Kos Kidz’ hangout more every day. How about limiting our breakfast menu tomorrow morning?

corona on January 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM

There is no way the polls can be right because so many have already voted. This should be interesting.

KBird on January 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Mitt.

zoomzale on January 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Romney or McCain.

It has come to this?
{sigh}
what to do, what to do…

Lawrence on January 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM

How can real Republicans conservatives vote for a dimocrat like McCain? I hope Rudy has played his cards right and sends Juan to the showers.

volsense on January 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Fixed it. That’s your explanation.

Gregor on January 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM

I’m split between Mitt and Rudy, but completely thumbs down on McCain. WWOT aside, you might as well vote for a dimocrat if you vote for him.

Brass Pair on January 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Why can’t Huckabee “win the nomination anyway”? No, I already voted. Not for him.

kc8ukw on January 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Anyone else having problems with the poll. It doesn’t seem to work for me, neither does Ace’s

bnelson44 on January 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM

kc8ukw on January 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Because he’s not running as a Democrat.

Gregor on January 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM

server is down

how many times can I vote, once for each browser (times number of user accounts) for each machine on my LAN?

rockhauler on January 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Rudy. We need his strength in the face of the enemy.

fleiter on January 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM

bnelson44 on January 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM

yup… no worky for me either…

stlpatriot on January 22, 2008 at 6:08 PM

So… we’re voting for the one with the good hair right?

Ars Moriendi on January 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM

The reason the GOP is staring straight down the barrel at a McCain nomination is because the idiotic powers that be were trying to run ruDy down our throats. This is what you get – MCCAIN.

I wonder how many people were supporting ruDy because they were afraid of what he might do to them if he were to actually win the election (like Saddam Hussein). I bet at least half of ruDy’s support was from people too afraid to vote against him.

I don’t like any of them, but I could support any but ruDy. McCain is what the establishment gets for trying to push ruDy on the country. idiots get what they deserve.

ThackerAgency on January 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Forgive my noob question, but where is the poll? I don’t see it.

I had to reload a couple of times before it showed up for me. So try that.

Bad Penny on January 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM

This is bigger than Ron Paul.

Bigger even than Ron Paul? That big?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 22, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Hmmmm…nice hair VS the drag queen…..wow.

ChrisM on January 22, 2008 at 6:19 PM

ThackerAgency on January 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM

If you actually believe any of what you just wrote, then you need to weigh anchor from crazy town and set sail back to reality.

Lehosh on January 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Allahpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM

THANK YOU.

Hawkins1701 on January 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Well its the military hero vs the corporate suit vs the televangelist so much for voting for concepts

William Amos on January 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Still a Rudy fan here, but would no problem voting for Mitt!

SouthernGent on January 22, 2008 at 6:27 PM

For the record, it won’t let me vote.

And since it has been up for almost an hour and there are only 20 votes, I don’t think I’m the only one having this problem.

Nessuno on January 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM

How do you include that load Giuliani and ignore Huckabee, who has actually PARTICIPATED IN and WON a primary? What is that about?

RWLA on January 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM

As a video gamer, I gotta vote for McCain. Romney talks too scary about regulating my games.

apollyonbob on January 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Romney or McCain.

It has come to this?
{sigh}
what to do, what to do…

Shitting yourself at the prospect of such a lousy choice might be the place to start.

RWLA on January 22, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Forgive my noob question, but where is the poll? I don’t see it.
pseudonominus on January 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM

If you have Firefox, it might be blocked.
Un-block “BLOGPOLL” or ‘allow’ blogpoll from your options control ( lower right corner) then it will show up/

shooter on January 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Mike Huckabee! The only true conservative left in the race.

HaraldHardrada on January 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Joke of the day

Just checked the mail, this fool is wasting postage on me.

Onager on January 22, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Started on Rudy, drifted to Fred, so now it’s back to Rudy. He won’t ruin this nation and will do fine as a place holder. I’ve said it here before, his strength is not his response on 9/11, his strength is that he turned this city 180 degrees using conservative principles. The next President will not:
1)Take away your guns
2)Have any effect on abortion laws
That goes for whoever is elected

sweeper on January 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Not being one to leave a perfectly good dead horse unbeaten.

What would you do if Mitt dropped out?

Check this NEW poll out: http://www.thesitrep.com/pres.htm

TheSitRep on January 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Rudy for National Security Advisor or Attorney General. McCain needs to go away.

Winebabe on January 22, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Rudy is the guy. We know he is a good executive that has managed in a very partisan environment that was arrayed against him and he accomplished good things: Cut taxes, cut crime, told Arafat and the blood soaked Saudi regime to stick it. I can only hope he can get John Bolton confirmed to replaced the Neville Chamberlain like Condi at State

Yes he was tough as Assistant AG and as US Attorney and as Mayor, but he needed to be tough. Especially as US Attorney and Mayor his enemies were really trying to kill him either figuratively or literally. He not only survived, he prevailed, what Faulkner told us we need to do.

McCain is just not acceptable, really very few of his positions are even center moderate Republican

Mitt won’t do because he has no chance against the Clinton machine which will make mince meat out of his flip flopping ppositions and his business issues.

He needs to be kept to his promise on Judges but we have means to do that, the Senate.

georgealbert on January 22, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Mitt > Rudy > …

Are there other choices? I can’t seem to find any…

knob on January 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Hey, I can only vote once?

Dusty on January 22, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Well,if Freerepublic.com is any indication of the attitudes of the conservative blogosphere…Mitt’s not it.

Suggestions that Fred supporters rally around Mitt are falling on deaf ears.

Maybe a second look at Rudy?

Dorvillian on January 22, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Gregor on January 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Assuming those who would stay home don’t vote in the poll, sure you can.

Big S on January 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM

ThackerAgency on January 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Lehosh on January 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Yeah, he suffers from Rudy Derangement Syndrome. Still trying to figure out why he keeps spelling Rudy as “ruDy”, but then again, I can’t figure out what the crazy homeless person down the block is ranting about either.

Go Rudy!!

kcluva on January 22, 2008 at 7:32 PM

kcluva on January 22, 2008 at 7:32 PM

I think the “D” stand for democrat. As in Rudy is a democrat in republican clothing.

sweeper on January 22, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Ya’ll know that the clintons are going to pull out all the stops.
This is an honest question…Is Romney vicious enough? I mean will he get down and dirty? Will he hit back hard enough?

*Former Fredhead looking for help here*

Janna on January 22, 2008 at 7:46 PM

sweeper on January 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM

I agree. I’ll go back to Rudy too. But instead of contributing to his campaign, i’ll send money to the NRA just as a precaution.

Rudy/Fred would be a strong ticket.

myamphibian on January 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM

I will write-in Duncan Hunter on March 5th in Texas. He won the straw poll in Texas and would have done much better if Texas’ primary were earlier. I guess I’m down to my 4th choice now since my first 3 have dropped out. How depressing.

pecan pie on January 22, 2008 at 8:41 PM

I’m gonna fall asleep standing up in the voting booth on primary day, unable to pick which one is the best of the worst.

TexasDan on January 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM

oops, make that March 4th. Confused it with Feb 5th. Well, it’ll make about that much difference anyway, but still…it’s the principle of it all. I hope it isn’t McCain, it’s a toss up between Rudy and Romney. Maybe I should just go vote stealth in the Democratic primary, but I still can’t decide who is stronger on that side either, I hope Hillary loses, but Obama is the more liberal of the two (which is scary!). Who is gonna be tougher to beat?

pecan pie on January 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Mike Huckabee! The only true conservative left in the race.
HaraldHardrada on January 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Hey, Carl Cameron just reported that Huckabee’s on the short list for a VP spot on the DEM ticket! Quick, go check it out!

Oink on January 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM

TexasDan on January 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Buck up my brother. When the going gets tough, the tough get going and all that. It aint over til the fat lady cackles.

myamphibian on January 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Better get on the Mitt Train before it leaves the station..

Long Live the Fred!

RobertCSampson on January 22, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Mitt is the best horse left. If he is smart he picks Fred as VP.

Gatordoug on January 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM

A lot of us like Mitt. But does he have a chance against Hillary?

SoulGlo on January 22, 2008 at 11:09 PM

…as we’ve come to learn re: Fred, the right-wing blogosphere is anything but representative of right-wing opinion generally…

Allah

Truer words were never spoken. And yet, it’s good to see Mitt dominating both polls with no one in second place. Or is that the kiss of Fred/Death?

Jaibones on January 22, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Gaarrrrrr I can’t take it anymore! How can there be a Republican primary with no Republicans?

- The Cat

P.S. That being said, I’m still going to back the nominee. These three are still far better then the ones the Dems are putting up.

MirCat on January 22, 2008 at 11:51 PM

NOTAR’s

Any questions?

Dave R. on January 23, 2008 at 12:28 AM

I like the current standings: R:G:M::637:148:70.

Just hope it turns out that way in the Super Tuesday primaries (although I wouldn’t mind Giuliani winning FL)

infidelpride on January 23, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Rudy will best combat our greatest threat, radical Islam.

FLcapitalistthug on January 23, 2008 at 12:59 AM

rhinoishere on January 22, 2008 at 5:40 PM

TexasDan on January 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM

That I’m ambivalent is an understatement.

Last is First on January 23, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Moderate Democrats will vote for Romney. We’ll even pass over the Liberal John McCain.

DfDeportation on January 23, 2008 at 2:16 AM

Somebody help me with Romney. I really am asking this sincerely. I’m nervous about his record on guns and government-forced healthcare, but especially on guns. How can we elect a guy who called an AK47 “unusually lethal?” (what gun isn’t?) As a gun owner, I can vouch for several dozen bolt action rifles that are more destructive than an AK47, so his statement was grossly ignorant and very toxic.

He also supports an AWB and the Brady law, both of which are garbage. Please, somebody convince me (without the usual talking points) that I shouldn’t stay home in November. And “staying home elects Hillary” isn’t good enough for me.

fossten on January 23, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Wow. The crickets speak volumes.

fossten on January 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM

I’m from the San Joaquin Valley in California, better known as Tiajuana del norte. Illegal immigration is my numbero uno concern so “amnesty” McCain and “instate tuition for illegals” Huckaby are a definite no-go for me. Duncan Hunter was my first choice, then Fred, now I guess it’ll be Mitt.

jane1 on January 23, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Allahpundit on January 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM

How Kos-ian of you.

Words from HotAir’s Founder:

I formed Hot Air Network, LLC, to bring ideological diversity—because we all love diversity–to the videoblogging world.

So much for that.

fossten on January 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

TexasDan on January 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM

HAAA!!! HAAA!!! That’s a good one! When I go in the booth I think I may eeny, meeny, miney, moe….Not really. No McAmnesty, No Shuckster. Hold my noes & vote for Rudy if I have to. Still hoping for a Romney/Thompson ticket. At this point that’s the best we can do…sad isn’t it?

kcd on January 23, 2008 at 3:05 PM