Heart-ache: Michelle, KP clash over Team Hillary’s racial cracks

posted at 6:10 pm on January 16, 2008 by Allahpundit

I’d hoped the long-awaited Factor family reunion would be less tumultuous than this. Blame Hillary.

The problem with settling this debate is that some of the comments from the Clinton camp really have been distorted by the media — Billy Jeff’s “fairy tale” remark foremost among them, although Hillary also got a bad rap on the Obama/MLK comparison — whereas others, like Robert Johnson’s drug allusions, are exactly the sort of transparent attacks MM describes here. There’s no way to prove that Hillary’s behind the latter, just like there’s no way to prove she coordinated the Billy Shaheen drug snark or Andrew Cuomo’s “shuck and jive” comment. All we have to go on is her character, whether we think she’d stoop to something as cynical as baiting Obama with racial attacks to get him to respond by playing the victim, thereby polarizing the base by race and pushing her to victory on the backs of the white majority. KP’s willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Your mileage may vary.

Comments

KP (who looks well, by the way), says that it’s a powerful thing that there’s a viable black candidate, like it’s quite a deal.

That KP is really articulate…

Tzetzes on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

The problem with settling this debate

Do we really want this thing settled? I think they should only talk about race and gender until the convetion.

ninjapirate on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Perfect Michelle.

KP is wrong on this one, the Klinton’s would stoop to the gates of Hell to win an election.

Zorro on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

I’d like to be on topic of their discussion, but the fact that they’re two of the sexiest women on earth bring to mind one thing.

Let’s settle this with a mud wrestling match.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Sorry man … dreams die hard sometimes.

thirteen28 on January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Why would they stop at the gates?

Gerard on January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Racism is still a very strong emotion within the black race. It has been exploited by the dimocrats for years. To play the race card towards a black candidate is a risk the Clintons took because their Uncle Toms like Rangel and Johnson will pull the magic they have for years and direct the black vote in the direction it needs to go. The black voters should seize the opportunity to promote the candidate they want and not be pressured to vote as they are directed.

volsense on January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

They will claim a truce – and i think obama will stay above it – but hillary will definitely use gender (she does it all the time) – and if her numbers tank again, it will be race, drugs, the muslim angle, etc. They’ll throw everything & the kitchen sink at obama.

darkegop on January 16, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Nostalgia! I feel like singing Aude Lang Syne.

I absolutely agree with KP that A/A voters flocked to Obama after seeing that he was viable. There is no question that he had to prove that, and he did with Iowa. Which is why it is wise for him to get away from this topic. He has little, relatively, to gain.

As to the topic, I think Michelle should take it one step further back. In other words, the Clintons used language that they would have scourged Repubs for, granted. But it was the media that cast him as a MLK sort. The media spun him up to be this great leader. Hillary was responding to that with her LBJ comments, etc, and I think it has just all developed from there. There is no question that Hillary would stoop to that level because of what we have seen her surrogates do, but the playing field was defined by the press making the MLK comparisons.

I watched the debate and in response to one of the questions related to this topic, Obama actually said, “We’ve all been victimized” (or very close to that). Liberal mindset on display.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 6:26 PM

It’s nice to see that Michelle’s been drinking some Red Bull. While I love both women (MM primarily for her mind), she really put the hammer down on Kirsten.

Billary really should be held accountable for her actions, plausible deniability aside.

stonemeister on January 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Anything to keep people from discussing REAL issues – you know, the issues that will affect ALL Americans should either of them get elected. That thought alone scares me.

mogilla on January 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Kirsten has the better half of the argument here.

There is no long term or even short term benefit for the Clintons to use racial terms. None.

Now, one can say that Hillary panicked and grabbed whatever rock she could use to go after Obama since it looked like her candidacy was spinning away. But panick does not equal deliberate.

Ugh, I’m defending the Clintons. Sorry, Lanny, you can still keep that day job; this is just a freebie from me.

SteveMG on January 16, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Kirsten, no one is claiming the Clintons are “racist”, so stop your whining… We’re saying she’s a “do anything” dirty politician, the likes of which we’ve never seen, and I will keep saying that I am concerned for Obama’s safety/health as long as he’s up in the polls. That said, Hillary is certainly racist, based on her disgusting display in Selma last year. We half expected her to changer her last name to Tubman. (And don’t give me that tired “she was reading a poem” excuse, because I’ll make a fool out of you if you try that) Also, do I need to point out her comments from MLK JR. Day a few years ago? She was in a black church with Al Sharpton and said that the Republicans were running the house “like a plantation… And YOU know what I’m talkin’ about”. So, while I started out saying she’s not a racist, just a dirty politician… I’m actually changing my vote to racist.

RightWinged on January 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Factor reunion deathmatch aside, the only thing scarier than a crying clown is…

My collie says:

Hillary…when she crys, that is.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

OK, five seconds into KP’s answer I had to stop, because she did the SAME thing last nite on Hannity’s show.

SHE BLAMED THE MEDIA FOR THE RACIAL TIFF.

I mean, come on already. This is classic Democrat BS and Kirsten is just drinking the KoolAid.

Oh NOOOOOO it wasnt Hillary for brining up LBJ and MLK.. it was the big bad MEDIA that reported this whole thing.

BLech and Pfooey on her. And she has said it twice on two shows on two days, which indicates just how LAME her analysis really is.

Sorry KP, you are no MM and you are no MKH.

Always Right on January 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

That KP is really articulate…

Tzetzes on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

And clean.

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Is anyone really suprised the topic of race came up on the Dem side? The media has been waiting a long time to misinterpet or make something out of nothing. The race card issue makes for heated discussion. Its good for selling newspapers, just ask RP.

menoname on January 16, 2008 at 6:36 PM

That KP is really articulate…

Tzetzes on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

And clean.

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

So, why is she SO loyal to the Clintons? Shouldn’t she be on the Obama ’08 team?

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Obama has no idea what evil he is going to come into contact with as long as he is within striking distance of Billary. He is at the gates of Hell and the attempts to destroy him will increase until he’s finished. He is no match for evil of this magnitude.

volsense on January 16, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Two good looking broads battling? I want more!!! But less clothing. Take them down to bikini’s and start peppering them with inflammatory questions.

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Settle down, boys.

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 6:41 PM

It’s hard for me to get past the mere idea of KP and Heather Naughert in the same room. Zoinks!

Blacklake on January 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM

That KP is really articulate…

She has an intellect? I can’t get past the blonde hair and pouty lips.

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM

He is no match for evil of this magnitude.

volsense on January 16, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Ooh! Star Wars moment! Obama is the Rebel Alliance, and Hillary is the Empire at the Battle of Endor!

Admiral Obamabar: “Our cruisers can’t repel mudslinging of that magnitude!”

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Settle down, boys.

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 6:41 PM

It was only a matter of time, ya’ know, before this thread went south.

My collie says:

The participants here are predictable, if nothing else.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

It is also true that pundits (I include black radio) like to interject themselves into situations so that they have relevance. I don’t see why one would think that interjecting themselves into, say, Jena or whatever other multitude of projects Mr. Sharpton is engaged in, is different from them interjecting themselves here.

In other words, if you believe one (Jena, Duke case, etc) is political opportunism then why would you not consider the other (R. Johnson) to be so also? To dismiss that as “birds of a feather flock together”, I think is weighing the events on a imbalance scale.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Obama is the Rebel Alliance, and Hillary is the Empire at the Battle of Endor!

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

…and hopefully, the DeathStar has a neglected vulnerability that we can exploit.

My collie says:

Use the Force Barrack!

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Yeah, I got to see this one live. It seems there’s no love lost between the two. It’s a good thing that they weren’t in the same room or they’d have been scratching and clawing, maybe clothes coming off (MEEEOW!). . . on second thought, maybe next time they should be in the same room.

Of course I’m just joking. I was surprised by the veracity of MM’s attacks though (appropriate though they may have been). You have to feel bad for KP though. She is in the Hillary camp pretty heavy. She is concerned that her girl won’t get the nom because of a dang A/A. Hillary is going to hope that there is still racism in America so Obama won’t have a chance. Too bad that the only racism that exists is concocted by the media, or those that want political expediency (Hillary).

Michelle called Hillary’s remarks racist because they were. Bob Johnson doesn’t care about either of them. He’s a billionaire and is just happy that people are talking about him. He’ll be in Obama’s camp if Obama gets the nomination. Obama’s claim to Christianity is pretty weak though if the pastor holds up Farakhan as exemplary. If I were the Hill, I’d go after his church (or have her 3rd party minions go after his church) rather than Obama himself.

All in all, good TV. Michelle is at her best when she’s feisty like this.

ThackerAgency on January 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Beta.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM

At some point in the near future, HRC will be accused of employing a “southern strategy” to overcome Obama’s monopoly on the black vote. Perhaps it will be a “southwest strategy.”

rw on January 16, 2008 at 6:52 PM

While KP is a “reasonable” lib (and cute as hell) she can’t compete with our MM on ANY level. KP is seldom rattled too much, but our MM is NEVER rattled. We need more MM. Isn’t it time for another O’Reilly sabbatical?

Juan has just declared SC!

Dick Armey,PhD did a short, pointed SMACKDOWN (as only Dick can) on the huckster re: economic policies. (FNC today) I hope we can get more help from him.

All in all, I’ve had worse days watching this campaign.

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 6:52 PM

It was only a matter of time, ya’ know, before this thread went south.

Seriously, wouldn’t you love to see these two in skimpy clothing debating the issues of the day? It would combine two of my favorite things; girls and current events.

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

KP seems to be ignoring the fact that campaigns use surrogates to do their dirty work for them, as MM pointed out. I think it is true that the media has taken some of the Clinton’s points out of context, but their surrogates are certainly being more blunt. The Clinton campaign has responsiblity for that, too.

Obama’s taking advantage of Hillary’s tactic. She’s foolish to engage in this – it only works for him and against her.

Bring on the popcorn! I hope they rip each other up during the primary season. All the better for us, especially since we aren’t exactly all getting along on our side either.

TX Mom on January 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Beta.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM

?
AP? Me? or my collie?

My collie says:

I hate it when the insults are ambiguous.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:55 PM

KP is the Glacier’s stooge. Remember folks, at the end of the day she’s just another Clintonista who will deep-six reason to keep Missus Clinton afloat.

BKennedy on January 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I’m guessing that the only person who will ever see Michelle in skimpy clothing is her husband.

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Frozen Tex on January 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Define skimpy.

My collie says:

If I remember correctly, the trampoline shorts were a tad revealing…er, in a tasteful sort of way.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Perfect Michelle.

Zorro

Hopefully Huck would be there to squirt them with his water pistol. ;)

Benaiah on January 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Wow, that kind of behavior is so out of character for a woman like Michelle. Why don’t you try showing a bit more respect?

Dork B. on January 16, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Zorro on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

You mean, they’d head out to the gates of Hell, don’t you?

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Did anyone see the “My Word” portion of this broadcast? One writer had a good point: Why keep pandering to the different ethnic groups if the DNC believes in equality?

Good observation.

The DNC still believes in keeping people down to get their vote.

madmonkphotog on January 16, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Yeah, please don’t make me ban anyone for something this stupid. They’re both gorgeous. Now back on topic, please.

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Perfect Michelle.

Zorro on January 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Why would they ever leave their gated community in the first place?

BKennedy on January 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM

KP, Why is it that libs always have to blab louder and
faster when challenged with the truth. MM just punished
you with only a few well placed facts and a couple of
right hooks. : )

Texyank on January 16, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM

You can still have her, AP. Have faith.

Oh wait, you’re an atheist. Never mind.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Why would they ever leave their gated community in the first place?

BKennedy on January 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM

For the same reason Hitler wasn’t satisfied with the Sudetenland, Stalin wasn’t satisfied with the pre-WWII borders of the Soviet Union, Mao wasn’t satisfied with China Proper and Hussein wasn’t satisfied with the 18 provinces that made up Iraq.

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:12 PM

TX Mom on January 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Awesome. A substantive comment to answer! Thanks;)

Sure Fox didn’t drive the story, but I would add that black radio is a media outlet, and they were part of driving this story. Look where Bill Clinton went…back to black radio to clear it up.

I completely agree with SteveMG’s analysis. I don’t think they thought it through or realize the implications of what they were saying in relationship to LBJ etc, and Bill’s fairy tale statement seems a clear statement about Obama’s Iraq position and completely independent of his campaign and/or race.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

WANTED: Volunteers needed Sat, Jan. 19, 2008 to plaster cars with “ICE” decals at the upcoming democrat party caucus. NO EXPERIENCE necessary. Bilingual skills NOT a requirement. SHINE THE LIGHT!

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I could comment on what the thread degenerated too, but I have way too much respect for the boss to go there.

Back on topic (or at least what I think is the topic), I’m loving the red-on-red violence the Dems are having. I’m under no illusion that it will cause more than the historical 10% of blacks to see the light, but it’s fun popcorn-eating entertainment nonetheless.

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I don’t think you want to go there, son.

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Awesome. A substantive comment to answer! Thanks;)

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Substance is rarely what it seems to be.

My collie says:

Could it be that substance is overrated?

Well, after all, humor IS paramount. A lot that passes for substance is actually speculation, and can probably be classified as tabloid journalism.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM

It’s fun to beat up on Hillary, but we may want her in the general rather than Obama. Hillary’s negatives make her easier to beat. Also, were she to win she’d likely govern more as a centrist than Obama would.

dedalus on January 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Humor again. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will last. There was dissent in the empire too, up until Darth Vader said “I find your lack of faith disturbing…”

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 7:26 PM

I don’t think you want to go there, son.

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:19 PM

————

Please explain your response. Or NOT.

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Pardon? I don’t follow your comment on substance. And on humor, paramount to what?

For the purposes of the comment that you quoted, I mean “substantive” as a statement given with thought.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Do it and then talk about it, lest ye be known as a empty gun.

I for one am tired of the disrespect to MM.

Dersu on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

I don’t follow your comment on substance. And on humor, paramount to what?

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Sorry. Not trying to pick a fight. You are correct. Some of us here post our comments primarily for the entertainment value (to interject some humor into our dismal situation).. and as long as we don’t get too crude, rude, or offensive, that’s probably ok with AP and Bryan.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM

How do the Clintons keep getting away with the ‘blame someone else’ game?
This time , again, its a low level staffer.
They must immediately demote any employee that brings up a Clinton point or issue that no one else likes or turns out to be ‘insensitive’. They’re gonna have to fire everybody on staff at this rate. Do they still use the public as a sounding board?

shooter on January 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Kirsten is correct to say that the media is largely creating this. Michelle is right in her assessment of Clinton’s political methods.

My Point: who the hell cares if this is just media hyped theater, or if it’s actually in play! The fun thing about politics is being able to maneuver yourself to outflank the opponent.

I WANT race to be an issue. I WANT gender to be an issue. I WANT dirty politics… Because if my candidate isn’t dirty enough or can’t outplay the enemy on the other side, then I would never vote for him or her.

Be willing to play the game or go the F- Home

Opinionnation on January 16, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Maybe the defense should be that the Clinton team didn’t write the cracks and they don’t know who did. Seems to be an effective line to stifle MSM queries….

JohnTant on January 16, 2008 at 7:37 PM

CyberCipher on January 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I didn’t think you were trying to pick a fight. I just didn’t understand what you meant.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Please explain your response. Or NOT.

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Let’s review the tape…

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM

You don’t want to mess with another person’s vehicle, son. Is that enough of an explanation, or do I have to type slowly?

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 7:40 PM

As part of the 10%, I think more will cross over once we have a viable black Republican candidate. People will see that there is much less racial divisiveness on this side. And a lot of liberals will show their true colors with race based criticism.

blackpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Sorry ladies. I like ya both, but Kirsten got away with one here. The Dems are distracting and deflecting by saying, “This isn’t about racism” “They’re not racist” as a passive aggressive way of shifting the focus from a bad gaffe to race and gender. It’s a great way to defuse the race card lest it be played while playing the gender card as if it were equivalent (sorry, but we don’t have ghettos or projects or affirmative action for women ’cause as bad as they’re prejudiced or held to standards often unequal to white men…it’s NOTHING compared to what African Americans or other races face).

What this whole thing is about is Hillary’s gaffe:

Obama tried to say words do matter

Hillary tried to say deeds not words

Hillary tried to make the point by factually pointing out that LBJ did some good things for the civil rights movement, but she did so at the expense of suggesting that the President was more important than the man who stirred the nation. It’s like saying management is more important than leadership. That’s a debate position that can’t win. She squirmed, gaffed, and successfully deflected. Her political machine and Dem partisans raced in (pun intended) to suggest that race was suddenly an issue when her gaffe was about the difference
between leadership and management
between a man who stirs a nation and a man who screwed a nation (when a Dem points to LBJ as a great Dem it’s a clear sign of a gaffee-oughtta be a 2 drink penalty)

It’s the difference between words not deeds

And let those of us who post away on the web, who write articles, and books etc NEVER EVER forget that words DO matter. Words are incredibly important. Words, free speech, the web, authors, songwriters, poets, and yes politicians live by words. Without the words there is no inspiration and there are no deeds;

just apathy, appeasement, acquiescence, and submission

scottm on January 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Hillary tried to say deeds not words

scottm on January 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Suspicions confirmed. You are a fool, sir. My comment was not serious. I do not suggest or advocate property crime. Come to LV and watch the circus this situation has become. I’ll make no attempt at humor in the future. I will read all darth vader/star wars references and posts that denigrate MM an KP with all the respect they deserve.

NONE!!

Love,
Loaner

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM

loaner on January 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM

May I suggest in the future using a (/sarcasm) or </sarcasm> closing tag? Humor does not translate well to the ether without other clues, especially when I don’t recognize the user.

If you do that, I’ll recognize what it is you’re doing, and you can happily continue use humor.

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Do it and then talk about it, lest ye be known as a empty gun….

Dersu on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Your wish is AP’s command (it seems we lost a frog in that thread)

steveegg on January 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Wow.

KP vs. the rest of the universe.

I did not like segment one bit. Sorry Michelle.

aengus on January 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM

volsense on January 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Uncle Toms?

aengus on January 16, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I made it about half way down the comments and had to stop. Maybe tomorrow the comments won’t look like they were written by thirteen year old punks. If you wouldn’t say something to a persons face (I don’t believe any of the people I’m talking about has ever talked to a woman so I know I’m spot on) then don’t say it while in a public forum and especially when the forum is provided by the lady that you feel the need to objectify.

Rogue Traveler on January 16, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Kp is the first intelligent, clean and pretty Dem pundit we have ever had.

TheSitRep on January 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I’d feel weird saying my boss is gorgeous.

Ballistic on January 16, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Good Lord people.
Worst thread ever.

SouthernDem on January 16, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I should also add, if the media can create Huckabee, why can’t they create this?
I simply have trouble believing that Clinton, although I’m aware of her proclivity for deception, would try something so risky as to disenranchise the black voters.

SouthernDem on January 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM

What’s disrespectful about commenting that a good looking woman is good looking? Are we on the same planet?

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 9:57 PM

I for one am tired of the disrespect to MM.

Dersu on January 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Oh really? What about the disrespect to Ron Paul supporters that is exhibited on this site?

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Brings back great memories of Annette and Darlene!

Travis1 on January 16, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Why is Ubama so “viable” to most black voters? Geez, I can’t imagine what it is….

SouthernGent on January 16, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Both KP and MM are so hot, that I didn’t actually listen to what either said.

It happens, and I say that without shame.

awake on January 16, 2008 at 11:21 PM

RWLA on January 16, 2008 at 9:59 PM

As I suspected – a troll.

Tell you what, loverboy: if you want to see Mrs. Malkin in a bikini, why do you email her about it? Then come back and let us know what she says. G’ahed. I would love to hear about it.

Until then, go away.

fourstringfuror on January 17, 2008 at 12:05 AM

I don’t think the (R)’s can convert black voters to (R)voters–to any signficant degree any time soon, but how best do the righties maintain and deepen the wedge so that monolith starts to crumble?

urbancenturion on January 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Geez, Allah, that kinda “bait & switch” trick got my hopes up- only to be dashed. I really thought Michele was back on “The (O’Reilly)Factor”. Any chance of that EVER happening?

Re: RWLA et al, it IS getting tedious. Hammertime much?

NightmareOnKStreet on January 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM

thanks for uploading AP I enjoyed the segment. I think they are right I think that Hillary started it but then the media went with it and made it a much bigger deal then when it was and I think that what Bill said was about Iraq not obama in hole…wow me sticking up for the clintons thats a first!

sko17 on January 17, 2008 at 12:41 AM

NightmareOnKStreet on January 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Can’t touch this.

fourstringfuror on January 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Michelle is right the Clintons have tried numerous underhanded exploits and haven’t let morals stand in the way in using proxy smear artists.
The Cintons are a known quantity, we already know they’re sneaky and backhanded of course they’re guilty.
Their history being well known, they have more responsibility to prove they’re not sneaking around.

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Speakup on January 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM

As I suspected – a troll.

Until then, go away.

fourstringfuror on January 17, 2008 at 12:05 AM

So, anyone with a different idea than you is a troll and should go away? That’s inclusive and big minded of you. What do we expect from a bass player, someone with only 2/3rds the talent of a guitar player?
So you have Michelle’s email? Is that how I’m emailing her? I’m sure she’s a LITTLE too busy to respond to my email.
Q – What’s the definition of a bass player?

A – Halfway between a drummer and a musician.

RWLA on January 17, 2008 at 6:16 AM

Okay, although both have good points, I think Kirsten is being a bit naive. At the risk of sounding like I’m paranoid, do not leave anything to chance with the Clintons. I don’t believe there is a low to the Clintons tactics. Call it what you want….. racism, insightfull tactics, what ever, it’s what Clintonians will do to win. It’s just what they do.

oakpack on January 17, 2008 at 6:56 AM

KP is a female Alan Colmes, she just gets away with her outrageous comments more often because (as Allah pointed out a couple of days ago on another thread), attractive women get a pass when they say stupid things. Wasn’t there an episode of “House” where that happened too?

srhoades on January 17, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Hiltery, if race and gender should not be part of the race then both of you should withdraw, so the public can be represented by leaders vice lords.

MM wins with facts.

Irony in Vegas, and Hitlery don’t iron. I thought the motto was “What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas”. Did Sen Ried have a change of ‘I heart Hitlery’ and make sure the motto was reversed to score points.

MSGTAS on January 17, 2008 at 9:15 AM

I smell a Hillary/Obama general election ticket and don’t like it…

max1 on January 17, 2008 at 9:24 AM

If you don’t think that the Clintons play the race card, then I can change your mind with two words: Ricky Rector. If you have forgotten the name, I will go over what the Clintons did. Ricky Rector was no angel. He murdered a guy at a club and then he shot to death an Arkansas police office. Rector then shot himself in the head, destroying his own frontal lobe. He was severely brain damaged and barely alive after that. Although Rector was clearly incompetent to stand trial, Arkansas put him on trial and he got the death sentence. He was also African-American. Now into this scenario comes Bill Clinton. Rector’s execution date was coming near although Rector did not even know he was going to be executed. And liberal groups, the types that the Clintons adore , made the Rector execution a cause celebre, arguing that the state should not execute a man who is so brain damaged that he does not even know that he is on death row or that his execution is forthcoming. But Clinton, seeing a chance to become acceptable to rural and southern whites, actually returned from campaining in New Hampshire to sign the death warrant and be seen as being tough on crime. And when Rector went to his execution, Rector was so unaware of anything that he asked if he could save his last meal for later. It took over 50 attempts to fine a vein for Rector and he died in horrible agony. But for the Clintons, it was all peaches and cream. Bill could be seen as tough at the expense of an African-American male. If the Clintons would do this in the Rector case, why would anyone doubt that the Clintons would not use the race card to destroy Barack Obama? The Clintons are really that cynical a couple.
It is a good thing that there are people like me who don’t let the Clintons get away with anything.

Larraby on January 17, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Settle down, boys.

Allahpundit on January 16, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Thank you, AP. There were too many comments early on that appeared written by a hyper-libidinous 8th grader.

Best to keep such things off the public forums. How does that separate us from the dude who called MM “Bush’s Asian-babe PR shill” last week?

Captain Scarlet on January 17, 2008 at 11:03 AM

big minded

Way to use your big words, Junior. Run along now – the grownups are busy talking.

fourstringfuror on January 17, 2008 at 4:58 PM