Fred: Attacking McCain is just what Huckabee wants me to do

posted at 5:26 pm on January 16, 2008 by Allahpundit

The reverse stalking horse argument: It’s not that he’s doing McCain’s bidding by attacking Huck, it’s that he’d be doing Huck’s bidding by attacking McCain. The new Clemson poll taken over the past week shows him stuck in fourth, 19 points behind McCain (but with 17 percent still undecided). Memo to Fred: Attack both.

Huck’s going to start his own bombing campaign shortly. Meanwhile, Cavuto senses the buzzards circling in anticipation of Saturday night and wonders — would Fred endorse Huck? Hey, why not? He’s against amnesty, just like he’s against federal smoking bans and immigration from terrorist states. What’s not to love?

Incidentally, Cavuto had Ed Rollins, Huck’s campaign manager, on immediately after this to respond to Fred. His verdict: Talk to me when you beat Ron Paul somewhere.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

No doubt the Metamucil helps.

redneck hippie on January 16, 2008 at 7:24 PM

geckomon on January 16, 2008 at 6:55 PM

You forgot to insert a few obligatory knee-slaps.

thirteen28 on January 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Obama

Kusinich

Karl Freakin’ Marx

Stalin

Huck

cs89 on January 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Let me fix that for you.

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM

I think I might like that list better than mine.

Zombie Reagan would totally take it!

SimplyKimberly on January 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Obama
Kusinich
Karl Freakin’ Marx
Stalin
Huck
cs89 on January 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM

You put Huck about where I do.

I MIGHT be able to pull the lever for McCain. I do not think I can do that for Huckabee.

MsDollie on January 16, 2008 at 7:57 PM

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on January 16, 2008 at 7:57 PM

(D*ckwaving snipped.)

If the decision is between Romney, Huckabee, McCain, Obama, and Hillary, the choice is obvious. You go with the guy most likely to govern in a conservative manner.

The available evidence demonstrates fairly conclusively that none of them is most likely to govern in a conservative manner: Obama’s a vacuous socialist and Hillary is a power-crazed authoritarian; Huckabee is a Bible-thumping statist; McCain is an open-borders censor; and Romney is a poll-driven weathervane whose political philosophy, to the extent it’s ascertainable, is of a piece with that of RINO Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Taking this high and mighty “purist” stance and huffing and puffing because your guy couldn’t get the nomination is foolish.

Oh, for chrissakes. This isn’t about me pouting because my guy didn’t win prom king. This is about the party to which I’ve belonged my entire adult life, to which I’ve donated many thousands of dollars, and for which I’ve been a reliable vote for the last 20 years, surrendering any pretense of nominating a conservative candidate. Don’t like Fred? Fine: SECOND LOOK AT DUNCAN HUNTER. Or somebody, anybody, but the collection of frauds that are presently vying for the frontrunnership. Give me a reason to keep giving the party my time, money, and vote.

Or don’t. But if you don’t, don’t blame me for the party’s crushing electoral defeat, or it’s travails under a sh!tbag RINO.

All elections are about supporting the lesser or all evils. ALL elections.

The sophomoric “ALL ELECTIONS ARE ABOUT SUPPORTING THE LESSER EVIL” assertion neglects the case, as here, where there is no lesser evil, just different evils.

Centerfire on January 16, 2008 at 8:09 PM

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Wow, Ron Paul is below Huck? Yeesh.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 8:09 PM

You draw a frickin’ line. Thus far, no further.

Then you stand by it. I think we’ve forgotten how to do that. I really do.

wccawa on January 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Hey, Madison… all is well?

wccawa on January 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM

wccawa on January 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Indeed.

Spirit of 1776 on January 16, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Hey, Madison… all is well?

wccawa on January 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Yeah, just stay our of the Fred overlawyered thread. It got messy in thar.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Fred,
“I’ve been busting my gut out here on the campaign trail, away from my family, and you’re trying to tell me that this is a conspiracy to….”

Busting your gut, away from your family, huh Fred?

There are important issues we have to deal with… that face our nation.. Is it worth busting your but over it, Fred?

Well HELL, DON’T ASK ME! I have no clue!

Sorry Fredheads I couldn’t resist it.

As I have said..
Welcome to your new Overlords.. the Mittheads

Is Washington broken? YES!!

Can it be fixed? YES!!

Is it worth busting your butt over it? YES!!

Are we the team for the job? YES!!

Mcguyver on January 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Hey, Madison… all is well?

wccawa on January 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM
Yeah, just stay our of the Fred overlawyered thread. It got messy in thar.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM

It’s safe now. I’m back. :)

tickleddragon on January 16, 2008 at 8:42 PM

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Wow, Ron Paul is below Huck? Yeesh.

MadisonConservative on January 16, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Do not try to bend your mind around the racist homophobic antisemitism disguised as libertarianism. You need only realize the truth – there is no Ron Paul.

ErikTheRed on January 16, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Yes. Don’t you worry, all Fredheads will come home to Huckabee after Fred drops out saturday night!

What planet are you from? I’ll vote for Paul before Huck.

We really need to consider Approval Voting in this country. I’m tired of seeing the vote split so that the worst possible candidate wins.

Browncoatone on January 16, 2008 at 8:53 PM

This statement is just ALL kinds of stupid. But then, it came from a troll…so whatever.

tickleddragon on January 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Please no Huckabee endorsement from The Fred. No, no.

bopone on January 16, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Welcome to your new Overlords.. the Mittheads…

Is Washington broken? YES!!

Can it be fixed? YES!!

Is it worth busting your butt over it? YES!!

Are we the team for the job? YES!!

Mcguyver on January 16, 2008 at 8:30 PM

all your votes are belong to us!

Tacitus on January 16, 2008 at 9:04 PM

If Fred endorses Huck, I’ll…I’ll…write in a vote!

SouthernGent on January 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Ed Rollins, Huck’s campaign manager. . . . His verdict: Talk to me when you beat Ron Paul somewhere.

Boy are the folks in Iowa and Wyoming going to be upset when they realize that they aren’t “somewhere.”

Mallard T. Drake on January 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Would any Fredhead actually go to…Huckabee?!

Tzetzes on January 16, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Not a chance. I could possibly hold my nose for Mitt, but not even a heavy duty clothespin could keep out the stench from the Huckster.

Gianni on January 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Mallard T. Drake on January 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM

If I’m not somewhere then where am I?

Gianni on January 17, 2008 at 12:01 AM

So I’m driving home tonight and I am stopped at a stoplight. A white construction style utility truck pulls up in the lane next to me. Out of the corner of my eye I can sense commotion in that vehicle. I turn my eyes to spy what it is and the driver is motioning me to roll down my window. I oblige and he says, “I just wanted to say I’m voting for Fred! I was thinking about voting for McCain but then a friend told me to take this internet quiz. So I did and it said that my views are more in line on every issue with Fred Thompson. So now, I’m going to vote for Fred. Just wanted to tell you that.” See… I have a Fred08 bumper sticker on my car, in case your wondering why a perfect stranger in SoCal would do something like that. I said, “Forget the polls. I’m voting for Fred no matter what. Thanks for sharing the wonderful news. I appreciate it.” Then I gave him the big Maverick thumbs up for good measure.

I always knew driving up and down the 15 freeway with that sticker on my bumper would pay off. FRED ’08: Changing the minds of utility truck driving construction workers one at a time through pheromones because construction workers know Fredheads have more sex.

Sultry Beauty on January 17, 2008 at 12:21 AM

The only candidate who consistantly gets large numbers of conservatives to support him is Mitt Romney. This should be a clear message to all conservatives about who they need to rally around. Mitt currently has 52 delegates (and will soon have Nevada with 34 more going into Super Tuesday)and the next highest is 22 (Huckabee). Go Mitt!

davenp35 on January 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Gotta admire your persistence, even while noting that to you, everything seems to send a “clear message to all conservatives” to “rally around” Mitt.

theregoestheneighborhood on January 17, 2008 at 1:32 AM

I don’t understand Thompson’s strategy (if that’s what it is). McCain, for some inexplicable reason, is the front-runner in S.C. Thompson has said he’s “drawing a line in the sand in S.C.” — but he’s not willing to attack McCain? WTF? How does Thompson expect to move up if he’s not willing to tell S.C. voters why they should not be voting for McCain? Thompson should be plastering the state with photos of McCain and Graham, and reminding S.C. voters how they tried to ram the McCain-Kennedy amnesty monstrosity down the throats of Americans, and how they arrogantly accused those opposed to amnesty (like the majority of South Carolinians) of being xenophobic bigots.

AZCoyote on January 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Sultry Beauty on January 17, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Admittedly, when I moved to Madison, I was startled by the number of people who saw my Bush/Cheney ’04 and Reagan/Bush ’84 bumper stickers and either gave me a thumbs up or a cheer.

However, neither was as satisfying as telling the guy in the Geo Metro covered in anti-Bush stickers “CHENEY ’08!!!”

MadisonConservative on January 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM

MadisonConservative on January 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM

You’re growing in stature for me MadCon. I like guys with big cajones.

Sultry Beauty on January 17, 2008 at 11:26 AM

The sad thing is IF Fred starts to speak out against McCain before Saturday, everyone will be saying that he is only doing so because of the push to do so, therefore losing votes. If he does not hit McCain before saturday, he loses votes due to the “Fred supports McCain” talk. Whoever thought up that rumor is a political genius.

AverageJoe on January 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM

AverageJoe on January 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM

That would be Allahpundit. Or at least that was the first time I heard that thought process, then Ace picked up on it and so on and so on.

Sultry Beauty on January 17, 2008 at 1:21 PM

You’re growing in stature for me MadCon. I like guys with big cajones.

Sultry Beauty on January 17, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Thanks, but it doesn’t takes cajones to piss off a diehard progressive in this patch of transplanted Stalinist Russia.

You know what I just heard on the radio here? Some councilman is pushing to get plastic bags banned, as well as bottled water at public events. You know, because it’s so much better to chop down trees.

MadisonConservative on January 17, 2008 at 1:29 PM

The flat fact is that Thompson and McCain have diametrically opposed views of immigration Thompson is crazy if he does not realize that McCain is a much bigger threat to his candidacy than is Huckabee, who is already beginning to fade. If McCain wins South Carolina, it will be largely because Thompson did not publicize McCain’s betrayal of the American people on the issue of immigration. Thompson will be finished and McCain will be the odds-on favorite for the nomination.

ptolemy on January 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM