Video: John McCain gets booed in Michigan

posted at 5:10 pm on January 14, 2008 by Bryan

Michelle noted the booing earlier today, but seeing it on video elevates the story from entertaining to priceless. And it’s over a signature issue, one on which he has been lying lately, illegal immigration.

That story that McCain tells in his defense — calling a soldier who has been serving in Iraq to tell him that the government is deporting his mother — might account for .000001 cases of illegal immigration. So why does he keep telling it?

Update (AP): Just listen as the many caveats to enforcement slip lightly from his lips. Fred should be killing him on this. He’s the only one of the big five whose immigration record is untainted, and yet the most he could muster yesterday on CNN when asked about it directly was this:

BLITZER: And very quickly, McCain, is there a real difference between you and McCain?

THOMPSON: Yeah, I disagree with the illegal immigration bill that they proposed last year and the year before last. Said it from the very beginning, didn’t think that was the way to go. I’ve disagreed with him on tax cuts in times past. In 2001, in particular, I know of one time when I supported the tax cut and he didn’t. So, yeah. And we’ve talked about that.

He’s going to lose this race on Saturday by squandering these opportunities. Watch and see.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I disagree strongly with McCain on immigration, but I also disagree with Michelle that we should boo him when he speaks.

Let’s leave the suppression-of-speech-by-louder-speech to Code Pink and the Democrats.

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

What you sow you shall reap.

(Current polling notwithstanding.)

Hawkins1701 on January 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Because on this issue McCain is a dishonest demagogue who knows his own record couldwill be his undoing.

FTFY

As for Allah, I’m not so sure, I think he’s got to hope that McCain breaks Romney in MI, then hope McCain takes himself out in SC with his various sellouts. This is a good start toward that end.

Or I could be wrong, and Fred should have just destroyed McCain and Huck in one fell swoop. We’ll see I guess.

doubleplusundead on January 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM

OK. I volunteer to call that soldier’s mother. Give me a name and phone number, Senator JohnO’McAmnesty. It also shows how sensitive to criticism JMac really easy. Kind of like how Huckapuke is thin skinned.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Maybe the tide is beginning to turn once again. Pray for Mitt to win Michigan tomorrow!

OKCubsFan on January 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Ditto…i’d rather not stoop to the level of heckling a prisoner of war and a hero because I don’t like his “solution” to the illegal immigration problem.

I’d rather come up with a better idea…like deporting 12 million people…oh wait…thats impossible.

damn, i guess i have no good reason to heckle at all…

ernesto on January 14, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Come on down to Florida McLame we’ll boo ya down here too!

Bicyea on January 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM

High Five Michigan!

SimplyKimberly on January 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM

This should be his undoing. I could almost forgive his absolute aversion to torture no matter the circumstance, but not his position on amnesty.

4shoes on January 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Whenever McPain addresses his audience as,

my friend

, you can take it to the bank that you are one of the

loud folks

he must tolerate in order to garner the Republican nomination. I tell you that that verbal tic of his just grates on me unceasingly.

Jammer on January 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Amnesty McCain…we remember. You and Teddy. Sittin’ in a tree…

ronsfi on January 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

As I have noted before, 90% of MI is conservative and it’s the nuts in Detroit, Ann Arbor and Lansing that give the rest of us a bad rap. What a pile of crap about calling a soldier to tell him his mother has been deported. Does he think we are that stupid. By the way, I’d be happy to if it means that the other 15 people living there and sapping the state of the few dollars we have will be sent packing with her.

flytier on January 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

He’s going to lose?? Actually he’s already lost. The campaign is dead. We’re just awaiting the autosy.

This quote is good evidence that Fred never really wanted it.

Vote Sauron 08 on January 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Booing the guy isnt suppression of speech — it is a free speech expression of disapproval of what the guy is saying, just like clapping is free speech approval of what he is saying.

I say BOO away Michigan, then do the ultimate BOO job by voting against McAmnesty tomorrow.

BTW, supprssion of speech is chanting some slogan repeatedly with the intent to stop him speaking. THAT is what the leftists do. (or even worse they rush the stage at Ivy league auditoriums).

Booing is what you do after the guy says something to tell him he is full of BS.

Always Right on January 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Any man that can say what McCain did about the 1st Amendment (on Imus’ radio show?) has no business being a part of the US government, let alone being President.

That, the ‘campaign finance reform’ horror, amnesty – I cannot understand how he has any wind left in his sails!

Utterly awful candidate.

LimeyGeek on January 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Check the end of the MSNBC article for this gem!

“Most of us don’t agree with him on immigration, but I give him credit for trying,” said Chris D. Schoenbeck of Milwaukee.

With his profile rising, a growing number of Democrats are accusing McCain of flip-flopping on issues to court conservative GOP primary voters.

That’s rich! Dems feeling jilted by a GOP candidate for trying to run a conservative campaign…that about says it all for McCain…I love it!

jawbone on January 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

BOOing specific content or comments is quite different than completely shouting them down and not allowing them to speak or simply disrupting an assembly of people that are trying to listen.

pwadams on January 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

I’ll do it what his number.

I got Vonage and an itchy finger.

Fredalanche!©a> ◄ Donate!

TheSitRep on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

[locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM]

Oh please, that comment doesn’t apply here. What, people are restricted to clapping only or sitting on their hands?

It was a registration of disagreement, it took all of less than 15 seconds. No one disrupted the rally where it required chants of “Don’t tase me, bro,”, but was quieted by the “shhh’s to which the most vocal person quieted down.

John McCain: Life’s to short to listen to the public.

Maybe he’s too damn old to run for president, then.

Dusty on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Suppression of speech? Like, I don’t know, McCain-Feingold? They didn’t rush the stage, they voiced their disapproval.

I respect his military service and thank him for that. But that doesn’t mean he has immunity for the rest of his life, from backlash resulting from whatever horrible policies he wishes to shove down our throats.

amerpundit on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

I agree. One might even say that’s what a true conservative would do.

Spirit of 1776 on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Is McCain saying we have an army of ANCHOR BABIES????? What a load of crap!!!

DfDeportation on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Alright Allah Pundit. Here’s the insanity in your polls in a nutshell. I showed you how that poll you posted last night says McCain is the most trusted Republican on Immigration.

TheBigOldDog on January 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

I know. And it’s a damn shame. Fred is a no BS guy, but he needs to make his case. People following him closely enough or know of him know that he’s right on, but if he doesn’t get people fired up, he will go by the wayside and we’ll end up with Huck or McCain as the nominee…. *cringe*

mattyj86 on January 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

That answer McCain gave was BOGUS. Another reason why I’ll never EVER vote for him.

It made me very happy to see him get booed. I’d like to see him come over to Utah and pull that sh**.

CABE on January 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM

pwadams on January 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Ever listened to the British House of Commons?

LimeyGeek on January 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Suppression of speech? Like, I don’t know, McCain-Feingold?

amerpundit on January 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Karma.

Buy Danish on January 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Look Fredheads, hes right. The only think I can think of is that he has a lot of support in the military down there and someone did some polling and found out that if you crack down hard on a military hero it will spread amongst the ranks.

And I am a Fredhead as well, I just hope they know what they are doing.

broker1 on January 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

While I like McCain on the WOT I hate that we will lose Illegal Immigration as an issue if he wins the nomination.

I really wish someone with sense would get to McCain and change his mind. Maybe Fred can educate him not by attacking but by giving McCain a way out of his mess

William Amos on January 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM

but seeing it on video elevates the story from entertaining to priceless.

You’re right, because I heard one person booing, and several hundred aplauding. That’s what I heard.

Wise Golden on January 14, 2008 at 5:38 PM

flytier on January 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Amen, brother. Being born and raised in Michigan, I am saddened at a place I used to call home has fallen into such decline. Michiganders are proud people whom believe in conservatism. It’s only the liberals and sponges that make it worse for everyone else. Also, Gov. Jenny has done absolutely nothing to help the state at all…….well, she did raise taxes on almost everything! What a way to follow the liberal motto (and I think McLame would follow this too), “To each according to his needs. From each according to his abilities.” Don’t think JMac would follow this? He has quotes about redistributing wealth that he has quickly flip-flopped on. Go Fred. Crush McAmnesty in Michigan, Mitt!!!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 14, 2008 at 5:38 PM

I completely disagree that there should be no booing. You hoot and applaud loudly when you agree, don’t you? Why shouldn’t hoot and boo when you disagree? Otherwise these numbskulls won’t get the message. I think it was completely appropriate, and not at all like the code pinko shoutdowns.

McCain has a big surprise waiting for him in Arizona – lots of angry Republicans waiting to get payback in the primary (and the next senate race).

Time for John to go to Mass. and sit around drinking with his new best bud, Ted(TDM), for his retirement.

Timothy S. Carlson on January 14, 2008 at 5:38 PM

William Amos on January 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM

McCain is a fanatic. There is no rational reason for him to support this stupidity.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM

This cannot be repeated enough.

Hope you’re wrong. Afraid you’re right.

thirteen28 on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Maybe, but how many of those for whom illegal immigration is an important issue don’t already know of McCain’s highly publicised immigration record? If support for McCain-Kennedy is a deal killer for someone, they’re not likely to support McCain anyways.

Besides, it would look a bit hypocritical to come down hard on McCain considering that Thompson supported him in 2000. The moderates are still going to support McCain; it’s the conservative vote he’s after, and Huckster is the easiest target to draw them from.

You’re probably right that it’s too late, but it still makes sense to out-conservative Huck rather than try and out-moderate McCain.

Hollowpoint on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Can’t wait until the GOP Presidental Convention happens with McCain at the helm. We can all rally and cheer while he stands up on the stage beside the podum waving this banner about. Can’t you just see it now, you’ll be so happy you’ll have tears in your eyes!

Sultry Beauty on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Bryan:

So why does he keep telling it? Because on this issue McCain is a dishonest demagogue who knows his own record could be his undoing.

Wonderful clarity.

AllahPundit:

Painful, wistful clarity. It’s a crying shame.

Jaibones on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Sultry Beauty on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

You’re killing me.

Jaibones on January 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I still have respect for speech I disagree with, especially if it comes from a US Senator in the midst of a presidential run. I respect the office and those who might agree with him.

It’s not about restraining people from booing him, it’s about disagreeing with their personal choice to do so.

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Beautiful!

HaraldHardrada on January 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

While I respect McCain’s military service he should not be President. He has been running ads in Michigan saying he is not for the status-quo in Washington. WRONG! This guy is the status-quo. His anti-freespeech bill and his support of an illegal immigration invasion of the United States is unforgivable. He canceled his visit to my town or I would have booed him too!

deadbackpacker on January 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Hollowpoint on January 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

With all due respect, I don’t agree at all with your assesment. He doesn’t need to out-moderate McCain. He needs to remind voters that 80% of them opposed McCain’s shamnesy bill. That has nothing to do with out-moderating.

Spirit of 1776 on January 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Im in ohio its those other republicans who are screwing up the party. Come one South Carolina pick a real republican !

William Amos on January 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Do you disagree with McVain’s admonition to Sen. Cornyn to “go f–k yourself” during the amnesty debate?

Seems like those that booed him were a lot more classy than he was to Sen. Cornyn.

thirteen28 on January 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

More rebranding of amnesty: he’s doing it for the warriors. The last refuge of a scoundrel. I just don’t see if there is any point to our soldiers going to Iraq if any member of al Quada can just walk across our southern border and blow up or fly into any building they want. McCain isn’t tone deaf on this he’s plain out deaf.

snaggletoothie on January 14, 2008 at 5:48 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

thirteen28 on January 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

And his pal Lyndsay using a podium and microphone to label the political opposition from the citizenry, bigots.

Spirit of 1776 on January 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM

I don’t understand Michigan. During the debates McCain was talking about giving the people of SC and Michigan some “Straight Talk”. Telling them they’ve lost jobs and they ain’t getting them back, and the only way the Average Joe is gonna recover from their devastating economy is if the government, and by default McCain as President, helps them out and gives them money for re-education programs and the like. Like El Rushbo said today on his show, (paraphrasing)’I don’t understand Michigan conservatives. If they looked at the things McCain or Huckabee are proposing their economy already in a shambles conparatively, will never recover. Michigan will never be able to manufacture another Corvette with the Enery Bills he wants to propose. If this is what is being called or defined as Conservativism now, then Conservativism is dead. The Reagan Era is gone and for that matter even the Bush Era is gone. Now Conservativism is being defined by the candidates to meet any and every need they think they need to fill with the populace. That’s not what Reagan meant when he was talking about a shining beacon on a hill..’

Sultry Beauty on January 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

The man stood as a Senator and called me a bigot and a xenophobe for disagreeing with the Shamnesty he tried to shove down our throats this summer.

As far as I am concerned, he has burned any respect he deserves.

Timothy S. Carlson on January 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Imagine the cognitive dissonance among Fredheads when The One drops out after S.C. and endorses McCain. I can’t wait!

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM

A) In the debates, wasn’t it the soldier’s grandmother? Now it’s his mother?

B) If he’s really concerned about the soldier’s family, why not push a bill that allows the immediate family of soldiers to apply for a shortcut to citizenship? Why does it have to be a part of a larger amnesty for all illegal immigrants? The answer, of course, is he is just using this rare case as an excuse to promote the larger non-amnesty amnesty.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Instead of addressing the issue, McCain just spouts out some minuscule example as if that was the absolute moral authority on illegal immigration. Sounds like a liberal to me.

geckomon on January 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Spirit of 1776 on January 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

They already know whether they opposed McCain-Kennedy; that’s the point. Either they’re willing to overlook (or agree with) McCain’s role in it or not; there aren’t too many people who are unaware of which side McCain was on. To run against McCain on amnesty is just beating a dead horse.

With Huckster a lot of people may still be unaware of exactly how liberal he’s been on a lot of issues- including illegal immigration- and that makes him vulnerable.

Hollowpoint on January 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Wow! Did you come up with that original idea all by yourself??? I’m truly impressed by you independent thinking!

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM

I’ve read a lot of stuff about McCain’s temper and I always took it with a grain of salt.

But those last few seconds of that video show the heart of a real asshole. He wasn’t just defending himself, or defending his cause or position, the man was royally pissed off and he took it personally. He obviously can’t stand it when anyone disagrees with him and stands up to him.

Every single story I’ve ever read about the man’s temper now rings very true. Not only is he not a true conservative, he’s dangerous.

Jaynie59 on January 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Does anyone notice how whenever McCain is challenged on immigration, the first thing that he does in trot out that line about not deporting a serviceman’s wife?

He does that to make anyone questioning him look cruel as well as unpatriotic. The Huckster would be proud….

Lane on January 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM

geckomon on January 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM

There is NOTHING good about McCain. You though he was good on Iraq? He now claims he invented the surge. What a nut! He probably doesn’t think he is lying, he believes it.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM

AP

And it wouldn’t have taken a cheap shot on Fred’s part to forcefully define the difference; it wouldn’t necessarily have been part 9,000 of “Our Crap Politics” to say:

“Senator McCain supported a bill that he called comprehensive immigration reform, along with the President. I disagreed with them and characterized it as yet another amnesty. The Senator then chose to declare all opposed to this bill to be racists and xenophobes who hate brown people, and this was wrong and grossly unfair to conservatives in this country and the millions of potential legal immigrants who sit on foreign shores and dream of becoming Americans.”

I wonder why Fred couldn’t do that?

Jaibones on January 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM

No, I didn’t come up with it all by myself. Like many, I have recognized that The Thompson vs. McCain divide is not nearly as large as Fredheads would like to think it is. I’m just pointing it out, wondering what the reaction is going to be like when it happens.

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Hollowpoint on January 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

I disagree. But I admit it maybe it’s modified by my own anecdotal evidence. I gave McCain a second look earlier in the last couple months, which after amnesty I would have thought impossible. I still it is valuable to remind the voters of the things they found most repulsive.

If he is allowed to set the terms of his narrative, ie the surge, without contradiction on his amnesty message, we really have no room for complaint if he is elected and fires it up again.

Spirit of 1776 on January 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM

I wonder why Fred couldn’t do that?

Jaibones on January 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM

That is a good question. But do you honestly believe anyone who cares about illegal immigration has already forgotten McCain’s role?

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Why do you want to send all of our troops’ grandmothers back to their home countries?

He gets cheers for that kind of nonsense from his supporters. Although, I do wonder if the guy who they have a manhunt going on for is one of McCain’s illegal alien troops killing the pregnant women that American troops won’t kill.

Buddahpundit on January 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Lane on January 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM

So would Hillary.

Yes, I think McVain is that low.

thirteen28 on January 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Well I would think that getting rid of illegal immigrants through attrition vs. granting an immediate visa that lets them stay permanently is a pretty big difference.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Michael Medved is having a 3 hour McVain love-fest. I was getting close to puking. This clip was a nice palate cleanser. Thanks.

NTWR on January 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM

I’m surprised McCain is never questioned about CFR. After all, didn’t he essentially co-write a bill that improved his chances of winning a presidential campaign? And yet no one ever brings up the fact that, after losing in 2000, he changed the rules to his favor.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Jaynie59 on January 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Now you know the McCain we know and (don’t) love in Arizona.
Enjoy!

Timothy S. Carlson on January 14, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Buddahpundit on January 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Well more than half the stories I hear about rapes also involve illegal aliens. You think that maybe the people who don’t give a damn about a country’s laws don’t even consider satisfying their urges against someone’s wishes a crime?

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM

BOOOOOOOOO. He should be thankful they didn’t throw tomatoes.
Anyway he should consider wearing a tie sometime he looks sloppy…but most senile people are.

oh and GO FRED

Buttercup on January 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:05 PM

You mean McCain-Feingold-Thompson, the bill that most (not sure about Huck) of the other Republican candidates supported at one time or another?

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Now you know the McCain we know and (don’t) love in Arizona.
Enjoy!

Timothy S. Carlson on January 14, 2008 at 6:07 PM

McCain is a true Manchurian candidate with the Stockholm syndrome. A certifiable nut is the front-runner of the Republican party. He follows a pathological liar. How quaint!

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Here’s another poor guy who might get deported (again) if McCain doesn’t win…

NTWR on January 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Thompson has admitted his mistake.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM

You’re saying Rudy and Mitt supported CFR?

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Just think about chess strategy, AP.

steveegg on January 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Always Right

hmmm, I keep wanting to quote you cuz you’re always right

Based on his campaign so far, I would conclude Fred is running for VP, he doesn’t seem to attack McCain, Romney, or Giulani much, but has been number one hitman on the Huckster and Paul.

Looks like Mitt is the best bet to run against HillBama and a strong conservative like Thompson or Hunter a heartbeat away should keep the base happy.

Mitt is a family guy, Christian, and pretty squeaky clean. the fact that he win the Govship of ultrablue Mass is impressive.

Rudy? I don’t see it, too many negatives and the fact that he ducked a race with Hillary gives me tremors.

I’m calling it for Mitt

windansea on January 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM

That’s about the only thing on which Fred and McVain had a meeting of the minds, and Fred has admitted it didn’t turn out quite like he intended. It’s still no excuse, but when you consider McVain’s very long list of knives put into the GOP back, Fred looks pretty good by comparison.

thirteen28 on January 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Just think about chess strategy, AP.

steveegg on January 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Yes, Fred “woke up” in just the right debate for some reason, didn’t he?

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM

You’re saying Rudy and Mitt supported CFR?

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Back in the day, yes.

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:15 PM

You mean McCain-Feingold-Thompson
Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM

By the way… you still didn’t answer my question about why McCain isn’t questioned about it. It was his bill.

With regards to Thompson’s support of CFR, there’s no argument there. I didn’t like his half-hearted response to Wolf Blitzer’s question about the difference between him and McCain. There seems to be a cronyism there that overweights his desire to win.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:15 PM

My guess is that they have judged that the Return fire from McCain, highlighting their own support/near-cosponsorship of the bill would be more damaging to them than the initial volley would be to McCain.

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:17 PM

McCain needs to hear a lot more booing, he is so self righteous that he actually believes the lies he throws around.

Just who we need for Pres. right now, a snide, arrogant fool who thinks blowing up at a people is a solution to anything.

we don’t need a crotchety old fart for a President in a time of war, economic imperative and with threats to the sovereignty of the union.

Speakup on January 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM

He follows a pathological liar. How quaint!

Igor

blinded by the light? W is probably one of the most honest men to ever serve as Prez, I think you skipped 8 years in your deliberations.

windansea on January 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Look on the bright side- if McCain wins we might be able to stop Gorebal Warming!

NTWR on January 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I just did a YouTube search. There are a lot of clips of Rudy supporting it. Found one of Mitt speaking out against it. You’re right, that would be why the candidates wouldn’t bring it up. It would also be why the press doesn’t it bring it up in a primary. I wonder if it’ll pop up in a general election, though.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM

NTWR on January 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM

It doesn’t take much to stop it. You just say “Look, it’s gone!” and indeed it is. Now THAT’S real magic! Getting rid of what was never there, it’s a beautiful thing.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:21 PM

OK, McCrock, make a deal with you. Your soldier’s ma can stay if you personally chuck out those hundreds of thousands of demonstrators who tramped through American cities in spring 06 , carrying Mexican flags and yelling that this was their country, not yours and mine. What do you say….my friend?

dhimwit on January 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM

McCain refused the will of the people this past June. In spite of overwhelming opposition to the amnesty legislation, not only did he support it, he was one of it’s biggest cheerleaders.

How can he have the level of support that he has when he disenfranchised every American who didn’t support the amnesty legislation? Do we like to be ignored and have anti middle class policies shoved down our throats?

Every open borders republican is responsible for the destruction of the republican party. I guess all those republican donations due to Mel Martinez being Chairman of the GOP didn’t quite resonate.

No candidate can fix health care with 20 million people stealing it. No candidate can seriously talk about jobs without addressing the jobs stolen by illegal aliens. The same holds true for education. When millions steal the education of America’s youth, how can education be improved? Want to talk about crime and quality of life issues? You cannot seriously do so without addressing illegal immigration first.

The dems are beyond hope and the republican party is fast becoming the same. I’ve said it before, I’ll throw my vote away before giving it to open borders republicans like McCain and Huckabee.

voiceofreason on January 14, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Didn’t you guys get the memo? It’s not Global Warming anymore. It’s Global Climate Change. See, that way, no matter what happens, it’s Exxon’s fault. Record low? Exxon’s fault. Record highs? Exxon’s fault. A shappy levee in New Orleans breaks during a category 3 hurricane, flooding the city. It’s Exxon’s fauly for creating more severe storms — category 3′s that are even worse than category 4′s. Plus, you see, because before Exxon made huge profits, the children in Iraq used to laugh and play and fly kites. And if none of this makes sense to you, it’s because you’re a stupid Republican. Democrates get it.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

He follows a pathological liar. How quaint!

Igor

windansea on January 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM

It wasn’t W I meant, but Huck.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

The people seem a bit feeble-minded these days.

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Actually it’s been downgrade to the Global Weather Change. Man-made afternoon breeze…doesn’t that sound ominous?

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Step aside Juan…it’s over.

HaraldHardrada on January 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Ha!

Just a little info for those who don’t know…. 95% of the greenhouse effect is caused by water vapor. Keep that in mind the next time you hear someone talk about “Global Warming pollution.” Even when you boil water for your pasta, you’re destroying the Earth.

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

It wasn’t W I meant, but Huck.

ok sorry, didn’t see that.

Man-made afternoon breeze…doesn’t that sound ominous?

today’s Nor’easter in Nor’England was billed on CNN as “Extreme Weather”

Which is code for global warming and I better sell the sportfisher.

windansea on January 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

locke on January 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Along with this woman who came over illegally and gave birth to a son or daughter that would one day serve in Iraq …came an estimated 2 Million (probably more like 5 Million) with criminal records, communicable diseases, mental illness’ and who knows what else ………….no doubt they will give birth to citizens who will also contribute to our country some day. ………….….McCain needs a new story

Tbucks on January 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM

I thought it was the wife. Or something.

It’s amazing that a guy like this is arguably the frontrunner of our party.

HYTEAndy on January 14, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Spolitics on January 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

And what’s the biggest cause of water vapor? It’s all the talk about Global Warming. “Just shut up and stay cool!”, is that a good slogan or what?

Igor R. on January 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM

TheSitRep on January 14, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Dude, be careful what news sites you link to. That one’s pretty racist.

Big S on January 14, 2008 at 6:43 PM