Outrageously outrageous outrage: Huck says Fred needs Metamucil

posted at 5:45 pm on January 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

Lots of tips coming in about this. We complain that our candidates are too stiff and risk-averse and then they make a jokey crack like this and we complain that they’ve crossed a line. Lighten up, gang.

I do wonder, though: Does this count as negative campaigning? He did mention Fred’s name, after all.

The clip has been edited for brevity, specifically to remove some of the same points made in his Fox & Friends appearance this morning. Interesting that this aired about 15 minutes before that one and yet there was no Metamucil line in the latter. Did one of his aides tell him he’d gone too far?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’d be happy with a Romney/Thompson ticket or a Thompson/Romney ticket. The latter would set Mitt up nicely for another run 8 years later, after people realize he’s nowhere near as liberal as they seem to think.

NTWR on January 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM

I’ll second that. The Huckabee/Mccain train must be derailed at all costs!

Resolute on January 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Someone here said Fred! went after McCain on Mark Levin’s radio show today. I was surprised to hear that, but am curious what he said. Anybody hear it?

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Huckabee is a remarkable candidate. Below, we have two separate Huckabee supports, one which supports amnesty and open-borders and the other who is vehemently apposed to both.

Huckabee has had so many positions on the issue his supporters can just take their pick.

Huckabee/ McCain 08!

Wise Golden on January 11, 2008 at 5:23 PM

The legislation [shamnesty] was quite good and met with a huge positive response from Republican law-makers.

Wise Golden on January 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Huckabee/Hunter 08′
Out with the old guard republican establishment that forces amnesty down our throats[…]

HaraldHardrada on January 11, 2008 at 7:34 PM

FloatingRock on January 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Evolution?

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM

I would still protect YOU so YOU could live.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM

-Abolish the IRS and institute the Fair Tax.
How do you propose he’ll get that through Congress?

-Failing that, he wants to cut taxes and cut spending.
Nice back up plan, except, given the opportunity in AR, he raised taxes

-He has taken the no new tax pledge.
Kinda like how he didn’t take money from his own shell corp. to pay for his speeches?

-He wants to stay in Iraq until the job is done and we are successful. Everyone on that stage does, with the exception of the Paulbot

-He wants to stay on offense on the war on terror.
Again, except for the Paulbot, who doesn’t?

-He is committed to denting Iran nuclear weapons.
What exactly does “denting” mean?

-He wants to protect the sanctity of unborn life.
I didn’t think abortion was an issue for Republicans this election, but okay. How do you respond to his having let out more violent criminals than 3 other governors put together? Would seem that the sanctity of “born” life (i.e. victims) should trump that!

-He wants to protect traditional marriage.
So does Fred! and Romney.

-He has introduced a plan to secure the border without amnesty.
How do you reconcile the fact that he wanted in-state tuition for illegals?

-He wants to change th health care system to a more preventive focused one and opposes government controlled universal health care.
Sounds a little like Edwards, doncha think?

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM

There is only one requirement to be a Huckabee supporter: lack of intellectual curiosity.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Wise Golden, please go ahead on over to the dem party. Really, you’ll be happier there. Good luck with getting them to adopt that pro-life platform.

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 8:39 PM

HA. If Fred needs Metamucil, Huck needs BRACES for his Jewel-esque snaggle teeth.

mattyj86 on January 11, 2008 at 8:39 PM

The appeal of populism like Huck’s has always been this: “I know you’re an unfortunate idiot. I know idiots, I like idiots, I understand idiots and their problems. If you elect me, I will help you idiots out, trust me.”

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:41 PM

If Huckabee gets the nod, I suggest we all vote Dem, so we can just blame them when it all falls apart…

Why let the Republican party take the fall for Huckabee or McCain? I say let the Dems fry!

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Where does Scarborough get off asking what Fred’s done? Fred Thompson has taken dumps that were of more consequence than Joseph Scarborough.

credible sources on January 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Well Huckabee has dealt a lot less with Soros than Obama, Clinton, or McCain, so there IS something that’s better about him. If Obama and Clinton are elected that will be the end of the United States as we know it, there is no recovery from that. McCain isn’t much better, and with Huckabee it’s really hard to tell.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM

It’s kind of interesting that the entire future direction of world history depends on how energetic Fred feels on a particular Thursday night.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM

I used to believe in evolution, but now I believe in devolution.
Although it could be unintelligent design just about as easily.

MB4 on January 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM

This deserves a Corvette engine funding. On the way.

RushBaby, that “ClusterHuck” killed me laughing, but you’ll have to entertain me for free.

Entelechy on January 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM

As a Rudy Supporter thats starting to look good, however..
We do have Reagan’s 11th Commandment which states, “when the candidates are chosen Everyone does to work”

therefore, I have always voted Straight Republican, and will
continue to do so..

Rudy, is the Best candidate IMHO despite all the BS.. that everyone on these blogs say..

Rudy puts NY CA NJ MN and many many other states in plany that other candidates CANNOT even compete in, the democrats will NOT even have to spend money in those states and they will win without going there or spending money.

I would rather put the democrats on defense and make them WORK for the blue states that they usually take for granted..

Chakra Hammer on January 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM

This whole spectacle of Primaries and Caucuses has me looking back wistfully to the days of back-room, party politics. We might get someone electable that way.

OBQuiet on January 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM

easy to tell… mushroom clouds or anarcy after a series EMP weapons.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Chakra Hammer on January 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I’m afraid Rudy is done.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM

I like Rudy as Attorney General. Imagine the confirmation hearings!

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM

easy to tell… mushroom clouds or anarcy after a series EMP weapons.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM

I meant “in advance”.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM

ok

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Yeah, but in the general election, what chance does Huck have? Not so much, methinks. Besides, this is America, and if Carter couldn’t take us down, I don’t think Obama or Hil can do it.

As for Rudy, I think he could totally take it… Libs like him, and I’m willing to believe that he’ll keep his word re judges, taxes and the GWOT. I’d vote for Rudy ANY day over McCain or Huck!

But…. Go, FRED! Go!

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

Super Tuesday will be known as “Good Bye Rudy Tuesday”.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM

CELEBRATE!

We need to quit “filling up” the tank to $750k and top it off with $1,000,000

Sir Andrew on January 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Super Tuesday will be known as “Good Bye Rudy Tuesday”.
Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Honestly, I wish people would stop saying “so and so” is done, there IS 10 months left before the election!

Go, Fred! go!

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

-Abolish the IRS and institute the Fair Tax.

How do you propose [Mike Huckabee]’ll get that through Congress?…
Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Actually, getting Congress to implement a gigantic sales tax would be pretty darned easy. The part about getting them to abolish the income tax is the pipe dream. And I’m afraid that even such a Herculean accomplishment as that would be in vain, without a Constitutional Amendment preventing them from re-instating it in the next session.

Sorta like how Huckabee “supports” the Abortion Amendment.

Saying that you want 2/3′ds of Congress and the States to vote to abolish the income tax and abortion makes about as much sense as saying you advocate having the Easter Bunny pay off the national debt.

I suppose you’d have to be a spoilsport to virulently advocate against all that stuff, but anybody who would make “policies” like that an integral part of his campaign is either an utterly opportunistic charlatan, or an abject idiot.

logis on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

jerrytbg wrote, no comment on the rest of my post?… are YOU picking and choosing what to respond to? ummmm? pleeeeese, you just proved MY point!!! My beliefs are just that….MINE…i don’t talk about them or try to tell some else what to believe…even under the guise of righteousness…..understand? I would still protect YOU so YOU could live. Why can’t you understand that and let us that know the real danger we are in go about the business of running this country and protecting you??????

I asked you a specific question. You wrote, “you people scare me…. it is WE….that will protect…YOU…so YOU can live your lives in peace…. why don’t you get that?

I’m just wondering what you mean when you say “You people?”. Who are you talking about?

Secondly, I asked if you believed in evolution. You have every right to believe whatever you want. Please go ahead. I don’t care. But, I asked because your answer will explain alot.

Thanks.

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Ooops, there ARE 10 months left!

Fred! ’08

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Igor, now let’s not get hysterical. The nation can survive one term of a terrible dem president. We’ve survived it before and could do so again.

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I think you significantly underestimate how much more radical Obama and Hil, especially Obama are. Carter was not nearly as radical while he was in power as he is today, and he brought us Iran.

The real problem with Rudy is Amnesty. Both he and McCain will put in place. Neither will even lie about it like Huck.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

still picking and choosing?

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM

logis on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

‘Zactly!

And what about this nationwide smoking ban? Good God, I live in Los Angeles (or as I like to call it Mexiquita) everywhere I turn, someone’s telling me I can’t smoke here, but 5 feet over HERE I can smoke! What the hell is that?

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM

And therein lies the problem! But there WILL be (hopefully) new Republicans to fill some of those seats in Congress, so Rudy AND McCain would have an uphill battle… I still have NumbersUSA on speed dial!

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Well Bubba was not radical at all for a Dem. Obama is in a class by himself, I don’t think you know what Soros who had plucked him from obscurity and financed his Senate bid has in mind for us. Obama combines Kofi Anan’s world view with high energy. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

it’s all about wanting to run your life.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM

good call

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM

You want to predict the composition of Congress for the next 8 years? It’s a tough game in an unpredictable world.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I watched the videos and saw where Huckabee is making the same inane claim as I have heard from other pundits today that somehow Thompson coming after him is helping McCain. That Thompson should be going after McCain because he is leading in the polls, so because Thompson didn’t go after him it must mean he is trying to help McCain.
_
Sorry I just don’t see it. I took a look and McCain is only leading in two of the four SC polls over at RealClear and that is a recent development. I think Thompson is shooting quite straight at the primary target and Huckabee trying to throw stupid crap like that out there to try and get Thompson to stop is pretty silly on Huckabee’s part.
_
But honestly it seems even more sad that so many supposedly conservative pundits are buying into the same line without questioning it in the least. Just ask yourself who is helped more by proffering the line that Thompson is trying to help McCain. It seems that it is a pathetic attempt to align Thompson with a Moderate who won’t get the conservative vote and by doing so hope to reduce the conservative vote that Thompson might get and that would probably come directly from Huckabee.
_
But alas I guess Huckabee is going to be forced down the conservative’s throat in order to hopefully resuscitate Romney somewhere down the line.

woodythesingingcowboy on January 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

good call

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Thanks. It’s interesting why a typical third-world leader would find such resonance in the US at this point in time. You would think that it’s 1929 and every Communist system that has ever existed is in high regard.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I think that’s a wrap. Time for me to head for the barn. Boat actually.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Honestly, I’m not sweating Obama, I believe that there enough Dems who won’t vote for him “just because he’s black”. America may be ready for a black president, but NOT one who’s still in his FIRST term as Senator! Not to mention his ties to the sharia-happy Kenyan whom he supported in 2003… wait til Fox gets wind of THAT! (speaking of which, I sent a link to that article to HA, and never saw it up as a topic for discussion, what gives? Excerpt: When Obama went to Kenya in August of 2006, he was hosted by Raila and spoke in praise of him at rallies in Nairobi: Obama’s bias for his fellow Luo was so blatant that a Kenya government spokesman denounced Obama during his visit as Raila’s “stooge.”)

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM

This rumor is everywhere. It’s being planted on various blogs big time. I suspect that it was Huckabee’s campaign, not Romney’s that planted the Iowa “Fred’s dropping out” rumor and that’s what really gave Fred his energy last night.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

yea! amazing isn’t it.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM

I think that’s a wrap. Time for me to head for the barn. Boat actually.

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Happy sails!

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Guess the link thingie didn’t work!

it’s all about wanting to run your life.
jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Depressing huh? NO, you can’t smoke, but if you do, we’re going to raise the price of cigarrettes so we can pay for kids healthcare! These people will never learn.

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:23 PM

We need to rally behind whoever we put up against Hillary or Obama! I would vote for any of these guys – there’s no way I would pass up an opportunity to vote against Hillary Clinton and the Dems.
But I guess even I have my limit – I couldn’t get behind a McCain/Graham ticket, for example. But we should all stop talking crazy here, and remember that these people want to pull out of Iraq, establish government-funded health care, end the Patriot Act, and vote themselves the permission to take profits from the oil and pharmacutical industries. We need to fight for an opportunity to put the next two Justices on the Supreme Court. The Dems want to let anyone in the country, and they will most certainly screw up and inevitably abandon the war on terror.
Having said that, I think it wasn’t a bad idea for Huck to slap back at Fred. I think Huckabee wethered Fred’s attention in the debate rather well, even though he definately isn’t my candidate of choice.

Dork B. on January 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM

McCain for Sec Def. More fireworks in the confirmation hearings.

Must see TV!

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM

I still say to the Mitt supporters who criticize Fred for failing to take on the Huckster and McCain at the same time….where was your guy? He of the true “fire in the belly?”

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Igor, about the Huckster and the Fred! drop out rumor….hmmm, interesting. very, very interesting.

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Well I don’t really know how HA operates, so I can’t respond to that part. But it is interesting that while no Luo has ever become president of Kenya it’s time for the US to have that distinction. Time for the exciting Chicago/Kenya /Indonesia axis of Obama.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Dork B. on January 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM

We just need McCain and Romney to weather it just as well and Fred will get 90% of the vote.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Can you imagine?!? I wonder if Hil will go after him for that! Now, THAT, I would pay to see! But it DOES scare me, these ties he has. WHY would he go and support a guy who turns around and burns down a church with 50 people inside? Makes my head hurt, I must go now.

Hey all, it’s been fun!
Go, FRED! Go!

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:33 PM

you’ll have to entertain me for free.

Entelechy on January 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM

If HA had a tip jar, I would pay for the entertainment in this thread alone!

RushBaby on January 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM

So Huck thinks Fred lacks ‘fiber in the belly?

Hammertime on January 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I get the impression that Mitt prefers to have other people do his dirty work for him, thus he spends millions for his contrast-ads but takes the high road in the debates.

Then when the other candidates, who can’t afford to pay millions for contrast-ads, fight back during the debates, Mitt supporters can claim the high ground and whine about being unfairly attacked.

FloatingRock on January 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

In these types of situations I always suspect Morris who I hate and who I called incompetent on his own blog. Then there are statements from people who seem to be close to Fred that he was genuinely upset about the rumor because of his “Reagan-like innocence” about these things. Fred and his camp have stubbornly refused to name the suspect. And he attacked Romney a lot less than in the last weekend’s debates but went after Huck with incredible dedication. Just put a few things together.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Califemme on January 11, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Why do America-haters support every type of anti-American activity? Because they are America-haters! Take care!

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:41 PM

-Abolish the IRS and institute the Fair Tax.
How do you propose he’ll get that through Congress?

I have a small booklet that contains the Constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence. This is a document every citizen should read. It’s a document which freed an entire nation. Turn to the Internal Revenue Code and this document, and the unlawful application of this document by the Internal Revenue Service, it has enslaved the nation that the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence attempted to free. And you non-nonchalantly ask, “How do you propose he’ll get that through Congress?” There is no anger to help Mike change it. Just more Huckabee bashing. Sheesh.

-Failing that, he wants to cut taxes and cut spending.
Nice back up plan, except, given the opportunity in AR, he raised taxes

You are being extremely misleading about Governor Huckabee’s record in Arkansas. Unfortunately, for readers of Hotair, Califemme’s antipathy towards Huckabee has poisoned her analysis, and defamed a powerful device for good, the FairTax.

Huckabee – Bring back “Made in America”

-He has taken the no new tax pledge.

He took the pledge. NO NEW TAXES. HELLO!! We will now upgrade your brain, please wait… searching… searching… still searching… sorry NO BRAIN found.

-He wants to stay in Iraq until the job is done and we are successful.
Everyone on that stage does, with the exception of the Paulbot

Yeah. Your point?? Oh, your trying to say Huckabee doesn’t mean it… uh huh… good one.

-He wants to stay on offense on the war on terror.
Again, except for the Paulbot, who doesn’t?

Ah, got me again! Watch please:

Mike Huckabee for Commander-In-Chief

-He is committed to denting Iran nuclear weapons.
What exactly does “denting” mean?

It means Iran, “BE PREPARED TO SEE GATES OF HELL”.

Huckabee has a message for Iran

-He wants to protect the sanctity of unborn life.

Abortion is the issue here my dear and it’s murdering little babies. Don’t try to change the subject. One at a time. Hucks got the best record on this. Giuliani–pro abortion and same sex marriage, talk about being a “false conservative”… pleeeease; Thompson is for abortion at the state level. Romney’s flip-flop on the issue is notorious and his universal health insurance plan, which he often touts as the signature achievement of his governorship, allows women to have an abortion for a $50. Your “trump that” comment about abortion is a little sophomoric.

-He wants to protect traditional marriage.
So does Fred! and Romney.

Good one. I said Mike wants to protect traditional marriage first though.

-He has introduced a plan to secure the border without amnesty.
How do you reconcile the fact that he wanted in-state tuition for illegals?

So you don’t think he has a good immigration plan? Psssst! Yes, It is I, apacalyps, in the plants… come closer. IT’S THE BEST ONE! Huckabee releases immigration plan http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.View&Issue_id=26

What is perhaps most baffling about your ilk taking potshots at Gov. Huckabee is that he has everything for which the anti-illegal immigration proponents have been calling and yet you still attack Huckabee for adopting the plan. Nothing Huckabee does can assuage you who have no use for (us) genuine conservative’s who believes in social conservatism and a Republic policy.

Sounds a little like Edwards, doncha think?

No, not at all, but we know what you think. Remember Califemme just because YOU think something, doesn’t make it real.

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM

jerrytbg on January 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM

still picking and choosing?

I got my answer.

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Rush Video: Video: Rush Limbaugh on Fred’s “Stellar Performance”
bnelson44 on January 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Nah, not possible. I heard on a blog last week that Rush Limbaugh was endorsing Mitt Romney.

…Can’t remember which blog it was off the top of my head, but the guy seemed really sure of himself. So he must have been right.

logis on January 11, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Sorta like how Huckabee “supports” the Abortion Amendment.

logis on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Yes, it’s silly and we should teach our eight graders it is silly, but we don’t. Look at the good side. At least pointless commitments about impossible Constitutional Amendments that a President has nothing to do with ratifying don’t create idiotic bureaucracies like the Department of Educaton or Department of Energy.

thuja on January 11, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Fred has thick skin. He can take care of himself. I can’t wait till the start going after each other’s Mama. I’m down with the your Mama’s so.. jokes.

Egfrow on January 11, 2008 at 11:24 PM

So Huck thinks Fred lacks ‘fiber in the belly?

Hammertime on January 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Ha!

geckomon on January 11, 2008 at 11:38 PM

funky chicken on January 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Check out Mark Levin Fan for the audio.

Michael in MI on January 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM

You stay classy huckachump..

stlpatriot on January 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Maybe my comment will be to old to make any impact…but here it goes.

You gotta be fu%c*n kidding me, Suckabee! That is the best you got?

Jay on January 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Jay on January 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Second comment this thread on Jan. 12. Hardly old, in any sense of the word. :)

Go Fred!

RushBaby on January 12, 2008 at 12:50 AM

apacalyps on January 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM

I sure hope you didn’t think you ran me off. If you did…WRONG. I had other commitments. Now that I’m at point “B”, I thought I’d check to see if you ever did respond. LO AND BEHOLD!!! You think you got your answer? lol WRONG! Then I scrolled up to read what other posts were made. What diatribe!
How dare you attack what YOU perceive to be a weak link when YOU think most everyone else has moved on. Once again you prove My point. Odd as this may seam though, I do, owe you an apology. I scrolled up to the original posts I made, then yours then mine. You get the picture. Apparently , on that first post, I must have erased part of it. Or, it was deleted by the powers that be. I don’t think so. I believe I erased it in my editing and didn’t realize it. Found something else wrong, I’ve been spelling Thompson wrong. Silly me. What does all this tell you about me. Yes, lol, that is rhetorical. The question now is, what did I erase. Unfortunately I can’t quote myself exactly. Self appointed , self righteous ….come to mind.
NOW, do you know what I mean by “you people”. Yes, once again, that IS rhetorical. No need to respond, I have no use for YOU PEOPLE. Oh, and by the way, nice use of a word possessor on that rant you consider a rebuttal.

jerrytbg on January 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM

I’m afraid Rudy is done.

Igor R. on January 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Don’t be Scared.

Especially With a name like Igor.. ;)

Chakra Hammer on January 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM

The huckster has nothing left to fight with so he resorts to low blows. I’d expectothing more from a liberal in wolves clothing.

HotAirExpert on January 12, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Huckachump relies on the one line folksy rhetoric that plays to the brain dead. He needs to be forced to defend his record on every issue.

csdeven on January 12, 2008 at 2:38 AM

jerrytbg on January 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM

jerry, I have one word for you.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 4:27 AM

jerry, I have one word for you.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 4:27 AM

Heh, that video was trippy! I enjoyed it. Thanks.
However, it is also a perfect illustration of the utter lack of substance and substantive policy of the Huckabee campaign. Huck has slowly begun to realize this, and has copied-and-pasted some great and not-so-great policy positions from various conservative think tanks that are all in complete opposition to his record.
Now, people can certainly change their minds, and it is up to voters to decide whether or not Huckabee’s conversion is genuine. The problem is, he’s not defending his conversion so much as completely denying the facts of his record.
Note that the second link is a leftist site, and note the tone of the piece while looking at the numbers.

joewm315 on January 12, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Romney/Thompson ticket or a Thompson/Romney ticket

win

Drunk Report on January 12, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I forgot what metamucil even is actually…

Drunk Report on January 12, 2008 at 11:29 AM

joewm315 wrote, “Heh, that video was trippy! I enjoyed it. Thanks.”

You’re very welcome.

The smile just left my face.

Huck has slowly begun to realize this, and has copied – and – pasted some great and not – so – great policy positions from various conservative think tanks that are all in complete opposition to his record.

This I don’t agree with. Some of these articles are extremely misleading about Governor Huckabee’s record in Arkansas. Huckabee was governing a very very liberal state. People need to tell the entire story instead of just regurgetating false attacks from groups like Club For Growth which of course wants a member of the Republican establishment and Wall Street darling like Giuliani or Romney to win the election. The REAL problem is that the Republican elites with their attacks are ruining the GOP mainstream chance of getting a President who will deal their needs and not only Wall Streets and the Insiders. Governor Huckabee is not an establishment Republican which is why they want to take him down—they can’t buy him. Please look at the motives behind people attacking someone before believing what they say. Fortunately, some people are seeing this. Folks like Laura Ingraham who was part of the Republican establishment attacking Huck is now starting to realize she “missed the boat” on Huckabee and the “people” were right all along about him. I hope her conversion continues.

Huckabee – Cinderella Man

Join with us!

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM

jerrytbg on January 12, 2008 at 1:52 AM

What does all this tell you about me. Yes, lol, that is rhetorical. The question now is, what did I erase. Unfortunately I can’t quote myself exactly. Self appointed , self righteous ..come to mind. NOW, do you know what I mean by “you people”.

No. Actually, I don’t. I was just going to drop it, but thought to let you know I can smell this anti-Evangelical hate a mile away. I hope you’re not one of “those people”. Try taking a bit of your own advice, would you — and give your evangelical Party-mates some room to breathe.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Join with us!

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM

joewm315 on January 12, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Eight years and no legislation? Sounds good to me! The less governing the government does, the better…

Tzetzes on January 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I can’t just let you have the last word and I really don’t have the time , cause I’m going sailing and I’ll be gone two weeks. I doubt I’ll have IA, but you never know. So I’m going to let you reflect on some things.

First, you owe Califemme an apology…I’m not even going to address the merits of that demand…

Second, some of my closest friends are Evangelicals and we have thoughtful, respectful, substantive discussions on a variety of topics, least of which is not creationism vs. ,or the possible coexistence with, evolution.
Some of my “friends”, certainly not all and not even a majority, see through Huck like the proverbial pane of glass and it’s a joy to watch them battle it out. After, they walk away agreeing to disagree and sometimes even break bread. Yes, I am purposely not answering your question. It’s none of your business as I have previously stated.

Third and last. Did you know, with the Torah, there is more than one translation? Hebrew to Greek to Latin and back again and to other various languages in differing order. Fascinating topic actually, how things get twisted and changed for whatever reason, some quite nefariously I assure you. The one that fascinated me the most is at the very beginning . I dare due diligence, check it out. I won’t tell you where to look because I believe you will dismiss without a second thought. Frankly, I don’t know if this is even on the internet . I just know I read it many years ago and heard someone recently discuss it, I believe it was Savages’ show. I’m not sure though. Hey, there’s your out not to check it out. Ha ha lol.
In all seriousness , I do remember reading this in some course many many years ago.

In Genesis “ In the beginning” , or, “In a beginning”.

Be back in two weeks, unless of course I have IA.

jerrytbg on January 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM

joewm315 wrote, “I am willing to listen to Governor Huckabee, and I have been the whole campaign, but I have never heard him defend his record against these charges, only dodge questions and deny, deny, deny.”

Hi Joe. I hope you are doing well.

Hope this helps a bit:

Truth Squad

Thanks.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 7:15 PM

jerrytbg wrote on January 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM, “I’m going sailing and I’ll be gone two weeks.”

Enjoy yourself and stay safe.

Well, I wasn’t attacking her personally. She responded to a post of mine and I had to correct her. By the way, she’s a little sarcastic if you haven’t noticed. Anyways.. if I offended her I do apologize. Sorry, Caligirl. I do not believe in using ad hominem arguments.

Second, some of my closest friends are Evangelicals and we have thoughtful, respectful, substantive discussions on a variety of topics, least of which is not creationism vs. , or the possible coexistence with, evolution.

I am all for of these types of conversations. Anyone who believes great great great great great great grandpa was a monkey needs talkin’ to.

Here, here. I couldn’t agree more with you on this. I respect others who may have a different opinion than mine and I have absolutely no problem agreeing to disagree AND I can sit down over a nice meal to do it. I usually find it’s my opponents who end up getting frustrated, lol.. not me. I do not lose my cool in a debate.

That said, I will use strong words or maybe even some sarcasm to make a point if necessary. All through the Bible God calls people fools, brutish, simple, perverse, scorners, wicked, etc.

In Mathew 12:34, Jesus called the Pharisees, “O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.” And Elijah in 1 Kings 18:27, mocked false prophets of Baal. etcetera, etcetera.

As we can see, the good Lord Jesus used strong language for strong circumstances. So I plead guilty to the charges of using strong language with some people, but I am always careful not to cuss or go to far with that.

I will have to respond to this in another post as this one is already a bit long.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM

jerrytbg wrote, ‘Did you know, with the Torah, there is more than one translation? Fascinating topic actually, how things get twisted and changed for whatever reason, some quite nefariously I assure you.”

Hmmm. I wonder about your motive here?

YES, I’m very aware of this. Let me tell you something from about the different Bible translations. Over the past few decades, new Bible translations have been popping up like popcorn and a lot of these authors do not believe God perfectly preserved His words. However, this contradicts what God Himself said!

God is unchangeable. God’s word is unchangeable too. In Matthew 24:35, the Lord Jesus said, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”

Psalms 12:6-7 says, “The words of the LORD are PURE words… Thou shalt KEEP them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE them from this generation for ever.”

Just keep this in mind, which is a basic essential to understanding something about this complex question, namely, the King James Version is founded squarely on the Textus Receptus manuscripts, which is in 90-95% agreement with the five thousand extant Greek manuscripts. Bottom line: The 1611 King James Bible is the infallible, inspired, inerrant word of the living God, and if you don’t have a copy get one now!

All of today’s modern versions, including the New International Version (NIV), New American Bible (NAB), New Living Translation (NLT), and the Catholic Bible, etcetera, were copied using a different manuscript than was used to make the King James (KJV) called the Alexandrian Text (or Egyptian text). These were bad manuscripts, they were corrupt containing errors and alterations. Thus if you reject or look down upon the KJV, and settle for a mutilated Bible, you go ahead, but count me out. I do not say that you cannot profit from reading other versions. You can. But if they are based on the Alexandrian/Egyptian Text, they are immediately suspect and you should be mighty careful that you check that version with the KJV as closely as possible.

It is a well established fact that there are only two lines of Bibles: one coming from Antioch, Syria, and one coming from Alexandria, Egypt. The Syrian text from Antioch is where our King James 1611 comes, and the Egyptian text is where all the new perversions come, including the Catholic Bible (Rome got her manuscripts from Alexandria). So, friend, we have a choice. We can get our Bible from Alexandria, or we can get it from Antioch. If you have a KJV (version I have), then your Bible is based on manuscripts from Antioch. If you have a new version, or a Catholic Bible, then you are one of many unfortunate victims of Satan’s salesmen from Alexandria, Egypt

I’ll let the video take over from here.

King James Bible Page

My 0.2 cents on this issue.

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 8:25 PM

apacalyps on January 12, 2008 at 8:25 PM

At anchor, waiting for the front to blow thru.

Gee, how did I know you were going to go there. ahhh

Could it be that, YOU TOOK THE BAIT. Sorry, that WAS deceitful on my part and I apologize but I did want to know definitivly,not that I didn’t already. Have a great life and if yur guy or another lib gets the nod stockup on ammo,assuming you own a firearm, lots of food and water. Take care.

jerrytbg on January 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM

jerrytbg on January 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Thanks for getting my back while I wasn’t looking, I greatly appreciate it. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar… again, thank you!

apacalyps

Thank YOU for the apology, I definitely want to respond to you, and if you come back to this thread and say hi, I absolutely will give you my step by step for why I can’t vote for Gov. Huckabee. (Otherwise its simply an exercise in talking to myself!) I hope you do, because I AM open minded, and as you can tell, I AM “a little sarcastic “, glad you noticed. But I look forward to you being here to hash it out… *fingers crossed*

Califemme on January 16, 2008 at 9:29 PM