Madeline Albright’s strange theory on global conflict

posted at 8:47 pm on January 11, 2008 by Bryan

The former Secretary of State has an interesting view of our times.

Albright’s message centered on the need for equality – not just domestically, but also on a global scale.

“If we were all rich, that would be very nice,” Albright said. “If we were all poor, it would be too bad, but we would be the same. What the problem is now is the poor know what the rich have as a result of information technology and the spread, generally, of knowledge. And, it creates a whole new host of problems in terms of disquiet and anger.”

So if the world was full of nothing but poor and ignorant people, we would have peace?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Or, that before all this technology, we didn’t have any wars. Or something like that.

lorien1973 on January 11, 2008 at 8:50 PM

No. We’d have Hillary.

HerrMorgenholz on January 11, 2008 at 8:50 PM

The Clintons sure know how to pick ‘em, don’t they?

SoulGlo on January 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM

So what do we call this? The Dem’s Shared Misery Doctorine.

Spolitics on January 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Knowledge is the root of all evil.

a capella on January 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Madeline Albright? Words fail me. However, to give you a hint, she’s as stupid as…

Christoph on January 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM

It’s hard to know all about the history of Secretaries of State, but it’s easy to say that in our lifetime, she is the single most ridiculous one. Offensive to the eye, a record of wretched excess while on the taxpayer’s nickel, and a record of stunning stupidity before, during, and after holding the office.

The perfect Clinton appointment.

Jaibones on January 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Yeah, historically it hasn’t really worked out that way.

Someone always rises to the top. Someone always takes over. Look at Hussein. He was a nobody, and went farther than Pacino in Scarface: From street level thug to controlling an entire nation in 22 years.

If the world was full of nothing but poor and ignorant people, we’d find out just how many Husseins are out there.

On the plus side, we’d all the be the same: Oppressed.

apollyonbob on January 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Egads. She might be brought back in with another Clinton administration.

Your Jewish Master on January 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Would we have peace if the world were full of rich and educated people? Wealth and education are relative. And so is peace.

RedWinged Blackbird on January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

It’s Star Trek! No cash! No want! No needs! Interstellar socialism is a grand thing!

Limerick on January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I wish y’all would use her full name when you refer to her.

In the future, please include her middle name which is: NOTAT

LegendHasIt on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

It just occurred to me she says… “If we were all poor…” as if that’s a pursuable option or something. It’s scary that her mind even went there.

Spolitics on January 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

She is completely hopeless.

What the problem is now is the poor know what the rich have as a result of information technology and the spread, generally, of knowledge hard work.

Now it’s a true statement.

Zorro on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Ya know, there was Waco – and I’m not saying it wasn’t a tragedy on a horrific scale – but isn’t it amazing that there wasn’t something far worse that happened on this woman’s watch?

Positively 4th Street on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Does that work with stupid people and smart people, as well? I would think that by seeing what rich people have, the poor might be motivated a bit to work toward becoming rich (unless you have been trained by your government to be a parasite and expect everything handed to you). It just provides some incentive. Motivation is a direct result of frustration. If you are just fat, dumb, and happy, you will never try to make any change.

DAT60A3 on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, like all of those poor, uneducated, technology-lacking members of Al Qaeda.

amerpundit on January 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM

members=leaders

amerpundit on January 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM

As Rush says…Liberals love to spread misery…and it’s true!

SouthernGent on January 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM

That’s why N Korea is such a paradise–no one there knows anything about the prosperous West as they starve to death.
That’s why she toasted the little Elvis impersonator.

jgapinoy on January 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Madeline Alwrong gave nuke technology to the Norks and the Iranians, and missile technology to the Chicoms, all on the express orders of BJ Clinton himself.

This hideous woman, a traitor through and through, should be riding a bench in the deepest, darkest federal prison there is.

’nuff said.

Dave R. on January 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I’m so tired of the stinking dirty rotten rich comments
by the stinking dirty rotten rich moral superior bleeding
heart Liberals.

Constantly hammering away at how the rich are sticking it
to the middle class,or how Republicans are holding back on
certain minorites.

Aren’t “the rich” already paying more than their fair share
of the tax burden!

canopfor on January 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

So Ignorance is bliss ? Explains why she was secretary of state

William Amos on January 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Positively 4th Street on January 11, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Wrong official. Waco was on Reno’s watch.

Spolitics on January 11, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Yes, probably. And world history would have Maddie instead of Socrates.

petefrt on January 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM

I don’t mean too take this comment seriously, but the more I think about it, the more idiotic it becomes.

“If we were all poor…we’d all be the same”? There’d be no more naitonalities, ethnicities, or religions… there’s just be poor people?

She should be commended for fitting so much stupid into so few words.

Spolitics on January 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM

No, I think what she’s saying is that poor people would be better off without telephones.

Vizzini on January 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Seems to me that the Democrats are halfway there, then. Now all we need to do is to take their money.

Misha I on January 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Poor and ignorant people are much easier to lead by the Half-brights.

tarpon on January 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM

She sounds like a miss america contestant, minus the beauty and talent. “Like, if we were all poor and stuff, we`d totally be cool with each other, but like, being poor would suck though.” :-P And she was in charge of foreign policy? (hold face in hands, shakes head)

ThePrez on January 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

I guess we never should have let the poor get maps. Such as.

Patrick S on January 11, 2008 at 9:22 PM

They never actually mean “everyone”, just everyone else. They intend to keep their power and money because they know better than all others, especially the ones that actually do anything to advance the world.
What a toad.

bbz123 on January 11, 2008 at 9:23 PM

ThePrez on January 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

I’m one of the U.S. Americans, and I approve this here, like, message thingy.

amerpundit on January 11, 2008 at 9:25 PM

People, according to liberals, are always forced in to doing whatever it is because they are being oppressed by their superiors. This is why they love seeing rich people brought low and made to suffer. And it is also why they wage war on inequality. If everyone were equal, theoretically there would be no envy. The liberal ideology believes all evil springs from jealousy because that allows liberals to excuse their own evils by blaming those of whom they are jealous. It’s not their fault for what they do; it’s the fault of those who made them jealous. The liberal war on capitalism is the war on inequality, because, as Churchill said, “The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.”

It’s the fault of people who made themselves successful that the less successful became jealous.

JohnJ on January 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM

a second look at fucking washed up morons who suck and are idiots and would love to hug mujahideen and become a shahids with them and who are all around losers and no one knows who they are anymore and really need to be put in homes or sent out on sailboats with blindfolds on out into the pacific towards shark infested waters and who failed to stop the actors whos actions led to 9/11.

blatantblue on January 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM

This is the mindset the Democrats want to elect in 2008, pathetic.
Of Course, Albright would never give up her riches to be with the common people.

right2bright on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

It is very much akin to the rapist blaming the victim for being too attractive.

JohnJ on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

blatantblue on January 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM

No more Ands for you tonight, young man.

Patrick S on January 11, 2008 at 9:29 PM

She’s right of course.

I resent the fact that the twisted little gnome has anything.

I would feel much better if she were poor and anonymous.

Kasper Hauser on January 11, 2008 at 9:30 PM

She looks globally warmed and content. Is Al Gore her son?

Travis1 on January 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM

I’m one of the U.S. Americans, and I approve this here, like, message thingy.

amerpundit on January 11, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Totally

ThePrez on January 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM

I really don’t mind being poor and ignorant as long as I have my .30-30 and plenty of ammo.

RedWinged Blackbird on January 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM

It’s a wonder Albright can feed herself without sticking the fork in her eye.

Wind Rider on January 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM

We would be extinct…

Ceterum censeo Fred! esse desumo !!!

elgeneralisimo on January 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Socialism 101, in a Pre-Communist major.

p40tiger on January 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Weird. Apparently the “JC” word gets you deleted.

Let me try again.

Ed Rollins and Georgene Mosbacher?

BillybobBudda!

Is the the frickin’ 80′s again?

Kasper Hauser on January 11, 2008 at 9:41 PM

It’s a wonder Albright can feed herself without sticking the fork in her eye.

Wind Rider on January 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM

I bet Bill forked her in the eye a few times.

malkinmania on January 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Jayzus, the hildebeest is supposed to have lots of money, are there no new applicants for minion???

thebookkeeper on January 11, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Global socialists like Maddie are obsessed with inequality. They understand all about redistributing wealth, but have no concept (or concern) about how it is created.

whitetop on January 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM

That woman was less than worthless when she was one of Bubba’s flunkies and now she’s obviously looking for another run will old Hillary. The Clintonistas are like cockroaches . . . you just can’t get rid of them.

rplat on January 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM

So it’s the internet that has allowed the poor to finally realize that other people have more money???
And all those huge houses and mansions and castles going back a few thousand years didn’t give it away either????
How unbelievably STUPID is this Albright? And how dense does one have to be to pick her (Clintons).

shooter on January 11, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Bryan could you do all us incurable romantics a big favor?

Set up a web page for a triple weding gift registry for -

1) Dear Leader Kimy and the lovely Madeline Albright.
2) President For Life Hugo Chavez and the alluring Cindy Sheehan.
3) Mr The High Reverend Huckster and the subservient Mrs The High Reverend Huckster, for another marriage reaffirmation, as I am sure they would like to be included too.

Thanks in advance.

MB4 on January 11, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Let me get this straight: A principle on the Council of Foreign Relations says something as idiotic as this. All the major candidates bow down and give speeches to the same council who employs this galactic moron. Then we label anyone who says “stop sucking up to this council” a conspiracy nut. Dang I am confused.

sweeper on January 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM

I want someone to prove to me that the three Eastern European/ quasi-Americans who rose to prominence during the Clinton Administration, Albright, Shalikashvili and Soros, aren’t siblings.

Buddahpundit on January 11, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Oh please open up your mind Bryan, and see the wonderful possibilities of universal poverty. ;)

What was it Syndrome said to Mr. Incredible? “When everyone is super, then no one is…”

CliffHanger on January 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Equality is the goal of liberals, and it’s way too hard to pull people up, because you have to make them try…

Thus, poor and stupid.

John_Locke on January 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM

I’m beginning to believe that there IS equality….among Liberals: They are equally ignorant, delusional, and incompetent.

I haven’t heard such a load of BS concerning world affairs from a grown person since Jimmy Carter!

The only thing bright about this woman is the second syllable of her last name.

landlines on January 11, 2008 at 10:43 PM

I thought we only had Islamic terrorism because they were poor? Which is it?

Troika37 on January 11, 2008 at 10:44 PM

OT, but Sid Blumenthal got an aggravated DUI on the evening of the NH primary

a capella on January 11, 2008 at 10:45 PM

It’s frightening how moronic this woman can be…

Check this out — Neil Cavuto pwns the nitwit…

D2Boston on January 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM

How different is what this nitwit says and what Kim Jong Il says in Team America, toward the end when he is explaining why he is blowing up all the world’s major centers?

“Then, when there is total chaos, there will be true stability!”

Did this reject from diplomatic school take her cues from Trey Parker?!

thejackal on January 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Marxism 101. The mantra of the left in this country.

conservnut on January 11, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Nobright would know about global conflict considering she was basically a bootlicker for our enemies.

BKennedy on January 11, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Typical dumb cluck liberal.
Why work to achieve a damn thing if there’s nothing to aspire too?

People always talk about class envy is a bad thing when for most people there’s no better motivation to leave the beer in the fridge go out and get a real job, a house, a car and surprise, a chic in the process.

Want a phat ride like the guy in the corner office?
No prob. Bro you live in a free country, work for it.

Want it given to you because you’re entitled or a liberal candidate promises it to you?

Kiss my rosie red…you know the rest, you want it, work for it!

Speakup on January 11, 2008 at 10:54 PM

I gotcher Albright right here, baby!

Frozen Tex on January 11, 2008 at 10:55 PM

JohnJ on January 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM

and

JohnJ on January 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Words of wisdom. The Kyoto Protocol (among many other things) explained.

p.v. cornelius on January 11, 2008 at 10:56 PM

When does her stuff go up for auction? Or, wait, auction is to the highest bidder. If I bid the lowest, can I get her stuff? Then she’d be poor – and I’d be an anonymous taker – and therefore she’d be happy. Right?

OneGyT on January 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM

She is fascinated by socialism.
This quote:

If we were all poor, it would be too bad, but we would be the same

I think when she visited Kim Jong-il, well, they weren’t so ronery
I’m So Ronery without Madeline
So ronery without Madeline
So ronery and sadry arone without Madeline

There’s no one but Madeline
Just me onry without Madeline
Sitting on my rittle throne with Madeline on my lap
I work rearry hard and make up great prans with Madeline
But nobody ristens, but Madeline , no one understands, but Madeline
Seems like no one takes me serirousry, but Madeline

And so I’m ronery without Madeline
A rittle ronery without Madeline
Poor rittle me. but not with Madeline

There’s nobody, but Madeline
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage
It’s kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it’s fihring my body with rage

I’m the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it, but Madeline
When I change the world maybe they’ll notice me and Madeline
But until then I’rr just be ronery without Madeline
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

I’m so ronery without Madeline

Kini on January 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM

What do I want? EQUALITY! When do I want it? NOW!!

I want to be sent around the globe giving speeches no one listens to and collect outrageous speaking fees!

I want to be given 7-figure advances for books that people buy, but not read!

I want only the finest champagne when meeting with dictators and tyrants! (Or anyone else for that matter!)

I want the presidential suite at the Waldorf-Astoria when I’m in New York addressing the UN! Wet bar included! (Conditions also apply to five star hotels around the globe!)

I want you to contact by agent ASAP! She’s on-call 24/7! (Wait…First, I want an agent!)

I want my martinis shaken, not stirred!

I want it all NOW! NOW! NOW! Or the revolution begins!!!

scatbug on January 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM

“What the problem is now is the poor know what the rich have as a result of information technology…”

… and all their high speed internet connections. O.K.

This, from the woman who set the bar on acceptable collateral damage till the NYTimes editorial board finally did her one better.

JM Hanes on January 11, 2008 at 11:16 PM

This is the Gospel according to Marx. Amen.

Jimmy the Dhimmi on January 11, 2008 at 11:27 PM

There was a blogger two or three years ago named the Diplomad. He worked for the State Dept. and claimed that Madeline was roundly hated…
After the tsunami in Indonesia he went off the air because he was being found out.

Babs on January 11, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Stalin himself couldn’t have said it better.

29Victor on January 11, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Yo, Madeline Halfwit! If everybody was DEAD there’d be no wars – on the other hand, if everybody was destitute tomorrow, within a year you’d have rich and poor again, and probably more than a few wars.

Man, that woman is dumber than a sack of pebbles.

Merovign on January 11, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Typical liberal arrogance.

Keep the poor ignorant so they can be more easily led. Guess that’s why they want to raise taxes, so we’ll all be too poor to afford computers and Internet connections and have to rely on mainstream news?

We can spend our days and nights watching Katie & Brian & Charles, the women of The View and mindless reality shows.

And they can take the tax money (and after a generous lining of their own pockets) fund more “values education” and “cultural sensitivity” programs in schools, cutting back on math and science and history. Up the brainwashing, suppress thinking.

Of course, as someone has pointed out, even in the middle ages, the serfs noticed their local Lord had a castle and was living much better than they were.

They’ll just have to work much harder making each generation stupider than the next. And providing Bread & Circuses to keep us distracted.

NoSquids on January 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Wow, I sure wasted my four years in the Corps. Why did I bother fighting when all we had to do was give all our possessions to the terrorists?
Where were you when I needed you, Maddie?

joewm315 on January 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM

If the poor only spent half as much time trying to improve themselves, as the democrats do catering to them, we would all be better off.

Pam on January 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM

“Maggie, I wish I’d never seen your face”…

d1carter on January 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Jimmy the Dhimmi on January 11, 2008 at 11:27 PM

That is a notable quotable :)

Pam on January 12, 2008 at 12:13 AM

D2Boston on January 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for the link.
Notbright ought to stick to drinking with the enemy, that wench, it is her only talent. She is a HORRIBLE PERSON, a Clintonized waste of air.
I say we throw her and Jimmah in a room, in Syria, forever….they deserve each other.

shooter on January 12, 2008 at 12:16 AM

I now believe that at the DNC conventions they hand out leaflets banning these people from thinking before they let words escape their mouths.

If Dems are so worried about wealth inequality, they are more than welcome to give their money away to people to even out the playing field.
Hey, that’s what Communism is all about and there is no poverty or rich elites there…oh wait…ooooh.

The sooner they realize that as soon as we all become sheep, one person will find it fit to become a wolf and gorge. That is the way of the world for better or worse. You live with it or get steamrolled by it.

MannyT-vA on January 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Dummkopf, at the highest level…it’s really scary.

Entelechy on January 12, 2008 at 12:37 AM

On a serious note Hillary must be cringing when she sees this. Her whole campaign is based on “I’ll give you stuff” to lower income people. She carried them decisively in NH so Lowry of NRO reports.

While Obama won’t use it (his campaign is based on Trader Joe’s Yuppies), Edwards will and very likely any Republican will.

Albright is basically proposing to make America poorer because it’s “fair” — and the charge sticks because this is what Democrats have become.

whiskey_199 on January 12, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
if yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Easily, but this is not a revelation :)

Entelechy on January 12, 2008 at 1:21 AM

This is scary in so many ways.

I’m speechless.

StephC on January 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Ass, meet your hat.

Grayson on January 12, 2008 at 1:39 AM

“If we were all rich, that would be very nice,”

Are you listening boys and girls?

labrat on January 12, 2008 at 1:59 AM

1/2bright

labrat on January 12, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Nothing she said surprised me. We all know that liberals have been working hard for decades to increase the number of poor and ignorant in America. They can control the poor with welfare payments and stupid people respond well to simple chanting of political slogans and will believe anything their masters tell them. Our liberal controlled public education system is a top notch producer of people unable to rationally think for themselves. Every kid comes out of school with the chant “Bush Lied People Died” on their lips these days. They’re fed revised history, deviant sex, and controlled groupthink from the day they enter the public schools.

All Maddie actually did was spout the party line. Remember Stalin couldn’t have controlled a middle class or free thinking Soviet Union and Hillary doesn’t intend to try to do so here either.

Buzzy on January 12, 2008 at 2:05 AM

What’s scary is that there are people out there who actually think she is enlightened.

A cold chill just went up my spine.

csdeven on January 12, 2008 at 3:06 AM

I seem to remember a nation that was run like that. I don’t remember exactly what happened. I think the nation was called the Soviet Union. The people there had a saying about working there.

As long as the bosses pretend to pay us, we will pretend to work.

Now that I think about it, sounds a bit like a union employee.

Snake307 on January 12, 2008 at 4:36 AM

That’s why she toasted the little Elvis impersonator.

jgapinoy on January 11, 2008 at 9:05 PM

I agree… there’s so many angles to blog about this statment but let’s talk about propaganda’s influence on the masses perception… North Koreans believe that the reason they get global aid is because we pay tribute to Kims brillance as a leader.. Oh Great Leader, since you can’t run your county in a prosperious fashion let us pick up the tab. Makes sense, right… the sad thing is this is the exact same tactic that demoncrats are utilizing…

whiskeytango on January 12, 2008 at 5:57 AM

Sounds like she has been giving Huckabee advice on his foreign policy. The only thing Madeline left out was that it is “our Christian duty” to enrich the rest of the world and that “family values don’t stop at the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean”.

joncoltonis on January 12, 2008 at 6:33 AM

Allow me to deliver Brian Nelson‘s message of hopelessness:

It does not matter if we all were the exact same height, exact same shape, exact same weight, had the exact same skin tone, had the exact same eye color, had the exact same hair color, had the exact same amount of hair, had the exact same style of hair, had the exact same amount of money, had the same exact amount and types of food, lived in exactly the same climate, lived in exactly the same type of house, practiced the exact same religion, followed the exact same sports teams, and had the exact same philosophy. We would find a way to hate each other enough to kill each other.

steveegg on January 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM

Dammit, I misquoted Brian. It’s, “If everyone in the whole world had the same skin color, hair color and eye color, if we were all the same religion, if we all had the same favorite sports teams, drank the same beer, drove the same car, and spoke the same language, if we all hung our toilet paper the same way, listened to the same music, had the same hat size, and used the same toothpaste, mankind would……still divide into at least two groups and find a reason to kill each other.”

steveegg on January 12, 2008 at 7:39 AM

I had a friend who was hardcore socialist, and this was exactly what he believed.

Lehosh on January 12, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Sounds like a Marxist theory. I’m sure that “Her Thighness”, once she is President, will do her best to bring about a world of poor and ignorant people so that there is peace.

God help us all!