Jesse Jackson Jr.: Hillary cried for the wrong reason

posted at 7:05 pm on January 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Ah, here’s that anticipated identity-politics ratchet turning now. Hillary’s tears connecting with women? Then use them to alienate blacks, per the congressman’s none-too-subtle connection at the beginning here between the things Hillary didn’t cry for — namely, Katrina — and the huge number of black voters in South Carolina. I wonder if the Messiah himself will stoop to pointing out how self-centered and pitiless the white candidate is once he gets down there or whether, in his immaculate transcendence, he’ll leave that dirty business to chip-off-the-old-block race demagogues like this. Stay tuned.

Comments

Thank god. I’m glad it’s not just the Republicans looking a crackup right in the face.

AUINSC on January 9, 2008 at 7:09 PM

“The Wire” is back on HBO. I question the timing.

Agrippa2k on January 9, 2008 at 7:11 PM

This is going to a fun year!

d1carter on January 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Hillary’s tears should be bottled, sent to a lab for analysis to see how much compassion is in there for Katrina, Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, the unfortunate and minority people in general.

SECOND LOOK AT HILLARY’S TEARS!

Mcguyver on January 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I guess I missed the part where Jesse Jackson Jr. became a congressman… What state is he from?

Babs on January 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Oh, good lord. It’s always about race with the left. They look at every aspect of existence through the prism of skin color. An overwhelmingly white state supports a black candidate, private citizens of all colors rushed to their checkbooks to support Hurricaine Katrina victims, and yet the racist boogeyman still lurks around every corner in their minds.

joewm315 on January 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

OOh, this could be good…

Vizzini on January 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM

What state is he from?

Denial

Fred!

RobertInAustin on January 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM

the racist boogeyman still lurks around every corner

Oh, my bad, that’s Ron Paul. Get outta here, Ron!

joewm315 on January 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM

JJJ is “surprised” a democrat doesn’t give a rat’s ass about black folks? Please.

SouthernGent on January 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM

His point was technically right (she teared-up in response to a question about her appearance), but he looked petty and like a sore loser making it.

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Agreed. I think Hillary cried because she thought she was losing, and she saw her dreams of power slipping away. It was a self-centered cry. Even when talking about it, it became all about her (“I’m such an outward focused person” (not a direct quote)).

p40tiger on January 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM

this dude is a straight up punk

Drunk Report on January 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Oh, good lord. It’s always about race with the left.

That’s not fair. It’s not just race. It’s any human difference other that character, IQ, morals, individual belief systems, etc, etc. You may need to be re-programmed soon.

AUINSC on January 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM

p40tiger? Does that stand for class of ’40?

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Mcguyver on January 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I completed an analysis of the tears and, based on the low salinity levels and high levels of bs, I have concluded that they were caused by global warming. I recommend tear-sequestration.

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM

As long as this kind of stuff comes up it will be a very long time before a black is president

KBird on January 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Ah, it’s always good to hear from Jesse Jackson’s legitimate children.

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM

You may need to be re-programmed soon.

AUINSC on January 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Gah! I’m sorry I typed that nonsense. I’ll use my table saw to cut off the hands that typed it and my neighbor will put them in his microwave for me.

joewm315 on January 9, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Good lord,were into tear analyization,please stand back from the emotional table,and think.Ya got snookered by
ConHillary.

canopfor on January 9, 2008 at 7:35 PM

It’s nice to know that in both parties the amount of actual thought going into the decision of which candidate to nominate doesn’t equal that of the masterpiece produced by a room full of monkeys banging on typewriters.

It’s been entertaining so far, but I think it’s going to get old very quickly.

bert169 on January 9, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Ah, it’s always good to hear from Jesse Jackson’s legitimate children.

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Damn! Why didn’t I think of that! Post of the month so far!

SouthernGent on January 9, 2008 at 7:35 PM

You may need to be re-programmed soon.

Noted. It’s all good then. Now go to New Orleans and start giving like you’ve never given before!

AUINSC on January 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Ah, it’s always good to hear from Jesse Jackson’s legitimate children.

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM

No it’s not! /s

Oldnuke on January 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM

p40tiger? Does that stand for class of ‘40?

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Perhaps p40 Flying Tiger. That’d be someone older’n me though. All in all I’d much rather listen to an old Flying Tiger than any of Jesse Jackson’s kids…or Jesse himself for that matter.

Oldnuke on January 9, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Why is it ALWAYS;

Help us…

Help us…

On the left and NEVER

Help Yourselves???

You would think, after nearly 50 years of “Great Society” programs, people would begin to realize that giving someone something for nothing leaves both the giver and the taker with less than they desire!

Hopefully, the blogosphere will bypass the MSM and get this message out. Talk radio only goes so far.

FloridaBill on January 9, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Jesse Jackson’s son is working for Obama? INSANE

This is gonna get UGLY as they roll out the shady Illinois political machine.

TroubledMonkey on January 9, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Oh ya KATRINA KATRINA KATRINA

Maybe she didn’t cry because even she figured out wasting tears on the stupid is foolish.

TroubledMonkey on January 9, 2008 at 7:53 PM

As I wrote in another post about the Obama and Clinton feud,

If the Democratic race goes on, with no clear winner and HRC finally wins, there may be a lot of hard feeling come November. There may be a large segment that swings heavily Democratic, stay home.

WoosterOh on January 9, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Slightly O/T but;

All this “KATRINA, KATRINA, KATRINA” stuff, still, after all this time.

Please. Was born in Florida, have lived here all but 5 years of my life, and my family KNEW what to do in a Hurricane!

Family rule was ALWAYS: Cat 3 and above – Get outta town. For those of you who don’t know it, South Florida is about 2 to 3 feet ABOVE sea level. Not like N/O which is several feet BELOW sea level. It ain’t rocket science knowing if you live in a hole and it floods it’s gonna fill up.

It’s just plain Ignorance (of the highest degree)!

My friends wife has a needlepoint framed in her living room which reads “Please God… Next time around, make Ignorance PAINFUL!”

Sorry for the rant, it’s been building since the storm hit.

FloridaBill on January 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

The Katrina people will be just fine, once they get their three million dollars three million times…

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

D’oh! I mean three million dollars just one million times.

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM

FloridaBill on January 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

well put.

Griz on January 9, 2008 at 8:22 PM

I’m not black but if I was I would adhere to the principles of Booker T. Washington and pour scorn on anyone from the political class who insisted on clinging to self-pity and victimisation. More Michael Steele, less J.J. Jnr.

aengus on January 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Not like N/O which is several feet BELOW sea level.

See. The sea level is rising due to Algore.

chewydog on January 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM

This fella must cry alot.. I’m not impressed with his logic at all….

whiskeytango on January 9, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Oh this is good, will Hillary be the UN-black of the Clintons?

right2bright on January 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Hillary didn’t cry for Clinton’s loss for 9/11.

Hillary didn’t cry for murdered soldiers in Mogadeshu.

Hillary didn’t cry for any dead servicemen over the war.

Hillary can’t cry because people with no souls or heart have no feelings.

But here we go with the race card. Obama and his wife point it out over and over. The lamestream media point it out over and over. Now this.

Racism/racial inequality is not dead. The Dumbs keep it alive for clout.

madmonkphotog on January 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

D’oh! I mean three million dollars just one million times.

Tzetzes on January 9, 2008 at 8:10 PM

The correction didn’t matter, the point isn’t the exact figures, it is the action (or reaction).
And no, it will not be enough…it never is.
When you rob Peter to pay Paul, Paul never complains.

right2bright on January 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Ah yes…Katrina and the lawsuits…coming to a Federal Court near you.

SPIFF1669 on January 9, 2008 at 9:00 PM

If the tears did not flow, then Hillary must go !!!

Ceterum censeo Fred! esse desumo !!!

elgeneralisimo on January 9, 2008 at 9:11 PM

p40tiger? Does that stand for class of ‘40?

Spolitics on January 9, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Haha, no. I am not that seasoned. I like history, am currently living in China, and admire the “Flying Tigers,” who flew P-40s.

p40tiger on January 9, 2008 at 9:29 PM

I love watching the demofascists turn their hatred and nastiness on each other. Lets hope the leftist race goes neck and neck to the convention so as many Americans as possible can see what foul human beings they are.

peacenprosperity on January 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM

peacenprosperity on January 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Maybe I’m just cynical but I’m convinced the democrats could eat kittens on national television while pledging allegiance to China and many Americans would still think they’re just swell. The things they get away with…

Grayson on January 9, 2008 at 9:57 PM

She didn’t cry over Jim Crow. She didn’t cry over lynching. She didn’t cry over slavery. . . . Oh wait, those were Democrat party policies. That’s back when blacks voted Republican. Having the approved and acceptable emotions can be so complicated.

snaggletoothie on January 9, 2008 at 10:20 PM

she didn’t cry over Katrina

He inherited his dad’s race-baiting charlatanism. How does he know she never once cried over Katrina? (Of course she probably didn’t, but you can’t prove it)

jgapinoy on January 9, 2008 at 10:28 PM

1. OMGoodness, is my congressman a brainless little stapled-belly racist douchebag, or what? I still challenge any precinct in the country to claim worse representation than mine: Jesse “Staples” Jackson, Jr., Todd(ler) Stroger, Rod Baloneyvich “the Democrat most hated by Democrats in America”, Dick “Pol Pot” Durbin, and Osama Obama. I defy you to beat that.

Babs on January 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM

You’re kidding, right?

Jaibones on January 9, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Heh, ever since JJJ got the gastric by pass and lost all that weight he thinks he’s Link from Enter the Dragon. http://jessejacksonjr.smugmug.com/gallery/1038289

This summer Grasshopper blew his top on the house floor and used the deadly potty mouth technique on Lee Terry (R) and when that didn’t work he went old school ghetto on him and challanged him to step out into the alley for a fight.

Too funny, I hope Obamasama brings more ass clowns like him on. Every time this wanker shows his mug and speaks on TV Barry will lose six tenths of a point with Independant voters.

Alden Pyle on January 9, 2008 at 11:17 PM

He is an almost impossibly stupid little man. It’s a wonder that the brilliant Obama has let him even utter the name “Obama” in public.

I can almost throw a rock to his suburban office from my house, and … hey!

Jaibones on January 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Do the second generation Vietnamese (Boat People) get an applaud for rebuilding their part of town (at their own expense)?

John Cunningham on January 10, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Jaibones on January 9, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Ha, that’s a tough one, and you do own the title in the house…..however I’ve got Ted Kennedy and John Kerry in the Senate. San Francisco looks like a right wing haven compared to my neighborhood.

Alden Pyle on January 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Worried about the poor. This from a rich kid who spent, what is it …about 35k for a stomach staple? His wife, a Chicago alderHo’ has had as many facelifts as Joan Rivers. The corners of her mouth almost touch her ears. Please.

LtE126 on January 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Babs on January 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM

It was after he was awarded a major beer distribution company. Amazing, no experience, but was just given a multi-million dollar distribution business. (which was going to be investigated by JJ sr. until his son got involved, what a coincidence).
Some people are just lucky…

right2bright on January 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM

right2bright on January 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM

No, his two retarded brothers were grant the Bud Distributorship on the north side of Chicago (Rush Street) via Affirmative Action (i.e., extortion money paid by Augie to avoid a boycott, as if).

Jaibones on January 10, 2008 at 10:20 PM

(grant-ed)

Jaibones on January 10, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Alden Pyle on January 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Kennedy – Kerry and that douche Deval. Tough lineup. But Durbin – Obama – Blagojevich is formidable.

Jaibones on January 10, 2008 at 10:22 PM